• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
Ghostwriter

From what I know, the Ghostwriter seems to be an invisible person who seems to manipulate letters on signs or ANY text it comes across

So for this game, I have come up with this: The Ghostwriter is an invisible man holding a scroll with text! He can manipulate the text in its favor to use for attacks. While this can be VERY ticky to pull off, I think that this can be a potentially very creative moveset choice.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Oooooh boy, I am SOOOOO late on this one, but anyways, here goes........

Job 327:

Well, we've come so far to the point where we will start adding guest characters, BUT, before we do that, we have to cover ONE MORE area of PBS Kids first before we move to that territory.....

For this character job, please submit a character from a PBS Kids Show the NET and/or PTV Park era! As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:
Carmen SanDiego (Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego? (1996) )
View attachment 381720

The worldwide cunning thief and leader of V.I.L.E herself whom, although still relevant today with her Netflix series, was actually quite a big deal back in the day, starting out with a series of computer games made by Broderbund with the goal of teaching children world geography and stopping Carmen from stealing worldwide treasures alongside with the players' companions, the ACME agents. She even had a game show on PBS Kids back in 1996, where middle-school-aged kids compete in a series of games involving geography questions to determine where the red thief is.

She should get a spot in the game, because, well.....she's frankly just that popular and relevant even today! Not much of a comment on that matter.

In terms of her playstyle, I don't really have that much ideas, but considering she's a very swift thief who seems to be VERY good at hiding, she can possibly have a gimmick that involves having to move fast, use advanced stealth techniques, including becoming invisible and even have a system where she needs to be doing things undetected, otherwise she doesn't want her opponents catching her, and dare I say it....."red-handed" 🥁 ;)
Resubmitting Letterman (The Electric Company)

Electric-Company-The-Adventures-of-Letterman.jpg

Before there was WordGirl, there was Letterman. Letterman was a character who appeared in the skit The Adventures of Letterman on the 1970s PBS show The Electric Company. He would stop the Spell Binder from ruining an everyday situation by changing the letters of a word to make things right. I was waiting to represent The Electric Company with a fighter as I feel we need more pre-PTV Park/NET-era PBS reps which this job will cover. We would then complete the trifecta of the 70s PBS shows (Sesame Street, Mister Roger's Neighborhood, and The Electric Company). There were even Sesame Street and Electric Company crossovers before too with Big Bird, Oscar, and Grover appearing on the show! Therefore, Letterman fits the bill for this job. He can come with a fun Electric Company-based stage and even a Spell Binder boss fight for the story mode although we would need to redesign Spell Binder's looks to make him less racist and controversial. This pick is kind of cheating too as there was the Electric Company reboot in 2009 but that did not have Letterman in it as the reboot's original run was from 2009 to 2012 (reruns ran until 2014).

The Electric Company was meant to be Sesame Street for older kids but was never that popular due to not having one main character or a selling mascot. Therefore, it was not that popular but the 70s show ran reruns on Noggin when it first debuted as a network on TV. It teaches kids reading skills, phonics, etc. (similar to Between the Lions in a way). If Letterman gets in, we will also have our first animated segment character as well who's not a main character.

He would be a middle-heavyweight (think Terry Bogard weight) with super speed and great aerial mobility but have a poor disadvantage state. Overall, a solid choice for PBS Kids: Brawltime! I also have a fun reveal trailer idea for him as well that's been in my head for a long time.

As for his gameplay gimmick/quirk, he would not have much of a gameplay gimmick. However...his attacks will be clear references to The Adventures of Letterman.

The big visual quirk for him though...

Hand Drawn Fighter

I would assume that PBS Kids: Brawltime's animation would be based around the PBS Kids webpage games (think a hybrid between the flash animation on the websites with clean 2D models). Letterman would be based more around the 70s style of animation with hand-drawn-esque animation as he will appear as he does in The Adventures of Letterman segments and such. A more visually appealing fighter than stylish gameplay gimmicks.

As for ideas for fighters for people who want to submit, here are a few series you can look at:

• Shining Time Station (the biggest one here)
  • Lamb Chop's Play-Along/The Charlie Horse Music Pizza Show (could be a case of a side character getting in over a main character maybe)
  • 3-2-1 Contact
  • Square One Television
  • Ghostwriter
Just some ideas to get you all submitting!
My submission (boy, it's a LOOOONG time since I submitted ANYTHING)
Mr. Conductor (Shining Time Station)

Haha, funny small man narrates some of the best train stories, lol. I do really love how the actor for Mr. Conductor is always parallel to the current narrator of Thomas the Tank Engine (Ringo Starr in season 1, George Carlin in Seasons 2-3)

Even though he's tiny, when has that ever stopped anyone from being a fighter?
Ghostwriter

From what I know, the Ghostwriter seems to be an invisible person who seems to manipulate letters on signs or ANY text it comes across

So for this game, I have come up with this: The Ghostwriter is an invisible man holding a scroll with text! He can manipulate the text in its favor to use for attacks. While this can be VERY ticky to pull off, I think that this can be a potentially very creative moveset choice.
Alright everyone! We have our usual four contributors with the newcomers and now we must vote on a newcomer. Vote for your top 2 newcomers but you may only put own submission in second!

Carmen Sandiego (Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego?) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick/Quirk: Thief-themed gimmick

Letterman (The Electric Company) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick/Quirk: Hand Drawn Animations/References to Skits

Mr. Conductor (Shining Time Station) CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick/Quirk: His tiny size/smallest fighter in game

Ghostwriter IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick/Quirk: A grammar based gimmick

Now, onto our next job!

Job 328:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the update for our sixth Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter. Similar to the other jobs, make the prompt specific but leave room for creativity.

One of the stages that will come with this fighter will be based on another PTV Park/NET era PBS Kids show. Keep that in mind when coming up with a prompt. Get submitting and use your imagination!

1. Mr. Conductor
2. Letterman

I loved Thomas and Friends growing up so Mr. Conductor would be a very fun and honestly....a super surprising addition. I feel his gimmick based on size can be something and it can be simple too. Letterman is my second vote as I still feel The Electric Company needs some true representation here. Shoutouts to Carmen and Ghostwriter but I do feel we should wait on having more overly gimmicky DLC fighters till the next pass as this Learner's Pass is filled with gimmicky fighters as is and it would be nice to go back to basics.

Stage prompt idea:

Submit a stage based on a specific scene from an episode or special or location tied to an episode or special from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Inspired by the Tarrytown Sky Parade and the Hot Air Balloon Chase stages, I feel we could be something more fun and a bit complicated where we can create stages based on specific scenes or locations tied to episodes for some fun variety. I can already see lots of cool ideas here. Jay Jay the Jet Plane and Barney and Friends would not be allowed to get stages this round as they already have stages based on specific scenes from episodes/specials.

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Letterman (I honestly LOVE the idea of him being entirely hand-drawn animated, something like that)
2. Ghostwriter

Submit a stage from another upcoming PBS Kids show

Granted, I don't have much other ideas right now unless we get to the guest character territory, but I just think adding another stage from an upcoming PBS Kids show would be fun ^^

Last edited:

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
1. Letterman
2. Mr. Conductor

Submit a stage from an old PBS Kids flash game!

Sure, we have some stages from characters who had games on the NES, Sega Genesis or Sony Playstation, but what about Flash games, they were extremely popular with kids who grew up with PBS Kids in the old days

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 328:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the update for our sixth Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter. Similar to the other jobs, make the prompt specific but leave room for creativity.

One of the stages that will come with this fighter will be based on another PTV Park/NET era PBS Kids show. Keep that in mind when coming up with a prompt. Get submitting and use your imagination!

1. Mr. Conductor
2. Letterman

I loved Thomas and Friends growing up so Mr. Conductor would be a very fun and honestly....a super surprising addition. I feel his gimmick based on size can be something and it can be simple too. Letterman is my second vote as I still feel The Electric Company needs some true representation here. Shoutouts to Carmen and Ghostwriter but I do feel we should wait on having more overly gimmicky DLC fighters till the next pass as this Learner's Pass is filled with gimmicky fighters as is and it would be nice to go back to basics.

Stage prompt idea:

Submit a stage based on a specific scene from an episode or special or location tied to an episode or special from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Inspired by the Tarrytown Sky Parade and the Hot Air Balloon Chase stages, I feel we could be something more fun and a bit complicated where we can create stages based on specific scenes or locations tied to episodes for some fun variety. I can already see lots of cool ideas here. Jay Jay the Jet Plane and Barney and Friends would not be allowed to get stages this round as they already have stages based on specific scenes from episodes/specials.
1. Letterman (I honestly LOVE the idea of him being entirely hand-drawn animated, something like that)
2. Ghostwriter

Submit a stage from another upcoming PBS Kids show

Granted, I don't have much other ideas right now unless we get to the guest character territory, but I just think adding another stage from an upcoming PBS Kids show would be fun ^^
1. Carmen Sandiego
2. Letterman

Submit a stage from an unrepresented modern PBS Kids show

I dunno, I don't think there's a lot
1. Letterman
2. Mr. Conductor

Submit a stage from an old PBS Kids flash game!

Sure, we have some stages from characters who had games on the NES, Sega Genesis or Sony Playstation, but what about Flash games, they were extremely popular with kids who grew up with PBS Kids in the old days
Enough time has passed! It's time to reveal our 6th Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter!

Carmen Sandiego: 2
Letterman: 6
Mr. Conductor: 3
Ghostwriter: 1

It's a word, it's a plan, it's....Letterman as our 6th Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter so congrats to me! Now, vote for your top 2 stage prompts that you want to be included with our selection of stages that come with Letterman but only yours can come in second! We will do the top two stage prompts to do stages for Letterman.

Submit a stage based on a specific scene from an episode or special or location tied to an episode or special from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a stage from another upcoming PBS Kids show PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit a stage from an unrepresented modern PBS Kids show CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23
Submit a stage from an old PBS Kids flash game! IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Now, onto our next three jobs!

Job 329:

Submit a home stage for Letterman. Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 330:

Submit a job prompt for an assist to come with Letterman!

Job 331:

Submit a job prompt for an item to come with Letterman!

As usual, get submitting and use your imagination! Just so you all are aware, there will be an assist as well as an item based on a character or thing from a PBS Kids show that aired in the NET and/or PTV Park era so keep that in mind!

1. Stage based on upcoming PBS Kids show
2. Stage based on a specific scene or location tied to an episode or special.

Pop's prompt provides a nice juxtaposition for all the older content included with Letterman. Personal bias but I feel like we need more stages based on specific scenes or locations tied exclusively to a certain episode or special from a PBS Kids special. All the stage prompts were nice though. I'd love to double-dip on a Flash game-based stage soon though.

Electric Company Stage

The Electric Company Stage Set

ezgif-2-5039d8894d.jpg

Representing the more so older PBS Kids show, Letterman's stage is the stage set used for The Electric Company. Basically, it's a stage that has walkoffs but there are walls akin to the KOF Stadium stage in SSBU. The various characters from segments appear watching you fight alongside the logo of the show appearing in the background. A fun Easter egg in the background you will notice is that different segments from The Electric Company will be in the background. See if you notice it all!

But wait...

If you press X while choosing The Electric Company Stage Set stage....

MV5BZmRjOTllZTUtZTRmOC00MTI3LWJlMmUtNjZmNWMyNjdmODBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE4OTY3NTg@._V1_.jpg

You get The Electric Company Stage Set stage based on the 2009 Electric Company reboot! You will see The Electric Company and The Pranksters duke it out as well as various characters from the segments seen in the 2009 reboot do their segments in the background. You will see the logo of the 2009 reboot, the music will be more hip-hop-esque alongside the background being a more urban-esque setting. The same hazards and layout apply.

It's a simple stage but pays homage to the old era on PBS quite well.

Assist Prompt:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a PBS Kids show that got deconfirmed in the base game via a stage joining. The shows that are eligible for this job are Jay Jay the Jet Plane, Theodore Tugboat, ZOOM, The Puzzle Place, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Timothy Goes to School, and any PBS Kids ID/interstitial/block exclusive character.

Item Prompt:

Submit an item based on a character or thing seen exclusively in a PBS Kids website game.

For the assist job, I thought we would fill some holes in the series without assists. The series all listed got deconfirmed from having a fighter in the base game due to a stage joining. Why not make it up with an assist as a consolation prize for more crumbs of content? As for the item, why not more fun website-based content? We did a stage based on a PBS Kids website game, let's do an item now!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Stage based on a specific scene or location tied to an episode or special.
2. Submit a stage from an old PBS Kids flash game!

Letterman stage submission:

Letterland

Granted I have no other ideas for this, I mean, the Electric Company stage seems good enough, but the actual settings from LEtterman's segments can work too. I personally think they would actually complement his hand-drawn style.

Assist Prompt:

Submit an assist from an unrepresented modern PBS Kids show

I sadly don't have much more assist job prompt ideas until we get to guest star territory, but I think that would be a fun one regardless

Item Prompt:

Submit an item based on a math-learning tool

Ok, this one is just incredibly random, but I think it's still fun regardless, we could add a calculator or something

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Enough time has passed! It's time to reveal our 6th Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter!

Carmen Sandiego: 2
Letterman: 6
Mr. Conductor: 3
Ghostwriter: 1

It's a word, it's a plan, it's....Letterman as our 6th Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter so congrats to me! Now, vote for your top 2 stage prompts that you want to be included with our selection of stages that come with Letterman but only yours can come in second! We will do the top two stage prompts to do stages for Letterman.

Submit a stage based on a specific scene from an episode or special or location tied to an episode or special from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a stage from another upcoming PBS Kids show PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit a stage from an unrepresented modern PBS Kids show CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23
Submit a stage from an old PBS Kids flash game! IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Now, onto our next three jobs!

Job 329:

Submit a home stage for Letterman. Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 330:

Submit a job prompt for an assist to come with Letterman!

Job 331:

Submit a job prompt for an item to come with Letterman!

As usual, get submitting and use your imagination! Just so you all are aware, there will be an assist as well as an item based on a character or thing from a PBS Kids show that aired in the NET and/or PTV Park era so keep that in mind!

1. Stage based on upcoming PBS Kids show
2. Stage based on a specific scene or location tied to an episode or special.

Pop's prompt provides a nice juxtaposition for all the older content included with Letterman. Personal bias but I feel like we need more stages based on specific scenes or locations tied exclusively to a certain episode or special from a PBS Kids special. All the stage prompts were nice though. I'd love to double-dip on a Flash game-based stage soon though.

Electric Company Stage

The Electric Company Stage Set

View attachment 381947

Representing the more so older PBS Kids show, Letterman's stage is the stage set used for The Electric Company. Basically, it's a stage that has walkoffs but there are walls akin to the KOF Stadium stage in SSBU. The various characters from segments appear watching you fight alongside the logo of the show appearing in the background. A fun Easter egg in the background you will notice is that different segments from The Electric Company will be in the background. See if you notice it all!

But wait...

If you press X while choosing The Electric Company Stage Set stage....

View attachment 381948

You get The Electric Company Stage Set stage based on the 2009 Electric Company reboot! You will see The Electric Company and The Pranksters duke it out as well as various characters from the segments seen in the 2009 reboot do their segments in the background. You will see the logo of the 2009 reboot, the music will be more hip-hop-esque alongside the background being a more urban-esque setting. The same hazards and layout apply.

It's a simple stage but pays homage to the old era on PBS quite well.

Assist Prompt:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a PBS Kids show that got deconfirmed in the base game via a stage joining. The shows that are eligible for this job are Jay Jay the Jet Plane, Theodore Tugboat, ZOOM, The Puzzle Place, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Timothy Goes to School, and any PBS Kids ID/interstitial/block exclusive character.

Item Prompt:

Submit an item based on a character or thing seen exclusively in a PBS Kids website game.

For the assist job, I thought we would fill some holes in the series without assists. The series all listed got deconfirmed from having a fighter in the base game due to a stage joining. Why not make it up with an assist as a consolation prize for more crumbs of content? As for the item, why not more fun website-based content? We did a stage based on a PBS Kids website game, let's do an item now!
1. Stage based on a specific scene or location tied to an episode or special.
2. Submit a stage from an old PBS Kids flash game!

Letterman stage submission:

Letterland

Granted I have no other ideas for this, I mean, the Electric Company stage seems good enough, but the actual settings from LEtterman's segments can work too. I personally think they would actually complement his hand-drawn style.

Assist Prompt:

Submit an assist from an unrepresented modern PBS Kids show

I sadly don't have much more assist job prompt ideas until we get to guest star territory, but I think that would be a fun one regardless

Item Prompt:

Submit an item based on a math-learning tool

Ok, this one is just incredibly random, but I think it's still fun regardless, we could add a calculator or something
Alright, so enough time has passed and we will close the Letterman stage job. Apologies for the delay in new jobs, real-life stuff has caught up to me. Also, a quick status update about this thread. Pop will be on a mini vacation from December 24th to the 29th. The activity in this thread may be slow but I will be running it during the time he is away.

Vote for the stage you want to be Letterman's home stage.

Letterman Stage Poll
The Electric Company Stage Set AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Letterland PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Vote for the other assist and item job as well in the other polls below!

Assist Job Prompt Poll
An assist based on a PBS Kids show deconfirmed in base game AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
An assist from an unrepresented modern PBS Kids show PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Item Job Prompt Poll
An item based on a character/thing from a PBS Kids website game AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
An item based on a math-learning tool PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now...for our other stage jobs, it seems me and Pop's prompts had the highest scores from voting with mine having 3 and his having 2 so congrats to the both of us. However, I thank everyone who submitted job prompts! Let's do the rest of the stages for Letterman now!

Job 332:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids show from the NET/PTV Park era.

Job 333:

Submit a stage based on a specific scene from an episode or special or location tied to an episode or special from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! The stage can NOT be based on anything from Jay Jay the Jet Plane or Barney and Friends.

Job 334:

Submit a stage based on an upcoming PBS Kids show!

As for all stages, describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks if any! Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

NET/PTV Park Era Stage

Mathman (Square One Television)

hqdefault.jpg

The parody of Pac-Man is straight from this obscure PBS Kids show! The layout is way different from Pac-Maze from Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS as here...you fight around the whole maze with a bunch of walls! The walls are breakable similar to the KOF Stadium stage in SSBU. There will be problems seen in a square for you to solve problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc. You will also get problems related to fractions, shapes, etc. If you get the problem right, you get a stat buff! If you get the problem wrong, however, Mr. Glitch will eat you up and instantly KO you! Occasionally, Mathman himself goes around chomping you on accident so watch out for him too!

Stage based on a specific scene/location tied to a PBS Kids Show Episode or Special

The Windstorm in Bubbleland (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood)

image.jpg

Based specifically on the scene seen in the Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episode 1475 (Mister Rogers Makes an Opera), we go to Bubbleland where you are in the middle of the windstorm that happened! The fighters can fight on the dock and the ship as well as big bubbles that float by. However, The Wind will appear and blow you away! Fortunately, the good folks of Bubbleland alongside Hildegarde Hummingbird will be there to aid you by building a wall that provides temporary protection against The Wind! The stage is quite small and weird layout-wise so stay on your toes!

Stage Based on Upcoming PBS Kids Show

Carl's Backyard/Fuzzytown Backyard (Carl the Collector)

carl-the-collector.jpg

When I first heard about this show, I was SUPER stoked to hear we would be getting a PBS Kids show with a main character that had autism! I was diagnosed on the spectrum as a kid so this show makes me happy and the aesthetics look super cute! The layout has walk-off blast zones and platforms and a bridge. You can interact with the ladder as well by climbing it. You cannot break anything at this stage as it is meant for beginners of the game. There are not many hazards as this is the simplest of the four stages. Carl and his friends will be in the background cheering you on! This show is premiering next year in the fall so be on the lookout! This would be a great way to get the word out there about this show!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, believe it or not, to me, almost all of AlteredBeast's submissions are completely satisfactory for me, but I may have one submission.....

Lyla's Kitchen (Lyla in the Loop)

I mean, it just looks like a cute idea for a stage.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Carl's Backyard/Fuzzytown Backyard (Carl the Collector)

View attachment 382050

When I first heard about this show, I was SUPER stoked to hear we would be getting a PBS Kids show with a main character that had autism! I was diagnosed on the spectrum as a kid so this show makes me happy and the aesthetics look super cute! The layout has walk-off blast zones and platforms and a bridge. You can interact with the ladder as well by climbing it. You cannot break anything at this stage as it is meant for beginners of the game. There are not many hazards as this is the simplest of the four stages. Carl and his friends will be in the background cheering you on! This show is premiering next year in the fall so be on the lookout! This would be a great way to get the word out there about this show!
Well, believe it or not, to me, almost all of AlteredBeast's submissions are completely satisfactory for me, but I may have one submission.....

Lyla's Kitchen (Lyla in the Loop)

I mean, it just looks like a cute idea for a stage.
Alright, enough time has passed for the stage job! Sorry for the slow updates, real life stuff has been getting in the way of me updating the thread. But, alas, here we are! Pop's stage for Letterman will get in as well as my Mathman and Bubble Land stages. Now, we need to vote on a stage from an upcoming PBS Kids show to join the Letterman update. Vote in the Strawpoll below!

Upcoming PBS Kids Show Stage Poll
Carl's Backyard/Fuzzytown Backyard (Carl the Collector) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Lyla's Kitchen (Lyla in the Loop) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, it's time for our assists to come forth!

Job 335:

Submit an assist based on an Electric Company character or thing.

Job 336:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a show that debuted in the NET/PTV Park era.

Job 337:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a PBS Kids show that got deconfirmed in the base game via a stage joining. The shows that are eligible for this job are

• Jay Jay the Jet Plane
  • Theodore Tugboat
  • ZOOM
  • The Puzzle Place
  • Bill Nye the Science Guy
  • Timothy Goes to School
  • PBS Kids ID/interstitial/block exclusive character.

Describe what each assist does and its function. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Electric Company Assist

Paul the Gorilla and Jennifer of the Jungle

9d1dae2d08bcba08a5423248f9ee0eed.jpg

You gotta love these two! Paul the Gorilla is one of my favorite Electric Company characters and he even makes an appearance in the Electric Company reboot! Simply put, these two will come in swinging on a vine attacking opponents with some damage and sometimes throw you some fruits from the jungle! However, they will need to do a reading lesson to teach the fighters some reading skills! When the reading lesson starts, the fighters around it will get damaged as Jennifer and Paul will make words or show off signs of sentences or a poster of words. When the assist meter is full, Paul will throw you his banana and grant you super health! Sometimes, the banana will be an offensive item as it can cause some damage as it is beastly causing fighters to be knocked off the stage! These two make a fun assist!

NET/PTV Park Show Assist

ClO7UEMWEAAX8zP.jpg

I just had to include some form of Shining Time Station representation here! Mr. Conductor himself will assist the fighter by simply granting them gold dust as a form of transport to be teleported away from attacks to dodge it or as a shield of protection! Occasionally, the gold dust he will whistle out will help out with a super recovery if you are offstage! However, watch out, if you get attacked, you will have less gold dust for Mr. Conductor to give you to use to your aid! When your assist meter is full, he will grant you the ultimate protection and even transport the other fighters with gold dust closer to you and grant you super magical stat buffs thanks to some super special gold dust!

Mr. Conductor will be based on the Ringo Starr Mr. Conductor for PBS Kids: Brawltime! as George Carlin is sadly deceased and Alec Baldwin is a bit...controversial these days. Plus, Ringo Starr was the original Mr. Conductor after all.

Deconfirmed Series in Base Game Assist

Revvin’ Evan (Jay Jay the Jet Plane)

bu0uf8h1jqh31.jpg

Ok...I was kind of debating on who to do for this job so I wanted to go with an assist idea I had for Jay Jay the Jet Plane for a while being Revvin' Evan himself. I did not think Jay Jay the Jet Plane would receive much content for this game aside from the stage the show has and PBS Kids Archives stuff. One of the aircraft would not work too well as an assist I feel so Revvin' Evan will do. We need more assists based on vehicles honestly.

For Tarrytown's residential fire truck, he is raring to go and ready to aid the fighter he needs! When things are getting hot, Revvin' Evan will follow the fighter and blast water from his water hose. With the water hose, he simply shoots water at fighters who are offstage or uses it to push fighters off the stage similar to a more powerful version of Mario's F.L.U.D.D. in the later Smash installments. Also, if you are having trouble recovering, he will lend you his ladder to climb up to safety. When the assist meter is full, his siren will go off and he will speed around the stage like he is flying and ram into other fighters causing him to knock them off the stage and cause some pretty bad damage! He will squirt more water and give you a longer ladder to recover if needed.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, I should have contributed something yesterday, BUT, all of AlteredBeast's submissions are completely satisfactory to me, but I may have one submission...

NET/PTV Park Show Assist

Ghostwriter
1703909489900.png

Due to it only being a completely invisible spirit who only communicates through writing and displaying words on screen, maybe it can write words to help out the current fighter or hinder opponents! Like, it can write "Buff" to buff its fighter's stats, or "poison" to poison opponents!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
NET/PTV Park Show Assist

View attachment 382205

I just had to include some form of Shining Time Station representation here! Mr. Conductor himself will assist the fighter by simply granting them gold dust as a form of transport to be teleported away from attacks to dodge it or as a shield of protection! Occasionally, the gold dust he will whistle out will help out with a super recovery if you are offstage! However, watch out, if you get attacked, you will have less gold dust for Mr. Conductor to give you to use to your aid! When your assist meter is full, he will grant you the ultimate protection and even transport the other fighters with gold dust closer to you and grant you super magical stat buffs thanks to some super special gold dust!

Mr. Conductor will be based on the Ringo Starr Mr. Conductor for PBS Kids: Brawltime! as George Carlin is sadly deceased and Alec Baldwin is a bit...controversial these days. Plus, Ringo Starr was the original Mr. Conductor after all.
Well, I should have contributed something yesterday, BUT, all of AlteredBeast's submissions are completely satisfactory to me, but I may have one submission...

NET/PTV Park Show Assist

Ghostwriter
View attachment 382277

Due to it only being a completely invisible spirit who only communicates through writing and displaying words on screen, maybe it can write words to help out the current fighter or hinder opponents! Like, it can write "Buff" to buff its fighter's stats, or "poison" to poison opponents!
Alright, I will close the assists job for now. As for the last stage that will come with Letterman, the Carl the Collector stage will be joining so yay for me! Also, my assists Paul the Gorilla and Jennifer of the Jungle and Revvin' Evan will be joining Brawltime! as well. Now, we need to vote on the NRT/PTV Park-era assist! Vote in the Strawpoll below!

NET/PTV Park-era Assist Poll
Mr. Conductor (Shining Time Station) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Ghostwriter PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, it's time for our job for items!

Job 338:

Submit an item based on something (character or thing) from The Electric Company!

Job 339:

Submit an item based on something (character or thing) from a PBS Kids show from the NET/PTV Park-era!

Job 340:

Submit an item based on a character or thing that's exclusive to a PBS Kids website game!

Describe what each item does as usual.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Electric Company Item

Wordball

301_Off-Target.jpg

It's time to squeeze in some content from the reboot in here! Here, we have the ball thrown by members of the Electric Company that can change letters, phrases, sentences and words. In PBS Kids: Brawltime!, the Wordball can be used as a super versatile item. When it appears, you can throw it at an opponent. If an opponent gets hit by it, there will be a word that appears that will describe the status of the fighter. These can range from a fighter becoming tiny, becoming big, gaining a stat buff, gaining a stat effect, etc. However, the worst effect by the Wordball can be an automatic loss of a life (which is the rarest thing to happen). Beyond just throwing the Wordball, a fighter can hit or reflect the Wordball back to the person who threw it similar to what happens in the Electric Company reboot!

NET/PTV Park Era Item

Newton’s Apple

newtons-apple-logo-v2.png

Based on the literal fruit that helped Sir Isaac Newton discover gravity, it's the same apple seen in the opening of Newton's Apple! It will fall from the sky when entering the stage as an item. You can be hit by it giving you minor damage as apples falling from high heights can hurt your head! When it is on the ground, a fighter can consume and restore your health by a little. Alongside this, Newton's Apple will grant you a gravitational pull to the stage causing you to land on the stage more easily when knocked back to help with recoveries! A double-edgedsword when it comes to battling!

Item from PBS Kids Website Game

Oscar’s Bumper Car (Sesame Street)

maxresdefault.jpg

Ok...I was gonna submit an item based on an Arthur webpage game. But, I do feel the Sesame Street webpage games deserve more content despite me preferring the Sesame Street video games. Also, strangely, Oscar himself is not an assist yet. Thus, this kind of doubles as a character and a thing as an item.

Straight from the Sesame Street website game Oscar's Bumper Cars, Oscar comes in as grouchier as ever and is ready to cause misery! The item simply functions similar to the Bumper item in the Smash Bros games. You have to hit the item to make it go to different players. If it hits an opponent, it will cause that opponent to get damage and knockback! It will stay out for about 30 seconds (similar to the time you get to play with the bumper cars in the Oscar's Bumper Cars game). If it remains stationary, it will act as a bumper as it is a bumper car. Finally, it is important to note that if the bumper car goes off-stage, it will respawn but the clock for the item's function duration will keep on going! Be careful when using the bumper car as you are admitted to use it!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
yawns......

All those submissions by AlteredBeast are satisfactory for me already, so whenever we're ready, we can go on, and hopefully we can wrap this whole thread up soon enough in the year.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Based on the assist poll, the last assist joining Letterman's update is Mr. Conductor, so yay for me! Also, my three items will be joining the Letterman update!

Now, time for the moveset for Letterman himself!

Job 341:

Create/design a moveset for Letterman. Keep in mind that his gimmick/quirk/hook/whatever you want to call it focuses on the hand-drawn/cel animations from Letterman's segment. He will probably be not gimmicky in terms of his moveset. Get writing and submitting and remember to use your imagination!

I was going to post this job yesterday but real-life matters got in the way. I have been working on a moveset for him and will probably post it tomorrow or Wednesday. Also, happy New Year, and here's to more brawling in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, as promised, here is my Letterman moveset. This one was once again a little tricky to muse up as I am more familiar with the reboot for The Electric Company compared to the original. However, after some research, I created a fun moveset that's hopefully not too overly-gimmicky but still eye-catching fun! Enjoy!

Also, the truth is, I do not even know when Letterman EXACTLY debuted other than his segments first airing in 1972.

Letterman
Series: The Electric Company
Debut: 1972

Narrator of “The Adventures of Letterman” segments: Faster than a rolling "O"! Stronger than silent "E"! Able to leap capital "T" in a single bound! It's a word, it's a plan, it's Letterman!

Letterman is a middleweight around the heavier side who focuses on brute attacks and close combat. His attacks hit like a truck, causing some massive damage and knockback. Alongside this, he has decent speed as well. He is basically a fighter who heavily emphasizes the risk/reward factor of platform fighters. There are moves with certain risks and those risks sometimes come with rewards of accumulating certain damage on your opponents. However, if you do not utilize Letterman’s ways of working with letters well, you can put him in a severe disadvantage due to him being a bit heavier than your average middleweight!

Gimmick:

Hand-Drawn Fighter

Letterman has no gameplay gimmick despite being a Learner’s Pass fighter. Instead, his gimmick is mostly focused on the visuals! In PBS Kids: Brawltime, Letterman is the only fighter to be based around cel animation and be animated this way. His attacks reference various episodes of The Adventures of Letterman segment. Basically, this is a whole new adventure for the hero, himself!

Light Neutral: Night to Light

In this move, Letterman simply changes the “n” in night to the “l” to make the word light where a light will shine causing damage to any fighters around it. The stronger variant causes the light to cover more area and be stronger. The light variant is excellent to start combos with.

Light Up: Wall to Ball

In this move, Letterman changes the “w” in wall to make the word ball where a basketball will come and bounce on opponents causing them to gain damage. The stronger variant will cause the ball to bounce more vigorously and cause more damage. In addition, the ball can be hit by opponents or reflected. It’s similar to R.O.B.’s Gyro in the Smash games so be careful with how you use this move!

Light Down: Rain to Train

In this move, Letterman adds the letter “t” to the word rain to make it train to make a train car appear which causes any opponent around it to get temporarily stunned or run over by a train that’s coming. The stronger variant will cause the train car to shove in any nearby fighters harder causing them to be stunned for a little bit longer and keep them in place. Alongside this, the train will move a little faster and charge harder. This move is great as sort of a de facto grab move to start combos or to simply keep your opponents on your toes!

Neutral Special: Stronger Than Silent E

In this move, Letterman flies for a little and lifts the silent “e” from the word tube like in the openings to his segment! Any fighter in the way will be lifted upward and gain some damage. It’s a good move for sending your opponents upward.

Up Special: Leaping Over Capital T

When recovering, Letterman will jump in a parabola-esque shape over a capital T seen in the opening of his segments. He won’t give any fighters damage and there’s a lot of endlag with this move! Alongside this, you cannot adjust the launch trajectory of this move as it only goes in one direction. However, it has incredible height so it’s a risk and reward move!

Down Special: Faster Than a Rolling O

As a reference to the opening of the segments, Letterman will simply run across the stage with the letter O bouncing behind him. Any other fighter who sees the letter O will be attacked by it and get damaged. The big catch with this move is that Letterman will be in a continuous run motion for a few seconds and is suspect to freefall if you use this move off stage. It’s great for stage control but be careful with how you use it!

Entrance:

Letterman flies onto the stage and appears with the colored stars seen in the opening of The Adventures of Letterman segments with The Adventures of Letterman logo appearing behind him for a visual effect! Also, the opening will be said by the narrator pulled right from the segments itself as a clean audio rip and a fun Easter Egg!

Taunt:

Letterman is seen flexing his muscles and smiling at the camera.

Victory Animation:

Letterman is seen flying around as he does in some segments where the narrator introduces him alongside changing the word “z” in zero to the “h” in hero proving that he won the match with letter power!

Losing Animation:

We see Letterman change the “h” in hero to the “z” in zero with him turning into the elderly version of Letterman seen in one of The Adventures of Letterman segments.​

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, I think AlteredBeast's Letterman moveset is good for me, I'll wait till the guest star territory in the meantime........

I actually DID have a few ideas for Letterman's moveset if I made one, that being.....well......just all of his attacks looking so "old-timey hand-drawn"! His attacks would be dazzling to look at, but sadly, I didn't come up with that many letter attacks for Letterman myself, so it's best we just go with AlteredBeast's

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my Letterman moveset will get in by default. Now, it's time for the Learning Book set and DLC story mode chapter idea time!

Job 342:

Write a Learning Book set for Letterman.

Job 343:

Submit a DLC story mode chapter focused on Letterman. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination and get submitting!

Learning Book Set for Letterman:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • More Light Please! (Letterman's Light Neutral will come out faster!)
    • O, Faster! (For his Down Special, Letterman can run faster and the O deals a bit more damage!)
    • Making It Capital (For his Up Special, Letterman can jump higher and have less endlag after the move.)
    • The Harder It Falls (The ball in Letterman's Light Up will come out faster and deal a bit more damage as the ball will bounce harder!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • More Power Against Silent E! (Now, Letterman's Neutral Special will deal more damage!)
    • Bluff to Buff! (Now, Letterman gains a stat buff to assist him!)
    • All Aboard! (For his Down Special, Letterman can stun his foes longer in the train!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Bright Lights (Letterman's Light Neutral will cause more damage as well as is more spammable with the stronger variant having the ability to be spammed more often!)
    • Capital to Lowercase Jumping! (For his Up Special, Letterman can jump twice in midair and have even less endlag when landing!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Letter Champion! (Now, all of his moves gain extreme buffs and have little endlag in them causing Letterman to become more super!)

DLC Story Mode Chapter for Letterman

A Word, A Plan, and A Brawl

This chapter takes place as a prequel to the Story Mode. Basically...it is a bit of an origin of the Anomaly and how it first appeared in the PBS Kids multiverse as it was....a curse from Spellbinder accidentally when he made a monster in jail. Then, it would continue into some point around the seventh chapter where Letterman meets up with Big Bird, Elmo, and Ord.

We start the Story Mode with the reintroduction of the Story Mode and what happened exactly with the Anomaly. We see footage of all the events of the Story Mode as well as events from the DLC chapters.

Narrator (Not the Announcer Bunny): "Once upon a time, there were a bunch of fun-loving young folks who loved to educate children worldwide with their learning skills. For many years, they taught children how to compute, spell, and how to apply life lessons to their everyday lives. That, however, would all change when an unexplainable monster blob of purple energy, which most call "The Anomaly", appeared in those characters' world out of nowhere and made all those who fell to it bow before it and serve it for all eternity. Our heroic folks, however, managed to escape the Anomaly as well as defeat it for good. Now, they all live in a new city living new lives to educate future generations of children. But....where did this Anomaly case all begin? Well...we take you back to when our heroes were starting to educate children with learning skills. One such brave company of folks was called the Electric Company."

We then cut to footage of an old TV with the year 1971 appearing on the TV in big gray numbering. The TV screen shows static and then we cut to footage of The Electric Company and the segments on the show.

Narrator (Not the Announcer Bunny): Ah yes, The Electric Company. These were folks who taught children how to read and write.

We even see footage of the various Sesame Street characters that appeared on the show.

Narrator (Not the Announcer Bunny): Even one of the folks you met before met the Electric Company Big Bird himself as well as his friends from Sesame Street.

We then zoom out of the old TV with the year 1972 appearing on the TV in big gray numbering while the TV screen shows static yet again. The TV screen shows static and then we cut to footage of The Adventures of Letterman on the TV screen with just footage of Letterman himself.

Narrator (Not the Announcer Bunny): One of the many characters you could see on the show was Letterman. He was a superhero who changed scenarios from bad to good. This is how the Anomaly came to be as it all started with a man saving the day....

We then cut to the camera zooming into the TV screen as we enter a cel-animated world with Letterman in it after The Adventures of Letterman logo pops up.

Narrator of The Adventures of Letterman: Letter Land seems to be strangely super peaceful today....

It then cuts to footage of Letterman flying in with footage of Letterman's introduction replaying.

After the narrator says the Letterman intro.

Narrator of The Adventures of Letterman: It seems Letterman is going to see what he thinks is causing all this peace. He'll fly around the city and see what is happening!

Letterman: I just hope this is not some setup after all!

After the cutscene, you play as Letterman exploring Letter Land in a platforming section. The whole platforming section is cel-animated and hand drawn. You will get attacked by street thugs, however, and watch out for debris from previous attacks from Spellbinder! You can also find healing items around the area.

After the platforming section

We see Letterman approaching some sort of strange area of Letterland after investigating.

Letterman: Hmm....I have never been to these parts of Letter Land before....

Narrator of The Adventures of Letterman: All seems to be well in Letter Land....until.

We see a newly redesigned Spellbinder appear from there magically.

Spellbinder evilly laughs.

Spellbinder: Well, if it isn't Letterman...you have been spoiling my plans for so long. I thought I would trick you by not causing any evil today. Now, Letter Land will be doomed forever!

Letterman just flexes and poses.

Letterman: Well, we'll just see about that! I'm too bold for your tricks!

Narrator of The Adventures of Letterman: It seems Spellbinder will cause Letter Land to doom and misery forever! It's up to Letterman to stop him!

After the cutscene, you fight against Spellbinder in a boss fight as Letterman. Spellbinder attacks by changing words and making the situation of the fight in his favor, such as making the stage pitch black, causing Letterman to go slow, making it rain so Letterman can slip easily on the ground, etc. You simply have to attack his head to cause damage.

After the boss fight, we hear The Adventures of Letterman intro cue appear as Letterman defeats Spellbinder.

Spellbinder: Gahhhhh! You may have won this time Letterman...but...

Letterman: Too late, you are going to jail once more for your wrongdoings!

We see the cops arrest Spellbinder and throw him in jail. During his time in jail, we see the narrator say...

Narrator of The Adventures of Letterman: This looks like the end of a fiend.

Spellbinder looks at the print on screen.

Spellbinder: Maybe...I just need to add "r" in between f and i to make it....friend....

He then evilly laughs and then a monster appears which causes Spellbinder to escape jail. We then see Spellbinder retreating far away from Letter Land to hatch his new plan.

Spellbinder: Well, if I could just make him....

Spellbinder writes the word "evil".

We then see a montage of Spellbinder writing down adjectives to make the monster more and more evil until....it turned into the purple gooey monster we know as the precursor to the Anomaly.

Spellbinder looks in shock.

Spellbinder: Ok...maybe this was too evil.

We see the gooey monster take over Spellbinder and Letter Land.

Narrator of The Adventures of Letterman: Oh no! It seems Letter Land is doomed thanks to Spellbinder's uncontrollable madness! What will we do?

Letterman looks back and sighs.

Letterman: I guess I will have no choice but to fly away.

After the cutscene, you play as Letterman to fly away from the goo in a speed-based platforming section. If you get touched by the Goo, you get automatically KOd.

We see the rest of the Electric Company segments and set get destroyed by the monster. We zoom out from the TV and view the archives section of the PBS Kids shows featuring animation cels, drawing boards, props, etc as we see the animation cel of The Adventures of Letterman with the goo interrupting the world of Letter Land.

Narrator (Not The Announcer Bunny): With that, the world of The Electric Company was gone for a while. However, that little cel of animation was thrown away. Therefore, the memories of their world stayed. Little did they know, Spellbinder's creation would yet be restored as...these animation cels can truly "never go away".

Many years later

We see Letterman sitting in the Land of No Learning where he is standing in a dark forest.

Letterman: It seems pretty dark here. Guess there's no Spellbinder around. Maybe he was the one who put me in this mess.

We see Letterman notice some Anomaly minions approaching him.

Letterman: Well...no matter what happens, the evil will not stand a chance against me!

After the cutscene, you must face off in a multi Anomaly mayhem battle as Letterman where you must KO 100 Anomaly minions. They simply will come at you.

After the battle.

We see Letterman exploring the forest a little more after the last of the Anomaly minions dissapear. He notices that there in the sky, there is some great purple monster and a collection of every PBS World out there. He also notices a big yellow bird, a red monster, and a blue dragon appear.

Big Bird: Maybe that's a clue.

Ord: In any case, we should keep on looking...except I'm a little...scared.

Letterman looks behind him.

Letterman: Hey...were you guys also captured by that purple gooey monster?

All three of them nod.

Elmo: All of Elmo's friends are gone!

Ord: My friends as well...and Dragon Land!

Big Bird: Same with us, but we just have to keep exploring!

Letterman: Well, in that case, care if I join you all? I'm Letterman! Faster than a rolling O, stronger than silent E, can leap over a capital T and can save the day as they say!

Big Bird: Say...I may have seen you before as those folks in that Electric Company hail you as a hero. My friends call me Big Bird by the way!

Elmo: Nice to meet you, Mr. Letterman! Elmo wants to be your friend! Elmo loves letters!

Ord: I'm Ord! I've never met a superhero before like you! You can fly too, it seems!

Letterman: Pleasure to meet you all! Say, we should get exploring now! What do you all say?

The three characters nod.

Elmo: Don't be, Mr. Ord! Elmo will come with you!

Ord: Alright, well hop on my back Elmo and we will fly towards that purple creature!

Letterman prepares to fly.

Ord, Elmo, Big Bird, and Letterman fly towards the sky.

You can choose between Big Bird, Elmo, Ord or Letterman to traverse a purple sky platforming section while fighting the Anomaly's minions.

Big Bird: We're getting there, it seems.

Elmo: Well, Elmo knows we can do it!

The four friends share a quick hug and keep investigating.

Letterman: Well, it seems there's a fork here! I will take one way while you all go the other way! Best of luck!

Big Bird, Elmo and Ord wave goodbye to their new friend. With that, Letterman continues...until he sees more anomaly goo.

Letterman: I must make a run for it.

Letterman tries to run until the goo captures him. Afterwards, we find him stuck in the Anomaly Monster with the rest of the PBS Kids characters. He then see all his friends from the Electric Company.

The Electric Company characters: Letterman!!!

Letterman looks up.

Letterman: It's been forever since I saw you all!

Spellbinder looks down.

Spellbinder: Even YOU got captured Letterman? I'm surprised to see you!

Letterman: I'm surprised to see YOU here as well!

Spellbinder: In this case, I guess I might come clean on one thing...that one final battle we had, after I got in jail, I made a monster and it turned into this purple menace.

Letterman looks down and sighs.

Letterman: Well, you did cause a LOT of trouble but...now we're close to finishing your evil deeds. Just don't ever make anything THAT out of control.

We then see similar to what happens in Chapter 16. We see WordGirl and Xavier enter the Anomaly.

Similar to what happened in Chapter 16...

Xavier: Well, here we are.....this must be the inside of this monster. Wow, it sure is dark and creepy in here! But I must do what I'm told if we're going to end all this! I guess this will be the last of us......

WordGirl: This will not be the end of us, Xavier! Even if we have to be gone in the process, just know we'll always stick together, no matter what. Maybe we should explore the inside first...

Inside the Anomaly was a large dark purple cave where they can see the various PBS Kids characters the Anomaly has captured, all stick together by mysterious purple goo and stuff that resembles vassals in the human body. Xavier Riddle then looks far and points to some characters he recognizes.

Letterman even watches the two go on.

Letterman: Oh boy...we got company everyone! We'll all be out of here soon!

We watch WordGirl and Xavier Riddle take down the Anomaly and then rewatch the sacrifice the two make. Meanwhile...all the other PBS Kids characters are freed! Letterman himself was freed as well.

Letterman: Quick everyone! Let's make a run for it!

After the cutscene, you must help free everyone as Letterman and then get out of the Anomaly via a platforming section. In the stage, there will be debris falling to impede their progress and which they must avoid. You have a limited time to make it out of the Anomaly like in the epilogue.

After the platforming section:

We see what happens in the epilogue with all the PBS Kids characters freed. Letterman and all the characters from The Electric Company are all standing outside.

Everyone cheers.

Paul the gorilla pounds his chest like a gorilla.

Jennifer of the Jungle feeds him a banana.

Jennifer of the Jungle: What ever happened to our jungle?

Spellbinder and Letterman: And Letter Land?

All the Electric Company question about their world as well until...

We then see the characters look at Ord notice the big city in the distance.

Letterman: Ah yes, a bigger and brighter future!

Spellbinder: Guess I'm back to my tric-

Letterman: Not so fast anyway...you may need to do community service while your at it!

Letterman and the various Electric Company characters head off into the city.

Six Months Later...

We see an updated version of The Adventures of Letterman opening and segment play out but with old-school anime-esque footage. We see Letterman defeating Spellbinder once more.

Narrator of The Adventures of Letterman: With that, he's faster than a rolling "O"! Stronger than silent "E"! Able to leap capital "T" in a single bound! It's a word, it's a plan, it's Letterman!

We see that The Adventures of Letterman has become a manga-esque series sold in the new Busterfield library in the city ran by the Lion family. We even see that Lionel and his family enjoy it.

Lionel: Say Mom, Dad, that Letterman guy is pretty cool like Cliff Hanger?

Cleo: Well son, he is awesome, always the same ending but yet, he solves all the problems!

Theo: He's quite good with letters too!

Leona: Ahhhh...at least he's not boring like Cliff Hanger is.

Lionel just shrugs.

Lionel: Whatever you say, Leona.

We then see a whole bunch of library patrons including various characters seen in PBS Kids: Brawltime! come in to check out books, most for The Adventures of Letterman book series. We even see Big Bird, Elmo and Ord in the library checking out those books and laughing and reading them together.

Narrator (Not The Announcer Bunny): And so...that is how it happened. Everything is good now, even Spellbinder did some community service but Letterman offered him a chance to be the villain in the new Letterman comic books. Evil stays evil and good stays good. But, we all love our heroes...like Letterman.

The story chapter ends with Letterman flying towards the camera from his book and winking.

The End

Notes:

• Spellbinder will be radically redesigned from his original appearance. Also, the idea of him going to jail and creating a monster came from The Adventures of Letterman 2-parter, Small Talk.
  • The idea for him to appear in Chapter 7 came from the idea to put all the CTW/Sesame Workshop characters who are fighters together. Plus, Big Bird did appear in the original Electric Company.
  • I also suppose The Adventures of Letterman would work as a manga series. Also, The Adventures of Letterman did inspire one Between the Lions segment being The Un-People.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Honestly, the fact that AlteredBeast's story mode chapter being a prequel story is honestly.....well.....I just really like it! We can go on when we're ready

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
My Learning Book set and story mode chapter for Letterman will be added. Now, it's time for Event Matches!

Job 344:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Letterman. Similar to the past two bonus fighters and the five Learner's Pass DLC fighters in a way, I feel the events should be focused on the content that comes with them. So, any event can involve Letterman himself, the assists that come with him, stages, items, etc. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

My DLC Event Matches for Letterman:

Event #Extra01: The Showdown for Letter Land
Event Description:
It seems Spellbinder is up to no good once more and wants Letter Land in shambles! But...look who's coming to stop him! It's a word, it's a plan, it's....Letterman! Also, he got some new help as well! Can you help him defeat Spellbinder and restore peace for Letter Land?
Player: Letterman
Assist: Paul the Gorilla and Jennifer of the Jungle
Stage: Spellbinder's boss fight stage
Opponent(s): Spellbinder boss
Event objective: You simply are playing the Spellbinder boss fight from Letterman's Story Mode chapter. However, you will only give him damage with your neutral attacks as if this were an episode of The Adventures of Letterman. Later on in the fight, you can also give damage to Spellbinder with the Paul the Gorilla and Jennifer of the Jungle assist.
References: Generic reference to The Adventures of Letterman segment on the original Electric Company. Also, Paul the Gorilla and Jennifer of the Jungle are a part of the original series as well. Spellbinder only takes damage via Letterman's neutral moves here represents how Letterman solves problems in his segments by changing words by adding or deleting a letter.

Event #Extra02: The Wordball Games
Event Description:
The Wordball Games have officially come to the Brawltime Party! Based on the legend of the Wordballs, it is said one can contain the power to create words. But....which team will emerge victorious and win the Wordball Trophy?
Player: Choice
Allies: Super Why, Lionel, Wordgirl
Stage: Bronx Rooftops
Opponent(s): Arthur, Buster, Digit, Ruff Ruffman
Event objective: In this event match, you have to KO the other team (the 4 other opponents that are not your allies) with the Wordball item. If you KO an opponent without a Wordball item, the opponent will respawn. If you get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match.
References: The 2009 Electric Company episode Wordball Games. Bronx Rooftops being the stage resembles the urban setting of the 2009 Electric Company. Your allies all come from PBS Kids shows that deal with reading/vocabulary. Your opponents all come from shows that were on the PBS Kids GO! block like the 2009 Electric Company was on.

Event #Extra03: No Pity for a Birthday Party
Event Description:
Mr. Conductor is planning a birthday party for a person named Harry. He is hesitant to meet him as he may not be liked by Harry but...with your help, he can collect all the things he needs for a birthday party. Can you help him be really useful as his friends on the Island of Sodor can help him throw the best birthday party back at Shining Time Station?
Assist: Mr. Conductor
Stage: The Island of Sodor
Opponent(s): 3 random opponents (5 on harder difficulties)
Event objective: You must defeat the hordes of opponents on the various engines on the Island of Sodor. Then, after defeating an opponent, you must collect the item that appears whether it's balloons, a gift, a cake, etc. You will need to collect 7 items (11 on harder difficulties) to complete the event. If you miss an item in the time it appears, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match.
References: The Shining Time Station episode Two Old Hands. Also, Mr. Conductor being on the Island of Sodor stage is a slight reference to Thomas and the Magic Railroad.

Event #Extra04: Windstorm With a Chance of Anomaly Minions in Bubbleland
Event description:
Oh no! It seems the folks at Bubbleland got a very bad windstorm! To make matters worse, it seems the Anomaly got involved. However, do not fear as Mr. Rogers has heard the problem and is willing to spread kindness to the good folks of Bubbleland to make the situation better!
Player: Mr. Rogers
Stage: The Windstorm in Bubbleland
Opponent(s): Anomaly Minions x25 (35 on harder difficulties)
Event objective: In this event, you need to defeat the Anomaly minions in a Multi-nomaly Mayhem-esque fight. It's simply a no-frills battle. If you get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match.
Reference: The Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episode 1475 (Mister Rogers Makes an Opera) but with an Anomaly invasion in the scene where the Windstorm hits Bubbleland.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I got two

Event #Extra01: Lads to Lend a Hand in Letter Land
Event Description:
The Spellbinder's causing trouble again in the peaceful Letter Land, but who are you gonna call? It's a word, it's a plan, it's....Letterman! Guest starring with him are some helpful lads willing to assist him in his fight for justice and freedom for Letter Land!, but O\Uh-Oh!, It looks like the Spellbinder started mixing up some letters to make the Lads a Lot Less Friendly! Help Letterman get the right letters to free his Lads on time!
Player: Letterman
Assist: Paul the Gorilla and Jennifer of the Jungle
Allies: Random 3
Stage: Spellbinder's boss fight stage
Opponent(s): Spellbinder boss
Event objective: In this event, your allies at first are your enemies controlled by the Spellbinder! Luckily, on stage, there are some words on stage with some words of bad qualities, such as "BAD", and some loose letters to fix the words to free your allies!, to which you have to attack the "B" in "BAD" and then attack the "L" to the unfinished word to spell out "LAD", freeing your allies, for one example. Try to free all your allies in time before the Spellbinder arrives to make the fight easier, since he is kinda tougher here, though you can still win the event even without freeing some or all of your allies, for an extra challenge.
References: Usual reference to The Adventures of Letterman segment on the original Electric Company.

Event #Extra02: Math & Pal
Event Description:
INSERT COIN........Gather all the math signs and solve 10 perplexing math problems to proceed!
Stage: MathMan
Opponents: Elmo, Digit, Ord, Arthur
Event objective: It's a classic game of PAC-MAN style! Simply collect all the math signs in the stage as well as solve 10 math problems to clear the event. The opponents will try to impede your progress, and you fittingly have 3 lives.
References: Just a simple nod to PAC-MAN, the ever-iconic arcade game that MathMan is a parody of. The title in itself is a reference to Pac & Pal, and the opponents faced all reference the colors of Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I'll close up event match submissions. I'll add the two Pop submitted since those event matches were better than my first two as well as my third and fourth event matches being added as well. I was trying to refrain from doing a MathMan event match because of the one event match that came with the Zula Patrol that was on the Countdown stage as I felt both would be TOO similar. But, Pop proved me wrong. So, yay to both of us! Now, onto the PBS Kids Archives!

Job 344:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Letterman update. We'll need one episode from The Electric Company (original series) as well as episodes from The Electric Company (2009 series), Square One Television, Newton’s Apple, and Shining Time Stationas they also got content in this update. We will have to come up with something for Carl the Collector given that the show got content this update but alas, the show will not be arriving to PBS Kids until the fall of this year. Feel free to submit episodes from shows already represented in this game who got content in this update alongside adding one bonus episode as well that has nothing to do with the content.

Job 345:

Submit 4 PBS Kids Website games and 2 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 4 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 2 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

The Electric Company (original series)

Show 261

The Electric Company (2009 series)

Wordball Games

Square One Television

Episode 101

Shining Time Station

Two Old Hands

Newton’s Apple

Video Games; Holograms; Funny Bone Chat; Onions & Tears Chat

Carl the Collector

Hypothetical clip/special preview of an episode from the show

Jay Jay the Jet Plane

The Mystery of Flight (and Tracy's Sonic Boom paired with it (The original, secular airing seen on PBS Kids)

Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood

Episode 1475 (Mister Rogers Makes An Opera)

Dragon Tales

To Fly With Dragons/A Forest of Darkness

The episode from the original Electric Company, this episode has The Adventures of Letterman episode that involves his origin story. I wanted to do one of the Electric Company episodes where one of the Sesame Street characters appeared, none of them had the Letterman segment. The 2009 Electric Company has an episode that deals with the Wordball item.

Any episode for Square One Television and Newton's Apple works since the Square One Television episode has a MathMan segment as well as Newton's Apple at the opening of every episode. Sadly, I could not find a link for the episode as the show is quite obscure but you can find clips of Newton's Apple to get a general gist of how the show goes.

The Shining Time Station episode chosen is the focus of the event match with Mr. Conductor and has the Thomas and Friends episodes, Percy Runs Away and Thomas Comes to Breakfast (one of my personal favorite classic Thomas episodes). The Jay Jay the Jet Plane episode has Revvin' Evan starring in it. Plus, I felt we needed a Jay Jay's Mysteries episode as it's the last of the Jay Jay stuff we need in the Archives. The Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episode was an obvious shoe-in and the Dragon Tales episode functions as the bonus episode as Ord stars in Letterman's chapter alongside us needing an episode that centers around him in our Archives. Thus, why not go with the very first Dragon Tales episode?

Finally, for Carl the Collector, there is no new clip yet but imagine if people who owned PBS Kids: Brawltime! got this as exclusive content like how PBS Kids sometimes releases stuff to their websites first and sometimes releases website games with a passcode needed to play it early. This is a way for people to get familiar with the show before it comes out in the fall. Also, there will be lots of production photos from Carl the Collector in the Photo Album as well for a special preview.

PBS Kids Website Games

The Electric Company (2009 Series): Wordball

Electric_Co_Wordball_Menu.jpg

Bob the Builder (2015 series): Bob's Toolbox

maxresdefault.jpg

Molly of Denali: Molly's Winter Kitchen

MoD-kitchen-thumbnail.png

Postcards from Buster/Arthur: Dream On

sddefault.jpg

For the website games, the one I chose for The Electric Company is from the 2009 series and it also was an app I believe but it was most likely a website game also on the Electric Company webpage back then. It's based around one of the items that comes with Letterman!

Bob the Builder is overdue for a PBS Kids webpage game so I gave him one from the infamous reboot. Molly of Denali also is overdue for a PBS Kids website game so why not have one that involves cooking for fun?

As for the Postcards from Buster/Arthur website game, it plays like Pac-Man which is what MathMan was inspired from. So, why not include this game for more Postcards from Buster content and a Pac-Man-esque game?

PBS Kids Video Games

The Electric Company: Word Fun and Math Fun (Intellivision)

3906433-the-electric-company-word-fun-intellivision-front-cover.jpg
10794642.png

Living Books: Arthur's Teacher Trouble (PC)

91jtY14HB+L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

As I was doing DLC stuff for Letterman, I found out that the original version of The Electric Company did receive two video games on the Intellivision in 1979 and 1980 despite the show receiving limited merchandise. Why not include both fun games? There will be an on-screen Intellivision control suited for modern video game controllers to reimagine the old-school Intellivision experience for two of the oldest PBS Kids video games.

As for my other video game, Pop submitted it before but Arthur needs a PC game as the show already has a console video game. Why not stick with the theme of PTV Park-era PBS Kids video games and go with Living Books? Another fun classic as well.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
PBS Kids Website Games

Bob the Builder (2015 series): Bob the Builder's Pipe Games

Molly of Denali: Alaskan Adventure

Rosie's Rules: Slime Store

While I have absolutely nothing against adding something from the 2015 reboot, I just felt, why not add something from the old Bob the Builder to satisfy the old fans? The Pipe game is the of those games I sorta remember playing when I was younger.

I might as well submit a Molly of Denali game too.

I don't believe Rosie's Rules has any games, so here's one!

Also, in terms of the video games AlteredBeast submitted, I'm fine with them. I always knew the Intellivision, the console with such a funny name (And hopefully the Amico can have a bright future....), but I absolutely did NOT know that there were 2 Electric Company games on the system! As if the Intellivision was already devoid of any licensed games already. Also, Arthur's Teacher Trouble is perhaps one of my favorite Arthur books......

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

View attachment 382766

View attachment 382767

View attachment 382770

For the website games, the one I chose for The Electric Company is from the 2009 series and it also was an app I believe but it was most likely a website game also on the Electric Company webpage back then. It's based around one of the items that comes with Letterman!

Bob the Builder is overdue for a PBS Kids webpage game so I gave him one from the infamous reboot. Molly of Denali also is overdue for a PBS Kids website game so why not have one that involves cooking for fun?

As for the Postcards from Buster/Arthur website game, it plays like Pac-Man which is what MathMan was inspired from. So, why not include this game for more Postcards from Buster content and a Pac-Man-esque game?
PBS Kids Website Games

Bob the Builder: Project Build It!: Bob the Builder's Pipe Games

While I have absolutely nothing against adding something from the 2015 reboot, I just felt, why not add something from the old Bob the Builder to satisfy the old fans? The Pipe game is the of those games I sorta remember playing when I was younger.

I might as well submit a Molly of Denali game too.

I don't believe Rosie's Rules has any games, so here's one!

Also, in terms of the video games AlteredBeast submitted, I'm fine with them. I always knew the Intellivision, the console with such a funny name (And hopefully the Amico can have a bright future....), but I absolutely did NOT know that there were 2 Electric Company games on the system! As if the Intellivision was already devoid of any licensed games already. Also, Arthur's Teacher Trouble is perhaps one of my favorite Arthur books......
Ok, so I will close the PBS Kids Archives job now. My episodes as well as the game for The Electric Company and my video games will get in by default. We need to vote on the website games. Vote for your favorite in the three Strawpolls below:

Bob the Builder Website Game Poll

Bob the Builder: Project Build It!: Bob's Pipe Games/Bob Lays Pipe

Molly of Denali Website Game Poll

Miscellaneous PBS Kids Website Game Poll

Now, it's on to Legacy Skins!

Job 346:

Time for the sixth round of Legacy Skins! Submit up to 3 skin ideas based on major platfighter/fighting game tournaments or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things not from their shows. The top 3 ideas will be added to Letterman's pack.

The characters you can NOT submit Legacy Skins for (meaning the traditional three skins that come with a fighter) are:

• Big Bird
  • Elmo
  • Mr. Rogers
  • Dash/Dot
  • Barney
  • The Kratt Bros
  • WordGirl
  • Digit
  • Hacker
  • Lionel
  • Xavier Riddle
  • Teletubbies
  • Ord
  • Cheeko
  • Donkey
  • Ms. O
  • Bob the Builder
  • Betsy
I decided to cut some fighters off the list as I realize we have very few fighters to give their first Legacy Skin too so some characters are worthy of getting the double dip! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My Legacy Skins

Resubmitting Animal Sanctuary Helpers Malik, Zadie and Zeke

dg5s8uv-fcf36dfb-b3fc-4e95-8202-a6a1356f9333.png

classd.jpg

A simple Legacy Skin I submitted before, being based on Malik, Zadie and Zeke's Story Mode chapter. They basically sport an outfit given to the three of them by the Kratt Brothers for helping them out with repairing the animal sanctaury in the neon gaming city after Zach Varmitech attacked it. No visual effects to attacks, they just simply sport a cool outfit (see the photo next to the wombats) with hats sporting the logo of the animal sanctuary seen in the Story Mode.

Collision 2024 Heroes vs Villains Letterman

maxresdefault.jpg

So, hearing that one of the biggest and one of the longest-ongoing Smash tournament series in the Tristate area being Collision which actually is in my homestate of New Jersey is having a Heroes vs Villains theme, this is a PERFECT idea for a Legacy Skin for the original PBS Kids superhero himself, Letterman! This is also a first as I do not believe any Learner's Pass fighters recieved a Legacy Skin with their update. This is a perfect way to promote the upcoming tournament as well as add PBS Kids: Brawltime! as a side event there!

Letterman simply gains a comic book artstyle costume as well as sports the Collision 2024 logo on his helmet alongside half of his football jersey being red for Team Villains and half of it being blue for Team Heroes. All his attacks also have a comic book aesthetic to them.

I guess this is a Story Mode costume reference too in a way but it's not TOO spoiler territory.

Living Books/Original Arthur

birthday.png

Another Legacy Skin idea I have had for a while that I have been meaning to submit and now is a PERFECT time since we just added a Living Books Arthur game. Arthur will be based on his appearances in the books as well as have Living Books-esque graphics. He will appear in his snazzy yellow suit and a bowtie to make this costume more premium-esque. His attacks will all have the Marc Brown illustration-esque with Living Books soundbites to accompany his attacks. This also includes the Neutral Special having Arthur's friends be in the style of their original appearances in the Arthur books. It's similar to the Scholastic Origins Ms. Frizzle costume but it's more premium here.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Normally, I'm totally ok with going with all of AlteredBeast's submissions, but here is one that may not make a lot of sense, but it makes a lot of sense too!

JRPG heroes Malik, Zadie and Zeke
1705034220630.png

1705034382840.png

If you remember the reveal trailer for this iconic trio, than you probably remember it was themed to an old-school 8-bit JRPG! For this one in particular, the wombat siblings get JRPG outfits that look simple in appearance to reflect the simple character designs harkening back to the very famous JRPGs of the 1980's! As for whom wears what, There is Hero Malik, Mage Zadie and Thief Zeke. Malik has the typical knight armor, horned helmet and mighty sword! Zadie puts on some simple mage clothes, and Zeke gets a stealth design that evokes those "thief" type of characters.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
So, based on the Website game polls, it has been decided that Pop's game for Bob the Builder and my games for Molly of Denali and Postcards from Buster will join the PBS Kids Archives. Also, I will close the Legacy Skins job. Pop's Legacy Skin for Malik, Zadie and Zeke and my skins for Letterman and Arthur will be joining the collection for Legacy Skins. I must say, Pop's Legacy Skin idea is...probably the most creative out of ANY Legacy Skin thus far.

Now, onward to submitting a new mode and writing Letterman's trailer!

Job 347:

Submit an idea for a new mode to join PBS Kids: Brawltime! that will come with Letterman. It can be either a multiplayer or single player mode.

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Letterman! These characters can be revealed in a PBS Kids: Brawltime! presentation or even at another gaming event.

New Mode:

Brawltime Gauntlet

maxresdefault.jpg

Similar to the Boss Battles mode in Super Smash Bros Brawl, this is basically a Single Player mode where you get to complete all the Boss Fights so far in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Yes, this mode will be updated as more bosses join but...it's to see how fast you can complete all the boss fights in the game. There are two modes:

Beginning Learner Mode: You get 3 opportunities to fully heal yourself.

Super Learner Mode: You get no opportunities to fully heal yourself and you bring over the damage from your last boss fight into the next one. Plus, the bosses' difficulties are harder.

Overall, this is a mode that's been requested for a while. Pop proposed the idea a while back so why not add it now since we have an awesome Spellbinder boss fight that just recently got added?

Letterman Reveal Trailer

Cliff Hanger and The Brawltime Party Invite

We start off with a montage of all the characters revealed fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus the two free bonus characters, Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Betsy, Super Why and The Zula Patrol.

Then, it cuts to Announcer Bunny appearing out of his hat and next to his mic.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to tell you all...we are going to be visiting some old friends of mine. If you know where, let's go and read in Between...The Lionsssss!

We then cut to a shot of the Busterfield Library's outside with a circle of Click appearing in the top right corner.

34293b5bed663ab28b8fb2854f4f968f.jpg

Click: Entering Brawltime mode, we are entering a new point and click game based on the library.

We then see a ScummVM style version of the inside of the Busterfield Library's main area where we see Lionel on the top floor reading a Cliff Hanger book. All the characters will speak with speech bubbles by them as well as have digitized voice acting (even though a good amount of point and click games do not have voice acting besides the Humongpus Entertainment games, I believe.

We see a voice bubble with Cleo's icon by it.

Cleo: Oh Lionel! Me and Dad need to talk to you with some exciting news!

Lionel: Ok Mom!

We see an arrow then where it gets clicked on by a cursor that guides Lionel to find the front desk of the library.

Cleo: Hey! Lionel! How's this Brawltime Party going that you have been invited too? We've been seeing all sorts of new patrons in our library!

Theo: Yeah, and even some from books we have in our library!

Lionel laughs.

Lionel: Well, I did get to meet Arthur, that one school teacher who drives that bus that transforms into all sorts of things, that red monster that was in one of Arty's music videos, I even got to visit that island with the talking trains and meet the man who owns them.

Click: Yes, I have been assisting Lionel with keeping everything in order at the Brawltime party. Also, Chicken Jane herself has went too. We met all sorts of characters from the books we have in our libraries and I must say...Lionel has been doing super impressive at the party! Applause for us!

We hear Click's digitized applause.

Cleo and Theo: Very good job, Lionel!

Leona: That's my brother, alright!

Lionel: It was nothing but...is there any other exciting news about the Brawltime party?

Theo: Well, we do have a new Cliff Hanger book coming just now that I heard...may have to do with your Brawltime party event. Livingston Dangerously probably heard about it.

Lionel: OH BOY! Yess! Ooh aah! That explains it, I've been on Cliff's cliff so many times, he must be coming too! Let me go find that package.

We then see a cursor guiding Lionel ala point and click game style to find the FredEx package with the new Cliff Hanger book. After finding the package, there is an on screen message that says "Package collected!" We then see the cursor guiding Lionel back to the front desk.

Theo: Excellent work, son! Now, let's open the package!

Theo opens the package.

Theo: Here it is!

Lionel: Let's read it! Let's read it! Let's read itttt!

Leona just pahs.

Leona: It's gonna end like all the other Cliff Hanger books of course.

Lionel: But, this one is special!

Cleo: Let's just read and find out what happens!

We therefore see the introduction of The Adventures of Cliff Hanger but from the book itself from the Fred Ex package flying out like in the Between the Lions episodes.

The Original Narrator of The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Flying off the shelf once again, it's the continuing, daring and dangling adventures of...Clifffff Hanger!

dfzzcdw-8d3a2604-d8ef-4c51-9478-86d77c77c560.png

It would be this screen but the number and title of the adventure and with the green PBS Kids colored invite on the bottom right corner. This episode of Cliff Hanger will be animated like the older hand drawn Cliff Hanger segments from the first 4 seasons of Between the Lions.

The Original Narrator of The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Today's adventure, number 1,972! Cliff Hanger and The Brawltime Party Invite!

The helicopter and helicopter chorus: Cliffffff Hanger! Hanging from a cliffff! And that's why he's called Cliff Hanger!

Cliff Hanger: Excuse me! Excuse me!

Narrator: We find Cliff Hanger where we left him last! Hanging from a cliff!

Cliff Hanger: Can't! Hold! On! Much! Longerrrr!

Narrator: As Cliff hangs from his cliff, he notices above him...a green boy, a lion cub and a superhero with a red cape above his cliff.

Dash: Hey, it seems that Cliff has been watching our fights from up here but...I have a spare invite in case he wants to join my Brawltime party! I have lots of extras to give out!

Lionel: Yes, pleaseee do Dash! Mr. Hanger is my hero.

Narrator: Quickly, Cliff reaches into his backpack and soon grabs his trusty Survival Manual! Using his expert decoding skills, Cliff begins to read!

Cliff Hanger: If you see a green boy named Dash above your cliff asking you if you want to go to his Brawltime Party, tell him Yes! He would love to have you there! Hey, Dash, is there any way you can get me off this cliff and bring me to your Brawltime Party?

Dash: Well...we have WordGirl here who can fly you up. She would love to help!

Wordgirl: Oh yeah! Word up! I'd love to help out Mr. Hanger...even though your name is a pun of course.

We see WordGirl fly down to Cliff and help him up.

Narrator: Is this it? Is Cliff ready to begin a new life and get off that cliff and join the Brawltime Party?

We then see them interrupted by an evil wizard who appears out of nowhere being none other than Spellbinder himself...and he's been radically redesigned.

Spellbinder: Looks like this rescue will not be completed after all!

Spellbinder then changes the word flight to fight by taking away the letter "l". We see Cliff fall back on his cliff and then sigh.

Narrator: Oh no! It's the evil Spellbinder up to no good!

Spellbinder: Gwahahaha! Who here has the power to stop me and will rescue that poor man?

We see Lionel, Wordgirl, Dash and a few others trying to stop him including Xavier Riddle, Elmo, Big Bird, Super Why, Arthur, Buster, Ord, Ms. O and Chris and Martin Kratt try to stop him. Everyone looks tired and defeated until...we see a familar looking man with the letter "L" on his white jersey and a football helmet.

Letterman: Well, Spellbinder, your up to no good! You will not win!

Narrator: Oh look! It's Letterman, the brave hero who will change letters to solve Cliff's problem. He's putting the letter "l" in the word fight to make it flight! And, with one mighty blow, he sends Spellbinder away!

We see Letterman defeat Spellbinder by ultimately putting him in his place with an aggressive flight and then we see him rescuing Cliff Hanger and bringing him up to the top. Everyone cheers.

Cliff Hanger: Thank you everyone and thank you! I feel you, Mr. Letterman should join the Brawltime Party actually! You rescued me so you deserve the honor!

Dash: Are you sure, Cliff?

Cliff: Certainly, he deserves it more than me!

Letterman: Well, in any case, it's been forever since I have been heroic so let's party!

We see Letterman take the invite and get into a pose just as the text pops up:

Introducing Letterman! in the PBS Font and Letterman stands next to it as Announcer Bunny says "Letterman!"

We start by seeing Letterman fighting against Dash, Xavier Riddle and Wordgirl on the Cliff's Cliff stage with the remix of the original Electric Company theme playing in the background.

We see Letterman use his Light Moves on his opponents.

Letterman: It's quite easy to change an event with letters!

Lionel: Woah! How cool is this? You can make anything happen!

We then see him show off his Neutral Special on Lionel and Arthur in the Busterfield Library and his Down Special used on Elmo and Ord on Dragon Land.

Wordgirl: So...I guess you can also battle that "Silent E" and even have an O fall down!

We then see him use his Up Special on Cliff's Cliff.

Cliff Hanger: And, he can even jump onto my cliff...EASILY from midair.

We then cut to footage of the Letter Land stage where we then hear a remix of The Adventures of Letterman intro theme with Letterman fighting against The Kratt Bros, Super Why and Betsy.

Letterman: This is where all the action happens here! This is where I am super the most!

Then, we cut to Letterman with the Paul the Gorilla and Jennifer of the Jungle assist against Lionel with his Chicken Jane assist on Cliff's Cliff.

Cliff Hanger: I have met tons of gorillas but not one like this.

Jennifer of the Jungle: We're Letterman's friends and we can help teach you all about words!

Paul: gorilla noises

Finally, we see the Wordball item appear on the Bronx Rooftops stage where Super Why uses it on Letterman and Buster.

Letterman: Hmm...these balls seem to have some super power with them! Talk about incredible!

We see more footage of the Wordball's functions as well as some other fun scenes including:

• Letterman posing with Super Why on the Storybrook Village stage
  • Letterman using his Light Down on Barney in his Conductor Alternate Costume with the Sir Topham Hatt assist on the Island of Sodor stage
  • Letterman posing again with Wordgirl on the Wordgirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout stage
  • Letterman using his Down Special on Sesame Street with Big Bird and Elmo running from it too
We cut back to the Cliff Hanger episode where we see Cliff Hanger watching everyone.

Cliff Hanger: Well...I hope you all have a fun party! See you!

Everyone waves bye but...Cliff does not notice where he is walking and then....falls back on the cliff.

Helicopter choirster: And that's why he's called Cliff Hangerrrr!

Cliff: Can't! Hold! On! Much! Longer!

As the sun sets, he noticed Dash get KOd by Letterman and then gives a nervous thumbs up!

As the book closes, we cut back to the point and click game of the Busterfield library.

Cleo: So, what do you think Lionel?

Lionel: That was awesome! I was in it and that Letterman guy is pretty cool after all! I'm glad he joined our Brawltime party!

Everyone laughs in a digitized voice.

Then, the game suddenly crashes. We then see the numbers 1972 appear on a pitch black screen. We then see Anomaly goo appear and we feintly see footage of the "Lads to Lend a Hand in Letterland" Event Match against Spellbinder through the goo as well as a platforming section of Letterman going through Letter Land.

We then hear Spellbinder's laugh once more.

Spellbinder: Guess there is a reason to all this...madness. That Letterman won't win!

We cut to pitch black. We see the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with all the base roster characters, Donkey, Ms. O, Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Betsy, Super Why and the Zula Patrol there and then we see Letterman silently added to the cast of characters.

We then cut to Announcer Bunny again.

Announcer Bunny: I wonder what happened back in 1972 but that Cliff Hanger episode SURE was fun! Welcome Letterman to the Brawltime Party as our sixth fighter in Learner's Pass Vol. 1! His Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well as the update containing them will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!! I hope you'll help him continue to stop that evil Spellbinder from ruining our fun!

The presentation continues.

This trailer introduces:

• Letterman, his moveset as well as all his moves having the hand drawn style
  • Letter Land as his home stage
  • Paul the Gorilla and Jennifer of the Jungle as an assist and their function
  • Wordball Item and its function
  • A brief look at the event match Lads to Lend a Hand in Letter Land
  • A quick glimpse at his Story Mode DLC chapter and Spellbinder confirmed to be a major boss in the Story Mode chapter
  • Spellbinder's Radical redesign as well as the hint of Letterman's Story Mode chapter being a prequel about the Anomaly's Creation
Notes:

• I have been waiting to do this trailer idea but I based this trailer off of old point-and-click games as well as based on The Adventures of Cliff Hanger segments. I specifically got the idea to do an extended episode similar to how the YouTuber, Baby Lamb Creations has made his own Cliff Hanger episodes (I must say, I love his own Cliff Hanger episodes).
  • The Adventure Number of the Cliff Hanger episode is a reference to the year Letterman's segment debuted in The Electric Company.
  • Lionel referencing Arthur, Big Bird and Elmo is a reference to how Arthur appeared in one of the songs in Between the Lions as well as Big Bird and Elmo making various appearances. Also, Lionel referencing the Island of Sodor stage is a reference to when a Thomas and Friends book appeared on the Between the LIons episode, Red Hat, Green Hat.
  • This also marks the first new The Adventures of Cliff Hanger episode in almost 14 years!!!! Insane, right?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my Letterman reveal trailer will be used for Letterman's reveal and my new mode will be added to PBS Kids: Brawltime! I apologize for the later than usual update as I have been busy in real-life this weekend. Now, we move forth to the ABCMouse.com content update! We will be doing this in 2 parts. The first part will be today with an assist, item and stage. The second part will be with our Legacy Skin, the Event Match and PBS Kids Archives content! Now, let's get going!

Job 348:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing exclusive to ABCmouse.com and explain the assist's function.

Job 349:

Submit an item based on a character or thing exclusive to ABCmouse.com and explain how the item works.

Job 350:

Submit a stage based on a game or aspect of ABCmouse.com. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage.

ABCmouse.com Assist

ABCmouse

ezgif-5-a8de174e56.png

As cliché as it sounds, I feel we should go for the ABCmouse.com mascot as the assist for the ABCmouse.com free update given he himself has appeared in the sponsorship ads seen on PBS Kids. Basically, this mouse here is ready to help you learn as a fighter and thus is ready to help you graduate to the next level of strength! He will give you some tickets which will come in the form of doing a task such as using a certain move a certain amount of times or refraining from using a move. He will even use his paint pallette to paint you sometimes for specific tasks which will give you double tickets if you complete. Once you get enough tickets, you can purcahse a stat buff with your tickets. When the assist meter is full, you get double the awards and double the tasks!

ABCmouse.com Item

Kimmy's Kite

maxresdefault.jpg

It would be kind of cool to have a kite as an item given kites have been seen in many episodes in PBS Kids shows. Basically, when this item is spawned, you can pick up the kite and fly it. Occassionally, a wind blow in blowing the kite. Anyone who touches the kite will get some damage but when it flies more vigorously, you get more damage. You can also use the kite for recovery but the pattern will be awkward for flight due to the wind so be careful. The kite can be used for up to a minute before the wind gets too strong and you fly away. Be careful when you use this item as you are prone to fly away with the wind as kite flying can be dangerous sometimes on days that are very windy!

ABCmouse.com Stage

Learning Path

ABCmouse_LessonPath_Level5_RGB-1024x656.png

Knowing that ABCmouse.com did partially inspire the maps for the Arcade Mode, why not honor that right here with the Learning Path stage? Basically, it's a stage with walkoffs that will change themes based on the level as the Learning Path increases based on the grade level. Every so often, an ABCmouse.com game will spawn to test your knowledge. If you do the task right, you get a minor reward like a stat buff or an item to assist you and such. The starting point of your Learning Path varies or you can stay in one spot if you toggle it at the stage selection screen. If you are ready to learn, this is your place!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
ABCmouse.com Item

Ham with Jam

One of my most favorite storybooks from abcmouse.com! Pam likes jam but doesn't like ham, while her brother Sam likes ham but doesn't like jam. But then the two mix ham and jam together, can they finally outcome their distastes over each sibling's personal tastes?

I believe we haven't added a healing item for quite a while, but Ham with Jam appears as a healing item, but using it is where the real action begins! When a character picks it up, they look at it with disgust for 1 second, much like how fighters hold the special flag for a short time, before eating it, restoring a random amount of 70% to 100% damage!, to reference trying new food can often result in good consequences. Be careful where you use it, since you'll drop it if someone damages you in the act!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my ABCmouse.com content along with Pop's item will be added. I did say I wanted one item to come in this update but both items are so different so why not add both? Now, it's time for the second part of the ABCmouse.com content being the Legacy Skin, the Event Match and PBS Kids Archives and other content!

Job 351:

Submit a Legacy Skin for the ABCmouse.com update based on any aspect of ABCmouse.com.

Job 352:

Submit an Event Match based on the ABCmouse.com content.

Job 353:

Submit 2 pieces of content exclusive to ABCmouse.com to add to the PBS Kids Archives as well as any other content for modes like the Photo Album and such.

ABCmouse.com Legacy Skin

ABCmouse.com Superhero Super Why

df2aqjt-cddad46b-d772-43d7-8a3a-ce2669bbf951.png
abcMouse_logo.png

From what I remember, Super Why was one of the first shows to be sponsored by the network. Plus, Super Why himself does not have a Legacy Skin yet. So, why not make his first Legacy Skin based off of the edutainment website that sponsored his show? Basically, Super Why gets colored in the colors of the ABCMouse.com logo and the letters in his moves get the ABCMouse.com treatment with the letters being based on the font seen in the ABCMouse.com logo. He will also have visual effects with tickets coming out every time an attack is landed successfully as well as if he KOs an opponent.

ABCmouse.com Event Match

Event Match #Extra01: From A to Infinity
Event description:
With curiosity being a part of the Brawltime Party, you still have a lifetime of learning with you going down the Learning Path! See what you know and test your knowledge on the Learning Path with some top learners here to help you learn!
Player's Assist: ABCmouse
Stage: Learning Path
Opponent(s): Kratt Bros, Arthur, Super Why (in ABCmouse Legacy Skin), Ms. O, Molly, Xavier Riddle
Opponents' Assists: Martha for Chris and Martin, Curious George for Super Why
Event objective: Basically, your goal is to complete 10 Learning Path games (15 on harder difficulties) as well as defeat all your opponents in chronological order based on their PBS Kids debut, one at a time like the PBS Kids World Tour event matches. There is no penalization for failing any of the games. However, you cannot KO your final opponent being Xavier Riddle until you complete all 10 or 15 games. If you get KOd, self-destruct or defeat your final opponent before completing all the other games, you fail the event match.

The order of the opponents are as follows:

The Kratt Bros. (Kratt Creatures, June 3, 1996), Arthur (Arthur, October 7, 1996), Super Why (Super Why, September 3rd, 2007), Ms. O (Odd Squad, November 26, 2014), Molly (Molly of Denali, July 15, 2019), Xavier Riddle (Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum, November 12, 2019)

References: A general reference to ABCmouse.com and the website, alongside the Learning Path playing a huge part in the website. The title of the event is a reference to a commercial campaigh that they did a while back which you can watch one of those commercials right here. Also, all your opponents are from PBS Kids shows that have been sponsored by ABCmouse.com alongside the two assists that help the opponents as well. Martha going with Chris and Martin also is a slight reference to how the book Martha comes from Martha Speaks was actually mentioned on an old PBS Kids show not yet represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! being Kino's Storytime so she technically had a PBS Kids debut before her actual show in a way (kind of the same thing with Arthur on Reading Rainbow but not really).

ABCmouse.com content in the PBS Kids Archives

Both the Ham with Jam? Interactive Book and the Reading the Letter K Lesson with Games can be unlocked after beating the Event Match.

Ham with Jam? Interactive Book

57528428.jpg.png

Reading the Letter K (Level 3: Lesson 26)

maxresdefault.jpg

A compilation of all the ABCmouse.com PBS Kids funding ads seen on various PBS Kids show funding credits
(Basically, everything from 2010/2011 to present).

Other Content:

Photo Album Content Based On:

• The ABCmouse.com content added to PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • Concept art for some stuff on the website
  • A poster with all the PBS Kids characters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! from PBS Kids shows that ABCmouse.com sponsored

Basically, for the PBS Kids Archives content, I went for stuff based on the items in the game. Simple as that. You will have to unlock both games by beating the event match similar to the original content that came with the VSmile and Scholastic updates. The funding credits ads are always fun to add. Plus, the photo album content is fun for any edutainment enthusiast! In fact, anyone who has an ABCmouse.com membership or gets one will get the same poster with the PBS Kids characters from their respective shows that were sponsored by ABCmouse for either as a computer or electronic device wallpaper or perfect for a poster to hang up somewhere! This is some perfect, promotional content right here!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
ABCmouse.com Legacy Skin

ABCmouse.com Xavier Riddle
abcMouse_logo.png

From my own knowledge, Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum was one of the first shows that I have known to be sponsored by the network. I also feel like an abcmouse.com legacy skin for Xavier Riddle would be cute too. His hoodie would have the colors of the abcmouse.com logo as well as some cute fluffy mouse ears like you see on some animal0themed Japanese hoodies. All of his attacks can have that added aesthetic of tickets flying out of certain attacks or if he KOs an opponent.

While I'm totally fine with AlteredBeast's submissions for abcmouse.com content for the PBS Kids archives, I figured I'd add some too, consider these just extras

Pizza Server

Flip Book Fun in Grammar Kingdom

Like with the Ham with Jam? Interactive Book and the Reading the Letter K game, both can only be accessed after clearing the abcmouse.com event match, I remember playing the Pizza Server game on the website, and as a fun touch, it could even play that iconic Pizza Time song exclusive to PBS Kids: Brawltime!, it would just be SOOOO ironic, and I think the other game seems fun as well, even though I haven't played it

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my ABCmouse.com content along with Pop's item will be added. I did say I wanted one item to come in this update but both items are so different so why not add both? Now, it's time for the second part of the ABCmouse.com content being the Legacy Skin, the Event Match and PBS Kids Archives and other content!

Job 351:

Submit a Legacy Skin for the ABCmouse.com update based on any aspect of ABCmouse.com.

Job 352:

Submit an Event Match based on the ABCmouse.com content.

Job 353:

Submit 2 pieces of content exclusive to ABCmouse.com to add to the PBS Kids Archives as well as any other content for modes like the Photo Album and such.

ABCmouse.com Legacy Skin

View attachment 383063View attachment 383064

From what I remember, Super Why was one of the first shows to be sponsored by the network. Plus, Super Why himself does not have a Legacy Skin yet. So, why not make his first Legacy Skin based off of the edutainment website that sponsored his show? Basically, Super Why gets colored in the colors of the ABCMouse.com logo and the letters in his moves get the ABCMouse.com treatment with the letters being based on the font seen in the ABCMouse.com logo. He will also have visual effects with tickets coming out every time an attack is landed successfully as well as if he KOs an opponent.

ABCmouse.com Event Match

Event Match #Extra01: From A to Infinity
Event description:
With curiosity being a part of the Brawltime Party, you still have a lifetime of learning with you going down the Learning Path! See what you know and test your knowledge on the Learning Path with some top learners here to help you learn!
Player's Assist: ABCmouse
Stage: Learning Path
Opponent(s): Kratt Bros, Arthur, Super Why (in ABCmouse Legacy Skin), Ms. O, Molly, Xavier Riddle
Opponents' Assists: Martha for Chris and Martin, Curious George for Super Why
Event objective: Basically, your goal is to complete 10 Learning Path games (15 on harder difficulties) as well as defeat all your opponents in chronological order based on their PBS Kids debut, one at a time like the PBS Kids World Tour event matches. There is no penalization for failing any of the games. However, you cannot KO your final opponent being Xavier Riddle until you complete all 10 or 15 games. If you get KOd, self-destruct or defeat your final opponent before completing all the other games, you fail the event match.

The order of the opponents are as follows:

The Kratt Bros. (Kratt Creatures, June 3, 1996), Arthur (Arthur, October 7, 1996), Super Why (Super Why, September 3rd, 2007), Ms. O (Odd Squad, November 26, 2014), Molly (Molly of Denali, July 15, 2019), Xavier Riddle (Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum, November 12, 2019)

References: A general reference to ABCmouse.com and the website, alongside the Learning Path playing a huge part in the website. The title of the event is a reference to a commercial campaigh that they did a while back which you can watch one of those commercials right here. Also, all your opponents are from PBS Kids shows that have been sponsored by ABCmouse.com alongside the two assists that help the opponents as well. Martha going with Chris and Martin also is a slight reference to how the book Martha comes from Martha Speaks was actually mentioned on an old PBS Kids show not yet represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! being Kino's Storytime so she technically had a PBS Kids debut before her actual show in a way (kind of the same thing with Arthur on Reading Rainbow but not really).

Both the Ham with Jam? Interactive Book and the Reading the Letter K Lesson with Games can be unlocked after beating the Event Match.

View attachment 383065

View attachment 383066

A compilation of all the ABCmouse.com PBS Kids funding ads seen on various PBS Kids show funding credits
(Basically, everything from 2010/2011 to present).

Other Content:

Photo Album Content Based On:

• The ABCmouse.com content added to PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • Concept art for some stuff on the website
  • A poster with all the PBS Kids characters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! from PBS Kids shows that ABCmouse.com sponsored

Basically, for the PBS Kids Archives content, I went for stuff based on the items in the game. Simple as that. You will have to unlock both games by beating the event match similar to the original content that came with the VSmile and Scholastic updates. The funding credits ads are always fun to add. Plus, the photo album content is fun for any edutainment enthusiast! In fact, anyone who has an ABCmouse.com membership or gets one will get the same poster with the PBS Kids characters from their respective shows that were sponsored by ABCmouse for either as a computer or electronic device wallpaper or perfect for a poster to hang up somewhere! This is some perfect, promotional content right here!
ABCmouse.com Legacy Skin

abcMouse_logo.png

From my own knowledge, Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum was one of the first shows that I have known to be sponsored by the network. I also feel like an abcmouse.com legacy skin for Xavier Riddle would be cute too. His hoodie would have the colors of the abcmouse.com logo as well as some cute fluffy mouse ears like you see on some animal0themed Japanese hoodies. All of his attacks can have that added aesthetic of tickets flying out of certain attacks or if he KOs an opponent.

While I'm totally fine with AlteredBeast's submissions for abcmouse.com content for the PBS Kids archives, I figured I'd add some too, consider these just extras

Pizza Server

Like with the Ham with Jam? Interactive Book and the Reading the Letter K game, both can only be accessed after clearing the abcmouse.com event match, I remember playing the Pizza Server game on the website, and as a fun touch, it could even play that iconic Pizza Time song exclusive to PBS Kids: Brawltime!, it would just be SOOOO ironic, and I think the other game seems fun as well, even though I haven't played it
Alright, I will close the ABCmouse.com content job. Be sure to vote for which Legacy Skin you want as well as the website games you want added to the PBS Kids Archives. I will note that my Event Match and my other ABCmouse.com content will be added to PBS Kids: Brawltime!

As for the website games, vote for your top two to join and you can put your own in first!

ABCmouse.com Legacy Skin

ABCmouse.com Website Games for PBS Kids Archives
Pizza Server

My votes:

1. Pizza Server
2. Ham with Jam? Interactive Book

I'm indifferent to the website games but still, all fun choices. Now, whenever Pop is ready...we have something special planned for the Brawltime party that will help us get prepared for the final fighter for the first Learner's Pass! I suppose we have an opportunity to invite....special guests per say ;).

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Ham with Jam? Interactive Book
2. Pizza Server

Alright, here comes the exciting part........

Job 354: Well, we've come so far now, and we've finally reached that territory, an exciting one, to say the least. That's right, we're FINALLY GOING TO BE ADDING OUR FIRST GUEST FIGHTER TO PBS KIDS: BRAWLTIME! Yes, we're finally going to be adding characters from kids' shows and media outside of and not really owned or affiliated with PBS Kids! For this job, you are to submit a TV channel, block or any other major media outlet made towards kids! Here are some things to consider when submitting to this job:

• Post a picture of something representing that category whether it would be the logo of that TV channel, characters that fit in the category, etc.
  • Explain a bit about your choice and why it should be the first category for our first guest character.
  • Give examples of potential fighters and other content.
  • Submit up to 3 job prompts for assists, stages and items. (One assist, stage and item job for the guest character will be based on their own series)
  • Describe the story mode chapter for the guest character (you can make it a two-part story mode)
  • Optional: if you want any specific Legacy Skin or PBS Kids Archives prompts to fit into your category.

My submission

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids

Why not we start off our guest star list with a TV channel block that actually had some connections to PBS Kids? While the channel today is known as Universal Kids, the TV channel had its beginnings as PBS Kids Sprout. Back in 2005, PBS collaborated with Sesame Workshop, HiT entertainment, and ironically, Comcast, to create an Offshoot channel to the PBS Kids channel, to which Sprout was born. The channel featured a mix of some PBS Kids show as well as various syndicated shows designed for Preschoolers. In 2011-2013. NBCUniversal gradually bought out the channel and claimed it to their full ownership, to which it was rebranded as Universal Kids in 2017. From there, the channel prioritized airing much of Universal's kid content, ranging from Netflix Dreamworks shows to many others.

Some fighters we could add from this block could be from shows range from non-PBS Kids shows that were syndicated on it from the Sprout era to Dreamworks Netflix shows that occasionally air on Universal Kids from time to time. We could also add some additional stages and PBS Kids Archive content from other franchises from the channel that may not be eligible to get fighters.

In terms of the assists, stages or items, we could ALSO from other franchises from the channel that may not be eligible to get fighters, there's lots of possibility here when you think about it.

In terms of the story mode chapter for the guest fighter, It could be something along the lines of a character from the channel finding out about the PBS Kids world somehow, and being transported to the PBS Kids fighters through a very magical portal of sorts, but that's just the basics down, how Sprout/Universal Kids could connect to the game's overall lore can be taken in many, many directions.

We could also have Legacy Skins of the PBS Kids Fighters cosplaying as characters from the Sprout/Universal Kids channel, because, why not? I would be tons of fun, trust me.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, I apologize for being so late this time with my submission as real-life stuff got in the way. As much as I love Pop's idea of our first guest fighter coming from PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids, I have a different idea up my sleeve inspired by Pop himself.

Other Kids Media That Can Work as PBS Kids Shows

A4770671-FED0-4892-A846-BE88B5293168.JPG

This idea was suggested by Pop a while back when we first discussed DLC in this thread. Ever since it was proposed, I am a huge fan of the idea and want to propose it for our first guest DLC character. While PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids may be a great idea due to PBS Kids's connection with the network's making...what if the first guest character were from a different universe, a miscellaneous kids media world comprising of many characters from childhood favorites from books to even YouTube videos? I mean...sure Frog and Toad got some stop motion shorts back in the 80s alongside a series on Apple TV (which I ADORE the animation style by the way) and the book Bear Snores On appeared in one episode of Between the Lions. Heck, even Little Critter got his own home video series from Golden Books. Basically..this is a way to promote other kids media that can work as either a PBS Kids series or one-time special.

I do feel if the first fighter were from this category...it would provide a lot of shock-and-awe alongside more publicity for that series' publisher and such. Alongside this, it can open up that series to POTENTIALLY get a PBS Kids series in the alternate universe where PBS Kids: Brawltime! is an actual platform fighter and where it is doing super well in the e-sports department.

Some potential fighters that fit this category include Frog and Toad, the Bear from Bear Snores On, Duck from The Duck Song, Katy (Katy and the Big Snow), Amelia Bedelia, Judy Moody, even Little Critter himself. To be fair, this can open the gates as well as shake up speculation too in that universe.

For stages, assists and items:

There will be 4 stages with this DLC:

• One for the fighter based on their series
  • Two based on other pieces of kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows
  • One based on a piece of kids media (well...book) that can work as a PBS Kids show seen in Between the Lions or Reading Rainbow)
There will be 4 assists and items with this DLC:

• One for the fighter based on their series (a character or thing from their series)
  • One based on other pieces of kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows (character or thing)
  • One based on a piece of kids media (well...book) that can work as a PBS Kids show seen in Between the Lions or Reading Rainbow) (character or thing)
  • One based on a piece of kids media that can work as a PBS Kids show that is not based on a book series (could be anything edutainment related) (character or thing)
Lots of possibilities here.

As for the Story Mode, it would be in two parts. Basically, the first part takes us to a dimension where there are other heroes and heroines who are willing to use their educating skills and good values to help others. You see them all gathering for a party as to celebrate them all doing good deeds for so long. Then, however, they realize that the Purple Goo came into their world. With that....this leads to the fighter discovering that this strange creature isn't from their world but from the PBS Kids world. They discover a connection in the multiverse and they team up with the PBS Kids characters to stop the Anomaly. The lore can be taken in many directions.

As for Legacy Skins....

There will be 5:

• One for a fighter on the roster based on a video game tournament/event
  • Three based on other kids media (could be a fighter cosplaying as a fighter, in that art style of that piece of kids media, etc.) Many directions
  • One Premium Legacy Skin like the one we did for Ruff Ruffman
For PBS Kids Archives stuff...

We will probably add any website games but it may be normal ratio because a lot of these pieces of media do not have website games or video games.

HOWEVER....

I have forgotten to mention, there will be a special surprise job regarding our guest IPs later....you will all enjoy it.

Overall, this is a fun category that can definitely get the Brawltime! fans talking. Lots of fun to be had.

For those needing inspiration....here are some guest character categories to consider:

• Characters/IPs with connections to PBS Kids (Veggietales, Peanuts, The Gruffalo, etc)
  • IPs from the PBS adult block (this one may be the trickiest)
  • The Learning Company (they have had a great connection with PBS Kids)
  • Other kids networks (you can just submit one like Nick Jr, Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior, Cartoonito, etc. or just submit it as a generic category)
  • Maybe other edutainment mascots from brands like BrainPOP, Living Books, Jumpstart, etc. not yet given updates in Brawltime!
Get submitting with this helpful start right here!

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Larry_Classic.png

LarryBoy_(1998-2002).jpg

Larry \ Larry Boy
Veggietales is a pretty iconic kids franchise and I think he fits well. He would be a stand changing character between normal and superhero forms.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will leave the guest character category submission until Sunday or Monday so please get the category you want our first guest character to come from submitted by then so we can move on! Now, returning to the Meet the Fighters scripts with our first DLC fighter we submitted last year, Bob the Builder!

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters: Introducing Bob the Builder!

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo pops up with all the base roster characters, the two bonus fighters (Donkey and Ms. O) and Bob the Builder by the logo.

It now cuts to gameplay footage of Bob the Builder and Ms. Frizzle idling on the Bobsville Castle stage.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters videos. In this series, we will be covering all the fighters in this game, talking about their moveset, stage, their history as well as other content about the character. Today, we have the first fighter for Learners Pass Vol. 1 being none other than the can-do builder and leader of the Can-Do Crew, Bob the Builder!

Cuts to footage of Bob the Builder gameplay while narrator explains Bob the Builder's play style.

Bob is a light-middlweight fighter with all-around stats, making him pretty balanced. He excels in the advantage state whenever his moveset is used to the fullest that he can combo and/or put his opponent(s) in disadvantage. However, be careful! Bob is a glass cannon as if you get him into the disadvantage state, there is no real way to fix the problem as he has no real escape options. So remember to be advantegeous when using him!

We then cut to various footage focusing him on using the tools and on his gimmick of Tool Durability as the words "Tool Durability" appear on the top right corner of the screen.

Bob's gimmick is simply titled "Tool Durability". With Bob's top-notch building and masonry skills, he has been known to utilize lots off different building materials and tools. Each move consists of a various job he has done to get building tasks completed in a timely fashion.

We then zoom in on the tool icon by Bob's icon in battle and footage of the strongest tool in action on the Bobsville Castle stage against Miss Frizzle.

At some points during a battle, an icon will appear besides Bob's damage interface icon telling you which tool can assist you the most to get the job done. Thus, that tool gets a stat buff. However, after using a certain move or tool in this case for a certain while, the move will be proven to be ineffective and give extremely minimal damage. However, after a good while, being a few seconds, the tool will be back in action so use a variety of tools as well as the tool Bob needs at the time to complete a job!

Cuts to footage of Bob the Builder clips with Bob the Builder in them.

Bob really needs no introduction as he is simply that iconic. Initally, Bob started off in the United Kingdom in 1999. However, he came to the United States in 2001. 4 years later, the original series made its way to PBS Kids. Bob has been a mainstay on PBS Kids from 2005 to 2018. He's been everywhere from his town in Bobsville to Sunflower Valley to Fixham Harbor and even to Spring City with his fellow builder Wendy, his cat Pilchard, that silly scarecrow Spud and his team of construction vehicles called the Can-Do Crew! Therefore, whatever he's doing, he can do any job. Yes, he can!

We then cut to footage of the We Are Family music video from 2005 with Bob the Builder and various PBS Kids characters.

Surprisingly enough, Bob and his team appeared in the special We are Family music video released in 2005 as an education message for all that also stars other fighters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! including Big Bird, Arthur, Barney, Miss Frizzle, Lionel, Elmo, Ord and Buster! Even some characters who are not fighters like Clifford and Maya and Miguel make appearances too! Talk about some sort of connections amongst the PBS Kids worlds here!

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Bob the Builder and Ms. Frizzle on the Bobsville Castle stage.

Now, let's go over Bob the Builder's moveset. First, let us go over his light moves.

His Light Neutral is "Nail in The Wall".

Bob the Builder does the move.

Every builder needs a hammer and some nails! When using this move, Bob simply grabs a piece of wood, installs a nail in it and hammers the nail. It's a bit of a spammable move. But remember, it doesn't have the best startup frame data. The stronger variant has Bob nail the hammer even harder causing more damage.

His Light Up is "Simple Painting".

Being a painter for houses and buildings as well, Bob simply will grab a paintbrush and a paint bucket. He will simply paint his opponents. This move is great for comboing opponents! The stronger variant of this move will cause Bob to do one mighty paintbrush stroke to send opponents flying upwards!

His Light Down is "Dig, Dig, Dig It!"

Bob loves to do digging as well! In this move, Bob will simply grab a shovel and move some of the Earth in the stage to another part as he is digging. The weaker version of this move is spammable and good for comboing as well. However, the stronger variant can send opponents flying and if the dirt pile falls off the stage, it works extremely well as a meteor projectile for spiking your opponent(s)!

Now, onward to Bob the Builder's specials.

His Neutral Special is "Bricks and Mortar"

Being a mason as well, this is a bit of a three-part setup move similar to Ms. Frizzle's Neutral Special. In this move, Bob will first get some bricks. Then, he will get a jar of mortar and a trowel. Finally, he will lay one brick down with the mortar and trowel. This move is the slowest. But, when proved effective, Bob can create a brick wall for defense. However, the wall only has limited strength before it decreases. So, use this move wisely because your opponent(s) can easily punish you for using this move!

His Up Special is "Elevator Ride".

You may have noticed in Bob's reveal trailer that this is the only move in his moveset that references the 2015 reboot. In this move, Bob boards an elevator and simply rides upwards. It has super good vertical reach but gives off no damage and is very easy to gimp/spike. There's no real way to mix up recoveries when using this move.

His Down Special is "Jackhammer Time!"

This is the strongest move of Bob's moveset. Simply, the builder himself will gain a helment and board a jackhammer. Bob will ride the jackhammer for a few seconds and will cause a lot of damage to his opponents.

We cut to Bob the Builder using the move on Dash on the PTV Park stage to show that Bob does not have to ride it and its spiking capabilities.

The jackhammer can even go off stage and spike opponents as shown here!

Then, it shows Bob using the move again on the PTV Park stage showing the disadvantage of staying with the move.

Unfortunately, you cannot move cancel out of this as it will be continuous for the few seconds you use it! Be wise when using this move!

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Bob the Builder and Ms. Frizzle on the Bobsville Castle stage.

Now, that we covered her moveset, here is his taunt.

Bob the Builder does his taunt.

It seems like Bob has his team here to cheer him on! Now, let's take a look at Bob's alternate costumes!

We see him in his Prince Outfit from Knights of Fix-A-Lot, his Cowboy Outfit from Built to Be Wild, his Winter Outfit from Snowed Under and his appearance from the 2015 reboot.

Bob seems to have done so much, he needs to have the right clothes for the occasion!

We have:

• Bob as Prince Bob from the Bob the Builder special, Knights of Fix-A-Lot.
  • Bob in his cowboy outfit from the Bob the Builder: Project Build-It special, Built to Be Wild
  • Bob in his winter outfit from the Bob the Builder special, Snowed Under
  • And Bob's appearance in the 2015 reboot.

Finally, we will take a further look at Bob's homestage being none other than Bobsville Castle!

It cuts to footage with gameplay footage of Bob the Builder and Ms. Frizzle on the Bobsville Castle stage.

This stage is a location only seen once in the Bob the Builder special, Knights of Fix-A-Lot! This stage has the castle towers as the platforms but also has a ground section. You can also see various characters from Bob the Builder appear in the background as well.

We then see Bob's team at work with each coming when the narrator says what they do.

Watch out for Bob's team as they will come do work and act as hazards. Scoop and Muck dump rocks, Dizzy pours cement, Lofty has an extra platform for you to use and Roley simply squishes you flat!

We see footage of the castle towers being destroyed after Bob lands on it and its rebuild function with the team coming to build it.

Sometimes, parts of the castle will crumble if landed on for too much or take too much damage, but don't worry, can they fix it?.....Yes. It. Can! The castle structures will be rebuilt by the team shortly after breaking.

It now cuts back one final time to gameplay footage of Bob the Builder and Ms. Frizzle idling on the Bobsville Castle stage.

Now that we have covered everything, can we see Bob win it? Yes! We! Can! in a real match!

It then cuts to the Bob the Builder vs Miss Frizzle pre-battle screen. Then, it cuts to the battle showcasing Bob's stage entrance with him riding in on Scoop, the Bobsville Castle stage and footage of Bob the Builder in action. Bob wins and it cuts to the victory screen with Bob the Builder doing his victory animation and Miss Frizzle clapping.

That is Bob the Builder in action! We hope you enjoyed this video of the first Learners Pass Vol 1. fighter being shown off and we hope you look forward to the other videos in the Meet the Fighters! series as well as additonal showcases for other DLC fighters as well for PBS Kids: Brawltime!!!

Video cuts to black screen with copyrights and all with the ending to the original Bob the Builder theme playing.

I'm glad to be back on this as I encourage you all to not only write the remaining Meet the Fighters scripts but also presentation scripts as well! I have a fun idea for how the Championship Circuit and Sponsorship Packs would be introduced!

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
Should have submitted this earlier, but.....

Playhouse Disney

This is normally something I wanted to save until like near the end of Learner's Pass, Vol 2, but I figured I'd submit another kids' channel of the old days that's just as popular as PBS Kids itself! Home to many award winning shows, like Jojo's Circus, Little Einsteins, The Wiggles, Higglytown Heroes, Rolie Polie Olie, Stanley and Bear in the Big Blue House, This is one that, could bring TONS of potentially fun content to PBS Kids Brawltime!

In terms of the actual content, it can be the usual, new fighter, new assists, stages and items from Playhouse Disney shows.

For Story Mode chapter?.......well.......it's quite the mystery!

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
World Masterpiece Theater

I'm gonna be honest here, I do actually want some anima representation in PBS Kids media, it would just be a lot of fun and it can fit into what animation styles are popular today.

Content? Self-explanatory, new fighter, stages, assists and items, yadda yadda yadda ;)

Story Mode chapter? That is kind of a tricky part, but maybe something involving the whole PBS Kids world going all anime for a moment?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Man...we got two submissions today! But, I would like to announce I am leaving this job open till Monday! There are still some categories I am surprised no one has nominated yet.

darkvortex darkvortex
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
AlRex AlRex
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
FazDude FazDude
[IMG alt="Paraster"]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/411/411941.jpg?1642562441[/IMG] Paraster
[IMG alt="Tekken_Guy"]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/234/234938.jpg?1644219535[/IMG] Tekken_Guy

Calling all past contributors! This is your chance to contribute a category to the guest character job! If you have any questions, please pose them in the thread and tag me. Thanks!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Ham with Jam? Interactive Book
2. Pizza Server

Alright, here comes the exciting part........

Job 354: Well, we've come so far now, and we've finally reached that territory, an exciting one, to say the least. That's right, we're FINALLY GOING TO BE ADDING OUR FIRST GUEST FIGHTER TO PBS KIDS: BRAWLTIME! Yes, we're finally going to be adding characters from kids' shows and media outside of and not really owned or affiliated with PBS Kids! For this job, you are to submit a TV channel, block or any other major media outlet made towards kids! Here are some things to consider when submitting to this job:

• Post a picture of something representing that category whether it would be the logo of that TV channel, characters that fit in the category, etc.
  • Explain a bit about your choice and why it should be the first category for our first guest character.
  • Give examples of potential fighters and other content.
  • Submit up to 3 job prompts for assists, stages and items. (One assist, stage and item job for the guest character will be based on their own series)
  • Describe the story mode chapter for the guest character (you can make it a two-part story mode)
  • Optional: if you want any specific Legacy Skin or PBS Kids Archives prompts to fit into your category.

My submission

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids

Why not we start off our guest star list with a TV channel block that actually had some connections to PBS Kids? While the channel today is known as Universal Kids, the TV channel had its beginnings as PBS Kids Sprout. Back in 2005, PBS collaborated with Sesame Workshop, HiT entertainment, and ironically, Comcast, to create an Offshoot channel to the PBS Kids channel, to which Sprout was born. The channel featured a mix of some PBS Kids show as well as various syndicated shows designed for Preschoolers. In 2011-2013. NBCUniversal gradually bought out the channel and claimed it to their full ownership, to which it was rebranded as Universal Kids in 2017. From there, the channel prioritized airing much of Universal's kid content, ranging from Netflix Dreamworks shows to many others.

Some fighters we could add from this block could be from shows range from non-PBS Kids shows that were syndicated on it from the Sprout era to Dreamworks Netflix shows that occasionally air on Universal Kids from time to time. We could also add some additional stages and PBS Kids Archive content from other franchises from the channel that may not be eligible to get fighters.

In terms of the assists, stages or items, we could ALSO from other franchises from the channel that may not be eligible to get fighters, there's lots of possibility here when you think about it.

In terms of the story mode chapter for the guest fighter, It could be something along the lines of a character from the channel finding out about the PBS Kids world somehow, and being transported to the PBS Kids fighters through a very magical portal of sorts, but that's just the basics down, how Sprout/Universal Kids could connect to the game's overall lore can be taken in many, many directions.

We could also have Legacy Skins of the PBS Kids Fighters cosplaying as characters from the Sprout/Universal Kids channel, because, why not? I would be tons of fun, trust me.
Ok, I apologize for being so late this time with my submission as real-life stuff got in the way. As much as I love Pop's idea of our first guest fighter coming from PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids, I have a different idea up my sleeve inspired by Pop himself.

Other Kids Media That Can Work as PBS Kids Shows

View attachment 383148

This idea was suggested by Pop a while back when we first discussed DLC in this thread. Ever since it was proposed, I am a huge fan of the idea and want to propose it for our first guest DLC character. While PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids may be a great idea due to PBS Kids's connection with the network's making...what if the first guest character were from a different universe, a miscellaneous kids media world comprising of many characters from childhood favorites from books to even YouTube videos? I mean...sure Frog and Toad got some stop motion shorts back in the 80s alongside a series on Apple TV (which I ADORE the animation style by the way) and the book Bear Snores On appeared in one episode of Between the Lions. Heck, even Little Critter got his own home video series from Golden Books. Basically..this is a way to promote other kids media that can work as either a PBS Kids series or one-time special.

I do feel if the first fighter were from this category...it would provide a lot of shock-and-awe alongside more publicity for that series' publisher and such. Alongside this, it can open up that series to POTENTIALLY get a PBS Kids series in the alternate universe where PBS Kids: Brawltime! is an actual platform fighter and where it is doing super well in the e-sports department.

Some potential fighters that fit this category include Frog and Toad, the Bear from Bear Snores On, Duck from The Duck Song, Katy (Katy and the Big Snow), Amelia Bedelia, Judy Moody, even Little Critter himself. To be fair, this can open the gates as well as shake up speculation too in that universe.

For stages, assists and items:

There will be 4 stages with this DLC:

• One for the fighter based on their series
  • Two based on other pieces of kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows
  • One based on a piece of kids media (well...book) that can work as a PBS Kids show seen in Between the Lions or Reading Rainbow)
There will be 4 assists and items with this DLC:

• One for the fighter based on their series (a character or thing from their series)
  • One based on other pieces of kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows (character or thing)
  • One based on a piece of kids media (well...book) that can work as a PBS Kids show seen in Between the Lions or Reading Rainbow) (character or thing)
  • One based on a piece of kids media that can work as a PBS Kids show that is not based on a book series (could be anything edutainment related) (character or thing)
Lots of possibilities here.

As for the Story Mode, it would be in two parts. Basically, the first part takes us to a dimension where there are other heroes and heroines who are willing to use their educating skills and good values to help others. You see them all gathering for a party as to celebrate them all doing good deeds for so long. Then, however, they realize that the Purple Goo came into their world. With that....this leads to the fighter discovering that this strange creature isn't from their world but from the PBS Kids world. They discover a connection in the multiverse and they team up with the PBS Kids characters to stop the Anomaly. The lore can be taken in many directions.

As for Legacy Skins....

There will be 5:

• One for a fighter on the roster based on a video game tournament/event
  • Three based on other kids media (could be a fighter cosplaying as a fighter, in that art style of that piece of kids media, etc.) Many directions
  • One Premium Legacy Skin like the one we did for Ruff Ruffman
For PBS Kids Archives stuff...

We will probably add any website games but it may be normal ratio because a lot of these pieces of media do not have website games or video games.

HOWEVER....

I have forgotten to mention, there will be a special surprise job regarding our guest IPs later....you will all enjoy it.

Overall, this is a fun category that can definitely get the Brawltime! fans talking. Lots of fun to be had.

For those needing inspiration....here are some guest character categories to consider:

• Characters/IPs with connections to PBS Kids (Veggietales, Peanuts, The Gruffalo, etc)
  • IPs from the PBS adult block (this one may be the trickiest)
  • The Learning Company (they have had a great connection with PBS Kids)
  • Other kids networks (you can just submit one like Nick Jr, Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior, Cartoonito, etc. or just submit it as a generic category)
  • Maybe other edutainment mascots from brands like BrainPOP, Living Books, Jumpstart, etc. not yet given updates in Brawltime!
Get submitting with this helpful start right here!
Should have submitted this earlier, but.....

Playhouse Disney

This is normally something I wanted to save until like near the end of Learner's Pass, Vol 2, but I figured I'd submit another kids' channel of the old days that's just as popular as PBS Kids itself! Home to many award winning shows, like Jojo's Circus, Little Einsteins, The Wiggles, Higglytown Heroes, Rolie Polie Olie, Stanley and Bear in the Big Blue House, This is one that, could bring TONS of potentially fun content to PBS Kids Brawltime!

In terms of the actual content, it can be the usual, new fighter, new assists, stages and items from Playhouse Disney shows.

For Story Mode chapter?.......well.......it's quite the mystery!
World Masterpiece Theater

I'm gonna be honest here, I do actually want some anima representation in PBS Kids media, it would just be a lot of fun and it can fit into what animation styles are popular today.

Content? Self-explanatory, new fighter, stages, assists and items, yadda yadda yadda ;)

Story Mode chapter? That is kind of a tricky part, but maybe something involving the whole PBS Kids world going all anime for a moment?
Alright, it's time to close submissions! As for the remainder of the ABCMouse.com content, my Super Why Legacy Skin as well as the Ham with Jam? Interactive Book and Pizza Server game for the PBS Kids Archives will be added to PBS Kids: Brawltime!

We need to vote on a guest character category. Vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own in second!

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Other Kids Media that can work as PBS Kids Shows/Specials AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23
World Masterpiece Theater IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Now, I have a few Strawpoll questions to ask you all that you can answer via the poll links below:

1. How many guest characters should we have in the Second Learner's Pass?

Guest Character Poll

2. Should we do a free/paid update for guest content aside from our edutainment company updates? So let's say...we do an update based around Nick Jr. content and you have to potentially pay for additional content that is not a fighter.

Non-Fighter Guest Updates

3. Where do you want the Guest Character to be revealed?

Guest Character Reveal Poll

Also....there is a Side Job as well:

Side Job:

Where should the finals be held where we will crown the second Champion of Learning for the second Championship Circuit? Submit your ideas here and use your imagination! You CANNOT submit Virginia given that was last year's Championship Circuit finale location.

My votes:

1. PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids
2. Other Kids Media that can work as PBS Kids shows

Personally, I feel PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids works the best connection wise due to how PBS Kids has a huge connection with the channel. It was a spin-off channel for PBS Kids after all. I was initally hesitant way back when to add Sprout content for DLC but now, I'm all for it. I self-voted for my own idea for second place as that idea can be tons of fun for promotion for those franchises and allow PBS to consider making some of those franchises into PBS Kids shows in that alternate universe.

Playhouse Disney is a fun idea. I'm kind of against other kids networks getting DLC content but....the story mode could have fun interactions such as:

• Lionel and his family recognizing Pooh and his friends
  • Barney and Big Bird reuniting with Bear (reference to that "We are Family" music video from 2005)
  • Hacker thinking Olie is one of his lost minions
  • Bob and Handy Manny working together
  • Marvin joining Jojo's Circus
  • The Wiggles reuniting with Barney
  • Stanley meeting the Kratt Bros
And many more! Plus, it's worth noting that Disney does have some tenuous connections to PBS Kids such as Crush from Finding Nemo appearing on an episode of FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman, Bill Nye the Science Guy being owned by Disney, Luxo Jr. appearing in a Sesame Street segment before Pixar was acquired by Disney and even Barney got his start on TV on the Disney Channel actually when the first 6 Barney and The Backyard Gang videos aired on the Music Box program from 1990 to 1991. Talk about some cool connections!

I never heard of World Masterpiece Theater until I saw the submission. The idea seems very fun as well and the Legacy Skins and Story Mode chapter would be so fun to create. All fun submissions.

Location for Second Championship Circuit Finale:

San Jose, California (San Jose Convention Center)

sj-mcenery-conv-ctr.jpg

It's where Genesis X will be held this year! The convention center has TONS of space for our sponsors to have booths, an artist alley, etc. Lots of space to have an event for sure. California is quite an iconic state and has a lot of history with American e-sports, especially with platform fighters! There's great amounts of housing for our competitors too!

Top Bottom