• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Main Character of PBS Kids Show Assist

Resubmitting Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?)
Funny enough, I was going to submit Ari as the Elinor Wonders Why assist, but the functions I had in mind for him was different, that being him having the ability to fly forward and any opponent he comes to contact with, he'll grab them for a short time in the air before tossing them forward, making Ari a great tool to pressure others over a ledge, to which those with worse recoveries are pressured even more!

Main Character of PBS Kids Show Assist

Luna

About time we got her in at least!, given Rocko's in Nickelodeon All Star Brawl. As an assist, she'll just tend to mind her own business, exploring all around the stage and occasionally doing roll attacks. At full assist meter, she'll shine bright in the sky, giving the fighter she's assisting immunities to blast zones!, meaning they'll just bounce back whenever they're about to reach the outer blast zones.
Alright, so for our next stages, for the one based on a PBS Kids website game from a PBS Kids show that is not represented by a fighter, my stage for Thomas's Celebration Game won!

As for the Brambletown stage:

Weasel and Weasel's: 3
The Junkyard: 5
Underground Mushroom Caverns: 1

It seems The Junkyard will be the Brambletown stage so congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for his awesome submission!

As for the assists, my assists Ari Bat and Weasel and Weasel will get in! However, for Ari Bat's function when the assist meter is full will be the idea Pop posed. Also, for the Weasel and Weasel assist, they will function as how Cyborg Sun posed them to function.

Now, we need to vote on an assist to join the Olive pack based on a main character from a PBS Kids show so please vote below.

Main Character of PBS Kids Show Assist Poll
Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Luna (Let's Go Luna!) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto items and legacy skin job prompts!

Job 519:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from Elinor Wonders Why.

Job 520:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from Brambletown.

Job 521:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment.

As usual, describe what each item does.

Job 522:

Submit a Legacy Skin job prompt idea for the 4th Legacy Skin to come with Olive. Be super creative with the theme you want the legacy Skin to be themed around. You CANNOT submit a job prompt based around Legacy Skins themed after non-esports video game events, Legacy Skins themed after animals or major holidays, Legacy Skins based around cosplaying as another character from another PBS Kids series or around Chinese mythology or Chinese tales.

Get
submitting and use your imagination!

Elinor Wonders Why Item

Olive's Library Books

p20332595_e_h2_aa.jpg.crop.1280x720.jpg

Ok so this is kind of based on what T TommyEXTheGamer16 posed a while back but, Olive loves books so here, these books can be used like the Franklin badge in the Smash Bros games. When you pick a book up, it will protect you from a certain amount of projectiles. However, this protection will not last for long. When you are protected by her book, the book will absorb that projectile and either will heal you or you can attack your opponent back. It's a very handy item from a bookworm like Olive herself!

Brambletown Item

Dr. Mole's Bubblin' Stew

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 5.11.10 PM.jpg

Straight from Dr. Mole's Apothecary, you get some bubblin' stew! She simply created it to heal the fighters straight from the apothecary with things the old, blind healer collected from nature itself. When you see this stew spawn, you will heal about 30% of your damage and get a slight stat buff to showthat you are fully healed! It's an uncommon item so look out for itwhen you can!

Sesame Street Animated Segment Item

Teeny Little Super Guy

VymnoibUol23gd-f2z4bZoNIGJo-LPJlSywdMPJqAVo.jpg

I had to go with this guy from a very classic Sesame Street segment! When you see his cup spawn, he will be tiny as usual and will help you as he usually does in his segments. He will give you either a super strong item or a healing item based on the situation in battle. Also, he will kind of be like the Mr. Resetti assist from the Smash games and have a speech bubble motivating you to do your best in the game and how to fight. Then, he will walk around the stage and... do nothing else. He's kind of a joke item as is. He's more of your problem solver than a superhero.

Legacy Skin Job Prompt

Submit a Legacy Skin themed or based around something from Brambletown whether it's a character cosplaying as a character or just themed around the art style and such.

Did you think the Brambletown treatment was going to stop there? Think again as one fighter from PBS Kids: Brawltime! will get a Legacy Skin themed around Brambletown! Plus, it would be fun to do a Legacy Skin job based around a sole PBS Kids IP. This time, from a very recent one and a cute one. There's lots of fun we can have here!

Last edited:

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Alright, so for our next stages, for the one based on a PBS Kids website game from a PBS Kids show that is not represented by a fighter, my stage for Thomas's Celebration Game won!

As for the Brambletown stage:

Weasel and Weasel's: 3
The Junkyard: 5
Underground Mushroom Caverns: 1

It seems The Junkyard will be the Brambletown stage so congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for his awesome submission!

As for the assists, my assists Ari Bat and Weasel and Weasel will get in! However, for Ari Bat's function when the assist meter is full will be the idea Pop posed. Also, for the Weasel and Weasel assist, they will function as how Cyborg Sun posed them to function.

Now, we need to vote on an assist to join the Olive pack based on a main character from a PBS Kids show so please vote below.

Main Character of PBS Kids Show Assist Poll
Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Luna (Let's Go Luna!) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto items and legacy skin job prompts!

Job 519:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from Elinor Wonders Why.

Job 520:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from Brambletown.

Job 521:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment.

As usual, describe what each item does.

Job 522:

Submit a Legacy Skin job prompt idea for the 4th Legacy Skin to come with Olive. Be super creative with the theme you want the legacy Skin to be themed around. You CANNOT submit a job prompt based around Legacy Skins themed after non-esports video game events, Legacy Skins themed after animals or major holidays, Legacy Skins based around cosplaying as another character from another PBS Kids series or around Chinese mythology or Chinese tales.

Get
submitting and use your imagination!

Elinor Wonders Why Item

Olive's Library Books

View attachment 393070

Ok so this is kind of based on what T TommyEXTheGamer16 posed a while back but, Olive loves books so here, these books can be used like the Franklin badge in the Smash Bros games. When you pick a book up, it will protect you from a certain amount of projectiles. However, this protection will not last for long. When you are protected by her book, the book will absorb that projectile and either will heal you or you can attack your opponent back. It's a very handy item from a bookworm like Olive herself!

Brambletown Item

Dr. Mole's Bubblin' Stew

View attachment 393071

Straight from Dr. Mole's Apothecary, you get some bubblin' stew! She simply created it to heal the fighters straight from the apothecary with things the old, blind healer collected from nature itself. When you see this stew spawn, you will heal about 30% of your damage and get a slight stat buff to showthat you are fully healed! It's an uncommon item so look out for itwhen you can!

Sesame Street Animated Segment Item

Teeny Little Super Guy

View attachment 393072

I had to go with this guy from a very classic Sesame Street segment! When you see his cup spawn, he will be tiny as usual and will help you as he usually does in his segments. He will give you either a super strong item or a healing item based on the situation in battle. Also, he will kind of be like the Mr. Resetti assist from the Smash games and have a speech bubble motivating you to do your best in the game and how to fight. Then, he will walk around the stage and... do nothing else. He's kind of a joke item as is. He's more of your problem solver than a superhero.

Legacy Skin Job Prompt

Submit a Legacy Skin themed or based around something from Brambletown whether it's a character cosplaying as a character or just themed around the art style and such.

Did you think the Brambletown treatment was going to stop there? Think again as one fighter from PBS Kids: Brawltime! will get a Legacy Skin themed around Brambletown! Plus, it would be fun to do a Legacy Skin job based around a sole PBS Kids IP. This time, from a very recent one and a cute one. There's lots of fun we can have here!
I'm so excited for Olive. And the whole roaster of fighters! >u<

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Great minds must think alike, because I've also wanted to submit a potion from Dr. Mole as well for the Brambletown item, lol. So, time for another alternate take:

What I was thinking was a bit odd, but I wanted to tie in the message of "the healing's in you", so here's what I came up with to sort of replicate that... after picking up and consuming the item, you're automatically healed a small percentage. The medicine works on its own just fine, but really... the healing's in you, deep within you, a cure's only pure, when the feelin' is true.

Um, in other words... to heal even more, you need to stand still, which results in your character automatically entering a zen, meditation animation, and you'll heal little-by-little indefinitely. You can still move at any time, but you can only heal if you're still! This is pretty powerful, so it is pretty rare, and only appears once per match if it does.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Brambletown Item

Jack Pine Tree Pinecone
Screenshot 2024-08-02 222132.png

Since those pine cones drop their seeds after they have been set ablaze, they'll only release their seed when they're attacked with fire attacks when they spawn as an item, although the pine cones can still be carried as an item and thrown normally. After their seed is dropped, they can be picked up and placed or thrown in a spot where they'll grow into a tree wielding three additional items in addition to more pinecones!

Legacy Skin Job Prompt

Submit a Legacy Skin themed or based around a cosplay of a PBS Kids show main character who didn't get in yet. Just to keep with the consistency of themes here.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Legacy Skin Job Prompt

Legacy Skin Job Prompt

Submit a Legacy Skin themed or based around a cosplay of a PBS Kids show main character who didn't get in yet. Just to keep with the consistency of themes here.
Ok so based on the Strawpoll for the assists, Carmen Sandiego won so she will be added so yay to me! As for the items, I thought I would add my 3 alongside Pop's item from Brambletown. For the stew item, Cyborg's idea for its function for the zen animation will be added as well. Well done to the 3 of us!

Now, we need to vote on the Legacy Skin job prompt for the 4th Legacy Skin that will come with Olive. However, there is an option for us to do both so...vote away!

Legacy Skin Job Prompt Poll
Legacy Skin themed or based around something from Brambletown whether it's a character cosplaying as a character or just themed around the art style and such.
Legacy Skin themed or based around a cosplay of a PBS Kids show main character who didn't get in yet.

Now, onto our next wave of jobs!

Job 523:

Create a Learning Book set for Olive.

Job 524:

Submit 3 Learning Champion stage forms for stages that do not have one! We will add 5 for this update.

You CANNOT submit Learning Champion stage forms for the following stages:

• Sesame Street
  • Bobsville Castle
  • The Island of Sodor
  • EekoHouse
  • Magical Events
  • Tarrytown Sky Parade
  • Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival
  • Precinct 13579
  • Once Upon a Restaruant
  • Countdown
  • Animal Junction
  • Denali Trading Post
  • The Secret Museum
  • The Great Big Harbour
  • Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom
  • WordGirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout
  • Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures
  • The D-Struct's Lair and Cave
  • The Living Volcano
  • Learning Company Memories
  • Hot Air Balloon Chase
  • Cliff's Cliff
  • The Puzzle Place
  • The Windstorm in Bubbleland
  • Someplace Else
  • The Tibble Super Action Challenge
  • Carnival Chaos
The stages listed above already have Learning Champion stage forms!

Job 525:

Submit a Story Mode chapter for Olive. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters in both passes thus far, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Learning Book Set for Olive

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • A Stronger Pachy-Punch! (Olive's Light Neutral comes out stronger.)
    • Getting Better at Trunk Wrestling (For Olive's Neutral Special, you have a better chance of getting more damage with the proper trunk throws and timing!)
    • Faster Notebook Checking (Olive's Light Down is now more spammable)
    • Stronger Powers from Nature (For Olive's Down Special, it will give her a better stat buff from it._)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • This Is A Blast! (For Olive's Up Special, she can perform it twice and go farther up!)
    • Buff from the Explorers Club! (Now, Olive gains a stat buff to assist her, thanks to the Explorers Club!)
    • Louder Trumpeting (Now, Olive's Light Up comes out faster and it's a bit stronger!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Super Strong Trunk Wrestling! (Now, for Olive's Neutral Special, it's a lot stronger and she can REALLY throw opponents!)
    • The Best of Nature (In Olive's Down Special, the buff will automatically go to Olive once she performs the Down Special and the buffs are super strong now!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • The Bookworm of Nature! (For the first few seconds, Olive will be invincible and any attacks she gets coming towards her will be reflected via a book visual to show her love of books, knowing she was prepared to fight!)
Learning Champion Stage Forms

• The Cave of the Ancients (I envision the layout being similar to Metal Cavern but more competitively viable with a level stage and such)
  • Animal Town (Why not have an Elinor Wonders Why stage here where here it's similar to the NASB 1 layout for Rooftop Rumble but instead of the one static platform, you get two moving platforms that move in a circle.)
  • Lakeshore Elementary School and Playground (Think like Jake's Treehouse from MulitVersus but here you get a platform that moves based on the monkey bars similar to the Snake Block from the Mario games. You fight around the playground area here as your setting in the background.)
Hopefully, I will get around to writing a Story Mode chapter for Olive. I just don't have the time right now. I apologize for the lack of contributions to the Story Mode from me as I feel I am on writer's block with the Story Mode itself but...hopefully I'll write something later or tomorrow.

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Ok so based on the Strawpoll for the assists, Carmen Sandiego won so she will be added so yay to me! As for the items, I thought I would add my 3 alongside Pop's item from Brambletown. For the stew item, Cyborg's idea for its function for the zen animation will be added as well. Well done to the 3 of us!

Now, we need to vote on the Legacy Skin job prompt for the 4th Legacy Skin that will come with Olive. However, there is an option for us to do both so...vote away!

Legacy Skin Job Prompt Poll
Legacy Skin themed or based around something from Brambletown whether it's a character cosplaying as a character or just themed around the art style and such.
Legacy Skin themed or based around a cosplay of a PBS Kids show main character who didn't get in yet.

Now, onto our next wave of jobs!

Job 523:

Create a Learning Book set for Olive.

Job 524:

Submit 3 Learning Champion stage forms for stages that do not have one! We will add 5 for this update.

You CANNOT submit Learning Champion stage forms for the following stages:

• Sesame Street
  • Bobsville Castle
  • The Island of Sodor
  • EekoHouse
  • Magical Events
  • Tarrytown Sky Parade
  • Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival
  • Precinct 13579
  • Once Upon a Restaruant
  • Countdown
  • Animal Junction
  • Denali Trading Post
  • The Secret Museum
  • The Great Big Harbour
  • Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom
  • WordGirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout
  • Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures
  • The D-Struct's Lair and Cave
  • The Living Volcano
  • Learning Company Memories
  • Hot Air Balloon Chase
  • Cliff's Cliff
  • The Puzzle Place
  • The Windstorm in Bubbleland
  • Someplace Else
  • The Tibble Super Action Challenge
  • Carnival Chaos
The stages listed above already have Learning Champion stage forms!

Job 525:

Submit a Story Mode chapter for Olive. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters in both passes thus far, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode.

Learning Book Set for Olive

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • A Stronger Pachy-Punch! (Olive's Light Neutral comes out stronger.)
    • Getting Better at Trunk Wrestling (For Olive's Neutral Special, you have a better chance of getting more damage with the proper trunk throws and timing!)
    • Faster Notebook Checking (Olive's Light Down is now more spammable)
    • Stronger Powers from Nature (For Olive's Down Special, it will give her a better stat buff from it._)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • This Is A Blast! (For Olive's Up Special, she can perform it twice and go farther up!)
    • Buff from the Explorers Club! (Now, Olive gains a stat buff to assist her, thanks to the Explorers Club!)
    • Louder Trumpeting (Now, Olive's Light Up comes out faster and it's a bit stronger!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Super Strong Trunk Wrestling! (Now, for Olive's Neutral Special, it's a lot stronger and she can REALLY throw opponents!)
    • The Best of Nature (In Olive's Down Special, the buff will automatically go to Olive once she performs the Down Special and the buffs are super strong now!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • The Bookworm of Nature! (For the first few seconds, Olive will be invincible and any attacks she gets coming towards her will be reflected via a book visual to show her love of books, knowing she was prepared to fight!)

• The Cave of the Ancients (I envision the layout being similar to Metal Cavern but more competitively viable with a level stage and such)
  • Animal Town (Why not have an Elinor Wonders Why stage here where here it's similar to the NASB 1 layout for Rooftop Rumble but instead of the one static platform, you get two moving platforms that move in a circle.)
  • Lakeshore Elementary School and Playground (Think like Jake's Treehouse from MulitVersus but here you get a platform that moves based on the monkey bars similar to the Snake Block from the Mario games. You fight around the playground area here as your setting in the background.)
Hopefully, I will get around to writing a Story Mode chapter for Olive. I just don't have the time right now. I apologize for the lack of contributions to the Story Mode from me as I feel I am on writer's block with the Story Mode itself but...hopefully I'll write something later or tomorrow.
Oooo OuO that's cool

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Hey, so.......tomorrow I have to do something urgent so I will not be able to submit anything right now, but I will provide several images as hints and previews to the story mode chapter I'll submit tomorrow, as well as the Learning Champion Stage forms (which has no hints here).

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I'll do my take on an Olive story mode chapter:

Olive Story Mode Chapter

The Anomaly-Filled Adventure of the Explorering Club

This chapter takes place mostly during the sixth chapter of the Story Mode alongside it then fast forwarding to the part where Olive and Ari got kidnapped by the Anomaly in that Dimension where Cheeko is and then it ends around the Epilogue.

The chapter starts with an opening cinematic that is reminiscent of the Elinor Wonders Why opening and has the theme playing in the background. We see Elinor and her friends doing their usual things. Then, we see a title called reading the Story Mode chapter title.

Elinor: The Anomaly-Filled Adventure of the Exploring Club!

We see Elinor and her friends in their clubhouse as the camera zooms into a familiar-looking setting.

Elinor: Hello there, fellow explorers! We have a very important club meeting today!

Ari: Yay! What's it going to be about?

We then see Elinor grab a familiar-looking green invite.

Elinor: Well, it seems that someone in the Exploring Club is going to be a part of some Brawltime Party!

Olive: Oh yay! I wonder who is going to go!

Ari then decides to examine the letter.

Ari: It seems that based on what it says...Olive is the one to be chosen to go to the Brawltime Party.

All the members of the Exploring Club: Yay for Olive!

Olive: Well...thank you everyone!

Elinor: With your love of books and strength, you will do great! We should help you prepare.

Ari: I can assist you as well with my echolocation, of course!

Olive: I will do my best!

As the cinematic ends, you are now in a training area around The Clubhouse where you play as Olive with Ari Bat as your assist. Throughout this time, you will practice Olive's moveset alongside mostly practicing her Neutral Special on some dummies. Afterwards, you will then use the Olive's Library Books item to learn about their function. Afterwards, you will then battle some imaginary clones of yourself and use your moveset and use a move that Elinor calls out for you to use. Finally, you will have to finish them off with the Ari assist.

After the training section:

Everyone cheers.

Everyone: Hooray for Olive and Ari!

Olive and Ari smile.

Olive: Well, now that I am all ready, it seems that I should read about all these people entering the Brawltime Party tournament! I just so happen to have a bunch of books about them.

She then gets a bunch of books about them and starts reading.

Olive: Ah ha!

She points to a picture of a boy wearing a red hoodie.

Olive: Here's one person that's there! His name is Xavier Riddle and...

As soon as Olive was about to read the book, there was a sign of some strange, purple goo coming towards the Clubhouse.

Elinor: Uh oh! I wonder what that is over there!

Olive looks over.

Olive: Well...I don't know either but...we should run!!!!

Everyone starts running.

The cutscene then ends and you enter a rapid fire platforming section where you have 60 seconds to run away from the oncoming Anomaly goo to get to a designated safespot while playing as Olive with the Ari Bat assist. Alongside this, there are various obstacles where you have to use Ari to his advantage.
The other characters will be following behind you. If you get touched by it, you get KOd.

After the platforming section:

We see all of the Exploring Club in a hiding spot.

Olive: This should be safe...for now.

Just then, the Anomaly goo seemed to get everyone else but Olive and Ari.

Everyone else but Olive and Ari: AHHHHHH!

Olive: Oh no! Everyone is goneeee!

Olive and Ari then run for life until we cut to a black screen.

We then see a title card on a black screen that says "3 Years Later".

Afterwards, we see Olive and Ari wake up inside some sort of futuristic electric corridor.

Ari: Where are we....

Olive then pulls out a book.

Olive: It seems we are in some form of an electric corridor.

She then sees a book somewhere around there regarding the place itself.

Olive: Hmm....

She looks at some diagrams and a map of the place as well.

Olive: I wonder what would happen if we turned on some switches and what happens. The book doesn't give any info.

Ari: Looks like we will have to explore to find out.

Both of them nod.

As the cutscene is done, you play as Olive with Ari Bat as your assist to explore the electric corridor in a platforming section. Throughout it, there are various puzzles where you need to connect some electirc lines similar to that one mini puzzle in Wario City in the Mario Super Sluggers story mode. Anomaly minions will appear if you flick the wrong switches as well as those who will attack you. Flick a wrong switch that says "High Voltage", you will get KOd.

We then see Olive and Ari approach a young boy wearing a red hoodie from a distance.

Olive: Hey...I recognize that boy from my book.

Olive pulls out the book with all the different Brawltime party fighters and goes to the page with the boy in the red hoodie.

Olive: That's Xavier Riddle, he runs a secret museum and has some sort of psychic powers.

Ari: Wow...he's that cool.

We then see Xavier Riddle as he was in Chapter 6. We see him use his psychic powers in a futuristic electric corridor. He is able to see visions of Big Bird, Mr. Rogers, Dash, Arthur, Barney, Chris and Martin and Lionel traveling together. Then, he gets a vision of WordGirl and Ms. Frizzle traveling together and then Digit and Hacker.

Xavier Riddle: I see images in my head...but no Secret Museum or Brad and Yadina.

Olive: I should go warn Xavier not to touch those electric switches...they could be dangerous.

Olive and Ari try to run towards him until....

Xavier notices an electric switch that causes the lights to flicker and then he zaps himself on accident.

Xavier Riddle: AAAH! THAT TICKLES!

Just then, he summoned two shadowy figures of himself on accident out of nowhere. Xavier becomes scared but determined to fight them.

Olive in the back observes this as well but is interrupted by more Anomaly minions.

Ari: Uh oh...more of these guys showed up...

Olive: I suppose we will have to take them on.

After the cutscene, you play as Olive with the Ari Bat assist to defeat the wave of 30 Anomaly minions. It's a no-frills Multi-nomaly mayhem match. Defeat them and win.

After the Multi-nomaly mayhem section:

Olive: That was rough.

Olive looks exhausted.

Ari then spots the boy in the red hoodie examining the corridor and walking around.

Ari: Hey! Are you ok?

Xavier: Uh yeah, I'm fine. I just want to figure out a way about how to defeat those purple-goo like creatures but...who are you?

Olive: I'm Olive, proud explorer of the Explorers Club! I read all about you and your amazing museum as well!

Ari: And I'm Olive's friend, Ari! Pleasure to meet you as well!

Xavier: Well, I see we are in the same trouble so...maybe if I call for some help.

Suddenly, Xavier uses his psychic powers along with circuitry to create portals. Out of the portals came Big Bird, Mr. Rogers, Dash, Arthur, Barney, Chris and Martin and Lionel. Then came WordGirl and Miss Frizzle. Finally, there came Digit and Hacker.

Big Bird: How did we all get here?

Mr. Rogers: It seems some magic happened.

Mr. Rogers looks at Xavier.

Mr. Rogers: I remember when you came to visit me on my TV set, Xavier. What made you bring me here? Did you find out about those purple creatures?

Xavier: Well, it seems they can duplicate us as well as attack anything in sight. This electric corridor may give us a clue.

Olive then shows them a diagram.

Olive: Basically, there are these dangerous switches and some that create those purple-goo like monsters.

Then, Olive looks around and notices everyone.

Olive: Hey...those are more people I recognize from my books about the Brawltime Party fighters.

Chris: Woah! An elephant and a bat!

Martin: It's awesome to meet other animals!

Lionel: Oh look, she even likes books too like me!

Xavier then looks at everyone.

Xavier: Now, based on what I saw, the purple monsters can duplicate us as well as attack anything in sight. This electric corridor may give us a clue.

Miss Frizzle: Ahhh yes, the power of electricity! Quite fascinating what it can do thanks to Thomas Edison!

Xavier: Well, since electricity is amazing, let's keep looking around the corridor.

Olive: I'll go another way to explore more areas. Best of luck everyone!

Everyone waves goodbye.

After the cutscene, you play as Olive in a platforming section exploring more of the electric corridor with Ari as your assist. You fight Anomaly minions with electric powers and such making it harder than the platforming section in Chapter 6.

After the platforming section.

Olive then observes and looks around.

Then, she notices a portal.

Olive: Hey, I notice something about the electricity. It's creating some portals.

Ari then uses some echolocation.

Ari: I feel one right now that may lead to the source. We should tell everybody.

Olive then calls for everyone but we then cut to a quick glimpse of the other 12 characters fighting the Electric Anomaly Beast in Chapter 6 in cinematic style.

Olive sighs.

Olive: Well, guess we should step in!

Olive and Ari step in and then they go all the way to the dark crystal cliffside where then they see the Anomaly monster.

Olive: This place sure is spooky...I am sure scared of...that thing....

The Anomaly Monster roars.

Olive: Uh oh! Looks like we need to make a run for it!

Cheeko then finds them.

Cheeko: Hey! You there! It seems you found that Anomaly monster. I knew all about it being stuck in here and I have been learning about all its secrets! I gotta help you find a safe place fast!

Olive: Thanks...whatever you are.

Cheeko: No time for introductions! We have to make a run for it!

After the cutscene, you can play as Olive or Cheeko with Ari as your assist through a platforming section where you have to run away from the Anomaly monster and fight off the Anomaly minions. If you get hit by the Anomaly monster, you get KOd instantly.

After the platforming section.

Olive, Ari and Cheeko get to a safe spot.

Olive: Thanks for helping us. I'm Olive by the way. I read about you...your Cheeko, the creature of many animals who loves protecting the environment.

Cheeko: Well, nice to meet you, Olive.

Ari: And I'm Ari. Olive's friend.

Cheeko looks ahead.

Cheeko: That Anomaly monster is going to come any second so we should change hiding spots fast. Gotta run!

Olive: Thanks Cheeko! Say Ari, we should what we can do to...

Before they know it, the Anomaly monster gets them and captures Olive and Ari.

Olive: AHHHHH!

Afterward, we see Olive and Ari waking up next to their friends in the Anomaly monster.

Elinor: Olive! You're here with us!

Everyone else nods.

Ari: The Exploring Club is back together!

Tito: We are the bravest explorers ever!

Koa: I know we will all be home very soon!

Similar to what happened in Chapter 16...

Xavier: Well, here we are.....this must be the inside of this monster. Wow, it sure is dark and creepy in here! But I must do what I'm told if we're going to end all this! I guess this will be the last of us......

WordGirl: This will not be the end of us, Xavier! Even if we have to be gone in the process, just know we'll always stick together, no matter what. Maybe we should explore the inside first...

Inside the Anomaly was a large dark purple cave where they can see the various PBS Kids characters the Anomaly has captured, all stick together by mysterious purple goo and stuff that resembles vassals in the human body. Xavier Riddle then looks far and points to some characters he recognizes.

Olive then sees Xavier.

Olive: Go Xavier! You got this!

We watch WordGirl and Xavier Riddle take down the Anomaly and then rewatch the sacrifice the two make. Meanwhile...all the other PBS Kids characters are freed! Olive then gets freed herself with Ari.

Olive: Alright, let's be brave and make a run for it!

After the cutscene, you must complete a platforming section with Olive alongside Ari being your assist where you escape the Anomaly monstervia a platforming section. In the stage, there will be debris falling to impede their progress and which they must avoid. You have a limited time to make it out of the Anomaly like in the epilogue. It's a lot harder though compared to other chapters.

We see what happens in the epilogue with all the PBS Kids characters freed. Olive and the rest of the Exploring Club is freed.

Elinor: We did it, everyone!

All the members of the Explorers Club: Yay!

Ari: But, what happened to our clubhouse?

Olive then runs and sees her parents.

Olive: Mom! Dad!

She runs off and hugs them.

Elinor then looks at Ari.

Elinor: Well, I feel based on what happened, we will have to find a...

Olive's Mom: Hey Olive, look over there!

We then see the team look at Ord and Olive noticing the big city in the distance.

Ari: Look at the city over there!

Olive: I'm sure it will be lots of fun!

Elinor: And, we can create a bigger clubhouse!

Everyone in the Explorers Club cheers.

We see all of the Exploring Club head off to the Neon Gaming City.

Six Months Later......

We see the Exploring Club building a new clubhouse with a remix of the Elinor Wonders Why theme playing in the background and Olive giving out free books in the Animal Sanctuary ran by the Kratt Brothers.

Then, finally, we see Olive partake in a gaming tournament with her friends cheering in the background at the stadium.

Announcer Bunny pops out.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to say, let the games begin!

We see Olive play against Big Bird, Lionel, Xavier Riddle and Digit at some sort of racing game. The theme song ends as the screen fades to black.

The End

I know it's not that great but...I wanted to do a chapter based on another chapter in the original Story Mode that has not been redone. I feel Olive was perfect for the electric corridor. Alongside that, I feel the idea of having an assist with you the whole time makes it more fun like some of the other DLC chapters before. I hope everyone enjoys it. I know Pop has a chapter he wants to share so if anyone else wants to write Olive a story mode chapter, please do so before tomorrow night or Thursday!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
  • Tortuga HQ: It can have a layout like Treetop Lodge from Rivals of Aether, since both stages involves nature shelter. I just think it's about time this stage recieved one
  • Hooper's Table: I was thinking it can be similar to the old Omega from for Onett from SSB4, just a simple solid block platform
  • PBS Kids Pinball Table: A layout similar to Battlefield, with all the stage elements taking place on the scoreboard.

Alright, so I did actually have a story mode chapter in mind for Olive, being she stops Sagwa's palace from flooding and then Olive, Sagwa and some others would go out and fight a mysterious virus that was terrorizing the city, but since AlteredBeast just posted his story mode chapter for Olive, I figured I'd hjsut post all what I actually had in mind for it beforehand, and so here's my unfinished story mode chapter for Olive below, AlteredBeast, you have my permission to use this in yours if you want, IF you want, and if you can figure out the rest.

Story Mode Chapter for Olive:

Learning to Code and Cope with Olive.

The chapter starts with Elinor, Olive and Ari all in a VR gaming room full of huge wires, wearing hi-tech VR headsets where the three friends were all trying out some new complex VR game about environment exploration. During their experience, Olive was getting a little curious about what pieces all those digital worlds together.

Ari: You know, Life in this world sure is far different from our home......here, there's all sorts of technology and stuff, what else can I say but....this is the life!

Elinor: Yeah, I mean, even though that purple monster destroyed our home back then and we all had to run away from this place, I've always wondered what life would be like in this new world, but know I know that it's not so bad after all!

Olive: I agree, Elinor, and even in this new place, I can still learn about how does all of this come together. Like.......what makes all of this technology possible? Like...what pieces them all together?

Elinor: Beats me! But I do wonder.....

Later, the three were at a huge computer gaming room, where we see them looking at all the players doing various computer activities, playing games, browsing videos and doing coding exercises. Olive seemed the most fascinated.

Olive: Hmmmmm.....there's some screens with a lot of lines! Hmmmmm....I'd love to learn more about all of those.

Suddenly, The three all hear a mysterious loud rumble, Olive tells the others that she'll go out and investigate the incident. She finds out that the source of the rumble was coming from a big Chinese Palace with a waterfall next to it, where apparently something had toppled some of the locks and caused some of the water to pour inside the palace! Olive decides to go in the palace as a platforming section (It's the same Chinese palace Sagwa gets in her best best ending of her Story Mode chapter) where she traverses flooded rooms, to which she has to use her trunk to suck up the water and spit out the water to wells placed all around the stage. Olive then traverses through the flooded palace and she passes by the sleeping Magistrate and his sleeping family as well as Sagwa, Dongwa, Sheegwa and their parents and relatives are sleeping too, not noticing that their home is flooded, and to the waterfall where she pushes a rock back to its place to stop the waterfall from flooding the palace any further. Sagwa then wakes up the moment the palace stops flooding and she notices a young elephant in front of her.

Sagwa: Ooooh......what a dream I had, I dreamed of all the rivers back in China.......Ooh! an Elephant!

Olive: Oh hey there, mrs. cat! Uhhhh, may you introduce yourself?

Sagwa: I'm Sagwa, official calligrapher and artist of this new city!

Olive: Oh hi, Sagwa! My name is Olive! and how must your day been going?

Sagwa: Overall, very great! Me and my family have been living peacefully in this city and life been goin' good for us!

and saldy, I'm stopping here and letting you guys figure out the rest

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
  • The Treehouse: It can have a layout like Treetop Lodge from Rivals of Aether, since both stages involves tree shelter. I figured I'd give one to a Barney stage.
  • The Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library: I was thinking it can be similar to the old Omega from for Onett from SSB4, just a simple solid block platform
  • The Noodle and Doodle Bus: A layout similar to battlefield with the bus driving in the background

Alright, so I did actually have a story mode chapter in mind for Olive, being she stops Sagwa's palace from flooding and then Olive, Sagwa and some others would go out and fight a mysterious virus that was terrorizing the city, but since AlteredBeast just posted his story mode chapter for Olive, I figured I'd hjsut post all what I actually had in mind for it beforehand, and so here's my unfinished story mode chapter for Olive below, AlteredBeast, you have my permission to use this in yours if you want, IF you want, and if you can figure out the rest.

Story Mode Chapter for Olive:

Learning to Code and Cope with Olive.

The chapter starts with Elinor, Olive and Ari all in a VR gaming room full of huge wires, wearing hi-tech VR headsets where the three friends were all trying out some new complex VR game about environment exploration. During their experience, Olive was getting a little curious about what pieces all those digital worlds together.

Ari: You know, Life in this world sure is far different from our home......here, there's all sorts of technology and stuff, what else can I say but....this is the life!

Elinor: Yeah, I mean, even though that purple monster destroyed our home back then and we all had to run away from this place, I've always wondered what life would be like in this new world, but know I know that it's not so bad after all!

Olive: I agree, Elinor, and even in this new place, I can still learn about how does all of this come together. Like.......what makes all of this technology possible? Like...what pieces them all together?

Elinor: Beats me! But I do wonder.....

Later, the three were at a huge computer gaming room, where we see them looking at all the players doing various computer activities, playing games, browsing videos and doing coding exercises. Olive seemed the most fascinated.

Olive: Hmmmmm.....there's some screens with a lot of lines! Hmmmmm....I'd love to learn more about all of those.

Suddenly, The three all hear a mysterious loud rumble, Olive tells the others that she'll go out and investigate the incident. She finds out that the source of the rumble was coming from a big Chinese Palace with a waterfall next to it, where apparently something had toppled some of the locks and caused some of the water to pour inside the palace! Olive decides to go in the palace as a platforming section (It's the same Chinese palace Sagwa gets in her best best ending of her Story Mode chapter) where she traverses flooded rooms, to which she has to use her trunk to suck up the water and spit out the water to wells placed all around the stage. Olive then traverses through the flooded palace and she passes by the sleeping Magistrate and his sleeping family as well as Sagwa, Dongwa, Sheegwa and their parents and relatives are sleeping too, not noticing that their home is flooded, and to the waterfall where she pushes a rock back to its place to stop the waterfall from flooding the palace any further. Sagwa then wakes up the moment the palace stops flooding and she notices a young elephant in front of her.

Sagwa: Ooooh......what a dream I had, I dreamed of all the rivers back in China.......Ooh! an Elephant!

Olive: Oh hey there, mrs. cat! Uhhhh, may you introduce yourself?

Sagwa: I'm Sagwa, official calligrapher and artist of this new city!

Olive: Oh hi, Sagwa! My name is Olive! and how must your day been going?

Sagwa: Overall, very great! Me and my family have been living peacefully in this city and life been goin' good for us!

and saldy, I'm stopping here and letting you guys figure out the rest
I love your idea for the Story Mode chapter.

But, your Learning Champion stage forms need to be changed as The Treehouse and Busterfield Library are already competitively legal stages. Also, we are not giving Learning Champion Stage Forms to guest franchises until a guest DLC pack.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so enough time has passed. I did give everyone yesterday to submit Story Mode chapters so I suppose we will go with mine.

Now, onto Event Matches!

Job 526:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Olive. Similar to the past two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters, I feel the events should be focused on the content that comes with her. So, any event can involve Olive herself, the assists that come with her, stages, items, etc.

Event Matches for Olive

Event #Extra01: The Truth about Being Booksmart
Event Description:
Olive is now at the Brawltime party and is ready to fight some opponents based on what she has read about them! But, it seems that some of her books are now scattered everywhere! These fighters seem to want to take her books and use them to help them beat Olive. Now, it's up to you to stop these bookworms for getting the upper hand!
Player: Olive
Stage: The Clubhouse
Opponent(s): Big Bird, Arthur, Barney, Lionel, Curious George, Sagwa
Event objective: As Olive, you need to use the Olive's Library Book item first to protect you in this no-frills battle. While you have that item, you must KO the opponent. Your opponent will respawn if you KO them without a book. If one of your opponents KOs you or you self-destruct, you fail the event match.
References: The Elinor Wonders Why episode Olive's Library. Your opponents are animal characters from PBS Kids shows who are either from books, love books in general or had an episode surrounding the idea of reading/books.

Event #Extra02: We Gotta Start Fixin' What's Broken...
Event Description:
Or we'll throw the whole town away!
Player: Choice
Assist: Weasel and Weasel
Stage: The Junkyard
Opponent(s): 3 random opponents (5 on harder difficulties)
Event objective: In this event match, you simply need to KO your opponents with either a junk item from the Junkyard or an item from the Weasel and Weasel assist. However, there is a tricky part about this event match. You cannot let your opponents' meters fill up and let them use the junk as they would destroy it. If you get KOd, let one opponent's meter fill up, and use the junk or self-destruct, you fail the event match.
References: The PBS Kids special Brambletown, specifically the Junkyard Raccoon song.

Event #Extra03: Talent Show of the Anomaly
Event Description:
The Share-a-Story Talent Show is up in action again....but the usual actors are now replaced by these weird monsters trying to tell some sort of insane story. Perhaps you and the other actors can stop this madness before its too late!
Allies: Ord, Arthur, Buster, Hacker, Digit, Betsy (representing Emily Elizabeth)
Allies' Assist(s): Larry's Amazing Animals (for Betsy)
Stage: Share-a-Story Talent Show
Opponent(s): 75x Anomaly minions for each part of the stage (100x on harder difficulties), final Anomaly boss themed after the various PBS Kids characters seen in the Share-A-Story Talent Show.
Event objective: In this event match, it's a no-frills Multinomaly Mayhem battle! On each section of the stage you go to, you will battle these minions. However, you only have a certain amount of time so be fast! Once completing all 4 sections, you will battle a unique boss to this Event Match themed after the PBS Kids characters seen in the Share-a-Story event with attacks like breathing fire, flying like Digit, computer static, etc. If you get KOd, self-destruct or don't KO the minions in time on one section, you fail the Event Match.
References: The PBS Kids special programming event, the Share-a-Story Talent Show but with an Anomaly invasion as if this event were to be a part of the Anomaly takeover.

Event #Extra04: Light Will Guide You On Your Way to the Ultimate Fight
Event description:
During the Anomaly takeover, Olive is now in a corridor. But...there is a blackout and Olive needs to traverse through the section. Is there a way to get the lights on?
Assist: Ari
Stage: The platforming section in the electric corridor that takes place after the Multi-Nomaly mayhem battle
Event objective: You simply need to complete the platforming section in a certain amount of time. However, there is a catch as now its a dark level. There are switches to turn on lights if you get lucky and you get a little circle that emits light. However, if you get KOd, self-destruct or don't complete the section in time, you fail the event match.
Reference: The title of the Event Mtch itself references the song from Super Smash Bros Ultimate Lifelight. Also, this Event Match was inspired by the Dark Levels from various New Super Mario Bros games and such where you get a limited amount of light, making it a pain to complete.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I might as well submit a few

Event #Extra01: Thomas's Hasty Celebration
Event Description:
Thomas and his friends, Bertie and Harold, are kind of in a hurry to get all of the supplies and band members needed for the band, which includes Thomas coming face to face with some uninvited purple guests! Make sure you complete each very useful machines' task before the party starts and you will be considered very useful!
Stage: Thomas's Celebration Game
Opponent(s): 3 random Anomaly-possessed opponents (Thomas' section only)
Event objective: In this event, the stage forms will only switch once you complete a certain task for each form, that being to "pop", which is just a fancy way of saying gathering, enough balloons with Harold, defeating the Anomaly-possessed opponents in Thomas's stage form, and finally stopping at enough bus stops to recruit enough band members for the party with Bertie. No items spawn during this event. The catch is you only have a relatively short amount of time to complete all 3 tasks, time runs out and it's all over!, of course.
References: Not much other than the fact that speedruns are popular those days, especially for old video games.

Event #Extra02: Olive's Nightly Junk Guard
Event Description:
Olive decided to watch over the Junkyard in Brambletown for one night, but the lights are acting very spotty for the night and it's so dark out here! It's hard to see anything without any lights! Tread with care.
Assist: Ari
Stage: The Junkyard
Opponent(s): Xavier Riddle (completely black alt unique to this event)
Event objective: Take on a pitch-black Xavier Riddle in this no-frills battle!, except that the stage goes completely pitch-black for 8-9 seconds at certain intervals as well, making it hard to tell where certain platforms are. Olive will be completely visible though.
References: The Brawl event match, Bird of Darkest Night, where it's a 1-on-1 on a stage with pitch black lighting at certain intervals, making it hard to see any platforms. It also technically references the Dark Link event matches too. Xavier Riddle's pitch black alt also somewhat references his two dark clones encountered in the story mode.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I will close the Event Matches submission for now. I will allow Pop's first two events to be the first two for Olive while my third and fourth event matches will be a part of Olive's Event Match batch so well done to the both of us!

Now, PBS Kids Archives time!

Job 527:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Olive update. We'll need one episode from Elinor Wonders Why of course. I also feel we should add an episode for Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? and Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? since we added her as an assist. Feel free to submit episodes from shows already represented in this game who got content in this update as well as for the other stuff that just got added. I would say keep the bonus episodes from already represented PBS Kids shows at about 5 max as usual.

Job 528:

Submit 5 PBS Kids Website games and 3 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 5 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 3 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

One of the website games and one of the video games MUST come from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is NOT represented by a fighter.

Elinor Wonders Why:

Olive's Library/Nature Walk

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?:

What's With What Watts?

Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?:

Season 1, Episode 12: Shadow Puppets

As a special treat, the whole special of Brambletown joins!

Compilation of the PBS Kids Share-a-Story Talent Show promos and segments

Sesame Street:

Episode 1900

The Magic School Bus:

Gets Charged

Updated PTV Park Coming Up Next Compilation with Carmen Sandiego shows bumpers added

Shining Time Station (Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales)

Paint The Town Red

Barney and Friends:

Camera Safari

The Elinor Wonders Why episodes I chose were primarily because the first half focused on Olive. As for the Carmen Sandiego show episodes, I chose them at random based on what looked cool but any episode works. The Brambletown special had to be added of course alongside the compilation of the Share-A-Story Talent Show segments and such. As for the bonus episodes and content, the Sesame Street episode chosen had the debut of Teeny Little Super Guy and his segments. The episode for The Magic School Bus dealt with electricity like in Olive's Story Mode chapter. The PTV Park bumper compilation will be updated as well with stuff for Carmen. Alongside this, we also get a technically new show being Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales due to the Thomas website game getting a stage. I chose this episode of Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales as one of the classic Thomas episodes told in that episode was Henry and The Elephant. Finally, the Barney and Friends episode had the debut of the Elephant Song.

PBS Kids Website Games

Elinor Wonders Why: Backyard Life

maxresdefault.jpg

As a surprise, the whole website for Tots TV!

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 10.16.39 PM.png

Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum: Hidden Heroes

xavier-riddle-hidden-heroes.jpg

Dragon Tales: Treasure Hunt Maze

hq720.jpg

Thomas and Friends: Thomas's Celebration Game

celebration-game-1487705815.jpg

PBS Kids Video Games

Zoboomafoo: Leapin' Lemurs! (PS1)

610taj60KAL.jpg

Arthur: Arthur's Pet Chase (PC)

ezgif-2-8659d7e0e1.jpg

Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego (1996) (PC)

Where_in_the_World_Is_Carmen_Sandiego.jpg

For the Elinor Wonders Why game, I chose one that had Olive as the main character in it. The Tots TV website is a surprise as its the only PBS Kids show in Brawltime! that has a fighter but no website content yet I think so...here we are. We needed another Xavier Riddle game and the same with Dragon Tales. The bonus game was an obvious choice with the Thomas and Friends game chosen.

As for the video games, I thought I would go with the Zoboomafoo game not published by The Learning Company to be a completionist here. The Arthur game seemed cool as I love its platformer-esque gameplay and such. Finally, the Carmen Sandiego game is based on the original Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? game but it's the 1996 re-release to coincide with the PBS Kids show at the time and has clips of the Chief in the game as well.

Last edited:

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Alright, so I will close the Event Matches submission for now. I will allow Pop's first two events to be the first two for Olive while my third and fourth event matches will be a part of Olive's Event Match batch so well done to the both of us!

Job 527:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Olive update. We'll need one episode from Elinor Wonders Why of course. I also feel we should add an episode for Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? and Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? since we added her as an assist. Feel free to submit episodes from shows already represented in this game who got content in this update as well as for the other stuff that just got added. I would say keep the bonus episodes from already represented PBS Kids shows at about 5 max as usual.

Job 528:

Submit 5 PBS Kids Website games and 3 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 5 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 3 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

One of the website games and one of the video games MUST come from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is NOT represented by a fighter.

Elinor Wonders Why:

What's With What Watts?

As a special treat, the whole special of Brambletown joins!

Compilation of the PBS Kids Share-a-Story Talent Show promos and segments

Sesame Street:

Episode 1900

The Magic School Bus:

Gets Charged

Updated PTV Park Coming Up Next Compilation with Carmen Sandiego shows bumpers added

Shining Time Station (Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales)

Paint The Town Red

Barney and Friends:

Camera Safari

The Elinor Wonders Why episodes I chose were primarily because the first half focused on Olive. As for the Carmen Sandiego show episodes, I chose them at random based on what looked cool but any episode works. The Brambletown special had to be added of course alongside the compilation of the Share-A-Story Talent Show segments and such. As for the bonus episodes and content, the Sesame Street episode chosen had the debut of Teeny Little Super Guy and his segments. The episode for The Magic School Bus dealt with electricity like in Olive's Story Mode chapter. The PTV Park bumper compilation will be updated as well with stuff for Carmen. Alongside this, we also get a technically new show being Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales due to the Thomas website game getting a stage. I chose this episode of Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales as one of the classic Thomas episodes told in that episode was Henry and The Elephant. Finally, the Barney and Friends episode had the debut of the Elephant Song.

PBS Kids Website Games

View attachment 393411

As a surprise, the whole website for Tots TV!

View attachment 393414

Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum: Hidden Heroes

xavier-riddle-hidden-heroes.jpg

Dragon Tales: Treasure Hunt Maze

View attachment 393415

Thomas and Friends: Thomas's Celebration Game

View attachment 393416

PBS Kids Video Games

Zoboomafoo: Leapin' Lemurs! (PS1)

View attachment 393418

View attachment 393419

Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego (1996) (PC)

View attachment 393420

For the Elinor Wonders Why game, I chose one that had Olive as the main character in it. The Tots TV website is a surprise as its the only PBS Kids show in Brawltime! that has a fighter but no website content yet I think so...here we are. We needed another Xavier Riddle game and the same with Dragon Tales. The bonus game was an obvious choice with the Thomas and Friends game chosen.

As for the video games, I thought I would go with the Zoboomafoo game not published by The Learning Company to be a completionist here. The Arthur game seemed cool as I love its platformer-esque gameplay and such. Finally, the Carmen Sandiego game is based on the original Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? game but it's the 1996 re-release to coincide with the PBS Kids show at the time and has clips of the Chief in the game as well.
Love it :3

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Job 527:

Job 528:

Elinor Wonders Why:

What's With What Watts?

PBS Kids Website Games

View attachment 393411

PBS Kids Video Games

View attachment 393419
Elinor Wonders Why:

Echo Location/Ears To You

New Zealand Version - It's the Pits

Season 1, Episode 31

PBS Kids Website Games

Elinor Wonders Why: Ari's Wonderful Ideas

Arthur: Arthur's Sand Castle Contest (PC)

I figured I'd submit a few Ari-related submissions here. The rest are random.
I will close the PBS Kids Archives submissions for now. My extra episodes alongside my other website games/webpages and PC games will get in. However, we need to vote on an Elinor Wonders Why episode, the episodes for the Carmen Sandiego shows, the Elinor Wonders Why website game and the Arthur PC game to join the PBS Kids Archives with the Olive update. Please vote in all 5 polls below!

Elinor Wonders Why Episode Poll
Olive's Library/Nature Walk AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Echo Location/Ears To You PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego Episode Poll
What's With What Watts? AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
New Zealand Version - It's the Pits PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? Episode Poll
Season 1, Episode 12: Shadow Puppets AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Season 1, Episode 31 PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Elinor Wonders Why Website Game Poll
Backyard Life AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Ari's Wonderful Ideas PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Arthur PC Game Poll
Arthur's Pet Chase (PC) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Arthur's Sand Castle Contest (PC) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now...it's Legacy Skins time!

Job 529:

Time for the fifth round of Legacy Skins for Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighters! Submit up to 4 Legacy Skins based on major platfighter/fighting game tournaments or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things, not from their shows.

If you are submitting a batch of 4 Legacy Skins, two of them must follow the Legacy Skin job criteria we set aside for two of them! One Legacy Skin must be of a character cosplaying as a character from Brambletown or inspired by the Brambletown special as well as one of a PBS Kids character cosplaying as a main character from a PBS Kids show that is not in the game as a fighter.

EVO Fighter Nature Cat

Evo-2019-feature.jpg

EVO did happen a few weeks ago and the fact that we got some Sesame Street-themed merchandise for EVO Japan shows that there is...some sort of PBS Kids connection with EVO. However, since Nature Cat has one move with a reference to Street Fighter, he is the PERFECT fit for an EVO-themed Legacy Skin. Here, Nature Cat simply sports a black karate gi with the EVO logo on it. All his attacks will have a hit sound effect similar to classic fighting games like Street Fighter and such with the shielding also having the block sound effects inspired by classic fighting games as well. Alongside this, Hal and Squeeks will appear with the EVO gi as well. He even has a special entrance animation where he walks in similar to Ryu like he does in the Smash Bros games. When you get a KO, the EVO logo will appear in the background. If you win a match wearing this Legacy Skin, Nature Cat will strike a victory pose similar to Ryu's! Unfortunately, you cannot do the Easter Egg with Daisy on Fred's homestage while playing as this skin. However, if you use the regular Nature Cat with the Daisy cat on his homestage while fighting against this Nature Cat, you will get a special Nature Analysis Easter Egg about EVO and PBS Kids: Brawltime's appearance at said tournament! To be fair, I'm REALLY surprised we did not do an EVO-themed Legacy Skin until now...

The Odd Neon Gaming City Agent Ms. O

Government Crime Investigation Agent Zaizen Jotaro (2006) a.jpg

It's been a while since Ms. O got a Legacy Skin so...I thought I would give her one based on her Story Mode chapter. She has a more simple Legacy Skin where she wears her new suit inspired by various animes and such about secret agents where her suit is more anime-styled and colorful. All of her attacks have a neon glow and each time you attack, a random odd number will appear. Get a KO and all the Odd Squad agents will appear in the background in anime-style fashion with suits inspired by the Neon Gaming City saluting you alongside kanji that says "Odd Squad" in it. How cool is that! No unique victory animation as this Legacy Skin is a bit more lowkey.

Brambletown Legacy Skin

The Wombats in Brambletown

nFhQBIruIbBtqsAVdQXeuGRpat8.jpg

The wombat siblings fit the cute animal theme of Brambletown so here...Malik, Zadie, and Zeke will appear in the art style of Brambletown. Simply put it, the three of them will be in that cute 2D artstyle with Malik having fox fur and wearing the same outfit Fox wears, Zadie wearing an outfit inspired by Dr. Mole and mole-themed skin, and Zeke wearing the clothes of Badger and having badger fur. Each of the attacks has the artstyle and there's even a special entrance animation where the three siblings walk over a bridge similar to the one seen in Brambletown. When you get a KO, the moon appears and lights shine around you. Heck, the lights even appear in your taunt. Win the match and you will get the normal victory animation that you would with the wombats but a small random bit from a song from Brambletown will play in the background for fun!

PBS Kids Main Character Cosplay

Big Bird the Acoustic Rooster

acoustic_rooster_coming_soon_to_pbs_kids_by_user_ek8uy3ze1v_dgl2489-fullview.jpg

Ok so...I wanted to do a main character cosplay based on a main character from an upcoming PBS Kids show as that was also a Legacy Skin job prompt inspired by Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

But...here I am killing two birds (heh) with one stone as this is not only a main character who did NOT get in yet but...this is a Legacy Skin based on a main character from a PBS Kids show still yet to come out. Based on the book Acoustic Rooster and his Barnyard Band, Big Bird sports a cosplay based on Acoustic Rooster where he gets rooster-esque feathers and such. He even gets a bit of an illustration outline as well to make him feel like...he popped out of a book. He has a special entrance animation with this Legacy Skin as Big Bird will simply walk out of a barn to appear on the battlefield at the beginning of a fight! With each one of the attacks you hit, music notes appear and you will hear the sound of music. Get a KO and Acoustic Rooster and his friends play you a victory tune! This Legacy Skin also has a special taunt where Big Bird plays the guitar a little for Radar. For the victory animation, Big Bird will dance with Acoustic Rooster and his friends in this Legacy Skin.

I simply feel that this show has YET to come out (hopefully next year) and that PBS Kids would want to market more of the upcoming shows, this feels like a fun pick. Also, for that one Event Match that came with the wombats a while back that was partially inspired by Acoustic Rooster and his Barnyard Band...Big Bird will sport this Legacy Skin in this update for that Event Match as a minor change.

Last edited:

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
I will close the PBS Kids Archives submissions for now. My extra episodes alongside my other website games/webpages and PC games will get in. However, we need to vote on an Elinor Wonders Why episode, the episodes for the Carmen Sandiego shows, the Elinor Wonders Why website game and the Arthur PC game to join the PBS Kids Archives with the Olive update. Please vote in all 5 polls below!

Elinor Wonders Why Episode Poll
Olive's Library/Nature Walk AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Echo Location/Ears To You PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego Episode Poll
What's With What Watts? AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
New Zealand Version - It's the Pits PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? Episode Poll
Season 1, Episode 12: Shadow Puppets AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Season 1, Episode 31 PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Elinor Wonders Why Website Game Poll
Backyard Life AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Ari's Wonderful Ideas PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Arthur PC Game Poll
Arthur's Pet Chase (PC) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Arthur's Sand Castle Contest (PC) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now...it's Legacy Skins time!

Job 529:

Time for the fifth round of Legacy Skins for Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighters! Submit up to 4 Legacy Skins based on major platfighter/fighting game tournaments or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things, not from their shows.

If you are submitting a batch of 4 Legacy Skins, two of them must follow the Legacy Skin job criteria we set aside for two of them! One Legacy Skin must be of a character cosplaying as a character from Brambletown or inspired by the Brambletown special as well as one of a PBS Kids character cosplaying as a main character from a PBS Kids show that is not in the game as a fighter.

EVO Fighter Nature Cat

View attachment 393461

EVO did happen a few weeks ago and the fact that we got some Sesame Street-themed merchandise for EVO Japan shows that there is...some sort of PBS Kids connection with EVO. However, since Nature Cat has one move with a reference to Street Fighter, he is the PERFECT fit for an EVO-themed Legacy Skin. Here, Nature Cat simply sports a black karate gi with the EVO logo on it. All his attacks will have a hit sound effect similar to classic fighting games like Street Fighter and such with the shielding also having the block sound effects inspired by classic fighting games as well. Alongside this, Hal and Squeeks will appear with the EVO gi as well. He even has a special entrance animation where he walks in similar to Ryu like he does in the Smash Bros games. When you get a KO, the EVO logo will appear in the background. If you win a match wearing this Legacy Skin, Nature Cat will strike a victory pose similar to Ryu's! Unfortunately, you cannot do the Easter Egg with Daisy on Fred's homestage while playing as this skin. However, if you use the regular Nature Cat with the Daisy cat on his homestage while fighting against this Nature Cat, you will get a special Nature Analysis Easter Egg about EVO and PBS Kids: Brawltime's appearance at said tournament! To be fair, I'm REALLY surprised we did not do an EVO-themed Legacy Skin until now...

The Odd Neon Gaming City Agent Ms. O

View attachment 393462

It's been a while since Ms. O got a Legacy Skin so...I thought I would give her one based on her Story Mode chapter. She has a more simple Legacy Skin where she wears her new suit inspired by various animes and such about secret agents where her suit is more anime-styled and colorful. All of her attacks have a neon glow and each time you attack, a random odd number will appear. Get a KO and all the Odd Squad agents will appear in the background in anime-style fashion with suits inspired by the Neon Gaming City saluting you alongside kanji that says "Odd Squad" in it. How cool is that! No unique victory animation as this Legacy Skin is a bit more lowkey.

Brambletown Legacy Skin

The Wombats in Brambletown

View attachment 393463

The wombat siblings fit the cute animal theme of Brambletown so here...Malik, Zadie, and Zeke will appear in the art style of Brambletown. Simply put it, the three of them will be in that cute 2D artstyle with Malik having fox fur and wearing the same outfit Fox wears, Zadie wearing an outfit inspired by Dr. Mole and mole-themed skin, and Zeke wearing the clothes of Badger and having badger fur. Each of the attacks has the artstyle and there's even a special entrance animation where the three siblings walk over a bridge similar to the one seen in Brambletown. When you get a KO, the moon appears and lights shine around you. Heck, the lights even appear in your taunt. Win the match and you will get the normal victory animation that you would with the wombats but a small random bit from a song from Brambletown will play in the background for fun!

PBS Kids Main Character Cosplay

Big Bird the Acoustic Rooster

View attachment 393464

Ok so...I wanted to do a main character cosplay based on a main character from an upcoming PBS Kids show as that was also a Legacy Skin job prompt inspired by Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

But...here I am killing two birds (heh) with one stone as this is not only a main character who did NOT get in yet but...this is a Legacy Skin based on a main character from a PBS Kids show still yet to come out. Based on the book Acoustic Rooster and his Barnyard Band, Big Bird sports a cosplay based on Acoustic Rooster where he gets rooster-esque feathers and such. He even gets a bit of an illustration outline as well to make him feel like...he popped out of a book. He has a special entrance animation with this Legacy Skin as Big Bird will simply walk out of a barn to appear on the battlefield at the beginning of a fight! With each one of the attacks you hit, music notes appear and you will hear the sound of music. Get a KO and Acoustic Rooster and his friends play you a victory tune! This Legacy Skin also has a special taunt where Big Bird plays the guitar a little for Radar. For the victory animation, Big Bird will dance with Acoustic Rooster and his friends in this Legacy Skin.

I simply feel that this show has YET to come out (hopefully next year) and that PBS Kids would want to market more of the upcoming shows, this feels like a fun pick. Also, for that one Event Match that came with the wombats a while back that was partially inspired by Acoustic Rooster and his Barnyard Band...Big Bird will sport this Legacy Skin in this update for that Event Match as a minor change.
Olive's Library and Nature Walk

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Normally, I'm PERECTLY fine with all of AlteredBeast's submissions, but I figured I'd submit one for the sake of it, because I think it makes a lot of sense

Supernova-tubbies

Supernova used to be known as Super Smash Con, but here in PBS Kids: Brawltime!, the Teletubbies (whom I assume haven't gotten a legacy skin in a while) have a legacy skin themed around that event! After all, their colors match the colors of the logo. In terms of the legacy skin, the Teletubbies have more of a sparkly, glowing color on them, as well as the Supernova logo on their chest screens! The rabbits they summon for their neutral special have the Supernova logo on them in a single color range of the 4 on the logo for their respective Teletubby. Their up-special produce a special outer-space supernova effect and their down special turns their fur into a cosmic-like texture! Overall, a fun skin that gives the Teletubbies more of a cosmic feel and look to them.

Top Bottom