• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat:

Cat and Mouse/Stinky Tofu

The Noddy Shop:

Little Swap of Horrors

Make Way for Noddy:

Noddy Loses his Bell

PBS Kids Website Games

Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat: Musical Lanterns

Between the Lions: ABCD Watermelon

Sesame Street: A Spotty Day on Sesame Street

Also, regarding the game, Sagwa: Cat of Nine Lives, I do really like the idea of it being a 3D platformer collectathon, since I play those kinds of games often, so I figured I'd list some ideas and thoughts I have below:
  • It would make sense for it be be kind of a fast-paced parkour 3d platformer, given cats in real life can run fast and can jump great distances. Sagwa can jump distances that are quite long, so precision is key.
  • I kinda wonder what would serve as the hub world, and what the different worlds can all be themed to? Possible ideas can be a snowy mountain (I know that's kinda overused, but I think it still makes sense here), a soul swamp, an old village and other areas based on Chinese landmarks.
  • I wonder how the nine lives system is going to work here?
  • Wonder what Sagwa has to collect artifacts for? An Idea I did have is when Sagwa manages to collect all of them, she will have the opportunity ot go to the moon! No joke, I think outer space would be a very nice area for the game!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
PBS Kids Archives Episodes

Royal Cats/Acrobat Cats

The Noddy Shop:

Chills and Spills

Make Way for Noddy:

Up Up and Away/The Great Goblin Giveaway

PBS Kids Website Games

Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat: Counting Koi

View attachment 390930

Between the Lions: Alphabet Soup

View attachment 390932

Sesame Street: Global Grover Grooves

View attachment 390936

Cat and Mouse/Stinky Tofu

The Noddy Shop:

Little Swap of Horrors

Make Way for Noddy:

Noddy Loses his Bell

PBS Kids Website Games

Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat: Musical Lanterns

Between the Lions: ABCD Watermelon

Sesame Street: A Spotty Day on Sesame Street
Alright, so based on the Event Matches poll, it seems my lot of Event Matches won so yay to me! As for the PBS Kids Archives content, my bonus episodes alongside the compilation of clips from the Jazz webpage will join. Alongside this, Webonauts: Internet Academy, the video games I submitted and the demo for the Sagwa game will be added to the PBS Kids Archives. Now, we have a huge lot of polls to vote on episodes for Sagwa, The Noddy Shop and Make Way for Noddy alongside the website games for Sagwa, Between the Lions and Sesame Street. Please vote on them below!

As for Pop's Make Way for Noddy episode, I added the other episodes that aired with Noddy Loses His Bell like it did back when it aired on PBS Kids.

Sagwa Episode Poll
Royal Cats/Acrobat Cats AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Cat and Mouse/Stinky Tofu PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Noddy Shop Episode Poll
Chills and Spills AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Little Swap of Horrors PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Make Way for Noddy Episode Poll
Up Up and Away/The Great Goblin Giveaway AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Noddy Loses his Bell/Bumpy's Dog Day / Shelf Help @PopCultureCorn

Sagwa Website Game Poll
Counting Koi AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Musical Lanterns PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Between the Lions Website Game Poll
Alphabet Soup AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
ABCD Watermelon PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Sesame Street Website Game Poll
Global Grover Grooves AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
A Spotty Day on Sesame Street PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto the Legacy Skins!

Job 492:

Time for the fourth round of Legacy Skins for Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighters! Submit up to 5 Legacy Skins based on major platfighter/fighting game tournaments or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things, not from their shows.

If you are submitting a batch of 4 Legacy Skins, two of them must follow the Legacy Skin job criteria we set aside for two of them! One Legacy Skin must be of a character cosplaying as a character from another PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! as well as one other Legacy Skin must be based on a famous figure from Chinese mythology or from any famous Chinese story!

The top 4 ideas will be added to Sagwa's pack!

1 Legacy Skin will be our third Premium Skin! Once again, the Premium Legacy Skins are special as in each circuit, there will be one character receiving a skin based around the Championship Circuit. You can do any character other than Ruff Ruffman and Marvin who already have Premium Skins. Describe how the skin would look so no limits here. There must be something super special about it as this is a "Premium" Legacy Skin that will be free for those who purchased Sagwa's pack before the Championship Circuit or attended the Championship Circuit finale. Otherwise, everyone else will have to buy the skin for $5.99. These skins will be separate from the Learner's Pass fighters! The top idea will be our third Premium Legacy Skin!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Beachgoer for Delfino Maza Ord

delfino-maza-2023-smash-ultimate-schedule-players-stream.jpg

So, I had trouble finding current tournament series to represent based on various Smash/platfighter tournaments that are active as well as not repeating any. However, we are still lacking in representing tournaments that are outside the United States. Plus, it's been a while since Ord got a Legacy Skin I believe and he doesn't have one based around a tournament. Alongside that, Dragon Tales was a show that focused on Mexican culture as well so he's perfect for it! While sporting this Legacy Skin, Ord will gain the Delfino Maza logo for 2024 alongside wearing a bathing suit, sunglasses and a towel draped around his neck! If you were to use his Down Special, the dolphin from the logo will appear in the splash in the background! His attacks all have a wave-themed visual effect to them. When you get a KO, you will see the Delfino Maza logo appear with the dolphin making a huger, visual SPLASH to celebrate your grand KO!

Anomaly Possessed-Donkey

1702008187170.png

This is very similar to the idea Pop had for the Anomaly Possessed-Cheeko skin and Donkey has not received a Legacy Skin in so long as well. This is just if Donkey were to be possessed by the Anomaly if the tots, Barney, the Kratt Bros, and Teletubbies didn't fight off the Anomaly fast enough. He gains the dark aura and looks even madder. All his attacks have that purple-goo effect like the Anomaly Monsters do. Nothing too special.

Crossover Cosplay Skin

Curious George in Toyland (Curious George as Martha Monkey)

hqdefault.jpg

Ok so...I had a bit of trouble deciding what to do but since Curious George is so far the only Learner's Pass Vol. 2 character to not have a regular Legacy Skin besides Sagwa, I thought why don't I give him a crossover cosplay skin based on a PBS Kids franchise that has a monkey in it that we just added? It's quite a fun one! Basically, George will wear Martha Monkey's outfit and the bow that Martha wore on her head in the older Noddy episodes (I guess George saw her stuffed animal and loved her). All of his attacks have a colorful toy-ish effect. When getting a KO, Martha, Noddy and the Toyland citizens will appear to cheer for you! When you win the match, you get a unique victory animation with the characters from Noddy posing alongside George and Martha Monkey giving George a big hug for representing her in a well-fought fight. The losing animation is unique as well with George sad and Martha Monkey being there as well to help him feel better alongside The Man With The Yellow Hat.

Chinese Story Skin

Lionel as the Beast Nian

Nian-beast.jpg

I told you that the Between the Lions episode I chose for the PBS Kids Archives would be referenced in a Legacy Skin. So, there was this one episode in Between the Lions where they talked about Chinese New Year and Lionel was dressed up in the colorful Nian costume so...I thought this would be PERFECT for the Chinese mythology Legacy Skin as Lionel has not received a Legacy Skin in the DLC packs in forever alongside him appearing in Sagwa's Story Mode so it works out well! Lionel simply gets the appearance of the Nian where he gains beautiful colors on his fur, the beard, the horn, etc. His attacks all have a fireworks-esque visual effect when hit as it's like you are celebrating Chinese New Year at the Brawltime Party! When you get a KO, there will be a BEAUTIFUL fireworks show happening in the background with the Nian dancing to celebrate your KO!

Premium Skin

Sagwa: Cat of 9 Lives

mqdefault.jpg

Since our past two Premium Skins were host-MC themed, why don't we go with what Sagwa is promoting, her new video game? She simply appears in the style of those old-school 3D platformers with collectathons and such alongside her fur gaining the bright colors seen on beautiful Chinese pagodas. Also, all of her attacks will have a visual 3D platformer-esque visual effect to REALLY give off her old-school vibes of the new product. When landing a KO, the logo for the game will appear and throughout the fight, you may see the various ancient Chinese artifacts you get in the game appear in the background! As for the victory animation, you get a unique one with Sagwa running around and then showing off a random Chinese collectible item you get in the game. When you lose, it's unique as well where you get Sagwa's "Level Failed" animation for losing. A very, fun skin.

I will share my ideas for the Sagwa 3D platformer later as well in a separate post maybe.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
What you see is all I got for now, but here they are

Crossover Cosplay Skin

Webonauts Patrol!

I mean....when you really think about it, it could work! They're both educational stuff that take place in outser space. This one suits the Zula Patrol in the same suits as the characters seen in Webonauts. They're also given cel-shading to make them appear more of a 2D appearance, and whenever they score a KO, they'll get a special stage background change........

Chinese Story Skin

In the WORD of the moon, she'll punish all evil! (Chang'E Cosplay Wordgirl)

One well known story in China is how the Moon Festival came to be, which according to legend, a heavenly archer shot down nine out of the ten suns and was rewarded a special capsule/elixir said to grant immortality, to which at one point, his wife Chang'E consumed it and became a Moon Goddess. As far as the Legacy Skin is concerned, Wordgirl gains a unique entrance mimicking the iconic transformation scenes from Sailor Moon. All her attacks gain more of a moon-themed flair to them and her taunts have her to poses similar to the various artworks of Chang'E, complete with a moon holo behind her as well when that happens! Captain Huggy has a moon rabbit cosplay was well, and one of her victory animations can have her offering Moon Cakes!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Crossover Cosplay Skin

Curious George in Toyland (Curious George as Martha Monkey)

View attachment 391035

Ok so...I had a bit of trouble deciding what to do but since Curious George is so far the only Learner's Pass Vol. 2 character to not have a regular Legacy Skin besides Sagwa, I thought why don't I give him a crossover cosplay skin based on a PBS Kids franchise that has a monkey in it that we just added? It's quite a fun one! Basically, George will wear Martha Monkey's outfit and the bow that Martha wore on her head in the older Noddy episodes (I guess George saw her stuffed animal and loved her). All of his attacks have a colorful toy-ish effect. When getting a KO, Martha, Noddy and the Toyland citizens will appear to cheer for you! When you win the match, you get a unique victory animation with the characters from Noddy posing alongside George and Martha Monkey giving George a big hug for representing her in a well-fought fight. The losing animation is unique as well with George sad and Martha Monkey being there as well to help him feel better alongside The Man With The Yellow Hat.

Chinese Story Skin

Lionel as the Beast Nian

View attachment 391039

I told you that the Between the Lions episode I chose for the PBS Kids Archives would be referenced in a Legacy Skin. So, there was this one episode in Between the Lions where they talked about Chinese New Year and Lionel was dressed up in the colorful Nian costume so...I thought this would be PERFECT for the Chinese mythology Legacy Skin as Lionel has not received a Legacy Skin in the DLC packs in forever alongside him appearing in Sagwa's Story Mode so it works out well! Lionel simply gets the appearance of the Nian where he gains beautiful colors on his fur, the beard, the horn, etc. His attacks all have a fireworks-esque visual effect when hit as it's like you are celebrating Chinese New Year at the Brawltime Party! When you get a KO, there will be a BEAUTIFUL fireworks show happening in the background with the Nian dancing to celebrate your KO!
What you see is all I got for now, but here they are

Crossover Cosplay Skin

Webonauts Patrol!

I mean....when you really think about it, it could work! They're both educational stuff that take place in outser space. This one suits the Zula Patrol in the same suits as the characters seen in Webonauts. They're also given cel-shading to make them appear more of a 2D appearance, and whenever they score a KO, they'll get a special stage background change........

Chinese Story Skin

In the WORD of the moon, she'll punish all evil! (Chang'E Cosplay Wordgirl)

One well known story in China is how the Moon Festival came to be, which according to legend, a heavenly archer shot down nine out of the ten suns and was rewarded a special capsule/elixir said to grant immortality, to which at one point, his wife Chang'E consumed it and became a Moon Goddess. As far as the Legacy Skin is concerned, Wordgirl gains a unique entrance mimicking the iconic transformation scenes from Sailor Moon. All her attacks gain more of a moon-themed flair to them and her taunts have her to poses similar to the various artworks of Chang'E, complete with a moon holo behind her as well when that happens! Captain Huggy has a moon rabbit cosplay was well, and one of her victory animations can have her offering Moon Cakes!

Alright, so based on the Strawpolls, my episodes for Saguwa and the Noddy shows won. For the website games, Pop's game for Saguwa won alongside my two website games for Between the Lions and Sesame Street won so yay to me and Pop! Also, for the Legacy Skins, my skins for Ord and Donkey will get in alongside the Premium Sagwa skin. However, we need to vote on the Crossover Cosplay Legacy Skin and the famous Chinese story Legacy Skin. Please vote in the Strawpolls below about them!

Also, as a bit of a news update, Pop will be on a 3 week vacation from June 30th to July 20th so he will not be able to contribute as much during the time so I will be running the thread.

Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun If you are down to co-run the thread with me during the time Pop is away, that is absolutely fine!

Crossover Cosplay Legacy Skin
Curious George in Toyland (Curious George as Martha Monkey) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Webonauts Patrol PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Famous Chinese Story/Mythological Themed Legacy Skin
Lionel as the Beast Nian AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
In the WORD of the moon, she'll punish all evil! (Chang'E Cosplay Wordgirl) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, time for a new mode submission to be shown at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit as well as its time for a reveal trailer for Sagwa!

Job 493:

There will be a new single-player mode or enhancement to the online mode to be showcased at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale that will come with the Sagwa update! Submit an idea for a new mode that is either a single-player mode or some sort of enhancement for the online mode! It must be something that can be showcased and it must be appealing for our fans!

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Sagwa! The reveal will happen at the third PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale and the trailer will also reveal the new Sagwa 3D platformer: Sagwa: Cat of Nine Lives in some form. Make the reveal trailer hype and fun as usual!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Single-Player Mode/Online Enhancement

Online Mode:

Brawltime Party Smackdown!

SSB4_Conquest.png

Similar to the Conquests mode in Super Smash Bros 4, you get to partake in a battle of PBS Kids character in PBS Kids: Brawltime's Online Mode. You can only add to the results of the Smackdown if you play against random opponents. You can only contribute to one team and character for a certain time. Afterwards, you need to wait a whole day to contribute again. If your character or team wins the Smackdown, you get some in-game rewards like some cool banners and online swag for your account!

The first Smackdown announced at the Championship Circuit will be...

Battle of the PBS Kids Classics

Big Bird VS Barney

Yep, I had to go with this classic matchup for the first Brawltime Party Smackdown!

I will submit a Sagwa trailer soon, I just have been busy outside of the site and wanted to get the next jobs up as soon as I could.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Online Mode:

Race for the Grand Olympus of Grandiose!

Kinda works like Fall Guys, and most other Fall Guys clones and similar games out there! It also works like the Odyssey mode from BTD6. Compete with 20-100 others online to race on different islands, all containing different areas offering randomized challenges! You pick one fighter, but you're stuck with that fighter for the entire run! all 20-100 players travel together to reach the end island to be declared the champion!, but there are many obstacles in the way in the form of various stages featuring random challenges to impede their progress. Each area of an island can offer totally randomized things to the stage they offer, such as Stinky Tofu appearing more often, more explosives, or the floor is sticky, resulting in more stiff and tougher movements! Only groups of 4 can be on each island area at a time, so they can range from 5-20 groups each time. Of course, the ones who get defeated LAST are out! It's a case of survival of the fittest! Just an online mode meant to be just for fun.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I apologize for not posting in SO long as life has been busy, I suppose I faced a bit of writer's block and I guess I just had a bit of Brawltime! burnout...but I have a Sagwa trailer:

Sagwa Trailer

Ancient Treasures Call For Brawling!

After the Grand Finals and before the livestream is over

Host: Thank you all for watching the third PBS Kids Brawltime! Championship Circuit finale! We hope you had fun watching all these amazing players put their skills to the test of brawling it out! We have met all sorts of opponents and now...

Lionel then appears as a live puppet live on stage with Anthony Asbur reprising his role as him.

Lionel: Hey everybody! I heard that there was a tournament going on and I heard a lot of people use me in PBS Kids: Brawltime! helping me at the Brawltime party!

The crowd then would respond with cheers and all.

Lionel: Alrighttt!!!! Well, it seems that I have some news that me and some other members of the Brawltime party found some sort of ancient treasure that I want to show everyone and...

Lionel holds up the ancient treasure and Elmo then appears with his Muppeteer.

Elmo: Oh boy! Elmo is so happy to see his friend, Lionel! Say, where did Lionel find that treasure?

Lionel: Well, I found it in some sort of cave and there may be more in there? Why don't we go look Elmo?

Elmo: Ok, Elmo is ready for an adventure!

The puppets go away and then they go onto the screen in a Nintendo 64-esque style world based on 3D platformers for that era like a collectathon and Lionel and Elmo appear in 64bit style models. There are speech bubbles as well similar to games like Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64.

Lionel: Let's go explore a little, Elmo!

Elmo: Alright Lionel, let's go!!!!

We see them go through the world a little exploring and then they also encounter The Teletubbies, Ord, Letterman and Big Bird exploring as well. There are also speech bubbles as well on the bottom as well.

Teletubbies: Eh oh!!!!

Ord: Say, all of you found this dark, spooky cave as well?

Letterman: With my letter powers, we will be able to have some light instead of a fight in this cave!

Big Bird then looks at a golden statue he found.

Big Bird: I also found this statue of myself...there's other stuff here too!

Lionel: Well, let's keep looking!

They keep exploring and find treasures that would be seen in Sagwa's Story Mode chapter. However...Tinky Winky found some sort of green invite.

Elmo: Oh look! Elmo sees that Tinky Winky found some sort of green invite that Elmo remembers that he got a long time ago for the Brawltime Party! Elmo wonders who it is for!

The group of characters then sees some cat's eyes glow in the background. Then...in a little while, a familiar siamese cat pounces onto the characters.

The siamese cat: Hey...wait a second, that invite is for me?

Lionel looks at the cat.

Lionel: Wait a minute...no...it can't be! I know you...you are...

The siamese cat looks at everyone in a friendly matter.

The siamese cat: That's right cat boy! I am Sagwa and I am ready for this Brawltime Party I got invited to!

She says that while holding the invite.

Afterwards:

We then see Sagwa get into a pose and then we see an introduction screen pop up:

Introducing Sagwa! (Sagwa stands next to the text which is in the PBS Kids font while Announcer Bunny says "Sagwa!")

We then cut to footage of Sagwa first posing on a quick glimpse of The Cave of the Ancients stage and then we see her fight against Lionel and Elmo on the Busterfield Library stage with a remix of the Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat theme.

Sagwa: It seems like this party has so many people to meet here! It is an honor!

We see her use various Light Moves on fighters such as her Light Neutral on Ord on Dragon Land, her Light Up on Ruff Ruffman on Ruffman's Stage Studio stage and her Light Down on Nature Cat on the Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures stage. Therefore, we see both variants of the Light moves.

Then, we see comedically her use her Up Special on The Tarrytown Sky Parade stage.

We then see full footage of The Cave of The Ancients stage and Sagwa explain its gimmicks while fighting against Letterman, Big Bird and The Teletubbies.

Sagwa: This is an ancient cave.

Ord: It sure seems spooky...it reminds me of a cave I went into once in Dragon Land.

We see more fun footage of the stage.

Then, we see Sagwa with the Dongwa assist appear fighting against Barney with the BJ assist on The Treehouse stage.

Dongwa: Here I come Sagwa! I'm coming with you!

Sagwa: Here is my brother Dongwa, he sure knows how to fight!

We see Dongwa as an assist and his function.

Then, we see Lionel eat the Stinky Tofu item on the Once Upon a Restaurant stage with Sagwa and Arthur.

Lionel: Yum! What is that food? It's got some kind of smell to it!

Sagwa: It's Stinky Tofu! The chef makes it for my grandpa and me. It is quite delicious.

We then get some footage of Sagwa's Down Special with her using it on Molly, Betsy and WordGirl on the Denali Trading Post stage.

Sagwa: The Chinese spirits are here to assist me when in aid!

We see its super strong function on Chris on Zobooland.

Chris: Woah! That cat sure is strong!

Martin: Sagwa sure is one interesting feline! Wait till Zoboo hears about this!

Finally, we see Sagwa's Neutral Special in action as she shows off the Predatory Stance gimmick on various opponents on various stages.

Sagwa: I always know how to guard myself in danger! It's what cats do best!

Elmo: Elmo thinks Ms. Sagwa is so cool!

Big Bird: She sure can come to Sesame Street someday.

We then cut to some other fun footage of Sagwa including:

• A small glimpse of footage of the boss battle in her Story Mode
  • Her posing alongside Nature Cat with the Gilbert assist
  • Her chasing Lionel with the Click the Mouse assist
  • Her pouncing on Ord
Finally, after the last beat of the remix of Sagwa's theme, we see her added to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo alongside the other 32 fighters making the total number of fighters, 33!

After she gets added, we see the screen fade to black with the copyrights.

But then afterwards....we see Sagwa exploring the cave a little more.

Sagwa: Well, I guess it's time to head back home!

She then enters a portal until we see a hub world and then a logo pops up:

Sagwa: Cat of Nine Lives

This is a quick trailer showcasing footage of the game where we see Sagwa show off the hub world, a bit of a snow world, a cave-themed world, etc. in an old-school 3D platformer environment!

It ends with a "Coming Soon" screen with the modern-gen console logos on the bottom.

Then, we cut back to the host.

Host: Well, wasn't that amazing? Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat will be joining PBS Kids: Brawltime! as your next fighter for the second Learner's Pass. Also, she will be getting a new 3D platformer inspired by old-school collectathon games called Sagwa: Cat of Nine Lives. Now, before we go...take a look at this.

On the screen, it will show the Premium Legacy Skin for Sagwa on the screen based on the Cat of Nine Lives game.

Host: That's right! Sagwa will get her own Premium Legacy Skin based on Sagwa: Cat of Nine Lives to help promote the game! If you have bought the second Learner's Pass as of now or are attending the Championship Circuit finale, you will get her Premium Legacy Skin for free! Otherrwise, the rest of you will have to pay $5.99 for this awesome Legacy Skin! There will be more details on this skin in our upcoming presentation video with other content that will come with Sagwa's update! We want to thank all of our players, Anthony Asbury and Ryan Dillon for helping us bring Sagwa to the Brawltime party! We hope to see all of you at next year's PBS Kids: Brawltime Championship Circuit and we hope all of you have a great night! Bye for now!

This trailer introduces:

• Sagwa as the 4th Learners Pass Vol. 2 fighter and her Predatory Stance gimmick
  • The Cave of The Ancients Stage, its layout and hazards/gimmicks
  • Dongwa as an assist and his function
  • Stinky Tofu as an item and its function
  • Sagwa having a Story Mode Chapter and a very small preview of it
  • The hint at the Big Bird statue Easter Egg in the Story Mode chapter
  • Hints at Lionel and The Teletubbies playing a role in Sagwa's Story Mode chapter
  • First look at the new Sagwa 3D platformer Sagwa: Cat of Nine Lives
  • Preview of Sagwa's Legacy Skin at the Championship Circuit finale

Notes:

• For the YouTube version of the trailer, it will start off with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with all 20 base roster characters, the two free bonus fighters, The Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighters, Curious George, Nature Cat and The ClueFinders by it and it cuts to the beginning of the trailer with Lionel and Elmo in the cave.
  • I thought it would be a fun idea to actually have live-action-style participation for a reveal trailer at a big event. Something a bit different for once.
  • This was also the first time a Premium Legacy Skin would be revealed at the end of the Championship Circuit finale
  • Big Bird, Ord, Letterman and Elmo being in the trailer is a reference to how Sesame Workshop helped with Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat.
  • The trailer of course plays tribute to late 90s/early2000s 3D platformers that were collectathons like Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, etc.

Top Bottom