• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. End Title Medley
  2. Popeye theme (SFC)
  3. Field
  4. Popeye's Sweethaven
  5. The Grand Finale (Popeye)
  6. Credits (Popeye & Son)
  7. The Docks (Rush for Spinach)
  8. Popeye (Arcade) (New Remix)

Olive layout
368F38DA-CB84-4908-83D3-38EAF7E9807B.jpeg

The yellow is the sail, which you can jump through, but should you be knocked back into will bounce you back into the orange circle which is a fishing net. Any foe who gets stuck in the fishing net (which can happen even if you jump into it) will slowly be lowered down into the water and have to mash to escape - however, every escaped mash will keep the fishing net at the height it's dropped to, so the more times the fishing net is in play the more dangerous it'll be. Water is swimmable and the stage can crash into a rock like Pirate Ship. Bluto is in the background controlling the fishing net and keeping Olive captive, crashing into the rock will send Bluto flying and destroy the net and sail, though all 3 will reappear once it bounces back

Free content: Playground Mode
Items do not spawn in this mode, but you have access to Training Mode's item spawns and can change your character or morph the stage on the fly with a tiny menu above you. Compatible with up to 8 players with the ability to join in or out like a classic b'mup or even play solo, perfect for roleplay, screenshots and silliness. Battles never end and must be stopped manually.

Didn’t Janx submit some objects as well?

Either way, I’ll get to submitting for today’s jobs in the afternoon.
I mean the non-object submissions. Either way I'll try to submit some objects later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man (Cartoons)
2. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man (Movie)
3. I Yam What I Yam (Movie)
4. Rough House Fight (Movie)
5. Arcade (New Remix)
6. Popeye's Sweethaven (Universal Studios)
7. Moon (Rush for Spinach)
8. Popeye and Son Theme

I don't know if Items or Popeye content are allowed for this job but
Mr_Bluto.png

Ally Contact: Bluto
He'll walk around the stage and deliver a powerful punch to an opponent, similar to Little Mac's charged punch, sending them flying upwards. There's a chance you could get Brutus instead, but this will make no difference to his attack. yes this is a reference to the terrible switch game

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't know if Items or Popeye content are allowed for this job but
View attachment 358544
Ally Contact: Bluto
He'll walk around the stage and deliver a powerful punch to an opponent, similar to Little Mac's charged punch, sending them flying upwards. There's a chance you could get Brutus instead, but this will make no difference to his attack. yes this is a reference to the terrible switch game
Unfortunately, Popeye content isn't allowed for the free content job - items and ally contacts are however, and you could even submit a few in batch if you want, though DLC ally contacts would disconfirm.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
New content:
Echo Fighter!
Kalypso (Jimmy T. Echo)

Kalypso will be an Echo for Jimmy, in reference to her Brawl trophy description which says she runs a popular nightclub. For one change at least, I can see her up special being changed to the rocketbarrels from Barrel Blast, since that’s her only real appearance so far.

D

Deleted member

The "Get Animated" Costume Pack
Mario_Artwork_DIC.png

Luigi_Artwork_DIC.jpg

Princess_Toadstool_AOSM.png

bowser-313461-normal.jpg

EScapECX0AYsv7V.png

yoshi_from_the_super_mario_world_tv_show__2__by_babyshowfan_demksat-fullview.png

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_AoStH_profile.png

Fitting for a classic Cartoon character like Popeye. These would be skins. The Toad one would be a skin for Captain Toad. If possible they would change voices.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Objects are closed. Janx's will be prioritised over FazDude's due to his lower amount of submissions. We will not complete them.

My Olive layout wins by default, while Sweethaven will stay open

Chocolate Milk wins

1. End Title Medley
  2. Popeye theme (SFC)
  3. Field
  4. Popeye's Sweethaven
  5. The Grand Finale (Popeye)
  6. Credits (Popeye & Son)
  7. The Docks (Rush for Spinach)
  8. Popeye (Arcade) (New Remix)

Olive layout
View attachment 358545
The yellow is the sail, which you can jump through, but should you be knocked back into will bounce you back into the orange circle which is a fishing net. Any foe who gets stuck in the fishing net (which can happen even if you jump into it) will slowly be lowered down into the water and have to mash to escape - however, every escaped mash will keep the fishing net at the height it's dropped to, so the more times the fishing net is in play the more dangerous it'll be. Water is swimmable and the stage can crash into a rock like Pirate Ship. Bluto is in the background controlling the fishing net and keeping Olive captive, crashing into the rock will send Bluto flying and destroy the net and sail, though all 3 will reappear once it bounces back

Free content: Playground Mode
Items do not spawn in this mode, but you have access to Training Mode's item spawns and can change your character or morph the stage on the fly with a tiny menu above you. Compatible with up to 8 players with the ability to join in or out like a classic b'mup or even play solo, perfect for roleplay, screenshots and silliness. Battles never end and must be stopped manually.

I mean the non-object submissions. Either way I'll try to submit some objects later.
The "Get Animated" Costume Pack
View attachment 358588
View attachment 358589
View attachment 358590
View attachment 358591
View attachment 358592
View attachment 358594

View attachment 358593
Fitting for a classic Cartoon character like Popeye. These would be skins. The Toad one would be a skin for Captain Toad. If possible they would change voices.
Please vote here for the free content

Please vote here for music:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Link hat and wig
  2. Zelda wig
  3. Toon Link mask
  4. Toon Zelda mask
  5. BOTW Link wig
  6. Twilight Princess Zelda wig
  7. Ganondorf wig
  8. Ganon mask
  9. Tingle hat
  10. Sheik hat
  11. Bokoblin mask
  12. Midna hat and wig
  13. Majora's Mask
  14. Fierce Deity Mask
  15. Twilight realm trail
  16. Rupee trail
  17. 8 bit Link trail
  18. Wind Waker Wind trail
  19. Wind Waker Wind pattern (non-customisable)
  20. Sheikah technology blue pattern (non-customisable)

Activity: Peaceful Walks (Mario, explorer beanie hat) vs. Foot Races (Wario, sports sweatband)

FazDude

Smash Master
Sweethaven Layout
1660487193497.png

I'm not sure if we already have a stage with Merchant Port's layout (I'll gladly swap it out if we do), but I think it could be really fitting for a Sweethaven stage even when you take away the two's similar theming. The only major difference I'd make is adding the docking ships that Darkonedagger mentioned in the original submission - Ocassionally, a boat will pull up to one side of the stage, turning that side into a walkoff for a short period.

Activity: Boxing vs. Wrestling
  • Boxing (Mario): A beanie with a boxing glove coming out of either side, not unlike Bowser's top hat in Odyssey
  • Wrestling (Wario): A bandanna/sunglasses combo not unlike that of the Hulkster

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sweethaven Layout
View attachment 358626
I'm not sure if we already have a stage with Merchant Port's layout (I'll gladly swap it out if we do), but I think it could be really fitting for a Sweethaven stage even when you take away the two's similar theming. The only major difference I'd make is adding the docking ships that Darkonedagger mentioned in the original submission - Ocassionally, a boat will pull up to one side of the stage, turning that side into a walkoff for a short period.

Activity: Boxing vs. Wrestling
  • Boxing (Mario): A beanie with a boxing glove coming out of either side, not unlike Bowser's top hat in Odyssey
  • Wrestling (Wario): A bandanna/sunglasses combo not unlike that of the Hulkster
We have a stage with the competitive Merchant Port layout, but not the casual version, so this should be fine.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Writing (Wario) vs Reading (Mario)
Writing is a typewriter hat, reading is a book mask (where it's open and the character's head is poking through, like a pop-up book)
Zelda pack possibly coming soon.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Darkonedagger's music will be used, and Playground mode will be a new free mode

FazDude's Sweethaven layout will be used, as will my Zelda cosmetics

Please vote here for the conquest

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
(Kid) Goku

Ooh boy, the elephant in the room. While I don't think "regular" Goku would be out of place per say, (at least not in the way that someone like Jotaro or Ichigo would be) I feel Kid Goku just fits better. Would certainly be a shocking twist to the inevitable Goku speculation brought on by Popeye's reveal.

Last edited:
Asian guest submission:
Doraemon
1660541801495.png
Doraemon is an eponymous protagonist of self-titled manga/anime series Doraemon and he is a robot cat who was sent back from 22nd century to modern times where he has to take care of Nobita.
He is one of Japanese anime icons and his design would fit within Mario universe.

For his attacks, he could use his weapons to attack the opponents like punches for example. He could even grow high as his final smash attack.

I feel that Doraemon would make sense in the game, considering that his aesthetic would fit in Mario universe like I said earlier.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Renominating Godzilla
View attachment 358272
Godzilla, another Japanese icon, and one that would be kind of strange to see suddenly appear. Plus I'm still sad for what initially happened to him back when I ran the Pop Culture Clash thread. He can use his atomic breath streams or even fly around with them, balance on his tail for a kick forward, send out a nuclear pulse from his body, and a whole bunch of weird things in various comics and other media, ranging from becoming composed of demons from Hell, playing basketball, becoming an EVA Unit...there is a lot of Godzilla stuff, and while I wouldn't necessarily say to make him do all of those strange things for his moveset, Godzilla is definitely a character who has worked in a wide variety of tones before. He can also be a giant character, functionally similar in that regard to the Iron Giant in MultiVersus.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, this is definitely an out-of-left-field choice but

The Fuwa (Good-Luck-Dolls) (The Olympics)

051AEF3A-6C2C-4788-9733-8BDBA8497AFF.jpeg

These dolls were the mascots of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Each one of them represented a different continent participating in the Olympics and different aspects of Chinese culture. I feel these dolls can be a stance fighter with elements of Chinese culture sprinkled in their moveset. There is obviously a connection between Mario and the Olympics as that is where Mario and Sonic first crossed over right in Beijing, China. We can definitely have loads of Olympics themed stuff as well come with this DLC fighter.

Definitely an out there choice for sure.

More info about The Fuwa

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I don’t normally submit here, but I have a perfect guest character idea for this category:
Hanako Yukimaru (Channel wa Sonomama)
BE451AA4-755D-4825-8AF6-4C88805470F9.png

She’s a newscaster for the Fictional HHTV Channel Star in Sapporo, Japan. Why someone like her is because I think her natural enthusiasm, energy, and clumsiness would be perfect in a fighting game, and fit in perfectly in the world of the Mushroom Kingdom and Beyond.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Hatsune Miku
View attachment 358711

The fan-favorite face of Vocaloid. Has met Mario before (at the Olympics no less) and was of course a costume in Super Mario Maker. Otherwise, yeah.
She wasn’t in Mario Maker! That was someone who looked like her but was completely unrelated! Still a good pick though~

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Football conquest will be next

View attachment 358272
Godzilla, another Japanese icon, and one that would be kind of strange to see suddenly appear. Plus I'm still sad for what initially happened to him back when I ran the Pop Culture Clash thread. He can use his atomic breath streams or even fly around with them, balance on his tail for a kick forward, send out a nuclear pulse from his body, and a whole bunch of weird things in various comics and other media, ranging from becoming composed of demons from Hell, playing basketball, becoming an EVA Unit...there is a lot of Godzilla stuff, and while I wouldn't necessarily say to make him do all of those strange things for his moveset, Godzilla is definitely a character who has worked in a wide variety of tones before. He can also be a giant character, functionally similar in that regard to the Iron Giant in MultiVersus.
(Kid) Goku

Ooh boy, the elephant in the room. While I don't think "regular" Goku would be out of place per say, (at least not in the way that someone like Jotaro or Ichigo would be) I feel Kid Goku just fits better. Would certainly be a shocking twist to the inevitable Goku speculation brought on by Popeye's reveal.
Asian guest submission:
Doraemon is an eponymous protagonist of self-titled manga/anime series Doraemon and he is a robot cat who was sent back from 22nd century to modern times where he has to take care of Nobita.
He is one of Japanese anime icons and his design would fit within Mario universe.

For his attacks, he could use his weapons to attack the opponents like punches for example. He could even grow high as his final smash attack.

I feel that Doraemon would make sense in the game, considering that his aesthetic would fit in Mario universe like I said earlier.
Resubmitting.

#Kittysweep
View attachment 358703
Domo Kun
The mascot of Japanese public broadcaster NHK and an icon of 2000s pop culture. He'd have a very oddball moveset.
Ok, this is definitely an out-of-left-field choice but

The Fuwa (Good-Luck-Dolls) (The Olympics)

View attachment 358705

These dolls were the mascots of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Each one of them represented a different continent participating in the Olympics and different aspects of Chinese culture. I feel these dolls can be a stance fighter with elements of Chinese culture sprinkled in their moveset. There is obviously a connection between Mario and the Olympics as that is where Mario and Sonic first crossed over right in Beijing, China. We can definitely have loads of Olympics themed stuff as well come with this DLC fighter.

Definitely an out there choice for sure.

More info about The Fuwa
I don’t normally submit here, but I have a perfect guest character idea for this category:
Hanako Yukimaru (Channel wa Sonomama)
View attachment 358704
She’s a newscaster for the Fictional HHTV Channel Star in Sapporo, Japan. Why someone like her is because I think her natural enthusiasm, energy, and clumsiness would be perfect in a fighting game, and fit in perfectly in the world of the Mushroom Kingdom and Beyond.
Hatsune Miku
View attachment 358711

The fan-favorite face of Vocaloid. Has met Mario before (at the Olympics no less) and was of course a costume in Super Mario Maker. Otherwise, yeah.
Astro Boy

The young robotic hero from one if the most influential works in the japanese pop culture.
  1. Astro Boy
  2. Hatsune Miku
  3. Hanako Yukimaru
  4. Fuwa
  5. Domo-Kun
  6. Helly Kitty
  7. Doraemon
  8. Godzilla
  9. Kid Goku
Please vote for your top 5 - #1 and #2 get 3, #3 gets 2, #4 and #5 get 1.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. #Kittysweep
2. Goku
3. Doraemon
4. Godzilla
5. Domo-Kun

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom