• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baysha

Smash Ace
Pinkie Pie

I just love the contrast between my first two character submissions. From the show that proved that you can make something about talking colorful ponies and have it be watched by more than just little girls, Pinkie Pie joins the party. She'd fight like a mixture of the trickster and rushdown archetypes. Using party supplies and an egregious amount of confetti to attack.

AlRex

Smash Lord
When we eventually get to adding in Pokémon for the Pokéballs, should I allow Agumon, Metabee, Stitch, the Monster Rancher eyeball guy, etc. just for the Heck of it + the overall crossover/weirdness aspect?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
When we eventually get to adding in Pokémon for the Pokéballs, should I allow Agumon, Metabee, Stitch, the Monster Rancher eyeball guy, etc. just for the Heck of it + the overall crossover/weirdness aspect?
Personally I think we should just stick to actual pokemon

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Motoko Kusanagi

OIP.pkaBQicder7wEHXEBR07gwHaLB.jpg

Motoko, most commonly referred to as The Major, is a non nonsense cop in the near future of Tokyo. Motoko's entire body is synthetic, making her soul or her "ghost" the only thing in her body that makes her still human. Sometimes she wonders if she was ever human at all or robot that was given memories to make it think it was human.

The Major heads a organization called Section 9 which patrols for and works against acts of cyber-terrorism. Her current body has been specially modified to increase her covert and combat capabilities.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'm going to keep the Character submission job running for at least 24 hours, as per usual. But looking at the poll, I'll call it for Trading Cards being what the Profiles are gonna be called. Imagine that you collect one, see an image on the front, then click it to flip it over and see a bio, maybe even stats or a quote from the character, what their appearances in media have been, all that good stuff.

Last edited:
Job 20:
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) (Video Games)

Who is Lara Croft?

Lara Croft is main character of Tomb Raider games, which she is archeologist travelling and exploring ancient cities and searching for Ancient Treasures in her Games. She is very iconic character and she could deserve to be in Pop-Culture Clash!

How she could work in Platform Fighter?
Her moveset could consist of her actions from her Games like shooting from Bows or Rolling a Boulder in front of Her. She could Wall jump, Wall climb and Crawl as her movement options. Her one of Super Attacks could be, where she Rides on T-Rex and chases opponents in cutscene and KOes them.
Her design is Based on modern Games, but she has bigger bust taken from Original Games.

Why Lara Croft?
I nominate Lara Croft, because she is an Icon of Gaming and she could deserve a spot in Pop-Culture Roster due to fact that she popularized Action-Adventure games and she was well known character like I said earlier.
She debuted on Sega Saturn and her Games sold huge amount of Copies worldwide and in fact that she originated from United Kingdom, so it could appeal to Western community and Eastern Community.
She could also represent from 90's Games and Square Enix, since Square Enix owns her rights.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 20:

Since we have the Pokeball as an item, I'll submit the female Pokémon Trainer as a playable character. Leaf will be the default pick, though others can be represented through alts. Instead of standing in the background and having the player control the Pokémon, the trainer will be fully controllable and can attack by using overworld items like the bicycle or briefly summoning Pokémon to attack. The Pokémon Trainer is the main protagonist of subsequent games in the series and I think it would be a nice contrast to Smash to be able to actually play as them (or her in this case).

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Samus Aran

One of the 1st major female video protagonist. Series seems to be on the rise with the success of dread & future of prime 4. Metroid works really well in Smash but can maybe see concern if you are looking for something unique from Smash. Not super in to Metroid but since Samus has not been updated much since 64 & given how many Metroid games have released since then I feel like that could resolve the potential too similar issue.

Holiday Profiles:
1. Skid and Pump (Spooky Month/SrPelo)
2. Pit (Kid Icarus) (He is an Angel, so he could fit in Holiday)
3. Jack Bros (Shin Megami Tensei)
4. Jesus Christ (As Depicted in Bible, but in Cartoonish way)
5. Pot of Gold

And Mickey Mouse profiles:
1. Suicide Drepressed Mouse.avi
2. Riku
3. Roxas
4. Disney Castle
5. Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
And Mickey Mouse profiles:
1. Suicide Mouse.avi
2. Riku
3. Roxas
4. Disney Castle
5. Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse
Okay no offense dude but think about it for a minute: do you really think something called “suicide mouse.avi” is gonna be/should be accepted as a profile for the mickey mouse section?

Okay no offense dude but think about it for a minute: do you really think something called “suicide mouse.avi” is gonna be/should be accepted as a profile for the mickey mouse section?
I don't know, but it's about Pop-Culture bro, so possibly every stuff (Except OCs and Real People) could be in the Game like Creepypastas.

Also didn't we say that we wouldn't do religious/worship figures.
Remember Devil as Boss?
Well, we can tone Jesus down since he would be Cartoonich Depiction of Jesus Christ.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I don't know, but it's about Pop-Culture bro, so possibly every stuff (Except OCs and Real People) could be in the Game like Creepypastas.

Remember Devil as Boss?
Well, we can tone Jesus down since he would be Cartoonich Depiction of Jesus Christ.
1. Creepypastas could be allowed, but this Suicide Mouse.avi's name literally mentions suicide. I feel like that's a no-no.
2. The Devil is more generic. Jesus is literally Jesus.

1. Creepypastas could be allowed, but this Suicide Mouse.avi's name literally mentions suicide. I feel like that's a no-no.
2. The Devil is more generic. Jesus is literally Jesus.
1. Don't worry. I'll replace Suicide Mouse.avi Profile or change it's name to Depressed Mouse.avi.
2. I'm gonna Change Jesus into something else, unless Internet says that Jesus is basically Non-existant Character and he is fictional, so he could be allowed in the Game as Profile.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I dunno about adding Jesus. Maybe we can add VeggieTales and Bibleman. Probably not gonna add a whole bunch of the Creepypastas in. Slenderman, or even Jeff the Killer (oh lord), could get added, but I dunno about the creepy versions of the mouse, Squidward, Bart, Sonic, etc. Then again, I got a SMBZ Alt for Mario, so I dunno for sure.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'll rule that the Devil is eligible, because you can get away more with having Satan, especially as a villain who gets beaten or is even shown as ridiculous, than having the religious figures people actually would be majorly upset at you for depicting in a certain way. I dunno if the broader public would really want Jesus or even Moses to show up in a game where Darth Vader fights Kermit the Frog.

AlRex

Smash Lord
The 24 hour+ limit-ish thing now.
AlRex AlRex Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Powerpuff Girls
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Sailor Moon
@Darkonedagger Harley Quinn (DC)
Yiptap Yiptap Elsa (Frozen)
Baysha Baysha Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Oddball Oddball Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Female Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
nirvanafan nirvanafan Samus Aran (Metroid)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Peppa Pig

I personally will vote:
1. Sailor Moon
2. The Powerpuff Girls
3. Chun-Li

Top Bottom