• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection - Continued

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Minecraft
2. Skyrim
3. Sonic 3 and Knuckles

I agree that we should stay away from Nintendo titles for a while to be honest. I have no idea for a collectible to be honest. I love all the ideas proposed. Thus, I will write a profile for Wii Sports.

Wii Sports

Being one of the best-selling Nintendo games of all time, Wii Sports is a classic that many remember playing when the game first launched in 2006 as a launch title for the Wii itself. The game consists of five sports being tennis, baseball, golf, boxing and bowling. Players can create Miis on the Wii console to play as a representation of themselves or someone else. You may even get to face against Matt, a self-proclaimed legend of sports (especially boxing). Beyond this, the game spawned sequels with more sports added as well as set the groundwork for games in the 21st century by Wii Sports having very easy accessibility, broad appeal, as well as its long-term impact on console development at Nintendo and other game hardware designers. With the Ultimate Game Collection, you can relive the magic of Wii Sports with your friends, family or even just for yourself by seeing how this game was able to bring all kinds of video game enthusiasts and those who did not care much about gaming together.

FazDude

Smash Master
Collectible: Action Figures

I mean, it's kinda obvious, but whatever. Action figures would depict the likenesses of several characters featured in the games, each being sculpted in the same unified art style (aw hell naw pop figures in ugc). You could unlock them through in-game gacha machines, earning achievements, clearing high scores in score-based titles, and a rotating shop (just in case you don't like gacha). The main draw, though, would be a diorama feature where you could create little scenes with the characters.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Consoles and Their Accessories

yep, the consoles and some accessories from them would be the collectibles,they can be unlocked randomly,some famous consoles as NES, Mega Drive, Atari 2600, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and etc.,some non-famous Consoles as Philips CD-I,Atari Jaguar and Dreamcast and Accessories from each Console as Power Glove of NES, Memory Card of PlayStation 2 and DDR Dance Pad. this idea take from Astro's Playroom

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit some achievements:

Ocarina of Time
1. Frozen In Time: Get the ice arrows
2. Are You Proud Of Yourself?: Get 50 or more rupees from breaking pots
3. The Most Useful Item: Defeat Ganondorf with an empty bottle
4. I Wasn’t Listening: Respond “no” when asked by Kaepora Gaebora if you understand
5. Hyrule’s Protector: Deflect an attack 30 times

Wii Sports
1. Good Bowl Boy: Bowl a perfect game
2. Best Boxers Of All Time: Beat Matt in boxing

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. Metal Gear Solid (I was actually halfway done with writing a whole submission for this game til I realized someone else already did it lol)
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Minecraft

At the risk of being obvious, here's my submission for collectibles...

Boxes

1672604099637.png

Video games always come in boxes, and the boxart displayed on the front is the single key image most associated with pretty much every game out there. I think boxes and boxart could be a great collectible because of the nature of this collection. If these are supposed to be some of the most essential games ever, chances are they have a history of being rereleased or remade on various different platforms, especially the older games that would get ported to everything and the modern games that would release on all major platforms at once. The different collectible boxarts could include the versions used on different consoles the game was released on, different box sizes and types for the consoles, or even the different art that was drawn for different regions of the world that it was released in. The player could then choose which default box and boxart would be displayed in the big game selection screen.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submit A Racing Game Or Strategy Game

For this job you can submit either a racing game, a strategy game, or one of each. To be clear, strategy games include tactical RPG’s like Fire Emblem and XCOM or real time strategy games like StarCraft or Command & Conquer. I think racing games are pretty self explanatory, they’re games where the main purpose and gameplay loop is racing players or racing yourself to get the best time. Have fun!

Last edited:
Strategy game submission:
Starcraft (Blizzard, 1998)
1672606512229.png
Starcraft is a real-time strategy video game made by Blizzard in 1998, released on PC and Nintendo 64. The game is set in a fictitious future timeline during the 25th century AD in a distant part of the Milky Way galaxy known as the Koprulu Sector, the game revolves around three intelligent species fighting for dominance: the Terrans are humans exiled from Earth who are now skilled at adapting to any situation; the Zerg are a race of insectoid aliens in pursuit of genetic perfection and obsessed with assimilating other races; the Protoss are a humanoid species with advanced technology and psionic abilities who are attempting to preserve their civilization and strict philosophy about their way of life from the Zerg.

Starcraft is one of most popular strategy games of all time and it was also one of most selling games of all time. This game pioneered the use of unique factions in RTS gameplay, and for having a compelling story.
I think Starcraft would be an obvious choice for a RTS game since we don't have any Blizzard games in our collection, so Starcraft would be one of them.

Racing game submission:
Daytona USA (SEGA, 1995)
1672606628095.png

"Do-da do-da do-do-do-do do-do-do Daytonaaaaaaaa! Daytona! Let's go away"​

Daytona USA is a racing video game made by SEGA back in 1995, released on arcades and it's a racing game, where you the player controls a car named "Hornet" and races with other cars through various tracks. This game got even ported to SEGA saturn due to it's popularity.

This game was so popular that SEGA decided to put Hornet in fighters megamix game as a joke character.

This game was one of greatest racing games of all time and it would be one of obvious choice for a racing game in our collection.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Think i nominated three houses before will do so again for our strategy game.

Crazy Taxi 2

As far as i know may be considered more of an expansion to the iconic 1st game nowadays adding 2 maps & a couple racers to what came before.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Burnout Paradise

Burnout is a racing franchise owned by EA and is known for it's crash system, Paradise is one of the most critically acclaimed games in the series

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Xcom Enemy Unknown was a critically acclaimed reboot of an older Strategy franchise, this game was and still is a fantastic representation of the Strategy genre.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll submit:

Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo - Cover - JP.jpg

One of the best selling racing games of all time. We don't have any Sony games yet so I think it'd be a good pick.

Command & Conquer
See the source image

One of the first strategy games which is to this day one of the most popular ones. It was famous for its use of FMV's and famous actors to play characters in its plot

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Wait I need some clarification. Everyone's submitting a strategy game and a racing game, but the job says strategy or racing. Should I include two or one games in my submission?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Chess Ultra

It is chess, in 4K. That's the submission.

(Oh yeah also there's an option to play against the Grim Reaper which is simultaneously terrifying and awesome.)

OutRun

Unlike most racing games, there is pretty much no racing in OutRun. You just...drive. It's awesome. I know maybe not the most obvious first choice from SEGA, but still a great inclusion. Its legacy is still felt today in today's arcade games, racing games, and even music - outrun is literally a synonym of synthwave now. That's how goated the soundtrack is.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Need For Speed Underground

Nfsu_capa_pt.jpg

Need For Speed Underground is a racing game developed by EA Games (when EA was a good company),this game is most popular of franchise,but lose for NFS Most Wanted and NFS Underground and its sequel is very nostalgic.

Fire Emblem Awekening

Fire_Emblem_Awakening_box_art.png

Fire Emblem Awekening is a RPG Strategy game developed by Nintendo,and...nothing of special,i just don't know a lot about Fire Emblem

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I agree with the people saying that we should try to not be so biased towards Nintendo, but an exception needs to be made for Mario Kart. The series is insanely iconic, it might as well be synonymous with the genre for many. That begs the question, though, which game? To start off, here are the games in the series I don't think to deserve to be in this collection

Super Mario Kart (yeah, it started the series and all, but it didn't age well and few are as nostalgic for it as other games in the series)
Super Circuit (undeniably the most forgettable main series game in the series)
Double Dash (I feel like I'll get some flak for this one, but hear me out. DD is a good game, but it's not much more than that. It didn't revolutionize the series, most of its new features were one offs, and it doesn't have the same afterlife as a certain other GameCube multiplayer game. I just think it would be a bit misplaced in this collection)
Seven (Same situation. 7 is actually one of my favorites in the series, is it one of the 100 most important games of all time? No.)
Tour (I don't think this one needs explained)
Arcade 1/2/Home Circuit (did you remember these ones existed?)

I think you could make a case for every other Mario Kart game, but one stands above the rest - 8 Deluxe. By the time the Booster Course Pass is done, it will have 96 tracks - triple the number in DS and Wii, and six times the 64 course list. That alone gives it a good argument for being the best in the series, and it doesn't hurt and it also has incredible graphics, an insane soundtrack, great mechanics, existent online, brand new quality of life features ( such as the item select) and... a serviceable roster and battle mode.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Civ is a contender for my fav series ever so this was easy.

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

1672688898964.png

The Civilization games have been the codifiers for the entire grand strategy genre for thirty years now. These games take strategy beyond military tactics and put players in charge of every facet of a whole nation as it develops through thousands of years of history, and that huge concept has made them appealing enough to be one of the most successful PC game series ever. All six main entries maintain that spirit of recreating all of history in their own way, but all of them are also distinct and play very differently. Even the old clunky ones from the nineties bring something unique to the table. I went with the most recent entry, Civilization VI, for this submission because it's the most accessible, but any of the games could deserve a spot here.

The only racing games I'm interested in submitting were already submitted so that's it from me lol

D

Deleted member

Forza_Horizon_5_cover_art.jpg

Forza Horizon 5

I don't know a lot about car games, but I remember everyone I know that does care about them ranting and raving about this won. It's a gorgeous game and was nominated for multiple awards at 2021's game awards.

Might submit a strategy game later

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the snow level voting:
Mega Man X 8
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 11
Donkey Kong Country 11
Banjo-Kazooie 0
Metal Gear Solid 18
Super Smash Bros. Melee 1
Santa Claus Saves The Earth 0
Kingdom Hearts II 0
Okami 0
Minecraft 15
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 8
Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time 4

So Metal Gear Solid will be added! Congratulations Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Achivements and profile are open for Metal Gear Solid.

Here are our options for strategy and racing games. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order for both. Your own can’t be in first place:
Racing:
OutRun ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Daytona USA ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Gran Turismo ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Crazy Taxi 2 ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Need For Speed: Underground ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Burnout Paradise (@cashregiser9)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Forza Horizon 5 (@Darkonedagger)

Strategy:
Command & Conquer ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
StarCraft ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Fire Emblem: Awakening ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
XCOM: Enemy Unknown ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
Chess Ultra ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Fire Emblem: Three Houses ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Civilization VI ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )

My votes:
1. OutRun
2. Daytona USA
3. Gran Turismo

1. Chess Ultra
2. Command & Conquer
3. XCOM

Now here are the options for collectibles. Please vote for your top three most wanted options for this one as well.
Posters ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Filters ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Cosmetics ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Cheat Codes ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Art Books (@Darkonedagger)
Action Figures ( FazDude FazDude )
Consoles and accessories ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Boxes ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )

My votes:
1. Action figures
2. Cosmetics
3. Art books

D

Deleted member

1. Gran Turismo
2. Forza
3. Burnout

1. Civ
2. Starcraft
3. Command and Conquer

1. Cosmetics
2. Artbooks
3. Action Figures

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Racing Game:
  1. OutRun
  2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  3. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
Strategy Game:
  1. Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. XCOM
Collectibles:
  1. Artbooks
  2. Cheat Codes
  3. Consoles and Accessories

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Daytona USA
2. Outrun
3. Gran Turismo

1. Starcraft
2. Command and Conquer
3. Civilization

1. Action Figures
2. Posters
3. Art Books

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Ooh triple vote.

1. Daytona USA
2. Need for Speed: Underground
3. Out Run

(I'm realizing too late that I actually did have an idea for the racing game category: Cruis'n USA, but luckily Daytona fills the niche well)

1. StarCraft
2. Civilization VI
3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

1. Consoles and accessories
2. Action figures
3. Boxes

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll submit achivements for Metal Gear Solid:
1. No-Smoking Fight: Beat a boss with the cigarettes equipped
2. Steady Hands: Beat Sniper Wolf in both encounters without using pentazemin
3. Efficency: Kill less than 10 genome soldiers in your entire playthrough
4. Solid Will: Resist Revolver Ocelot's torture
5. Raven Outsmarted: Damage Vulcan Raven with C4

I think it would be funny if Psycho Mantis could read literally every single other game on this collection out to you.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submit An Arcade Game
A visit to Galloping Ghost, the largest video game arcade in the USA ...

We do have one game, Street Fighter II, that first released on Arcade but not many that use more of an arcade style of gameplay, and it is a very big part of the industry that there are plenty of picks for. So for this one you can submit any game that was first released on arcades. Please submit the game and why it deserves to be in this collection.

Submit A Handheld Game
Comparison photos just for a bit of fun - Atari Lynx - AtariAge Forums

Submit a game that was first released on a handheld console. If one released for handhelds and consoles at the same time on day 1 it does not count unless there's a big difference between the two games. The switch does not count as a handheld. Please submit the game and explain why it deserves to be in this collection.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submissions will be:

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Pin en RetroGames

Often considered the best of the classic Mortal Kombat games which are extremely influential (for better or for worse) for extreme violence and visuals. The Mortal Kombat games essentially created a whole new world of fighting games in the west. Now admittedly the games are hard to get into for newer players in the modern day, that's not a thing we can really get rid of, but this is considered the easiest for new players to get into due to its (relative) polish and satisfying gameplay.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Cover Artwork

Aria of Sorrow is the third Castlevania game released on Gameboy Advance and is often considered the best handheld one. Castlevania is an extremely influential series, especially its "metroidvania" entries, and I think Aria of Sorrow might be better as a first entry in this collection over Symphony of the Night, the more popular one, because Aria has a more natural difficulty curve, an easier way to get the good ending, and is overall more newcomer friendly in my opinion.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Handheld: Nintendogs: Best Friends

Again, I don't want too much Nintendo, but it's pretty hard to find notable handheld games not tied to Nintendo with their historic monopoly on the format. Also the idea of someone trying for 100% in Nintendogs is funny. Was going to use "Tiger Name That Tune", but I felt that only had funny factor and nothing else compared to Nintendogs. Do absolutely want an LCD game at some point though.

Arcade: Bubble Bobble

One of the few 80s games to hold up well enough to feel like it could've come out today. (keep in mind, I say this as an 80s Arcade Game Enjoyer) Also a completionist nightmare, perfect for my lone goal of making 100% achivement completion of a violation of the Geneva Convention,

Metal Gear achivement
  1. Big Fish, Little Fish - Avoid being noticed in cardboard box
Wii Sports Achivement
  1. Expressing Miiself - Create a custom Mii
  2. Ball to the Wall - Roll the bowling ball backwards
  3. Counter, Yet Intuitive - Beat any round in any mode without motion controls on
  4. You Got a Low Score! - Get a hole in 1 in Golf
Doom
  1. Ghandoom - Beat all stages as a pacifist (doesn't need to be in a single run)
  2. Looks Like Christmas! - Locate the BFG

1. Outrun
  2. Turismo
  3. CTR

1. XCOM
  2. Civilisation
  3. Command & Conquer

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Arcade Game: Space Invaders (1978)
1673137049199.png

What more is there to say? This game is a classic

Handheld Game: Pokemon Fire Red/Lead Green (2004)
1673137162460.png

Another classic, though not as classic as some might prefer. I feel a Kanto game is the obvious choice to represent the series, but Gen 1 itself is very outdated - the Gen 3 remake makes it much more palatable. This would count as one game in the collection, and you can select which version before you begin. The Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Deoxys quests, previously event only, will be automatically activated in the post game, making this truly the definitive version of these games (it can also connect to Pokemon Home)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Frogger (1981)

Frogger is an arcade game relased on 1981,in the game the player can control a frog that is crossing the street,also Frogger is a iconic game.

Kirby Super Star Ultra

Kirby Super Star Ultra is a 2008 game released for Nintendo DS,the game is a remake of Kirby Super Star,but having some differences.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Arcade: TMNT

Lot of good options, was mixed between this and other classics like rampage world tour or simpsons but went with this due to its recent seemingly increased interest with the release of Shredders Revenge.

Handheld: Mario Kart DS

Really popular/iconic franchise that will probably end up in this collection eventually, The entry on DS is my personal favorite being the 1st to introduce Retro Cups & the only entry to have a Mission Mode which was great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom