• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Redwall Item

Rapscallion Sword

It seems that this sword has more of a abundance in the books than the show, but more book representation is always welcome! One side of the blade is wavy to symbolize the ocean, and the flat side represents land, the sword itself is used by the Rapscallions to determine if they travel by the land or by the sea. As an item, when used near water, it can summon a variety of very strong water attacks in many shapes and forms, as if you're a water-bender! On land, it works like the Killing Edge from Smash Bros., occasionally glowing a different color that signals it will unleash a critical hit on its next swing!

Medieval Times Item

Mace Flail

Just looking at it my whole life makes part of my body bruise! I bet it must have been more powerful than a car ramming into a tree! As an item, it is like the Belmonts' whips and Sheik's old chain side special, except with mostly half the range but twice the batting power!

I WAS originally going to submit an executioner's axe as the item for that, but I figured even that might be too dark for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Canadian PBS Kids Show Item

The Magic Crayon (Wimzie's House)

Screenshot 2024-10-06 220758.png

We had been submitting art and creativity content lately, so why not continue it a little with this neat item? The Magic Crayon allows the wielder to draw 3 colored platforms, sort of like Cloud Mario. As long as you hold the attack button, the wielder will draw a platform in the shape of wherever they are moving.

Sofia the First Assist

Lucinda

latest.png

Normally, I am completely fine with Prince Hugo, but I figured I'd submit an obscure character from the show for that matter. Bring the playful magic trickster she is, she'll do various things to other fighters to hinder them or just make them feel unlucky, such as lowering one of their stats, having certain effects turn against them, like healing moves dealing damage instead, or summon obscuring smoke clouds. Full assist meter has her hold an opponent in place for a few seconds, which works like the Stasis Rune in BotW or the Melee Ice Climber's freeze glitch! Keep dealing damage to those frozen oppoents to eventually send them flying!

On a side note, I do like the idea of numerous Playhouse Disney cameos on the Sofia stage as well as it having Playhouse Disney music. (Why did I forget those?!??)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
No new jobs today so get what you can in for the current jobs. New jobs will be posted tomorrow or Wednesday. For now, here is my moveset for Matthias!

Matthias
Series
: Redwall
Book Debut: Redwall (1986)
TV Debut: Cluny the Scourge, Part 1 (September 8th, 1999)
PBS Kids Debut: Cluny the Scourge, Part 1 (April 12th, 2001)

ezgif-7-b05de6d531.jpg

“I am that is!”

Matthias is a middle-lightweight fighter due to being a mouse. He is a very unique fighter to PBS Kids: Brawltime! as he is the Brawltime Party’s first swordfighter. With this, he primarily uses medieval weaponry to fight in battle and has a lot of attacks with disjoints. He’s very fast on his feet due to being a warrior as well as having a lot of tools for some awesome combo potential. However, he is a glass cannon so once in disadvantage, the fight is over for him. He is basically a hodgepodge between the gameplay style of Link and Marth from the Smash Bros games. There are lots of opportunities for cool combos with Matthias!

Gimmick:

True Warrior Spirit

An idea from Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun , because of Matthias being one of the very few characters on the roster that knows how to fight, he will show off his true warrior skills by observing his opponent's attacks by getting hit by them. If he were to get hit enough by the same attack, there is a chance he will automatically dodge it if RNG is in your favor! Chances grow higher if Matthias gets hit by the same attack over and over again!

Moveset:

Light Neutral: En Guarde!

In this move, Matthias simply attacks with his sword being The Sword of Martin similar to a sword swing ala medieval fashion. It has some disjoint and range so perfect for spacing! The stronger variant calls for an even stronger attack to REALLY push your opponents away!

Light Up: Spear Poke

Now, Matthias shows off his many different weapons by allowing you to cover range by poking opponents above. The poking is kind of rapid so a good combo starter. The stronger variant really gets you poking those opponents and pointing them into a good fight!

Light Down: Staff Sweep

Matthias will simply sweep the floor with his staff by attacking downward. It’s similar to various characters from Fire Emblem’s Down Smash in the Smash Bros games. The stronger variant will cause for a harder swing.

Neutral Special: Archer At The Ready

Similar to Link’s Neutral Special in the Smash Bros games, Matthias will pull out a bow and arrow and shoot his opponents with arrows from his bow. It’s perfect for spacing even with your opponents only getting little damage from said move. The longer you hold in the button you use for specials, the more damage your arrows will cause from your bow.

Up Special: The Warrior’s Jump

A bit of an original move inspired by the recovery moves of the Fire Emblem characters in the Smash Bros games, Matthias will simply do a simple swipe up with his sword with some range. It’s not the greatest recovery in air as it is only good for vertical distances. However, this move is great on the stage for those cool mixups when needed!

Down Special: Sling Shot

Matthias will simply set up a sling on the ground. The longer you hold in the button you use for special attacks, the stronger the projectile will be. Be sure to pay attention to the arrow on the screen indicating where the projectile will go. Also, this move leaves you vulnerable to attacks so be careful with this move! It’s very risk/reward-based.

Nature Cat Copy:

Nature Cat isn’t exactly a warrior but we see him try to swing a sword around, but really just whiff and he will fall over due to his overconfidence. Fred here is no true warrior.

Entrance:

Matthias walks out of the doors of Redwall Abbey and onto the battlefield.

Taunt:

We see Matthias point his sword to the sky and he says “My sword shall wield for me!”

Victory Animation:

We see Matthias’s fellow warriors lift Matthias up as they celebrate their victory cheering for him.

Losing Animation:

Matthias simply applauds for his fellow opponents, as a fair, noble warrior.

This one was fun to do but a little hard to do! As always, I'm open to all feedback! With this in mind, we should be able to go ahead with more jobs related to Matthias's pack next time! Enjoy!

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Color-Me-Dragon Land and Our Silly Book with Words will be added as the other two stages so yay to me! Also, Hero Guy will be added as an assist alongside Castle of Enchancia.

Some other ideas I had for the stage are for the stage to have some Easter Eggs visually including various characters and references to Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior shows as if Sofia were to host a big ball for all of them. For the music...why not have music from the various Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior shows and even the video games they got? Finally...how about some music inspired by the old school Disney Interactive PC games? I actually have a fun idea for those games to get some tie-in stuff because of Sofia ;)

Vote for the Redwall assist and Canadian PBS Kids show assists below in the polls.

Redwall Assist Poll
Mattimeo AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Jess Squirrel PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Canadian PBS Kids Show Assist Poll
Wimzie (Wimzie's House) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Esme and Roy PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, it's time for items and another assist.

Job 554:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from Redwall.

Job 555:

Submit an item based on a medieval artifact or any item from medieval times.

Job 556:

Submit an item based on a PBS Kids show from Canada.

Describe each item and its function as usual.

Job 557:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from Sofia the First.

Describe this assist's function as usual.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Redwall Item

Sword of Martin/Ratdeath

View attachment 394902

Since we do not have a sword item yet from what I believe, here it is! Even though we get the Mattimeo assist, this sword is too iconic as it did appear in the Redwall TV show. A fighter can wield this sword and attack opponents by giving them around 10-15% damage with this sword. After a little while, the sword will become weaker and give less damage. Thus...it will disappear after some time. Once in a while though, the sword will give some more damage (between 20-25%) by some lucky chance if you want to maintain peace. The chances for that are higher if you are losing the fight.

Medieval Times Item

Medieval Wooden Shield (Original Item)

View attachment 394903

If I submit a sword item, then I must add a shield too into the mix! This shield will have the PBS Kids logo on it. The shield simply acts similar to the Back Shield item from the Smash Bros games. However, this shield is more versatile as it can guard attacks for a short while in any direction. Plus, you can also carry another item with you when this shield is in front of you. Wooden shields are somewhat strong in this cartoon logic-filled world. So, be prepared to defend yourslelf with the PBS Kids shield from ye olden days!

Bubble Wand (Toopy and Binoo)

View attachment 394904

From an obscure PBS Kids show that I remember the website of more than the show itself, it's the iconic bubble wand from Toopy and Binoo. A fighter can simply pick it up and create some bubbles. The bubbles will capture a fighter similar to Ranno's bubble trap in Rivals of Aether which leaves your opponents open to your attacks. However, you can create multiple smaller bubbles to simply push opponents away and give them damage! I am kind of surprised we do not have a bubble-themed item or move yet in this game. Ironically, it could be added to a character from the darkest PBS Kids show's update, heh.

Sofia the First Assist

Prince Hugo

View attachment 394905

Being a prince himself, he is the perfect assist to accompany a fighter who is a princess. When used as an assist, he will simply go around on his flying horse and hit opponents occasionally giving them some damage. If you are using Sofia while having the Hugo assist, he will cause your stats to be nerfed while you get healed. This is to show how he was originally antagonistic. However, when the assist meter is full, he will be a selfless prince and hep you in battle! He will give you a royal stat buff and even knock opponents way out of the stage with his flying horse! Even then, he will assist you with recovery as well! Being a prince can be a good thing if your a selfless assist.

I will try to submit a Matthias moveset this weekend and my second director's insight. This is what I have for now for the jobs.
Redwall Item

Rapscallion Sword

It seems that this sword has more of a abundance in the books than the show, but more book representation is always welcome! One side of the blade is wavy to symbolize the ocean, and the flat side represents land, the sword itself is used by the Rapscallions to determine if they travel by the land or by the sea. As an item, when used near water, it can summon a variety of very strong water attacks in many shapes and forms, as if you're a water-bender! On land, it works like the Killing Edge from Smash Bros., occasionally glowing a different color that signals it will unleash a critical hit on its next swing!

Medieval Times Item

Mace Flail

Just looking at it my whole life makes part of my body bruise! I bet it must have been more powerful than a car ramming into a tree! As an item, it is like the Belmonts' whips and Sheik's old chain side special, except with mostly half the range but twice the batting power!

I WAS originally going to submit an executioner's axe as the item for that, but I figured even that might be too dark for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

The Magic Crayon (Wimzie's House)

View attachment 395000

We had been submitting art and creativity content lately, so why not continue it a little with this neat item? The Magic Crayon allows the wielder to draw 3 colored platforms, sort of like Cloud Mario. As long as you hold the attack button, the wielder will draw a platform in the shape of wherever they are moving.

Sofia the First Assist

Lucinda

View attachment 395001

Normally, I am completely fine with Prince Hugo, but I figured I'd submit an obscure character from the show for that matter. Bring the playful magic trickster she is, she'll do various things to other fighters to hinder them or just make them feel unlucky, such as lowering one of their stats, having certain effects turn against them, like healing moves dealing damage instead, or summon obscuring smoke clouds. Full assist meter has her hold an opponent in place for a few seconds, which works like the Stasis Rune in BotW or the Melee Ice Climber's freeze glitch! Keep dealing damage to those frozen oppoents to eventually send them flying!

On a side note, I do like the idea of numerous Playhouse Disney cameos on the Sofia stage as well as it having Playhouse Disney music. (Why did I forget those?!??)
My Matthias moveset will be added as well as the current jobs will be closing. As for the assists, Mattimeo and Wimzie join so yay to me! Vote in the four polls below for more PBS Kids: Brawltime! content!

Redwall Item Poll
Sword of Martin/Ratdeath AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Rapscallion Sword PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Medieval Times Item Poll
Medieval Wooden Shield (Original Item) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Mace Flail PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Canadian PBS Kids Show Item Poll
Bubble Wand (Toopy and Binoo) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Magic Crayon (Wimzie's House) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Sofia the First Assist Poll
Prince Hugo AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Lucinda PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto the next wave of jobs!

Job 558:

Write a Learning Book Set for Matthias.

Job 559:

Write a Learning Book Set for Sofia the First

Job 560:

Submit an item for Sofia the First. Describe the item's function.

Job 561:

Submit a Legacy Skin job prompt for one of the Legacy Skins that will come with Matthias. Please refrain from submitting any prompts that we have done in the past.

Job 562:

Submit a DLC Story Mode Chapter for Matthias. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters from the two Learner's Passes, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. I want us to try and do something that ties in with his tie-in product in a way.

Regard
less, get submitting and use your imagination!

Learning Book Set for Matthias

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • Faster Sword Poke (Matthias's Light Neutral will come out faster and have some more damage on it!)
    • Super Strong Recovery (For his Up Special, it will be stronger and Matthias will gain a bit more distance going up!)
    • Better Poking (For his Light Up, it will come out faster and be a bit more spammable)
    • Faster Arching (For his Neutral Special, Matthias can now spam it better!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • Stronger Slings (Now, Matthias can make his Down Special stronger with better slings!)
    • I Am That Is! (Now, Matthias gains a stat buff to assist him, courtesy of Redwall Abbey!)
    • Sweeping the Ground (For his Light Down, Matthias can spam it and it is stronger!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Double the Arrows! (Matthias can now spam double the arrows!)
    • A True Warrior Recovery! (For his Up Special, Matthias can now perform it twice in midair!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • All Ready for Battle! (Now, all of Matthias's moves gain a Super Buff as well as the fact he will be invincible for the first few seconds of the battle due to super armor!)
Learning Book Set for Sofia the First

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • The Best Dancer (Sofia's Light Neutral will come out faster and have some more damage on it!)
    • Working the Legs (For her Light Down, it will come out faster and Sofia will make Jasmine do bigger kicks)
    • Better in the Air! (All of Sofia's Air Attacks gain a stat buff!)
    • Better Spells (Now, for Sofia's Neutral Special, the spells are a little stronger.)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • Super Lightning (Now, Sofia's Down Special has some super lightning to it taking up more range!)
    • A Royal Buff! (Now, Sofia gains a stat buff to assist her thanks to her fellow princesses and the royalty at Castle of Enchancia!)
    • More help from Amber (For her Up Special, Amber can help Sofia twice in midair!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Super Spinning (Sofia's Up Special is now stronger and she can spin faster!)
    • Endless Winter! (For her Light Side, Sofia has a better chance of freezing a fighter with Elsa!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Really Doing Good Deeds (Now, all of Sofia's dash attacks and those involving the Disney princesses gain a super buff and her amulet meter will fill up faster when she does a good deed!)
Sofia the First Item

Shatter Stone

images.jpeg

This item would probably be one of the most broken items in PBS Kids: Brawltime! When this stone is summoned, it can be attacked up to three times. Because of this stone's immense power, the third time it is attacked, the person who attacked it gets automatically KOd as this stone can destroy ANYTHING. Surprisingly, this stone made it to the Brawltime Party though...

Legacy Skin Matthias Prompt

Submit a Legacy Skin themed around an indirect reference to either a popular video game franchise, anime, or even tokusatsu franchise!

Not sure if this is the most original but...to stick with the Neon Gaming City theme, wouldn't it be cool if we had a Legacy Skin themed after a trope or referencing something from a popular video game, anime or toku franchise? It sticks with the Japanese theme the end of the Story Mode initially had so...why not? I have a few ideas for this job anyway.

I have an idea for a Matthias Story Mode chapter. I just need time to write it out soon and I just don't have the energy tonight. But...you can expect my next commentary insight to come very soon!

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Based on the polls, the Rapscallion Sword, the Medieval Wooden Shield and Bubble Wand will be added as items to Matthias's pack so yay to me and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Also, the assist for Sofia the First will be Lucinda so yay to Pop again!

The current wave of jobs I posted a few days ago will be open for a little while now. Same thing with the Story Mode chapter.

However, I have a few more jobs to add to the table!

Job 563:

Submit 3 Learning Champion stage forms for stages that do not have one for Matthias's update! We will add 5 for this update.

You CANNOT submit Learning Champion stage forms for the following stages:

• Sesame Street
  • Bobsville Castle
  • The Island of Sodor
  • EekoHouse
  • Magical Events
  • Tarrytown Sky Parade
  • Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival
  • Precinct 13579
  • Once Upon a Restaruant
  • Countdown
  • Animal Junction
  • Denali Trading Post
  • The Secret Museum
  • The Great Big Harbour
  • Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom
  • WordGirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout
  • Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures
  • The D-Struct's Lair and Cave
  • The Living Volcano
  • Learning Company Memories
  • Hot Air Balloon Chase
  • Cliff's Cliff
  • The Puzzle Place
  • The Windstorm in Bubbleland
  • Someplace Else
  • The Tibble Super Action Challenge
  • Carnival Chaos
  • The Cave of the Ancients
  • Animal Town
  • Lakeshore Elementary School and Playground
  • Tortuga HQ
  • Hooper's Table
  • PBS Kids Pinball Machine
The stages listed above already have Learning Champion stage forms!

Job 564:

Submit 2 Learning Playground Stage Forms for Matthias's update. We will add about 4 of these stage forms. These are hazard/fun-based stage forms for stages that have competitive-legal stage layouts. You CANNOT submit Learning Playground Stage for the following stages:

• Tickle Me Land
  • Busterfield Library
  • The Treehouse
  • Buster's Video Postcards
  • Land of Make-Believe

Job 565:

I have decided with Pop that this will be the content ratio for Sofia the First's pack with the following requirements for stages, assists and items.

• 6 stages (Sofia’s and five others)
  • 5 assists (Sofia’s and four others)
  • 6 items (Sofia and five others)
For the stages, assists and items....you can expect to see:

• A stage, assist and item from a Playhouse Disney show
  • A stage, assist and item from a Disney Junior show
  • A stage, assist and item from a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior show not owned by Disney
  • A stage, assist and item from a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior interstital or mascot
  • A stage, assist and item from a category we will decide on (can be based on Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior stuff or something in the Disney world)
  • A SPECIAL SURPRISE stage and item that will deal with one of the contents in the PBS Kids Archives
  • Cool content based on the Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior IPs in the PBS Kids Archives
  • For Legacy Skins, there will be 5 (one for Sofia, 4 for the PBS Kids characters)
Submit a category based on the Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior IPs or even other Disney IPs (preferably anything educational) that you want to see represented in our collection of content to come to PBS Kids: Brawltime! It MUST be in relation to the Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior IPs. Give examples of the IPs that fit in the category and why your category should be chosen. It CANNOT be anything TOO broad. The top category will be chosen.

Learning Champion Stage Forms

• Saint Ninian's Church (Why not add Matthias's own home stage to get a Learning Champion stage form? Here, it's based on the stage layout seen on the Dracula's Castle stage in Project M with the platforms being smaller and less long in a way to make it competitively legal. The bell will ring in the background but you can't interact with it.)
  • Storybrook Village (Same stage length as Dr. Wily's Castle but here, platforms are more varied based on the stories like simple stage transformations like a competitively legal Pokémon Stadium stage like the Jack and the Beanstalk portion having leaf platforms rotating, the three little pigs having some platforms of straw that can be destroyed for fun, etc.)
  • The Apartment (Literally the Lylat Cruise layout in a way but in the elevator portion and you see all the different floors in George's apartment)

Learning Playground Stage Forms

• PTV Park (Now, the PBS P-Pals come out to play as the various ident characters will swarm the stage saying hello! Occasionally, the PTV Park blimp may come by as an additional platform.)
  • Zobooland (Now, Zoboo's friends come and join the fun! Gooble will spawn beries, Narchi will shoot goobleberries at the fighters, Zoboomafoosaurus will cause an earthquake, etc. The Zobooland gang is here!)
Sofia the First Category Submission for Content

Other Franchises Disney Owns/Has Had Relationship With That is Educational in Some Form that were NOT on Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior

A bit of a broad one but...a good way to honor other Disney IPs that were educational in a way that did not air on the Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior channels. There's Spot of course as well as things like the National Geographic stuff they own. There is one certain educational IP that fits in this category that I DEFINITELY want to see in PBS Kids: Brawltime! in some form though ;)

And now...it's time for another insight:

Insight #3

Where The Brawltime Party Has Gone: A Look Back at the Initial Stage Selection

One important piece of platform fighters are of course, the fighters themselves. But...what also counts for a platform fighter is the selection of stages and their variety. Every platform fighter usually tries to have that meaty variation of stages. The Smash Bros series has had a heavy focus on more fun layouts, the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl games have had a heavy focus on competitive-legal layouts as well as fun ones, Rivals of Aether has mostly competitively-legal stages with the Aether option for more hazards added to the stages, etc. For a PBS Kids platform fighter, however...how do we make the stages? Well....I thought "If PBS Kids were to make a platform fighter that is a quality product and a product for the older audience too, why not make it a healthy mix of competitively-legal stages with some fun ones?" That's how our stage selection came to be.

When PBS Kids: Brawltime! just began, I did have an initial idea for some stages for the starting four. Sesame Street stayed for Big Bird's home stage. Arthur's was to be Elwood City but then it became Once Upon a Restaurant for stage variety. Dash's was PTV Park and Mr. Rogers's was The Land of Make-Believe. It's funny to see how some of these stages have competitively legal layouts like Mr. Rogers's stage having the layout of Pokémon Stadium 2 and PTV Park having the layout of Battlefield. Literally, we had every major competitively-legal Smash Bros layout in this game as of now. Barney's stage was to be The School initially but...that became The Treehouse (based on the best era of Barney and Friends in my opinion). I feel the homestages were perfect choices for the various characters. Some of my favorites include the fact that Lionel's homestage was Cliff's Cliff (as I love the Cliff Hanger segments in Between the Lions), Barney's being The Treehouse, the Kratts getting Animal Junction (for the nostalgia reasons) and Cheeko's being the EekoHouse.

We did add some stages for PBS Kids IPs that would not work well with a fighter and such. The Island of Sodor is another fun one looking back at it as I love Thomas and Friends (and the TV show just turned 40 this year) and the most fun one being the Tarrytown Sky Parade. The most unique thing about that stage is the fact that it's based on a specific scene from an episode and not a central location from Jay Jay the Jet Plane. Heck, even the ZOOM stage was fun too, and fit well. But, I feel the best thing about the stages was the ways to bring in some more obscure PBS Kids IPs and references. The big one here in the base game was The Puzzle Place (the stage based on the show of the same name) and even some of the stages themed after idents and bumpers like the PBS Kids Pinball Machine and the Coming Up Next Street and Hooper's Table (bet no one thought of that for a stage idea besides me).

There were some times we had stage jobs for stages based on certain criteria from a PBS Kids show such as a stage from a PBS Kids show that was a part of the Bookworm Bunch block, a stage based on a PBS Kids ident, etc. I just love adding extra content from PBS Kids shows, if that means because of my completionist nature to add just about every nook and cranny from the PBS Kids library. But...really, the stages are overall a very fun mix because of the way the stages have fun hazards and some are very, very competitive. Realistically, I feel a PBS Kids platform fighter would have stages with walkoffs (and a good amount of them) to help the kids learn how to play a platform fighter without being TOO penalized so we achieved that. We have added more stages with the DLC but...that is another story for another time. While I do wish we had about an extra stage or two in the base game for some other obscurer PBS Kids IPs that wouldn't make sense as DLC, it's satisfactory.

Next insight will be themed around assists and items. I hope to write the Matthias story mode chapter very soon when I have time.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Man, I am MORE late to this than ever! Normally, I am completely fine with all of the current submissions (Might submit Learning Champion Stage Forms and Learning Playground Stage Forms later, but no guarantees), but here's some of mine:

Legacy Skin Matthias Prompt

Submit a Legacy Skin themed around a certain point in time in the real world, such as Prehistoric, Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, Medieval, etc.

Ok, I'm not gonna lie, AlteredBeast's idea is one I would be ESTATIC to submit ideas for, but my idea is an interesting one. Inspired from Mario Party 2 and other time travel games of yesteryear, Why not have the characters dress up as if they lived in a certain point in time, like dressing as a caveman, gladiator, pharaoh, knight, etc. I think this would be very fitting for the theme of Matthias' theme of taking place in ancient times.

Sofia the First Category Submission for Content

Stuff from Disney Video Games or from Disney properties based on video games.

I dunno, why not submit stuff that come from Disney video games over the years, such as Disney Infinity, Disney Speedstorm or even Epic Mickey? I also feel like it would be fun to have things from Disney properties based on video games count too, like Wreck-It Ralph and Tron. After all, whenever a Disney crossover game or a Crossover game with Disney content in it is out, the two top must-includes for them are Wreck-It Ralph and Tron.

I don't have a story mode chapter for Matthias, BUT I do have one for Sofia! I'll submit that when the time comes or when I HAVE to.

On a more important note, the last things I REALLY plan to submit here are the Archives stuff for Sofia, Sofia's story mode chapter and her reveal trailer. I'll submit them when we get there, but in the meantime, I'll only contribute when I can. Also, if we don't get there in time, I will submit the Archives stuff for Sofia, Sofia's story mode chapter and her reveal trailer before my departure on Halloween no matter what. Hope everyone doesn't mind, but I want my presence on this thread to really end with a grand sendoff.

Will submit my third insight later

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Alright, so now I will try my hand at the Matthias Story Mode Chapter with my idea!

Matthias Story Mode Chapter

The Quest For the Shield of Worlds

This Story Mode Chapter takes place during the Epilogue where we see Matthias go on some sort of gauntlet to battle in various PBS Kids worlds to find some sort of evil in them and some story about a mythical shield...similar to the tie-in LeapFrog product Redwall is getting in this alternate world.

The chapter starts with a view of the Neon Gaming City where various PBS Kids characters are doing their normal things. The Teletubbies and Zaboo are running their food cart, Arthur and his friends are at the dance club, Big Bird and Elmo are at the arcade, etc. Then, we cut to some sort of medieval-castle in the outskirts of the city that is inspired by various fantasy animes and JRPGs and we see an opening cinematic similar to Redwall with a remix of the Redwall theme.

We then see Matthias inside some sort of castle reminiscent of Redwall Abbey.

Cornflower: Oh Matthias, brave and strong. Every one of us here is thankful for your courage during that intrusion between us and those purple monsters in the old world. Even the strongest face challenges sometimes.

Redwall: Yes, my good sir. That was...a true battle so to speak. I remember it like it happened today...

We then cut to a cinematic of when the Anomaly came to the world of Redwall and everyone ran.

Now, you get to play as Matthias where you have to run away from the Anomaly in a mad 60-second dash through a platforming section in Redwall. Get touched by the purple goo and you get KOd! You must get to the safe zone in time!

After the platforming section:

We then cut to a cutscene of Matthias being safe and then we see various footage of him traveling through the World of No-Learning and battling Anomaly Monsters using his weaponry.

Mattimeo: My dear Matthias, you really were strong against them. And now, we are back fighting more battles.

Then, we see them moving into the Neon Gaming City in another flashback.

Jess Squirrel: This new life we live in is quite neat. Those medieval fairs with dragons, monsters, duels...it is a special time!

Matthias snaps out of his thought.

Matthias: You are right...now, I saw some sort of legend that I heard about while traversing through this new world.

Mattimeo: What is it?

Matthias then holds up a rough sketch of some mythical shield.

Matthias: Behold, it's a mythical shield seen somewhere in this new world. It seems to have some sort of special color and face on it...but how does one acquire such thing?

Cornflower: Matthias, that shield seems to be some sort of shield found by traveling to other worlds. Only a true warrior like you can get it. Now, your flame shall grow bright and be prepared for the challenge!

Matthias nods.

Matthias: Now, I suppose we shall start by traversing this land for any clues about where the shield is...come along Mattimeo!

Mattimeo: Right with you!

After the cutscene, you play as Matthias with Mattimeo through a platforming section where you traverse the medieval land to the spot where the clues are for the shield. Various enemy soldiers will come and attack as well as fire slings. It's a simple platforming section.

After the platforming section:

We then see Matthias and Mattimeo appear by some portal.

Matthias: Now...this may give us a clue! We must go into that purple hole and find out where it goes!

Mattimeo: Your right! Now then, we shall hop in on thy count of three! One! Two! Three!

Matthias and Mattimeo hop into the portal, falling through some sort of wormhole. We then see them being transported to some sort of big barren maze.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Welcome to thy test of strength for the special Brawltime Party shield! Ye shall travel through various worlds and be tested to see if ye are the strongest warrior in the land! Best of luck!

Matthias: Well...if this is any challenge! I am for it! We shall head out and find the challenges awaiting us!

Mattimeo: Hopefully, it is not those purple monsters!

Matthias: Certainly.

After the cutscene, you play as Matthias with Mattimeo through a big platforming section with various tasks for you to complete involving various PBS Kids worlds and challenges based on their worlds and strength. Mooks will attack you to really test you based on the characters from the various worlds. It's like The Great Maze but with different tests.

The first section is based on Sesame Street. In the background, you hear the voice from above being Announcer Bunny telling you what you need to do similar to various Leapster games.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Find thy objects to give to thy neighbors!

Now, you need to find the objects that belong to each Sesame Street character.

Then, you go to a world similar to Elwood City.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Protect thy plane!

Similar to the Arthur’s Big Hit event, you need to protect the plane from strong monsters.

Third, you enter the word similar to the Land of Make-Believe.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Find thy trolley!

When the trolley comes, you need to attack it.

Afterward, you enter a world similar to Barney’s treehouse.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Sing thy song!

For this, you need to attack the music notes for the song, I Love You.

Then, you move forth to a place similar to the Animal Junction from Zoboomafoo.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Make thy animal friend today!

You need to attack pictures of the animals that are announced by the Kratt Brothers.

Onward, you enter Fair City.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Use thy word power!

You need to attack various words that Wordgirl says for the synonyms.

Continuing, you move to the world of the Magic School Bus in space.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Find thy planets!

Attack the planets in the order they are in.

Now, you are in the world of Cyberspace.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Form thy triangle!

You need to form a triangle with the light beacons in a set time.

Furthermore, you go on to the Busterfield Library.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Find thy books!

Now, you need to attack the right book that Theo calls out.

You head off to the Secret Museum then last in the first wave of challenges.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Make thy history!

Now, it's a no-frills battle against some mooks in the Secret Museum! Defeat the 25 mooks in a no-frills mayhem.

Then, you head off to PTV Park.

End of the first section of challenges....

We see Matthias and Mattimeo approaching the world of PTV Park.

Matthias: Well, we made it to here.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: You are doing great, brave warrior! Now, meet thy king, Dash for further instructions!

Dash and Dot appear.

Dash: Hey! Matthias, you are doing great in this test for the shield! You went through so many worlds...but the challenges will be tougher from here. But, I am here to help you on this journey and so are the rest of the warriors from the warrior's worlds

We see Big Bird, Elmo, Arthur, Buster, Mr. Rogers, Barney, Chris and Martin, Ms. Frizzle, Digit, Hacker, Wordgirl, Lionel and Xavier Riddle.

Dash: Ok guys, we have to help Matthias.

Everyone nods.

After the cutscene, you get to choose 6 of the 15 characters with the Mattimeo assist to continue onward through the PBS Kids worlds going through PTV Park. More mooks will appear and the challenges will get tougher.

First, you head off to the Tubbytronic Superdome.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Clean up thy Tubby Toast!

Now, you have to clean up the Tubby Toast in under 30 seconds.

You continue on to the land of Alaska and encounter the Denali Trading Post.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Do amazing things!

Now, Molly's voice will instruct you on what amazing things you must do like certain attacks or moves. Fail once and you get KOd automatically!

Then, you head off to Dragon Land.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Wish with all your heart!

Now, you need to battle a shadow Ord with stronger attacks and slay him to summon the light to Dragon Land!

You then head off to a carnival similar to Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Attack to thy beat!

Now, you fight a shadow Marvin but you have to attack to a certain beat according to a circle.

Continuing, you go to Ruffman's game studio.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Find thy bones!

You have under a minute to find Ruffman's bones in under 35 seconds.

Then, you head off to EekoHouse.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Be Eekofriendly!

You have to attack all the things that need to be environmentally friendly in the kitchen in the EekoHouse in under 45 seconds.

Continuing, you go on to The Secret House.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Find thy magic bag!

Listen to the tots's clues to find the Magic Bag item in under 45 seconds.

Finally, you head off to the Precinct of 13579 where you have to do the final task before completing the second wave of challenges.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Dodge thy lasers!

Now, you have to dodge the lasers that can OHKO you in under 50 seconds.

After the platforming section, you head off to a medieval coliseum-esque area where there is a crowd where Matthias and the 15 other characters head off to.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: You are doing great thy warrior! Now, more warriors join your aid!

We see The Teletubbies, Ord, Molly Mabray, Ruff Ruffman, Cheeko, Donkey and Ms. O. join you.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Now, prepare for thy gauntlet of fate against some tough warriors from other worlds!

Matthias and the others look in shock. There, they saw an evil monster based on the Mega Machines from Bob the Builder.

Matthias: Dearest me! That monster looks scary!

Mattimeo: We'll take them on!

After the cutscene, you get to choose 10 of the 22 characters with the Mattimeo assist to help you fight against a gauntlet of bosses from other PBS Kids worlds which you have to complete in a certain time frame and with limited resources. The first boss is the Mega Machines boss from Bob the Builder's story mode chapter but stronger. Then, you fight against a much stronger Zach Varmitech from Malik, Zadie and Zeke's Story Mode Chapter with more attacks based on Work It Out, Wombats. Then, you fight against a new Anomaly boss inspired by Mrs. O'Connor from Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures where she uses teacher attacks as well as some stuff from Betsy's moveset. Fourth, you battle against a stronger shadow Princess Presto from Super Why's chapter. Fifth, you battle against a stronger Dark Truder boss from the Zula Patrol's Story Mode chapter. Finally, you face off against a more evil Spellbinder from Letterman's Story Mode chapter where he makes worse spells.

After the gauntlet:

The crowd cheers.

Dash: Well, that was tough!

Mattimeo: Tis no match for us!

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Congratulations! You won the gauntlet! Not too far from thy end! New warriors are here to aid!

Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Betsy, Super Why, The Zula Patrol and Letterman appear.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Your final tests awaits! Go onward!

Everyone heads out of the coliseum and onto the final tests.

After the cutscene, you get to choose 7 of the 28 characters with the Mattimeo assist to help you finish up the last 5 tests before the big final one.

The first test involves you going to the battle site where you fought the Anomaly Bat in Curious George's chapter.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Attack thy bat!

Similar to the Event Match, you need to defeat the Bat Anomaly in under 15 seconds.

Continuing on, you go to Fred's backyard where there are now physical versions of Fred that are training dummies moving.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Use nature to attack thy cats!

You must use the tree trunks on the ground to attack the swarm of 15 Nature Cats.

Third, you head off to The Magistrate's Palace.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Defeat thy sisters!

It's a no-frills battle similar to the boss fight in Sagwa's Story Mode Chapter but stronger!

Fourth, you head off to the electric corridor where it is dark.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: Solve thy puzzle!

You have to go through the dark electric corridor Olive went through in her Story Mode chapter but you have less resources for light.

Afterwards, you head to a castle for your big, final test.

There, you see Curious George, Nature Cat, Sagwa and Olive waiting for you. All the PBS Kids characters head in.

Matthias: Well...this is where that shield should be! Please tell me where it...

Suddenly, they were interrupted by some sort of big chimera that has the PBS Kids logo on it.

A voice from above similar to Announcer Bunny: You must battle thy Chimera in order to recieve thy shield! Only a brave warrior can get it!

Matthias: Well...I went through all those puzzles. This is no match for me!

Everyone nods.

After the cutscene, you get to choose 12 of the 33 characters with the Mattimeo assist to help you defeat the very hard Chimera boss. This Chimera boss is a fusion of every PBS Kids fighter in the game combined with some super strong attacks. Basically, it is the Tabuu of PBS Kids: Brawltime! but a better amalgamation of the PBS Kids characters. It is a very tough fight. After you defeat the Chimera, you have to run across a bridge that collaspes in under 60 seconds to get the shield.

After the boss battle:

Matthias then sees the PBS Kids shield and gets it. Then, all the PBS Kids characters look in amazement.

Dash: Well, Matthias. You did it!

All of them cheer and Matthias smiles.

Mattimeo: You really are that warrior, aren't you?

Matthias smiles.

Everyone celebrates and cheers Matthias's victory with the Redwall theme playing in the back.

Back at Matthias's castle, Matthias invited everyone over for a medieval feast of some form.

We see Buster trying all the food.

Buster: So much good food.

Everyone sits down and eats.

Lionel: Hey, Matthias, we love your books in our library! Can you come and visit us soon?

Arthur: And we have medieval fairs too we go too.

Bob the Builder: This does give me memories of when me and my team restored a castle.

Matthias hears all the talking to him and he settles everyone down.

Matthias: Well...I would love to visit the worlds all of you came from. But, this shield is my most prized possession of friendship.

The chapter ends with Matthias putting the shield somewhere safe by a picture of him, Mattimeo and the other PBS Kids characters by it.

End of Chapter

Notes:

• This chapter was meant to tie in to the LeapFrog product idea that tied in to Matthias submitted by Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun called Matthias's Shield: The Quest of the Worlds with the whole world traveling as well as a tribute to the PBS Kids worlds in this game represented by fighters as Matthias is the last PBS Kids character to be DLC in PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • The levels were based on various games in Leapster games with tasks as well as hard ARPG games that test your skill like Dark Souls, Kingdom Hearts, etc.
  • This level was not that educational as Redwall was the only PBS Kids show to not be explicitly educational in any case.
  • Also, I made this level less-focused on interaction between characters as I wanted it to be more focused on the action component and such. The interactions happen in the LeapFrog product.

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Category for Content with Sofia the First
Other Franchises Disney Owns/Has Had Relationship With That is Educational in Some Form that were NOT on Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Stuff from Disney Video Games or from Disney properties based on video games. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

My Matthias Story Mode chapter will be added. Also, we will do both Legacy Skin prompts for 2 of the 4 Legacy Skins coming with Matthias. We need to vote on the fifth category of content to come with Sofia the First. Please vote in the poll above.

Now, onto Matthias's Event Matches!

Job 566:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Matthias. Similar to the past two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters, I feel the events should be focused on the content that comes with his. So, any event can involve Matthias himself, the assists that come with him, stages, items, etc.

Event Matches for Matthias

Event #Extra01: Lost and Found
Event Description:
Matthias and Mattimeo are trying to find some kidnapped children that were taken into a cave. However, some intruders came into the picture and now, you must fight them to rescue them!
Player: Matthias
Assist: Mattimeo
Stage: Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures (just the cave portion)
Opponent(s): Random opponents x15 (x20 on harder difficulties)
Event objective: As Matthias, you need to defeat all the random opponents in a no-frills battle and then attack the rocks in a certain amount of time. If you get KOd, self-destruct or do not clear the rocks in time, you fail the event match.
References: The Redwall episode, Found... And Lost

Event #Extra02: A Not-So Rapscallion Invasion
Event Description:
Now, at St. Ninian's Church, there is another intrusion of some weird monsters. But, the Rapscallions left their sword at the church on accident. Matthias has no choice but to use it to help him out in a no-frills match.
Stage: St. Ninian's Church
Opponent(s): 10x Anomaly minions (20x Anomaly minions on harder difficulties)
Event objective: In this event match, it's another no-frills multi-nomaly mayhem but here, you must KO the minions with the Rapscallion Sword item. If you do not KO them with the sword, they will respawn. Get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match.
References: The Redwall book, The Long Patrol and just generic medieval warfare seen in Redwall.

Event #Extra03: A Special Movie Time on The Savanna
Event Description:
Mama Mirabelle is having a special screening of a special movie starring some wild animals she saw on the Savanna. However, she wants to celebrate every one of them! Help her out by really putting on a show!
Player: Choice
Stage: Home Movie Time on The Savanna
Opponent(s): Arthur, Barney, Digit, Lionel, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Curious George, Olive
Event objective: In this event match, you simply need to KO the fighter that Mama Mirabelle is thinking about in the thought bubble while she gives fun facts about the animal that character. Be sure to KO the right animal. If you KO the wrong animal, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the Event Match.
References: Generic reference to Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies where the show focuses on teaching kids about wild animals. Also, all your opponents are animals and yes, we do have an elephant as your opponent like how Mama Mirabelle is an elephant herself.

Event #Extra04: The Ultimate PBS Kids Gauntlet
Event description:
It's the ultimate showdown of the PBS Kids worlds. After the medieval feast and Matthias's quest for that special shield, the Brawltime Party invitees want one last match against him! Can Matthias hold up on his own in this special battle?
Stage: The Coliseum in Matthias's Story Mode Chapter where you fight in the boss gauntlet.
Opponent(s): All the other 32 PBS Kids fighters in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Like the Dash's World Tour events, you will fight the fighters in order of PBS Kids debut.

Mr. Rogers (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, February 19, 1968)
Big Bird (Sesame Street, November 10, 1969)
Letterman (The Electric Company, 1972)
Elmo (Sesame Street, March 28, 1980)
Barney (Barney & Friends, April 6, 1992)
Ms. Frizzle (The Magic School Bus, September 10, 1994)
The Kratt Bros. (Kratt's Creatures, June 3, 1996)
Arthur (Arthur, October 7, 1996)
Buster (Arthur, October 7, 1996)
Donkey (Tots TV, October 12, 1996; the debut of Tots TV on PBS)
The Teletubbies (Teletubbies, April 6, 1998; their debut on PBS)
Dash (PBS Kids Bumpers and IDs, September 6, 1999)
Ord (Dragon Tales, September 6, 1999)
Lionel (Between the Lions, April 3, 2000)
Marvin (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse, September 30, 2000)
Sagwa (Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, September 3, 2001)
Digit (Cyberchase, January 21, 2002)
Hacker (Cyberchase, January 21, 2002)
Bob the Builder (Bob the Builder, January 1, 2005, debut on PBS Kids)
The Zula Patrol (The Zula Patrol, September 4, 2005)
Ruff Ruffman (FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman, May 29, 2006)
Curious George (Curious George, September 4, 2006)
WordGirl (The Amazing Colossal Adventures of WordGirl, November 10, 2006)
Super Why (Super Why, September 3, 2007)
Betsy (Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures, January 12, 2008)
Cheeko (EekoWorld, 2008/2009)
Ms. O (Odd Squad, November 26, 2014)
Nature Cat (Nature Cat, November 25, 2015)
Molly (Molly of Denali, July 15, 2019)
Xavier Riddle (Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum, November 12, 2019)
Olive (Elinor Wonders Why, September 7, 2020)
Malik, Zadie and Zeke (Work It Out Wombats!, February 6, 2023)
Event objective: This is a no-frills all-star match where you fight against every PBS Kids character. You fight 3 at a time. Similar to the All-Star mode in Super Smash Bros Melee, the opponents will be on the top left corner showing who is coming up next. If you get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the Event Match.
Reference: Matthias's Story Mode Chapter in terms of it being a tribute to all the PBS Kids worlds as Matthias is the last DLC character to be from a PBS Kids show. Also, this Event Match references PBS Kids history as well as the new tie-in LeapFrog product based on Redwall called Matthias's Shield: The Quest of The Worlds where Matthias travels to different PBS Kids worlds and he is meeting them in one place now!

Sorry if the Event Matches feel the same-ish but...just wanted to get some out here and I do feel Matthias's Event Matches would be more combat-based as...Matthias is one of the very few characters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that can fight as Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun has mentioned but still, enjoy! Share your Event Match ideas here!

Also, soon, I will post my fourth insight as well as potentially more stuff regarding Definitive Edition content!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
The Matthias event matches will stay open for another day. Also, for the fifth content criterion, the Disney video games idea pitched by PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn will be used so congrats to him!

Now, I have made a poll in regard to the criteria for the 4 newcomers for the Definitive Edition in the Strawpoll below. Vote for the 4 newcomer criteria in the poll below!

Definitive Edition Newcomer Criteria Poll

Now, back to Sofia the First's jobs, this time for stages!

Job 567:

Submit a stage based on a Playhouse Disney show that first aired in the Playhouse Disney era.

Job 568:

Submit a stage based on a Disney Junior show that first aired in the Disney Junior era.

Job 569:

Submit a stage based on a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior show not owned by Disney.

Job 570:

Submit a stage based on a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior interstital, bumper or mascot content.

Job 571:

Submit a stage based on a Disney video game (preferably something educational) but anything works.

Describe each stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Playhouse Disney Stage

The Big Blue House (Bear in The Big Blue House)

x1080.jpeg

One of my favorite Playhouse Disney shows should get at least some crumb of content, of course! Bear in the Big Blue House was the first Playhouse Disney show when the preschool block first aired in 1997 (back when it was the Disney Channel Preschool Block). This stage is just like the Tomodachi Life stage from the Smash Bros games but bigger and no walkoffs. There are so many rooms you can fight in. You fight in the Big Blue House and you see Bear and his friends in the background. Occasionally, it will be Cha Cha time where everyone dances and all the fighters get a stat buff due to the excitement of dancing! The stage will change from day to night where you can see Luna in the background as well saying hi! It's a simple stage with not too much going on. After all, Bear in the Big Blue House deserves a simple stage for the show's simple nature.

Disney Junior Stage

Nice and Friendly Corners (Sherriff Callie's Wild West)

ezgif-6-b3b9a1da2f.jpg

We don't have a stage themed after a western town yet so...why not add this one from this Disney Junior show? I like to envision this stage being similar to Western Town from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up but with more platforms for the buildings. There are walk-offs there too as it is a town. Sherriff Callie and her fellow friends will ride in horses so watch out for them! Also, watch out for the bandits! They may steal a move from you for a little while. But...if you attack the bandit, you get rewarded with a super strong item, courtesy of Deputy Peck and Toby!

Acquired Programming Stage

Wigglehouse (The Wiggles)

ezgif-1-30fbff8bc4.jpg

Would you look at that? We are double-dipping into Wiggles content. I do feel the item they got with Ty Rux was more based on a programming block so why not do something from the original TV series? Here, you get to travel through a stage with walkoffs through the various rooms of the Wigglehouse. There are various things for you to interact with. If you wake up Jeff in his chair, you get a slight stat buff! If you are at the outside part of Wigglehouse, Captain Feathersword may come in on his unicycle so watch out! Other characters from The Wiggles shows cameo. Also, sometimes, you will see the Wiggles play in their house in the living room so...when it starts, hit the music notes! If you hit all of them, you get a SUPER STRONG stat buff!

Interstital/Bumper/Mascot Content Stage

Clay's Playroom

maxresdefault.jpg

It's funny that Clay's voice actress, Debi Derryberry also voiced Jay Jay the Jet Plane so...a PBS Kids connection for Clay. Here, we celebrate the first official mascot of Playhouse Disney being Clay as we go into his playroom. You fight on the desk and it has ledges and no walkoffs. Clay will be there to help make creations inspired by various Playhouse Disney shows such as music notes for The Wiggles, circus trampolines for Jojo's Circus, a blue house that is big for Bear in the Big Blue House, etc. Also, he will make stuff for the Disney Junior shows such as a castle for Sofia the First, a horse for Sherriff Callie's Wild West, etc. The various things Clay makes are either hazards that you can use or creations to help you fight. He is sort of an on-stage assist for everyone...if you let your imagination run wild!

Disney Video Game Content Stage

Disney's Animated Storybook Anthology

s-l1200.jpg

I do feel for the Disney video game, we should try and do something that's based on the edutainment titles. The Disney Animated Storybook games were based on the Living Books games so...there's the inspiration there that sort of connects to PBS Kids. You get to choose from the 10 different games as to which story you want to fight on! No matter what story you choose based on the Disney movie, the stage layout is still the same. You fight on a flat surface and you hit the words to interact with the text. If the story narrator tells you to click something, click on it and you will get an item or some stat buff related to said story you are reading for being a good listener! Even if you are following along with the narration and hit the word the narrator is on, you get an item related to the theme of said story! All the narrator's sound clips are from the Disney Animated Storybook games for that nostalgic experience.

I do have a promotional tie-in product for the old-school Disney Interactive games that were educational...stay tuned when the time comes ;)

Fourth insight will come soon, I swear as well as further discussion on the Definitive Edition.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Playhouse Disney Stage

HigglyTown

While I'm TOTALLY ok with having a Bear in the Big Blue House stage (I mean, I really do want that show represented here!), I figured I'd submit a stage from a stage from a Playhouse Disney Show I know the least about!, being HigglyTown Heroes. Layout-wise, it's similar to Onett, a grounded stage with walkoffs with Higglytown's various wacky-shaped building serving as platforms. The buildings can even change for each playthough on the stage!

Disney Junior Stage

Tenoo Jedi Temple (Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures)

Jedi_Temple_Tenoo_YJA_S1E1-min.png

Figured I'd submit a Star Wars stage here. While the show has first released on Disney Plus initially, it still has Disney Jr. written all over it, so I do assume it was originally meant to be aired on Disney Jr. first. The stage can be like Reptar's Ruins from Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2.

Acquired Programming

Chuggington

I am totally fine with the Wiggles, but I did find a non-Disney owned show about living sentient trains that was on Playhouse Disney! Layout-wise, it can be like the existing Island of Sodor stage in-game already, except with the Chuggington trains and taking place on Chuggington, just as a hilarious jab of two competitor shows sharing the same layout by coincidence.

Interstital/Bumper/Mascot Content

Ooh and Aah's Treehouse

These two puppet monkeys became the secondary mascots of Playhouse Disney after Clay's retirement, and like Clay, they'd announce upcoming shows and all those stuff. Their treehouse can be similar to Jungle Japes.

Disney Video Game Content

Disney Sky Hub (Disney Infinity)

Standardbg.png

This stage's layout is.....how do I put it.......is the very definition of randomized-generation! Each time you play the stage, it'll be a huge combination of things you can actually place in creative areas in the game! On rare occasions, it'll be tidy and flat. The stage's sky and theme even changes to the various different Disney themes in Disney Infinity itself, so no two playthroughs of this stage are the same! An extra cool detail in the background of the stage, you can actually see all of the various Disney-Marvel-Star Wars characters making cameo appearances! they can either be just standing still watching the battle, akin to King of Fighters Stadium, or moving all over the background doing iconic actions, akin to Dracula's Castle. In addition to the Disney characters that were playable in the three Disney Infinity games, there can also be characters from scrapped figurines, scrapped content or from the cancelled 4th game! Heck, there can even be a few characters who had made their debut long after Disney Infinity had stopped production altogether! Below is a chart of each Disney Characters' chance of appearing on the stage, from most common to extremely rare! Bold marks unused characters in Disney Infinity initially! Italics marks post Disney Infinity characters! All Disney characters on the stage appear in the Disney Infinity style.

Common
Mr. Incredible
Elastigirl (Mrs. Incredible)
Sulley
Mike
Jack Sparrow
Davy Jones
Lightning McQueen
Mater
Woody
Buzz Lightyear
Jessie
Anna (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Elsa (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Jack Skellington
Rapunzel (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey
Thor
Iron Man
Black Widow
Captain America
Hulk
Hawkeye
Spider Man
Stitch
Tinker Bell
Anakin Skywalker
Ahsoka
Yoda
Obi-Wan
Princess Leia
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader (Will not appear together with Anakin Skywalker)
Joy
Anger
Sadness
Disgust
Fear
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Moana
Maui

Uncommon
Violet
Dash
Syndrome
Randall
Captain Barbossa
Holly Shiftwell
Franceso
The Lone Ranger
Jessie
Agent P
Wreck it Ralph
Hawkeye
Falcon
Loki
Nova
Iron Fist
Nick Fury
Venom
Star Lord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Yondu
Aladdin
Jasmine (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Donald Duck
Baymax
Hiro
Maleficent
Merida (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Darth Maul
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Abominable Snowman
Underminer
Dr. Doofenschmirtz
Grem
Jake Sully
Neytiri
Doctor Strange

Manny
Diego
Sid
Scrat
Baby Scrat
Blu
Jewel
Nigel

Rare
Tonto
Phineas
Vanellope
Green Goblin
Ronan
Boba Fett
Rey
Fin
Poe Dameron
Kylo Ren
Sabrine Wren
Ezra Bridger
Kanan Jarrus
Zeb Orrelios
HulkBuster
Ultron
Captain America: The First Avenger
Sparky
Victor Frankenstein
Jyn Erso
Blaze Malbus
Chirrut Îmwe
K-2SO
Goofy

Very Rare
Black Suit Spider Man (will not appear with regular Spider-Man)
Ant Man
Black Panther
Vision
Dory
Nemo
Mulan (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Olaf
Sam Flynn
Quorra
Judy Hopps
Nick Wilde
Spot
Baloo
Alice
Time
Peter Pan
Belle (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Beast

Mirabel
Bruno
Luisa
Isabela

Extremely Rare
Hera Syndulla
Ferb
Captain Rex
Darkwing Duck
Jackson Storm
Cruz Ramirez
Supreme Leader Snoke
Rose Tico
DJ
Captain Salazar (Will only spawn on water terrain, as his curse binds him to water)
Miguel
Héctor
Ernesto de la Cruz
Mantis
Ego, the Living Planet
Hela
Heimdall
Valkyrie
Skurge
Gladiator Hulk

Extremely, Extremely Rare
Oscar Diggs
Theodora

The Mandolorian
Grogu
Joey Gardener
Luca
Alberto
Giulia
Mei Lee
Anxiety
Envy
Ennui
Embarrassment

There's also an extremely, extremely rare chance that any character can spawn in their clear "Infinity" version of themselves!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
The Playhouse Disney stages will stay open and so will the Definitive Edition poll. However, I forgot to mention that my Learning Book sets for Matthias and Sofia the First, my event matches for Matthias alongside my item for Sofia the First will be added. I will submit other Learning Champion stage forms and Learning Playground stage forms for Matthias's update soon.

Job 572:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Matthias update. We'll need one episode from Redwall of course. I also feel we should add episodes from Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies, Wimzie's House and Toopy and Binoo since those shows got content in this update. Feel free to submit episodes from shows already represented in this game who got content in this update as well as for the other stuff that just got added. I would say keep the bonus episodes from already represented PBS Kids shows at about 5 or even 6 max as usual.

Job 573:

Since this is the last regular PBS Kids character being added to PBS Kids: Brawltime until the Definitive Edition...

Submit 6 PBS Kids Website games and 4 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 5 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 3 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

One/two of the website games and one/two of the video games MUST come from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is NOT represented by a fighter.

PBS Kids Archives Episodes

Redwall

Found... And Lost

Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies

Spot the Difference/Hot and Cold Running Creatures

Wimzie's House

The Treasure Hunt

Toopy and Binoo

Toopy's Story (and whatever else was included with it on PBS Kids airings)

Sesame Street

Episode 3915

Arthur

Arthur's Treasure Hunt/The Return of the King

WordGirl

Hello New Year, Goodbye Moon/Art in the Park

Bob the Builder

A hypothetical PBS Kids airing of Knights of Fix-a-Lot

Pinkalicious and Peterrific

Peter's Pet/Cupcake Calamity

Dragon Tales

It Happened One Nightmare/Staying Within the Lines

The Redwall episode I chose solely has to do with the fact that it was the one referenced in the first Event Match for him. Any Mama Mirabelle's Home Movie episode works but I chose what works best and what I thought was interesting. Same with the Wimzie's House and Toopy and Binoo episodes. The Sesame Street episode chosen relates to the Hero Guy assist. The Dragon Tales episode relates to the stage, same with the Pinkalicious and Peterrific stage that came with the "Getting Artsy and Crafty" update. The Arthur and Bob the Builder episodes were chosen to stick with the medieval theme of Redwall. Finally, the WordGirl episode chosen sticks with the art theme as...well, most of the content in the Matthias updated dealt with art.

PBS Kids Website Games

A whole tour of Redwallabbey.com (Redwall)

top1.jpg

Bob the Builder (2015 series): Bob's Toolbox

maxresdefault.jpg

Arthur: Virtual Goose!

hqdefault.jpg

Toopy and Binoo: Magic Math Shapes Game (don't know the game's real name)

sddefault.jpg

Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies: Where in The World

Mama Mirabelle . Games . Where in the World - PBS KIDS.png

PBS Kids Video Games

A demo of Matthias's Shield: The Quest of The Worlds

Redwall: The Lost Legends of Redwall: The Scout Anthology (PC/PS4/PS5/XBO)

apps.20844.14356442168339135.671e6199-2d52-4069-bb5b-539a7872ddbf.fdea5af4-72d3-4e05-b6ff-322...jpeg

Sesame Street: Elmo's World (Plug and Play TV)

20180424_230000.jpg

Pinkalicious and Peterrific: Pinkalicious: It's Party Time! (Nintendo DS)

81-0B8DoLhL.jpg

For the website games, Redwall never had a PBS Kids or a PBS Kids-esque website for the show so I added a webpage based on the Redwall website made by Brian Jacques called Redwallabbey.com. I felt we needed a website game based on the Bob the Builder reboot as well as one final Arthur game based on an in-universe video game in the show. The two extra website game slots were given to Toopy and Binoo (who I remember their PBS Kids webpage more than the show) and Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies (where I remember the game on her webpage as well as Toopy and Binoo's webpage).

For the video games, of course I had to add a demo for the upcoming LeapFrog Matthias product. You'll only get to play a few levels though since it is a demo. Also, you get another Redwall game, this time, it's an indie title based on the books...we never had an indie game in the PBS Kids Archives yet. I felt we could add one more Sesame Street game. This time, we get our first Plug and Play TV game (I remember owning some of them as a kid) and I'm surprised no one brought up Plug and Play TV Games in any form. Finally, for our non-fighter game, we get a pre-PBS Kids game for Pinkalicious and Peterrific. Ironically, GameMill Entertainment (the company who published the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl games) also published Pinkalicious: It's Party Time! so how ironic.

I will submit my fourth insight soon (just been busy) but get your submissions in for our current jobs!

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Playhouse Disney Stage

The Big Blue House (Bear in The Big Blue House)

View attachment 395221

One of my favorite Playhouse Disney shows should get at least some crumb of content, of course! Bear in the Big Blue House was the first Playhouse Disney show when the preschool block first aired in 1997 (back when it was the Disney Channel Preschool Block). This stage is just like the Tomodachi Life stage from the Smash Bros games but bigger and no walkoffs. There are so many rooms you can fight in. You fight in the Big Blue House and you see Bear and his friends in the background. Occasionally, it will be Cha Cha time where everyone dances and all the fighters get a stat buff due to the excitement of dancing! The stage will change from day to night where you can see Luna in the background as well saying hi! It's a simple stage with not too much going on. After all, Bear in the Big Blue House deserves a simple stage for the show's simple nature.

Disney Junior Stage

Nice and Friendly Corners (Sherriff Callie's Wild West)

View attachment 395222

We don't have a stage themed after a western town yet so...why not add this one from this Disney Junior show? I like to envision this stage being similar to Western Town from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up but with more platforms for the buildings. There are walk-offs there too as it is a town. Sherriff Callie and her fellow friends will ride in horses so watch out for them! Also, watch out for the bandits! They may steal a move from you for a little while. But...if you attack the bandit, you get rewarded with a super strong item, courtesy of Deputy Peck and Toby!

Wigglehouse (The Wiggles)

View attachment 395224

Would you look at that? We are double-dipping into Wiggles content. I do feel the item they got with Ty Rux was more based on a programming block so why not do something from the original TV series? Here, you get to travel through a stage with walkoffs through the various rooms of the Wigglehouse. There are various things for you to interact with. If you wake up Jeff in his chair, you get a slight stat buff! If you are at the outside part of Wigglehouse, Captain Feathersword may come in on his unicycle so watch out! Other characters from The Wiggles shows cameo. Also, sometimes, you will see the Wiggles play in their house in the living room so...when it starts, hit the music notes! If you hit all of them, you get a SUPER STRONG stat buff!

Interstital/Bumper/Mascot Content Stage

Clay's Playroom

View attachment 395225

It's funny that Clay's voice actress, Debi Derryberry also voiced Jay Jay the Jet Plane so...a PBS Kids connection for Clay. Here, we celebrate the first official mascot of Playhouse Disney being Clay as we go into his playroom. You fight on the desk and it has ledges and no walkoffs. Clay will be there to help make creations inspired by various Playhouse Disney shows such as music notes for The Wiggles, circus trampolines for Jojo's Circus, a blue house that is big for Bear in the Big Blue House, etc. Also, he will make stuff for the Disney Junior shows such as a castle for Sofia the First, a horse for Sherriff Callie's Wild West, etc. The various things Clay makes are either hazards that you can use or creations to help you fight. He is sort of an on-stage assist for everyone...if you let your imagination run wild!

Disney Video Game Content Stage

Disney's Animated Storybook Anthology

View attachment 395227

I do feel for the Disney video game, we should try and do something that's based on the edutainment titles. The Disney Animated Storybook games were based on the Living Books games so...there's the inspiration there that sort of connects to PBS Kids. You get to choose from the 10 different games as to which story you want to fight on! No matter what story you choose based on the Disney movie, the stage layout is still the same. You fight on a flat surface and you hit the words to interact with the text. If the story narrator tells you to click something, click on it and you will get an item or some stat buff related to said story you are reading for being a good listener! Even if you are following along with the narration and hit the word the narrator is on, you get an item related to the theme of said story! All the narrator's sound clips are from the Disney Animated Storybook games for that nostalgic experience.

I do have a promotional tie-in product for the old-school Disney Interactive games that were educational...stay tuned when the time comes ;)

Fourth insight will come soon, I swear as well as further discussion on the Definitive Edition.
Playhouse Disney Stage

HigglyTown

While I'm TOTALLY ok with having a Bear in the Big Blue House stage (I mean, I really do want that show represented here!), I figured I'd submit a stage from a stage from a Playhouse Disney Show I know the least about!, being HigglyTown Heroes. Layout-wise, it's similar to Onett, a grounded stage with walkoffs with Higglytown's various wacky-shaped building serving as platforms. The buildings can even change for each playthough on the stage!

Disney Junior Stage

Tenoo Jedi Temple (Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures)

View attachment 395234

Figured I'd submit a Star Wars stage here. While the show has first released on Disney Plus initially, it still has Disney Jr. written all over it, so I do assume it was originally meant to be aired on Disney Jr. first. The stage can be like Reptar's Ruins from Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2.

Acquired Programming

Chuggington

I am totally fine with the Wiggles, but I did find a non-Disney owned show about living sentient trains that was on Playhouse Disney! Layout-wise, it can be like the existing Island of Sodor stage in-game already, except with the Chuggington trains and taking place on Chuggington, just as a hilarious jab of two competitor shows sharing the same layout by coincidence.

Interstital/Bumper/Mascot Content

Ooh and Aah's Treehouse

These two puppet monkeys became the secondary mascots of Playhouse Disney after Clay's retirement, and like Clay, they'd announce upcoming shows and all those stuff. Their treehouse can be similar to Jungle Japes.

Disney Video Game Content

Disney Sky Hub (Disney Infinity)

View attachment 395235

This stage's layout is.....how do I put it.......is the very definition of randomized-generation! Each time you play the stage, it'll be a huge combination of things you can actually place in creative areas in the game! On rare occasions, it'll be tidy and flat. The stage's sky and theme even changes to the various different Disney themes in Disney Infinity itself, so no two playthroughs of this stage are the same! An extra cool detail in the background of the stage, you can actually see all of the various Disney-Marvel-Star Wars characters making cameo appearances! they can either be just standing still watching the battle, akin to King of Fighters Stadium, or moving all over the background doing iconic actions, akin to Dracula's Castle. In addition to the Disney characters that were playable in the three Disney Infinity games, there can also be characters from scrapped figurines, scrapped content or from the cancelled 4th game! Heck, there can even be a few characters who had made their debut long after Disney Infinity had stopped production altogether! Below is a chart of each Disney Characters' chance of appearing on the stage, from most common to extremely rare! Bold marks unused characters in Disney Infinity initially! Italics marks post Disney Infinity characters! All Disney characters on the stage appear in the Disney Infinity style.

Common
Mr. Incredible
Elastigirl (Mrs. Incredible)
Sulley
Mike
Jack Sparrow
Davy Jones
Lightning McQueen
Mater
Woody
Buzz Lightyear
Jessie
Anna (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Elsa (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Jack Skellington
Rapunzel (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey
Thor
Iron Man
Black Widow
Captain America
Hulk
Hawkeye
Spider Man
Stitch
Tinker Bell
Anakin Skywalker
Ahsoka
Yoda
Obi-Wan
Princess Leia
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader (Will not appear together with Anakin Skywalker)
Joy
Anger
Sadness
Disgust
Fear
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Moana
Maui

Uncommon
Violet
Dash
Syndrome
Randall
Captain Barbossa
Holly Shiftwell
Franceso
The Lone Ranger
Jessie
Agent P
Wreck it Ralph
Hawkeye
Falcon
Loki
Nova
Iron Fist
Nick Fury
Venom
Star Lord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Yondu
Aladdin
Jasmine (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Donald Duck
Baymax
Hiro
Maleficent
Merida (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Darth Maul
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Abominable Snowman
Underminer
Dr. Doofenschmirtz
Grem
Jake Sully
Neytiri
Doctor Strange

Manny
Diego
Sid
Scrat
Baby Scrat
Blu
Jewel
Nigel

Rare
Tonto
Phineas
Vanellope
Green Goblin
Ronan
Boba Fett
Rey
Fin
Poe Dameron
Kylo Ren
Sabrine Wren
Ezra Bridger
Kanan Jarrus
Zeb Orrelios
HulkBuster
Ultron
Captain America: The First Avenger
Sparky
Victor Frankenstein
Jyn Erso
Blaze Malbus
Chirrut Îmwe
K-2SO
Goofy

Very Rare
Black Suit Spider Man (will not appear with regular Spider-Man)
Ant Man
Black Panther
Vision
Dory
Nemo
Mulan (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Olaf
Sam Flynn
Quorra
Judy Hopps
Nick Wilde
Spot
Baloo
Alice
Time
Peter Pan
Belle (Will not appear when Sofia is in play)
Beast

Mirabel
Bruno
Luisa
Isabela

Extremely Rare
Hera Syndulla
Ferb
Captain Rex
Darkwing Duck
Jackson Storm
Cruz Ramirez
Supreme Leader Snoke
Rose Tico
DJ
Captain Salazar (Will only spawn on water terrain, as his curse binds him to water)
Miguel
Héctor
Ernesto de la Cruz
Mantis
Ego, the Living Planet
Hela
Heimdall
Valkyrie
Skurge
Gladiator Hulk

Extremely, Extremely Rare
Oscar Diggs
Theodora

The Mandolorian
Grogu
Joey Gardener
Luca
Alberto
Giulia
Mei Lee
Anxiety
Envy
Ennui
Embarrassment

There's also an extremely, extremely rare chance that any character can spawn in their clear "Infinity" version of themselves!
Playhouse Disney Stage
The Big Blue House (Bear in The Big Blue House) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
HigglyTown (Higglytown Heroes) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Disney Junior Stage
Nice and Friendly Corners (Sherriff Callie's Wild West) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tenoo Jedi Temple (Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Wigglehouse (The Wiggles) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Chuggington PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Interstitials/Bumpers/Mascots Stage
Clay's Playroom AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Ooh and Aah's Treehouse (Ooh, Aah and You) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Disney Video Game Stage
Disney's Animated Storybook Anthology AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Disney Sky Hub (Disney Infinity) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Disney stage jobs are closed. Please vote for the stages you want in the poll above. Also, the Definitive Edition poll is still open and same with the Matthias event mode jobs and the Archives content.

Now, onto more of Sofia's assists!

Job 574:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a Playhouse Disney show that first aired in the Playhouse Disney era.

Job 575:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a Disney Junior show that first aired in the Disney Junior era.

Job 576:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior show not owned by Disney.

Job 577:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior interstital, bumper or mascot content.

Job 578:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing exclusively seen in a Disney video game (preferably something educational) but anything works.

Describe each assist and their function. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Playhouse Disney Assist

Rocket and the Little Einsteins (Little Einsteins)

27-272365_little-einsteins-in-rocket-little-einsteins-rocket-ship.png.jpeg

I had to go with something from Little Einsteins as the show is turning 20 next year. We get a vehicle-themed assist here with Leo piloting Rocket with June, Quincy, and Annie in there cheering you on. Rocket and the Little Einsteins will assist you by helping you recover as well as play classical music to give you a stat buff. Even then, Rocket will give you a small item to help you occasionally. However, when the assist meter is full, Rocket can rev up its engine and Leo will go full throttle! When you recover with Rocket, it's like the Fire Fox recovery and will damage anyone in your way! Also, you will gain a super stat buff and super speed (like the presto speed in music) to help you out. If your losing and your assist meter is full, Rocket will give you a SUPER STRONG item once in a while.

Disney Junior Assist

Pip and Freddy (T.O.T.S.)

maxresdefault.jpg

These two delivery birds will help you by delivering you baby shields. The babies act similarly to the Scapegoat card in Yugioh as they will protect you from being attacked temporarily. However, when the assist meter is full, they will give you a bigger shield and even fly you above the stage and be unhittable! Talk about being a bird of a feather here!

Acquired Programming Assist

Vee (Chuggington)

maxresdefault.jpg

Now, it's time for that Chuggington representation and the "controller" of Chuggington can assist and fight against Sir Topham Hatt, heh. For Vee, she will yell "Honk your horns!" once in a while and freeze the other fighters in place for a short while. She is a stationary assist so she can't follow you. However, when the assist meter is full, Vee will give you a special job with an item she gives you. KO a fighter with that item and she will fill you with happy, powerful emotions by being all colorful and give you a traintastic stat buff! She can really care for you just like she does to the engines of Chuggington!

Interstitals/Bumpers/Mascots Assist

ZeFronk (Tasty Time with ZeFronk)

MV5BYWE3MjNjODUtM2RmMi00MjM4LTg5YTYtNjcxNmY4MjBhMjA1XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

I could have gone for a more iconic or childhood-biased pick but...I went with this daschund with a knack for cooking. ZeFronk knows how to cook and will throw you small healing items once in a while! It will take him a while to cook it though. The more you get damaged, the better healing item you will get. When the assist meter is full, ZeFronk will serve you a REALLY scrumptious meal and therefore really heal you. However, he will give the opponents bad leftovers to nerf their stats a little just to give them a sour taste on their tongues.

Disney Video Game Assist

To stick with the art theme we have been having...

Magic Art Tools (Disney's Magic Artist Studio)

sddefault.jpg

I couldn't find anything better so I did decide to be a bit creative here ;) The magic Disney artist studio tools come to life. As you attack, they will work on creating a picture of your fighter, Disney style! Their real function comes out when the assist meter is full and...voila! Your picture is done and will be summoned as a Ditto clone (like the Pokémon) where drawings and paintings come to life like magic! Your clone can be attacked though but in general, double you means you get more chances to get some damage on your opponents! A super handy assist!

The fourth insight will be coming this weekend most likely as well as discussion questions regarding the other Definitive Edition content. Most days, I post the night after work and just want to get out at least one wave of jobs every day before Pop leaves the thread so we can keep the thread going. Hopefully, I've been doing a good job.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Playhouse Disney Assist

Ellyvan (Jungle Junction)

He works like the Kapp'n assist in Smash Bros!, driving into fighters to mount them on his back and carry them to the blast zones from time to time. At full assist meter, he'll place safety straps on the next fighter he gives a ride, preventing them from falling off altogether! Because of this, Ellyvan's assist meter takes longer to fill up compared to other assists.

Disney Junior Assist

Kion (The Lion Guard)

While I believe IkeaInklingMustAbsolutelyHappen had submitted him before as the potential final DLC fighter for PBS Kids: Brawltime!, I feel like he can make use of his special gift and his lion instincts to good use as an assist! Normally, he just prances around, pouncing other fighters and slashing at them with his claw to stay true to his position as the Lion Guard. At full assist meter, if it wasn't obvious enough, he'll use his signature Roar of the Elders! The roar itself is so powerful, that like Ellyvan, his assist meter takes more to charge up than other assists!

Disney Video Game Assist

Mizrabel (Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse)

This witch who looks like an odd merge of Maleficent and the Evil Queen from Snow White after absorbing some of Minnie Mouse's beauty (Though Mizrabel's true form looks like a less creepy version of the Evil Queen's Peddler-Hag disguise) helps out the fighter she is assisting using the various fire attacks she uses in her boss battle in Castle of Illusion!, while also being stationary in the middle of the stage like her boss battle. At full assist meter, she'll fire a series of homing fireballs before forming a ring of fire to circle all over the stage!

Top Bottom