• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, sorry for the late response, I have really had quite the day today, and my mood went so rough, but here goes.....

Job 381: Well, the time for the end to come has nearly come, but not that nearly there, but we're finally in the near-endgame, and I can really sense the end of the road from far away. To give the start of the Learner's Pass, Vol. 2 a strong start, I figured we'd so something rather.........unusual and unexpected......

We're officially going to promote an assist currently in PBS Kids: Brawltime! to be a playable fighter!!! Consider this a once-in-a-lifetime special event, where you can see ANY assist you wanted to see playable be playable! Sadly, guest star assists that came with Ty Rux are excepted.

So this is it! Please tell us what assist you want to see get promoted to playable status! As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission (Technically a re-submission):

Rosie Fuentes (Rosie's Rules)
1708920280049.png

I don't have much to say for her other than she's honestly such a cutie. The premise of her show is more or less learning about how stuff works in the world, though her show interestingly takes place in a suburban Texas community, so I kinda have to give that some credit for diversity and how unique the premise actually is.

The main reason I submitted her is I have a fun idea for her Story Mode Chapter, but I can flexibly use my idea for her story mode chapter for anyone else.

For her playstyle, she can have sort of a "learning" gimmick, where she has the ability to learn more about the stage and surroundings around her to give her the upper hand in battle. Based on her current assist powers, due to her being accident prone, there's a small chance her abilities can catch her off-guard, either leaving her open to certain attacks or receiving a little damage herself, but overall, you'll have to master stage properties and have diligent focus in order to master her on the playing field!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Daniel_Tiger.png

Submitting Daniel Tiger for Job 381

This fuzzy little guy is practically the face of modern PBS Kids. With his popularity, it only makes sense to give him a proper playable spot. Hailing from the Neighborhood of Make-Believe (the fictional puppet world from the original "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood"), his show focuses on social and emotional development. His unique gimmick would preferably involve the Strategy Songs employed by the show; Catchy little sing-songs that enforce certain life lessons.

In-game, these songs would buff himself (and teammates) and debuff opponents. Perhaps he could (hypocritically) encourage the opponents that it's not okay to hit others, lowering their attack power. Or, he could calm himself down by "taking a deep breath and counting to four," healing himself. A secondary Rage Boost could also be given to him where he gets mad after taking enough damage, increasing his damage output. However, he's too deep into throwing a tantrum in this state, so he either loses access to his Strategy Songs, or they're less effective. (Using the specific song to calm himself down would remove this boost, so you wouldn't be stuck with this state if you don't want it)

In addition... his pre-existing assist would be replaced with his beloved blue stuffie/make-believe friend, Tigey! (This is done to not cause conflict with any pre-existing content in the game that requires the original Daniel assist, such as Event Matches)
Tigey.png

Want more Daniel Tiger inspiration? Well, I've actually created a custom playable character of Daniel Tiger for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance! Read up on his moveset
here! (I plan on adding a "Rage Boost" similar to what I described here to the character in a future update, as well as make more PBS Kids characters for the game!)

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
Splash and Bubbles

A duo of fish friends who teach kids marine life and stuff.

I mean, what can I say, they're fun fish! We've never had any sort of platform fighter fighter that's a fish, much less someone who might be related to fish.

Either they can roll around in a encased acrylic bowl, swim in thin air or pilot a mech or sub. Attacks can include darting and other big stuff fish tend to do.

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
Curious George

I think he kinda needs no introduction, but as the narrator always says, he was a good little monkey, but always very curious. No matter how much his curiosity could get him into trouble sometimes, this monkey has nothing but a good heart and is very endearing and problem-solving.

I'm just gonna say this, he's just too iconic, we need this monkey in the roster.

How he'll play like, being naturally acrobatic, he could be one of the more acrobatic fighters, like Diddy Kong, and maybe some sort of curiosity-problem-solving gimmick, perhaps?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I apologize for being so late as real-life stuff got in the way...I was going to submit Curious George but...I suppose I'll submit another fighter:

He's back again even though I did say my moveset gimmick idea would be TOO similar to Ruff Ruffman's, I may have a different idea up my sleeve...

Resubmitting Sir Topham Hatt/The Fat Controller (Thomas and Friends)

3DB3C414-C760-4900-B5B9-AB670CD464F0.jpeg

You may recognize him as the controller of the North Western Railway. It’s the stout gentleman himself, Sir Topham Hatt! I feel Topham would make a better Thomas and Friends rep than Mr. Conductor (we could include a Shining Time Station stage in the future and Mr. Conductor as an assist). I do know also Wa3 wanted Topham to be a fighter and I can totally see the appeal of the stout gentleman himself. Thomas and Friends is a huge brand and the TV series officially turns 40 this year (the original British dub) and this year is ALSO 35 years of Thomas in America ever since he debuted on Shining Time Station back in 1989. Thus, he would be a celebrational pick as well as a fan-favorite pick. In fact, he would technically be also breaking the stage cameo rule again so consider killing two birds with one stone with him. Overall, I see him as being a big way to start off the second Learner's Pass!

I have fun ideas for his story mode chapter and his potential reveal trailer too as he is quite an iconic character in pop culture.

For his stage, I do feel we can either:

Add more features to the Island of Sodor Stage (a second stage enhancement basically)

or

Add a second stage based on another location from Thomas and Friends

As for how Topham can fight... I envision him to be around NASB/NASB 2 Patrick’s weight so a lighter heavyweight maybe due to him being stout. His moveset would probably consist of references to Thomas and Friends or one based around railway practices on the Island of Sodor and maybe what has happened to him in the show. For the gimmick however....

Controller of The Line

Due to being the railway controller of the North Western Railway, Sir Topham Hatt should definitely have a stage control themed gimmick. What this means is that during the match, I can envision one of Topham's moves involving a turntable for his engines and basically, the turntable would stay in place. With that, a random engine from the original Steam Team would come out and puff along the stage for a little. Think of it like Rocko's jackhammer move or Bob's jackhammer move but...way more powerful and impacting. We can also do this with other railway equipment like coal hoppers, buffers, cranes, signals, etc. It really emphasizes him making the stage a part of HIS railway. Really puts the control in controller here.

I will probably close this job tomorrow so if you want to get some ideas in for assists to be promoted...here are a few ideas:

• Piggley Winks (he makes sense as a fighter)
  • Papa Bear (Berenstain Bears is too iconic)
  • Wishbone (He may have a gimmick TOO similar to Lionel's involving books and things from the books he read but we can look into it more if he's chosen)
  • Lamb Chop (a female rep plus she is being revived by Shari Lewis's daughter! Plus, more PTV Park-era fighters!)
  • Gawain (I don't know if Between the Lions really NEEDS a second fighter but...Gawain's Word was one of my favorite segments of the show growing up and Gawain could have a cool word building moveset with making words with his knights)
  • One of the Hero Elementary assists (Perfect for that modern PBS Kids representation)
  • George Shrinks (His gimmick/quirk could be super cool)
  • Mr. Conductor (He could have a potentially cool gimmick too maybe)
Also, you could do a crazy assist promotion like the Traffic Light from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood or Tumbler from Bob the Builder or something like that...but you gotta REALLY convince me as to why that assist should be the assist promoted. Get submitting because you will have until probably tomorrow to submit!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, sorry for the late response, I have really had quite the day today, and my mood went so rough, but here goes.....

Job 381: Well, the time for the end to come has nearly come, but not that nearly there, but we're finally in the near-endgame, and I can really sense the end of the road from far away. To give the start of the Learner's Pass, Vol. 2 a strong start, I figured we'd so something rather.........unusual and unexpected......

We're officially going to promote an assist currently in PBS Kids: Brawltime! to be a playable fighter!!! Consider this a once-in-a-lifetime special event, where you can see ANY assist you wanted to see playable be playable! Sadly, guest star assists that came with Ty Rux are excepted.

So this is it! Please tell us what assist you want to see get promoted to playable status! As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission (Technically a re-submission):

Rosie Fuentes (Rosie's Rules)
View attachment 385444
I don't have much to say for her other than she's honestly such a cutie. The premise of her show is more or less learning about how stuff works in the world, though her show interestingly takes place in a suburban Texas community, so I kinda have to give that some credit for diversity and how unique the premise actually is.

The main reason I submitted her is I have a fun idea for her Story Mode Chapter, but I can flexibly use my idea for her story mode chapter for anyone else.

For her playstyle, she can have sort of a "learning" gimmick, where she has the ability to learn more about the stage and surroundings around her to give her the upper hand in battle. Based on her current assist powers, due to her being accident prone, there's a small chance her abilities can catch her off-guard, either leaving her open to certain attacks or receiving a little damage herself, but overall, you'll have to master stage properties and have diligent focus in order to master her on the playing field!
View attachment 385448
Submitting Daniel Tiger for Job 381

This fuzzy little guy is practically the face of modern PBS Kids. With his popularity, it only makes sense to give him a proper playable spot. Hailing from the Neighborhood of Make-Believe (the fictional puppet world from the original "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood"), his show focuses on social and emotional development. His unique gimmick would preferably involve the Strategy Songs employed by the show; Catchy little sing-songs that enforce certain life lessons.

In-game, these songs would buff himself (and teammates) and debuff opponents. Perhaps he could (hypocritically) encourage the opponents that it's not okay to hit others, lowering their attack power. Or, he could calm himself down by "taking a deep breath and counting to four," healing himself. A secondary Rage Boost could also be given to him where he gets mad after taking enough damage, increasing his damage output. However, he's too deep into throwing a tantrum in this state, so he either loses access to his Strategy Songs, or they're less effective. (Using the specific song to calm himself down would remove this boost, so you wouldn't be stuck with this state if you don't want it)

In addition... his pre-existing assist would be replaced with his beloved blue stuffie/make-believe friend, Tigey! (This is done to not cause conflict with any pre-existing content in the game that requires the original Daniel assist, such as Event Matches)
View attachment 385449
Want more Daniel Tiger inspiration? Well, I've actually created a custom playable character of Daniel Tiger for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance! Read up on his moveset
here! (I plan on adding a "Rage Boost" similar to what I described here to the character in a future update, as well as make more PBS Kids characters for the game!)
Splash and Bubbles

A duo of fish friends who teach kids marine life and stuff.

I mean, what can I say, they're fun fish! We've never had any sort of platform fighter fighter that's a fish, much less someone who might be related to fish.

Either they can roll around in a encased acrylic bowl, swim in thin air or pilot a mech or sub. Attacks can include darting and other big stuff fish tend to do.
Curious George

I think he kinda needs no introduction, but as the narrator always says, he was a good little monkey, but always very curious. No matter how much his curiosity could get him into trouble sometimes, this monkey has nothing but a good heart and is very endearing and problem-solving.

I'm just gonna say this, he's just too iconic, we need this monkey in the roster.

How he'll play like, being naturally acrobatic, he could be one of the more acrobatic fighters, like Diddy Kong, and maybe some sort of curiosity-problem-solving gimmick, perhaps?
I apologize for being so late as real-life stuff got in the way...I was going to submit Curious George but...I suppose I'll submit another fighter:

He's back again even though I did say my moveset gimmick idea would be TOO similar to Ruff Ruffman's, I may have a different idea up my sleeve...

Resubmitting Sir Topham Hatt/The Fat Controller (Thomas and Friends)

3DB3C414-C760-4900-B5B9-AB670CD464F0.jpeg

You may recognize him as the controller of the North Western Railway. It’s the stout gentleman himself, Sir Topham Hatt! I feel Topham would make a better Thomas and Friends rep than Mr. Conductor (we could include a Shining Time Station stage in the future and Mr. Conductor as an assist). I do know also Wa3 wanted Topham to be a fighter and I can totally see the appeal of the stout gentleman himself. Thomas and Friends is a huge brand and the TV series officially turns 40 this year (the original British dub) and this year is ALSO 35 years of Thomas in America ever since he debuted on Shining Time Station back in 1989. Thus, he would be a celebrational pick as well as a fan-favorite pick. In fact, he would technically be also breaking the stage cameo rule again so consider killing two birds with one stone with him. Overall, I see him as being a big way to start off the second Learner's Pass!

I have fun ideas for his story mode chapter and his potential reveal trailer too as he is quite an iconic character in pop culture.

For his stage, I do feel we can either:

Add more features to the Island of Sodor Stage (a second stage enhancement basically)

or

Add a second stage based on another location from Thomas and Friends

As for how Topham can fight... I envision him to be around NASB/NASB 2 Patrick’s weight so a lighter heavyweight maybe due to him being stout. His moveset would probably consist of references to Thomas and Friends or one based around railway practices on the Island of Sodor and maybe what has happened to him in the show. For the gimmick however....

Controller of The Line

Due to being the railway controller of the North Western Railway, Sir Topham Hatt should definitely have a stage control themed gimmick. What this means is that during the match, I can envision one of Topham's moves involving a turntable for his engines and basically, the turntable would stay in place. With that, a random engine from the original Steam Team would come out and puff along the stage for a little. Think of it like Rocko's jackhammer move or Bob's jackhammer move but...way more powerful and impacting. We can also do this with other railway equipment like coal hoppers, buffers, cranes, signals, etc. It really emphasizes him making the stage a part of HIS railway. Really puts the control in controller here.

I will probably close this job tomorrow so if you want to get some ideas in for assists to be promoted...here are a few ideas:

• Piggley Winks (he makes sense as a fighter)
  • Papa Bear (Berenstain Bears is too iconic)
  • Wishbone (He may have a gimmick TOO similar to Lionel's involving books and things from the books he read but we can look into it more if he's chosen)
  • Lamb Chop (a female rep plus she is being revived by Shari Lewis's daughter! Plus, more PTV Park-era fighters!)
  • Gawain (I don't know if Between the Lions really NEEDS a second fighter but...Gawain's Word was one of my favorite segments of the show growing up and Gawain could have a cool word building moveset with making words with his knights)
  • One of the Hero Elementary assists (Perfect for that modern PBS Kids representation)
  • George Shrinks (His gimmick/quirk could be super cool)
  • Mr. Conductor (He could have a potentially cool gimmick too maybe)
Also, you could do a crazy assist promotion like the Traffic Light from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood or Tumbler from Bob the Builder or something like that...but you gotta REALLY convince me as to why that assist should be the assist promoted. Get submitting because you will have until probably tomorrow to submit!
Alright, it's time to close the first Second Learner's Pass fighter job! I do have a poll in regards to if Sir Topham Hatt joins as a fighter, what should his stage be? Please vote in the Strawpoll below.

Sir Topham Hatt Stage Poll

Now, it's on to voting! Vote for your top 2 newcomers but you can only put your own in second!

Rosie (Rosie's Rules) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick: Learning Gimmick/Stage Adaptation Gimmick

Daniel Tiger (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood) Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Gimmick: Strategy Songs/Rage Boost Gimmick

Splash and Bubbles CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick: In-Bowl Fighter/Different Appearance

Curious George IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick: Acrobatic playstyle/curiosity-themed gimmick

Sir Topham Hatt (Thomas and Friends) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick: Stage Control (Controller of The Line) Gimmick

There are also two jobs for you to do as well!

Job 382:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the update for our first Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter. Similar to the other stage job prompt jobs we have done in the past, make the prompt specific but leave room for creativity.

Job 383:

Can you believe we are now on the THIRD YEAR of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Series? It seems due to the success in the past with the Sponsorship Packs that were a part of the sponsors for the circuit for the past two years, fans love the content they get! Now, more companies (as expected) who have had history with sponsoring PBS Kids programming as well as companies with no history with the network are contacting the e-sports team behind the Competitive Circuit as well as the Brawltime! development team for content in the form of a Sponsorship Pack!

For this job:

Submit up to two companies to sponsor the third year of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! One company must have had history with sponsoring PBS Kids programming and one company must have had no history at all with sponsoring PBS Kids programming.

As for the companies, submit a logo for each. Explain a bit about each company, why you think the company/companies would want to sponsor the Competitive Circuit and give content to PBS Kids: Brawltime! and what their Sponsorship Pack will entail whether it would be an item, stage reskin, Legacy Skin, etc.

For the company that has had history sponsoring PBS Kids programming, add in which shows the company has sponsored as well.

The top two companies from each category will get in so we will have a total of four sponsors once again!

There may be something BIGGER on the horizon for a potential fifth sponsor though...something SUPER ;)

I know this is a lot but it'll be a lot of fun! Get voting and submitting and use your imagination!

My votes:

1. Curious George
2. Sir Topham Hatt

I voted for Curious George as I grew up with the show and he is super iconic. Both yesterday's and today's kids recognize him. Second vote is a self-vote as I loved Thomas and Friends as a kid growing up and still appreciate it. Sir Topham Hatt would be a very fun fan favorite pick for sure. All the other picks are great too but I do feel Rosie may have a gimmick too similar to Betsy's, we already have a lot of tag-team or two/three in one fighters but I love the concept for Splash and Bubbles. Daniel Tiger is a very cute pick but I could never hurt him. Good job everyone.

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based off of a VSmile Game based on a PBS Kids show.

It just came to me that while we have a TON of VSmile content in PBS Kids: Brawltime!. However, we do not have a stage based on a licensed VSmile game, specifically the PBS Kids show ones! We did get a Scholastic game stage based on a PBS Kids show so...why not do it for the VSmile given the VSmile Classic was a hit, VTech is manufacturing more nostalgic products in this alternate universe, etc. It's similar to how Bob promoted the VSmile Classic but we're coming full circle and now adding that PBS Kids VSmile stage.

Sponsor with PBS Kids History

Rainforest Cafe

86097RFC-Retail-Bag-Logo-Yellow-Green.png

We have had a TON of food/restaurant sponsors from Maruchan, Papa John's, Chuck E. Cheese's, Olive Garden, Chipotle and Kraft. Looking at the restaurants, we are still lacking in...well, more casual, American fare. Basically, for those who don't know, Rainforest Cafe is a chain restaurant that has turned 30 just recently where the decor of the restaurant is meant to look like a jungle/rainforest. Alongside it, you also get a gift shop right outside the restaurant selling rainforest-animal themed merchandise alongside having a colorful cast of mascots. The main mascot is a red-eyed tree frog named Cha Cha and he has a ton of animal friends.

I specifcally have a lot of nostalgia with Rainforest Cafe going there for lunch/dinner a lot as a kid growing up as it was at a local mall by where I live. In terms of PBS Kids history...Rainforest Cafe sponsored Curious George. Needless to say, he's one of the nominated submissions so this is a biased nomination for a circuit sponsor. I have some fun tie-in promotion ideas if this chain were to get in as a sponsor but, there's tons of cool ideas for items based on menu items or gift shop merchandise, etc. Rainforest Cafe would be happy to visit PBS Kids again with being a sponsor and to celebrate 30 years as an iconic restaurant brand!

Sponsorship Pack Content for Rainforest Cafe:

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 2 Items (One based on a menu item from the restaurant, one based on a piece of gift shop merchandise)
  • 1 Stage Reskin
I feel this is an appropriate amount of content for Rainforest Cafe to be fair.

Sponsor with no PBS Kids history

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

krispy-kreme-Emblem.jpg

I got the idea for this sponsor from Pop but...we don't really have too many dessert/sweet food brands yet as sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has been around since 1937 and is known for...well, their yummy doughnuts. Another biased pick as I love their donuts. They are a brand well known for tie-in doughnuts as well as doing limited edition doughnuts based on other IPs like Scooby-Doo and they even got product placement in the 2017 Power Rangers movie. In terms of video games/e-sports, they aren't a stranger to that promotional marketing section as they have partnered with Microsoft to promote the Xbox game, Forza Horizon 5. Items are going to be big here for the Sponsorship Pack....but the tie-in promotional ideas are going to be lots of fun! I feel Krispy Kreme would put their mouth where the money is by....becoming a sponsor for the Championship Circuit!

Sponsorship Pack Content for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts:

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 2/3 Items (We can do 1/2 items based on donuts and possibly another off of the drinks that are sold at Krispy Kreme)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Curious George
2. Splash and Bubbles

Sponsor with PBS Kids History

Chick-Fil-A

I was out there trying to find a burger food brand for a sponsor, when it just came to me that Chick-Fil-A was a burger chain that sponsored PBS Kids shows before. Actually, they serve chicken sandwiches and not hamburgers, but still a sandwich chain nonetheless. Also, they're very iconic and I would like to see them sponsor something gaming related someday.

Sponsorship Pack Content for Chick-Fil-A:

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 2 Items

Hostess

Like AlteredBeast said, we don't really have too many dessert/sweet food brands yet as sponsors, and yet, one that had came to me was Hostess, makers of the iconic Twinkies!, as well as other snack cakes like CupCakes, Ding Dongs, Suzy Qs, HoHos and lots more. I also recall them filing for Ch 11 bankruptcy in the early 2010's before making one of the greatest food brand comebacks of all time. I honestly don't know if they sponsored any real gaming things in their life span, but first timers are always a first go, and that's good.

Sponsorship Pack Content

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 2/3 Items (Twinkies obviously has to be one of them)

Last edited:

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
1. Curious George
2. Rosie Fuentes

Dairy Queen

I figured I might submit another food brand based on sweet food, this time, being Dairy Queen, makers of the iconic Blizzard, the ice cream treat that never spills. It would be fun if they sponsored something gaming too.

Sponsorship Pack Content

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 or 2 items (The Blizzard has to be one if so)

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
1. Daniel Tiger
2. Curious George

Golden Corral

A buffet restaurant chain that we likely all indulged at big time at least once in our lives.

I brought this up because I have a fun idea, being a stage reskin to be a Golden Corral, where food is constantly dropping on stage as healing items, both the ones currently as items and stuff typically served at Golden Corral, but the twist is, eating too much food will make fighters "plumped", moving slower, attacking slower, less mobility and just being more vulnerable altogether. Just don't overindulge if you wanna stay fit and fast!

Sponsorship Pack Content

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 2-3 items
  • 1 stage skin

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
1. Curious George
2. Daniel Tiger

George is also a preferred "iconic" pick for me that needs to be greater than an assist, though hopefully a sequel can be made once this thread is finished to open up more doors...

(I got nothing for the other jobs lol)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

View attachment 385594

I got the idea for this sponsor from Pop but...we don't really have too many dessert/sweet food brands yet as sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has been around since 1937 and is known for...well, their yummy doughnuts. Another biased pick as I love their donuts. They are a brand well known for tie-in doughnuts as well as doing limited edition doughnuts based on other IPs like Scooby-Doo and they even got product placement in the 2017 Power Rangers movie. In terms of video games/e-sports, they aren't a stranger to that promotional marketing section as they have partnered with Microsoft to promote the Xbox game, Forza Horizon 5. Items are going to be big here for the Sponsorship Pack....but the tie-in promotional ideas are going to be lots of fun! I feel Krispy Kreme would put their mouth where the money is by....becoming a sponsor for the Championship Circuit!

Sponsorship Pack Content for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts:

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 2/3 Items (We can do 1/2 items based on donuts and possibly another off of the drinks that are sold at Krispy Kreme)

Hostess

Like AlteredBeast said, we don't really have too many dessert/sweet food brands yet as sponsors, and yet, one that had came to me was Hostess, makers of the iconic Twinkies!, as well as other snack cakes like CupCakes, Ding Dongs, Suzy Qs, HoHos and lots more. I also recall them filing for Ch 11 bankruptcy in the early 2010's before making one of the greatest food brand comebacks of all time. I honestly don't know if they sponsored any real gaming things in their life span, but first timers are always a first go, and that's good.

Sponsorship Pack Content

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 2/3 Items (Twinkies obviously has to be one of them)

Dairy Queen

I figured I might submit another food brand based on sweet food, this time, being Dairy Queen, makers of the iconic Blizzard, the ice cream treat that never spills. It would be fun if they sponsored something gaming too.

Sponsorship Pack Content

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 or 2 items (The Blizzard has to be one if so)

Golden Corral

A buffet restaurant chain that we likely all indulged at big time at least once in our lives.

I brought this up because I have a fun idea, being a stage reskin to be a Golden Corral, where food is constantly dropping on stage as healing items, both the ones currently as items and stuff typically served at Golden Corral, but the twist is, eating too much food will make fighters "plumped", moving slower, attacking slower, less mobility and just being more vulnerable altogether. Just don't overindulge if you wanna stay fit and fast!

Sponsorship Pack Content

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 2-3 items
  • 1 stage skin
Alright, it is time to close voting! Here are the results:

Rosie Fuentes: 1
Daniel Tiger: 3
Splash and Bubbles: 1
Curious George: 9
Sir Topham Hatt: 1

Winning by a clear landslide, the ever-curious monkey himself is promoted! Curious George joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! as the first Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter alongside being the first and only assist promotion in the game so congrats to IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen for that wonderful submission!

Alongside this, my stage prompt about PBS Kids VSmile games will be added to the collection of stage jobs we do for stages coming with Curious George's pack. Also, for our sponsors, the PBS Kids history sponsors are in for the 3rd Championship Circuit being Rainforest Cafe and Chick-Fil-A so yay to me and Pop! However, we need to vote on our other two sponsors who have no PBS Kids history! I hopoe in the future, I get more sponsors with PBS Kids history added to the collection of nominations. Vote for your Top 2 but you can only put your own in second!

No PBS Kids History Sponsors for Championship Circuit:

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Hostess PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Dairy Queen CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23
Golden Corral IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Now on to our new set of jobs:

Stage job prompts are still open so if you have a stage job prompt idea, please submit it!

Job 384:

Submit a homestage for Curious George. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage.

Job 385:

Submit a job prompt for an assist to come with Curious George.

Job 386:

Submit a job prompt for an item to come with Curious George.

Both job prompts must be not too broad but leave enough room for creativity.

Ok that's....wait....we have a VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT!

Job 387:

Believe it or not, the Championship Circuit this year is getting one more sponsor in the form of a SUPER SPONSOR! Basically, the company that decides to sponsor will have a big, meaty Sponsorship Pack with tons more goodies than a typical Sponsorship Pack. Alongside this, the company will be producing a line of products related to the PBS Kids IPs and potentially other IPs in PBS Kids: Brawltime! for some promotion that will last beyond PBS Kids: Brawltime's lifespan! This company will also be the big name for the Championship Circuit sponsors and the circuit itself!

For this job, you must:

• Submit a photo of the company. The company can have PBS Kids history or no PBS Kids history. Any company is allowed.
  • Describe the product that the company will be making in relation to PBS Kids: Brawltime! and the PBS Kids IPs
  • Why the company should be selected and what they would offer
  • The content for the Sponsorship Pack...basically, this will have a higher count of content and throw in one/two big extra goodies.
With that being said, get submitting and use your imagination!

1. Golden Corral
2. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

All fun submissions. Despite Golden Corral having some controversy, I love the idea of the stage reskin as this may as well be the first time a company with no PBS Kids history gets a stage reskin. I just love Krispy Kreme Doughnuts as well.

Curious George Stage

The Apartment

ezgif-7-c2fb8ee278.jpg

A very important location in Curious George as George himself and The Man with The Yellow Hat live here! Basically, it's a touring stage where there are walkoffs and you are able to destroy the furniture there to get items. You can also pick up the furniture and use it as an offensive item to attack your opponents to put up a real house fight! Unlike EekoHouse, there are no walls. There are walkoffs though. Throughout the stage, you will be transported by the elevator to the various floors of the apartment. You may see various characters from Curious George cameoing as well. A simple stage based on a location super iconic to Curious George.

Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from an unrepresented PBS Kids show in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that your surprised is not represented yet.

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on an original character or thing from the Neon Gaming City at the end of the Story Mode.

I'm recycling the assist job from Bob the Builder's pack as I do feel...we must deconfirm one more big fan request as we're getting down to the wire with DLC. For the item, it's another original item job...but only focused on the Neon Gaming City as we already have an item based on the Anomaly. We're going to get more original PBS Kids: Brawltime! content here.

Super Sponsor for Championship Circuit

Learning Curve

Unknown.png

They are now folded under Tomy but...I am sure with anything possible these days, the brand name will come back in this universe. To be fair, I am certain most of you recognize this toy company by the logo. They have had quite some PBS Kids history sponsorsing Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends. They have been the makers of Thomas and Friends toys from 1992 to 2012-ish. In fact, they made Take-Along lines of Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder and Sesame Street. There was even a Nick Jr. Take-Along line but that didn't last too long. Heck, they even made toys for Super Why and Dinosaur Train which Dinosaur Train is surprisingly not yet represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Take-Along lines were toy lines based around vehicles and playsets that you couldbring anywhere with you and the magnets on the toy vehicles could be connected either way. Speaking of Take-Along....the big thing they are making is...

PBS Kids Take-Along!!!!

That's right! The Take-Along name is back and better than ever! This time, you will see various PBS Kids characters in vehicles seen across PBS Kids shows and even some obscurer ones in PBS Kids IDs, interstitals, etc. coming as toys. There will also be original concepts too for shows with not too many vehicles potentially. There will also be playsets based on locations seen in PBS Kids shows as well as original concepts. You can also expect Deluxe Play Scenes similar to the Thomas Take-Along ones based on cool action scenes from PBS Kids shows with vehicles as well as a DVD disc with a QR code you can scan to emulate the promotional DVD feel. I don't think it would be feasible to make physical promotional DVDs but hey...even if the disc could be held and taken out of the package..it still counts.

There would also be the return of certain toys from the former Take-Along lines of PBS Kids shows like Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder and Sesame Street but we could always double dip and give them new models here. Super Why and its toys can be re-released too and if this show ever joins eventually...Dinosaur Train will get its toys as well re-released.

Basically, we can do a side job for this to determine the vehicles, playsets, etc. if this gets chosen but they will offer a heavy sum to the prize pool and really bring back a lot of toy nostalgia.

Super Sponsorship Pack Content for Learning Curve:

• 2 Legacy Skins
  • 4 items (2 based on an original Learning Curve toys and 2 based on toys from the PBS Kids Take-Along line)
  • 2 stage reskins
  • 1 original stage based on an original PBS Kids Take-Along playset
That's right! The first original Sponsorship Pack stage is here! Since this is a big promotion, we might as well add an original stage based on an original PBS Kids Take-Along playset for that product placement! Sweet nostalgia, here we come!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Daisy.png

Submitting Daisy for AlteredBeast's Assist Prompt!

I've already expressed surprise that Nature Cat is still unrepresented, so AlteredBeast's prompt was practically made for me. And since I wanna try to leave the door open for Fred himself to be playable, how's about I submit his tech-savvy bunny friend early? (Yeah, I think I misunderstood the assignment, I just realized the job was for submitting a prompt itself but oh well, I already posted this before realizing, so take this as me approving of that prompt lol)

When called to assist, she'll take a moment to research your opponent(s) on her phone. Protect her while she does this, and she'll soon provide intel on their attacks and weaknesses, making you take a bit less damage while boosting your own attack power a bit as well. Fail to protect her, however, and she'll break the fourth wall by directly modifying the game's code with her phone, adding a little bit of damage to you as a small act of revenge.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
View attachment 385686
Submitting Daisy for AlteredBeast's Assist Prompt!

I've already expressed surprise that Nature Cat is still unrepresented, so AlteredBeast's prompt was practically made for me. And since I wanna try to leave the door open for Fred himself to be playable, how's about I submit his tech-savvy bunny friend early? (Yeah, I think I misunderstood the assignment, I just realized the job was for submitting a prompt itself but oh well, I already posted this before realizing, so take this as me approving of that prompt lol)

When called to assist, she'll take a moment to research your opponent(s) on her phone. Protect her while she does this, and she'll soon provide intel on their attacks and weaknesses, making you take a bit less damage while boosting your own attack power a bit as well. Fail to protect her, however, and she'll break the fourth wall by directly modifying the game's code with her phone, adding a little bit of damage to you as a small act of revenge.
I really like this idea for an assist. However, we are not submitting assists right now. Currently, what you can submit are:

• A home stage for Curious George
  • A stage job prompt
  • An assist job prompt
  • An item job prompt
  • A Super Sponsor for the Championship Circuit.

When it comes time for the assist jobs, I will let you know

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I know, I mentioned in the edit that I screwed up and misunderstood what was going on... yesterday was a bit crazy for me and I was sleep deprived when writing that ahhhhhhhhhhh (if your prompt is chosen I'll resubmit Daisy)

Anyways, to make up for that, my votes for the sponsors:

1. Krispy Kreme
2. Dairy Queen

And, my submission for the super sponsor:

JS.png

In an attempt to make a comeback after they dissolved in the middle of last year, JumpStart Games, makers of the once-massive edutainment franchise of the same name, is now fighting for the Super Sponsorship spot! Collaborating with the Public Broadcasting Service will no doubt produce a huge boom for the company. As previously stated, this game series used to be huge in the PC edutainment space, and many of its settings and characters already gave off those PBS Kids-like vibes. Plus, many would be nostalgic for it. This collaboration would yield a brand new title in the JumpStart series, the first one made in years, which is also a crossover with PBS Kids:

JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker & Polly

In this game, heroes from both the JS series and various PBS Kids characters join forces to stop a plan orchestrated by the Hacker and Polly Sparks (villain of 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain). Like a typical JS game, there would be many educational mini games tied to both sets of characters spread throughout the single-player story, plus some multiplayer games that involve both working together and playing against each other, with a small roster of characters split across both properties to choose from.

For the content pack:
-4 Legacy Skins based off JumpStart's cast of characters
-3 Items from the JumpStart series
-2 Stage Reskins based on locales from the JumpStart games
-1 New Stage based off the new game
-A special promotional "episode," serving as a prequel story to the game

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Super Sponsor for Championship Circuit

Learning Curve

View attachment 385669

They are now folded under Tomy but...I am sure with anything possible these days, the brand name will come back in this universe. To be fair, I am certain most of you recognize this toy company by the logo. They have had quite some PBS Kids history sponsorsing Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends. They have been the makers of Thomas and Friends toys from 1992 to 2012-ish. In fact, they made Take-Along lines of Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder and Sesame Street. There was even a Nick Jr. Take-Along line but that didn't last too long. Heck, they even made toys for Super Why and Dinosaur Train which Dinosaur Train is surprisingly not yet represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Take-Along lines were toy lines based around vehicles and playsets that you couldbring anywhere with you and the magnets on the toy vehicles could be connected either way. Speaking of Take-Along....the big thing they are making is...

PBS Kids Take-Along!!!!

That's right! The Take-Along name is back and better than ever! This time, you will see various PBS Kids characters in vehicles seen across PBS Kids shows and even some obscurer ones in PBS Kids IDs, interstitals, etc. coming as toys. There will also be original concepts too for shows with not too many vehicles potentially. There will also be playsets based on locations seen in PBS Kids shows as well as original concepts. You can also expect Deluxe Play Scenes similar to the Thomas Take-Along ones based on cool action scenes from PBS Kids shows with vehicles as well as a DVD disc with a QR code you can scan to emulate the promotional DVD feel. I don't think it would be feasible to make physical promotional DVDs but hey...even if the disc could be held and taken out of the package..it still counts.

There would also be the return of certain toys from the former Take-Along lines of PBS Kids shows like Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder and Sesame Street but we could always double dip and give them new models here. Super Why and its toys can be re-released too and if this show ever joins eventually...Dinosaur Train will get its toys as well re-released.

Basically, we can do a side job for this to determine the vehicles, playsets, etc. if this gets chosen but they will offer a heavy sum to the prize pool and really bring back a lot of toy nostalgia.

Super Sponsorship Pack Content for Learning Curve:

• 2 Legacy Skins
  • 4 items (2 based on an original Learning Curve toys and 2 based on toys from the PBS Kids Take-Along line)
  • 2 stage reskins
  • 1 original stage based on an original PBS Kids Take-Along playset
That's right! The first original Sponsorship Pack stage is here! Since this is a big promotion, we might as well add an original stage based on an original PBS Kids Take-Along playset for that product placement! Sweet nostalgia, here we come!
Yes, I know, I mentioned in the edit that I screwed up and misunderstood what was going on... yesterday was a bit crazy for me and I was sleep deprived when writing that ahhhhhhhhhhh (if your prompt is chosen I'll resubmit Daisy)

Anyways, to make up for that, my votes for the sponsors:

1. Krispy Kreme
2. Dairy Queen

And, my submission for the super sponsor:

View attachment 385710

In an attempt to make a comeback after they dissolved in the middle of last year, JumpStart Games, makers of the once-massive edutainment franchise of the same name, is now fighting for the Super Sponsorship spot! Collaborating with the Public Broadcasting Service will no doubt produce a huge boom for the company. As previously stated, this game series used to be huge in the PC edutainment space, and many of its settings and characters already gave off those PBS Kids-like vibes. Plus, many would be nostalgic for it. This collaboration would yield a brand new title in the JumpStart series, the first one made in years, which is also a crossover with PBS Kids:

JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker & Polly

In this game, heroes from both the JS series and various PBS Kids characters join forces to stop a plan orchestrated by the Hacker and Polly Sparks (villain of 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain). Like a typical JS game, there would be many educational mini games tied to both sets of characters spread throughout the single-player story, plus some multiplayer games that involve both working together and playing against each other, with a small roster of characters split across both properties to choose from.

For the content pack:
-4 Legacy Skins based off JumpStart's cast of characters
-3 Items from the JumpStart series
-2 Stage Reskins based on locales from the JumpStart games
-1 New Stage based off the new game
-A special promotional "episode," serving as a prequel story to the game
Alright, time to close the jobs and voting. My Curious George stage will get in automatically. Here are the results for the no PBS Kids history sponsors for the Championship Circuit.

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts: 5
Hostess: 1
Dairy Queen: 1
Golden Corral: 2

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Golden Corral will be joining Rainforest Cafe and Chick-fil-A for the group of sponsors for the third year of the Championship Circuit so congrats to me and IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen for our submissions winning the vote!

Now, we will need to decide on the Super Sponsor. Please vote in the Strawpoll below for the Super Sponsor.

Super Sponsor Poll
Learning Curve AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
JumpStart Games Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Also, if JumpStart Games wins, I do feel we should add an assist or two as well as other JumpStart games as well as some licensed games to the PBS Kids Archives as....JumpStart Games has made licensed games for Teletubbies and Curious George.

JumpStart Games Assist Poll

Time for our other stage jobs! Since I was the only one to submit a stage prompt, I came up with two others as well.

Job 388:

Submit a stage based off of a VSmile Game based on a PBS Kids show.

Job 389:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids show represented by an assist in the game.

The series that are eligible to get a stage for this job are:

• Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  • Wishbone
  • Caillou
  • Adventures from the Book of Virtues
  • Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series
  • Reading Rainbow
  • George Shrinks
  • Jakers! The Adventures of Piggly Winks
  • Lomax, The Hound of Music
  • Angelina Ballerina
  • The Berenstain Bears
  • Martha Speaks
  • Maya and Miguel
  • Corduroy
  • Lamb Chop's Play Along
  • Rosie's Rules
  • The Big Comfy Couch
  • Shining Time Station

Donkey Hodie and Hero Elementary are excluded as both shows got stages in the updates with the free bonus DLC fighters. Splash and Bubbles also got a stage as well with Betsy so they are out of the running. Super Why and Curious George are also excluded as well...both series have fighters now and have stages.

Job 390:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids web-series/short form programming based on a PBS Kids show represented by a fighter. The options that seem to be eligible for this job are Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman, Super Why and Molly of Denali.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

VSmile PBS Kids Game Stage

Looking for Tools (Bob the Builder)

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 4.36.36 PM.jpg

Based on one of the levels in the VSmile game Bob's Busy Day and even some inspiration from the first part of Bob the Builder's Story Mode chapter comes the stage based on the Looking for Tools level. You simply move along with the level as it travels. There are walkoffs but watch out for the falling tools and Spud's no-good tricks as they can give you damage. Throughout the level, you can collect tools which will give you temporary stat buffs ranging from higher attack damage to higher defense, etc. You can also collect nuts as well. If you collect 100 nuts, you get a super stat buff!

Assist Stage

Resubmitting Baker Aker's Bakery (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood)

ezgif-3-186ef05ed2.jpg

I feel Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood deserves a stage as Donkey Hodie has one to complete the trilogy of Mister Rogers' shows having stages. Why not focus on one specific location in the Land of Make-Believe as the stage to represent Daniel Tiger as he was submitted as a potential assist promotion as well? This is the bakery of Baker Aker located in the Land of Make-Believe! Here, the fighters are shrunk down to fight on the various cakes/baked goods made here. Various food/cakes make up the various platforms. However, Baker Aker has gotta sell the goods so the platforms will disappear from time to time but then return with newer foods. Stay on your toes in this fun stage. There are ledges for the cakes/baked goods but no walkoffs.

Web-Series Represented by Fighter Stage

Humble Media Genius Room (Ruff Ruffman: Humble Media Genius)

hqdefault.jpg

Due to the amount of web series Ruff Ruffman has got, why not give him a second stage? After seeing what this web series was about, I do feel that we need it more than ever in this world. This stage would be PBS Kids: Brawltime's version of the Miiverse stage from Super Smash Bros for Wii U. It's the same layout as Battlefield but the platforms are switched for that stage variety. In the background, you will see uplifting fan art, comments, etc. from all across social media from various PBS Kids: Brawltime! fans as well as even user-submitted content sent directly to the Brawltime! development team to uplift players to become...humble media geniuses! An all-positivity-filled room to show players the positive side of the internet and the PBS Kids: Brawltime! community.

The room would have a blue background and the platforms will be based on Ruffman’s pictures and other stuff he finds online by being a good digital citizen!

Another note: you can also turn off posts in stage hazards/features for this stage so you can make it eligible for tournaments!

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
I will abstain from the Super Sponsor vote to be fair, but will still be rooting for JS Games on the sidelines! However, I did submit a vote in favor of JumpStart receiving two assists, should they win.

Submitting for the Web-Series Represented by Fighter Stage: Exclamation Park

Exclamation_Park.png

Based off the newer Super Why short-form series "Comic Book Adventures," this walk-off stage would feature the series' various quirky "Literacy Villains" as they attempt to disrupt the battle with their own shenanigans (Such as More Man creating weaker clones of a random character to attack everyone, or the Shuffler mixing up controls). However, new character Power Paige will also cameo on the stage and arrive to help set things right before too long, and may even help out the lowest scoring participant of the battle to help make things fairer, providing a buff to them with her Power Pencil.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Assist Stage

Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables: the animated series)

Screenshot 2024-03-03 222923.png

Normally, I got nothing, but I just can't take my mind off any of the animated TV shows of Anne of Green Gables. Taking place in the fictional Prince Edward Island, Canada city, it's a travelling stage, like Delfino Plaza and Hallow Bastion, visiting various locations from the show and meeting some of the characters from the said show.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Assist Stage

Resubmitting Baker Aker's Bakery (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood)

ezgif-3-186ef05ed2.jpg

I feel Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood deserves a stage as Donkey Hodie has one to complete the trilogy of Mister Rogers' shows having stages. Why not focus on one specific location in the Land of Make-Believe as the stage to represent Daniel Tiger as he was submitted as a potential assist promotion as well? This is the bakery of Baker Aker located in the Land of Make-Believe! Here, the fighters are shrunk down to fight on the various cakes/baked goods made here. Various food/cakes make up the various platforms. However, Baker Aker has gotta sell the goods so the platforms will disappear from time to time but then return with newer foods. Stay on your toes in this fun stage. There are ledges for the cakes/baked goods but no walkoffs.

Web-Series Represented by Fighter Stage

Humble Media Genius Room (Ruff Ruffman: Humble Media Genius)

View attachment 385815

Due to the amount of web series Ruff Ruffman has got, why not give him a second stage? After seeing what this web series was about, I do feel that we need it more than ever in this world. This stage would be PBS Kids: Brawltime's version of the Miiverse stage from Super Smash Bros for Wii U. It's the same layout as Battlefield but the platforms are switched for that stage variety. In the background, you will see uplifting fan art, comments, etc. from all across social media from various PBS Kids: Brawltime! fans as well as even user-submitted content sent directly to the Brawltime! development team to uplift players to become...humble media geniuses! An all-positivity-filled room to show players the positive side of the internet and the PBS Kids: Brawltime! community.

The room would have a blue background and the platforms will be based on Ruffman’s pictures and other stuff he finds online by being a good digital citizen!

Another note: you can also turn off posts in stage hazards/features for this stage so you can make it eligible for tournaments!
I will abstain from the Super Sponsor vote to be fair, but will still be rooting for JS Games on the sidelines! However, I did submit a vote in favor of JumpStart receiving two assists, should they win.

Submitting for the Web-Series Represented by Fighter Stage: Exclamation Park

View attachment 385819

Based off the newer Super Why short-form series "Comic Book Adventures," this walk-off stage would feature the series' various quirky "Literacy Villains" as they attempt to disrupt the battle with their own shenanigans (Such as More Man creating weaker clones of a random character to attack everyone, or the Shuffler mixing up controls). However, new character Power Paige will also cameo on the stage and arrive to help set things right before too long, and may even help out the lowest scoring participant of the battle to help make things fairer, providing a buff to them with her Power Pencil.
Assist Stage

Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables: the animated series)

View attachment 385907

Normally, I got nothing, but I just can't take my mind off any of the animated TV shows of Anne of Green Gables. Taking place in the fictional Prince Edward Island, Canada city, it's a travelling stage, like Delfino Plaza and Hallow Bastion, visiting various locations from the show and meeting some of the characters from the said show.
Alright...so our Super Sponsor will be JumpStart Games so congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun and....there will be 2 assists coming with the JumpStart Super Sponsor Pack so something to look forward to!

As for stage, the Looking for Tools stage will get in automatically. However, we will need to vote on stages for Assist and Web Series.

Assist Series Stage Poll
Baker Aker's Bakery (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables: the animated series) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Web Series Represented by Fighter Stage Poll
Humble Media Genius Room (Ruff Ruffman: Humble Media Genius) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Exclamation Park (Super Why's Comic Book Adventures) Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Now, onto our assist jobs!

Job 391:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing seen in Curious George.

Job 392:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from an unrepresented PBS Kids show in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that your surprised is not represented yet.

Job 393:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from an upcoming PBS Kids show. Basically...a fun promotional pick for a show not out yet.

Describe what each assist does and its function. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Curious George Assist

Gnocchi

maxresdefault.jpg

A more minor character in Curious George but I'm only nominating her so we have a chance of getting a certain Curious George website game in the PBS Kids Archives with Curious George himself. This pasta-loving cat will simply be your ultimate pasta connoisseur! She basically will have Chef Pusghetti appear to deliver a new pasta dish and she will taste the pasta to approve it to make sure it's suitable to heal you! If it is, Gnocchi will hand you the dish. If you fight better or are down pretty badly, she'll give you pasta dishes more often! However, when the assist meter is full, she'll have a food fight and throw spaghetti noodles at the opponents like a cat toy and pounce on them...putting your opponents in a bind making you able to give more damage to your opponents! She is a purrfect (no pun intended) assist.

Long Awaited Represented Series Assist

Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?)

MV5BM2UyZWY3MWMtNGQ1MC00NjJhLWIwZTUtNGVlMmIzODE1OTJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE3MTMwODEy._V1_.jpg

Ok...yup, with DLC ending soon, we may have to deconfirm some big names. This assist can potentially hint at a certain edutainment company joining as a guest company in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Anywho, when Carmen is your assist, she will use her master thieving skills and still weak moves that your opponents cannot use for a little while and she will use it on them. She can also steal projectiles and even snatch items from opponents to give to you. However...when the assist meter is full, she will show off her skills. Using her master evading skills, she'll help you dodge attacks (similar to Bats Within or Mythra's Foresight move in the Smash games where you get a slight buff if you dodge it at the right moment) and she will steal even more powerful moves from the opponents. Even then...she'll REALLY give the opponents a lot of damage for sure!

Upcoming PBS Kids Series

Lily Hunter (Weather Hunters)

Unknown.jpeg

This show is officially coming out next year in February so...we might as well market it more here. This young weather detective will really use the weather to your advantage. When she is your assist, she will buff you with sunlight to help you heal and occasionally give bad weather to opponents by causing a cloud to float over their heads like rain to push your opponents off stage, snow with hail to freeze your opponents, etc. However, when the assist meter is full, her father Al Hunter (who will be played by none other than Al Roker himself who also guest starred on PBS Kids shows a lot) will come and send the best weather to you and the worst to your opponents! Now, you will get ultimate sunlight to heal and buff you while giving even worse weather like thunderstorms to your opponents causing major knockback and damage, blizzards to really freeze your opponents, etc.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
CONGRATS TO JUMPSTART!!! Also, resubmitting Daisy...

View attachment 385686
Submitting Daisy for Job 392!

I've already expressed surprise that Nature Cat is still unrepresented, so this prompt was perfect for me. And since I wanna try to leave the door open for Fred himself to be playable, how's about I submit his tech-savvy bunny friend instead?

For the upcoming PBS series assist job... hrm, this is a bit tricky, as that would involve guessing what a character's personality and schtick is like before their series even comes out... if only PBS would sign on more acquired media that has already aired elsewhere to make this a bit easier...

Wait, what's this!?!? An outsider from another country is approaching...

Milo.png

Milo!?

Now who's this little guy? Well, he's a cute little kitten from a more obscure British series named after him, which had already debuted in 2021, but will make his first appearance in the States very soon! No, this isn't fanfiction, PBS actually has acquired the rights to air this show, and will add it to their lineup this May, so this is both an assist based on something "upcoming," but also a special guest assist who already has a good bit of history to draw from. What's the show even about? Well, put it simply, it's about exploring various vocations through pretend play. Milo would be an RNG-based assist, appearing on the stage taking on a different job each time, with the different jobs using different attacks and/or boosts for the summoner. Roll the dice and hope his job helps you!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I got nothin', sorry, I am already very familiar with those that AlteredBeast submitted.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Long Awaited Represented Series Assist

Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?)

View attachment 385946

Ok...yup, with DLC ending soon, we may have to deconfirm some big names. This assist can potentially hint at a certain edutainment company joining as a guest company in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Anywho, when Carmen is your assist, she will use her master thieving skills and still weak moves that your opponents cannot use for a little while and she will use it on them. She can also steal projectiles and even snatch items from opponents to give to you. However...when the assist meter is full, she will show off her skills. Using her master evading skills, she'll help you dodge attacks (similar to Bats Within or Mythra's Foresight move in the Smash games where you get a slight buff if you dodge it at the right moment) and she will steal even more powerful moves from the opponents. Even then...she'll REALLY give the opponents a lot of damage for sure!

Upcoming PBS Kids Series

Lily Hunter (Weather Hunters)

View attachment 385949

This show is officially coming out next year in February so...we might as well market it more here. This young weather detective will really use the weather to your advantage. When she is your assist, she will buff you with sunlight to help you heal and occasionally give bad weather to opponents by causing a cloud to float over their heads like rain to push your opponents off stage, snow with hail to freeze your opponents, etc. However, when the assist meter is full, her father Al Hunter (who will be played by none other than Al Roker himself who also guest starred on PBS Kids shows a lot) will come and send the best weather to you and the worst to your opponents! Now, you will get ultimate sunlight to heal and buff you while giving even worse weather like thunderstorms to your opponents causing major knockback and damage, blizzards to really freeze your opponents, etc.
CONGRATS TO JUMPSTART!!! Also, resubmitting Daisy...

For the upcoming PBS series assist job... hrm, this is a bit tricky, as that would involve guessing what a character's personality and schtick is like before their series even comes out... if only PBS would sign on more acquired media that has already aired elsewhere to make this a bit easier...

Wait, what's this!?!? An outsider from another country is approaching...

View attachment 385962

Milo!?

Now who's this little guy? Well, he's a cute little kitten from a more obscure British series named after him, which had already debuted in 2021, but will make his first appearance in the States very soon! No, this isn't fanfiction, PBS actually has acquired the rights to air this show, and will add it to their lineup this May, so this is both an assist based on something "upcoming," but also a special guest assist who already has a good bit of history to draw from. What's the show even about? Well, put it simply, it's about exploring various vocations through pretend play. Milo would be an RNG-based assist, appearing on the stage taking on a different job each time, with the different jobs using different attacks and/or boosts for the summoner. Roll the dice and hope his job helps you!
Ok so, so it looks like both my stages, Baker Aker's Bakery and the Humble Media Genius Room will be joining the Curious George update so yay for me! I apologize for the lack of updates to the opening post but...it will be done soon this week hopefully.

For assists, Gnocchi will get in as Curious George's assist. Now, we need to vote on assists for an unrepresented series and the upcoming series.

Thanks to Cyborg Sun's submission of Milo as an assist for an upcoming PBS Kids series...it reminds me that this is the first time in forever PBS Kids has got acquired programming in years. Most of it has been original recently...

Long Awaited Series Representation Assist Poll
Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Daisy (Nature Cat) Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Upcoming PBS Kids Series Assist Poll
Lily Hunter (Weather Hunters) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Milo Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Now, time for items!

Job 394:

Submit an item based on something (character or thing) from Curious George.

Job 395:

Submit an item based on an original character or thing from the Neon Gaming City at the end of the Story Mode.

Job 396:

Submit an item based on a math learning tool. It can be something from a PBS Kids show or a completely original item. I give credit to Pop for this item job idea he proposed a while back.

Please describe each item's function as usual. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Curious George Item

Professor Wiseman's Band Cuckoo Clock

maxresdefault-1.jpg

I tried thinking of a more unique item from Curious George so I went for this one that appeared in a Curious George episode where he learned about clocks. You can set this cuckoo clock on the ground. It can play band music and thus...anyone around the clock will get somewhat reverse controls for a little as they are busy enjoying the music and trying to march in time. However, similar to what George did in the episode, you can throw it and break it. This item breaks easily. You can throw it at an opponent for a surprise ambush and knock them back! However...throwing this clock at your opponents will not reverse their controls.

Neon Gaming City Item

Tubby Brentos (PBS Kids: Brawltime!/Teletubbies)

Nikuman-Steamed-Pork-Buns-5163-I-1.jpg

This is the closest image I can find to Pop's idea but...basically, this is based on one of the foods the Teletubbies serve in the Neon Gaming City! They don't spawn often but...they come in big Brento steamer baskets. A fighter can eat this and heal about 40% of their health. Just imagine these buns but they have the Tubby Toast faces and are more flat. Simply put it, it's a filling dish!

Math Learning Tool Item

Talking Calculator (Cyberchase)

calculator_screenshot.PNG

I suppose we'll get more website game representation out of this item. This calculator will spawn and you can hit it up to three times. Each time, it will spawn a random number from 0 to 9. You also will get to either add, subtract, multiply, or divide the numbers you hit. The last fighter to be handed this item before the number is said will suffer from a big calculator explosion from the number and calculator! This is also an RNG-dependent item so whatever number you get...may the odds be in your favor!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so I might was well just submit one, that's all I got

Neon Gaming City Item

Tubby Ramen (PBS Kids: Brawltime!/Teletubbies)

Not sure if it's already in as an item, but I might as well submit the other dish the Teletubbies served at their food stand in the Neon Gaming City, because I am a nut for ramen, I just really like eating it as much as the anime characters, especially Naruto. Heals 35% damage and boosts your speed and attack for a short time!

Oh, and regarding AlteredBeast's version of the Tubby Brentos, this is how I envisioned they looked like, but with the smiling face on them, just like Tubby Toast.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so enough time has passed so me and Pop's items will both get in so congratulations to the both of us! Also for assists, Daisy and Milo will be joining the collection of assists so congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for his great additions!

Now, onto the next two jobs!

Job 397:

Create/design a moveset for Curious George. Keep in mind that his gimmick/quirk/hook/whatever you want to call it focuses on a curiosity-themed gimmick and/or having super acrobatic gameplay.

Job 398:

Ever since being introduced with the Ty Rux update....submit 3 Learning Champion stage forms for stages that do not have one. We will add 5 for this update. You CANNOT submit Learning Champion stage form ideas for these stages: Sesame Street, Bobsville Castle, The Island of Sodor, EekoHouse and Magical Events!

Get writing and submitting and remember to use your imagination!

Learning Champion Stage Forms

• Tarrytown Sky Parade (a simple Omega Form style stage layout on top of Old Oscar with other planes coming in as additional platforms but will vary similar to the Town and City stage)
  • Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival (will be flat stage on circus top with two ferris wheel carts rotating)
  • Precinct 13579 (You fight on a Hollow Bastion-esque layout and an odd number of platforms will appear in various configurations. The amount of platforms will be either 1 or 3.)
I may submit a moveset idea for Curious George but I just wanted to get these jobs out there so everyone can start submitting!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Lemme try with the stages, no moveset tho:

Once Upon a Restaurant: A layout in the style of Frozen Pokémon Stadium, with various dishes from the restaurant serving as platforms, ala Sweet Dreams from Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
Birdwell Island and Clifford's Dog House: A layout similar to Northern Cave, taking place on top of Clifford's doghouse only
Countdown: A layout similar to Ocean Port from Rivals of Aether

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Lemme try with the stages, no moveset tho:

Once Upon a Restaurant: A layout in the style of Frozen Pokémon Stadium, with various dishes from the restaurant serving as platforms, ala Sweet Dreams from Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
Birdwell Island and Clifford's Dog House: A layout similar to Onett, one of my non-competitive layouts here
The Island of Sodor: You can choose one useful engine to fight on for the entire duration of the battle rather than swapping between engines from time to time. Special things can include Toby being slow and thus not much danger for falling off him and Gordon being very fast!
As for the Learning Champion Stage forms, your Once Upon A Restaurant idea is awesome. However, for stages that have competitive layouts getting casual stage forms are not allowed for Learning Champion stage forms. Also, I already did a stage idea for The Island of Sodor for Learning Champion form.

As for competitive stages getting casual forms....that is definitely a thing we can consider adding in the future.

But for now, I have a Curious George moveset in mind.

Curious George
Series: Curious George
Book Debut: Cecily G. and the Nine Monkeys (1939)
PBS Kids Debut: Curious George Season 1, Episode 1 (Curious George Flies a Kite/From Scratch) (September 4, 2006)

5b8d35f7a639e004e1cab540.png

"You never do know what's around the bend A big adventure or a brand new friend When you're curious, like Curious George...Swing!"-Curious George Theme Song

Curious George is a light-middleweight who is quite agile and acrobatic, movement-wise wise due to being a monkey. Thus, he can move around the stage at a pretty fast speed and has some great jumping power as well. His moves come out pretty fast and he can put on some great combos. However, just like middleweights in this game, he's a glass cannon. Once you put him in the disadvantage state, it'll be tough for him to get out!

Gimmick:

Curiosity's Rewards

As you will see in his Neutral Special, Curious George's main gimmick is called Curiousity's Rewards where his curiosity simply gets him a reward for...well, being curious about the right things. Even though in the show, he is excessively curious, the excessive curiosity is rewarded here! He simply will gain items as a reward for being curious which you will see how that works in his Neutral Special.

Moveset:

Light Neutral: Curious About Nature

This move is a reference to the Curious George video game based on the movie that acts as sort of the pilot to the PBS Kids series. In this move, George will simply touch a tree or a bush. When he does that, the fighter will be attacked by the poke. The stronger variant will cause George to poke the object even harder!

Light Up: A Bright Idea!

When George simply has a great idea, a lightbulb will pop over his head! This move is quite spammable and great for starting combos. When used, you will see George pointing his pointer finger up and smiling alongside seeing a lightbulb over his head making his bright idea to win the fight come true! The stronger variant will cause the lightbulb to come out more strongly and George will point up that finger more vigorously!

Light Down: Gotta Get Dressed Up!

In this move, Geroge is seen looking through a chest with clothes and pulls some clothes up to find something to wear. This move can also work as a combo starter as well if you use the lighter variant. In the stronger variant, George will dig through that clothing chest to find the right clothes and deal more damage!

Neutral Special: Curiosity's Marvelous Rewards!

This is where the main gimmick of Curious George's moveset comes into play! When you press the button you assign for Special Moves, George will simply fling and cling to a nearby opponent. When doing so, he will dig through that opponent's pockets and find an item at random that can help him in battle. If George is losing, the chance of him getting a stronger item is higher than if he is winning! He will only fly and cling to an opponent that is in front of him and go straight. You cannot cancel out of this move. Thus, this move is quite risky but worth the reward if you are curious enough to try it. It's similar to Peach's Down Special with the turnips but here...it's all items in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Up Special: Kite Flying Gone Wrong

For his Up Special, George will hang on to the string of a kite which will fly him upward. Alongside this, a wind gust will push George towards the stage in a horizontal direction. The tip of the kite will give any fighters above it minimal damage if they get in contact with it. It has good vertical and horizontal distance making it a good recovery. However, it does not deal that much damage.

Down Special: Have Some Bananas!

When using this move, George will pull out a banana and eat it to heal a very minor fraction of his health. Afterwards...George will leave the banana peel on the stage similar to his function when he was just an assist. You can use this move even if there is a banana peel on the stage. However, the move takes a little while to perform and you cannot pick up the banana peel so watch where you step after you eat that banana!

Entrance:

George peeks out from a white screen and then steps onto the stage similar to the opening of the Curious George TV show.

Taunt:

George just does a happy monkey dance and jumps up and down in excitement, making monkey noises.

Victory Animation:

George climbs up onto The Man with the Yellow Hat's shoulder and he gives him a high-five and both of them wave to the crowd.

Losing Animation:

George looks down and feels sad with The Man with The Yellow Hat patting him on the head, comforting George after his loss.

I tried to stick with a curiosity theme here and I thought the random item move works perfectly for George here to represent his curiosity.​

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Whoopsies! fixed em'
As for the Learning Champion Stage forms, your Once Upon A Restaurant idea is awesome. However, for stages that have competitive layouts getting casual stage forms are not allowed for Learning Champion stage forms. Also, I already did a stage idea for The Island of Sodor for Learning Champion form.

As for competitive stages getting casual forms....that is definitely a thing we can consider adding in the future.

But for now, I have a Curious George moveset in mind.

Curious George
Series: Curious George
Book Debut: Cecily G. and the Nine Monkeys (1939)
PBS Kids Debut: Curious George Season 1, Episode 1 (Curious George Flies a Kite/From Scratch) (September 4, 2006)

View attachment 386220
"You never do know what's around the bend A big adventure or a brand new friend When you're curious, like Curious George...Swing!"-Curious George Theme Song

Curious George is a light-middleweight who is quite agile and acrobatic, movement-wise wise due to being a monkey. Thus, he can move around the stage at a pretty fast speed and has some great jumping power as well. His moves come out pretty fast and he can put on some great combos. However, just like middleweights in this game, he's a glass cannon. Once you put him in the disadvantage state, it'll be tough for him to get out!

Gimmick:

Curiosity's Rewards

As you will see in his Neutral Special, Curious George's main gimmick is called Curiousity's Rewards where his curiosity simply gets him a reward for...well, being curious about the right things. Even though in the show, he is excessively curious, the excessive curiosity is rewarded here! He simply will gain items as a reward for being curious which you will see how that works in his Neutral Special.

Moveset:

Light Neutral: Curious About Nature

This move is a reference to the Curious George video game based on the movie that acts as sort of the pilot to the PBS Kids series. In this move, George will simply touch a tree or a bush. When he does that, the fighter will be attacked by the poke. The stronger variant will cause George to poke the object even harder!

Light Up: A Bright Idea!

When George simply has a great idea, a lightbulb will pop over his head! This move is quite spammable and great for starting combos. When used, you will see George pointing his pointer finger up and smiling alongside seeing a lightbulb over his head making his bright idea to win the fight come true! The stronger variant will cause the lightbulb to come out more strongly and George will point up that finger more vigorously!

Light Down: Gotta Get Dressed Up!

In this move, Geroge is seen looking through a chest with clothes and pulls some clothes up to find something to wear. This move can also work as a combo starter as well if you use the lighter variant. In the stronger variant, George will dig through that clothing chest to find the right clothes and deal more damage!

Neutral Special: Curiosity's Marvelous Rewards!

This is where the main gimmick of Curious George's moveset comes into play! When you press the button you assign for Special Moves, George will simply fling and cling to a nearby opponent. When doing so, he will dig through that opponent's pockets and find an item at random that can help him in battle. If George is losing, the chance of him getting a stronger item is higher than if he is winning! He will only fly and cling to an opponent that is in front of him and go straight. You cannot cancel out of this move. Thus, this move is quite risky but worth the reward if you are curious enough to try it. It's similar to Peach's Down Special with the turnips but here...it's all items in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Up Special: Kite Flying Gone Wrong

For his Up Special, George will hang on to the string of a kite which will fly him upward. Alongside this, a wind gust will push George towards the stage in a horizontal direction. The tip of the kite will give any fighters above it minimal damage if they get in contact with it. It has good vertical and horizontal distance making it a good recovery. However, it does not deal that much damage.

Down Special: Have Some Bananas!

When using this move, George will pull out a banana and eat it to heal a very minor fraction of his health. Afterwards...George will leave the banana peel on the stage similar to his function when he was just an assist. You can use this move even if there is a banana peel on the stage. However, the move takes a little while to perform and you cannot pick up the banana peel so watch where you step after you eat that banana!

Entrance:

George peeks out from a white screen and then steps onto the stage similar to the opening of the Curious George TV show.

Taunt:

George just does a happy monkey dance and jumps up and down in excitement, making monkey noises.

Victory Animation:

George climbs up onto The Man with the Yellow Hat's shoulder and he gives him a high-five and both of them wave to the crowd.

Losing Animation:

George looks down and feels sad with The Man with The Yellow Hat patting him on the head, comforting George after his loss.

I tried to stick with a curiosity theme here and I thought the random item move works perfectly for George here to represent his curiosity.​

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so enough time has passed. As for the Learning Champion Stage Forms, all of mine as well as Pop's ideas for Once Upon A Restaurant and Countdown will get in. Bridwell Island did not get in as the stage was already competitively legal. My moveset will get in as well for Curious George.

Now, before we move on to the next two jobs. I am curious, how many Legacy Skins do all of you want to come with our second Learner's Pass fighters? Please vote in the Strawpoll below. If we get 4 Legacy Skins, I will dedicate one to a specific category that all of you can submit ideas for!

Legacy Skins Poll

Now, onto the next two jobs!

Job 399:

Write a Learning Book set for Curious George.

Job 400:

Submit a DLC story mode chapter focused on Curious George. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and the Learners Pass Vol. 1 fighters, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Since Ty Rux is a guest character. Since Curious George is a special case of an assist getting promoted, I challenge all of you to make this Story Mode chapter something special! Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination!

Learning Book Set for Curious George

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • Curiosity Comes Out Fast! (Curious George's Light Neutral will come out faster and have some more damage on it!)
    • Faster Eating (For his Down Special, Curious George will eat the banana faster and you can spam it a little more easily.)
    • More Bright Ideas! (For his Light Up, it will come out faster and be more spammable! It also will deal more damage!)
    • Higher Kite Flying! (For his Up Special, Curious George will gain more height with his recovery, making it easier to get back on stage!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • Getting Dressed for Success! (Now, Curious George's Light Down is more spammable and can deal a bit more damage!)
    • A Buff for Curiosity! (Now, Curious George gains a stat buff to assist him because of curiosity!)
    • A Dangerous Flight (For his Up Special, Curious George's kite will deal more damage if it hits a fighter!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • More Items for Discovery! (Now, Curious George's Neutral Special will now cause two items to come out of each fighter when used correctly!)
    • The Banana Republic for George! (For his Down Special, it's way more spammable and you can use it more easily for George!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • The Best Curiosity Ever! (Now, for Curious George's Neutral Special, George will get 2 super strong items all the time when clinging onto a foe correctly!)
Once again...I'll probably submit a Story Mode chapter, I just can't as of currently but I want to get around to writing one when I have a chance.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Oh my, I've been planning this for this very moment, so here it is!

DLC Story Mode Chapter for Curious George

Curious George and the anomalous search for Allie

The story mode chapter starts off in the neon gaming city with a familiar narration of a familiar line.......

Narrator: This is George, he was a good little monkey, but always very curious. As we catch up with him and his best friend, the Man in the Yellow Hat and body armor, they were just walking down the bright streets of the city, talking about the misadventures they had while avoiding some evil purple goo monster in the past

MITYH: So George, Aren't you glad we finally have better lives in this city now that we've escaped from that purple monster?

George makes happy sounds in approval

Narrator: In fact, George had also been keeping track of all the main fighters of the Brawltime party, he always wished he could be one himself, but for now, he was stuck assisting others. That is, until one fateful day.......

Allie: Hey George! How are things kicken' for you in the city?

George makes happy sounds in happiness

Allie: Well, I mean, it sure has been great doing all those things here in this city! Playin' games, eating all the street food, I mean, what more can ya ask?

MITYH: Yeah, I mean it's not like any other experience we've had in any other city we've been before. And besides, Chef Pisghetti still knows how to bake the best pizzas even around here! He sure has been evolving his recipe since! hehe

In the distance, we see a mysterious purple bat creature watching them in the distance

Narrator: What's that? Could it be? Seems like one of the parts of the purple goo monster survived! This CERTAINLY cannot be good!

The purple Anomaly creature swoops down and grasps onto Allie before flying away!

Narrator: Oh no! It looks like it wants to capture Allie! What shall George do?

Allie: Aaah! Help! George! What's going on?!?!

George makes sounds of crying for help

MITYH: No! Stop! Let her go! uugh, it got away.....

George makes sounds in anger

MITYH: That's ok, George, I'm sure anyone can rescue her, there's lots of heroes around here!

George makes sounds saying he wants to go and rescue Allie

MITYH: hmmmmm, I'm not sure, I mean, your task was that they wanted you to assist others, but.....

The Renkins show up

Mr. Renkins: Huh? Where's our Granddaughter?

MITYH: I don't know, but me and George are gonna go find her!

Narroator: George was certain that he was the one who needed to rescue Allie

Mrs. Renkins: Oh please find our precious sweetie! Make sure she isn't hurt!

MITYH: Well George, you off for an adventure?

George makes sounds of excitement

MITYH: Alright then, let's go find Allie!

Curious George, along with the MINYH, has to go through platforming sections filled with lots of obstacles and parkour elements to reach the purple anomaly bat holding Allie at the end, but each time you reach her, the creature flies away to another area, which happens three times. Below are the transcripts for each interval

#1:

Narrator: George could sense that Allie was nearby. and in fact she was! But before he could catch that creature, it flew away at the last second!

#2:

Narrator: Once again, George has caught up with the two, but apparently, the creature is far faster than he thought! Then again, the chase was on!

#3:

Narrator: George had finally reached Allie on a peculiar spot where he could see it flying towards a mountain, but what could that purple bat possibly be planning?

Another platforming section has George traveling to the mountains, where......

Allie: George! There you are! I was hoping that you'd cooooooome!

The bat flies away again

MITYH: Alright George, we scale this mountain and we'll see if we can catch it up there

A platforming section climbing a mountain takes place as George needs to avoid more obstacles to get to the top, where the anomaly bat and Allie are waiting

Allie: George, there you are! Quick! I don't think this purple bat can really fly up much higher! This is your chance!

George makes sounds in determination

A battle takes place where George needs to battle the anomaly bat who's carrying Allie, the bat is rather very fast and swoops all over the place, but as George, you need to use all your reflexes and whit to take out the bat and save Allie

the bat explodes, as Allie is flung down to the ground as she slides and later faints, George makes sounds to try to wake her up, but it's no use

MITYH: Oh no! I think Allie's hurt! Quick, we need to take care of her back in the city!

Later, Allie wakes up in a hospital in the city, with George, the MITYH, her grandparents, Xavier Riddle along with Yadina and Brad, and the Teletubbies, were all there to greet her when she woke up. The Teletubbies even brought her Tubby Ramen and Tubby Brentos to heal her

Allie: Oh...where am I....Oh! George!

George makes sounds in relief

Narrator: It seems like that the man and George had brought Allie back to safety, and that she's being healed back to her normal self

Mrs. Renkins: Oh, my poor baby! I'm so glad you're ok!

Mr. Renkins: We thought we'd lost you!

Allie: awww, thanks Grandma and Grandpa, and you too George, you are truly a hero!

George makes more happy sounds

Narrator: and so with George having finally done a good and brave deed, he was then promoted to being a full playable hero in the Brawltime Party and he could finally play along with all of his new friends!

Allie: Oh, I'm so happy for you George!

George makes thank you sounds

The End

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, long story short, I WAS going to submit a story mode chapter where we see how Curious George was before the Anomaly and then he becomes a fighter after the whole Anomaly invasion stopped. BUT, I love Pop's idea since it has how some of the Anomaly survived into the Neon Gaming City as well as some fun platforming sections too so well done to Pop! Also, we will be having....4 Legacy Skins come with each fighter for Learners Pass Vol. 2!

Now, onto our next two jobs!

Job 401:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Curious George. Similar to the past two bonus fighters and the Learners Pass Vol. 1 fighters, I feel the events should be focused on the content that comes with him. So, any event can involve Curious George himself, the assists that come with him, stages, items, etc.

Job 402

Submit a job/criteria to be reserved for one of the four Legacy Skins that come with Curious George. Be super creative with the theme you want the legacy Skin to be themed around.

Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

My DLC Event Matches for Curious George:

Event #Extra01: The Pastabilities Are Endless!
Event Description:
It seems Gnocchi is being too harsh of a critic on Chef Pisghetti and that he wants to now stop cooking and close down his restaurant! However, George wants his favorite ravioli and to get Gnocchi to see just how good Chef Pisghetti's food is. But...there are other harsh critics too who love food as well so you will have to show them that Chef Pisghetti's food is the BEST!
Player: Curious George
Assist: Gnocchi
Stage: The Apartment
Opponent(s): Elmo, Barney, Lionel, The Teletubbies, Ord, Molly Mabray, Malik, Zadie and Zeke
Event objective: In this event match, you must play as George to KO the opponents he is thinking of by using Gnocchi's assist function and then collect the specific food-healing item left after KOing him. If you KO the wrong opponent, you get a strike. Three wrong hits, you self-destruct or get KOd, you fail the event match!
References: The Curious George episode Gnocchi the Critic. All the opponents chosen are characters that are affiliated with a favorite food or have had food mentioned throughout their show in a way.

Event #Extra02: Bob's Tool Hunt
Event Description:
Bob the Builder is always busy. But...he lost his tools and they are everywhere due to that no-good Spud! Can you help Bob be the Can-Do builder and get all the tools that he needs before it's too late to get to work?
Player: Bob the Builder (in VSmile Legacy Skin)
Stage: Looking for Tools
Opponent(s): Three random opponents (Five on harder difficulties)
Event objective: In this event match, you have to simply collect all the tools and then KO all your opponents. You can KO them any time but they will respawn until you have successfully collected all the tools. After you have collected all the tools, you are able to KO your opponents for good! If you miss a tool, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match!
References: The Bob the Builder video game for the VSmile Bob's Busy Day specifically the Looking for Tools level. Also, Bob is in his VSmile Legacy Skin simply referencing that the stage is from the VSmile game.

Event #Extra03: A Neighborly Thing To Do!
Event Description:
Daniel Tiger seems to be excited as he and his friends made some cupcakes to give to their neighbors for Neighborly Day! However, it seems Baker Aker was in a rush that he decided to leave the cupcakes right on top of the cake display! Can you help Daniel Tiger protect him and his friends' cupcakes that they worked hard on for their neighbors before they get all gobbled up to teach these rascals how to be neighborly?
Player: Choice
Assist: Daniel Tiger
Stage: Baker Aker's Bakery
Opponent(s): 3 random opponents (5 on harder difficulties)
Event objective: You must protect the cupcakes in the time limit that you have. The opponents can "eat" the cupcake by attacking it. However, the tricky part is, you cannot move the cupcakes so you better be on your best guard!
References: The Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood special Neighbor Day.

Event #Extra04: Milo the New Brawltime Party Hero!
Event description:
With him joining the PBS Kids multiverse, Milo seems to have found his way to the Brawltime Party! However, some Anomaly minions have came in as well as a strange bat found in the Neon Gaming City. Can Milo prove his help can really assist the Brawltime Party fighters?
Assist: Milo
Stage: PTV Park
Opponent(s): Anomaly Minions x25 (35 on harder difficulties), then the Anomaly Bat boss but increasingly harder than what was seen in Curious George's chapter.
Event objective: In this event, you need to defeat the Anomaly minions in a Multi-nomaly Mayhem-esque fight. It's simply a no-frills battle. If you get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match.
Reference: Generic reference to the show Milo where he imagines himself in various roles. With him joining the PBS Kids lineup this year, he is imagining himself as a hero assisting the Brawltime Party fighters!

Legacy Skin Criteria

Submit a Legacy Skin based on a gaming event/pop culture event that is NOT an esports/Smash tournament event series.

I feel we need a Legacy Skin based on other gaming events PBS Kids: Brawltime! could pop up in such as Gamescom, Summer Games Fest, Comic Con, Games Done Quick, etc. This could open up for more fun Legacy Skin possibilities!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I just have one extra event, and this is an interesting one:

Event #Extra01: A Quick Drawing of the Anomaly Bat!
Event Description: Hurry! The Anomaly Bat is just about to fly off with Allie in its clutches! Go to the mountaintops and save Allie by defeating the Anomaly Bat, FAST!
Stage: Mountaintop section of Curious George's story mode chapter, where he faced the Anomaly Bat to free Allie
Opponent(s): Anomaly Bat
Event objective: In this event match, you have to be quick and rescue Allie from the Anomaly Bat in a very short amount of time of 15 seconds. (10 seconds on harder difficulty levels) Though the Anomaly Bat can be defeated in one hit, what makes it trickier is that it flies all over the place pretty fast! You'll have to use all your quick reflexes and quick-planning-out in order to succeed this event. When the time runs out, the Anomaly Bat flies away with Allie and it's all over!
References: Just making a part of a DLC fighter's story mode chapter more challenging in general. This event match was also inspired from the Melee Event Match, Seconds, Anyone?, with a similar objective.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright...so enough time has passed. My first three events will be used. I will be retracting my Milo event as I feel Pop's event seems super fun and harder. It's definitely more unique too so, his event will be used as the fourth one so yay to the both of us! Now, onto the PBS Kids Archives!

Job 403:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Curious George update. We'll need one episode from Curious George of course as well as one episode from Nature Cat and Milo (as sort of a sneak preview for him joining the roster of PBS Kids shows very soon this year) given that those shows got content in this update. Feel free to submit episodes from shows already represented in this game who got content in this update (especially Ruff Ruffman: Humble Media Genius)! alongside adding one bonus episode as well that has nothing to do with the content.

Job 404:

Submit 5 PBS Kids Website games and 3 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 5 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 3 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

One of the website games and one of the video games MUST come from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is NOT represented by a fighter. We are representing more PBS Kids gaming history here for the rest of the 2nd Learner's Pass!

Curious George:

Gnocchi the Critic/George Cleans Up

Curious George (the 2006 movie)
(unlocked after beating George's Story Mode chapter, George's event match "The Pastabilities are Endless" and the final event match "A Quick Drawing of The Anomaly Bat!")

Nature Cat:

Cave Conundrum/Daisy's Colossal Fossil

Milo:

Milo, The Explorer/Milo, The News Reporter

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood:

Neighbor Day

Ruff Ruffman: Humble Media Genius:

As a surprise, everything that is out there for this mini-series!

Teletubbies:

Feeding the Chickens

Bob the Builder (Original Series):

Bob's Birthday/Bob's Big Surprise

Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum:

Xavier Riddle And The Secret Movie I Am Madam President

I went for episodes based on the content received. The Curious George episode is an obvious choice as it was referenced in George's event match. Same thing with the Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood episode. The Nature Cat episode was chosen due to the second episode focusing on Daisy. The Milo episode was chosen as that would be the first episode to air on PBS Kids so...PBS Kids: Brawltime! players will get exclusive access to a sneak preview of this upcoming PBS Kids show!

For Ruff Ruffman: Humble Media Genius, why not just include all the shorts as they are short and we need them more than ever? Plus, the web series is coming back too. Teletubbies and Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum got episodes as both the Teletubbies and Xavier Riddle and his sister Yadina appeared in George's Story Mode Chapter. Plus, for Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum, I chose the movie as after all, we need more PBS Kids movies. Plus, it focuses on Yadina as well. For Bob the Builder (original series), I chose Bob's Birthday/Bob's Big Stripes as I remember the first half of the episode so well. We also added a Bob the Builder stage as well.

Finally....as a surprise, you can unlock the Curious George movie by beating George's Story Mode chapter, George's event match "The Pastabilities are Endless" and the final event match "A Quick Drawing of The Anomaly Bat!" for extra fun!

PBS Kids Website Games

Curious George: Feed Gnocchi

sddefault.jpg

Sesame Street: Oscar's Bumper Cars

maxresdefault.jpg

Between the Lions: Gawain's Word

ezgif-6-479c570772.jpg

Cyberchase: Buzz and Delete Save The Day

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: Neighbor Day

maxresdefault.jpg

I HAD to add the game Feed Gnocchi for Curious George based on the assist herself! The Sesame Street game is based on the item we added with Letterman. Late, but it had to be added. The Between the Lions and Cyberchase games were chosen as they focused on assists like Gawain and Delete. As for the Gawain's Word website game, you will have access to all the word families to make words! As for my bonus game...I chose the Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood game, Neighbor Day as that ties in to the special added to the PBS Kids Archives!

PBS Kids Video Games

Curious George (2006) (GameCube/PS2/Xbox/Windows)

curiousgeorge-1000x665w.jpg

Super Why: The Beach Day Mystery (VSmile: VMotion)

515Qci3LrwL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends (SNES)

s-l600.jpg

As for my video games, the Curious George game based on the movie had to be added. Believe it or not, there's a niche speedrunning community that speedruns the game (I know someone personally who spedrun the Curious George video game based on the movie.) The Super Why game got added as we added a stage based on a VSmile game. However...you may be wondering why this VSmile game got in so late...it's because now, I envision VTech in our universe finally launching the VMotion Classic to be compatible with the VSmile Classic. You may see one more piece of content based off of the Super Why VSmile game soon to promote this hypothetical product ;).

For my bonus game...I chose Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends for the SNES. Pop submitted it before so I decided to resubmit it given we added Mr. Conductor as an assist with Letterman a while back. Plus, the game is super iconic and from the Shining Time Station era of Thomas and Friends given we already have a Thomas video game from the HiT era.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
To be real, I am totally good with all of AlteredBeast's submissions, we can go on when we can ;)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, all my PBS Kids Archives submissions will join the PBS Kids Archives with the Curious George update! Now, onto Legacy Skins!

Job 405:

Time for the first round of Legacy Skins for Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighters! Submit up to 4 Legacy Skins based on major platfighter/fighting game tournaments or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things not from their shows.

If you are submitting a batch of 4 Legacy Skins, one of the Legacy Skins MUST be based on a gaming/pop culture event PBS Kids: Brawltime! could appear in like Summer Game Fest, The Game Awards, Comic-Con, etc. E-Sports/Smash tournament series are not allowed.

The top 4 ideas will be added to Curious George's pack!

You CANNOT submit Legacy Skins for:

• Bob the Builder
  • Betsy
  • Super Why
  • The Zula Patrol
  • Ty Rux
The first 4 characters on that list have already received Legacy Skins with Ty Rux's Legacy Pack recently (Bob, Betsy, and Zula Patrol) and Super Why with the ABCMouse update. Ty Rux will not be allowed any Legacy Skins anymore since he is a guest character and has the one-time occasion treatment that guest characters will get from now on.

Ms. Frizzle Makes Waves at Riptide

ms-frizzle-thinking-600-thumb-500xauto-23519.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

I know an idea for a Riptide Legacy Skin was submitted before by Pop. But...I felt an idea for a Riptide-themed skin would be fun to do with Ms. Frizzle as she has gone on adventures with the oceans and passed through actual riptides. Basically, her dress becomes light blue with a bit of the rainbow on it like the Riptide logo and gets a watery-aqua effect on her dress with the Riptide logo on it. All her attacks have rainbow and water-splashing aesthetics to fit the water park, video-game tournament theme!

Neon Gaming City Food Vendor Seller Teletubbies

Japanese-Street-Food-Make-it-at-Home3.jpg

I'm surprised NO ONE has come up with this idea yet but...based on the epilogue of the Story Mode, we see the Teletubbies sporting aprons and hats of their colors that they wear while working at their food vendor selling Tubby Ramen and Tubby Brentos! Their Down Neutral will have a plate of Tubby Brentos instead of Tubby Custard and the insides of the Tubby Brentos will spill everywhere for that attack, no properties are changed, just a different visual effect.

Neon Anime Wear Barney

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa-ca443f4786.jpg

Another Legacy Skin idea I have had for a while that I'm also surprised no one came up with. Just like Barney wore in the epilogue of the Story Mode, Barney will be decked out in anime neon gear and gain an anime-aesthetic. Alongside this, each one of his attacks will have a hologram message with something positive on it for that super aesthetic effect! No properties to attacks changed.

Summer Game Fest Elmo

FzlHCR6WcAAlmXM.jpg
645888914a236726dba206db_SGF_23_thumb.jpg

This event will be here before you know it and Elmo will be there as a guest appearance to help promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! Just like how he would hypothetically appear at this Summer Game Fest, he will wear a tropical Hawaiian shirt with many bright colors that has the Summer Game Fest logo on it with him wearing sunglasses and sunscreen on his nose. For each of his attacks, bubbles with the Summer Game Fest logo on it will appear for that beautiful visual touch! We haven't given Elmo a skin in a while so this is his change to get another Legacy Skin!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright.......so I got ALMOST nothing, but I got somethin', since we really need to move forward

PAX Molly Mabray

Just gives Molly a red t-shirt with the PAX East logo on it and light blue pants with the PAX West logo on it. She can also wear Orange shoes with the PAX South logo on it. What makes it way more ironic is that PAX lacks a North event, and Molly lives way up north!

Ok, so I could submit this if I REALLY could, if it was still kicking, which I REALLY wish was still the case......

E3 Kratt Bros

I feel like we should NEVER forget the original big yearly gaming event even though most people just yawn at it fading away, and I REALLY do still wish it was still around. Makes Chris red and Martin yellow!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Summer Game Fest Elmo

View attachment 386527View attachment 386528

This event will be here before you know it and Elmo will be there as a guest appearance to help promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! Just like how he would hypothetically appear at this Summer Game Fest, he will wear a tropical Hawaiian shirt with many bright colors that has the Summer Game Fest logo on it with him wearing sunglasses and sunscreen on his nose. For each of his attacks, bubbles with the Summer Game Fest logo on it will appear for that beautiful visual touch! We haven't given Elmo a skin in a while so this is his change to get another Legacy Skin!
Alright.......so I got ALMOST nothing, but I got somethin', since we really need to move forward

PAX Molly Mabray

Just gives Molly a red t-shirt with the PAX East logo on it and light blue pants with the PAX West logo on it. She can also wear Orange shoes with the PAX South logo on it. What makes it way more ironic is that PAX lacks a North event, and Molly lives way up north!

Ok, so I could submit this if I REALLY could, if it was still kicking, which I REALLY wish was still the case......

E3 Kratt Bros

I feel like we should NEVER forget the original big yearly gaming event even though most people just yawn at it fading away, and I REALLY do still wish it was still around. Makes Chris red and Martin yellow!
Alright, I will close submissions. My Legacy Skins for Ms. Frizzle, Barney and the Teletubbies will join the Curious George update. However, we need to vote on a Legacy Skin based on a gaming event. I love the Kratt Bros E3 Legacy Skin idea but...since E3 is sadly discontinued, it won't be allowed sadly. Please vote on the Strawpoll below for which Legacy Skin you want in Curious George's update!

Legacy Skin Based off of Gaming Event Poll
Summer Game Fest Elmo AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
PAX Molly Mabray PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, on to two new jobs!

Job 406:

Submit an enhancement to a mode in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Similar to what we did before, any sort of QOL or big feature added to a mode that enhances the experience.

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Curious George! He can be revealed in a PBS Kids: Brawltime! presentation or even at another gaming event. I ultimately want his trailer to be some sort of bigger deal as this is about an assist being promoted after all!

Enhancement for mode:

PBS Kids Archives Filters, Added Idents/Transitions, Fun Additions, and more organized sections

I know we give a lot of love to this mode...but I had an idea for something fun...

For your favorite PBS Kids shows, you can add a filter based on your local PBS Kids station that you watched growing up like Thirteen or WLIW 21, add a CRT-esque filter for older PBS Kids shows, etc. You can even add a NET-style feature for those very old episodes of Sesame Street and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood and such.

Alongside this, there will be added Coming Up Next bumpers for each show in respect to the era the show or episode debuted in so...an unearthing of lost media! You'll also get the sponsorship credits too if the show had sponsorship credits (even with the brands that have not yet sponsored the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit that have PBS Kids history but it adds a nice touch to the shows, making it feel like your watching PBS Kids).

Finally, for the website games, you will get special UI features based on different eras of the PBS Kids website with a custom UI based on the shows represented in the game.

bf8c7dbe1eded19fa116536f831373db.jpg
PBSKIDS-2.png

Basically, like this in a way to add that nice, nostalgic touch.

Overall...this update just adds nice, little features and a whole bunch of lost media in here to REALLY push the nostalgia factor for more fun.

Reveal Trailer for Curious George

An Assisting Promotion With a Party!

We start with a montage of all the characters revealed fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus the two free bonus characters and all the Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighters.

Then, we cut to footage of a CRT turning onto some sort of party minigame stage with a crowd cheering with the PBS Kids logo on the curtain and we see a magic hat right on the stage.

it cuts to Announcer Bunny appearing out of his hat and next to his mic in 2000s-esque graphics. The other characters appear in this style as well. All the speech bubbles appear as textboxes below the screen with the characters having voices. It's like a Mario Party game with the characters saying the dialogue...more like WarioWare in a way.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to tell you all...something BIG is going on right now! We are in the game PBS Kids Party Panic! It seems we have some special guests in this game andddd one of them will win a special prize at the end. But, you may be wondering who's competing for this prize. Let's look and see!

We then see a listing of 16 different assist characters being:

• Gawain
  • Curious George
  • Splash and Bubbles
  • Sir Topham Hatt
  • Rosie Fuentes
  • Sara Snap
  • Lamb Chop
  • Telly Monster
  • Aristotle
  • Daniel Tiger
  • Wishbone
  • Papa Bear
  • Piggley Winks
  • George Shrinks
  • Aviva Corcovado
  • Yadina Riddle
Announcer Bunny: Yes, you may recognize these 16 contenders as the assists at the Brawltime Party! Now, they will compete in a series of tests to see...who is the PBS Kids Party Panic champion! Are you ready, everyone?

The crowd cheers.

Announcer Bunny: Alright...the games start in 3...2...1....GO!

We see the 16 assists duke it out in various microgames ala WarioWare style with influences from Mario Party in a montage such as minigames involving attacking Anomaly-themed wooden targets, doing the various Dash's Fitness Fun games as minigames, a game similar to the Mario Party mini game, The Final Countdown, etc.

At the end, we see all 16 assists on the stage.

Announcer Bunny: Everyone did fantastic! Now, to help me announce the winner of the PBS Kids Party Panic challenge, please welcome the Brawltime Party host himself, Dash!

Dash comes out in gameshow host-style attire.

Dash: Congratulations to you all! It seems based on the results we have one clear winner but all of you did great!

Daniel Tiger: Boy, did I sure have fun!

Telly Monster: After all, as I learned on Sesame Street, if you had fun, your number one!

Dash: And now...the moment you have all been waiting for...the winner of PBS Kids Party Panic is.....

There is a drumroll and then the spotlights shine on.....

Dash: Curious George!

Curious George smiles and claps his hands as confetti falls down. All the other contestants applaud him and cheer for him.

Sir Topham Hatt: You are a really useful monkey!

Piggley Winks: I must say, Jakers! Well done, lad!

Wishbone: This is one story for the books!

Aviva: I'm sure Chris and Martin will be surprised to hear about this too!

The man with the yellow hat comes up and hugs George.

Announcer Bunny: Now...for the big prize...

Dash then goes into his pocket and pulls out the prize....being a Brawltime Party invite!

Dash: You are the lucky assist to be promoted to Brawltime Party fighter! The rest of the assists will gladly stay at the Brawltime Party but you George are going to really show your skills!

Everyone cheers loudly and all the assists show their support.

TMWTYH: Well George...are you ready for this Brawltime Party?

We see George do some monkey flips and then....

Introducing Curious George! (We see Curious George next to the text in the PBS Kids-style font while Announcer Bunny says "Curious George!)

We then cut to footage of George fighting against Elmo with the Telly Monster assist, Lionel with the Gawain assist and Chris and Martin (Chris out) with the Aviva assist on PTV Park. We see George use his Light Moves on a variety of opponents across various stages. In the background, you hear a remix of the Curious George theme.

Chris: Woah! This monkey seems to have a lot up his sleeve!

Gawain: He's certainly one cool monkey, dude!

We even see Curious George use his Up Special on the Bronx Rooftops stage and his Down Special on the Animal Junction stage causing Martin to slip.

We then cut to footage of George's home stage, The Apartment where we see the layout and its gimmicks with George fighting against Ord and Super Why. Then, we see footage of the Gnocchi assist helping Curious George and even footage of the Event Match "The Pastabilities are Endless!"

TMYTH: Gnocchi, you came too?

Gnocchi meows.

Then, we see George's main gimmick in action being his Neutral Special as we see him gain items from fighters. First, he does it on Big Bird on the Sesame Street stage.

Big Bird: Hey, he seems he wants to play with us!

George does this to other fighters too on other stages!

Miss Frizzle: After all, he is one smart monkey...curious too! I would love him as a student!

We see George use the various items gained from his curiosity and then, we see the new item, Professor Wiseman's Band Cuckoo Clock and its function.

TMYTH: Oh George, you have that clock again that you once broke?

George Shrinks: Perhaps he loves telling time...

It then shows George throwing the item to Barney with the Lamb Chop assist.

Lamb Chop: Bahh! This music is fun!

Finally, we cut to more fun footage with Curious George:

• Him on Animal Junction
  • Him with Ord and Super Why on the Hooper's Table stage with George showing off his taunt
  • Him on the Bridwell Island stage curious about what's in Clifford's dog house
  • Some footage of a platforming section from George's story mode chapter
  • Him on Reeftown with Splash and Bubbles
Splash: He can play hide n' seek with us!

Bubbles: For a monkey...he certainly can!

Rosie: Way to go, George!

Sara Snap: You are SUPER!

Aristotle: A story to be told for generations about hard work! I'll add it to my book!

We then hear the Curious George theme ending with us seeing Curious George being added to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with the other 29 fighters making the total fighters now 30!

We then see all the assists cheering for him again.

Yadina: My big brother would love to hear about this like the rest of us!

Amidst all the celebration...we see an Anomaly Bat in the distance flying away and then the TV glitches.

We then cut to Announcer Bunny in live action.

Announcer Bunny: Well...that certainly was a first for this Brawltime Party! Curious George is our first fighter for Learner's Pass Vol. 2! This has been a one-time occurrence where we saw an assist become a fighter...a super big promotion! His Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well and the update containing him will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

This trailer introduces:

• Curious George as a fighter, his moveset and main gimmick alongside his taunt
  • His home stage, The Apartment
  • Gnocchi as an assist and her function
  • Professor Wiseman's Band Cuckoo Clock item and its function
  • Footage of George's Story Mode chapter that doesn't spoil too much of the plot
  • The event match "The Pastabilities Are Endless!"
  • Hints at a plot point involving the Anomaly still being alive in the Neon Gaming City with the Anomaly Bat being the main villain
Notes:

• PBS Kids Party Panic is based on various party games based on minigames like Mario Party, the WarioWare games and even other ones from the 2000s-early 2010s like Wii Party, Crash Bash, etc.
  • George with Ord and Super Why on Hooper's Table is an obvious reference to the characters being from shows that aired on the PBS Kids Preschool Block
  • The 16 assists were chosen based on the assists I felt would work best as fighters, the 5 that were submitted by us as nominations appeared in this trailer. In fact...all the assists had at least one line of dialogue in the trailer!
  • This trailer also acts an alternate story as to how George joined the Brawltime Party in a way...I guess the actual invite was delayed in the Neon Gaming City ever since the Anomaly Bat got Allie

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, time to close both jobs. So, both my enhancement for the PBS Kids Archives and my idea for George's reveal trailer will be added. For the Legacy Skin...the Strawpoll ended in a tie. However, I will let Pop's skin join as I have more Legacy Skin ideas for Elmo compared to Molly. Well done to both of us!

A bit of a fun fact for my reveal trailer for George. I was going to do a whole different homage to another video game genre....but that can be for any reveal trailer for any PBS Kids character. I thought the 2000s party-game themed trailer was a fun idea. Plus, there would be no prior announcement to the first Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter being an assist promotion! It would come as a TOTAL surprise in my vision.

Anywho...time for round 3 of Sponsorship Packs!

Job 407:

If you remember, we submitted sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit's third year! Boy, how fast did time fly! Once again, there will be "Sponsorship Packs" where players can buy various minor content related to the sponsors of the game. Each sponsor has a different content ratio in terms of what they will give to their Sponsorship Pack. Remember, each purchase gives the prize pool for the Competitive Circuit finale a huge boost! You can submit content for all sponsors. As a bonus, you can also describe how promotions can work for PBS Kids: Brawltime! in the actual products of these brands.

Our sponsors for the second year of the Championship Circuit are:

• Rainforest Cafe
    • Pack will come with one Legacy Skin, two items (one menu item and one gift store/non-food and drink based item) and one stage reskin
  • Chick-Fil-A
    • Pack will come with one Legacy Skin and two/three items
  • Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
    • Pack will come with one Legacy Skin and two/three items
  • Golden Corral
    • Pack will come with one Legacy Skin, two/three items and one stage reskin
Also, you CANNOT submit Legacy Skins for:
  • Mr. Rogers
  • Arthur
  • Buster
  • Barney
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Ord
  • Bob the Builder
  • Super Why
These characters already received Legacy Skins in Sponsorship Packs. Super Why technically got a Sponsor Skin with his ABCMouse Legacy Skin as ABCMouse.com was a surprise 5th sponsor for last year's Championship Circuit. You cannot submit another Stage Reskin for the Tower of Learning, PTV Park and The Land of Make-Believe as those stages already received sponsorship pack stage reskins.

Get submitting and really use your imagination!

Legacy Skin: King of The Rainforest Curious George

curiousgeorge_flyer.jpg

You all saw this coming, didn't you? This is why I wanted Curious George in PBS Kids: Brawltime! in the first place. Basically, George gets a crown made up of the rainforest's leaves as well as gets colored green and white all over with some yellow spots. He will have the Rainforest Cafe logo on his belly. Every time he gets a KO, Cha Cha and his friends from Rainforest Cafe will come out and do a cheer for that cool, visual effect!
Items:

Volcano Sundae

volcano.jpg

I HAD to submit this item as well given this was probably my favorite menu item at Rainforest Cafe. I have had so many memories getting it...especially for the Brownie cake part. When this dessert item spawns onto a stage...a fighter can consume it causing 35% of the fighter's health to be restored. However...your stats will be nerfed as this dessert is not the healthiest. Alongside this, the volcano sundae will have a fake sparkler on top that you can grab and hit/throw at opponents causing only 3% damage due to it being very light and not that harmful at all.

Swinging Toucan

img_3045.jpg

"When you save one can....your saving toucans!"

Yes, this is a bit of a reference to the sponsorship ad seen before and after the airings of Curious George on PBS Kids. When this bird is summoned, you can attack the swing causing the toucan to swing a little, causing around 10% damage. After a little while, the toucan will start to be annoyed and fly away. Whoever hit it last will be pecked causing about 25% damage to the last fighter who pushed the toucan. I thought this would be a fun item due to it referencing the animal decor as well as the sponsor funding credits for Rainforest Cafe

Stage Reskin

Zobooland Rainforest Cafe Variant

Being another show based on animals, why not give Zoboolanda fun Rainforest Cafe variant? The stage will have a layout based on the decor of the restuarant with Cha Cha and his friends in the background cheering you on. Alongside this, every 20 seconds or so (like how every 20 minutes at Rainforest Cafe locations), a thunderstorm will appear to happen in the background to simulate the Rainforest Cafe experience.

interior-of-rainforest.jpg

As for tie-in promos, there would be the return of the old Curious George kids menus from the early 2010s to Rainforest Cafe locations. There would also be a special PBS Kids: Brawltime! menu with various PBS Kids: Brawltime! characters who are themed around animals getting menu items themed after them.

For example, there would be:

• Curious George's Banana Pudding
  • Barney's Super-Dee-Duper Mac n' Cheese (kind of referencing another location owned by the same people who own Rainforest Cafe being T-Rex Cafe)
  • Chris and Martin's Power-Up Pizza (basically a meat lover's pizza)
  • Lionel's Wild Ribs
  • Wombat Wacky Pancakes (for Malik, Zadie and Zeke)
There would be some more, but these are the examples. Also, for gift shop merchandise, you can buy the vintage kids menu with Curious George stuff in it for a nice prize as well as the pennies having the PBS Kids: Brawltime! fighters and other characters on the back for some time too. Even the photo booths will get a nice PBS Kids: Brawltime! themed background as well!

There will also be a compilation of the Rainforest Cafe funding credits ads added to the PBS Kids Archives with this pack.

Legacy Skin: Eat More Chikin Lionel

Cows image resized_11zon.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

It's been a long while since Lionel has gotten a Legacy Skin. Plus, Between the Lions has had a long history with Chick-Fil-A sponsoring them so this was the perfect opportunity to give Lionel a skin! Overall, Lionel will just get a white shirt that says Eat More Chikin on it as well as his fur getting cow prints. Each one of his attacks will have a sauce-themed after-visual effect to it giving him that pop, based on all the Chick-Fil-A sauces! Nothing too special but just a nice Legacy Skin.

Items:

Original Chicken Sandwich

image.jpg

The most iconic Chick-Fil-A menu item joins the item collection in PBS Kids: Brawltime! When a fighter consumes it, a fighter will heal just about 20% of their damage. It's a simple, healing item.

Eat More Chikin Sign

e93fe95388ab2afb8774e067ed4b4bd2.jpg

An item that references the original Chick-Fil-A sponsorship ad. It's a joke item, really. You can just throw it at an opponent causing only around 5% damage and then the Chick-Fil-A cow from the sponsorship ads appears as a visual joke. Not too powerful here.

Chick-Fil-A Sauce Packets
sauces-smaller.jpg

Another iconic part of Chick-Fil-A are their ever-so-yummy sauces! These sauce packets will spawn in high quantity. You can throw them at a fighter to cause a food fight and give them about 7% damage. However, the fighter who got the sauce thrown at them will get a slight stat buff. This item will really cause you to think who to give some dipping sauces too.

The various Chick-Fil-A sponsorship ads will be added to the PBS Kids Archives.

As for tie-in promotions, there will be a display of past PBS Kids merchandise (mostly Between the Lions merchandise) sold with kids meals at the Chick-Fil-A locations across the nation. They will be in display cases (think like the Nintendo NY store displays with various past merchandise and such) and just be a sort of mini-museum. Alongside this, there will be new special collector toys for kids and older fans based on PBS Kids: Brawl Time! including books based on the various PBS Kids IPs and classic sampler DVDs which you can also scan the QR code on the old-school packaging to watch your favorite PBS Kids episodes from that era. There would also be coupons for PBS Kids: Brawltime! that come with each meal to make your purchase of the game and the DLC a cheaper price. The same will happen with copies of PBS Kids: Brawltime! coming with coupons for Chick-Fil-A meals!

Legacy Skin: Doughnut Aficiando Digit

krispy-kreme-Emblem.jpg
11-facts-about-digit-cyberchase-1692050532.jpg

If you want someone who's good with numbers and comes from a world that has doughnuts in it...you got Digit here with his new Legacy Skin! Here, he is showing off his love and knowledge of good donuts. He turns white and red with a green hat. His skin turns red specifically. Alongside this, he gains the Krispy Kreme logo on his chest. All his attacks have a donut-themed aesthetic. The numbers in his Neutral Special are replaced with doughnuts from Krispy Kreme's collection of PBS Kids: Brawltime! themed doughnuts so be sure to count how many donuts are there...

Items:

Krispy Kreme's Brawltime Dozen of Doughnuts

37726940_10156191554016001_5132706194707709952_o.jpg

It's the classic dozen of doughnuts....but something is different because the doughnuts shown in the package are the special PBS Kids: Brawltime! themed doughnuts in the special package that they come in with PBS Kids: Brawltime! branding for product placement! A fighter can simply pick it up and eat one donut at a time. However, any fighter can easily knock the donuts out of your hand to get them. Each donut heals around 8% but be careful, with each donut you eat, your speed becomes more sluggish and your stats get nerfed. Be careful when you indulge your sweet tooth!

Frozen Lattes

kkfmwwcd-1.jpg

I thought I would add something to represent Krispy Kreme's drinks but these frozen lattes will appear in any flavor. No matter the flavor, they have the same properties. Basically, when a fighter consumes one, you get some health recovered (around 6%). Be careful as if you drink one for too long, you may get a brain freeze and may be temporarily stunned, leaving you open to any attacks! Also, a fighter can simply attack you to take the drink out of your hand so be on your guard!
As for tie-in promotions, there will be the limited-time PBS Kids: Brawltime! donuts as well as the PBS Kids: Brawltime! dozen of donuts. These include flavors such as...

• Anomaly Donut (one with purple icing)
  • Buzzarian Cream Donut
  • Thomas's Really Useful Donut (one that has Oreos on top to make it look like coal)
  • Dragonberry Donut
  • Barney's Stupendous Peanut Butter and Jelly Donut
  • Tubby Donut with Tubby Custard inside
  • Betsy's Super Pink Donut
  • Dash's Brawltime Donut (has green icing with the old PBS Kids logo on the top as a topping)
  • Berenstain Bears' Honey Donut
  • Mr. Rogers's Special Donut (with special red icing and made to look like his sweater)
  • Odd Squad Odd Donut (one with a very strange icing color and made to look like an odd donut)
  • Martha's Scrumptious, Delectable, Wordy Donut (a donut with yellow frosting and has letters on it to show Martha being very excited to talk about the donut)
Also, Krispy Kreme will be the lucky company to host the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Dozens of Fun Competitive Circuit sweepstakes! One lucky winner will get an all-paid expense trip to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit finale and get a free copy of the game with all the DLC and such by scanning a QR code if you purchase the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Assorted Dozen of Doughnuts. The winner will also get to hang out with the development team and ask questions, commentate a set at the finale if allowed, and other VIP goodies.

Legacy Skin: Golden Corral Buffet Hero WordGirl

golden-corral-logo-color.png
p186079_i_h10_aa.jpg.crop.1280x720.jpg
It was a bit tough to decide which fighter should get the Legacy Skin for Golden Corral. But, I ultimately settled on WordGirl due to both her character and the Golden Corral logo sharing the same colors as well as Golden Corral having a history with another tie-in for another animated hero, Larry Boy from Veggietales for Larry Boy and The Bad Apple back in 2006!

WordGirl gets the Golden Corral logo on her suit and even Captain Huggyface sports the logo as well. If she gets a KO, a picture of her holding a random food item from Golden Corral and giving a thumbs up will be seen in the background to congratulate you on a job well done! She even will have the narrator narrate about a dish briefly every time she gets a KO as a fun, little joke. A fun Legacy Skin!

Items:

Golden Delicious Shrimp

Unknown.jpeg

One of the more popular menu items there! They appear in huge quantities and only give you about 4% worth of health for a small one. Occasionally, they will appear in batches causing you to heal more health so be on the lookout for the larger quantities!

Signature Sirloin Steak

Unknown.jpeg

Another iconic menu item there as this item will simply give you about 40% of your damage healed as you eat the steak with a side of baked potato, some bread, and vegetables! Your attack and defense get buffed for a short time but your speed gets slowed down. Some benefits with a slight detriment here!

Chocolate Wonderfall

1.jpeg

Probably the most fun part of when I went to a Golden Corral once almost over a decade ago, this massive chocolate fountain would appear occasionally and can be used to eat the chocolate with a strawberry or other item which you can get 4% of your health recovered but nerf your stats a little or you can throw it and cause your fighters to get into a sweet mess, causing them around 20% damage alongside their stats getting nerfed too. It's a double-edged sword like the Smoothie Machine item.

Stage Variant:

Once Upon a Restaurant as Golden Corral

Basically, the stage turns into the more causal stage variant like what IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen with food dropping on the table part of the stage as healing items, both the ones currently as items and stuff typically served at Golden Corral. However, eating too much food will cause your fighter to get "plumped", making them move slower, attack slower, have less mobility, and just be more vulnerable altogether. It's the first non-competitive stage to get a stage variant.

As for promotional stuff, there will be PBS Kids and PBS Kids: Brawltime! themed placements on the table alongside there being a temporary Anomaly takeover buffet where the food is specifically colored purple (not like in poison but to show the Anomaly have possessed the buffet). Also, the salad bar would be WordGirl-themed to help those power up with healthy eating if need be!

I know this is a little late but...I was thinking, back when we added the LEGO Duplo back after Bob joined, I feel like we should have added the website games with the Thomas and Friends building games and such. So yeah, we'll just add that for fun if everyone wants, that totally slipped my mind.

Also, another idea I had was that...there would be sponsorship ads for the sponsors with no PBS Kids history when they get introduced in a hypothetical announcement video and each ad fits the show's sponsorship credit aesthetic and such. The new ads would be added to the PBS Kids Archives. If anyone wants to have a go at writing some of these ads, be my guest as I may write some.

For some, you can have:

• Maruchan be a late 1990s/early 2000s sponsorship ad to fit the Teletubbies sponsorship credits
  • Papa John's Pizza be a very modern sponsorship ad
  • Chipotle be a 2000s sponsorship ad to base it around Dragon Tales
  • Olive Garden be a bit more modern to fit the new logo and the newer Arthur funding credits
  • Kraft in general getting an ad for the late 1990s to fit the later-era of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
  • Krispy Kreme be modern most likely
  • Golden Corral be maybe 2007/2008 inspired to fit I guess the early WordGirl airings
Just food for thought here but I hope to see all of your ideas for Sponsorship Packs soon!

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
(A happy birthday to the late Fred Rogers by the way!)

Wasn't active here as much because all the presented ideas were fine to me so far, nothing more to add. But, for one of these sponsor packs, I have an alternative idea...

Krispy Kreme Legacy Skin: Employee Wombats

krisp.jpg
don't call me wombo.PNG

This is basically just the Wombat siblings wearing the employee outfits (preferably wearing matching colors, maybe red shirt, green apron, and white hat for repping the company's colors). Some doughnut-themed visual effects accompany certain actions such as grabs and KOs. Just thought it'd look cute, and it'd be nice to represent the ever-important workers.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Sorry Im so late on this, but, I may have a few. I do like all the ideas AlteredBeast submitted, particularly those different PBS Kids themed Krispy Kreme Donuts and the Chocolate Fountain.

Legacy Skin:
Rainforest Cafe Body Cheeko

So far, Cheeko doesn't have a lot of alts, especially ones that majorly change his appearance, but I thought, why not give him parts of animals featured on the Rainforest Cafe logo? He could have a, Iguana torso, a Jaguar tail, Macaw Wings and maybe Crocodile legs.

Assist:
Hippopotamus

An animal found exclusively at the Opry Mills location in Nashville, TN. Why it's exclusive to that location, I'm really not sure. Function-wise, it can serve as a bounce pad for the fighter it's assisting and launch opponents upward!

Last edited:
Top Bottom