• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I got nothin' this time, but like CC23 said, me and him are back, so maybe I'll submit something for the next jobs, maybe?.....
Welcome back to the both of you! I will leave the submission window open till about Friday-ish so…if an idea comes to mind, be sure to submit it! That applies to all past contributors as well on this thread!

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
I have extended the deadline to tomorrow since I will be busy today so get your submissions in! All past contributors, if you haven’t submitted something, now’s your chance!

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Alright, so since I'm cared to do the honors, here goes......

Job #533: Now that we're nearing the finish line of Learner's Pass vol. 2, I figured we should do something quite special for our penultimate DLC fighter! For this one, it's a free-for-all, submit ANY PBS Kids character you want, whether they've been submitted several times in the past or just your most wanted one, It's up to you, but...there is a catch. This newcomer would be promoting some sort of tie-in educational products from an edutainment brand! (video games exempted for this time, but it's just a preference). Also, the edutainment brand that is being promoted will be a second Super Sponsor for PBS Kids: Brawltime!, with the sponsorship content coming in a free update following the sixth fighter! Like with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. In additions to those, please describe the product with the newcomer you are submitted. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

Job #534: Submit an edutainment brand that will:

• Promote that newcomer and the product the newcomer will be in.
  • Why that company should be in and a bit about that company
  • The content ratio (how many stage reskins, original stages, assists, items, Legacy Skins, etc.)

My submissions

Fighter

Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny (Arthur)

Previously submitted by Wario Wario Wario several times before, I think the idea of this stance fighter switching between the two as if Arthur and D.W. were fighting over the remote is definitely a very unique premise and concept for a fighter, and I certainly don't want that to go to waste. Plus, having an in-universe factional character(s) would bring a lot of flair to the existing roster, and it would be fun for the parody character to appear alongside the original. Mary Moo Cow is a spoof of Barney and Dark Bunny is a spoof of Batman: The Animated Series. Both would be heavyweights - Dark Bunny would likely be faster and more aggressive, while Mary would be defensive based and perhaps a bit of a zoner. In addition, Mary Moo Cow's moveset could reflect the more commercial side of characters like Barney, using her comically niche toys and merchandise!

In terms of the product itself, perhaps something along the lines of a set of split coloring tools and split coloring pages to go with the fact that it's about two constantly changing channels, which you're about to see in my next submission:

Edutainment Brand:

Crayola

What more? They're Crayola! I bet that company needs no introduction, but they're the world's top makers of art supplies, crayons, markers, colored pencils, coloring pages, you name it! I bet many of you used Crayola products a lot when you were younger.

In terms of the content.....

• 2 stage reskins
  • 1 or 2 original stages
  • 1 assist
  • 1-3 items
  • 2-4 legacy skins
  • 1 Learning Playground stage form
  • 1 or 2 Crayola games for the archive
  • A completely original episode featuring a crossover between PBS Kids characters and Crayola products, including those living Crayons!

Mary Moo Cow's Dark Coloring Adventure, ft. the Rainbow Crayons!

Here comes the limited edition comic issue featuring a crossover between Mary Moo Cow as she tries to help Dark Bunny come to his good side and vanquish a great evil!, despite each ones' differences. There is one problem though, the comic book is missing it's color!, and it's your task to use the included crayon molding machine to make specially color-mixed crayons to fill in all the colors and even has you have the chance to color your own path! Some parts of the comic involves choices based on which colored mix-crayon you use. Alongside MMC and DB, various other PBS Kids characters will guest star in the colorless comic too!, just waiting to be colored in.

Also, I'm not deleting this post, sorry!
As for my submission:

Resubmitting Duck (WordWorld)

unnamed-1.jpg

I'm surprised he hasn't been submitted in a long while. But, Duck is one of the main characters from the PBS Kids show WordWorld which ran from 2007 to 2011. The show also got reruns for a decade from

The show was about animal characters who are WordFriends who build things called WordThings out of letters as everything on their planet WordWorld is made up of letters spelling out what thing they are. By using synthetic phonics to solve their problems, they surely know how to teach kids how to build words and teach some great phonics skills which it focused on spelling, rhymes, etc. In other countries, WordWorld taught kids how to speak English. Funny enough, this show debuted the same day Super Why and WordGirl debuted on PBS Kids so...reveal trailer idea here? The show itself was based on the books and puzzles of the same name so there's that too.

Duck on the other hand is one of the main characters of the show and was voiced by Tyler Bunch who has had PBS Kids history working on Sesame Street and Between the Lions so there's that prior connection with his actor. Peter Linz was also on this show too which is awesome! In general, WordWorld is one of those "Why hasn't this show gotten any content in PBS Kids: Brawltime! yet?" PBS Kids shows since it's a show that defines PBS Kids's newer era or after what many consider the "Golden Era" which was from 1999-2006. WordWorld can complete the trifecta of PBS Kids shows that debuted in 2007 that taught reading skills and in general, represent the later 2000s for PBS Kids.

His gimmick:

Word Builder and Letter Inventory

Duck will have a gimmick similar to Steve from Super Smash Bros Ultimate in terms of collecting items and such. Throughout the match, if you choose Duck, letters will spawn on the stage. Collect the letters and store them in your inventory. Some letters spawn more often than others. However, you can only hold about 12 letters at a time to make his gimmick not too broken. Then, when you have enough letters, you can build words to assist you like CAR for attacking, APPLE to recover some health, etc. We can determine what words can be a part of this gimmick but...there's lots of possibilities.

Overall, Duck would be such a fun addition and WordWorld is just a very iconic PBS Kids show.

As for the edutainment brand....

Lakeshore Learning Materials

View attachment 393994

You may have seen this brand in multiple classroom materials, learning kits, CDs, PC games, etc. back when you were a young student as well as the educational board games they made. Lakeshore has been a favorite amongst kids and educators for many years since 1954. They turned 70 this year so what a way to celebrate! I am a new teacher myself and I am quite familiar with their products.

Knowing that there are no tie-in products with Lakeshore yet...PBS Kids making tie-ins with Lakeshore would be awesome. For their products, there would be lots of PBS Kids themed learning kits, materials, etc. In fact, there will be a new range of board games based on the PBS Kids IPs. WordWorld would be a part of the starting line up in a game called...

WordWorld: Let's Build a Word

In this board game, you get to play as Duck, Sheep, Bear or Pig and collect letters around the board themed after WordWorld and build words. The player who builds the most words with their letter cards wins! It's a great game for kindergartners and/or first graders!

Content:

• 2 stage reskins
  • 2 stages (1 stage based on an original Lakeshore product, preferably their board games and 1 stage based on a PBS Kids tie-in product Lakeshore would make)
  • 1 assist
  • 2-4 items
  • 2-3 Legacy Skins
  • 1 Learning Playground Stage Form
  • 2 Lakeshore video games
  • A tie-in short starring PBS Kids IPs and Lakeshore’s characters
For your edutainment brand, make sure you say the name of the specific product alongside other tie-in ideas vaguely. Also, I would like to see above and beyond promotional ideas like a tie-in episode or short and such. This edutainment brand will be our...2nd Super Sponsor for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit so they will get special treatment! Get submitting and I will sure see some great ideas out here!
Resubmitting...

...oh shoot I need to do that tie-in brand too, uhhhhhh...

Screw it, LeapFrog.

View attachment 393998

Yeah these guys aren't in yet, right? If they're the second "Super Sponsor"... would be funny to get a rival to JumpStart of sorts. Expect the usual explosion of tie-in products and Leapster games from these guys, lol. And with one product in particular, more crossover fun is brought to your child:

Mathias' Shield: The Quest of the Worlds

...get this, it's a tablet... designed to look like Mathias' shield. It's more of a "video game toy" than anything, containing a game filled with a good amount of content and fan service: In it, Mathias must go on a brand new journey across several worlds, meeting up with various PBS KIDS characters aimed at slightly older audiences (plus the world of LeapFrog... they can't resist bringing their own brand in lol), filled with a lot of general educational content along the way. Think of it sort of like the ClueFinders or JumpStart Adventures games. There are even bonuses to unlock; artwork, character bios, maybe even a few episodes? This game will be exclusive to this product for a while, but a proper app version would eventually release.

Brawltime, though, will get something like this:

-2 Stage reskins
-3 Stages (2 from the LeapFrog videos, 1 from the major tie-in product)
-2 Assists
-5 Items
-1 tie-in short promoting the major new product
My my, It's been SUUUUUCH a long time, Me and IIMH had been busy having so much fun over the summer, and when was the last time I submitted? June? Anyways, here's mine:

Fighter:
Pinkalicious Pinkerton and Peterrific Pinkerton

I mean, why aren't they in yet?! They already have so much other content in-game besides them as playable fighters, so this would be a good chance for them! Their moveset would revolve around arts and crafts, which would make for a pretty creative moveset! ;)

Edutainment brand:
Duolingo

Duolingo is a service to help people learn foreign languages! Ok, while not exactly a brand aimed specifically to children (They do have a separate service aimed to kids called Duolingo Kids), I still think this cute green owl as well as all his friends still would make a great choice to sponsor this game, especially given the fact that their language learning app service functions more like a video game.

Content

• 2 stage reskins
  • 1 stage
  • 1 or 2 assists
  • 1-2 items
  • 2-4 legacy skins, maybe cosplays of Duolingo characters?
  • 1 Learning Playground stage form
  • 1 or 2 Duolingo promo videos for the archive
  • A tie-in short featuring a crossover between PBS Kids characters and Duolingo characters.

Duo-licious: Language tickles me pink!

This can be a special event in the Duolingo service where it can have a plot revolving around Zari needing help with her art project assigned to her by Oscar, so she asks Duo and Pinkalicious and Peter to help her with it. Now they all need YOUR help by doing special language lessons themed to Pinkalicious, with the artsy creative girl herself even helping the user learn their languages along with her brother Peter!
Alright, the submission period is over. Please vote for your top 2 ideas but your own idea can only come in second!

Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny (Arthur) with Crayola tie-in product/update PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick: Stance Fighter

Duck (WordWorld) with Lakeshore tie-in product/update AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick: Word Builder and Letter Inventory

Matthias (Redwall) with LeapFrog tie-in product/update Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Gimmick: True Warrior with RNG dodging gimmick

Pinkalicious Pinkerton and Peterrific Pinkerton (Pinkalicious and Peterrific) with Duolingo tie-in product/update CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick: Arts and crafts

Now, onto the next job.

Job 534:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the sixth Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter. Create a job prompt that is specific but leaves room for creativity. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My votes:

1. Matthias (I love the LeapFrog tie-in product idea and I feel we need to add some Legacy Skins as well as leave room for some content based on the LeapPad and Leapster products for the free update. I actually have more tie-in products if this idea were to win for sure!)
2. Duck (Self-vote but I grew up with Lakeshore's products and still use them as a teacher so it works here. Plus, I feel we need to get the final piece of the 2007 trio of literacy in this game!)

I love the other ideas but I feel a 3rd Arthur character before a 3rd Sesame Street character sounds off. I did initally think of the idea of having Crayola as a sponsor for the Championship Circuit but I'm happy Pop proposed them to be a Super Sponsor due to how iconic they are. Although a Sesame Street fighter with Fisher Price or Super Duper Publications content would have been fun. The Pinkalicious idea was fun too with the Duolingo update. Never thought of that until now...

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids show not represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that ran less than three years.

Running dry on ideas but time to represent those obscure shows more!

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Matthias
2. Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny (I mean, I do think the premise of this fighter is unique and I don't want it to go to waste)

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on an episode of a PBS Kids show represented already that focus on art and/or creativity

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
1. Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny (I do agree, I don't want it to go to waste either)
2. Matthias

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on a dream or imaginary world from the head of one of the playable fighters in-game

trust me, that could open the door for lots of creative possibilities and is just very fun overall.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alrighty guys, so this is something I normally wanted to save for the beginning of October, but I figured getting it out now would be a little better......

Ok, so since AlteredBeast announced that I will be officially departing the thread on Oct. 31 this year, or if we finish all the content for Fighter 7 of the Learner's Pass vol. 2 depending on how fast we con progress on this thread, I think I might as well shed some light on the truth behind my departure.

So the hard truth is I had been planning to "leave" the internet for a really long time now for personal reasons I don't think I will get into here, but also because my life is just getting far more busier those days, especially since I had been graduated for somewhat over 2 years now, but in order to do this, I really wanted to do something on the internet that would make me feel like my journey has officially feel complete and satisfactory. That's where totally completing this thread comes into play. I was really banking to get this thread totally complete by the time I wanted to do what I wanted to do, but then things just came up, with Cyborg Sun suggesting DE content and the fact that AlteredBeast had started a new career of being a special education teacher for third graders, thus making him busier in life than before, I just feel like I really can't put up with this anymore, AlteredBeast is busier in life, Cyborg Sun suggested stuff that would make this thread drag on for me, I am far busier in life than before (and I am struggling in some areas too nowadays, such as financial and body health issues, but the health issues part isn't TOO serious and is pretty minor, and I will work it out myself)

With that being said, I still do insist I want to completely finish this thread before I leave the internet for good, but I feel like this can't happen when people are busier in life nowadays and that I am struggling a bit in life as well. Now with all of those circumstances potentially halting the progress of this thread, I just think that I will have to find a different way to make me feel like my job on this thread is complete.

One thing I am currently thinking of doing is providing post where I share my thoughts, lookbacks and other revealed secrets once or twice a week, think of them like developer commentary style memoirs that goes into my insight on the development of PBS Kids: Brawltime! Maybe there are other ways I can provide a proper parting gift before I leave.

On a side note, I do really hope we can at least get to the actual newcomer submission for Fighter #7, since it's meant to be a guest fighter, which I have an awesome idea for.

What do you guys think? Do you like my idea of developer's commentary posts? What else do you think I should do to make my exit of this thread less-anti-climactic and more of an epic good-bye?

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Hey uh... sorry about that, btw. Kinda funny how my enthusiasm for this was really firing up just as your was waning though, huh?

But hey, anything we can do to speed ahead to the 7th fighter? We don't have to make all the supplementary content for them at the same time as this 6th fighter, but idk, would be nice to pin down the choice ahead of time for Pop.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Hey uh... sorry about that, btw. Kinda funny how my enthusiasm for this was really firing up just as your was waning though, huh?

But hey, anything we can do to speed ahead to the 7th fighter? We don't have to make all the supplementary content for them at the same time as this 6th fighter, but idk, would be nice to pin down the choice ahead of time for Pop.
Well, thank you Cyborg Sun! That would help me a lot. ;)

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Alright...here are the results.

Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny: 5
Duck: 4
Matthias: 6
Pinkalicious Pinkerton and Peterrific Pinkerton: 0 :(

Based on this, the brave mouse warrior, Matthias from Redwall from PBS Kids: Brawltime! with LeapFrog making a new product, Mathias' Shield: The Quest of the Worlds so congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for his idea winning!

Now, we need to eliminate a stage job prompt from the running so please vote in the elimination poll.

Stage Job Prompt Elimination Poll
Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids show not represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that ran less than three years.
Submit a stage based on an episode of a PBS Kids show represented already that focus on art and/or creativity
Submit a stage based on a dream or imaginary world from the head of one of the playable fighters in-game
Submit a stage based on some playable fighter's drawing

Now, onto the next set of jobs.

Job 535:

Submit a homestage for Matthias. Describe its layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 536:

Submit an assist job prompt for an assist to come with Matthias.

Job 537:

Submit an item job prompt for an item to come with Matthias.

Job 538:

Submit a moveset for Matthias. Keep in mind his gimmick being the true warrior gimmick Cyborg described with the RNG dodging gimmick.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Matthias Homestage

Loamhedge Abbey Ruins

ezgif-6-dc9149a362.jpg

Ok so I was going to go with Redwall Abbey but we have a castle DLC stage so I wanted to go with something thematically different. I can envision the layout being based on Arena Ferox without any hazards and more level-ish platforms. A Redwall stage that has a layout inspired by a Fire Emblem stage is perfect for this, heh. I wanted to go with one more competitively legal stage before the game ended. Various Redwall characters cameo and the platforms are made of ruins from the area. Just a simple stage idea.

Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a character from a PBS Kids show that initially started in Canada.

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a medieval artifact or any item from medieval times.

For the assist job prompt, I wanted to do something more creative as Redwall was animated by Nelvana, a Canadian company. As for the item job prompt, I wanted to go outside the box for sure that fits with Matthias like how Sagwa had content based on Chinese culture.

I may submit a moveset for Matthias soon. I just wanted to get the jobs out now.

Also, for Pop, I will try to figure out a way to do the 7th and last fighter as soon as possible for you. But, I love the idea of you doing the developer commentary for Brawltime! PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

If anyone wants, I would love to do the same thing that Pop is doing for me as well for fun. Please let me know what topics you want me to share behind-the-scenes info about as there are some topics I want to share insight about! Maybe after we're done with Matthias's stuff and before we do the LeapFrog stuff, we can determine the 7th fighter if that's good with everyone!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Matthias Homestage

Saint Ninian's Church

I just thought it would be cool if there was a stage based on a church, so for as long as the representation is done properly. The stage layout can be similar to Great Plateau Tower, where the stage takes place in the church's bell tower, where there is a permanent unbreakable and solid roof high above the main ground where upwards launch will not work! There is also a big bell in the center that rings whenever it's hit, occasionally stunning other fighters or confusing them, making them walk in opposite directions!

Other than that, I agree with the rest of AlteredBeast's submissions ;)

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Matthias Homestage

Loamhedge Abbey Ruins

View attachment 394143

Ok so I was going to go with Redwall Abbey but we have a castle DLC stage so I wanted to go with something thematically different. I can envision the layout being based on Arena Ferox without any hazards and more level-ish platforms. A Redwall stage that has a layout inspired by a Fire Emblem stage is perfect for this, heh. I wanted to go with one more competitively legal stage before the game ended. Various Redwall characters cameo and the platforms are made of ruins from the area. Just a simple stage idea.

PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

If anyone wants, I would love to do the same thing that Pop is doing for me as well for fun. Please let me know what topics you want me to share behind-the-scenes info about as there are some topics I want to share insight about! Maybe after we're done with Matthias's stuff and before we do the LeapFrog stuff, we can determine the 7th fighter if that's good with everyone!
Matthias Homestage

Saint Ninian's Church

I just thought it would be cool if there was a stage based on a church, so for as long as the representation is done properly. The stage layout can be similar to Great Plateau Tower, where the stage takes place in the church's bell tower, where there is a permanent unbreakable and solid roof high above the main ground where upwards launch will not work! There is also a big bell in the center that rings whenever it's hit, occasionally stunning other fighters or confusing them, making them walk in opposite directions!
I will close the homestage job for Matthias as well as the job prompts for assists and stages if no one else has any other ideas. Also, for the other stage job prompts, the job prompt for stages poll ended in a tie so…I feel that the job based on a character’s dream should be eliminated given we have done that prompt before for a stage so sorry CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Please vote for Matthias’s homestage below.

Matthias Homestage Poll
Loamhedge Abbey Ruins AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Saint Ninian’s Church PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, we’re going to skip ahead for a little and pin down the choice for our last guest character with our company/media outlet selection now whenever Pop is ready!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alrighty, now I'm ready! And by "ready", I mean sorry I am so late on this, but I'm ready now, lol. Boy, does it feel kinda weird to be doing the 6th Learner's Pass vol. 2 fighter AND the 7th Learner's Pass vol. 2 fighter both at the same time, but AT the same time by coincidence, I did want to be over with the thread as soon as possible anyways, so here goes......

Job #539(?): Well, it has certainly been a very long road for the development of PBS Kids: Brawltime!, but now, we're finally reaching the end of that road at long last (Until the DE content, that is). Man, it will be tough saying goodbye to developing this game for the past several years, and how to honor all the past contributers who made this whole thread possible. I figured as a way to celebrate the last DLC fighter arriving and as a very good way to say "good-bye!", We're going to make our final, FINAL character job prompt our 3rd guest fighter to be included to the game! Yes, we're going to wrap up the development of PBS Kids: Brawltime! by adding characters from kids' shows and media outside of and not really owned or affiliated with PBS Kids once again for one last time! For this job, you are to submit a TV channel, block or any other major media outlet made towards kids! Here are some things to consider when submitting to this job:

• Post a picture of something representing that category whether it would be the logo of that TV channel, characters that fit in the category, etc.
  • Explain a bit about your choice and why it should be the first category for our first guest character.
  • Give examples of potential fighters and other content.
  • Submit up to 3 job prompts for assists, stages and items. (One assist, stage and item job for the guest character will be based on their own series)
  • Describe the story mode chapter for the guest character (you can make it a two-part story mode)
  • Optional: if you want any specific Legacy Skin or PBS Kids Archives prompts to fit into your category.

My submission:

Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior

Playhouse Disney was previously submitted by CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 , while Disney Jr. was previously submitted by Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun , but I figured and combine the two channels together in one prompt to make things a bit more convenient and to open the door to many choices for our final DLC fighter. I mean, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, a Disney-Square Enix property, is Smash Ultimate's final DLC fighter, and the Penguin from Club Penguin, which is a Disney property, BTW, is the final DLC fighter for my now-completed thread here on SmashBoards, Bloons Blowout, so I figured It would make a lot of sense for PBS Kids: Brawltime! to end with a Disney character as the final fighter. Playhouse Disney was Disney's TV programming block in the 2000's aimed for kids ages 2-5, and was home to some of the best well-known award-winning kids' shows that plenty of people have fond memories of, such as Bear in the Big, Blue House, Little Einsteins and Rolie Polie Olie. In 2011, the channel rebranded as Disney Junior, where it continued to show many popular kids' shows, lke Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sofia the First, The Lion Guard, Doc McStuffins, and Spidey and his Amazing Friends. (Boy, how ironic would it be to see the kid versions of Spidey, Spidey-Gwen and Miles get in as fighters?!)

In terms of what fighters are eligible, well, even for words, I can't describe how many, since there's so many iconic kids shows on both channels, and heck, we could actually get in a fighter with ties to Disney's past film works, which I personally think would be really cool.

As for job prompts, well, again, too much to explain in words! All stage, item, and assist prompts would revolve getting in so may famous Disney characters form kids' shows!

For the story mode chapter, well........the possibilities are literally ENDLESS!, but I was thinking a bit more of a story mode chapter in the style of a classic Disney movie with a Kingdom Hearts-flair to it.

The Legacy Skin part could be really fun, why not have a select number of the whole existing roster of fighters cosplay as Playhouse Disney or Disney Junior characters? And heck, why not cosplays of other very famous Disney characters?! No need to limit it to those 2 channels!

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Alright so I could have resubmitted my "Other Kids Media that Can Work as PBS Kids shows" but...since this is the last DLC fighter for Learner's Pass Vol. 2, let's end on a BIGGER note.

As Pop has submitted before but a bit more expanded...

Nick Jr./Noggin

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault-1.jpg

Nick Jr. does not really need much of an introduction but...starting way back in 1988, Nick Jr. is one of the most, if not THE most iconic kids programming block in the world as Pop has said. Nick Jr. is literally all around the world while PBS Kids is predominantly an American thing (while PBS Kids does have channels in Australia and I think parts of Africa). So many iconic kids IPs aired on there including Dora the Explorers, Blue's Clues, The Backyardigans, etc. There's even shared programming between PBS Kids and Nick Jr. given various Nick Jr. channels around the world aired TV shows that also aired on PBS Kids including Sesame Street (in the UK and Australia Nick Jr. I think), Bob the Builder, Thomas and Friends, etc. There's also the whole thing where Dora the Explorer aired on Sprout but...I don't know if I believe that.

Noggin is included given this network was a joint collaboration between Nick Jr. and Sesame Workshop (some of the Sesame Street characters even got their own show on Noggin called Play With Me Sesame). Noggin is more obscure but you still got to see all the Nick Jr. shows airing on there. While I do think Pop's reasoning for a Playhouse Disney fighter has that sticking power a bit more, Nick Jr. is just more of the bigger rival to PBS Kids and the fact that it's funny that a Nick Jr. character would be DLC as...after all, you had to have cable to watch Nick Jr. so there's that. Funny enough, Nick Jr. characters had a chance to be in the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl games but that's more than likely not going to happen. PBS Kids: Brawltime! is their chance to shine.

As for the stages, assists and items, there's countless ideas I have:

• Content from the live action shows on the network
  • Content from their ever iconic shows like Dora the Explorer and Blue's Clues
  • Content from the anime that aired on Nick Jr. in their beginning years; another reason why I picked Nick Jr. to fit in with the epilogue of the Story Mode ;)
  • Content from the modern Nick Jr. shows
  • Content from the Noggin side of things
And much more!

As for the story mode, there's lots of cool ideas but...I have a few:

• One being inspired by Nicktoons Unite and Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary's Great Maze where the PBS Kids and Nick Jr. worlds combine.
  • One being based on the special episode of The Fairly Odd Parents called Channel Chasers where you travel through various Nick Jr. shows and such.
  • One idea being where the PBS Kids find some portal where they enter the Nick Jr. verse and the Nick Jr. character enters the Neon Gaming City and they need to find the mystery of the multiverse.
Lots of possibilities.

As for Legacy Skins, there are lots of opportunities for the PBS Kids characters to cosplay as characters from the Nick Jr./Noggin IPs and such. We will reserve one Legacy Skin for the Nick Jr. character to cosplay as a PBS Kids character or gain PBS Kids-style iconography.Heck, maybe we can reserve one of the skins for a Nickelodeon character to reference the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl games ;) For PBS Kids Archives stuff, there will be lots of potential ideas for crossover episodes and crossover website games (I have a few in mind).

For this job, you can submit any sort of kids media block/outlet. Even those that are defunct are allowed. Some of these ideas include:

• Other Kids Media that Can Work as PBS Kids Shows
  • Cartoonito
  • TLC's Ready Set Learn!/Discovery Kids
  • CBeebies
  • Starfall
  • World Masterpiece Theater
There's much more out there but use this as a starting point! Get submitting!

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
So, I think I prefer the other submissions but I wanna throw my hat in the ring at least. I might get to making a Matthias moveset if no one else beats me to it, but I've been kinda hogging most of the recent moveset jobs so IDK. Would be nice for someone else to make a moveset with a Nature Cat copy move anyhow... but anyways, this one has a history with PBS:

Amazon Prime Video
Prime.png

An odd looking one at a glance, but if you really know PBS' history, you'll know that Amazon is actually one of PBS' biggest partners, offering a lot of their shows through their streaming service (including quite a few legacy shows that otherwise have no presence on the PBS KIDS website these days... Piggley Winks lives on in here). oh and they also made the clifford reboot which... exists, lmao

But this isn't about some backdoor attempt to make just another PBS character be the final DLC addition; No, this is about their original shows! Because as it turns out, a few of their originals are wholesome cartoons with unique art styles that honestly feel like they'd fit in with PBS' library. My personal choices for potential reps are shows like If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, Pete the Cat, and Tumble Leaf.

Other content... well, it's your general assortment. Legacy skins based on other kids shows from here, stage reskins, completely new stages, the works. I'm also admittedly still not super well-versed in the story mode you guys made, but... I dunno, maybe have it so that the universe/multiverse happens to be next door to the PBS one? Might be neat.

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
Ok, normally, I COMPLETELY agree with PopCultureCorn's submission that a Disney character has to be the final DLC fighter, I might as well resubmit one of IkeaInklingMustHappen's submissions, BrainPop
Brainpop

Haha, funny robot along with all his friends help teach kids about all KINDS of subjects.

Content? Self-explanatory, new fighter, stages, assists and items, all that stuff

Story Mode chapter? Well, even to me, it's frankly quite tricky, but given the whole technology theme of it all, having it take place in that neon gaming city would be kinda fitting.

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
Completely agree with PopCultureCorn, but resubmitting World Masterpiece Theater

World Masterpiece Theater

I'm gonna be honest here, I do actually want some anime representation in PBS Kids media, it would just be a lot of fun and it can fit into what animation styles are popular today.

Content? Self-explanatory, new fighter, stages, assists and items, yadda yadda yadda ;)

Story Mode chapter? That is kind of a tricky part, but maybe something involving the whole PBS Kids world going all anime for a moment?

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
My submission:

Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior

Playhouse Disney was previously submitted by CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 , while Disney Jr. was previously submitted by Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun , but I figured and combine the two channels together in one prompt to make things a bit more convenient and to open the door to many choices for our final DLC fighter. I mean, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, a Disney-Square Enix property, is Smash Ultimate's final DLC fighter, and the Penguin from Club Penguin, which is a Disney property, BTW, is the final DLC fighter for my now-completed thread here on SmashBoards, Bloons Blowout, so I figured It would make a lot of sense for PBS Kids: Brawltime! to end with a Disney character as the final fighter. Playhouse Disney was Disney's TV programming block in the 2000's aimed for kids ages 2-5, and was home to some of the best well-known award-winning kids' shows that plenty of people have fond memories of, such as Bear in the Big, Blue House, Little Einsteins and Rolie Polie Olie. In 2011, the channel rebranded as Disney Junior, where it continued to show many popular kids' shows, lke Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sofia the First, The Lion Guard, Doc McStuffins, and Spidey and his Amazing Friends. (Boy, how ironic would it be to see the kid versions of Spidey, Spidey-Gwen and Miles get in as fighters?!)

In terms of what fighters are eligible, well, even for words, I can't describe how many, since there's so many iconic kids shows on both channels, and heck, we could actually get in a fighter with ties to Disney's past film works, which I personally think would be really cool.

As for job prompts, well, again, too much to explain in words! All stage, item, and assist prompts would revolve getting in so may famous Disney characters form kids' shows!

For the story mode chapter, well........the possibilities are literally ENDLESS!, but I was thinking a bit more of a story mode chapter in the style of a classic Disney movie with a Kingdom Hearts-flair to it.

The Legacy Skin part could be really fun, why not have a select number of the whole existing roster of fighters cosplay as Playhouse Disney or Disney Junior characters? And heck, why not cosplays of other very famous Disney characters?! No need to limit it to those 2 channels!
Alright so I could have resubmitted my "Other Kids Media that Can Work as PBS Kids shows" but...since this is the last DLC fighter for Learner's Pass Vol. 2, let's end on a BIGGER note.

As Pop has submitted before but a bit more expanded...

Nick Jr./Noggin

View attachment 394246View attachment 394247

Nick Jr. does not really need much of an introduction but...starting way back in 1988, Nick Jr. is one of the most, if not THE most iconic kids programming block in the world as Pop has said. Nick Jr. is literally all around the world while PBS Kids is predominantly an American thing (while PBS Kids does have channels in Australia and I think parts of Africa). So many iconic kids IPs aired on there including Dora the Explorers, Blue's Clues, The Backyardigans, etc. There's even shared programming between PBS Kids and Nick Jr. given various Nick Jr. channels around the world aired TV shows that also aired on PBS Kids including Sesame Street (in the UK and Australia Nick Jr. I think), Bob the Builder, Thomas and Friends, etc. There's also the whole thing where Dora the Explorer aired on Sprout but...I don't know if I believe that.

Noggin is included given this network was a joint collaboration between Nick Jr. and Sesame Workshop (some of the Sesame Street characters even got their own show on Noggin called Play With Me Sesame). Noggin is more obscure but you still got to see all the Nick Jr. shows airing on there. While I do think Pop's reasoning for a Playhouse Disney fighter has that sticking power a bit more, Nick Jr. is just more of the bigger rival to PBS Kids and the fact that it's funny that a Nick Jr. character would be DLC as...after all, you had to have cable to watch Nick Jr. so there's that. Funny enough, Nick Jr. characters had a chance to be in the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl games but that's more than likely not going to happen. PBS Kids: Brawltime! is their chance to shine.

As for the stages, assists and items, there's countless ideas I have:

• Content from the live action shows on the network
  • Content from their ever iconic shows like Dora the Explorer and Blue's Clues
  • Content from the anime that aired on Nick Jr. in their beginning years; another reason why I picked Nick Jr. to fit in with the epilogue of the Story Mode ;)
  • Content from the modern Nick Jr. shows
  • Content from the Noggin side of things
And much more!

As for the story mode, there's lots of cool ideas but...I have a few:

• One being inspired by Nicktoons Unite and Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary's Great Maze where the PBS Kids and Nick Jr. worlds combine.
  • One being based on the special episode of The Fairly Odd Parents called Channel Chasers where you travel through various Nick Jr. shows and such.
  • One idea being where the PBS Kids find some portal where they enter the Nick Jr. verse and the Nick Jr. character enters the Neon Gaming City and they need to find the mystery of the multiverse.
Lots of possibilities.

As for Legacy Skins, there are lots of opportunities for the PBS Kids characters to cosplay as characters from the Nick Jr./Noggin IPs and such. We will reserve one Legacy Skin for the Nick Jr. character to cosplay as a PBS Kids character or gain PBS Kids-style iconography.Heck, maybe we can reserve one of the skins for a Nickelodeon character to reference the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl games ;) For PBS Kids Archives stuff, there will be lots of potential ideas for crossover episodes and crossover website games (I have a few in mind).

For this job, you can submit any sort of kids media block/outlet. Even those that are defunct are allowed. Some of these ideas include:

• Other Kids Media that Can Work as PBS Kids Shows
  • Cartoonito
  • TLC's Ready Set Learn!/Discovery Kids
  • CBeebies
  • Starfall
  • World Masterpiece Theater
There's much more out there but use this as a starting point! Get submitting!
So, I think I prefer the other submissions but I wanna throw my hat in the ring at least. I might get to making a Matthias moveset if no one else beats me to it, but I've been kinda hogging most of the recent moveset jobs so IDK. Would be nice for someone else to make a moveset with a Nature Cat copy move anyhow... but anyways, this one has a history with PBS:

Amazon Prime Video
View attachment 394261

An odd looking one at a glance, but if you really know PBS' history, you'll know that Amazon is actually one of PBS' biggest partners, offering a lot of their shows through their streaming service (including quite a few legacy shows that otherwise have no presence on the PBS KIDS website these days... Piggley Winks lives on in here). oh and they also made the clifford reboot which... exists, lmao

But this isn't about some backdoor attempt to make just another PBS character be the final DLC addition; No, this is about their original shows! Because as it turns out, a few of their originals are wholesome cartoons with unique art styles that honestly feel like they'd fit in with PBS' library. My personal choices for potential reps are shows like If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, Pete the Cat, and Tumble Leaf.

Other content... well, it's your general assortment. Legacy skins based on other kids shows from here, stage reskins, completely new stages, the works. I'm also admittedly still not super well-versed in the story mode you guys made, but... I dunno, maybe have it so that the universe/multiverse happens to be next door to the PBS one? Might be neat.
Ok, normally, I COMPLETELY agree with PopCultureCorn's submission that a Disney character has to be the final DLC fighter, I might as well resubmit one of IkeaInklingMustHappen's submissions, BrainPop
Completely agree with PopCultureCorn, but resubmitting World Masterpiece Theater
As for Matthias's homestage, Pop's idea will get into being Saint Ninian's Church so well done to him! Now, we will take a bit of a break from Matthias's content to pan out future content. After Learner's Pass Vol. 2, I envision there will be another round of updates for about a year before the Definitive Edition comes out. That means we get another round of Sponsorship Packs, a free update, another small guest party pack, etc.

For the guest character company, vote for your top 2 but your own can only come in second!

Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Nick Jr./Noggin AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Amazon Prime Video Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

BrainPop CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

World Masterpiece Theater IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Now, onto our next two jobs!

Job 540:

Submit a job prompt for a sponsor for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit. You can submit ONLY ONE prompt for either a brand with PBS Kids history or no PBS Kids history. Also, you cannot submit a prompt for a Super Sponsor as Super Sponsors will still be a free-for-all with a tie-in product. Make sure your job prompt is specific but leaves room for awesome submissions! We will either do the top two submissions for each brand category (PBS Kids history or no PBS Kids history) where you can choose between either or to submit a brand to sponsor the circuit or not.

Job 541:

Submit a job prompt for an educational company submission for an educational company getting an update themed around their products similar to the Championship Circuit sponsor jobs.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

1. Amazon Prime Video (I love this idea as Amazon does have PBS Kids connections...it could work really well.)
2. Nick Jr./Noggin (Self-vote but I feel Nick Jr. makes more sense than Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior as Nick Jr. has always been PBS Kids's rival.)

All the other ideas are great. Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior would be very fun as well and makes sense with paralleling with other platform fighters.

Sponsor Job Prompt

Submit a sponsor that has/doesn't have PBS Kids history that is an educational website of some form.

Educational/Edutainment Company Job Prompt Submission

Submit an educational company to get free content in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is a company that produces products/learning kits used in schools.

The sponsor job prompt is one I had a while back. Another educational website sponsor can be fun. We got things like Curious World as well as Starfall and the liking. Heck, even BrainPop could be a sponsor or Super Sponsor.

The educational company idea is one I had in the works as well. PBS Kids does provide learning kits/materials for schools. Why not get an educational comapny make some learning kits for PBS Kids like Super Duper Publications, Lakeshore Learning Materials. etc.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Amazon Prime Video (I mean, I do really like this idea too, If You Gave a Mouse a Cookie is a classic to me)
2. Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior (self-vote, but I think it makes too much sense)

Sponsor Job Prompt

Submit a sponsor without PBS Kids history but has a famous food brand that many kids recognize.

Educational/Edutainment Company Job Prompt Submission

Submit an education or edutainment company that famously specialized in PC games in the 90's and will either get a retro collection or possibly a new entry altogether!

Last edited:

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
1. Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior (I'm with PoppyCultureCorn on this one, it makes so much sense)
2. Nick. Jr./Noggin (I mean, I did submit this initially and I still think it would be nice to see some representation here)

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Wow, we’re getting so many votes in quickly and I love it. Also, please remember to do the job prompt jobs! I also hope to get around to doing a Matthias moveset soon…

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Alright...time for the big reveal! Here is the last guest character company for Learner's Pass Vol. 2!

Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior: 7
Nick Jr./Noggin: 2
Amazon Prime Video: 6
BrainPop: 0 :(
World Masterpiece Theater: 0 :(

Well...it seems we are wishing upon stars for this one and unlocking the key to victory, Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior will be the last guest character company to get content for Learner's Pass Vol. 2 for PBS Kids: Brawltime! so congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

As for Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen and CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Please try and do the two job prompt jobs. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but...dig deep and really dig out a good idea. Now, whenever Pop is ready, we will prepare to submit for our last Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok.....well....this feels kind of.....I don't know if I can describe it, but here goes ^^

Job #542: Well, here we (really) are.....we've REALLY gone this far now into the development of PBS Kids: Brawltime! It sure has been a really long and hard road for the development of this great project, and now a little two years later, we've finally reached the end of that road in terms of main game content. Even I don't really know myself on how to describe this, but it will be quite the feeling to get to say "good-bye" to this project after so long. To celebrate the thread getting this far into development until the very end, let's all do one last newcomer submission job for this special occasion, and we're going to make it very special indeed. For this last newcomer submission job, you are to submit a character who hails from a show that aired on Playhouse Disney or Disney Junior! Yep, similar to how Sora from Kingdom Hearts was Smash Ultimate's last DLC fighter, we too are going to have a Disney character be our last fighter to join the roster. (Until DE content...) As with any character submission job, please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. BTW, characters from Marvel and Star Wars Disney Junior shows will be allowed in too, even though this might spark some discussion later on. It would very very interesting to see what Disney characters others might come up with. This is our very last character submission job, so be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination! (Disney style!)

My submission:

Bear (Bear in the Big Blue House)

He's from one of those Playhouse Disney shows that I bet needs no introduction, but here's Bear! Meet this big, loveable fellow who welcomes you to his Big Blue House every time you stop by! Every episode starts with him catching the "scent" of his visitors, before welcoming them in where he and the rest of his friends all share simple lessons about various things in the house. And who could ever forget that iconic moment at the end of every episode where Bear sings a good-bye song to Luna the Moon at night? "How was your day in the Big Blue House?" -Luna the Moon at the end segment of every episode.

I think he deserves a spot since his show's iconic and that the feel of his show does kind of match up to most other PBS Kids shows out there.

In terms of his playstyle, he'd be that typical bipedal heavyweight who although moves a bit slower than average, he makes his weight to great use, and he can use the many objects in the Big Blue House for combat as well as all of his friends to assist him in the battle too!

Ok.....so the bottom submission is just some idea that I HAD to write down, but there's really no need to include that one, since it's just a random fun idea that I had.

Spidey and his Amazing Friends

They can be similar to the Powerpuff Girls from Multiversus, where you essentially control all 3 of them at once and all their attacks would have them all be in sync with each other or just working together in general.

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
Oh BOY! Am I so excited for this!

Sofia the First

I figured I'd submit the first Disney Junior submission here. Meet Sofia the First, the crown princess of the Kingdom of Enchancia! Initially starting life as an ordinary peasant girl in said Kingdom, her life changed when her mother married the King, to which she became a princess, as well as recieving a magical amulet (With connections to Avalor, which appears in another Disney show for kids....) given to her by her new royal father, which blesses her for anything good she does and curses her for her wrongdoings. In addition, her amulet also has the iconic power to summon various Disney Princesses whenever help is needed or something needs to be learned.

Why she deserves to be in? Well.....I just think it would be fun to have a guest character who actually references many of Disney's iconic past history in terms of animated film, since, well, Disney! I also feel there's no Peach or Daisy or Zelda counterpart to this game and I think she can fulfill this role. ^^

In terms of her playstyle, all I gotta say is the whole Peach or Daisy or Zelda playstyle, but one grand idea I had is....well, if only the game had a final smash-like mechanic (Maybe she can be an exception?), she's summon every Disney Princess in history to unleash one big attack! Think of like those images below, just with....you know, Disney Princesses!

Another idea I had is, you know that Sora has a unique stamina battle ending scene in Smash Ultimate? Sofia can have something similar here!

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
I am so excited for it too!

Kion (The Lion Guard)

I figured I might as well submit a Disney Junior submission too. To celebrate the Lion King's 30th anniversary this year, Meet Kion, the second born cub to Simba and the new leader of the Lion Guard, which consists of team members with the unique special traits of fiercest, bravest, fastest, strongest, and keenest of sight, to protect the Pride Lands and defend the Circle of Life. Kion is also gifted by the past rulers of the Pride Lands a power known as the Roar of the Elders.

Why does he deserve to be in? Well, frankly, because I realized that not many Disney games have playable characters from the Lion King, as they say it would be too hard to animate the Lions properly, but here in PBS Kids: Brawltime!, why not we take some risks and make this lion playable? Plus, it's the Lion King's 30th anniversary this year, so why not give that very special Disney movie some attention here?

In terms of his playstyle? He could fight like a lion, and his super attack can have him using the Roar of the Elders to seriously blast everyone off the stage! Oh yeah, and his teammates can also come out to assist him in the battle to, using their unique traits to get the job done.

Also, like CoolCarrot suggested for Sofia, Kion can have a unique battle ending scene too!

Also Also, like PoppyCultureCorn, this is just an idea I had that I wanted to write down, so no need to include this one, but I thought it would still be fun to share:

Jedi Nubs (Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures)
1726544336918.png

Well, what more? It's Star Wars! Let's have a Lightsaber one to get in! (Ok I know this one's not gonna count, but still!)

Also.....
In the recently released LEGO Star Wars: Rebuild the Galaxy, there was actually a Darth Nubs! Why not have that be an alt for him?

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
For Jobs 540 and 541:

Submit a streaming service sponsor!

Submit a defunct educational company! They're being brought back from the dead and making their grand re-entrance as a sponsor in this universe.

First sorta ties in to my Amazon submission (which I can't believe only lost by 1 point! it was more popular than I anticipated!), the second I thought could be a cool "end with a bang" thing.

But now... the "final character" submission... and one you probably saw coming a mile away.

Bluey

comeonyouknowiwasgonnadothis.jpg

For real life?! Yup, it's the beloved Australian preschool cartoon character who's become a worldwide superstar thanks to Disney acquiring the rights... a show that's transcended the shackles of relative obscurity that many other preschool shows suffer from, the go-to argument that kids these days still have some great content to learn from...

There's lots to say about Bluey the show... but as for Bluey the character? Well, what ISN'T she?! She's energetic, curious, friendly, caring, strong-willed... she's a little bit of everything, really. As the "final" fighter, we need a playstyle that goes wild... so, being the shining example of what a preschool show should be... she's going to be everything.

...Ahem, I should explain. We've had some stance-type fighters in the past, but Bluey should really lean into that. Switching into multiple "modes" on the fly, this little Heeler will have an answer for just about any situation! Aggressive, defensive, even a more supportive mode for team battles... you name it! It's the insanity of some of the third-party Smash fighters, combined with the inherently simple style of Brawltime, heh heh heh... only the best for such a modern-day legend, eh?

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
I did consider a few characters but…it’s time to go with THE original Disney character that was meant for preschoolers…

Pooh Bear (Winnie the Pooh)

IMG_4318.png

Initially…I wanted to go with Clay (that one Playhouse Disney block mascot) and give him a shapeshifting gimmick but…I feel we should end off with probably one of the bigger names in preschool media. Even with the books becoming public domain (and with that horrible horror movie series that came out based on Pooh), Winnie the Pooh has quite the history with Playhouse Disney. Lots of shows based on his world such as Book of Pooh, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, etc. He literally is iconic and can represent both the Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior library and the fact he is a Disney character too.

As for how he fights, he would be a middle heavyweight with a passive themed moveset. There would be a variety of references from the Hundred Acre Woods and all that fun stuff.

For his gimmick…

Hunny Pot Havoc

My idea for a gimmick for Pooh would be similar to various Winnie the Pooh video games where he has Hunny Pots as lives. Here, they give him consistent power. Over the time during the battle, you can get them. However, once you lose one, they are gone for the match. Depending on the amount of Hunny Pots you have at the end of the match will determine your battle ending cinematic with Pooh’s friends from the Hundred Acre Woods.

An overall solid pick here for sure.

I will leave the job open until tomorrow! There’s still lots of potential choices for a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior fighter! Also, for CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 and IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen
Please try and do the job prompt jobs as well. Those will close at the same time so we can pan out this game’s life before the Definitive Edition comes out! Regardless, get submitting!

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
My submission:

Bear (Bear in the Big Blue House)

He's from one of those Playhouse Disney shows that I bet needs no introduction, but here's Bear! Meet this big, loveable fellow who welcomes you to his Big Blue House every time you stop by! Every episode starts with him catching the "scent" of his visitors, before welcoming them in where he and the rest of his friends all share simple lessons about various things in the house. And who could ever forget that iconic moment at the end of every episode where Bear sings a good-bye song to Luna the Moon at night? "How was your day in the Big Blue House?" -Luna the Moon at the end segment of every episode.

I think he deserves a spot since his show's iconic and that the feel of his show does kind of match up to most other PBS Kids shows out there.

In terms of his playstyle, he'd be that typical bipedal heavyweight who although moves a bit slower than average, he makes his weight to great use, and he can use the many objects in the Big Blue House for combat as well as all of his friends to assist him in the battle too!
Oh BOY! Am I so excited for this!

Sofia the First

I figured I'd submit the first Disney Junior submission here. Meet Sofia the First, the crown princess of the Kingdom of Enchancia! Initially starting life as an ordinary peasant girl in said Kingdom, her life changed when her mother married the King, to which she became a princess, as well as recieving a magical amulet (With connections to Avalor, which appears in another Disney show for kids....) given to her by her new royal father, which blesses her for anything good she does and curses her for her wrongdoings. In addition, her amulet also has the iconic power to summon various Disney Princesses whenever help is needed or something needs to be learned.

Why she deserves to be in? Well.....I just think it would be fun to have a guest character who actually references many of Disney's iconic past history in terms of animated film, since, well, Disney! I also feel there's no Peach or Daisy or Zelda counterpart to this game and I think she can fulfill this role. ^^

In terms of her playstyle, all I gotta say is the whole Peach or Daisy or Zelda playstyle, but one grand idea I had is....well, if only the game had a final smash-like mechanic (Maybe she can be an exception?), she's summon every Disney Princess in history to unleash one big attack! Think of like those images below, just with....you know, Disney Princesses!

Another idea I had is, you know that Sora has a unique stamina battle ending scene in Smash Ultimate? Sofia can have something similar here!
I am so excited for it too!

Kion (The Lion Guard)

I figured I might as well submit a Disney Junior submission too. To celebrate the Lion King's 30th anniversary this year, Meet Kion, the second born cub to Simba and the new leader of the Lion Guard, which consists of team members with the unique special traits of fiercest, bravest, fastest, strongest, and keenest of sight, to protect the Pride Lands and defend the Circle of Life. Kion is also gifted by the past rulers of the Pride Lands a power known as the Roar of the Elders.

Why does he deserve to be in? Well, frankly, because I realized that not many Disney games have playable characters from the Lion King, as they say it would be too hard to animate the Lions properly, but here in PBS Kids: Brawltime!, why not we take some risks and make this lion playable? Plus, it's the Lion King's 30th anniversary this year, so why not give that very special Disney movie some attention here?

In terms of his playstyle? He could fight like a lion, and his super attack can have him using the Roar of the Elders to seriously blast everyone off the stage! Oh yeah, and his teammates can also come out to assist him in the battle to, using their unique traits to get the job done.

Also, like CoolCarrot suggested for Sofia, Kion can have a unique battle ending scene too!
For Jobs 540 and 541:

Submit a streaming service sponsor!

Submit a defunct educational company! They're being brought back from the dead and making their grand re-entrance as a sponsor in this universe.

First sorta ties in to my Amazon submission (which I can't believe only lost by 1 point! it was more popular than I anticipated!), the second I thought could be a cool "end with a bang" thing.

But now... the "final character" submission... and one you probably saw coming a mile away.

Bluey

View attachment 394386

For real life?! Yup, it's the beloved Australian preschool cartoon character who's become a worldwide superstar thanks to Disney acquiring the rights... a show that's transcended the shackles of relative obscurity that many other preschool shows suffer from, the go-to argument that kids these days still have some great content to learn from...

There's lots to say about Bluey the show... but as for Bluey the character? Well, what ISN'T she?! She's energetic, curious, friendly, caring, strong-willed... she's a little bit of everything, really. As the "final" fighter, we need a playstyle that goes wild... so, being the shining example of what a preschool show should be... she's going to be everything.

...Ahem, I should explain. We've had some stance-type fighters in the past, but Bluey should really lean into that. Switching into multiple "modes" on the fly, this little Heeler will have an answer for just about any situation! Aggressive, defensive, even a more supportive mode for team battles... you name it! It's the insanity of some of the third-party Smash fighters, combined with the inherently simple style of Brawltime, heh heh heh... only the best for such a modern-day legend, eh?
I did consider a few characters but…it’s time to go with THE original Disney character that was meant for preschoolers…

Pooh Bear (Winnie the Pooh)

View attachment 394391

Initially…I wanted to go with Clay (that one Playhouse Disney block mascot) and give him a shapeshifting gimmick but…I feel we should end off with probably one of the bigger names in preschool media. Even with the books becoming public domain (and with that horrible horror movie series that came out based on Pooh), Winnie the Pooh has quite the history with Playhouse Disney. Lots of shows based on his world such as Book of Pooh, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, etc. He literally is iconic and can represent both the Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior library and the fact he is a Disney character too.

As for how he fights, he would be a middle heavyweight with a passive themed moveset. There would be a variety of references from the Hundred Acre Woods and all that fun stuff.

For his gimmick…

Hunny Pot Havoc

My idea for a gimmick for Pooh would be similar to various Winnie the Pooh video games where he has Hunny Pots as lives. Here, they give him consistent power. Over the time during the battle, you can get them. However, once you lose one, they are gone for the match. Depending on the amount of Hunny Pots you have at the end of the match will determine your battle ending cinematic with Pooh’s friends from the Hundred Acre Woods.

An overall solid pick here for sure.

I will leave the job open until tomorrow! There’s still lots of potential choices for a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior fighter! Also, for CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 and IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen
Please try and do the job prompt jobs as well. Those will close at the same time so we can pan out this game’s life before the Definitive Edition comes out! Regardless, get submitting!
Alright, I will close all the current jobs for now. Thanks to Pop, you will vote for your top 3 submissions but your own can't come in first! Also, vote for your favorite educational/edutainment company prompt in terms of your top 2. For me, Pop and Cyborg, we can't put our own in first!

Bear (Bear in the Big Blue House) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick/Quirk: Big Blue House Iconography and Special Battle Ending Cinematic

Sofia the First CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick/Quirk: Summoning Gimmick

Kion (The Lion Guard) IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick/Quirk: Quadrupedal with summoning teammates

Bluey Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Gimmick/Quirk: Mode Gimmick/Stance Fighter

Pooh Bear (Winnie the Pooh) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick/Quirk: Pasive Fighting with Hunny Pot Havoc

Educational/Edutainment Company Job Prompts:

Submit an educational company to get free content in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is a company that produces products/learning kits used in schools. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Submit an education or edutainment company that famously specialized in PC games in the 90's and will either get a retro collection or possibly a new entry altogether! PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Submit a defunct educational company! They're being brought back from the dead and making their grand re-entrance as a sponsor in this universe. Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Now, we are taking a break from Matthias's stuff for a little just to pan out the stuff for when we get done the content for the Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighters!

It's sponsor time once more!

Job 543:

Well....another year has passed and now, it will soon be time for the fifth year of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! We will once again be having five companies sponsoring once more! Now, more companies (as expected) who have had history with sponsoring PBS Kids programming as well as companies with no history with the network are contacting the e-sports team behind the Competitive Circuit as well as the Brawltime! development team for content in the form of a Sponsorship Pack as we expected!

Submit up to two companies to sponsor the fifth year of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! One company must have had history with sponsoring PBS Kids programming and one company must have had no history at all with sponsoring PBS Kids programming.

As for the companies, submit a logo for each. Explain a bit about each company, why you think the company/companies would want to sponsor the Competitive Circuit and give content to PBS Kids: Brawltime! and what their Sponsorship Pack will entail whether it would be an item, stage reskin, Legacy Skin, etc.

For the company that has had history of sponsoring PBS Kids programming, add in which shows the company has sponsored as well.

One of the companies you submit must fall into one of the following categories submitted by me, Pop and Cyborg Sun.

Those being:

• A sponsor that has/doesn't have PBS Kids history that is an educational website of some form.
  • A sponsor without PBS Kids history but has a famous food brand that many kids recognize.
  • A streaming service sponsor!
The top two companies from each category will get in so we will have a total of four sponsors once again!

Get submitting and voting and use your imagination!

My votes:

Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior Character:

1. Bear (I grew up with Bear in The Big Blue House and he would be a lot of fun. We started with a Muppet character in PBS Kids: Brawltime! being Big Bird and we end with Bear. Plus, Bear has crossed over with Big Bird and Barney in the We Are Family music video from the 2000s.)
2. Pooh Bear (Self-vote but...he IS the Disney preschool icon. Heck, he's such a notable figure in pop culture as well.)
3. Bluey (I love her show and it's quite a fun one. I had to explain to my dad about Bluey today surprisingly...she would be so cool.)

Educational Company Job Prompt Votes:

1. Revival of defunct company (This could provide some fun ones...I do not know many but with enough research, we can find something.)
2. Learning kits/school products (Lots of possibilities here and a niche we haven't filled yet)

I love the 90s one too but...I feel it's similar to brands we've done like JumpStart or The Learning Company.

Sponsor With PBS Kids History

Homer By Begin

homer-by-begin.png

I had trouble finding a PBS Kids sponsor but...HOMER by Begin is a more recent sponsor of PBS Kids as they have sponsored Molly of Denali, Let's Go Luna and Pinkalicious and Peteriffic. They also sponsored Dinosaur Train but there is no content from that TV show in Brawltime! yet. Funny enough, Pop wanted this app to sponsor the Championship Circuit eventually. Basically, HOMER is an Essential Early Learning App for young kids that also provides them books and other educational materials. I guess this does kind of count for my job prompt for a sponsor being about an educational website but...I feel we could use more modern PBS Kids sponsors alongside the nostalgic names. We never had an educational program/app as a sponsor for the Brawltime! Championship Circuit (besides ABCMouse.com but...that doesn't really count). Plus, Begin has had a lot of past PBS Kids history, including with Sesame Workshop and Sesame Street itself. I can imagine HOMER would make tie-in stuff based on the PBS Kids shows in Brawltime! and books based on them too covering the subjects HOMER covers.

Content for the pack:

• 1 stage reskin
  • 1 Learning Playground Form
  • 2 items
  • 2 Legacy Skins
Sponsor with NO PBS Kids History

Dairy Queen

images.jpeg

This fits Pop's prompt about food brands recognized by kids and this has been submitted before by CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 I believe. Dairy Queen, the ever-iconic American fast food ice-cream chain. They do...kind of have PBS Kids history with sponsoring local stations (that doesn't really count but) alongside the fact funny enough...they did make kids meal toys based off of the JumpStart characters (a connection to one of the edutainment brands that was our first Super Sponsor).

Basically, they are very iconic. We do not have an ice cream brand yet so...they are so perfect for that. They haven't been involved in e-sports (surprising as the term DQ is used a lot in esports) so...now's their chance. Some cool PBS Kids-themed ice cream is something to dream about for promotion after all!

Content:

• 1 Stage Reskin
  • 1-2 Items
  • 1 Legacy Skin

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Okay, vote time! For characters:

1. Sofia
2. Bluey
3. Kion

Sofia's a pretty big, somewhat-recent cult classic, so she's first in line in my votes. Kion was in the third spot, because he seems cool lol. For job prompts:

1. Learning Kits
2. Defunct Company

A school kit company would be great for a crossover like this, honestly. So, that's my top vote for that!

I found a real fun one for a sponsor with PBS history...

Beaches Family Resorts
Beaches.png

I think this is an offshoot of another resort company called "Sandals", as you can see in that logo there. But anyways, these guys are pretty frequent sponsors of Sesame Street; An operator of family resorts in the Caribbean, they're sure to bring some tropical fun!

-2 stage reskins
-2 Legacy skins
-2 items

And as for one with no history...

Starfall
Starfall.png

Wow, so this has never been submitted before here, huh? Well, time to change that. Slotting into the "education website" theme, I'm entering Starfall here, a nice little edutainment website that I remember well from my own childhood. It's been suggested a few times here and there on the thread actually... so, may as well finally take advantage. This one has a bigger Legacy Skin focus, we could preferably base them on other Starfall characters.

-3 Legacy skins
-1 new stage
-2 items

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Okay, vote time! For characters:

1. Sofia
2. Bluey
3. Kion

Sofia's a pretty big, somewhat-recent cult classic, so she's first in line in my votes. Kion was in the third spot, because he seems cool lol. For job prompts:

1. Learning Kits
2. Defunct Company

A school kit company would be great for a crossover like this, honestly. So, that's my top vote for that!

I found a real fun one for a sponsor with PBS history...

Beaches Family Resorts
View attachment 394463

I think this is an offshoot of another resort company called "Sandals", as you can see in that logo there. But anyways, these guys are pretty frequent sponsors of Sesame Street; An operator of family resorts in the Caribbean, they're sure to bring some tropical fun!

-2 stage reskins
-2 Legacy skins
-2 items

And as for one with no history...

Starfall
View attachment 394464

Wow, so this has never been submitted before here, huh? Well, time to change that. Slotting into the "education website" theme, I'm entering Starfall here, a nice little edutainment website that I remember well from my own childhood. It's been suggested a few times here and there on the thread actually... so, may as well finally take advantage. This one has a bigger Legacy Skin focus, we could preferably base them on other Starfall characters.

-3 Legacy skins
-1 new stage
-2 items
Bluey

That's all I could think of ^^"""

Top Bottom