• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Playhouse Disney
2. PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids

I'm fine with the San Jose Convention Center, I'm just waiting for the 2 unrevealed Rivals 2 Fighters that will be playable at Genesis X.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I am going to give another day or so for votes. Please vote for your top 2 categories but you can only put your own in second!

I'm VERY surprised NO ONE submitted Nick Jr. or The Learning Company as categories. Nick Jr is literally PBS Kids's rival in a way so it makes sense to submit it here.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so the San Jose Convention Center WILL be the spot of our second annual PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale and the reveal spot of the first guest character and final character of the First Learners Pass! Time to reveal the category for our first guest character...

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids: 6
Other Kids Media that can work as PBS Kids shows: 3
Playhouse Disney: 2
World Masterpiece Theatre: 1

It seems that the category PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn submitted won. I will give him the honors of doing the next step which is....time for our last fighter for the First Learner's Pass!

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ON THE STRAWPOLLS BELOW!

Guest Character Poll

Non-Fighter Guest Updates

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Oh boy, this is going to be so exciting......

Job 355:

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for...........and I still can't believe this time has finally come!
Yes, we're finally going to be submitting our FIRST GUEST CHARACTER TO JOIN THE PBS KIDS: BRAWLTIME! ROSTER!!! This guest fighter job's first theme being, of course, PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids! Please submit a character from ANY NON-PBS Kids show show that aired on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids. As with any other character job, please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:

Ty Rux (DinoTrux)

I figured I'd submit a character from the channel's time as Universal Kids, and one that is actually still showing on the channel, despite it primarily being on Netflix, as that would make classifying a guest character a bit easier. Meet Ty Rux, the enormous, but endearing Excavator-Saurus Rex, who is the leader of the DinoTrux, a team of massive machines that are combinations of dinosaurs and construction vehicles who fight off a series of evil machines formed from the evil D-Structs. (Hey, that's one good thing to inspire a story mode chapter for Ty Rux, and Bob the Builder's already there, so....)

I submitted him because DinoTrux is, IMO, underrated and underappreciated. Sure, there are a lot of tings about the show that adults might not be that impressed with compared to what kids think, but you honestly can't deny that the designs of the DinoTrux themselves are pretty darn creative, felling like an amalgamation of dinosaurs and various large construction machinery, often mixing two or more construction machinery in one dinosaur.

Gameplay-wise, the only thing I have in mind is he can fit into the catagory of really big fighters! Essentially, those are fighters who are ridiculously large and have very large hitboxes, making them very easy combo food, but their attacks can deal an IMMENSE amount of damage and knockback. Think of him along the lines of:
Also, one unique aspect to Ty Rux is that having a weight of likely more than 100 tons, he's immune to ALL forms of grabs!, given that there's even grabs to begin with.

Oh, and you better believe that Revvit would appear during some of his taunts, and they could easily bring back his voice actor, Andrew Francis.

And it just came to me that this is the 2nd red character I've submitted in a row, after Carmen SanDiego, lol, coincidence? I think NOT!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Chica (The Sunny Side Up Show/The Chica Show)

75173-chica.jpg

I will have to admit, Pop's submission is very unique and cool but...I am going to submit something from my generation of PBS Kids Sprout where I avidly watched it as a kid. I was considering submitting Star but why not go with the crossover queen herself from The Sunny Side Up Barn herself, Chica? Basically, The Sunny Side-Up Show was a programming block on Sprout that aired from 9 AM to 12 PM that aired a lot of the PBS Kids Sprout programming as it was designed for kids who stayed home from school or got homeschooled. Basically, this block has been on the network starting in 2007 till 2017. Chica was basically the sidehost of the show with a human adult. The show had a lot of interactive segments and a lot of it focused on viewer-submitted content similar to the PBS Kids show, ZOOM. Believe it or not, some of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! fighters HAVE guest starred on The Sunny Side-Up Show such as Barney, Elmo and Big Bird! Therefore, she is the crossover queen! In fact, she got her own show called The Chica Show but that only ran for 2 seasons.

Why I think Chica should be the Sprout/Universal Kids representative is simple...we need more female fighters and she has that PBS Kids connection already. Plus, she's adorable! PBS Kids Sprout and Universal Kids never really had like one mascot for the whole network so there are a lot of fun choices but Chica is the best choice for me!

Chica would be a lightweight since she is a puppet and be a rushdown fighter who emphasized true, cool combos to really put on a show for her viewers. She is a glass cannon but is kind of like Melee Jigglypuff in a way as for being light to keep good spacing from her opponents. However, be careful playing her as she can easily be KO'd!

As for her gameplay gimmick....

Egg Cracking!

Basically, in The Sunny Side-Up Show, Chica would hatch surprise eggs that would lead to clues, games, a joke-of-the-day, etc. For her whole moveset, it can involve various eggs in each of her moves doing different functions. I also think we could do a moveset based around PBS Kids Sprout's history as well with each move involving a character to represent its history. Additionally, I am thinking that for Chica's waveshine, instead of the PBS P-Head, it would be replaced with the PBS Kids Sprout flower to represent that the fact she came from another network (this can apply for ANY Sprout rep). There's lots of possibilities here but I feel Chica is the best choice in my personal opinion.

For those needing help, here is a list of PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids programming (past and future). You have the blocks like The Good Night Show, The Sprout Sharing Show, etc. You can even go with a show that has been heavily affiliated with the network like Kipper, LazyTown, Panwapa, etc. With this being a helpful start hopefully....get submitting and use your imagination!

Last edited:

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
Chloe (Chloe's Closet)

I thought I'd submit another fighter who was prevalent during the channel's time as PBS Kids Sprout, this one being a little girl named Chloe, who plays dress-up with her friends and goes on magical adventures through her closet.

Why I picked her? We could always use more female representation, and I just feel she fits this so well.

Gameplay-wise? I don't have much ideas other than maybe something like a clothes-swap mechanic? Oh yeah, and she can have the Sprout symbol show up during her shield, like what AlteredBeast suggested with Chica.

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
Dot (Dot)

I figured I'd submit someone from the Universal Kids era of the channel too. Here's Dot, she's one very tech-y girl who uses modern technolagy to solve problems and is overall very energetic!

Like the previous two submissions, we can always use more female characters.

Let her use her hi-tech gadgets in the battle!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Oh boy, this is going to be so exciting......

Job 355:

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for...........and I still can't believe this time has finally come!
Yes, we're finally going to be submitting our FIRST GUEST CHARACTER TO JOIN THE PBS KIDS: BRAWLTIME! ROSTER!!! This guest fighter job's first theme being, of course, PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids! Please submit a character from ANY NON-PBS Kids show show that aired on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids. As with any other character job, please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:

Ty Rux (DinoTrux)

I figured I'd submit a character from the channel's time as Universal Kids, and one that is actually still showing on the channel, despite it primarily being on Netflix, as that would make classifying a guest character a bit easier. Meet Ty Rux, the enormous, but endearing Excavator-Saurus Rex, who is the leader of the DinoTrux, a team of massive machines that are combinations of dinosaurs and construction vehicles who fight off a series of evil machines formed from the evil D-Structs. (Hey, that's one good thing to inspire a story mode chapter for Ty Rux, and Bob the Builder's already there, so....)

I submitted him because DinoTrux is, IMO, underrated and underappreciated. Sure, there are a lot of tings about the show that adults might not be that impressed with compared to what kids think, but you honestly can't deny that the designs of the DinoTrux themselves are pretty darn creative, felling like an amalgamation of dinosaurs and various large construction machinery, often mixing two or more construction machinery in one dinosaur.

Gameplay-wise, the only thing I have in mind is he can fit into the catagory of really big fighters! Essentially, those are fighters who are ridiculously large and have very large hitboxes, making them very easy combo food, but their attacks can deal an IMMENSE amount of damage and knockback. Think of him along the lines of:
Also, one unique aspect to Ty Rux is that having a weight of likely more than 100 tons, he's immune to ALL forms of grabs!, given that there's even grabs to begin with.

Oh, and you better believe that Revvit would appear during some of his taunts, and they could easily bring back his voice actor, Andrew Francis.

And it just came to me that this is the 2nd red character I've submitted in a row, after Carmen SanDiego, lol, coincidence? I think NOT!
Chica (The Sunny Side Up Show/The Chica Show)

View attachment 383436

I will have to admit, Pop's submission is very unique and cool but...I am going to submit something from my generation of PBS Kids Sprout where I avidly watched it as a kid. I was considering submitting Star but why not go with the crossover queen herself from The Sunny Side Up Barn herself, Chica? Basically, The Sunny Side-Up Show was a programming block on Sprout that aired from 9 AM to 12 PM that aired a lot of the PBS Kids Sprout programming as it was designed for kids who stayed home from school or got homeschooled. Basically, this block has been on the network starting in 2007 till 2017. Chica was basically the sidehost of the show with a human adult. The show had a lot of interactive segments and a lot of it focused on viewer-submitted content similar to the PBS Kids show, ZOOM. Believe it or not, some of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! fighters HAVE guest starred on The Sunny Side-Up Show such as Barney, Elmo and Big Bird! Therefore, she is the crossover queen! In fact, she got her own show called The Chica Show but that only ran for 2 seasons.

Why I think Chica should be the Sprout/Universal Kids representative is simple...we need more female fighters and she has that PBS Kids connection already. Plus, she's adorable! PBS Kids Sprout and Universal Kids never really had like one mascot for the whole network so there are a lot of fun choices but Chica is the best choice for me!

Chica would be a lightweight since she is a puppet and be a rushdown fighter who emphasized true, cool combos to really put on a show for her viewers. She is a glass cannon but is kind of like Melee Jigglypuff in a way as for being light to keep good spacing from her opponents. However, be careful playing her as she can easily be KO'd!

As for her gameplay gimmick....

Egg Cracking!

Basically, in The Sunny Side-Up Show, Chica would hatch surprise eggs that would lead to clues, games, a joke-of-the-day, etc. For her whole moveset, it can involve various eggs in each of her moves doing different functions. I also think we could do a moveset based around PBS Kids Sprout's history as well with each move involving a character to represent its history. Additionally, I am thinking that for Chica's waveshine, instead of the PBS P-Head, it would be replaced with the PBS Kids Sprout flower to represent that the fact she came from another network (this can apply for ANY Sprout rep). There's lots of possibilities here but I feel Chica is the best choice in my personal opinion.

For those needing help, here is a list of PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids programming (past and future). You have the blocks like The Good Night Show, The Sprout Sharing Show, etc. You can even go with a show that has been heavily affiliated with the network like Kipper, LazyTown, Panwapa, etc. With this being a helpful start hopefully....get submitting and use your imagination!
Chloe (Chloe's Closet)

I thought I'd submit another fighter who was prevalent during the channel's time as PBS Kids Sprout, this one being a little girl named Chloe, who plays dress-up with her friends and goes on magical adventures through her closet.

Why I picked her? We could always use more female representation, and I just feel she fits this so well.

Gameplay-wise? I don't have much ideas other than maybe something like a clothes-swap mechanic? Oh yeah, and she can have the Sprout symbol show up during her shield, like what AlteredBeast suggested with Chica.
Dot (Dot)

I figured I'd submit someone from the Universal Kids era of the channel too. Here's Dot, she's one very tech-y girl who uses modern technolagy to solve problems and is overall very energetic!

Like the previous two submissions, we can always use more female characters.

Let her use her hi-tech gadgets in the battle!
Alright, guest character submissions are closed. It's time to vote. Vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own in second!

Ty Rux (DinoTrux) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick: Super Heavyweight/Giant Character; Resistant to Grabs

Chica (The Sunny Side Up Show/The Chica Show) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick: Egg Cracking/Sprout Iconography

Chloe (Chloe's Closet) CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick: Clothes-Swapping

Dot (Dot) IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick: Usage of hi-tech gadgets

Also...I want to let you all know of the future plans for the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids character, the content of this character's pack will be....

5 stages (1 for the fighter, 4 based on other IPs seen on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids)
4 assists (1 from the fighter's home series, 4 based on other IPs seen on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids)
4/5 items (1 from the fighter's home series, 4 based on other IPs seen on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids)
Our story mode chapter
Cool content for the PBS Kids Archives based on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IPs

5 Legacy Skins (4 based on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IPs and our second Premium Skin)
And....the SPECIAL SURPRISE.

For stages, assists and items, the following categories will be represented in all three of these departments:

1 from the fighter's home series
1 based on a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids programming block
1 based on a Universal Kids IP

Therefore....

Job 356:

Submit a category based on the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IPs that you want to see represented in our collection of content to come to PBS Kids: B
rawltime! It MUST be in relation to the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IPs and must be specific. Give examples of the IPs that fit in the category and why your category should be chosen. It CANNOT be anything TOO broad. Get submitting and use your imagination. The top two categories will be represented and in for our jobs for stages, assists and items.

Votes:

1. Ty Rux
2. Chica

Ty Rux's gimmick just seems super cool to me and I feel if DinoTrux was really reworked...it could be a PBS Kids IP. Self-vote for Chica as she has PBS Kids connections with her crossovers. Plus, she's adorable. I like the submissions for Chloe and Dot but I want our first guest character to be a heavy hitter.

Category for Content

HiT Entertainment/Sesame Workshop Shows that aired on PBS Kids Sprout

This is probably a big category here as HiT and Sesame Workshop were the two partners responsible for creating PBS Kids Sprout in the first place with Comcast and PBS's help. Why not have a category dedicated to the two companies for them being the reason for Sprout's creation? Their content deserves some representation. I guess you have the "Other Kids Channel" category represented in here as well. There's LOADS of shows here you can use. HOWEVER, you are NOT allowed to use any show that aired on PBS Kids. Shows that fit into this category include Kipper, Fireman Sam, Panwapa, Pic Me, Pingu, Play With Me Sesame (yes, I'll count this since the show DID initally air on Noggin instead of PBS Kids), etc. A very fun category here.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Chloe
2. Ty Rux

Category for Content

DreamWorks Shows that aired on Universal Kids

In general, I don't have much ideas for this, but I think representing one of the major sides of the channel's form today as Universal Kids, being the majority of the Dreamworks shows that aired there, would be fun. There's Where's Waldo, for one.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright....so it's time to close voting. I would like to formally announce before moving onto the results, we will be having 2 guest characters in the second Learner's Pass as well as be incorporating paid packs that do not contain a fighter but will be focused on small guest content updates! Now, our first guest fighter....

Ty Rux: 7
Chica: 2
Chloe: 3
Dot: 0 :(

It seems the tyrannosaurus-excavator with a mighty attitude and friendly demeanor, Ty Rux joins as our first guest character! Congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn and his awesome submission! Based on the category submissions, we will be having content from the HiT Entertainment/Sesame Workshop shows that aired on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids as well as DreamWorks shows that aired on Universal Kids so congrats to me and Pop!

Now....it's time for our meatiest stage job wave with you having the ability to submit 5 stages (1 for each job) for Ty Rux's Learner's Pass pack!

Job 357:

Submit a homestage for Ty Rux.

Job 358:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids programming block.

Job 359:

Submit a stage based on an original PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP.

Job 360:

Submit a stage based on a HiT Entertainment/Sesame Workshop show that aired on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids. Note: The show must have NOT aired on PBS Kids initally.

Job 361:

Submit a stage based on a DreamWorks show that aired on Universal Kids.

As for all stages, describe the hazards and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Ty Rux's Home Stage

The D-Struct's Lair and Cave (DinoTrux)

maxresdefault.jpg

A pretty explosive stage and a fun one, it seems we have found where the D-Structs are plotting their next schemes! It's a bit of a walk-off stage and also incoporates features from the DinoTrux toys but you basically fight on the rocks and rubble nearby where the D-Structs plan their schemes. The various D-Structs will come and attack you if you are spotted with a MIGHTY blow! Occasionally, you may see molten lava coming out from a volcano and that can give you some MASSIVE damage so watch out! I do not know much about DinoTrux but yeah, I felt this would be a fun homestage for Ty Rux as he now is intruding his enemies' space with the new fighters he has met!

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids Programming Block Stage

The You and Me Tree (The Good Night Show)

Y_and_M_Tree.jpg

I WAS going to do a whole big touring stage that incorporated EVERY PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids programming block, but I decided to keep it simple by honoring the original and first PBS Kids Sprout programming block, The Good Night Show. Here, you are fighting inside the You and Me Treehouse that is in the Goodnight Garden. This was the primary setting of The Good Night Show during the sixth and seventh seasons. It's similar to Mishima Dojo in a way as there are no walkoffs but the walls are breakable. You will see Nina and Star in the background watching your fight as well as encouraging the fighters to do yoga poses. In fact, sometimes, when Lucy appears, if you attack her, a star will appear of that character's show with a character saying a special message to the Sprout viewers similar in airings of The Good Night Show. There will be other Sprout characters cameoing in the background as it is one big slumber party such as Chica, Patty, Ricky, Curtis E. Owl, Miles and Banjo, Coo, JB, etc. A very fun stage honoring this awesome programming block that I used to watch when I was a kid.

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids Original IP stage

The Noodle and Doodle Bus (Noodle and Doodle)

ezgif-5-c88025e2b8.jpg

Honoring the first long form tv series that aired on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids when the network was celebrating its fifth birthday, it's time to hop on the Noodle and Doodle Bus. The stage is similar to The Magic School Bus stage but has elements of Traffic Jam from Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. It's quite fun as you can fight not just on the outside of the bus...but the INSIDE of the bus as well where you get to assist Noodle and Sean in making crafts as well as seeing the cast of "Doggity's" inside. Each time, you help out with a craft, you get a temporary stat buff!

When you are outside of the bus, you can be hit by it giving you damage as well as the moving road so watch out! You can be KOd from the inside or outside.

HiT Entertainment/Sesame Workshop Show that aired on Sprout/Universal Kids

Benji and Sis’s Bathtub (Rubbadubbers)

MV5BYTk5ZTg1ZTYtMjNhNy00Yzk2LTg5ZTAtYWE1NzdlNDliZDVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk1MjAxNzQ@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

A bit of an obscurer HiT Entertainment IP but it can be fun to add some Rubbadubbers content while we can. Simply put it, your in Benji and Sis's bathtub and the Rubbadubbers are ready for bathtime and you are seen as the new bathtoys to play with! You will see the various Rubbadubbers like Tubb, Sploshy, Finbar, Amelia, and Winona diving into the bathtub causing a great SPLASH that could knock you out! Even Finbar will test your mightyness by sneaking up on you and playfully attack you causing some minor damage! However, if you attack him, the other Rubbadubbers cheer for you seeing your bravery as a nice little fun Easter egg. There are walkoffs on top of the bathtub where you can see Terence and Reg. Also, Tubb's lilypads will appear as platforms for you to hold onto in the bathtub. You can swim in the watersbut not for too long as Tubb may pull the drain and cause you to get sucked in for a KO! It's a fun stage as I do not think we have a bathtub-themed stage yet.

DreamWorks Shows that aired on Universal Kids

Where's Waldo? (Where's Waldo: 2019 Series)

x1080.jpeg

Based on the famous children's books, we have Where's Waldo? as a stage! It's a bit of a traveling stage with a layout based on Halberd making it....not really a legal stage for tournaments but you will travel on some red and white platforms to a various location Waldo has been in the 2019 Where's Waldo? series. Find him, he'll say hello and grant you with a handy item! There are no penalties for not finding Waldo as he will be hard to find. As the stage travels on, finding Waldo will get harder. With that, the handy items he'll hand out to whoever finds him will be super rare and super strong!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

Chloe's Closet

Although she didn't make it in as a fighter, might as well have her show as a stage instead! It's a transforming stage that starts in Chloe's room with walk-offs, and Chloe's there watching the others. From time to time, Chloe's signature closet will open, transforming the stage into all kinds of forms, whether it be underwater with lowered gravity, a garden with flowers that act as platforms or a desert with hilly terrain, and Chloe will dress up for the environment everyone's currently in! After a while, it'll all return to Chloe's room before going to another imaginary world.

Pontypandy (Fireman Sam)

Might as well submit a location from another iconic stop-motion show from back in the day. It's a travelling stage like Delfino Plaza, with occasional light emergency situations bursting out from time to time, such as a building on fire or a collapsing platform, but don't worry, Fireman Sam and his crew will be there to save the day!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

The You and Me Tree (The Good Night Show)

View attachment 383631

I WAS going to do a whole big touring stage that incorporated EVERY PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids programming block, but I decided to keep it simple by honoring the original and first PBS Kids Sprout programming block, The Good Night Show. Here, you are fighting inside the You and Me Treehouse that is in the Goodnight Garden. This was the primary setting of The Good Night Show during the sixth and seventh seasons. It's similar to Mishima Dojo in a way as there are no walkoffs but the walls are breakable. You will see Nina and Star in the background watching your fight as well as encouraging the fighters to do yoga poses. In fact, sometimes, when Lucy appears, if you attack her, a star will appear of that character's show with a character saying a special message to the Sprout viewers similar in airings of The Good Night Show. There will be other Sprout characters cameoing in the background as it is one big slumber party such as Chica, Patty, Ricky, Curtis E. Owl, Miles and Banjo, Coo, JB, etc. A very fun stage honoring this awesome programming block that I used to watch when I was a kid.

Benji and Sis’s Bathtub (Rubbadubbers)

View attachment 383633

A bit of an obscurer HiT Entertainment IP but it can be fun to add some Rubbadubbers content while we can. Simply put it, your in Benji and Sis's bathtub and the Rubbadubbers are ready for bathtime and you are seen as the new bathtoys to play with! You will see the various Rubbadubbers like Tubb, Sploshy, Finbar, Amelia, and Winona diving into the bathtub causing a great SPLASH that could knock you out! Even Finbar will test your mightyness by sneaking up on you and playfully attack you causing some minor damage! However, if you attack him, the other Rubbadubbers cheer for you seeing your bravery as a nice little fun Easter egg. There are walkoffs on top of the bathtub where you can see Terence and Reg. Also, Tubb's lilypads will appear as platforms for you to hold onto in the bathtub. You can swim in the watersbut not for too long as Tubb may pull the drain and cause you to get sucked in for a KO! It's a fun stage as I do not think we have a bathtub-themed stage yet.

Chloe's Closet

Although she didn't make it in as a fighter, might as well have her show as a stage instead! It's a transforming stage that starts in Chloe's room with walk-offs, and Chloe's there watching the others. From time to time, Chloe's signature closet will open, transforming the stage into all kinds of forms, whether it be underwater with lowered gravity, a garden with flowers that act as platforms or a desert with hilly terrain, and Chloe will dress up for the environment everyone's currently in! After a while, it'll all return to Chloe's room before going to another imaginary world.

Pontypandy (Fireman Sam)

Might as well submit a location from another iconic stop-motion show from back in the day. It's a travelling stage like Delfino Plaza, with occasional light emergency situations bursting out from time to time, such as a building on fire or a collapsing platform, but don't worry, Fireman Sam and his crew will be there to save the day!
I was planning on leaving this job open for another day....but for the sake of time, we will continue. My stage for Ty Rux, the Noodle and Doodle Bus and my Where's Waldo? Stage will join PBS Kids: Brawltime! However, we need to vote for a stage based on a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids Programming Block or a show heavily affiliated with a programming block and a stage based on a HiT Entertainment/Sesame Workshop show. Please vote in the polls below!

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids Programming Block Stage Poll
The You and Me Tree (The Good Night Show) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Chloe's Closet PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

HiT Entertainment/Sesame Workshop Show Stage Poll
Benji and Sis’s Bathtub (Rubbadubbers) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Pontypandy (Fireman Sam) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, it's time for assists! This time, Ty Rux will come with 4 assists!

Job 362:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from DinoTrux.

Job 363:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from any original IPs from PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids. This includes any of the original characters from the programming blocks and even some of the TV shows Sprout/Universal Kids made exclusive to their networks with other companies. I'll count something like Panwapa for this too.

Job 364:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids show that came from another country or channel initally. The show must have NOT appeared on PBS Kids initally.

Job 365:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a DreamWorks show that aired on Universal Kids.

Describe what each assist does and its function. Get submitting and use your imagination!

DinoTrux Assist

Ton-Ton

dinotrux_picture_24_ton_ton_by_halonna_dbzuxzl-414w.jpg

The thrill-seeking, positive and incorrigible Ankylodump joins Ty Rux in his arrival to the Brawltime Party as an assist! He would be one of the BIGGEST and HEAVIEST assists in the game as he is a MASSIVE ankylosauraus dumptruck. As an assist, due to his thrill-seeking nature, he'll drive around recklessly causing some big damage. When the assist meter is full, he will pour a full load of big rocks onto the stage causing a bit of an avalanche causing anyone in the way to get some massive damage and then do a massive stunt which can cause some super cool spikes off stage! Talk about one wild guest assist here!

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids Original Character

Mr. Mailman

hqdefault.jpg

He's appeared in The Birthday Show and The Sunny Side Up Show and got his own original series which was one of the first few truly Sprout original series...The Adventures of Mr. Mailman! Basically, since he is a mailman after all....he wants to deliver you the goods. Throughout the battle, he will dissapear and if you do something good like shielding enough times or doing a super cool combo, you will be rewarded with a neat item! When you fill up the assist meter, he will come in on his helicopter and drop you a mail sack FILLED with some really neat items for you to use with a guarantee of one super strong or handy item!

Show from Another Country/Network Assist

Kipper the Dog

MV5BOWE1OTVkMWEtNTQzMC00ZjVlLThkNTgtNzFiNmJkZjdkNGEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._...jpg

The dog with a slipper....yep, that's Kipper! He's from one of the HiT Entertainment shows that has stayed on PBS Kids Sprout for a decade ever since the network first aired in 2005. Basically, being the care-free dog and how he truly embodies the meaning of carpe diem, he will simple explore the stage's territory and simply do what he does...be care-free and selfless. Not only will he benefit the fighter he is assisting but even give a small benefit to other fighters as well on occasion but not all the time. However, when the assist meter is full, his hoarder side comes into play as he will gather small items for you to use...lots of them from small healing items to more items used for attacking! He will even grab any small projectiles that come from fighters who have projectile based moves like The Zula Patrol, Letterman with his Down Special where Kipper can grab the letter O, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood trolley, etc. and give you the projectile to help you use that opponent's projectile against them! He's quite a fun assist and one of the most unique ones based on one of the most iconic HiT Entertainment IPs that aired during Sprout's lifetime.

DreamWorks Show on Universal Kids Assist

Queen Poppy (Trolls: The Beat Goes On)

AAAABWgTr7GbLAuoUVggd7nW0LjWZA0vHZeYbk235A879vaPB5B03XKPmPDZCu206HYt-yzFhIuzyxxAGy_SlpCTpD-gLL...jpg

I had a bit of trouble finding another DreamWorks IP that COULD fit the nature of PBS Kids: Brawltime! and did not want to open the floodgates a bit TOO much but I feel the Trolls IP is very preschool/children IP-esque to fit into Brawltime! Therefore, have the queen of the Trolls herself, Queen Poppy! As an assist, she will treat you as if you are one of the Pop Trolls. Simply put it, she will occasionally use her happiness and her musical abilities to create a musical shield around you and give you slight stat buffs for not attacking for a while to make the other fighters happy as she wants to get along with everyone! When the assist meter is full, Poppy will now show off another skill of hers...scheming. She will simply target one fighter and REALLY prove she's better than that fighter by nerfing them badly with some sour notes. Therefore, you have the chance to attack that fighter she is taregting. Typically...it would be the fighter with the most stocks and least damage left who she will target but its RNG-dependent.

Poppy will appear as she does in Trolls: The Beat Goes On in PBS Kids: Brawltime! compared to her appearance in the Trolls movies.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
DinoTrux Assist

Skya

This strong and confident Craneosaur makes her way to the battlefield alongside Ty Rux! Being the tallest assist in game and just being a crane, she'll often support the fighter she's assisting by craning them back onto the stage when they're about to fall into a bottomless pit or are heading towards the blast zones or she can crane other fighters towards the fighter she's assisting as an easy finishing move!, though she would need to recharge for quite some time after using certain crane moves. When the assist meter is full........she will crane in another fighter and preform a mighty throw that can KO fighters even at low damage percents!

Lily (Lily's Driftwood Bay)

An imaginative little girl who loves to create an imaginary world of fun from things she collects on her beach. As an assist, she'll offer the fighter she's assisting some items she found at the beach to use as throwing items that deal minimal damage. When the assist meter is full, she functions like Villager and Isabelle's final smashes!, building a sandcastle with sand and shells she found on a opponent she grabs that explodes a short time later.

Odlulu (Where's Waldo?)

With the Where's Waldo stage in, and considering the fact that it's a Dreamworks show, AND assuming that she doesn't appear in the stage already, I might as well submit the somewhat-mischievous but misunderstood Odlulu! As an assist, she functions kind of like Tac in SSB3DS's Smash Run, being able to steal items and stats from other fighters, making their stats weaker, before running off with them all over the place and being very fast! Making it harder to catch up with her to retrieve whatever she stole from fighters. When the assist meter is full, she'll actually steal a whole MOVE from fighters which is represented with an orb, red for a special attack, green for a standard attack, blue for a shield or grab, gray for jump or white from random. You won't be able to tell what move she stole until you try to use it, in that case, nothing happens.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
DinoTrux Assist

Ton-Ton

View attachment 383766

The thrill-seeking, positive and incorrigible Ankylodump joins Ty Rux in his arrival to the Brawltime Party as an assist! He would be one of the BIGGEST and HEAVIEST assists in the game as he is a MASSIVE ankylosauraus dumptruck. As an assist, due to his thrill-seeking nature, he'll drive around recklessly causing some big damage. When the assist meter is full, he will pour a full load of big rocks onto the stage causing a bit of an avalanche causing anyone in the way to get some massive damage and then do a massive stunt which can cause some super cool spikes off stage! Talk about one wild guest assist here!

Kipper the Dog

View attachment 383774

The dog with a slipper....yep, that's Kipper! He's from one of the HiT Entertainment shows that has stayed on PBS Kids Sprout for a decade ever since the network first aired in 2005. Basically, being the care-free dog and how he truly embodies the meaning of carpe diem, he will simple explore the stage's territory and simply do what he does...be care-free and selfless. Not only will he benefit the fighter he is assisting but even give a small benefit to other fighters as well on occasion but not all the time. However, when the assist meter is full, his hoarder side comes into play as he will gather small items for you to use...lots of them from small healing items to more items used for attacking! He will even grab any small projectiles that come from fighters who have projectile based moves like The Zula Patrol, Letterman with his Down Special where Kipper can grab the letter O, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood trolley, etc. and give you the projectile to help you use that opponent's projectile against them! He's quite a fun assist and one of the most unique ones based on one of the most iconic HiT Entertainment IPs that aired during Sprout's lifetime.

Queen Poppy (Trolls: The Beat Goes On)

View attachment 383775

I had a bit of trouble finding another DreamWorks IP that COULD fit the nature of PBS Kids: Brawltime! and did not want to open the floodgates a bit TOO much but I feel the Trolls IP is very preschool/children IP-esque to fit into Brawltime! Therefore, have the queen of the Trolls herself, Queen Poppy! As an assist, she will treat you as if you are one of the Pop Trolls. Simply put it, she will occasionally use her happiness and her musical abilities to create a musical shield around you and give you slight stat buffs for not attacking for a while to make the other fighters happy as she wants to get along with everyone! When the assist meter is full, Poppy will now show off another skill of hers...scheming. She will simply target one fighter and REALLY prove she's better than that fighter by nerfing them badly with some sour notes. Therefore, you have the chance to attack that fighter she is taregting. Typically...it would be the fighter with the most stocks and least damage left who she will target but its RNG-dependent.

Poppy will appear as she does in Trolls: The Beat Goes On in PBS Kids: Brawltime! compared to her appearance in the Trolls movies.
DinoTrux Assist

Skya

This strong and confident Craneosaur makes her way to the battlefield alongside Ty Rux! Being the tallest assist in game and just being a crane, she'll often support the fighter she's assisting by craning them back onto the stage when they're about to fall into a bottomless pit or are heading towards the blast zones or she can crane other fighters towards the fighter she's assisting as an easy finishing move!, though she would need to recharge for quite some time after using certain crane moves. When the assist meter is full........she will crane in another fighter and preform a mighty throw that can KO fighters even at low damage percents!

Lily (Lily's Driftwood Bay)

An imaginative little girl who loves to create an imaginary world of fun from things she collects on her beach. As an assist, she'll offer the fighter she's assisting some items she found at the beach to use as throwing items that deal minimal damage. When the assist meter is full, she functions like Villager and Isabelle's final smashes!, building a sandcastle with sand and shells she found on a opponent she grabs that explodes a short time later.

Odlulu (Where's Waldo?)

With the Where's Waldo stage in, and considering the fact that it's a Dreamworks show, AND assuming that she doesn't appear in the stage already, I might as well submit the somewhat-mischievous but misunderstood Odlulu! As an assist, she functions kind of like Tac in SSB3DS's Smash Run, being able to steal items and stats from other fighters, making their stats weaker, before running off with them all over the place and being very fast! Making it harder to catch up with her to retrieve whatever she stole from fighters. When the assist meter is full, she'll actually steal a whole MOVE from fighters which is represented with an orb, red for a special attack, green for a standard attack, blue for a shield or grab, gray for jump or white from random. You won't be able to tell what move she stole until you try to use it, in that case, nothing happens.
Based on the stage polls, the You and Me Tree and Benji and Sis's Bathtub will join the collection of stages to come with Ty Rux so congrats to me! Also, my assist for original Sprout characters being Mr. Mailman will join the collection of assists. Don't worry, I plan on updating the opening page soon, just life is busy. But, we have to vote on assists now!

DinoTrux Assist Poll
Ton Ton AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Skya PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Other Country/Channel Show Assist Poll
Kipper the Dog AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Lily (Lily's Driftwood Bay) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

DreamWorks Show on Universal Kids Assist Poll
Queen Poppy (Trolls: The Beat Goes On) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Odlulu (Where's Waldo?) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, it's time to go on to....you guessed it, items!

Job 366:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from DinoTrux.

Job 367:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from any of the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids programming blocks or any PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids show that is heavily affiliated with one of the programming blocks.

Job 368:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from an original PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP.

Job 369:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from any PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids show that came from another country or another TV channel. The show must have had NOT initally aired on PBS Kids.

Job 370:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from a DreamWorks show that aired on Universal Kids.

Describe what each item does as usual.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

DinoTrux Item

Rotilian Reptool Toolbox

daec6550327b89da054e1e8198c6f343.png

This is kind of an original item and not really as I envision this being similar to the Pokeball Pokémon in the Smash games. Basically, a prehistoric-looking toolbox will fall and you will get a Reptool to assist you. There are four different possibilities.

• Revvit (which would be the most common Reptool to appear out of the box) and you can use him by attacking your opponents with his flat head and even give you a tail bump to give you a slight stat boost.
  • Buzz who will shoot out tool bits from his back and tend to attack in an upward motion.
  • Click-Clack who will attack by falling downward causing some knockback with the tool head on his head
  • Hudnut (the rarest of the Reptools) will go all in and really get to work due to his bravery. Once he's on an opponent, he will get to work!
They will only be out for a few seconds and you can pick them up and throw them at the opponent you want them to attack! However, your opponents can KO the Reptools so be very careful!

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids Programming Block Item

Wiggly Waffle Stack (Sprout's Wiggly Waffle)

ezgif-3-db5d43ec23.jpg

We finally get some form of representation for The Wiggles themselves being the title food from their programming block, a stack of Wiggly Waffles! Basically, it's a healing item with a stack of five waffles topped with some fruits and syrup. You can consume it and it will heal about 10-15% of your damage as Wiggly Waffles are a GREAT way to start your day! In fact, not only will you get healed but you will also be in a bit of a dance-like frenzy where you will be able to combo a bit better for a few seconds as The Wiggles do like to dance their food off after they eat!

Original PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP Item

Smoothie Machine (Astroblast!)

maxresdefault.jpg

This item can be used as BOTH an offensive and healing item! This is from a Sprout show that was produced alongside Scholastic Media too so how fun! Basically, when a fighter sees this item spawn on the battlefield, you simply can attack it to let the smoothie go everywhere and basically attack your opponents. If you use it enough on your opponents, you can freeze them temporarily as you would have given them a brain freeze. You can use it as a healing item if you stand by the machine and drink it to heal some of your health. However....if you drink too much, you will get a brain freeze as well! A heavy risk/reward item!

Another Country/Channel Show Item

Pingu's Fishing Rod (Pingu)

dfzzybn-896bb761-413f-4291-8693-c1ce6de1d71b.jpg

Why don't we add this item from another one of the stop-motion shows that HiT did have a hand in braodcasting and home video rights...plus this penguin is a meme himself? Basically, an opponent can grab the fishing rod and cast it out to grab a fighter more easily to reel them in. If you throw it off stage, you might reel in a huge fish which can flop on the stage to cause more damage! How you use it is up to you but this item can easily be broken if attacked.

DreamWorks Show on Universal Kids Item

Unfreeze Wanderer Key (Where's Waldo?)

ezgif-4-9ade70c9ae.jpg

I'm going for triple representation for Where's Waldo? here but...anywho, this item can be handy in team battles as well for yourself. If your teammate or...if your REALLY feeling generous is frozen from an ice-themed item, you can unfreeze that fighter. HOWEVER, you can refreeze your opponent with this key by simply attacking them with it and they will turn into stone for at least a few seconds until you unfreeze them. It works at any time similar to this key's function in the Where's Waldo? series.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so I'm pretty much fine with everything AlteredBeast submitted (Especially the Wiggly Waffle Stack, to which we would technically also have some Playhouse Disney representation), but I got one:

Another Country/Channel Show Item

Roary the Racing Car

Hailing from another British stop-motion show produced by the Bob the Builder guys, Roary zooms in to help out the others on the battlefield! As a stylistic choice here, Roary will only be the size of a toy car! Once you grab and throw him, he'll scurry along the stage like Bombchu damaging anyone in his path and will grab an item and then drive back to hand it to the fighter who activated him originally!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
All the items are awesome and will be added to Ty Rux's update! But, for the sake of continuing this thread and keeping it going...it's time for our moveset job!

Job 371:

Create/design a moveset for Ty Rux. Keep in mind that his gimmick/quirk/hook/whatever you want to call it focuses on Ty Rux being the biggest fighter in the game and being resistant to grabs. He will be similar to a character like Iron Giant in MultiVersus or Plankton in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2. Get writing and submitting and remember to use your imagination!

I may potentially work on a moveset but have not yet gotten a chance to start it. Maybe I'll get to it soon and post it tomorrow or at some point during this upcoming week.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I'll whip up something quick for Ty Rux then.

Ty Rux
Series: DinoTrux
Debut: "Ty and Revvit" (August 14, 2015 on Netflix; April 8, 2019 on Universal Kids)

Ty-Rux.png

"Let's Trux it up!"

Ty Rux is a super heavyweight fighter. He overall has super strong attacks that can hit like....well, a truck given Ty Rux is a DinoTrux and his attacks just have massive hitboxes that take up a lot of range. His moves also have a lot of endlag to them as well. He is the heaviest and most massive fighter in PBS Kids: Brawltime! which means he can survive a lot of attacks. But, due to his ginormous size, he will be combo food due to his large hurtboxes. He also does not have a super high jump and can not go that fast so he is a fighter that needs to be aware of how long its gonna take to attack before being comboed. Alongside thisl, due to being a character not from PBS Kids, his trap is in the form of the Universal Kids circle logo to represent his new home network.

Gimmick:

Big Body

As said before, Ty Rux is the HUGEST fighter in the game and fits into the genre of really big fighters in platform fighters! He is immune to grabs from the traps so don't think about grabbing him! Him just being a really big fighter by itself is quite the gimmick as that archetype is very gimmicky.

Light Up: Super Head Bash!

Ty Rux will simply fling his head up and send opponents soaring upward. This is the quickest of the light moves but...not by much. The stronger variant REALLY sends your opponents flying for sure!

Light Neutral: Wrecking Ball Wham!

Ty Rux uses his iconic wrecking ball and whacks it at his opponents similar to like he does to the D-Structs. When using this move, it covers good range and has a sweet spot causing MASSIVE knockback. The stronger variant simply takes more time to charge...and then WHAM! Lots of damage will be given to any opponents in the way!

Light Up: Victory Dig

With his mouth, Ty Rux will go down and dig a REALLY BIG hole causinghis opponents to be flown upward as Ty Rux's head goes up! The stronger variant is super powerful and causes for even a BIGGER dig to be performed!

Neutral Special: Harpoons Away!

Knowing he has lots of tools up his sleeve, Ty Rux will launch harpoons from his tail. You hold the special button for however long you need to find the trajectory for your harpoons to be launched at. Then, when you are ready, you let go of the button and harpoons are launched! They will give your opponents a good amount of damage and the more straight you throw them, the more damage you will get out of them on your opponents. This is one of Ty Rux's moves which involves a projectile and many of them at once, as a matter of fact!

Up Special: Anchor Launch

To aid him in recovery, Ty Rux will simply throw up an anchor to the ledge (think like a tether grab to ledge in the Smash games) and will allow Ty Rux to recover. It's a super good move if you need to recover. However long you hold the button you set to do your special moves will determine the distance the anchor travels from Ty Rux's tail. It is also important to note that any opponents in the way of the anchor's launch will get hit! The anchor also has a bit of a spike box and can be used for attack if you want to throw it off stage, but it's not the most reliable move for spiking your opponents. Once you use the recovery, the anchor will need time to recharge so be careful for when you set off your anchors.

Down Special: Smoke Screens in Action

Another one of Ty Rux's tools, he simply willuse the smoke screens from his tail to temporarily hide him. The smokescreens are HUGE and allow for Ty Rux to be not seen. This move is perfect for team battles if you have Ty Rux on your team. The smokescreens do take a while to set up. But, once they do, you can perform some sneak attacks if need be. It's a handy move if given enough time!

Entrance:

Ty Rux just rolls onto to the scene casually and says "Let's Trux it up!"

Taunt:

Revvit is seen climbing onto Ty Rux and Ty Rux gives him a high five, as they are best buds!

Victory Animation:

Ty Rux spins aroind proudly and then says "Now...I've won! Once...and for all!"

Losing Animation:

We see Ty Rux clapping for his opponents given he is at peace with all the fighters and just wants a good fight.

I had to do a bit of research on Ty Rux and DinoTrux so here you all go! Also, for assists, Skya, Kipper the Dog and Odlulu will be joining Mr. Mailman for the collection of assists coming with Ty Rux so congrats to me and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, I must say, I actually WAS going to submit a moveset for Ty Rux, but real life stuff has kinda gotten in my way recently, and AlteredBeast's moveset is ALMOST close to what I had in mind for him, that's kinda eerie if you ask me. Anyways, we can move on when it's time.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my moveset for Ty Rux will be added. Now, onto Ty Rux's Learning Book Set and Story Mode Chapter!

Job 372:

Write a Learning Book set for Ty Rux.

Job 373:

Submit a DLC story mode chapter focused on Ty Rux. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Since Ty Rux is a guest character however... I challenge you all to write a special chapter for him as, he is a guest character after all and deserves some form of special treatment. Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination!

Learning Book Set for Ty Rux:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • A More Powerful WHAM! (Ty Rux's Light Neutral will come out faster and have some more damage on it!)
    • Faster Anchor Launch (For his Up Special, Ty Rux will simply have his anchor come out faster!
    • Diggin' It Well! (For his Light Down, it will come out faster and Ty Rux will dig bigger holes causing more damage!)
    • Faster Head Bash (For his Light Neutral, Ty Rux will do it faster and a bit stronger!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • Harpoons Away! (Now, Ty Rux will have more harpoons to launch causing more damage for his Neutral Special!)
    • Let's Trux it Up! (Now, Ty Rux gains a stat buff to assist him, courtesy of the DinoTrux and the Reptools!)
    • Longer Smoke Screens (For his Down Special, Ty Rux's Smoke Screens stay out for longer!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Anchors Farther Away! (Ty Rux's Up Special will go farther lengths and cause more damage if an opponent is in the way of it!)
    • The True Head Bashing! (For his Light Neutral, Ty Rux can spam it way more easily now!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Super Armor for Ty Rux! (Now, similar to his power up in DinoTrux, Ty Rux gains super aromr to REALLY make him stay grounded and he is invincible for a few seconds!)
I will probably write a story mode chapter for Ty Rux. It's just I want to give other people a chance and my idea for a chapter is a little more lengthy, per se.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I haven't done this in a long time, but I feel soooooo ready for this, here goes!

DLC Story Mode Chapter for Ty Rux

When one D-Structs, a very special team comes to fix it!

The story mode chapter starts off in the neon gaming city with all the PBS Kids characters doing their usual modern things in the city, we see Barney and Arthur playing in a huge arcade room, Xavier and his sister and friend are praticing their skills at VR, and the Teletubbies are serving delicious Tubby Ramen and Tubby Brentos to all the good people out there. We then cut to Betsy and her whole Kindergarten class all zipping their way to Ms. O'Connor's class, when they all noticed that one of the skyscrapers in the city has been destroyed.

Betsy: Oh no.......

Betsy and her classmates pay a visit to Ms. O to ask what was going on

Betsy: Ms. O, I think we have a problom!

Ms. O: I heard about that too Betsy, whatever is going on, it's certainly not that purple goo thing's doing

Betsy: Well I hope it's not that Hacker guy again!

Ms. O: It's frankly not him either, but I know it's from something that's hiding in the mountains somewhere.....

Ms. O runs a hi-tech scanner to see where the threat was coming from, where it came from and what it even is

Ms. O: Somehow, even I can't really piece together where this new threat came from, but it looks to be some kind of construction vehicle-dinosaur thing. Whatever that thing is, it's certainly not from any other world I ever know!

Flashback to much earlier, we cut to Ty Rux and all his friends all having a tussle against D-Structs in their home land

Ty Rux: Alright, D-Structs, there's no where for you to run this time!

Dozer: and no where for you to hide!

Skya: Yeah! Now you're cornered!

D-Structs: You may have caught me this time, fool-trux! But just you wait until I get to the next leveling of our........

Soon a giant green portal opens just behind D-Structs

D-Structs: Haha! See ya later, Dino-loser-trux! Ahahahahaha! He escapes into the portal

Ty Rux: Quick, everyone, inside!

Ty Rux, Dozer, Skya, Ton Ton and Garby all rush through the green portal to follow D-Structs, when they were all whisked from a Universal Kids portal into the neon gaming city our PBS Kids heroes all resided. Thankfully, all of the citizens were able to make it clear just before the Dinotrux could do any harm to anybody. Ty Rux and the others were quite surprised to see themselves in a strange city, and certainly not something they would have back home

Ty Rux: What is this place?.......it's so......bright and colorful......

Revvit: ...and very playful too! Look at all these people just playing games, rushing around and having fun!

Skya: Right about that, but right now, we need to find D-Structs and where he's hiding!

Ton Ton: Well where will we find his tracks, I don't see any sign of him anywhere!

Dozer: Maybe we could ask some of the little ones down their, they're no Reptools for sure!

Betsy was searching all over the city for clues to who destroyed the building, when she saw the Dinotrux, she immediately went up to ask them

Betsy: ah-HA! So you're theo ne causing all this trouble around this city......

Ty Rux: Now now little one, we're not here to destroy, we're seeking the one who destroys! Uhhh, please tell me, who the heck are you?

Betsy: I'm Betsy, and I'm from Ms. O'Connor's class......

Ton Ton: Ohhhhhh, a little.....something we've not seen

Skya: Well, don't be rude or anything like that, but, sorry little girl, just who are you?.......

Before Betsy could answer, Bob the Builder and his construction team were on their way to fix the skyscraper when they encountered the DinoTrux!

Bob: Well guys, we've come to......Oh my......

Scoop: Oh my.......we've got some new construction vehicles here

Muck: and boy, are they HUGE!!!

Dizzy: Yeah! More vehicles is more helping hands to our aid!

Lofty: Oh my, Dinosaurs!

Ty rux: Uh, no no, DinoTRUX......pleased to meet you local Dinotrux, I'm Ty rux

Dozer: dozer at your service!

Skya: I'm Skya

Ton Ton: Ton Ton!

Garby: You can call me Garby!

Bob: Ty Rux.....hmmmm......say, do you have any clue what caused the destruction of that building?.....

Ty Rux: We do in fact, this must be the work of D-Structs!

Skya: And speaking of which.....

The DinoTrux, Bob's crew and Betsy all spot an army of D-Struct's minions driving in the distance

Betsy: Well if more of these evil DinoTrux, then they could destroy more buildings and more buildings and......

Bob: Well, looks like we've got some work to do! We need to keep those evil machines from doing more wreckage around here! Alright everyone, Can we stop them?

Bob's crew: Yes. We. Can!

Lofty: Uh, I think so Bob!

DinoTrux: Yes. We. Can!.....uhhhhh....what is that again?

another cutscene plays with Bob's crew driving off while the DinoTrux follow behind

We then cut to a platforming section through the outer parts of the city and into the rocky wastelands, playing as Ty Rux, Bob and Betsy with Skya as their assist, while they need to destroy a certain number for D-struct's minions who have quite a lot of health and can deal massive knockback, thought with predictable moves, the next cutscene plays after that certain number is destroyed

Ty Rux: Hmmmmmm.......Sees a big shiny rock and eats it

Betsy: Woah.....that's how you guys make your feast?

Ty Rux: Mmmmhmm!

Revvit: Yeah! Don't you find rocks delicious too?

Dozer: Oh hey! is that......

Bob: A material.......maybe if we collect enough of these, we can use them all to fix the building!

Another platforming section ensues with everyone having to search and collect a set number of materials, the next cutscene plays after all materials are collected

Bob: Well, that should be everything!

Ty Rux: Yeah, I'm glad our first day here went so well, now let's get back!.....

D-Structs: (offscreen) Enouigh!

D-Structs lands in spot

Ty Rux: D-Structs, how we knew you'd be here!

Scoop: So have you been the one causing all that trouble back there!

Muck: Yeah!

D-Structs: Oh don't worry, soon enough, this new land will belong to me, those who survive the wrecking will follow me!

Betsy: Yes! go away, you meanie DinoTrux!

Bob: Enough of your destruction, Dynamite Dino, end of the line!

A D-Structs boss battle ensues, where D-Structs uses some attacks similar to Ty Rux but with some additional attacks and summoning his minions occasionally. When his health is empty, he enters a second phase where on his last energy supply, D-Structs chases the player in a scrolling platforming section, and at the end, he's weakened

Ty Rux: alright D-Structs, now there's no where left you you to run!

The DinoTrux all turn to their supercharged forms to wreck the last of D-Structs power supply

D-Structs: Curse you, meddling machines, this ain't the last you've seen of me! And when I return, I'll.......gets too weak to finish his line and rolls off into the mountains in the distance

Bob: Well, he's just rough and tough.......

Ton Ton: Well, with him gone, does that mean we can fix that...... towernow?.....

Dizzy: Well, what are we waiting form of course!

Bob: I can't agree more Dizzy, so, everyone, and you too DinoTrux, can we fix it?

Everyone: Yes. We. Can!

Another platform segment happens where you need to place the right materials in the right places to fix the skyscraper

After the skyscraper is finished

Betsy: Well, this building's all done!

Bob: well, that's all in a team's work! And thanks to you DinoTrux for helping us on this journey!

Ty Rux: It's been our pleasure!

Revvit: You can count on all of us!

Skya: We'll always be there to fix it!

Dozer: Yes. We. Can help you guys out, always!

Ton Ton: Yeah, we'll always be around for this

Garby: You said it, my friends......

It ends with a cutscene with the DinoTrux all fitted for the neon gaming city, where they all help out whenever construction work is needed around here, as they turned out to be very efficient machines. They also happened to be evry playful machines too, as they too partaked in some of the fun activities in the city too!

The end

Notes:
-I put Betsy in this chapter to make up for the fact I didn't have her interact with anyone in my Betsy story mode chapter
-I HAD to use Bob the Builder, it just made too much sense and there was a movie of modern Bob the Builder that had mega machines, so this LITERALLY makes a ton of sense here.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I WAS going to write a Story Mode chapter for Ty Rux that would have been on a grander scale involving more PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IPs but I like how Pop's Story Mode involves Betsy and Bob the Builder alongside the main focus on the DinoTrux characters. I suppose I'll have multiple of the Sprout/Universal Kids IPs incorporated in some way soon, don't worry ;). Plus, I feel its best to let someone else's work shine so well done to Pop. Now, onto fun event matches!

Job 374:

Submit six DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Ty Rux. Similar to the past two bonus fighters and the six Learner's Pass DLC fighters in a way, I feel the events should be focused on the content that comes with them. So, any event can involve Ty Rux himself, the assists that come with him, stages, items, etc. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

DLC Event Matches that come with Ty Rux:

Event #Extra01: The Brawl to Stop the D-Structs!
Event Description:
Uh Oh! It seems the D-Structs are up to no good at are ready to battle Ty Rux, the other DinoTrux and their new friends! Can you take them down before the Neon Gaming City becomes all destroyed and you fall to their power?
Player: Ty Rux
Assist: Skya
Allies: Betsy, Bob the Builder
Stage: D-Structs Boss Fight Stage (just the first part)
Opponent(s): D-Structs
Event objective: In this event, you simply battle the D-Structs in a no-frills boss battle with Betsy and Bob the Builder as your allies alongside Skya assisting you. However, the D-Structs will hit harder as you have to simply defeat the D-Structs to complete the event match. If you get KOd or self-destruct, you lose the event match.
References: Reference to Ty Rux's Story Mode chapter as well as to the Dinotrux episode Ty vs D-Structs (the Dinotrux finale)

Event #Extra02: A True Slumber Party with a Sprout Reunion!
Event Description:
It seems with Nina and Star hosting a huge Slumber Party for their Sprout friends, they want to help everyone feel welcome! Even Mr. Mailman is here to bring goodies to help you out and maybe the others too. But....can you give each of the guests a proper welcome at the You and Me Tree?
Player: Choice
Assist: Mr. Mailman
Stage: The You and Me Tree
Opponents: Big Bird, Elmo, Barney, Chris and Martin, Ord, Teletubbies, Bob the Builder, Super Why
Event objective: Basically, you need to KO the opponent that shines in the star and says a special blurb when you attack the star that Lucy the Firefly flies too. After an opponent is KOd, Nina and Star will say "Hi (insert character's name here)!" Be careful though, if you attack the wrong opponent, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event.
References: Generic reference to The Good Night Show and how various characters says things to Nina and Star before their show comes on. The opponents are all characters from PBS Kids who had their shows aired on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids. Also, Mr. Mailman appearing is a reference to him appearing on various Sprout programming blocks including The Birthday Show and The Sunny Side Up Show.

Event #Extra03: Prehistoric Passengers
Event Description:
The Noodle and Doodle Bus is always filled with crafting activities. One such craft they have made was T-Rex feet and it seems Ty Rux is intrigued. However, there is another dinosaur who wants the same craft too. Maybe you two can share the fun and both recieve the specially made T-Rex feet from Sean and Noodle?
Player: Ty Rux
Stage: The Noodle and Doodle Bus
Opponent(s): Barney
Opponent's Assist: BJ
Event objective: Simply put it, you must help collect the crafting supplies twice for both you and Barney to make the T-Rex feet. Barney will simply attack you on occasion if you do not hit a crafting supply in time. On harder difficulties, you will need to collect more crafting supplies. If you get KOd, KO Barney, self-destruct or if Barney self-destructs, you fail the event. This is a bit different than your typical event match as you need to be vigilant and kind here.
References: The Noodle and Doodle episode Dino Stomp. Ty Rux and Barney are both dinosaurs. Plus, Barney has aired on Sprout and Universal Kids for a long time too.

Event #Extra04: Dragon On The Trouble
Event description:
Oh no! Things are not looking good for the WorldWide Wanderer Society. It seems some celebrations for the Lunar New Year went awry...but Odlulu got her hands on the wrong dragon and seems to freeze and unfreeze him! If only there is something you can do to save this dragon from Odlulu's troublesome hands and restore justice for the Lunar New Year celebrations?
Stage: Where's Waldo?
Opponent(s): Ord (with stone-themed dark aura)
Opponent's Assist: Odlulu
Event objective: In this event, you need to defeat Ord in a no-frills battle to tame him from the dark aura that the Unfreeze Wanderer Key made him alongside Odlulu being trouble. The Unfreeze Wanderer Key item will spawn a lot so use it to freeze Ord to attack him. Alongside this, you cannot be frozen either by the key. If you get frozen by the key, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event.
Reference: The Where's Waldo (2019 series) episode Little Trouble in Big China. Plus, Ord is a dragon and Dragon Tales did air on PBS Kids Sprout as well too.

Event #Extra05: If Only I.....
Event Description:
Could stop these gooey purple monsters from invading the bathtime fun?! It seems the Rubbadubbers are not having a good time as all of them are having bad thoughts about monsters and evil creatures invading the bathtub! Perhaps you can lend a hand and stop this mess before Benji and Sis come...
Allies: Dash and Dot (representing Benji and Sis)
Stage: Benji and Sis's Bathtub
Opponent(s): 50x Anomaly Minions and an exclusive Anomaly monster mini-boss themed after the Rubbadubbers
Event objective: In this event, it's a no-frills Multi-Anomaly Mayhem against the Anomaly Minions. Once you defeat the 50 Anomaly Minions, you will face an Event Match exclusive Anomaly Monster based on the Rubbadubbers themselves incoroporating attacks such as Finbar's shark jaw, Amelia's diving, Tubb pulling the bathtub drain, Terence shooting soap, etc. If you get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match.
References: Generic Rubbadubbers reference to how the Rubbadubbers imagine scenarios in their head when they say "If Only I...", but the Anomaly sabotage their imaginations and cause their fun to be ruined.

Event #Extra06: Dash's PBS Kids World Tour: The Return!
Event Description:
After sending out more invites for the Brawltime Party, Dash has decided to visit the worlds of other fighters across the PBS Kids multiverse and one special guest who are willing to put on a friendly fight!
Player: Dash (Dot, if the player holds a certain button before selecting the event)
Stage: Depends on the current opponent's homestage
Opponents: Letterman, Bob the Builder, The Zula Patrol (Bula as the character), Super Why, Betsy, Ty Rux, Malik, Zadie and Zeke
Event objective: As Dash, you must fight the 7 opponents in their respective home stages in the order of their show debut on PBS Kids and Universal Kids

Letterman (The Electric Company, 1972) ---> Bob the Builder (Bob the Builder, January 2005) ---> The Zula Patrol (The Zula Patrol, September 4, 2005) ----> Super Why (Super Why, September 3, 2007) ----> Betsy (Betsy's Kindergarden Adventures, January 12, 2008) ---> Ty Rux (Dinotrux, April 8, 2019) ----> Malik, Zadie and Zeke (Work It Out Wombats!, February 6, 2023)
References: None in particular, other than representing the mascot of the channel and documenting PBS Kids' history.

I wanted to do 6 event matches due to the heavy amount of Sprout/Universal Kids content we added. Plus, I tried to add some variety to make up for the lack of a story mode chapter from me. I hope you all enjoy them and don;t be afraid to submit your event match ideas!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so believe it or not, I think I'll go with what AlteredBeast submitted, since they are all interesting takes on my ideas and I love it ;)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my Event Matches will get in. Now, we are at an exciting part...the PBS Kids Archives content having a heavy focus on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids content!

Job 375:

Submit episodes from various PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids shows to join Ty Rux's update. We'll definitely need an episode from Dinotrux alongside some content for the programming blocks, The Wiggles, Astroblast!, Noodle and Doodle, Kipper the Dog, Roary the Racing Car, Pingu, Where's Waldo, and Rubbadubbers. I will also allow other Sprout/Universal Kids shows who do not have any content in the game to be added...but keep the amount of other Sprout/Universal Kids shows without content to a max of 3 please.

Job 376:

Submit 5 website games from the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids website and 3 video games based on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IPs to join the PBS Kids Archives!

Dinotrux:

Ty vs D-Structs

Sprout Programming Blocks:

A compilation of various clips involving various PBS Kids and Sprout original characters, including things like the pilot episode of The Sunny Side Up Show with Big Bird appearing, Barney appearing on the same show alongside clips with Elmo in it.

Noodle and Doodle:

Dino Stomp/It's Movie Time

Kipper the Dog:

The Robot

Astroblast!:

Smoothie Operator

Where's Waldo (2019 series)

Little Trouble in Big China

Rubbadubbers

Train Driver Tubb

Roary the Racing Car

Roary's First Day

The Wiggles

Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga

Sprout's Valentine's Day Dino-a-mite Sing Along

Pingu

Pingu Goes Fishing

Fireman Sam

Fiery Finale

Panwapa

Hello Panwapa Island!

The Many Adventures of Mr. Mailman

Mr. Mailman Goes to Paris

The Sprout Diner

All the episodes starring PBS Kids and Sprout characters except Saguwa

Compilation of PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IDs, bumpers and interstitals and even Coming Up Next bumpers of PBS Kids shows represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that were on Sprout and the Sprout IPs too.

All the episodes based on the Sprout/Universal Kids IPs in the game are self-explanatory as all of them have to do with the pieces of content they came with or were referenced in the event matches. The Rubbadubbers and Kipper episodes are personal favorites. I chose mostly random episodes. I even decided to throw in a surprise for The Wiggles with that one Sprout crossover event starring Barney and Dorothy the Dinosaur. There are lots of different shows for The Wiggles but I went with one from my favorite Wiggles season being the Network Wiggles one (as that's the one I remember the most, watching it on Playhouse Disney as the Wiggles are more Playhouse Disney than Sprout to me.) Also, for my bonus shows episodes, I chose Fireman Sam as its iconic and I remember the episode I submitted that was on a Thomas and Friends DVD I had as a kid. Panwapa is another show since we do not have many Sesame Workshop shows from Sprout in content...but you may see Panwapa represented again here soon ;). Finally, The Sprout Diner gets a surprise compilation as I remember those small segments as a child a lot when I watched Sprout.

I decided to throw in a collection of IDs, interstitals and bumpers becuase why not go all out for Ty Rux's pack? Also, for the programming blocks, I feel its best to have a huge collection of some clips from each block as there are a lot of them.

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids Website Games

Skya's Slingshot (Dinotrux)

Screen Shot 2024-02-10 at 5.58.36 PM.jpg

The You and Me Tree Game (The Good Night Show)

ezgif-4-349f8f3d49.jpg

Waffle Topping Game (Sprout's Wiggly Waffle)

ezgif-4-178b7bce96.jpg

Roly's Game (Kipper the Dog)

mqdefault.jpg

Alffafa's Bike Delivery (The Sprout Diner)

ezgif-5-278625e856.jpg

The first 4 are based on Sprout/Universal Kids shows that got content in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Specifically, the Dinotrux game is based off of our assist, Skya. I also think it would be cook if for the Waffle Topping game, the social media accounts for PBS Kids: Brawltime! will allow players to submit their Wiggly Waffles for a short time and some of them will be showcased on their social media account every week. It would pay homage to the Sprout's Wiggly Waffle block. Also, the final game, Alfafa's Bike Delivery is a game I remember playing as a kid I believe and it's about PBS Kids's own superstar, Barney the Dinosaur!

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids Video Games

Dinotrux: Trux it Up! (IOS/Android)

DinotruxApp-Main.jpg

The Wiggles: It's Wiggle Time! (VSmile)

s-l1600.jpg

Rubbadubbers (PC)

_resize.php.jpeg

We do not have much video games from the 2010s nor any app games in the PBS Kids Archives. Thus, I will add Trux it Up, the Dinotrux app game which I think looks cool. As for the game for The Wiggles, I have great nostalgia for that VSmile game in particular as it was from the Playhouse Disney era of The Wiggles. For my third game...I don't think the Rubbadubbers PC game got released in the US. But....it seems it will get more exposure here in the PBS Kids Archives to show off more obscure products from the various Sprout shows! How cool is that!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my content for the PBS Kids Archives will be addeds so yay to me! Now, onto to Legacy Skins for Ty Rux's pack!

Job 377

Submit 5 Legacy Skins to come with the update coming with Ty Rux. This is a very special update as these Legacy Skins will not be our usual Legacy Skins. In fact, there are certain criteria for them this time.

You will need to submit

• 1 Legacy Skin for Ty Rux of him cosplaying as a PBS Kids or a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids character. The top idea will get in!
  • 3 Legacy Skins for any other of the 28 fighters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! cosplaying as characters from a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP or representing one clearly. You can even do IPs not represented in the game from PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids. If we get a Legacy Skin based on a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP that does not have any content, there will be an episode added to the PBS Kids Archives based on that IP. The top 3 ideas will get in!
  • 1 Premium Skin! Once again, the Premium Legacy Skins are special as in each circuit, there will be one character receiving a skin based around the Championship Circuit. You can do any character other than Ruff Ruffman who already got a Premium Skin and describe how the skin would look so no limits here. There must be something super special about it as this is a "Premium" Legacy Skin that will be free for those who purchased Ty Rux's pack before the Championship Circuit or attended the Championship Circuit finale. Otherwise, everyone else will have to buy the skin for $5.99. These skins will be separate from the Learner's Pass fighters! The top idea will be our second Premium Legacy Skin!

Ty Rux Legacy Skin

Sunny Side Up Ty Rux

001 Sprout Sunny Side Up Lend A Helping Hand (2010)_000614.jpg

So, I was going to do a Legacy Skin for Ty Rux based on a certain dinosaur from PBS Kids. BUT, I thought this idea would be way more creative as birds are just modern dinosaurs...plus, I wanted Chica initally to be the Sprout/Universal Kids fighter anyway. Basically, Ty Rux is colored orange and has a chicken beak and a comb like Chica. Every time he KOs an opponent, the Sunny Side Up Show logo appears in the background with the egg cracking as a cool visual effect! Even occassionally, when using a strong neutral attack, a random egg will crack with a DinoTrux character appearing in the background as a visual Easter Egg with no properties changed to the attacks!

PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP Legacy Skins

Zula Patrol Astroblast! Members

maxresdefault.jpg

Since The Zula Patrol themselves do not have any Legacy Skins yet, why don't they get their first Legacy Skin now based on another piece of kids media about space? Basically, Bula, Multo and Zeeter will all be decked out wearing the suits of the Astroblast team members. Bula will help Comet's suit as well as dog ears on him and will be colored red instead of green. Multo will be Radar and wear green like he does as well as have monkey ears. Finally, Zeeter will be Hallie wearing her suit as well as being colored pink, having bunny ears and wearing goggles. All their attacks will also have Astroblast! visual style effects on occassion based on the show and such giving it that Legacy Skin feel.

Bob the Builder as Big Chris (Roary the Racing Car)

hqdefault.jpg

Given both shows were animated by HOT Animation and both characters did cross over in that one BBC Children in Need music video in 2009, this one HAD to happen! Basically, Bob simply gets Big Chris's outfit as well as his hat and his hair turns black and poofy. Whenever Bob gets a KO on an opponent, a checkered race flag appears in the background with confetti in the background celebrating his KO as if Roary won a race for Big Chris for a fun visual effect! There's not too much here as this is more of a cosplay based skin.

Elmo as Azibo (Panwapa)

Shutterstock_5630152b.jpg

Alright, there is Whoopi Goldberg there back when she announced the show Panwapa at a press conference. Thus, it's cool that Elmo actually did meet Azibo at this press conference. Thus, I knew I had to do this Legacy Skin. Elmo's fur would turn light green and his nose woul dbe blue like Azibo's. Alongside this, the Panwapa logo which are the Panwapa flags will be draped on Elmo's back. Even cooler, instead of Rocco for his Light Down Special, it is replaced with a soccer ball to represent Azibo's love for soccer! Knowing that we barely have any Sesame Workshop Sprout content represented, this Legacy Skin is simple yet effective for more Panwapa content as even Elmo has guest starred on Sprout programming blocks and he deserves to cosplay as a Sprout character here!

Premium Legacy Skin #2

It's Brawltime Showtime Marvin!

marvin_the_tap_dancing_horse_png_by_torrjua11011_dflzwrp-fullview.png

Ok Marvin fans, we heard your complaints about the lack of a Legacy Skin for Marvin. To make it up for them, we have him for our second Premium Skin! He will be there helping out with the fun by doing some fast-talking and a fun dancing demonstration showing his brawling abilities! In this Premium Legacy Skin, Marvin will be decked out in more fancy green and black attire to represent the PBS Kids logo and also have the hair of Dash on him with Dash's eyes. In fact, if you time his Neutral Special JUST RIGHT, you get a cool visual of a fighter from PBS Kids: Brawltime! that appears in the background! How cool is that! He'll even say some fast-talking about each fighter (and yes, this Legacy Skin will be updated beyond Ty Rux to add on to the fighter list of Marvin's fast talking that he talks about at random that appears). Overall, a fun, unique Legacy Skin idea I had.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Oompfh! Sorry I'm late, I was SOOOOO busy with other things lately, but here are some of mine ^^

Chloe's Closet Betsy

I mean, their body proportions are quite similar and I think Chloe's Closet deserves some representation here. Betsy will be cosplaying as Chloe herself! As an added bonus, why not throw in a few of Chloe's imaginary outfits too?

Norman Picklestripes Barney

Just thought it'd look fun. Barney is colored green and gains Norman's hat, Sweater, belt and shoes.

Polly Pocket Molly Mabray

This was frankly a tough one and very random, but I think it'd be fun regardless. Molly dons the outfit of the girl with shrinking powers, Polly Pocket!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

View attachment 384681

Since The Zula Patrol themselves do not have any Legacy Skins yet, why don't they get their first Legacy Skin now based on another piece of kids media about space? Basically, Bula, Multo and Zeeter will all be decked out wearing the suits of the Astroblast team members. Bula will help Comet's suit as well as dog ears on him and will be colored red instead of green. Multo will be Radar and wear green like he does as well as have monkey ears. Finally, Zeeter will be Hallie wearing her suit as well as being colored pink, having bunny ears and wearing goggles. All their attacks will also have Astroblast! visual style effects on occassion based on the show and such giving it that Legacy Skin feel.

View attachment 384685

Given both shows were animated by HOT Animation and both characters did cross over in that one BBC Children in Need music video in 2009, this one HAD to happen! Basically, Bob simply gets Big Chris's outfit as well as his hat and his hair turns black and poofy. Whenever Bob gets a KO on an opponent, a checkered race flag appears in the background with confetti in the background celebrating his KO as if Roary won a race for Big Chris for a fun visual effect! There's not too much here as this is more of a cosplay based skin.

Elmo as Azibo (Panwapa)

View attachment 384686

Alright, there is Whoopi Goldberg there back when she announced the show Panwapa at a press conference. Thus, it's cool that Elmo actually did meet Azibo at this press conference. Thus, I knew I had to do this Legacy Skin. Elmo's fur would turn light green and his nose woul dbe blue like Azibo's. Alongside this, the Panwapa logo which are the Panwapa flags will be draped on Elmo's back. Even cooler, instead of Rocco for his Light Down Special, it is replaced with a soccer ball to represent Azibo's love for soccer! Knowing that we barely have any Sesame Workshop Sprout content represented, this Legacy Skin is simple yet effective for more Panwapa content as even Elmo has guest starred on Sprout programming blocks and he deserves to cosplay as a Sprout character here!
Oompfh! Sorry I'm late, I was SOOOOO busy with other things lately, but here are some of mine ^^

Chloe's Closet Betsy

I mean, their body proportions are quite similar and I think Chloe's Closet deserves some representation here. Betsy will be cosplaying as Chloe herself! As an added bonus, why not throw in a few of Chloe's imaginary outfits too?

Just thought it'd look fun. Barney is colored green and gains Norman's hat, Sweater, belt and shoes.

This was frankly a tough one and very random, but I think it'd be fun regardless. Molly dons the outfit of the girl with shrinking powers, Polly Pocket!
My apologies for not wrapping up this job sooner. Enough time has passed and my Legacy Skins for Ty Rux and Marvin will join Ty Rux's pack. However, we still need to vote for the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP Legacy Skins. Vote for your top 3 and you can put your own in first!

Legacy Skins
Elmo as Azibo (Panwapa)
Chloe's Closet Betsy

My votes:

1. Zula Patrol Astroblast! Members
2. Bob the Builder as Big Chris
3. Chloe's Closet Betsy

I was close to voting for all of my Legacy Skins but I WAS initally planning on submitting Betsy as Chloe. It fits Betsy so well for some reason...plus both characters love traveling to different places. If Pop's Chole's Closet Betsy wins, we will need to find a Chloe's Closet episode for the PBS Kids Archives!

Now....whenever Pop is ready, it's time for the SPECIAL SURPRISE I have hinted at in the past....I hope you are all ready because this is about to be a FIRST for PBS Kids fans everywhere in a way!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Big Chris Bob the Builder
2. Chloe's Closet Betsy
3. Zula Patrol Astroblast! Members

Alrighty then, here goes.........

Job 378: Ok.....this is an idea that actually has been in the talks for quite some time, but now it's finally here! For this job you are to submit your very own idea for a CROSSOVER EPISODE OR GAME with a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP and a PBS Kids IP to be added to the PBS Kids Archives! How it works is that you can EITHER combine one episode of a PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids show episode/game and one episode of a PBS Kids episode/game OR you can make up your own crossover episode/game! Ready to have some fun?, then get submitting!

Here's mine

Xavier Riddle and Chloe's Time Closet as fast as you can!

So we haven't worked with anything Xavier Riddle for a while and we technically don't have any Chloe's Closet representation (yet, if her legacy skin for Betsy makes it in.....), but I think this would be a very fun idea for a crossover episode as One revolves around travelling back in time to meet historical figures and one involves travelling to imaginary worlds. In this episode, something goes wrong with Chloe's Closet, as it seems to be fused with time machine elements which draws her to the Secret Museum, where Xavier and his sister, Yadina and best friend Brad all try to figure out something that's gone wrong with the Museum and why it's infecting other's portals to imaginary worlds and historical times. The rest of the episode can involve the 4 kids all travelling to different historical locations, only to find out that they have been infested with the worlds Chloe has gone to in the past. They all figure out a way to keep the imaginary landscapes from changing history and restore balance to Xavier and Chloe's respective worlds once and for all.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
PBS Kids and PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IP Crossover Episode Idea

Betsy Builds it Up! (A Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures/Dinotrux crossover)

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Ok...so I did have a few ideas, one of them was to crossover Bob the Builder and Dinotrux. But...I do feel I have another crossover idea for Bob the Builder for another kids media IP which is under wraps for now. Since Betsy is in Ty Rux's Story Mode chapter, why not make a crossover episode between the two shows? Basically, this episode is sort of a continuation of the Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures episode, Dinosaur Dynasty where Betsy and her class return there for another field trip as the dinosaur museum will be expanding. Apparently, it turns out there are special construction machines helping with the job being....the Dinotrux (as they somehow got there via some sort of prehistoric discovery by the people there as it would be explained in the episode). Basically, Betsy and her class learn more about dinosaurs and about construction. With Ty Rux and his team hard at work, the DStructs intrude again and want to take over the job. Betsy does not want them to fight....but she does advise them to work together. There is some light violence but still sticks to the style of Betsy's show.

At the end, the DStructs fold and everyone works together similar to how all of the Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures episode have a happy resolution. This would be a fun crossover as it ties in to the story mode too!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so as me and Pop have decided...both of our submissions will be added to the PBS Kids Archives and as special surprises for PBS Kids and PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids fans. As for the Legacy Skins based on PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids IPs, my skins for Bob the Builder as Big Chris, the Zula Patrol as the members of the Astroblast! team and Pop's skin for Betsy as Chloe will be Legacy Skins so congrats to me and him! Now, it's time for a special triple job, two main jobs and one side job!

Job 379:

Since we now have a Legacy Skin and a crossover episode with Chloe's Closet in it, submit a Chloe's Closet episode you want in the PBS Kids Archives.

Job 380:

Like the last Championship Circuit finale, submit a huge game changing enhancement or mode that you want to be demo'd at the 2nd PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale!

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer for Ty Rux. There is a catch given its the second Championship Circuit Finale. Since Ty Rux will be revealed there, his trailer must be some sort of secret surprise at the end of Grand Finals and really must...WOW the audience thinking we would not be getting any sort of guest characters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! in a way.

Chloe's Closet Episode

Do Little, Do Big/Hey Hey He's a Monkey

The truth is, I never really watched Chloe's Closet back when I watched PBS Kids Sprout...but the synopsis for these episodes seemed cute. Any episode works to be honest.

New Game Enhancement/Mode

Brawltime Party! Stage Variants (Learning Champion Form)

Based on variouse Smash mods and what not, why not give the competitive fans of PBS Kids: Brawltime! some more after they did not get any competitively legal stages with Letterman and Ty Rux? Basically, this is going to be a way for more competitive variety in this game for more legal stages in the form of Learning Champion Stages. To start off, there will be 5 stages given this treatment. More stages will get this treatment in future updates which we can do as ajob with every other update.

• Sesame Street (You fight on the rooftops and have the letter/number platforms rotate)
  • Bobsville Castle (Similar layout to Castle Siege without stage hazards in a way, you just fight on the castle with no hazards)
  • The Island of Sodor (A bit of a different stage layout, you fight on an express coach, one of Emily's coaches, a mail coach, a bigger truck or Annie/Clarabel with occassional crates from Harold flying over as platforms but not breakable, they go in different patterns)
  • Magical Events (You fight on a stage layout similar to FD but the windmill spins and there are various platforms in places representing the Magical Events seen on the original stage)
  • EekoHouse (The layout is similar to PS2 but the platforms are slanted a little to represent the roof on top of the EekoHouse)
Ty Rux Trailer

A New Era for Brawling and Truxxing!

After the Grand Finals and before the livestream is over

Host: Thank you all for watching the second PBS Kids Brawltime! Championship Circuit finale! We hope you had fun watching all these amazing players put their skills to the test of brawling it out! And now...

We see a TV static occur on the screens similar to the very first trailer for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

The host looks up.

Host: What's going on here?

The screen has TV static showcasing clips from all the different PBS Kids shows and then it cycles to specifically clips of Sesame Street, Barney and Friends, Kratt's Creatures, Zoboomafoo, Teletubbies, Dragon Tales, Bob the Builder, Super Why, Thomas and Friends, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks, Angelina Ballerina, Boobah, The Berenstain Bears & Sid the Science Kid.

It then zooms out to showcase....a familar looking purple tv seen in old ads.

hqdefault.jpg

(It's like this but without the logo)

We then cut to new footage of The Sunny Side Up Show specifically shot for this trailer with the return of Kevin and Kelly as well as the Chica puppet making a return.

Kevin: Welcome Sproutlets! We have a special guest here today at the Sunny Side Up barn!

Kelly: That's right! We would like you all to meet our friend...Announcer Bunny!

Chica: makes her squeaking sound

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to sayyyyyyy.....we have a very special invite for Dash's Brawltime Party sent into this universe. It seems there are more superstars here who have met some of our guests at the Brawltime Party already and would like to come! It's came a little late buttttt, I wonder who has it in this world.

Mr. Mailman then appears and speaks his gibberish.

Kevin: Well...it seems Mr. Mailman did not have it for us.

Kelly: Where also could it have gone too?

Announcer Bunny: We'll just have to find out!

We look at the TV in the Sunny Side Up Barn to see everyone looking around for the invite.

We then see Nina and Star alongside the other PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids programming mascots in the You and Me Tree House.

Nina: It seems like someone may be invited to a party!

Everyone cheers.

Star: We'll have to look for that invite fast!

We see everyone looking but no luck.

We then cut to a familiar looking bus where Sean and Noodle are looking around for the bus.

Sean: Say...isn't there some Brawltime Party happening soon?

Noodle: I have not gotten any mail and neither have the dogs.

We then cut to footage of a familiar orange dog and his friends.

Tiger: Say Kipper...have you heard of this party everyone's invited to?

Kipper: Hmmm, no idea Tiger. I tried collecting all the small items but no luck in finding an invite.

We then cut to the Wiggly Waffle room with the original Wiggles and their friends.

Captain Feathersword: Ahoy there me hearties! Any luck finding that invite?

Everyone shrugs.

We then cut to a familiar bathtub.

Reg: Rubbadubbers! Rubbadubbers! Has anyone seen an invite for, for, a, a, a, par, par, par, ty, ty ,ty ,ty?

Tubb: Sadly, no Reg.

Everyone frowns.

It quicky cuts to more footage of Fireman Sam and his crew looking around the firehouse, the Astroblast! crew looking for the invite around their spaceship while drinking their smoothies, Pingu and his fellow penguin family members and friends looking around his igloo but no invite, Chloe looking at her closet door but nothing is shown, the citizens of Panwapa Island scrambling to find it but no luck, the Sprout Diner chefs looking around for it in the Sprout Diner and Big Chris looking in Roary's engine and everywhere else but no luck.

We cut to the world of Where's Waldo where we see Waldo and Wenda sent on a mission by Wizard Whitebeard to find that invite.

Then, we see Odlulu causing trouble taking them to a....strange looking dimension that looks prehistoric.

We see a familar looking red tyrannosauraus excavator looking around for that invite and then sees Waldo and Wenda.

Ty Rux: Oh hello! Are you looking for that invite?

Waldo and Wenda both nodded.

Waldo: I'm Waldo and this is Wenda.

Wenda: Our enemy Odlulu sent us here and....

We see Odlulu with the invite.

Odlulu: Nothing will stop me now! I have the invite right here!

We then see Ty Rux wham her with his wrecking ball and grab the invite.

Ty Rux: This invite was addressed to me! A real hero!

They corner Odlulu.

Odlulu: I won't forget this.....

Odlulu vanishes.

Ty Rux: Say...I have never been invited to some party before.

The other Dinotrux gather around alongside Revvit climbing up Ty Rux.

Revvit: Well...what's this invite for?

Ty Rux: It seems I am invited to Dash's Brawltime Party! Now, I'm really ready to Trux It Up!

We then cut to Ty Rux making a pose and it cuts to an introductory screen saying:

Introducing Ty Rux! (Ty Rux makes a pose by the text that is in actually the font of the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids logo as a reference to his home channel as Announcer Bunny says "Ty Rux!")

We then cut to gameplay footage of Ty Rux fighting against Dash, Ms. Frizzle and Barney on The Treehouse stage with a remix of the Dinotrux theme.

Ty Rux: After all, I am one mighty dinosaur! Peaceful but still willing to put up a great fight!

We see him use various moves such as his Light Up on Bob the Builder on Bobsville Castle, his Light Neutral on Elmo on Tickle Me Land and his Light Down on the Kratt Brothers on Zobooland.

We then cut to footage of him fighting against Betsy, Super Why and Lionel on the DStruct's Lair and Cave stage showing off Ty Rux's home stage and its hazards.

Ty Rux: It seems the DStructs don't mind if we fight here...I made peace with them after all!

Also, we see footage of the Rotilian Reptool Toolbox item used by Ty Rux and the others.

Revvit: It seems I came along to this Brawltime Party too alongside my buddy Ty Rux! The other tools were excited to come along as well!

We see the footage of the item being used across various stages by various fighters. Then, we see Ty Rux use his Neutral Special on Dash on the PTV Park stage edgeguarding him, his Up Special on Cliff's Cliff with him showing the harpoons long length and his Down Special on The Island of Sodor specifically on Percy and his mail coaches.

We then cut to Ty Rux having Skya as his Assist showcasing her function as an assist.

Skya: Here I am Ty Rux ready to help!

We see Skya and her function on The Magic School Bus, specifically the part with the dinosaurs as well as on Buster's Videos Postcards against Buster, The Zula Patrol (Bula as the fighter) and Letterman.

Finally, we cut to footage showcasing fighters across various stages trying to grab Ty Rux with their traps but can't seem to grab him.

Ty Rux: I am a machine so my big body really works out so well!

We then cut to footage of Ty Rux in his story mode in a platforming section not revealing too much. We also cut to some funny scenes with Ty Rux whamming Barney with his Light Neutral on the Mother Goose Land stage, The Kratt Bros looking confused at Ty Rux on Animal Junction, Ty Rux chasing Lionel with the Click assist on the Busterfield Library Stage as a joke and Letterman trying to knock out Ty Rux on Letterland due to a bad spell by Spellbinder but doesn't go through it.

As the footage ends and as the Dinotrux theme ends, we cut to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with all the base roster fighters, the 2 bonus fighters, Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Betsy, Super Why, The Zula Patrol and Letterman by it with the addition of Ty Rux being added. As Ty Rux is added to the logo, the little Sprout ditty heard in some PBS Kids Sprout IDs and interstitals plays while Ty Rux is added.

We then cut back to the footage where we see a portal opening similar to the beggining of Ty Rux's Story Mode chapter as Ty Rux and his friends run towards it.

We then see D-Structs trailing behind with his army.

D-Structs: I suppose we'll meet again...Ty Rux. May there be only one true Dinotrux to rule that world at that party of yours....

We cut to a black screen with copyright. We cut back to the host.

Host: Well....talk about a super big collision of worlds! It seems the Brawltime Party has its newest guest and first guest from outside the PBS Kids multiverse, Ty Rux joining the fight! Ty Rux will be joining PBS Kids: Brawltime! very soon as the last fighter of Learners Pass Vol. 1 and there's more to come besides him! Keep on brawling and have a good night! Look forward to more fighters joining the brawl...very soon as well!

This trailer introduces:

• Ty Rux as the last Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter, his moveset and his Big Body gimmick
  • The D-Struct's Lair and Cave Stage, its layout and hazards/gimmicks
  • Skya as an assist and her function
  • The Rotilian Reptool Toolbox as an item and its function
  • Ty Rux having a Story Mode Chapter
  • Hints at the D-Structs playing a huge role in the Story Mode chapter as well as how the Story Mode chapter begins
  • Softly hints at all the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids characters who appeared in this trailer will get content in Ty Rux's pack in some form.

Notes:

• For the YouTube version of the trailer, it will start off with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with all 20 base roster characters, the two free bonus fighters, Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Betsy, Super Why, The Zula Patrol and Letterman by it and it cuts to the TV static with the fast scrolling of clips from various PBS Kids shows represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! via fighter.
  • The trailer is a play on the Smash Bros trailers where many characters fight or try to get an invite. In this case, instead of fighting, they must hunt for their invite in their respective worlds. This trailer focuses on the Sprout/Universal Kids characters as this is a big first for PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • All the old Sprout actors reprise their roles and there is specially shot footage of all the Sprout/Universal Kids shows mentioned here made just for this trailer!
  • Ty Rux on Percy on the Island of Sodor stage is a slight reference to the Thomas and Friends special, Tale of the Brave which is turning 10 this year!
  • Ty Rux with the Kratt Bros is a reference to Ttark from Kratt's Creatures.
  • The only major piece of Ty Rux's content not shown off was his Event Match which is based on a part in his Story Mode chapter.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so now, I feel we will add Pop's episodes for Chloe's Closet as well as my new enhancement to join off at the second PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit and my trailer for Ty Rux will be used so well done to me and Pop!

Well...we made it. We made it through the first Learner's Pass and now we must prepare for the second one! Let's talk about some stuff now in this Discussion Round before we move on to the second Learner's Pass and the future of the PBS Kids: Brawltime thread!

Discussion Questions Round:

Please give your honest and give explaination for your answers when applicable.

1. What do you think of the first Learner's Pass lineup? Who is your favorite/least favorite fighter and why?

2. What did you think of the other content that came with the fighters from other PBS Kids series and such?

3. What did you think about the Sponsorship Packs as well as the other free updates based on edutainment brands? What do you want to see more of from that department?

4. Given that we will have 2 guest fighters in the next Learner's Pass, where do you want to see them placed and what categories do you want the guest fighters from?

5. How do you think we did Ty Rux's pack with him being our first Guest Fighter? Do you like the bloated amount of content approach for guest fighters?

6. What content do you want to see in the future for PBS Kids: Brawltime! in terms of stages, assists, items, etc.?

7. A big idea I had for a while....for the first fighter for the Second Learner's Pass, I want to potentially do an assist being promoted as our first Second Learner's Pass fighter. What do you think of this idea being a big rule being broken? The only assists that would be eligible for promotion are the ones from PBS Kids shows.

8. What other prompts do you want to see for fighters for the Second Learner's Pass?

Get discussing as I want answers to help me plan the rest of the thread.

I'll post my answers hopefully in the next 2 days or so. I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm kinda sad that I only just recently discovered this thread, since the PBS Kids multiverse has become something of a special interest for me over the past half a year or so. Lots of cool ideas here, I'll answer a few of these questions:

The first DLC season has some pretty interesting choices, some nice variety in both well-known and more deep cut franchises. My favorite is the Wombats, because I just love that such a new franchise is given a chance... and I really like the show itself, so that's a plus lol. Ty Rux is a neat looking character, pretty unique moveset and mechanic wise. But darn, I still really wish the Sprout guest was Chica, lol.

As for the two guest fighters in the next DLC season, it would be smart to place them in between the first parties. And for categories, have each one from the other major kids show networks: Nick Jr. and Disney Junior (Hopefully Blue and Bluey are voted as the guests if this is the case... that would be pretty funny, the next guests just being two blue dogs)

Content I want to see in the future... Well, frankly I'm shocked that Nature Cat has zero representation, lmao. I'd say he and Elinor Rabbit are my most wanted fighters in this concept. If the upcoming "Carl The Collector" really impresses me, then I'd also probably be asking for him too.

And hey, go ahead and promote one of the assists! "Realistically," it might make sense to promote Daniel Tiger (being one of PBS' most popular characters, I'd imagine a lot of kids would want to play as him), but would be neat to see Sir Topham Hat finally get the spotlight.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. I think it's off to a great start and I really like it! My favorites have to be Betsy and Ty Rux, since we got someone with totally unique gimmicks and one who's just so obscure, no least favorites tho.

2. They're rad

3. They were awesome, maybe we could so more games put in the PBS Kids Archives, I dunno.

4. 3rd and the last, we DEFINATLY need a guest fighter as our very last fighter. Catagories? Just more characters from other kids' networks, something like that.

5. I think we did awesome with him, I really liked all the content that came with him.

6. not much to say unfortunately.

7. Sounds good to me ^^

8. More female fighters, one more fighter from a modern PBS Kids show.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, time for my answers but first...welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! thread Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun and we hope you stick around for the creation of this awesome hypothetical PBS Kids-platform fighter idea.

1. For the first Learner's Pass lineup, it's very solid. We have a good mix of popular PBS Kids icons like Bob the Builder and Super Why, some obscure names like Betsy, Letterman in a way and The Zula Patrol, a modern marketing pick like the wombat trio and our guest fighter Ty Rux. My favorite fighter from this bunch is probably Bob the Builder as I grew up with the show as a kid. Letterman was fun also for his gimmick. My least favorite....probably Ty Rux (even though he still was a fun pick). I only say Ty Rux is my least favorite as I feel it would have been better to have a Sprout programming block mascot like Chica or even Nina and Star as the PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids representative. But, all the fighters were fun picks for sure.

2. For our other stages, assists and items that came with the Learner's Pass fighters, they were very fun. I do feel we created a more premium DLC package with all the extra goodies to really represent as much of PBS Kids's history if possible. I know we deconfirmed some characters but...at least they weren't too heavy of deconfirmations. We were also able to represent other parts of the PBS Kids IPs like the various video games, movies/specials and even website stuff. How fun!

3. The Sponsorship Packs are a ton of fun. It totally brings out the uniqueness of the sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! as you get some fun items based on real-life products, some cool Legacy Skins and some with a fun stage reskin. As for the edutainment tie-ins, we have been doing just fine with them in my opinion. I would specifically like to see LeapFrog and Living Books get some sort of revival product in a way and get content in PBS Kids: Brawltime! but still, I have fun ideas for their products that they are making to be promoted in the game.

4. I was going to say the 4th and the last but I do feel Pop's placement makes more sense to me. The third and last fighter of the second Learner's Pass makes too much sense to me now. Personally, I want fighters/content from the "Other Kids Media that can work as PBS Kids Shows/Specials" and The Learning Company as those two make the most sense. However, I wouldn't really mind if the last fighter of the second Learner's Pass was from another kids network like Nick Jr. or Playhouse Disney.

5. I really enjoyed the heavy amount of content that came with Ty Rux. Behind the scenes, Pop initially wanted to do just two things (two stages, two assists, two items, etc.) for the guest character. However, since I do feel that content from that guest character's area would be a one-time thing...it made me more sense to me to bloat it. I also really enjoyed the cosplay Legacy Skins and the crossover episodes. It gave that sense of being a truly special occassion. However, if we were to get Nick Jr. or Playhouse Disney as a guest fighter category, we should aim to try and do a crossover episode and a crossover website game as those kids networks were known for their website games just like PBS Kids was!

6. For me....I still want more PBS Kids-videogame exclusive content. I would like to see content from the website games more. Alongside this, maybe some more 2010s PBS Kids-era content to add more modern content. Basically, any PBS Kids show that would not work with well with a fighter in the game can get the other content for me for sure.

7. I proposed the idea initally to Pop and....I feel it would be an excellent start. I can envision it being kind of similar to how Nintendo announced that in the Fighter's Pass Vol. 2 for SSBU that the first fighter was going to be from ARMS and it turned out to be a whole "guessing game:" kind of thing but...it would create hype as well as some debate for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! fanbase.

There are some prime candidates for me including:

• Curious George (a big one since I still want to complete the PBS Kids preschool block line-up on the roster)
  • Piggley Winks (he makes sense as a fighter)
  • Papa Bear (Berenstain Bears is too iconic)
  • Splash and Bubbles (They could have a very fun gimmick)
  • Daniel Tiger (Cyborg Sun did bring up a good point, it makes sense for the younger players to play him)
  • Sir Topham Hatt (Ok...I was considering pushing him for an assist promotion but...I do feel that my moveset I have envisioned for him may be too similar to Ruff Ruffman's gimmick in a way)
  • Wishbone (He may have a gimmick TOO similar to Lionel's involving books and things from the books he read but we can look into it more if he's chosen)
  • Lamb Chop (a female rep plus she is being revived by Shari Lewis's daughter! Plus, more PTV Park-era fighters!)
  • Gawain (I don't know if Between the Lions really NEEDS a second fighter but...Gawain's Word was one of my favorite segments of the show growing up and Gawain could have a cool word building moveset with making words with his knights)
  • One of the Hero Elementary assists (Perfect for that modern PBS Kids representation)
There are some silly ones too like the Traffic Light, Tumbler, etc. but still I really want the first fighter to be either a big request or someone who works really well to break this rule in this "one-time only" occassion.

8. Here are some prompts I want for the Second Learner's Pass for fighters:

• Submit a female fighter (As Pop said, we need more female fighters)
  • Submit a PBS Kids character from a PBS Kids show from the 2010s (We need more things from that era, definitely)
  • Submit a side character from a PBS Kids show who does NOT have a fighter represented on the roster to be chosen to represent the show over the main character/poster character (This may be controversial but....another fun one we can do for side characters who work better than main characters as fighters to represent their shows. I do have some ideas for fighters in this category like Rexy for Caillou and Livingston T. Lion for Animalia, etc.)
I do also have the idea for a very open prompt for "Submit a PBS Kids character from any PBS Kids show not really represented/not represented at all" but with a catch....that character would be promoting something for their show which would be either a reboot you hypothetically come up with or for a video game for that character's PBS Kids show. It's a complicated one but can be fun.

We will probably start the assist promotion job tomorrow or Monday so get hyped and get prepared!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright folks....it's time to begin the Second Learner's Pass. Pop will give you all the job for our first fighter for our Second Learner's Pass...I sense a big first is about to happen at the Brawltime Party ;).

Top Bottom