• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Legacy Skin: King of The Rainforest Curious George

View attachment 386711

You all saw this coming, didn't you? This is why I wanted Curious George in PBS Kids: Brawltime! in the first place. Basically, George gets a crown made up of the rainforest's leaves as well as gets colored green and white all over with some yellow spots. He will have the Rainforest Cafe logo on his belly. Every time he gets a KO, Cha Cha and his friends from Rainforest Cafe will come out and do a cheer for that cool, visual effect!

Swinging Toucan

View attachment 386713

"When you save one can....your saving toucans!"

Yes, this is a bit of a reference to the sponsorship ad seen before and after the airings of Curious George on PBS Kids. When this bird is summoned, you can attack the swing causing the toucan to swing a little, causing around 10% damage. After a little while, the toucan will start to be annoyed and fly away. Whoever hit it last will be pecked causing about 25% damage to the last fighter who pushed the toucan. I thought this would be a fun item due to it referencing the animal decor as well as the sponsor funding credits for Rainforest Cafe

Legacy Skin: Doughnut Aficiando Digit

View attachment 386721View attachment 386722

If you want someone who's good with numbers and comes from a world that has doughnuts in it...you got Digit here with his new Legacy Skin! Here, he is showing off his love and knowledge of good donuts. He turns white and red with a green hat. His skin turns red specifically. Alongside this, he gains the Krispy Kreme logo on his chest. All his attacks have a donut-themed aesthetic. The numbers in his Neutral Special are replaced with doughnuts from Krispy Kreme's collection of PBS Kids: Brawltime! themed doughnuts so be sure to count how many donuts are there...
(A happy birthday to the late Fred Rogers by the way!)

Wasn't active here as much because all the presented ideas were fine to me so far, nothing more to add. But, for one of these sponsor packs, I have an alternative idea...

Krispy Kreme Legacy Skin: Employee Wombats

View attachment 386745 View attachment 386746

This is basically just the Wombat siblings wearing the employee outfits (preferably wearing matching colors, maybe red shirt, green apron, and white hat for repping the company's colors). Some doughnut-themed visual effects accompany certain actions such as grabs and KOs. Just thought it'd look cute, and it'd be nice to represent the ever-important workers.
Sorry Im so late on this, but, I may have a few. I do like all the ideas AlteredBeast submitted, particularly those different PBS Kids themed Krispy Kreme Donuts and the Chocolate Fountain.

Legacy Skin:
Rainforest Cafe Body Cheeko

So far, Cheeko doesn't have a lot of alts, especially ones that majorly change his appearance, but I thought, why not give him parts of animals featured on the Rainforest Cafe logo? He could have a, Iguana torso, a Jaguar tail, Macaw Wings and maybe Crocodile legs.

Assist:
Hippopotamus

An animal found exclusively at the Opry Mills location in Nashville, TN. Why it's exclusive to that location, I'm really not sure. Function-wise, it can serve as a bounce pad for the fighter it's assisting and launch opponents upward!
Alright, so I will close the Sponsorship Pack jobs. Most of my Sponsorship Pack content will get in. However, we have to vote on the Rainforest Cafe Legacy Skin, the non-food item for Rainforest Cafe and the Krispy Kreme Legacy Skin. Please vote in the Strawpolls below!

Rainforest Cafe Legacy Skin
King of The Rainforest Curious George AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Rainforest Cafe Body Cheeko PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Rainforest Cafe Non-Food Item
Swinging Toucan AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Hippopotamus PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Krispy Kreme Legacy Skin
Doughnut Aficionado Digit AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Employee Wombats Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Also, for fun, I am including a poll regarding the LEGO Duplo website games based on the Thomas and Friends sets as well as some new LEGO Duplo website games based on the Bob the Builder sets as well as joining the Archives back when LEGO Duplo was a sponsor.

LEGO Duplo Website Games in Archives

Now...it's time for the big pack, the JumpStart Games Super Sponsor Pack!

Job 408:

Well....the moment is finally here! We are starting to do content for the JumpStart Games Super Sponsor Pack! Thanks to JumpStart Games, they are giving us a super big sum of money for the prize pool for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit this year alongside a fun crossover game starring a cast of PBS Kids characters crossing over with their characters. To start off, please submit 4 Legacy Skins based on JumpStart's cast of characters to give to the Brawltime fighters! It's similar to the Legacy Skins we did for Ty Rux based on the Sprout/Universal Kids characters where the characters simply cosplay as the characters. Describe each Legacy Skin and its special qualities.

The characters you CANNOT submit Legacy Skins for in terms of JumpStart are...

• Mr. Rogers
  • Arthur
  • Buster
  • Barney
  • WordGirl
  • Lionel
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Ord
  • Bob the Builder
  • Super Why

All these characters received Legacy Skins in a Sponsorship Pack. I will allow submissions for Curious George, Cheeko, Digit, and the Wombats given we still need to vote on the Legacy Skins for Rainforest Cafe and Krispy Kreme. I will also note that the characters that do get Legacy Skins will play a role in the crossover game JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker & Polly! The top 4 Legacy Skins will get into the JumpStart Super Sponsor pack! Get submitting and use your imagination!

JumpStart Legacy Skins

Dash/Dot as JumpStart Mascot Frankie

Ad1a-frankie-cheer.png

I'm still very surprised Dash has not received much Legacy Skins recently and it's the PERFECT opportunity to get one for him as he will be cosplaying as the JumpStart mascot himself, Frankie! Dash alongside Dot gains Frankie's JumpStart shirt with the letters J and S on it alongside gaining dog ears and a dog nose. Every time you get a KO on another fighter while sporting this skin, Frankie appears in the background cheering you on with his megaphone and waving the flag telling you that you are #1! An overall important skin given I think Dash and Dot should be in the crossover game and it's a mascot crossover skin!

Mad for Revenge Hacker as Polly Sparks

sddefault.jpg

Based on Cyborg Sun's crossover game idea, this was another obvious Legacy Skin I had to do. Hacker gains Polly's lab coat, her glasses and his hair turns blonde! Simply put it, each of Hacker's attacks showcases off something from Polly's lab. Alongside this, if you KO another fighter while sporting this skin, Polly will appear in the background and say one of her evil quotes helping you let evil rule the battle!

Top Detective Ms. Frizzle as Jo Hammet

Jo_hammet_skateboard_nobg.png

Ok...a bit of an out there skin but this time, we have Ms. Frizzle becoming the top tomboyish detective from JumpStart Adventures 5th Grade: Jo Hammet: Kid Detective herself, Jo Hammet! Ms. Frizzle wears Jo's outfit and her sunglasses. Every time you get a cool combo or KO, Jo comes out and does some cool skateboarding tricks to celebrate her new friend, Ms. Frizzle! How cool!

Haunted Digit as Flap

mqdefault.jpg

Another fun Legacy Skin idea I have but Digit gains the appearance of Flap. Plus, if Hacker is in the JumpStart/PBS Kids crossover game, why can't Digit be in it as well? For Digit's Neutral Special, the numbers are replaced by spooky scary things seen in Flap's JumpStart game, JumpStart 4th Grade Adventures: Haunted Island! If you get a KO on another fighter, Flap will appear in the background hanging upside down singing Old MacDonald as a fun little Easter Egg. An overall fun Legacy Skin.

Honestly...I want to write eventually the reveal of JumpStart being the Super Sponsor. Hypothetically, it would be at the end of the Year 3 PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Announcement video for sure.

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
I actually really like these ideas for the Legacy skins already, so I have nothing more to add here! I do kinda wish I could get a Hopsalot costume in for Buster but oh well. I generally like that most of these are from the "Adventures" games for older kids, I think that's more fitting for a platform fighter. (Side note, I know someone in the fandom who'd especially like that Flap costume!)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will leave the Legacy Skin job open till tomorrow or Monday but it's looking likely my Legacy Skins will get in for the JumpStart Super Sponsor pack. Alongside this, the Strawpolls will remain open until tomorrow morning so get your votes in.

For now, I will open up the next set of jobs being about stage reskins, a new stage, and assists in the interest of time.

Job 409:

Submit up to two stage reskins based on locations from the JumpStart games.

As for reskins, the stages you CANNOT reskin are:

• PTV Park
  • The Tower of Learning
  • Land of Make-Believe
  • Once Upon a Restaurant
  • Zobooland
These stages already received reskins in other Sponsorship packs.

Job 410:

Submit an original stage based on a location that will be seen in JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly.

Job 411:

Submit up to two assists based on an original character or thing seen in the JumpStart games. Describe each assist's function and what they do. Both JumpStart characters and/or things chosen to be assists will play a role in JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Stage Reskins

Cyberspace as JumpStartville

ezgif-7-f00e2b812a.jpg

Ironic as we are reskinning a stage that's the homestage of the main villain in JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly, I thought a nice, traveling stage reskin based around JumpStartville could be fun. The location is changed but the layout is still the same. Various JumpStartville locations appear as well as the various JumpStart mascots will appear as well when you pass by them. It's still going to be a competitively legal stage as after all, it's the same layout as the Cyberspace stage given its a reskin!

Tickle Me Land as Hooverville

ezgif-2-93f10a016a.jpg

Getting the reskin of the Tickle Me Land stage, we get the Hooverville stage. Each time the layout changes, Hooverville change its appearances based on time of day and its appearance in the JumpStart games JumpStart Adventures 5th Grade: Jo Hammet: Kid Detective and JumpStart Adventure Challenge. See if you can spot all the locations in the city as they are all visible. In the background, you will see Jo Hammet finding clues for the mystery about a bad crime Dr. X did so you can witness her solving the mystery!

Original Stage

Mystery Mountain Showdown

ezgif-4-50613b686a.jpg

Mystery Mountain was originally seen in JumpStart 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain. But...there's a twist here, the Mystery Mountain seems to have guests! This is another traveling stage with a ton of hazards and even has you completing educational games to stop Hacker and Polly. You will play games while traveling through the floors via the tram featuring characters such as Dash and Dot, Flap, Frankie, Digit, Ms. Frizzle, Jo Hammet, Hopsalot, Arthur, etc.) If you complete the game successfully, you get a really handy item to help you! But...watch out, Polly and Hacker will use their robots on you to attack you and thwart your progress throughout the games...and they can give you some MASSIVE damage so watch out! You will get to the top where Polly and Hacker are after traveling the floors and they will summon more powerful robots to attack you. Be the first to defeat them and you get a MASSIVE stat buff for a short time! An overall, fun traveling stage that cycles through the various minigames you will see in JiumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly.

JumpStart Assists

Frankie

Ad1a-frankie-cheer.png

He's the mascot of the whole JumpStart brand so it makes sense for him to get an assist after all. When he is summoned, Frankie is here to support your learning and help you rise to the top of the charts. Throughout the battle, he will cheer you on and give you stat buffs, just small ones that do not last long. However...periodically, he will give you questions based on different subjects for different grade levels ranging from preschool-level knowledge up to sixth grade. As you go up....the buffs get higher and last for longer. Get an answer wrong and you drop a grade level. When the assist meter is full, Frankie will give you more stat buffs as well as eliminate wrong answers from questions to help you rise through the charts faster in learning. I based my assist function based off of Cyborg Sun's idea for a gimmick he had in mind for Frankie if he were to join a Smash game.

Hopsalot

ezgif-7-5e1fb48a1b.png

Based on what Cyborg Sun said about an idea for Buster getting a Legacy Skin based on Hopsalot...why doesn't the JumpStart rabbit himself become an assist right here in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Hopsalot will observe the battle and create something specifically for what you need whether you need to be healed, need a stronger item, need stronger stats, etc. and invent something. At first, he will invent weaker functioning items and such. But...when your assist meter gets full, he will give you more powerful items based on what you need. He's a bit like the other inventor assists but he knows what you need as the game's code will tell him what to make. He simply is a really, unique assist ready to help out at the Brawltime party!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow, looks like you saw the link in my signature. It's nice that you repurposed an old idea I had here for the Frankie assist, I'd almost forgotten about that old "for Smash" thread I made for him.

Stages are good choices, no other ideas there. For the Hopsalot assist, I'd prefer if his design is the Advanced one, the one from the World series is a bit too "nerd emoji" to me lol.

Adv Hops.png

(If Nature Cat is made playable, then maybe there could be an event match of him and the Daisy assist going up against Frankie-Dash and Hops...)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so all my stage ideas and assists will be added. As for Hopsalot, I feel we will go with his appearance from the Advanced games. As for the Legacy Skins for JumpStart, mine will get in. For the other Sponsorship Packs, my Legacy Skin for Curious George alongside my toucan item will join the Rainforest Cafe pack. Also, for Krispy Kreme, the Employee Wombats Legacy Skin will join that pack so congrats to me and Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for sure! Also, we will be adding the LEGO Duplo website games to the Archives as those would hypothetically come with the update back during Year 1 of the Championship Circuit!

Now, onto items and other PBS Kids Archives/miscellaneous content!

Job 412:

Submit up to 3 items based on a character or thing seen in the JumpStart games. Alongside this, one of the items must be a character or thing seen in JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly! Describe each item and what it does.

Job 413:

Submit up to 3 JumpStart games based on the cast of JumpStart characters to join the PBS Kids Archives and any other additions based on Knowledge Adventure Inc. games that are based on PBS Kids shows represented in PBS Kids Brawltime! Also, submit any miscellaneous content you want in modes like the Photo Album and such.

JumpStart Items

Haunted Yearbook

hqdefault.jpg

This spooky yearbook from JumpStart Adventures 4th Grade: Haunted Island brings some frights to the Brawltime Party! When a fighter picks up the book, you can open it by holding the Special button to summon the voices of the monstrous classmates as monsters. Once you have fully opened it, the monster classmates will come out and storm the battlefield and help you out. They will attack your opponents, play haunted music to reverse their controls and occasionally turn off the lights to give some real nightmares! An overall fun item.

Botley

hq720.jpg

As first seen in JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain and he will be seen in JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly...Botley comes as a companion on the battlefield. However, he is a multi-part item as you will need to collect all his robot pieces to build him. It's like the multi-part items from the Smash series like the Dragoon. He can only appear once in a match and if you get attacked while holding one of his parts, it goes back on the battlefield. Once you have all of the parts...you assemble Botley and he will assist you by using his flying abilities to help you recover if you are very offstage or even surf waves to damage your opponents! A super handy item that is very risk and reward-based.

Hopsalot's Blocks

ezgif-6-935c2235a8.jpg

As seen in JumpStart Kindergarten, Hopsalot has some blocks he wants you to put in the right alphabetical or numerical order. There will be about 3 to 4 blocks that spawn onto the battlefield at once. Once you get them in the right order, a jack-in-the-box clown will pop out of one of the blocks. If you are above that block...you'll be sprung away to the top blastzone of a stage. It is also important to note if a block is in the correct place, a smiley face will appear beneath it like in JumpStart Kindergarten.

PBS Kids Archives JumpStart Games

JumpStart Advanced 1st Grade

610Y8CQH0RL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain

s-l225.jpg

JumpStart Kindergarten (you can choose between the 1994 and 1997 versions of the game)

s-l225.jpg
ezgif-7-62f11e7a7d.jpg

All three games chosen are based on the JumpStart mascots seen most prevalently throughout the content in the JumpStart Games Super Sponsor Pack. I did feel for the JumpStart Kindergarten game, you can toggle between both the 1994 and 1997 game. As for the 1st grade game, you get the Advanced version and JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain was an obvious inclusion given that game is the basis for the JumpStart and PBS Kids crossover game. However, you will need to unlock these games as well as the demo for JumpStart x PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly by completing the two event matches that will come with this pack which we will get to soon. Speaking of the crossover...

JumpStart x PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly will appear in the PBS Kids Archives too but it's only a short demo of the first 2 levels. This is to get consumers to buy the game so there could be potential interest in reviving JumpStart more.

As for other content....

Teletubbies 2: Favorite Games (PC)

51DMD2YfF8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Curious George: Downtown Adventure (PC)

51KEVZ9W7EL._AC_.jpg

JumpStart Preschool: Who Left the Juice in The Caboose?

JumpStart Jukebox

A compilation of JumpStart commercials and ads for the various games.

The prequel episode to JumpStart X PBS Kids: The Revenge of Hacker and Polly

As another treat, you get 2 Knowledge Adventure/JumpStart Games video games based on PBS Kids IPs being Teletubbies 2: Favorite Games and Curious George: Downtown Adventure (which shows George's time before he joined the PBS Kids family of shows) which will come as default and not needed to be unlocked. You also get some JumpStart VHS adventures of the 2 VHS tapes...JumpStart Preschool: Who Left the Juice in The Caboose and the JumpStart Jukebox VHS but you will have to unlock those. Same with the JumpStart commercial and ad compilation and the prequel episode to JumpStart X PBS Kids: The Revenge of Hacker and Polly (which we will do a job about shortly regarding the plot of the prequel episode and such).

As for other goodies....

Photo Album Additions:

• Pictures of JumpStart characters, concept art from the games, the JumpStart content in PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • Concept art for JumpStart X PBS Kids: The Revenge of Hacker and Polly
  • A fun picture of the cast of JumpStart X PBS Kids: The Revenge of Hacker and Polly

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Nice choices for everything... funny thing about that particular source you used for the Preschool VHS, it comes from the YouTube channel "JumpStart Archive." Do you know who runs it? 😉

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will still leave open any submissions people want to add to the PBS Kids Archives and Photo Album regarding any JumpStart content. Now, onward to some Event Matches, any other cool tie-in promotional ideas and fighter prompt ideas for our second Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter!

Job 414:

Submit up to 2 Event Matches based around the JumpStart content that comes in the JumpStart Super Sponsor Pack. It can involve any of the items, the new stage, the Legacy Skins added, etc.

Job 415:

Submit any other additions you want to add to the PBS Kids Archives and Photo Album alongside any fun tie-in promotional ideas you have for JumpStart being a PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Super Sponsor!

Alongside this....submit an idea for a plot for the prequel episode for JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly to REALLY promote the game.

Job 416:

Submit a fighter prompt idea for our 2nd Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter! Remember, the third fighter of Learner's Pass Vol. 2 will be the first guest fighter of the second Learner's Pass. So...please keep that in mind regarding what ideas you have for the second Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter. Keep the idea specific but not too specific. Be creative.

Event Matches that come in JumpStart Super Sponsor Pack

Event #Extra01: Hospalot's Block Challenge
Event description:
Hopsalot has a fun game for you to play. Try sorting out his blocks in the right order and fling these fighters away with your knowledge. Then, you can really show yourself how learning can rise you to the top of the charts!
Player: Choice
Assist: Hopsalot
Stage: Mr's Jenkins's Classroom
Opponent(s): Dash (in Frankie Legacy Skin), Hacker (in Polly Legacy Skin), Ms. Frizzle (in Jo Hammet Legacy Skin), Digit (in Flap Legacy Skin)
Event objective: Basically, you have to KO your opponents by using the Hopsalot's Blocks items. If you KO the fighters in any other way, they will respawn. However...the fighters will typically jump once in a while giving you a better chance to KO them on occasion so you have to strategize when to KO them. If you get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match.
References: The Blocks activity in JumpStart Kindergarten. Also, your opponents are references to the Legacy Skins that come in the pack as well to the various mascots in other JumpStart games.

Event #Extra02: The Mystery Mountain Showdown
Event description:
Hacker has seemingly found a portal in Cyberspace that made him get in contact with the world of JumpStart and thus...collided the JumpStart and PBS Kids worlds. Together, they brought together everyone to Mystery Mountain. You must stop Hacker and Polly from causing trouble...Otherwise, the JumpStart and PBS Kids worlds will be doomed! You must prove your learning skills can save the multiverses forever!
Player: Dash (in Frankie Legacy Skin)
Assist: Frankie
Allies: Ms. Frizzle (in Jo Hammet Legacy Skin), Digit (in Flap Legacy Skin)
Allies' Assists: Hopsalot (for Digit)
Stage: Mystery Mountain Showdown
Opponent(s): Polly and Hacker's robot minions x10 per section, a stronger Hacker (in Polly Legacy Skin) (Hacker will appear in final section of stage after fighting all robots in the sections)
Event objective: Basically, you have to complete all the JumpStart minigames in the stage as well as fight off all the robot minions in all the sections. Then, you must defeat Hacker. If you get KOd, self-destruct, or complete any of the minigames soon enough, you fail the event match.
References: The JumpStart X PBS Kids crossover game, JumpStart X PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly as well as the characters in the event match are characters who will be in the game.

Tie-In Promotional Stuff:

I was considering giving JumpStart some form of a fun sponsorship ad based on the late 90s/early 2000s commercials to add to the PBS Kids Archives as well as even having more JumpStart products out on the market....

For example, a whole JumpStart collection with all the past JumpStart games would be nice and such with even some goodies like an art book, a poster with the JumpStart mascots, etc.

Alongside this...buying the JumpStart Collection can give you some coupons and goodies for PBS Kids: Brawltime! such as getting a good deal off of paying less for the game and the DLC. What a deal for sure!

JumpStart 3D Virtual World will come back too and...your avatar can get PBS Kids-themed wardrobe for that fun promotion!

Now, for the episode:

The plot would simply be that Hacker is busy hacking and then creates some strange portal to the JumpStart world where he will turn into a JumpStart character with the old graphics and meets Polly who likes robots. We see the two talking and then they come up with an evil plan to take over both of their worlds. This then cuts to seeing the other PBS Kids characters and JumpStart mascots being sucked into this portal and then...it ends on that cliffhanger. Not much to add but if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears :).

Fighter Prompt for 2nd Learner's Pass Vol. 2 Fighter

Submit a fighter from a PBS Kids series that debuted in 2010-present, this also includes characters from upcoming PBS Kids shows.

I thought I would extend this further but...given that the third Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter will be our first guest fighter for the second Learners Pass, I thought why not go back to a fighter prompt we did a LONG time ago and represent more modern PBS Kids as the 2010s are especially underrepresented. I feel this makes a good balance in our Learner's Pass between two big names, the first fighter Curious George, and the third fighter who will be a guest character.

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
So I've got no event matches, but I do have some things for the PBS Kids archive, but I am sooooooooo late on this

Jumpstart Around the World: Field Trip Adventure (Pre-2)

Go on a trip around the world with the help of your travel agent, Brady Bear! Essentially, you use travel tokens to pay for transportation, which all lead to some fun arcade games in order to travel to different destinations and win prizes for your scrapbook. You start every trip with 10 travel tokens, and you have to play a PAC-MAN style game where you play as Brady Bear eating honeycombs to get more travel tokens. If there's any improvements I'd make to this, I'd make it so that you don't lose the travel tokens you spent if you fail a certain transportation mini-game and making the Brady Bear PAC-MAN game more fun and less of a long chore to get more travel tokens, and just more polish to the physics of some mini-games, such as the hot air balloon game dragging out for too long and the boat game having obstacles that travel fast while your boat travels slowly.

Jumpstart Adventure Challenge Advance Far Out Field Trips

Jumpstart Study Helpers: Spelling Bee

Curious George Reads, Writes and Spells

Curious George Learns Phonics

As for my Fighter Prompt for 2nd Learner's Pass Vol. 2 Fighter, I WAS going to submit a character job having to submit a female character, but AlteredBeast's is good enough for me, we could REALLY use some more modern PBS Kids representation.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
I second using that prompt, especially since that would mean I get to submit Nature Cat there!

The JumpStart Collection you proposed is also similar to the JumpStart Legacy concept I made a long time ago, check it out! You could even use that instead if you wish.

I would also like add "Why Did The Bus Stop?" to the Archives, may as well complete the trio of VHS videos, plus both that and the Preschool one advertise each other, so it would suck to only have one of them anyhow. And for the Photo Album, I'd love if there could be "cutting room floor" pics for cut content from certain JumpStart Games, such as the Desert Habitat in Animal Adventures.

For the promotional episode, I wanna offer my own take on it. And for context, I'm treating both universes as amalgamations of the catalogues of their respective companies, similar to how the "Capcom Universe" is treated in the MvC series:

Within his dark layer in the Northern Frontier, the Hacker grumbles. Once again, that pesky CyberSquad has foiled his plans to usurp the Motherboard and take over all of Cyberspace. Though he hated to admit it, ALL of his plans had gone bust at the hands of those blasted human children and their trusted ally Digit. And yet, even someone as wicked as him can have glimmers of hope, as Hacker had sent his minions Buzz & Delete to investigate a mysterious signal, one that seemed to be calling out to his devices.

Meanwhile, in another world, the bratty Polly Sparks was doing everything she could to tamper with the systems within the base in which she and her father lived, Mystery Mountain. That meddling Botley, whom her father built to keep her in check, had ruined her fun for long enough, and she thirsted for revenge. In Polly's desperation, she discovered hidden protocols within the base's systems to contact an unknown world. Not caring of the consequences, she used these to send a signal, hoping someone would answer her call.

Though it took a while, Hacker's bumbling minions had actually managed to succeed in pinpointing the signal, answering the call. Both Hacker and Polly were shocked & astounded; they were communicating between dimensions! The introductions began rather rudely at first, but both soon realized that they could use each other to finally defeat their respective enemies. They quickly got to work devising an ultimate plan, one that could crush all opposition in their pursuits of world domination.

But this communication between worlds was unstable, and it was soon detected by Digit and Botley. The conversations between Hacker and Polly had unwittingly given the two an easy backdoor into replicating this cross-dimensional signal. Becoming fast friends, the two cyborgs knew that a villainous alliance of these two geniuses could only mean trouble for the multiverse. They agreed to gather an alliance of their own, with Digit encouraging the rest of the CyberSquad to gather allies from the "real world," while Botley contacts both the Spy Masters and the JumpStart Intelligence Agency.

The episode then cuts to a montage of sorts to other protagonist characters who would eventually become part of the grander team, quickly conveying cool moments with them, fun interactions, and establishing their roles in stopping these masterminds of evil. The episode ends on a cliffhanger with Hacker and Polly discovering the existence of the heroic alliance, who send in their new robotic armies to confront them for the first time...

Throughout the episode, there would also be many background easter eggs to hint at unlockable characters who would appear later in the main game's story.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
PBS Kids Archives JumpStart Games

View attachment 386915

View attachment 386916

JumpStart Kindergarten (you can choose between the 1994 and 1997 versions of the game)

View attachment 386917View attachment 386918

All three games chosen are based on the JumpStart mascots seen most prevalently throughout the content in the JumpStart Games Super Sponsor Pack. I did feel for the JumpStart Kindergarten game, you can toggle between both the 1994 and 1997 game. As for the 1st grade game, you get the Advanced version and JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain was an obvious inclusion given that game is the basis for the JumpStart and PBS Kids crossover game. However, you will need to unlock these games as well as the demo for JumpStart x PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly by completing the two event matches that will come with this pack which we will get to soon. Speaking of the crossover...

JumpStart x PBS Kids: Revenge of Hacker and Polly will appear in the PBS Kids Archives too but it's only a short demo of the first 2 levels. This is to get consumers to buy the game so there could be potential interest in reviving JumpStart more.

As for other content....

Teletubbies 2: Favorite Games (PC)

View attachment 386919

View attachment 386920

JumpStart Preschool: Who Left the Juice in The Caboose?

JumpStart Jukebox

A compilation of JumpStart commercials and ads for the various games.

The prequel episode to JumpStart X PBS Kids: The Revenge of Hacker and Polly

As another treat, you get 2 Knowledge Adventure/JumpStart Games video games based on PBS Kids IPs being Teletubbies 2: Favorite Games and Curious George: Downtown Adventure (which shows George's time before he joined the PBS Kids family of shows) which will come as default and not needed to be unlocked. You also get some JumpStart VHS adventures of the 2 VHS tapes...JumpStart Preschool: Who Left the Juice in The Caboose and the JumpStart Jukebox VHS but you will have to unlock those. Same with the JumpStart commercial and ad compilation and the prequel episode to JumpStart X PBS Kids: The Revenge of Hacker and Polly (which we will do a job about shortly regarding the plot of the prequel episode and such).

As for other goodies....

Photo Album Additions:

• Pictures of JumpStart characters, concept art from the games, the JumpStart content in PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • Concept art for JumpStart X PBS Kids: The Revenge of Hacker and Polly
  • A fun picture of the cast of JumpStart X PBS Kids: The Revenge of Hacker and Polly
So I've got no event matches, but I do have some things for the PBS Kids archive, but I am sooooooooo late on this

Go on a trip around the world with the help of your travel agent, Brady Bear! Essentially, you use travel tokens to pay for transportation, which all lead to some fun arcade games in order to travel to different destinations and win prizes for your scrapbook. You start every trip with 10 travel tokens, and you have to play a PAC-MAN style game where you play as Brady Bear eating honeycombs to get more travel tokens. If there's any improvements I'd make to this, I'd make it so that you don't lose the travel tokens you spent if you fail a certain transportation mini-game and making the Brady Bear PAC-MAN game more fun and less of a long chore to get more travel tokens, and just more polish to the physics of some mini-games, such as the hot air balloon game dragging out for too long and the boat game having obstacles that travel fast while your boat travels slowly.

As for my Fighter Prompt for 2nd Learner's Pass Vol. 2 Fighter, I WAS going to submit a character job having to submit a female character, but AlteredBeast's is good enough for me, we could REALLY use some more modern PBS Kids representation.
Alright, I'll close all the JumpStart jobs. I also feel another big product that will come out is the Knowledge Games Collection, a whole retro collection of the licensed Knowledge Adventure games. Some of the games included would be the two Teletubbies games and the Curious George games and such. But, as for other stuff, I really love the idea Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun posed regarding cutting room floor content in the Photo Album and his plot for the prequel episode so those will be added. We will also add the other JumpStart VHS to complete the trio of JumpStart VHSs just for completionist's sake. Alongside this, my event matches will be added.

We will need to vote on JumpStart Games. Vote for your top 3 and you can put your own in first.

My Teletubbies game will be added but we need to vote on a Curious George game. Please vote on one in the Strawpoll below!

Curious George JumpStart Game Poll

Now, whenever Pop is ready...it's time for our second Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter!

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
My 3 choices for the JS Games vote are everything AlteredBeast suggested.

With the JumpStart content close to being fully decided on, I just wanted to say I'm grateful to have been given an opportunity to include an edutainment series I'm very fond of to this game concept, it means a lot to me. If you guys want, you can head to the JumpStart Wiki and join the JumpStartville Discord. We're quite welcoming (I mean it!) and you can show off this concept over there!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain
2. Jumpstart Adventure Challenge Advance Far Out Field Trips
3. JumpStart Kindergarten

Alright, so now that it's the time.......

Job 417: As we move closer to the end of DLC for PBS Kids Brawltime!......(Actually, not THAT close, but I still feel like it's close nonetheless), it's now time to give our 2nd DLC Fighter that time to finally come over! For this one, you are to submit a character from a PBS Kids show that debuted in 2010-present. This is particularly a very exciting one, because we are getting to have some added modern PBS representatio0n to PBS Kids Brawltime. You can even submit characters from upcoming PBS Kids Shows! Like with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:

Pinkalicious Pinkerton and Peter Pinkerton

Meet the little girl who loves the color pink, art, being very imaginative and being very creative. Her brother, Peter on the other hand, loves being active all the time. For many years on the PBS Kids channel, the imaginative siblings as well as all their friends have taught kids to be imaginative and creative and making very unique art!

I'm just honestly surprised we have barely any representation of her show yet! We have her wand as an item, but that's it. I think it would be nice to finally give her that time in the spotlight.

For her playstyle, I envision it similar to Peach or Daisy, but in a way that Pinkalicious is using her imagination to do certain moves or to handle certain situations in very creative ways. With enough imagination, anything can happen if you just put all your heart and mind into it!

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Time to submit for the next DLC Fighter, and while there were many worthy candidates, I can only choose one. So after much thought, I've actually decided to submit Elin- wait, what's this on the floor?

Oh, sorry guys, but it looks like I got invited for a free nature tour of Alaska! Oh, I've always wanted to go on something like this! Sorry guys, but forget submitting for this silly thread, I'm outta here!!!

Is that guy gone? Phew, alright guys, the coast is clear! With him out of the way, the door is open for my submission... myself!!!

...What do you mean you don't know who I am!? Oh, right, I need to paste a picture here... maybe this will jog your memory.
TALLLY HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg

I am Nature Cat, from the hit PBS series, uh, Nature Cat! In these delightful animated escapades, me and my group of friends explore the wonders of nature, learning new, important, and interesting facts about it! I'm telling you, these writers outdo their job every time, these shows are JAMPACKED with pop culture references that are sure to leave the parents rolling on the floor just as much as the kiddos!

Okay, sure, maybe we do break your precious fourth wall a bit too much, but in the ring of battle, I can use this to pull off attacks never thought possible! My agent's telling me to remind you guys of Deadpool from one of the Marvel Vs. Capcom games... man, remember those games? They were great... Oh, anyways, everything I've learned about nature will, of course, also come in handy, but I'm also told that the fellow this Cyborg fellow wanted to submit could also have some kind of nature gimmick. But, if I implement my Nature Curiosity List, I could introduce... oh, drat, I've also just been informed that George just did something like that for his moveset...

...Well, if nothing else works then I'll have to resort to some good old fashioned pathos... please, I implore you to choose me!!! My friend Daisy got an assist slot, and we miss her dearly!!! Oh please, won't art thou invite us to your fun crossover competition?!? My other friends Hal and Squeeks would also make such great assists!!!

ahem Anyhow, that's my submission! A vote for me is a vote for all of nature! Oh, and for educational television with great humor! As I say in my show, Onward and Yonward!!!

Oh, and apologies to whoever Cyborg Sun was going to submit. From what I'm hearing, they were also a fine nature lover such as myself, but when roster space is limited, you need to resort to all your trickiest abilities to get to the top, and mine just so happened to be the ability to manipulate the fourth wall. Tally Ho!

(That vlogger girl I payed better do a good job of keeping Cyborg busy...)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. JumpStart Advanced Challenge Advance Far Out Field Trips
2. JumpStart Advanced: 3rd Grade Mystery Mountain
3. JumpStart Advanced: 1st Grade

Luna (Let’s Go Luna)

IMG_2402.jpeg

Ok, I know she’s been submitted for a WHILE back by some people by Wa3 but I’m REALLY surprised her show has not gotten any representation just yet. Basically, Let’s Go Luna is a PBS Kids show that teaches kids about international cultures and such. The show had its initial run from 2018 to 2022 and was made by the same guy who made Rocko’s Modern Life and the show is also a tribute to kaiju movies.

I feel Luna should join as we are still lacking in female reps as well and we are still lacking in heavyweight fighters (I know we have Ty Rux but he’s a REALLY BIG fighter compared to being a regular heavyweight). Also, I love the show’s animation style as it’s reminiscent of Rocko’s Modern Life and Camp Lazlo and such (since the show was made by the same creator. Finally, I have actually seen an episode of this show and I love it to be honest.

As for her gimmick:

Moon Phases

Or

Cultural Aficiando

In terms of how she would fight, I can envision her moveset consisting of dancing and references to countries she’s been to. But, she can maybe have an original gimmick based on moon phases where if she lands attacks right, she illuminates more causing a minor stat buff. Or, she can get a Shulk Monado-esque gimmick causing different cultures and countries she’s been to causing different modes like Mexico for strength, the UK for defense, etc. We can also go for another carpoeira-esque gimmick due to Luna loving dancing. Overall, she would be a really fun pick.

Here are some more franchises eligible for fighters!
  • Peg & Cat
  • The Cat in The Hat Knows a Lot About That
  • Elinor Wonders Why
  • Weather Hunters
  • Hero Elementary
  • Ready Jet Go!

Basically, ANYTHING that debuted on PBS Kids from 2010- present and this ALSO includes upcoming shows. Also, I will have to add there will be other 2010s show coming with this character’s pack as there will be one stage, one assist and one item reserved for some more 2010s representation! I hope these ideas gave you something to think about!

Last edited:

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why)

Cute bunny girl

While she indeed has been submitted numerous times in the past by various users, I indeed think she's be a good fit for this game, being one of the faster and more agile fighters in the roster, and she could have a curiosity-themed gimmick, assuming it hasn't been done before.

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
Jet Propulsion (Ready, Jet, Go!)

From 2016 to 2019, he along with several other friends down on Earth have taught kids about science and mainly astronomy. Interestingly, his show was produced in cooperation with NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab, which makes learning about astronomy from Jet all the more credible. I should also note that his show shared the same creator as Hey! Arnold and Dinosaur Train, another PBS Kids show.

I somehow envision him playing like Jimmy Neutron in NASB2, focusing on using jetpacks and rocket boosts to keep moving all over the stage, while also being relatively lightweight.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain
2. Jumpstart Adventure Challenge Advance Far Out Field Trips
3. JumpStart Kindergarten

Alright, so now that it's the time.......

Job 417: As we move closer to the end of DLC for PBS Kids Brawltime!......(Actually, not THAT close, but I still feel like it's close nonetheless), it's now time to give our 2nd DLC Fighter that time to finally come over! For this one, you are to submit a character from a PBS Kids show that debuted in 2010-present. This is particularly a very exciting one, because we are getting to have some added modern PBS representatio0n to PBS Kids Brawltime. You can even submit characters from upcoming PBS Kids Shows! Like with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:

Pinkalicious Pinkerton and Peter Pinkerton

Meet the little girl who loves the color pink, art, being very imaginative and being very creative. Her brother, Peter on the other hand, loves being active all the time. For many years on the PBS Kids channel, the imaginative siblings as well as all their friends have taught kids to be imaginative and creative and making very unique art!

I'm just honestly surprised we have barely any representation of her show yet! We have her wand as an item, but that's it. I think it would be nice to finally give her that time in the spotlight.

For her playstyle, I envision it similar to Peach or Daisy, but in a way that Pinkalicious is using her imagination to do certain moves or to handle certain situations in very creative ways. With enough imagination, anything can happen if you just put all your heart and mind into it!
Time to submit for the next DLC Fighter, and while there were many worthy candidates, I can only choose one. So after much thought, I've actually decided to submit Elin- wait, what's this on the floor?

Oh, sorry guys, but it looks like I got invited for a free nature tour of Alaska! Oh, I've always wanted to go on something like this! Sorry guys, but forget submitting for this silly thread, I'm outta here!!!

Is that guy gone? Phew, alright guys, the coast is clear! With him out of the way, the door is open for my submission... myself!!!

...What do you mean you don't know who I am!? Oh, right, I need to paste a picture here... maybe this will jog your memory.
View attachment 387040
I am Nature Cat, from the hit PBS series, uh, Nature Cat! In these delightful animated escapades, me and my group of friends explore the wonders of nature, learning new, important, and interesting facts about it! I'm telling you, these writers outdo their job every time, these shows are JAMPACKED with pop culture references that are sure to leave the parents rolling on the floor just as much as the kiddos!

Okay, sure, maybe we do break your precious fourth wall a bit too much, but in the ring of battle, I can use this to pull off attacks never thought possible! My agent's telling me to remind you guys of Deadpool from one of the Marvel Vs. Capcom games... man, remember those games? They were great... Oh, anyways, everything I've learned about nature will, of course, also come in handy, but I'm also told that the fellow this Cyborg fellow wanted to submit could also have some kind of nature gimmick. But, if I implement my Nature Curiosity List, I could introduce... oh, drat, I've also just been informed that George just did something like that for his moveset...

...Well, if nothing else works then I'll have to resort to some good old fashioned pathos... please, I implore you to choose me!!! My friend Daisy got an assist slot, and we miss her dearly!!! Oh please, won't art thou invite us to your fun crossover competition?!? My other friends Hal and Squeeks would also make such great assists!!!

ahem Anyhow, that's my submission! A vote for me is a vote for all of nature! Oh, and for educational television with great humor! As I say in my show, Onward and Yonward!!!

Oh, and apologies to whoever Cyborg Sun was going to submit. From what I'm hearing, they were also a fine nature lover such as myself, but when roster space is limited, you need to resort to all your trickiest abilities to get to the top, and mine just so happened to be the ability to manipulate the fourth wall. Tally Ho!

(That vlogger girl I payed better do a good job of keeping Cyborg busy...)
1. JumpStart Advanced Challenge Advance Far Out Field Trips
2. JumpStart Advanced: 3rd Grade Mystery Mountain
3. JumpStart Advanced: 1st Grade

Luna (Let’s Go Luna)

View attachment 387044

Ok, I know she’s been submitted for a WHILE back by some people by Wa3 but I’m REALLY surprised her show has not gotten any representation just yet. Basically, Let’s Go Luna is a PBS Kids show that teaches kids about international cultures and such. The show had its initial run from 2018 to 2022 and was made by the same guy who made Rocko’s Modern Life and the show is also a tribute to kaiju movies.

I feel Luna should join as we are still lacking in female reps as well and we are still lacking in heavyweight fighters (I know we have Ty Rux but he’s a REALLY BIG fighter compared to being a regular heavyweight). Also, I love the show’s animation style as it’s reminiscent of Rocko’s Modern Life and Camp Lazlo and such (since the show was made by the same creator. Finally, I have actually seen an episode of this show and I love it to be honest.

As for her gimmick:

Moon Phases

Or

Cultural Aficiando

In terms of how she would fight, I can envision her moveset consisting of dancing and references to countries she’s been to. But, she can maybe have an original gimmick based on moon phases where if she lands attacks right, she illuminates more causing a minor stat buff. Or, she can get a Shulk Monado-esque gimmick causing different cultures and countries she’s been to causing different modes like Mexico for strength, the UK for defense, etc. We can also go for another carpoeira-esque gimmick due to Luna loving dancing. Overall, she would be a really fun pick.

Here are some more franchises eligible for fighters!
  • Peg & Cat
  • The Cat in The Hat Knows a Lot About That
  • Elinor Wonders Why
  • Weather Hunters
  • Hero Elementary
  • Ready Jet Go!

Basically, ANYTHING that debuted on PBS Kids from 2010- present and this ALSO includes upcoming shows. Also, I will have to add there will be other 2010s show coming with this character’s pack as there will be one stage, one assist and one item reserved for some more 2010s representation! I hope these ideas gave you something to think about!

Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why)

Cute bunny girl

While she indeed has been submitted numerous times in the past by various users, I indeed think she's be a good fit for this game, being one of the faster and more agile fighters in the roster, and she could have a curiosity-themed gimmick, assuming it hasn't been done before.
Jet Propulsion (Ready, Jet, Go!)

From 2016 to 2019, he along with several other friends down on Earth have taught kids about science and mainly astronomy. Interestingly, his show was produced in cooperation with NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab, which makes learning about astronomy from Jet all the more credible. I should also note that his show shared the same creator as Hey! Arnold and Dinosaur Train, another PBS Kids show.

I somehow envision him playing like Jimmy Neutron in NASB2, focusing on using jetpacks and rocket boosts to keep moving all over the stage, while also being relatively lightweight.
Alright, character submission is closed. So for the JumpStart games, the 3 games that will be added to the PBS Kids Archives are JumpStart Kindergarten, JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain and JumpStart Kindergarten!

Congrats to me and Pop for getting our games in. Also, the Curious George game joining the Archives will be Downtown Adventure so yay to me again!

As a reminder for voting for the future, please rank your top 3 instead of saying "I vote for all of (user's username) games!" and not give a ranking so I can calculate it easier. Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Now, we need to vote on the second Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter. Vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own in second!

Pinkalicious Pinkerton and Peter Pinkerton (Pinkalicious and Peterrific) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick/quirk: Imagination-themed gimmick/Floatier Playstyle

Nature Cat Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Gimmick/quirk: Nature-themed gimmick

Luna (Let's Go Luna!) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick/quirk: Moon Phases/Cultural Aficiando (Monado-Arts-esque gimmick)

Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why) CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick/quirk: Agility-based gimmick/more expanded curiousity gimmick different than Curious George's

Jet Propulsion (Ready, Jet, Go!) IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick/quirk: Stage control gimmick with space theme

Now, for your next job...

Job 418:

Submit a stage prompt for a stage to come with the 2nd Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter. Remember, one of the four stages that will come with this fighter will be a stage based on another PBS Kids show that debuted from the 2010s-present so keep that in mind as you cannot submit that as your prompt. Keep your prompt specific but do not make it too vague or too specific! Leave room for creativity! Get submitting and voting and use your imagination!

1. Pinkalicious Pinkerton and Peter Pinkerton
2. Luna

As for my choices, I will have to admit, Pinkalicious and Peter seem to have the most unique gimmick given we do not have a character who could have an art-themed gimmick yet or imagination-themed gimmick. It could be a lot of fun to make a gimmick for the two of them. Self-vote for Luna for my second choice as I feel we need more female reps and I'm surprised her show has not gotten ANY representation in PBS Kids: Brawltime! yet. Great choices from everyone, regardless.

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on an animated Sesame Street segment or song.

An idea I had for a WHILE but all of our content for Sesame Street focuses on the live-action components of the show. Why not show love to the animated side of the show given there are a good amount of iconic animated segments like Global Thingy, Abby's Flying Fairy School, Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, The Alligator King, etc. A lot of potential here for fun ideas for stages and such!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Nature Cat
2. Elinor

Stage Job prompt:

Submit a SECOND stage for a modern PBS Kids show fighter from either launch or Learner's Pass vol. 1!

I mean, I assume that most, if not all, modern PBS Kids show characters only have one stage to go with them, but now it's time we give one of em' two!

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Presenting... Nature Cat's very own votes for the second fighter of the second Learner's Pass!!!

1. Elinor
2. Nature Cat

...What? The rules say that I can vote for myself, as long as I'm ranked second. But, I know Elinor is also a nature lover, and so adorable!!! It seems like Cyborg was going to submit her originally... gah, now I just feel bad about interrupting that submission! Tell you what, if I win, I will absolutely fight for Elinor to become an assist in future jobs! It's the least I can do for a fellow curious explorer such as myself. Oh, and don't forget about my natural (and hilarious!) ability to break the fourth wall as well. Not to brag, but that is a pretty unique gimmick I don't think anyone else here does...

Oh, I also have a stage prompt for that other job:

Submit a stage to tie into a proposed fighter who didn't get in.

This can be for any of the past fighter choice jobs! My network has such a vast variety of fun educational worlds... well, I guess a lot are already represented, but some proposed fighters simply aren't able to get in, and might not have compensation (gasp!). Well with this prompt, I shall change that!!! Well, if you all like this idea, at least.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on an animated Sesame Street segment or song.

An idea I had for a WHILE but all of our content for Sesame Street focuses on the live-action components of the show. Why not show love to the animated side of the show given there are a good amount of iconic animated segments like Global Thingy, Abby's Flying Fairy School, Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, The Alligator King, etc. A lot of potential here for fun ideas for stages and such!
1. Nature Cat
2. Elinor

Stage Job prompt:

Submit a SECOND stage for a modern PBS Kids show fighter from either launch or Learner's Pass vol. 1!

I mean, I assume that most, if not all, modern PBS Kids show characters only have one stage to go with them, but now it's time we give one of em' two!
Presenting... Nature Cat's very own votes for the second fighter of the second Learner's Pass!!!

1. Elinor
2. Nature Cat

...What? The rules say that I can vote for myself, as long as I'm ranked second. But, I know Elinor is also a nature lover, and so adorable!!! It seems like Cyborg was going to submit her originally... gah, now I just feel bad about interrupting that submission! Tell you what, if I win, I will absolutely fight for Elinor to become an assist in future jobs! It's the least I can do for a fellow curious explorer such as myself. Oh, and don't forget about my natural (and hilarious!) ability to break the fourth wall as well. Not to brag, but that is a pretty unique gimmick I don't think anyone else here does...

Oh, I also have a stage prompt for that other job:

Submit a stage to tie into a proposed fighter who didn't get in.

This can be for any of the past fighter choice jobs! My network has such a vast variety of fun educational worlds... well, I guess a lot are already represented, but some proposed fighters simply aren't able to get in, and might not have compensation (gasp!). Well with this prompt, I shall change that!!! Well, if you all like this idea, at least.
Alright...time to close voting and the stage prompt jobs. It's time to reveal the 2nd Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter!

Pinkalicious Pinkerton and Peter Pinkerton: 3
Nature Cat: 6
Luna: 3
Elinor: 3
Jet Propulsion: 0

It seems the feline with a love of nature also known as Fred with a group of animal friends and with a super, positive attitude, Nature Cat joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! as our 2nd Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter so congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for his awesome submission!

We will do a stage prompt elimination poll to eliminate one stage prompt. Please vote for the stage prompt you do NOT want to do. They are all good ideas but sadly, we only can allow two ideas.

Stage Prompt Elimination Poll
Submit a stage based on an animated Sesame Street segment or song. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a SECOND stage for a modern PBS Kids show fighter from either launch or Learner's Pass vol. 1! PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit a stage to tie into a proposed fighter who didn't get in. Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Now, onto our next wave of jobs!

Job 419:

Submit a homestage for Nature Cat. Describe its layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 420:

Submit an assist job prompt for an assist to come with Nature Cat.

Job 421:

Submit an item job prompt for an item to come with Nature Cat.

As for the prompts, please keep them specific but not too specific or vague. Be imaginative as usual! The top prompt will be chosen as we have two other assist and item jobs dedicated to Nature Cat as well as to another 2010s-present PBS Kids show.

Job 422:

Submit a moveset for Nature Cat. I have decided to open up moveset jobs earlier so we can get this thread moving a little faster. As what Cyborg said...Nature Cat will have a nature-themed gimmick of some kind or even a breaking-the-fourth-wall type of casual quirk to make him stand out.

Nature Cat Stage

Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures

9story-Nature-Cat-news-feat-9storyLicensesNatureCatToLatam.jpg

I envision this stage to be similar to the Prism Tower stage in the Smash games. You start in Fred's backyard and there are walkoffs. Various characters from Nature Cat appear in the background and such. The layount changes based on where you go to. The woods section makes you fight on the tops of trees. The marshes have walkoff blast zones and more swampy waters with some dangerous animals that can attack and KO you. The cave section has exploring a darker area with walkoffs and dripping water. Even some spooky animals will try and attack you! Finally, the mountain section is higher and you fight on the summit with a blizzard pushing you away. Then, you go back to Fred's backyard. Overall, you get to see some of the places Nature Cat and his friends went to.

Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment or song.

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment or song.

I'm going for a triple play here but we need some Sesame Street animated segment representation in PBS Kids: Brawltime! for sure. As said before, we are still lacking in it as all our Sesame Street content is based on the live-action component of the show.

I may submit a moveset for Nature Cat but I do not know too much about his show despite seeing like two episodes before of his show.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
THANK YOU, THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!! I am so honored to finally be part of this great event!!!

Oh, and uh, hey, Cyborg here. For real this time... yeah, I'm already tired of this whole fourth-wall-breaking roleplay thing I'm doing, but yeah, super happy to get Fred into the concept!

Oh, good, you've returned. I'll be honest, even I was a little worried for a moment there, heh heh. I didn't want to completely overtake your posts, after all... hey by the way, do you think writing me as someone who would use dirty tricks to get into the roster was a good call? Because I'm going to be real with you, what I did up there sounds more like something Ronald would do... And I have a brand image to maintain, you know!

Uh, don't worry about that, man. I just wanted a fun (if somewhat gimmicky) way to introduce you, something to hook people in... and hey, it worked didn't it? We can give you something a bit more in-character for the reveal trailer.

Hrm, fair enough. Well, I'll worry about that later, for now I have a competition to catch!!! Ha ha, nothing can stop us now- (gulp) I've gotta stop saying that... what's the strange, evil looking thing!?

Oh, that's just the Anomaly.

The, uh... the what now...? Is it... too late to cancel my appointment? I just uh, remembered Hal's birthday party and I'd hate to miss it, oh well, maybe that talking moon can handle-

Sadly, no, you can't cancel. Have fun my feline friend!~

Don't worry guys, he'll be fine. Especially with this moveset, which is the very first one I've developed for the game. I hope you guys like it, I think I came up with something a bit crazy here...

Nature Cat
Series: Nature Cat
First Appearance: Heartthrob Hamster/Astronuts (November 25, 2015)

Nature Cat.png

"Onward and yonward!!!" ~Nature Cat

When Fred's owners leave for the day, he becomes Nature Cat, backyard explorer extraordinaire! In his series, he and his friends are about the size of normal house pets, but since these characters are technically "actors" who are aware they are in a TV show, things have been manipulated so that Fred is instead of average size compared to normal human competitors. He's only slightly below average when it comes to weight, making him better at quick getaways but can also be launched a bit easier.

Gimmick:

Natural Explorer/Character Script Study

Well, in reality, Fred's actual natural instincts aren't all that great, however he is still learning! It's a bit like George's curiosity gimmick, but instead of gaining items, for Fred it's all about controlling the stage. With his neutral special (see below), he can observe the stage and learn how it works, and will be able to use that knowledge to his advantage. And, as a "secondary gimmick" of sorts, his down special is a more tongue-in-cheek fourth-wall break, providing a "character study" advantage as well...

Light Neutral: Claw Swipe

A cat swiping with claws? Yawn, kinda stereotypical, don't you think designers? Ah, but it's nothing precise or calculated... it's more like Fred's comically trying to swat a fly away or something. Opponents just so happen to be hit by the claws. I guess it is a bit creative after all...

Light Up: Squeeks' Uppercut

The small, fearless, and actually pretty strong mouse friend of Fred's appears to perform a small uppercut. It's not as strong as a true Dragon Punch, but trust us, she's just holding back. This is just a light attack, after all. By the way, there's a 5% chance she will appear in a Ryu costume and actually shout "Shoryuken!" in a bit-crunched voice filter when performing the attack, making it a bit stronger.

Light Down: Hal's Not-So-Big Dig

Fred's best friend Hal the dog appears and begins digging at the ground, kicking up dust. However, this dust only hits from behind Fred, making it a good tool to surprise opponents trying to sneak up on you.

Neutral Special: Environment Study/Environment Manipulation

Fred's main tool in the arena... is using the arena. He will enter an animation to look around the stage and admire his surroundings, however to fully understand the stage, he will need to do this for a good while. Luckily, you can cancel out of this animation any time (this studying will add to a meter). Once he has fully studied the stage, that's when the real fun begins. At any time for the rest of the match, he can use Neutral Special again to activate a specific gimmick of your choosing, or deactivate an active hazard to better defend yourself. What's more, he also receives less damage from hazards if he is accidentally hit by any that he activates. This activation is on a long cooldown, however, so time them wisely.

A note for more competitive stages with no hazards; using the mechanic in these stages will instead allow you to summon more generic nature-themed hazards that still cover a wide area like a "real" stage hazard.

Up Special: Stereotypical Vine Swing

Oh, you couldn't resist, could you? A good old fashioned vine swing that Fred does a lot, as do many other explorers like him... The swing is mainly a recovery and escape tool, able to latch on to both ledges and the ceiling (even if there's no roof!), the latter of which is good for quickly escaping a heated situation. As it's a really strong mobility tool as is, it deals no damage, so you can't grab others with the vine or anything.

Down Special: According To Script

This is the big fourth wall break move of his kit, and one that offers a secondary advantage. Fred will literally pull the game's script out of his pocket to read about his opponents. This doesn't take too long, and once he's finished... he can copy an opponent's Neutral Special! Kind of. It's a much weaker take on Kirby's copy abilities, with Fred performing a more flawed and humorous copy of said special. But they can still add a bit to his kit, and given how strong his other tools are, he needs something a bit lamer anyway. Much like the Neutral Special, he keeps the ability for the rest of the match, so it's a bit of a risky dice roll when there are multiple opponents.

Easter Egg: Nature Cat's Nature Analysis!

If you choose the Daisy assist and use the first part of the Down Special on his home stage, then her, Fred, and his other friends will enter a unique conversation (much like the Snake Codecs and Palutena's Guidance) discussing one of the opponents! Every character in the game has a conversation filled to the brim with humorous observations, and even cameos from other PBS characters. The discussed target will be the one who's special Fred copies in free-for-alls.

Entrance:

From a tree hole, Nature Cat flips out confidently as he does in his show's intro!

Taunt:

Fred plays a sweet little tune on his lute.

Victory Animation:

Fred and all his friends do a fun circle dance around a comically-large trophy, then all pose together in front of it for a cute selfie (Daisy appears here and takes the picture, even if her assist wasn't chosen).

Losing Animation:

With his hat knocked off and on the ground, Fred sits sadly on the floor, his friends consoling him.​

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a modern PBS Kids show whose franchise represented only has one assist currently

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a modern PBS Kids show whose franchise represented only has one item currently

aside from those, I'm good with everything else above

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment or song.

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment or song.

I'm going for a triple play here but we need some Sesame Street animated segment representation in PBS Kids: Brawltime! for sure. As said before, we are still lacking in it as all our Sesame Street content is based on the live-action component of the show.

I may submit a moveset for Nature Cat but I do not know too much about his show despite seeing like two episodes before of his show.
Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a modern PBS Kids show whose franchise represented only has one assist currently

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a modern PBS Kids show whose franchise represented only has one item currently

aside from those, I'm good with everything else above
Sorry for the wait everyone, life has been busy but I hope for those who celebrate Easter had a great Easter! I love the moveset Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun created for Nature Cat. I did however have a different idea for Nature Cat's Light Down being called "Nothing Can Stop Me Now!" where he simply trips over a branch and falls, attacking any fighters in front of him. The stronger variant causes him to fall harder. But, the Nature Cat moveset already there looks awesome and its full of fun little things so great job to Cyborg Sun! I'll add some stronger variants to your light moves as all light moves have stronger variants. We will also use my stage for Nature Cat as well.

We now need to vote on our other Assist and Item jobs so please vote in the Strawpolls below!

Assist Job Poll
Submit an assist based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment or song. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit an assist based on a modern PBS Kids show whose franchise represented only has one assist currently PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Item Job Prompt
Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment or song. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit an item based on a modern PBS Kids show whose franchise represented only has one item currently PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now...based on the elimination poll, it seems we will not be doing Pop's idea for a stage job even though I loved all the ideas posed. So...me and Cyborg Sun's stage job ideas will be used.

Off to stage jobs and a Learning Book set!

Job 423:

Submit a stage based off of a PBS Kids series that debuted any time in the 2010s-present. Upcoming shows are eligible for this job as well.

Job 424:

Submit a stage based off of an animated Sesame Street segment or song.

Job 425:

Submit a stage based on a proposed fighter's series that did not get in.

The series eligible for this job are:

• Ready, Jet, Go!
  • Let's Go Luna!
  • Peg + Cat
  • Saguwa the Chinese Siamese Cat
  • Elinor Wonders Why
  • The Big Comfy Couch
  • The Berenstain Bears
  • Caillou
  • Dinosaur Train
  • Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band
  • Rosie's Rules
  • Liberty's Kids
  • Sid the Science Kid
  • Shining Time Station
  • Ghostwriter
  • Where In The World is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Pinkalicious and Peterrific
If I am missing any series, please let me know! I know some of the series on here have content in the game like assists and items but some of them can have fun stages! There are other series too that had fighters nominated from them like Thomas and Friends and Splash and Bubbles but those series already have stages and such.

For each stage, describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 426:

Submit a Learning Book Set for Nature Cat.

2010s PBS Kids Series Stage

Circo Fabuloso (Let's Go Luna!)

ezgif-3-b707969d48.jpg

I know an idea for this location being a stage has been posed before. But, since I nominated Luna and feel her series deserves some representation, why not pose it now? Basically, you fight inside the circus ring and fight in the ring. There are walkoffs on both sides and the stage changes with the various acts happening from Salami Strong coming into the ring to lift up some fighters to prove his strength, the circus ring changing to making it suitable for the Acronauts to do some acrboatic tricks, etc. Finally, as the finale, Luna will appear on stage and dance uncontrollably! Anyone in her way will get damaged as she can't control herself in the middle of a fight! Overall, it's a fun stage that changes layouts and hazards so keep an eye on where things are so you can use them to your advantage.

Animated Sesame Street Segment/Song Stage

Geometry of Circles

glass.jpg

It's a more obscurer animated Sesame Street segment but I thought it could make a fun stage! The stage would be similar to Ascend Zone from Slap City in a way where the number of platforms can decrease causing chaos. But, you fight on the circles and they change. Basically, the layout will change based on the 4 differen Geometry of Circles segments. The circles have ledges but they are small so watch out. Another fun idea for this stage is that the animation of the stage will be akin to the hand-drawn/cel animation style used for the older Sesame Street segments back then and the music in the segments is restored and fit for PBS Kids: Brawltime! An overall, fun stage showing you the power of circles!

Proposed Fighter Tie-In Stage

Boxwood Terrace (Ready, Jet, Go!)

ezgif-4-ae5b43691c.jpg

Ok so I did get a bit inspired by an old submission by Pop from his idea for a stage based on Pinkville. The layout is similar to that idea but...it's 5 houses! Occasionally, Jet's house will fly away as its a spaceship. Jet and his friends who live here will say hello and cheer you on as you fight!

Learning Book Set for Nature Cat

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • Gotta Swipe Faster! (Nature Cat's Light Neutral has less start up lag and comes out faster, making it more spammable!)
    • Quicker Digging (Nature Cat's Light Down comes out faster)
    • Higher Vine Swinging (Nature Cat's Up Special has more height to it!)
    • Squeek's Stronger Uppercut (Nature Cat's Light Up is stronger and has less endlag.)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • Faster Copying! (Nature Cat's Down Special can be done faster and the Neutral Special you copy will deal more damage)
    • A True Martial Artist (For Nature Cat's Light Up, Squeeks will perform the stronger Uppercut (the secret "Shoryuken!" more often!)
    • Much Better to Study! (For Nature Cat's Neutral Special, he can manipulate more hazards at his will.).
      • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • The Vine Master! (Nature Cat can use his up special twice while in midair!)
    • More Dirt to Cover the Earth! (For his Light Down, the dirt Hal digs will have a bigger hitbox and will cause more damage as it covers more area!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Onward and Yonward! (Nature Cat gains a super stat buff from nature and becomes invincible for a few seconds!)

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Whoops, forgot that light attacks have two variants, here I'll make some up real quick for you to implement:

Light Neutral: Instead of light swatting, he will wildly flail his arms (think a proper attack version of one of Toon Link's taunts), but he's left more open as this tires him out briefly.

Light Up: Squeeks adds a second little spin hit to her uppercut (much like the third part of Seth's Shoryuken in SFIV), with the cost of a bit more endlag. If you get lucky enough to get the secret "Shoryuken" combined with this stronger variant, then you get what is possibly the strongest light attack in the game!

Light Down: Hal digs faster and more aggressively as Nature Cat exclaims "Nothing can stop us now!" However, this reckless digging then causes the both of them to trip over each other, granting the attack a weaker front hurtbox but also leaves Fred wide open for a short time. Seeing a pattern here? (Inspired by AlteredBeast's alternative idea for a light down, implementing another iconic running gag from the show)

I love the idea for the Luna stage (as I also really like this series and feels it needs more representation), and fortunately I won't risk replacing it with my own stage proposal, as it's also from the modern era...

Proposed Fighter Tie-In Stage: Animal Town

Animal_Town_center.png

In many ways, Elinor Wonders Why could be seen as a much more wholesome, laid back take on what Nature Cat does. While I feel Fred makes for a more fun fighter between the two, it still sucks that Elinor may have missed her last chance to get in... for this game, at least. Until then, she and her friends will enjoy studying the fight from a distance here in this cozy & friendly little town. This begins as a simple walkoff stage, but "morphs" over time. How so? Through Elinor's mother, Ranger Rabbit, who appears on the stage occasionally and sets up certain signs in the interest of preserving the nature in the area. Sometimes she sets up signs that totally block the walls, forcing you to launch opponents elsewhere. Other times, the signs will be within the stage, damaging you if you walk into their areas (through sheer guilt, I guess?). There are even signs that warn of sinkholes, perfect opportunities for a meteor smash! The wind will occasionally blow branches into the stage as well, and while it's not the strongest, this debris can still be annoying and even decide the battle under the right circumstances, so watch out! And like many other stages, many characters from the show watch in the background, including Elinor herself.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Oh boy, I am SOOOOOOO late on this, but can we go along when we can?

2010s PBS Kids Series Stage (Probably a resubmission

Pinkertown (Pinkalicious and Peterrific)

I mean, even if she can't make it in as a fighter, I feel like the town she lives in deserves to make it in as a stage. Think of its layout like Onett.

The Big Comfy Couch (The Big Comfy Couch)

Somehow, it just kinda dawned on me that I think this show DESERVES a stage to make it in, It really does, trust me. Layout-wise, the big comfy couch itself can serve as a semi-bouncy platform on an otherwise-grounded stage, and lots of the same shenanigans that happen in the show itself associated with the big comfy couch happen on the stage as well!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Circo Fabuloso (Let's Go Luna!)

View attachment 387350

I know an idea for this location being a stage has been posed before. But, since I nominated Luna and feel her series deserves some representation, why not pose it now? Basically, you fight inside the circus ring and fight in the ring. There are walkoffs on both sides and the stage changes with the various acts happening from Salami Strong coming into the ring to lift up some fighters to prove his strength, the circus ring changing to making it suitable for the Acronauts to do some acrboatic tricks, etc. Finally, as the finale, Luna will appear on stage and dance uncontrollably! Anyone in her way will get damaged as she can't control herself in the middle of a fight! Overall, it's a fun stage that changes layouts and hazards so keep an eye on where things are so you can use them to your advantage.

Boxwood Terrace (Ready, Jet, Go!)

View attachment 387354

Ok so I did get a bit inspired by an old submission by Pop from his idea for a stage based on Pinkville. The layout is similar to that idea but...it's 5 houses! Occasionally, Jet's house will fly away as its a spaceship. Jet and his friends who live here will say hello and cheer you on as you fight!
Whoops, forgot that light attacks have two variants, here I'll make some up real quick for you to implement:

Light Neutral: Instead of light swatting, he will wildly flail his arms (think a proper attack version of one of Toon Link's taunts), but he's left more open as this tires him out briefly.

Light Up: Squeeks adds a second little spin hit to her uppercut (much like the third part of Seth's Shoryuken in SFIV), with the cost of a bit more endlag. If you get lucky enough to get the secret "Shoryuken" combined with this stronger variant, then you get what is possibly the strongest light attack in the game!

Light Down: Hal digs faster and more aggressively as Nature Cat exclaims "Nothing can stop us now!" However, this reckless digging then causes the both of them to trip over each other, granting the attack a weaker front hurtbox but also leaves Fred wide open for a short time. Seeing a pattern here? (Inspired by AlteredBeast's alternative idea for a light down, implementing another iconic running gag from the show)

I love the idea for the Luna stage (as I also really like this series and feels it needs more representation), and fortunately I won't risk replacing it with my own stage proposal, as it's also from the modern era...

Proposed Fighter Tie-In Stage: Animal Town

View attachment 387359

In many ways, Elinor Wonders Why could be seen as a much more wholesome, laid back take on what Nature Cat does. While I feel Fred makes for a more fun fighter between the two, it still sucks that Elinor may have missed her last chance to get in... for this game, at least. Until then, she and her friends will enjoy studying the fight from a distance here in this cozy & friendly little town. This begins as a simple walkoff stage, but "morphs" over time. How so? Through Elinor's mother, Ranger Rabbit, who appears on the stage occasionally and sets up certain signs in the interest of preserving the nature in the area. Sometimes she sets up signs that totally block the walls, forcing you to launch opponents elsewhere. Other times, the signs will be within the stage, damaging you if you walk into their areas (through sheer guilt, I guess?). There are even signs that warn of sinkholes, perfect opportunities for a meteor smash! The wind will occasionally blow branches into the stage as well, and while it's not the strongest, this debris can still be annoying and even decide the battle under the right circumstances, so watch out! And like many other stages, many characters from the show watch in the background, including Elinor herself.
Oh boy, I am SOOOOOOO late on this, but can we go along when we can?

2010s PBS Kids Series Stage (Probably a resubmission

Pinkertown (Pinkalicious and Peterrific)

I mean, even if she can't make it in as a fighter, I feel like the town she lives in deserves to make it in as a stage. Think of its layout like Onett.

The Big Comfy Couch (The Big Comfy Couch)

Somehow, it just kinda dawned on me that I think this show DESERVES a stage to make it in, It really does, trust me. Layout-wise, the big comfy couch itself can serve as a semi-bouncy platform on an otherwise-grounded stage, and lots of the same shenanigans that happen in the show itself associated with the big comfy couch happen on the stage as well!
Alright, so my Learning Book Set for Nature Cat and my stage based on an animated Sesame Street segment will get in. Thank you Cyborg for fixing up your Light Moves for Nature Cat as well. However, we need to vote on a stage based on a 2010s PBS Kids series as well as a stage based on a proposed fighter.

Vote for a stage based on a 2010s PBS Kids series in the Strawpoll in the link below!

Circo Fabuloso (Let's Go Luna!) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Pinkertown (Pinkalicious and Peterrific) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

As for the proposed fighter tie-in stage, vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own submission in second!

Boxwood Terrace (Ready, Jet, Go!) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Animal Town (Elinor Wonders Why) Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun
The Big Comfy Couch (The Big Comfy Couch) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto the assists jobs and some Learning Champion stage forms!

Job 427:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from Nature Cat.

Job 428:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a 2010s PBS Kids series.

Job 429:

As for each assist, explain their function and what they do when assisting a fighter.

Job 430:

Submit 3 Learning Champion stage forms for stages that do not have one! We will add 5 for this update.

You CANNOT submit Learning Champion stage forms for the following stages:

• Sesame Street
  • Bobsville Castle
  • The Island of Sodor
  • EekoHouse
  • Magical Events
  • Tarrytown Sky Parade
  • Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival
  • Precinct 13579
  • Once Upon a Restaruant
  • Countdown
These stages already have Learning Champion stage forms!

Stage Votes:

1. Big Comfy Couch (The show recently got some brand new official merchandise for adults who grew up with the show...perfect timing!)
2. Animal Town

Nature Cat Assist

Ronald

kids-mezzannine-16x9_647.jpg

Since we already have one of the main characters of Nature Cat as an assist in the form of Daisy...why don't we add the main antagonist as an assist as well being Ronald? This lazy, fat cat is....a bit of a joke assist. He simply will lounge there and occasionally throw you a glass of lemonade to recover some of your health. However, when the assist meter is full, he'll simply blast some bad music to destroy the nature of the fight and blast opponents with the soundwaves away with his DJ set, causing some major knockback! An overall, fun assist!

2010s PBS Kids Series Assist

Peg + Cat

channels4_profile.jpg

We might as well represent this show in the form an assist as these two will give you a hand as they are problem solvers after all! Basically, they can assess your problem in the fight based on whether you are winning or losing by doing some math problems! If you are losing, Peg will draw you a good item for you to use or draw you some form of a buff while she and Cat will also draw obstacles to hinder your opponents so they can't attack you! However, when the meter is full, they will have the best solution by Peg drawing you super strong items and creating very big obstacles to hinder your opponents for a long time as well! Each one of their items will take some time to create as math is hard to solve sometimes, this applies to the obstacles as well!

Animated Sesame Street Segment/Song Assist

Niblet (Sesame Street)

ezgif-7-891e1abcec.jpg

Representing the more modern animated Sesame Street segments, coming from Abby's Flying Fairy School comes the gerbilcorn, Niblet! As an assist, he loves to cause trouble! He'll eat your opponents by latching on to the opponent who is winning or in second place if your winning and softly bite them as if they are food for a few seconds, causing damage! However, when the assist meter is full, the true fun begins as he gets hold of a magic wand causing all sorts of chaos to happen from your opponents having reversed controls, everyone becoming invisible, etc. He's a very RNG-based assist to represent his troublesome nature.

Learning Champion Stage Forms

• Animal Junction (Similar layout to Kongo Falls without the rock. The various platforms in the Animal Junction make up the layout to make the stage suited for more competitively-legal matches.)
  • The Secret Museum (Basically based on the main area of the museum and the layout has a flat stage but the platforms slightly change based on the exhibit with no hazards such as the Amelia section having her biplane as additional platforms, the Storytelling Shed having three books as platforms that rotate, etc.)
  • Denali Trading Post (More simple where it's basically you fight on the platform below the Denali Trading Post sign and the sign acts a minor additional platform, nothing too special.)

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
My votes for "Proposed Fighter Tie-In Stage":

1. Boxwood Terrace
2. Animal Town

I'm fine with the above choices you've proposed for the new jobs. Also, if you don't mind real quick, I realize the two assists I got into the concept (Daisy and Milo) never got "Full Assist Meter" functions, let me rectify that:

Daisy: When the assist meter is full, she will manipulate the game's coding further to grant herself a shield, but also take longer to research the opponent to find even more weaknesses. If she can finish this, then you gain greater buffs, but if you fail to protect her, the revenge-damage she does against you is even greater!

Milo: When the assist meter is full, the potency of his randomized job (be it buffing, attacking, etc.) will simply be even greater.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Animal Town
2. The Big Comfy Couch

PTV Park: Gets the Small Battlefield treatment, nuff' said

The Big Harbour: Gets a layout where it's kinda like Fountain of Dreams, but the platforms move in a way similar to when Ramuh controls the platforms on Midgar

Mrs. Jenkins' Classroom: Takes place on the piano in the classroom, otherwise like the SSB4 Omega Onett

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my assists will be added. For the stages, Circo Fabuloso and.....

Boxwood Terrace: 2
The Big Comfy Couch: 3
Animal Town: 4

Animal Town will be joining as our other two stages with Nature Cat! Congrats to me and Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for those fun stage submissions! As for Learning Champion Stage variants, all of mine are joining as well as Pop's for Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom and The Great Big Harbour. I will not be accepting PTV Park as we are NOT doing any Learning Champion Stage forms for any competitively legal stages. So good job to the both of us!

Now, onto items and a Legacy Skin prompt submission:

Job 431:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from Nature Cat.

Job 432:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from a PBS Kids series that debuted from the 2010s-present. This includes upcoming shows as well.

Job 433:

Submit an item based on a modern PBS Kids series represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that has none to only one item in the game.

The series eligible for this job are:

• Wild Kratts
  • Molly of Denali
  • Elinor Wonders Why
  • Pinkalicious and Peterrific
  • Odd Squad
  • Work It Out, Wombats!
  • Acoustic Rooster and his Barnyard Band
  • Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  • Donkey Hodie
  • Peg + Cat (given we just added them as an assist)
If I missed any, please let me know. I decided to change up Pop's item job prompt idea to allow for more submissions.

Job 434:

Submit a Legacy Skin job prompt idea for the 4th Legacy Skin to come with Nature Cat.
Be super creative with the theme you want the legacy Skin to be themed around. You CANNOT submit a job prompt based around Legacy Skins themed after non-esports video game events

Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

Nature Cat Item:

Harold (Hal's Flying Disc)

kids-mezzannine-16x9_456.jpg

It's Hal's very own flying disc, Harold! Basically, it's a simple item as we do not have many sports equipment items in this game...but it makes for some cool item combos but only gives small damage. You can hold the special button when you pick up the frisbee to determine the power of your throw. Simple throws only give 4% damage while harder throws give 7% damage. The flying disc can be used for up to 7 throws but it will not come back to you like a boomerang. However, you can easily pick it up and use it again. Be careful as anyone can pick it up and use it for a fun game of catch!

2010s PBS Kids Series Item:

Face 9000 (Ready, Jet, Go!)

sddefault.jpg

I thought I would add something from Ready, Jet, Go! since Jet himself was proposed as a fighter. Face 9000 is a bit of an honorary assist as he will simply spit out speech bubbles like the Dr. Kawashima assist from the Smash series all about science and simply flood the battlefield with information. He basically is a great item to use for stage control but he easily will get ticklish so if you accidentally attack him or if another fighter attacks him...he will get some damage. Just simply pick up the screen and then he will talk for a short while. A fun item but overall worth the reward if you can get him to talk for that long.

Modern PBS Kids series with no to one item Item

Sliminator (Wild Kratts)

ezgif-4-17ff4c3ecb.jpg

So...I'm VERY surprised Wild Kratts does not even have one item yet...so why don't we add one now? When this item spawns, you simply can pick it up and shoot out worm slime. When you shoot it at a fighter, the fighter will gain about 10% damage as well as a bit of a poison effect as worm slime is toxic. I know the Sliminator only appeared in one episode of Wild Kratts but...it's a fun item overall.

Legacy Skin Job Prompt:

Submit a Legacy Skin based around a character in PBS Kids: Brawltime! cosplaying as another character/thing from another PBS Kids series represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime!. Basically, a crossover cosplay skin.

Besides that one Legacy Skin for Donkey (if that counts as a cosplay skin, more of a crossover Legacy Skin), I feel more cosplay Legacy Skins can be fun. This is another idea I had for a while so why don't we do it now? After all, our next fighter will be a guest character so there will be more cosplay Legacy Skins there. But, we need more cosplay based on the PBS Kids characters anyway.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Legacy Skin Job Prompt:

Submit a Legacy Skin based on a character from an upcoming PBS Kids property. A fun cosplay skin to promote a new series!

Since this DLC pass will be the last, it'd be neat to still have some more representation for the franchises that simply can't make it in time. (Okay, I'll admit, this prompt was basically made as an excuse for me to try to get more Carl The Collector content in this somehow, I have high hopes for it... oh, happy Autism Acceptance Month btw)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Legacy Skin Job Prompt:

Submit a Legacy Skin based on either an animal or a major holiday!

While normally, mobile games tend to give characters skins based on animals or holidays, I just thought it would be fun to try this idea here.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Legacy Skin Job Prompt:

Submit a Legacy Skin based around a character in PBS Kids: Brawltime! cosplaying as another character/thing from another PBS Kids series represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime!. Basically, a crossover cosplay skin.

Besides that one Legacy Skin for Donkey (if that counts as a cosplay skin, more of a crossover Legacy Skin), I feel more cosplay Legacy Skins can be fun. This is another idea I had for a while so why don't we do it now? After all, our next fighter will be a guest character so there will be more cosplay Legacy Skins there. But, we need more cosplay based on the PBS Kids characters anyway.
Legacy Skin Job Prompt:

Submit a Legacy Skin based on a character from an upcoming PBS Kids property. A fun cosplay skin to promote a new series!

Since this DLC pass will be the last, it'd be neat to still have some more representation for the franchises that simply can't make it in time. (Okay, I'll admit, this prompt was basically made as an excuse for me to try to get more Carl The Collector content in this somehow, I have high hopes for it... oh, happy Autism Acceptance Month btw)
Legacy Skin Job Prompt:

Submit a Legacy Skin based on either an animal or a major holiday!

While normally, mobile games tend to give characters skins based on animals or holidays, I just thought it would be fun to try this idea here.
Alright, so my items will be added. For now, we need to vote on the Legacy Skin prompts. Vote for your top 2 but your own can only be in second!

Submit a Legacy Skin based around a character in PBS Kids: Brawltime! cosplaying as another character/thing from another PBS Kids series represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime!. Basically, a crossover cosplay skin. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a Legacy Skin based on a character from an upcoming PBS Kids property. A fun cosplay skin to promote a new series! Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun
Submit a Legacy Skin based on either an animal or a major holiday! PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Time for the main event...the Story Mode!

Job 435:

Submit a story mode for Nature Cat.
Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters in both passes thus far, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination and get submitting!

My votes:

1. Animal/Major Holiday Legacy Skin
2. Crossover cosplay skin based on any PBS Kids series represented in Brawltime!

I feel the animal/major holiday Legacy Skin is full of ideas....especially for an area that has not been covered yet in terms of the Legacy Skins we have thus far. It'll be funny if we got an animal-themed Legacy Skin given the fighter's content we're doing right now is from a show all about nature, heh. I gave a self-vote to my own prompt for my second vote. While I do like Cyborg Sun's idea a lot, mine allows for more possibilities to be fair. I have some fun ideas for crossover cosplay skins for sure.

Nature Cat Story Mode Chapter

The Nature of a Brawltime Party and The Anomaly

This story mode chapter will take place starting before Anomaly's intrusion in the first part and then lead into the First and Second Chapters of the Story Mode for the second part. Finally, he will end up in the Anomaly and then lead into the Epilogue and such.

The chapter starts with a remade intro in engine based on the Nature Cat opening where we see Fred and his friends get ready for the show, of course.

Then, we see the title card with Fred doing some fighting moves with the others with Daisy reading the title.

Daisy: The Nature of a Brawltime Party and The Anomaly!

We then zoom out to Fred's backyard where we see Fred and his friends gathering around and just looking at their Nature Curiosity list.

Nature Cat: Woah! Check this out!

Nature Cat is seen holding a green envelope that he received a few days ago.

Daisy: Ooh! A green envelope!

Nature Cat: We have been invited to some sort of Brawltime Party...but that's not on our Nature Curiosity list...

Hal: So, what does that mean?

Nature Cat: I guess that means....we have something new to discover! So, I suppose onward and...

Daisy: Now, just a minute...

We see Daisy pulling out her phone and doing some research.

Daisy: I feel we should do some research on the other attendees of the Brawltime party before we go!

Nature Cat: I want to go n-!

Hal: I feel we should prepare first for sure...

Squeeks: Count the mouse in! I'm ready to show off some awesome karate moves!

We see Squeeks in the Rye-esque outfit as well.

Nature Cat: Well then, let's go onward and prepare for this Brawltime Party!

Daisy: Let me help you out, Fred! We must get you all ready to know these fellow party attendees!

The cutscene ends and you start in the Fred's Backyard section in Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventure stage and stay there with Daisy as your assist. There, you will practice Nature Cat's moveset on some wooden dummies around his yard while Daisy explains his moveset to you. There are 10 dummies and you must defeat each with the move by the dummy described. After that, you will then have to practice your Neutral Special on Hal being your training partner. Successfully do this 5 times, you pass this mini-tutorial.

After the mini-tutorial:

Hal: Well, it looks like we are all ready to go!

Daisy: You are one top cat, Nature Cat!

Squeeks: Absolutely! We are ready to go for sure, even for a small mouse like me!

Nature Cat hugs all of his friends.

Nature Cat: Thank you all for helping me! Now then....let's go to the-

Suddenly, Nature Cat and his friends notice some sort of strange purple goo monster approaching their backyard!

Nature Cat: RUN!!!!

The cutscene then ends and you enter a rapid fire platforming section where you have 60 seconds to run away from the oncoming Anomaly goo to get to a designated safespot while playing as Nature Cat. The other characters will be following behind you. If you get touched by it, you get KOd.

After the platforming section:

We then see a title card on a black screen that says "3 Years Later".

We see Nature Cat and his friends in the same area where Dash was running through.

Nature Cat: Goodbye backyard...goodbye beautiful nature...goodbye...

Hal: How will we get back our old backyard and nature anyway?

Daisy then pulls out her phone and does some research.

Daisy: Well, according to the research, it seems everything is gone but...just lands of nothingness.

Squeeks: We may just have to explore.

Nature Cat: Great idea but...

We see Dash running through the grassy plains until he sees Nature Cat.

Dash: Hey, you must be Nature Cat! Weren't you supposed to come to my Brawltime Party?

Nature Cat: Well yes, I was to do so but...that purple thing took over our world.

Dash: Say, I gotta dash as my friend Arthur got kidnapped by that Purple Goo thing.

Hal: We'll come and help!

Daisy: And I'll do some research on those purple monsters!

Everyone nods and gets going.

After the cutscene, you can play as Nature Cat or Dash with Daisy as your assist and it's similar to the platforming section in Chapter 1 of the Story Mode. However, there are more minions to defeat and there are more obstacles. You have to neutralize the Anomaly's enslaved minions to free Arthur.

Arthur: Oh! Thanks Dash! I know I've been terrible to you in the past hitting you, but I owe you big!

Dash: Aw, your welcome, Arthur. Jeez, I didn't know what everyone, including us, were fighting for. I always thought we were fighting off intruders who wanted to impede us!

Arthur then looks at Nature Cat.

Arthur: Say, who are you guys?

Nature Cat: Well, I'm Nature Cat, fellow nature explorer and now in this...big empty world of nothing. No nature or anything...we're not intruders but-

Arthur: Me neither. But, I, too, am just lost in this big, big empty world, just like all the others we fought against before! I really just think everyone's misguided here. So what do you say? Friends?

Dash: Friends.

Nature Cat, Hal, Squeeks and Daisy: Friends!

All of them high-five one another and then Nature Cat decides to say something.

Nature Cat: I suppose me and my friends are going to keep exploring the world to find out what the problem is with that purple goo monster and how we can stop it!

Daisy: I'll keep doing research!

Squeeks: We'll see all of you later!

Nature Cat and his friends part ways with Dash and Arthur where then they decide to keep exploring.

Daisy: Let's keep looking for more clues, shall we?

Nature Cat, Hal and Squeeks: Right!

We enter another platforming section that leads from the grassy plains to the lakkeside area in the Second Chapter with Nature Cat as well as Daisy with your assist. You fight more Anomaly Minions and face more obstacles such as occasional Anomaly goo covering the ground.

They all then see Barney about to be attacked by that dinosaur boss Anomaly minion. Just as the dinosaur boss minion was about to attack Barney, we see a man in a green high-tech suit zooming right in, attacking the minion with a lion strike. It is revealed to be not just Chris who came to protect Barney but Martin too.

Nature Cat and his friends run over.

Nature Cat: Woah! That was awesome!

Barney: Say, we have more friends here to help out! Together, anything can happen!

Then, the boss gets ready to battle but Barney, Nature Cat and his friends and the Kratt Brothers are ready for battle.

You then play as Barney, Nature Cat or The Kratt Bros to defeat the dinsoaur Anomaly boss. It's stronger than the Chapter 2 boss and summons more dinosaur-themed Anomaly mini-minions to attack you.

After the mini-boss:

Barney: Wow, I thought the dinosaur was going to be friendly! Thank you for saving me, everyone!

Nature Cat looks astonished.

Nature Cat: And I thought dinosaurs were all gone but this one is big, purple and friendly!

Martin: What's your name? We have never met a purple dinosaur before and one that's friendly!

Barney: My name is Barney and it's super deeeee duper to meet you both!

Chris: Well, I'm Chris!

Martin: And I'm Martin! Chris's brother!

Nature Cat: And I'm Fred but everyone calls me Nature Cat! And these are my friends Hal, Squeeks and Daisy!

Nature Cat then looks at the screen.

Nature Cat: We even have someone telling us what to do to help us stop the problem who's not here with us but, we're in this together!

Everyone shares a big hug.

Chris: Well, it's very nice to meet you Barney! But, we need to figure out how to stop that strange purple creature!

Martin: After all, we are zoologists. Meaning, we learn about animals! Sadly, all the animals we love learning about including our buddy Zoboomafoo are gone.

Nature Cat: But, we're still here and we are going to do all it takes to stop that purple goo monster! We lost nature!

Barney: Well, all my friends are missing too. But, we will rescue the friends we love!

Everyone: Yes, we will!

Barney: Now then, let's go on an adventure to find out more about this purple thing.

Martin: Remember Barney and Chris, as I always say, pick what you love to do, persevere at it, don't take "no" for an answer and it'll happen.

Nature Cat; Everyone, let's go onward and yonward to save our worlds and everything we love!

Everyone then runs and starts to explore.

Barney, Nature Cat and the Kratt brothers then go through a platforming section where they must traverse through the various parts of the lake area while fighting off the Anomaly's minions and making it to the end, where they then must deal with more of the Anomaly's enslaved minions.

Nature Cat sees a forest ahead.

Nature Cat: A forest...NATURE IS HERE!

Barney: Let's go explore there!

Everyone then heads to the forest but more Anomaly appear.

Chris: Ah! More of those monsters.

Martin: They are destroying everything.

Hal: I guess we should just stop all of them.

Daisy: Let's see what we can do...

Everyone nods.

After the cutscene, you then play as Barney, the Kratt Brothers or Nature Cat to partake in a Multinomaly Mayhem fight in the forest. There are 30 minions all themed after forest animals. Basically, it's a no-frills fight. Defeat all of them without getting KOd.

After the Multinomaly Mayhem style fight section:

Nature Cat: We did it!

Everyone cheers.

Daisy looks at her phone.

Daisy: Maybe we should explore the forest a little more. Then, we can do more research on the purple goo.

Barney: That sounds super-dee-duper! Me, Chris and Martin will go explore more places.

Chris: It was nice meeting you Nature Cat and your friends! Good luck finding the source of the purple monster!

Nature Cat: Absolutely!

Everyone parts ways until the gang explores deeper into the forest and they notice a purple crystal shard.

Daisy then pulls out her phone.

Daisy: I guess that crystal shard must be the source of the Anomaly. Let's go see it!

Everyone then sees the shard and touches it unti...the shard shakes.

Nature Cat: What's going on n-?

Before Nature Cat could continue, the purple goo came rapidly being summoned from the crystal and took Nature Cat and his friends into the Anomaly Monster.

Nature Cat and his friends: AAAAAA-

We then see Nature Cat and his friends wake up where they see all the PBS Kids characters captured. They even see Ronald.

Ronald: Hey, Fred, is that you? Did you cause this madness to happen?

Nature Cat: Nonsense Ronald! But, I'm surprised your in here too!

We then see similar to what happens in Chapter 16. We see WordGirl and Xavier enter the Anomaly.

Similar to what happened in Chapter 16...

Xavier: Well, here we are.....this must be the inside of this monster. Wow, it sure is dark and creepy in here! But I must do what I'm told if we're going to end all this! I guess this will be the last of us......

WordGirl: This will not be the end of us, Xavier! Even if we have to be gone in the process, just know we'll always stick together, no matter what. Maybe we should explore the inside first...

Inside the Anomaly was a large dark purple cave where they can see the various PBS Kids characters the Anomaly has captured, all stick together by mysterious purple goo and stuff that resembles vassals in the human body. Xavier Riddle then looks far and points to some characters he recognizes.

Nature Cat: Well, it seems those two are going onward to stop that purple monster thing.

Daisy looks at her phone.

Daisy: Appearently, it's called the Anomaly. It took over all our worlds but now, some other heroes found the force to stop it!

We watch WordGirl and Xavier Riddle take down the Anomaly and then rewatch the sacrifice the two make. Meanwhile...all the other PBS Kids characters are freed! Nature Cat grabs his friends.

Nature Cat: We're freed! Let's get out of here, though!

After the cutscene, you must complete the platforming section at the end of the epilogue as Nature Cat by traversing through the inside of the Anomaly to the exit. In the stage, there will be debris falling to impede you progress and which you must avoid. You have a limited time to make it out of the Anomaly.

We see what happens in the epilogue with all the PBS Kids characters freed. Nature Cat and his friends celebrate with the others.

Hal: Excellent, we made it out!

Squeeks: I told you we could do it!

Nature Cat: Well, now that we're freed, when do we go home?

Then, Nature Cat and his friends recognize the Neon Gaming City in the distance.

Daisy looks at the city and pulls out her phone to do research.

Daisy: There's a city over there and based on what I looked up, it is filled with loads of fun and new nature for us to explore!

Nature Cat: Well...what are we waiting for? Onward and yonward to the city!

Nature Cat and his friends run off to the city with the other PBS Kids characters.

Six Months Later...

We then hear a Brawltime! instrumental remix of the Nature Cat theme and we see Nature Cat and his friends explore the city doing all the fun things. They then go to the Animal Sanctuary ran by Chris and Martin.

Nature Cat: Say...there's more nature in here.

Martin: Long time no see, Nature Cat! All of your friends are welcome here!

Squeeks: Got room for a mouse?

Everyone laughs as we zoom out on the sky and then the last note hits of the Nature Cat theme and the chapter ends.

End of Chapter

I do not know that much about Nature Cat but I decided to write a Story Mode chapter after so long. We haven't done much with the beginning chapters with the DLC characters. Plus, the past 2 Story Mode chapters took place in the Neon Gaming City. So, I thought it would be nice to return to the regular Story Mode story with the Anomaly. I also put Daisy as a major character in the story. I know she's an assist but I thought it would be fun to also have an assist be a lead character as well as explore some potential origins of the crystal having shards around the Land of No Learning but cause goo to appear rather than that dark portal. It was fun to write and I hope all of you enjoy it!

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Legacy Costume Votes:

1. Animal/Major Holiday
2. Upcoming Show Cosplay

Not sure if this is allowed or has ever been done before, but for the story, I'm actually going to take what you already have and modify some parts of it. I like it overall, but I want to try and sprinkle in a few more gags and revise some areas...

The chapter starts with a remade intro in engine based on the Nature Cat opening where we see Fred become Nature Cat, and he & his friends get ready for the show.

Then, we see the title card with Nature Cat doing some fighting moves with the others with Daisy reading the title.

Daisy: The Nature of a Brawltime Party and The Anomaly!

We then zoom out to Nature Cat's backyard where we see he and his friends gathering around and just looking at their Nature Curiosity list, wondering what they should explore today.

Just then... a green envelope is humorously blown by the wind into Nature Cat's face...

Nature Cat: Ack! Darn you polluters, now you're throwing away perfectly good envelopes too!? ...Huh, wait a second... it's addressed to us???

Hal: Since when were envelopes green? Oh, oh, oh, let me guess! It's a Saint Patrick's Day letter!

Squeeks: Hal, that was months ago...

Nature Cat: (opens letter) "Dearest Nature Cat, we invite you and your friends to the... Brawltime Party"? I've never heard of that kind of party before...

Squeeks: I don't know man... if that letter was just flyin' around and polluting nature, maybe we shouldn't trust these guys.

While they were talking, Daisy had searched for "Brawltime" on her phone...

Daisy: Guys, I think I found something... there's been rumors going around of a secret competition to determine who the strongest educational figure is. Well, we do teach countless people all about the wonders of nature... (winks to the camera)

Nature Cat: So, it's some kind of contest to see who could... teach the most people about something?

Daisy: Heh, not quite... says here it's most likely a martial arts tournament of some kind.

Squeeks: Uh, yeah man, I'm not following. What does educating people have to do fighting? Seems really out of place, and fishy. But... I'm still intrigued. I've always wanted to enter a fighting tournament, especially if it involves these new Ka-Ra-Tay moves I've been practicing! (we see her quickly change to an outfit reminiscent of Street Fighter's Ryu and perform some quick karate moves)

Nature Cat: Well, if these guys want us to fight as a team, then this competition will be a cinch! To whoever set this up, I say thee: Tally Ho-

Daisy: Wait, Nature Cat! Maybe we should do a little training first? Who knows who'll show up here...

Hal: Aw, but I wanna party now...

Nature Cat: (sighs) Ah, Daisy's right, guys. I don't want any of us to end up broken on the floor... perhaps just a quick tutorial level to warm up! Onward and yonward!

The cutscene ends and you start in the Fred's Backyard section in Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventure stage and stay there with Daisy as your assist. There, you will practice Nature Cat's moveset on some wooden dummies around his yard while Daisy explains his moveset to you. There are 10 dummies and you must defeat each with the move by the dummy described. After that, you will then have to practice your Neutral Special on some bigger, stronger dummies. Successfully do this 5 times, you pass this mini-tutorial.

After the mini-tutorial:

Nature Cat: Ha ha, take that, generic dummies!

Hal: Tah-dee! Was I top dog, or what!?

Daisy: You sure were, Hal! And you are one top cat as well, Nature Cat!

Squeeks: Absolutely! We are ready to go for sure, man. Count the mouse in!

Nature Cat hugs all of his friends.

Nature Cat: Thank you all for helping me! I think I can say this with confidence: Nothing can stop us now!!!

Suddenly, Nature Cat and his friends notice some sort of strange purple goo monster approaching their backyard!

Nature Cat: ...Ulp, I've got to stop saying that!!! What the heck is that!?

Daisy: Man oh man... I've never seen pollution like this before! It's... consuming your house!?

Nature Cat: No time to inspect that thing further! RUN!!!

The cutscene then ends and you enter a rapid fire platforming section where you have 60 seconds to run away from the oncoming Anomaly goo to get to a designated safespot while playing as Nature Cat. The other characters will be following behind you. If you get touched by it, you get KOd.

We then see a title card on a black screen that says "3 Years Later".

We see Nature Cat and his friends in the same area where Dash was running through.

Squeeks: (dramatic narration voice) It's been three years since that... thing destroyed our home... lucky that portal appeared, or we woulda been goners too... we've made a rudimentary base of operations out of whatever we could find in the empty land, but it'll never be the same, man...

Nature Cat: Squeeks, are you narrating again? Come on buddy, chin up! Daisy may have just found something!

Daisy then enters the scene with her phone in hand

Daisy: It's a long shot, but thanks to a little reverse-engineering, I've finally finished that tracker app for my phone! We're not the only ones that thing attacked... there's signs of other life here! If my theory's correct, all other living things here were also victims...

The phone then beeps.

Daisy: Wait gang, someone's coming! Let's just hope they're friendly...

We see Dash running through the grassy plains until he sees Nature Cat.

Dash: Hey, you must be Nature Cat! Weren't you supposed to come to my Brawltime Party?

Nature Cat: Huzzah! You were right Daisy! Another person!!! Ahem, uh well yes, I was to come to the party but... that purple thing took over our world. Preparing for that party was the last thing we ever did in our old home... wait, so you were the organizer of that?

Dash: No time to explain, I gotta dash! My friend Arthur got kidnapped by that Purple Goo thing.

Nature Cat: Well then, we shall help! It'd be nice to have more friends around here...

Squeeks: And we've been training hard! I bet we're ready to take on those strange monsters now.

Daisy: And I should gather more intel on them. They could hold the secret to returning to our home, or at least... building a new one.

Hal: Yeah, what he said, and she said, and she said!

Everyone nods and gets going.

After the cutscene, you can play as Nature Cat or Dash with Daisy as your assist and it's similar to the platforming section in Chapter 1 of the Story Mode. However, there are more minions to defeat and there are more obstacles. You have to neutralize the Anomaly's enslaved minions to free Arthur.

Arthur: Oh! Thanks Dash! I know I've been terrible to you in the past when I hit you... I really owe you big!

Dash: Aw, you're welcome, Arthur. Jeez, I didn't know what everyone, including us, were fighting for. I always thought we were fighting off intruders who wanted to impede us!

Arthur then looks at Nature Cat.

Arthur: Say, who are you guys?

Nature Cat: Well, I'm Nature Cat, former nature explorer and now big-empty-nothing-world explorer! And trust me you guys, I'm no intruder... don't want to cause any cliche fighting game story misunderstandings here!

Arthur: Uh, yeah... me neither. But, I, too, am just lost in this big, big empty world, just like all the others we fought against before! I really just think everyone's misguided here. So what do you say? Friends?

Dash: Friends.

Nature Cat, Hal, Squeeks and Daisy: Friends!

All of them high-five one another and then Nature Cat decides to say something.

Nature Cat: I suppose me and my friends are going to keep exploring the world to find out what the problem is with that purple goo monster and how we can stop it!

Daisy: I'll keep doing research!

Squeeks: We'll see all of you later!

Nature Cat and his friends part ways with Dash and Arthur where then they decide to keep exploring.

Daisy: Let's keep looking for more clues, shall we?

Nature Cat, Hal and Squeeks: Right!

We enter another platforming section that leads from the grassy plains to the lakeside area in the Second Chapter with Nature Cat as well as Daisy with your assist. You fight more Anomaly Minions and face more obstacles such as occasional Anomaly goo covering the ground.

They all then see Barney about to be attacked by that dinosaur boss Anomaly minion. Just as the dinosaur boss minion was about to attack Barney, we see two men, one in a green high-tech suit zooming right in, attacking the minion with a lion strike. The other one, in a blue suit, then strikes with a gorilla punch. It is revealed to be Martin & Chris Kratt, working together to protect the big purple dinosaur.

Nature Cat and his friends run over.

Nature Cat: Woah! That was awesome!

Barney: Say, we have more friends here to help out! Together, anything can happen!

Squeeks: Sure man, why not? We're on a roll.

Then, the boss gets ready to battle but Barney, Nature Cat and his friends and the Kratt Brothers are ready for battle.

You then play as Barney, Nature Cat or The Kratt Bros to defeat the dinosaur Anomaly boss. It's stronger than the Chapter 2 boss and summons more dinosaur-themed Anomaly mini-minions to attack you.

After the mini-boss:

Barney: Wow, I thought the dinosaur was going to be friendly! Thank you for saving me, everyone!

Nature Cat looks astonished.

Nature Cat: And here I thought dinosaurs were all gone! It's a good thing you're a friendly one, my new purple pal!

Martin: What's your name? We have never met a purple dinosaur before... and one that's friendly!

Barney: My name is Barney and it's super deeeee duper to meet you both!

Chris: Well, I'm Chris!

Martin: And I'm Martin! Chris's brother!

Nature Cat: And I'm Fred, but everyone calls me Nature Cat! And these are my friends Hal, Squeeks and Daisy!

Nature Cat then looks at the screen.

Nature Cat: We even have someone telling us what to do to help us stop the problem who's not here with us but, we're in this together! (winks to the player)

Everyone shares a big hug.

Chris: Well, it's very nice to meet you Barney! But, we need to figure out how to stop that strange purple creature!

Martin: After all, we are zoologists. Meaning, we learn about animals! Sadly, all the animals we love learning about including our buddy Zoboomafoo are gone.

Nature Cat: But, we're still here and we are going to do all it takes to stop that purple goo monster! We lost our home and friends as well...

Barney: Well, all my friends are missing too. But, we will rescue the friends we love!

Nature Cat: (starry eyed) And I bet we all mean true love!!!

Everyone laughs

Chris: Of course! Love always wins, right?

Barney: Now then, let's go on an adventure to find out more about this purple thing.

Martin: Remember everyone, as I always say, pick what you love to do, persevere at it, don't take "no" for an answer and it'll happen.

Nature Cat: Everyone, let's go onward and yonward to save our worlds and everything we love! Truly love!!!

Everyone then runs and starts to explore.

Barney, Nature Cat and the Kratt brothers then go through a platforming section where they must traverse through the various parts of the lake area while fighting off the Anomaly's minions and making it to the end, where they then must deal with more of the Anomaly's enslaved minions.

Nature Cat sees a forest ahead.

Nature Cat: A forest!? Finally, some real true NATURE!!!

Barney: Let's go explore there!

Everyone then heads to the forest but more Anomaly appear.

Chris: Ah! More of those monsters...

Martin: They are destroying everything!

Squeeks: Hey, like I said, we're on a roll, right? Let's show 'em who the bosses are around here!

Everyone nods.

After the cutscene, you then play as Barney, the Kratt Brothers or Nature Cat to partake in a Multinomaly Mayhem fight in the forest. There are 30 minions all themed after forest animals. Basically, it's a no-frills fight. Defeat all of them without getting KOd.

After the Multinomaly Mayhem style fight section:

Nature Cat: We did it!

Everyone cheers.

Daisy takes notes and pictures on her phone.

Daisy: Maybe we should explore the forest a little more. Then, we can do more research on the purple goo.

Barney: That sounds super-dee-duper! Me, Chris and Martin will go explore more places.

Chris: It was nice meeting you Nature Cat and your friends! Good luck finding the source of the purple monster!

Nature Cat: Absolutely! And we thank you three for all the help.

After everyone had parted ways, Nature Cat wonders something to himself...

Nature Cat: Hm, come to think of it... have I met those two brothers before? Why do they sound so familiar... I'll need to ask them if we meet again...

The gang explores deeper into the forest and they notice a purple crystal shard.

Daisy then pulls out her phone. The app she had developed began giving off a strange signal.

Daisy: I guess that crystal shard must be the source of those monsters. Let's go see it!

The gang observes the shard. Hal touches it, which seems to cause the shard to shake.

Nature Cat: What's going on n-?

Before Nature Cat could continue, the purple goo rapidly came out of the crystal and took Nature Cat and his friends into the Anomaly Monster.

Nature Cat and his friends: AAAAAA-

We then see Nature Cat and his friends wake up where they see all the PBS Kids characters captured. They even see Ronald.

Ronald: Hey, Nature Cat, is that you? Did you cause this madness to happen?

Nature Cat: Nonsense, Ronald! But, I'm surprised &... I'll admit it, really glad to see you're in here too!

We then see events similar to what happens in Chapter 16. WordGirl and Xavier enter the Anomaly...

Xavier: Well, here we are.....this must be the inside of this monster. Wow, it sure is dark and creepy in here! But I must do what I'm told if we're going to end all this! I guess this will be the last of us......

WordGirl: This will not be the end of us, Xavier! Even if we have to be gone in the process, just know we'll always stick together, no matter what. Maybe we should explore the inside first...

Inside the Anomaly was a large dark purple cave where they can see the various PBS Kids characters the Anomaly has captured, all stuck together by mysterious purple goo and stuff that resembles vassals in the human body. Xavier Riddle then looks far and points to some characters he recognizes.

Nature Cat: Well, it seems those two are going onward to stop that purple monster thing. They're both wearing red... think they're siblings?

Ronald: Who cares!? No matter how they're related, I guess they're allies. They look like they know how to stop this Anomaly thing.

Nature Cat: "Anomaly," eh? Well, good that we have a name for it now, at least.

Ronald: Hey, that's just what some of these other guys here call it. Not that I care, though... I just wanna go home!

Daisy: Hey guys, we all do. Not sure if that'll ever be possible now, but at least we can stick together, right?

Nature Cat: Hmph, I suppose... as long as you give up all your anti-nature ways, Ronald!

Ronald: Like I haven't also had moments where I learn important lessons... look, I'll do anything to get something that's even a quarter similar to our world, so count me in!

Hal: Woah, those two are awesome! Look at the girl going POW! BAM! Oh, and that boy has some cool gadgets!

Squeeks: Let's see what happens... looks like they're winning, man!

We watch WordGirl and Xavier Riddle take down the Anomaly and then rewatch the sacrifice the two make. Meanwhile...all the other PBS Kids characters are freed! Nature Cat grabs his friends.

Nature Cat: We're freed! Let's get out of here, though!

After the cutscene, you must complete the platforming section at the end of the epilogue as Nature Cat by traversing through the inside of the Anomaly to the exit. In the stage, there will be debris falling to impede you progress and which you must avoid. You have a limited time to make it out of the Anomaly.

We see what happens in the epilogue with all the PBS Kids characters freed. Nature Cat and his friends celebrate with the others.

Ronald: I can't believe it, we all escaped!

Squeeks: I told you we could do it!

Nature Cat: Well, now that we're freed... can we go home?

Then, Nature Cat and his friends see the Neon Gaming City in the distance.

Daisy looks at the city and pulls out her phone. She finds a working internet connection! With it, she gets to researching...

Daisy: So, that city over there... it's giving out a strong internet signal! And there are some advertisements here for loads of fun and new nature areas for us to explore!

Nature Cat: (sighs) Well, this may not be our old home, but if this city really is filled with great nature... what are we waiting for? Onward and yonward to the city!

Nature Cat and his friends run off to the city with the other PBS Kids characters.

Six Months Later...

We then hear a Brawltime! instrumental remix of the Nature Cat theme and we see Nature Cat and his friends explore the city doing all the fun things. They then go to the Animal Sanctuary ran by Chris and Martin.

Nature Cat: Say...there's more nature in here.

Martin: Long time no see, Nature Cat! All of your friends are welcome here!

Squeeks: Got room for a mouse?

Everyone laughs as we zoom out on the sky and then the last note hits of the Nature Cat theme and the chapter ends.

End of Chapter

Nature Cat: Wait! I promised I'd ask this... Martin, Chris, have we met before? Somehow, I feel we have...

The brothers look at each other, then look back with smirks, as if a funny memory had just been restored.

Martin: You know... I think we have!

Chris: And I think our last encounter was a bit batty, so to speak!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so we will use my story mode chapter for Nature Cat with the edits Cyborg Sun made.

Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun I appreciate the revisions you made to my chapter.

As for the fourth Legacy Skin...

Crossover Cosplay Skin: 3
Upcoming PBS Kids show cosplay skin: 2
Animal/Major Holiday Legacy Skin: 4

Congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn and his idea for winning the slot for the fourth Legacy Skin!

Now, onto Event Matches!

Job 436:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Nature Cat. Similar to the past two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters, I feel the events should be focused on the content that comes with him. So, any event can involve Nature Cat himself, the assists that come with him, stages, items, etc.

Event Matches for Nature Cat

Event #Extra01: A Big Cave Conundrum
Event Description:
Oh no! It's me, Nature Cat here to tell all of you that my good friend Hal's flying disc, Harold got flung into some spooky cave. We also might see some spooky purple monster thing in there. Perhaps you can help us out and use some of our fighting moves for that Brawltime Party we have been invited to! Onward and yonward!
Player: Nature Cat
Assist: Daisy
Stage: Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures
Opponent(s): 10x strong Anomaly Minions (15x on harder difficulties) in the Cave section of the stage, then Event Exclusive Anomaly boss based on various cave creatures and features of caves.
Event objective: In this event match, you must defeat the Anomaly minions that appear only in the Cave section of the Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures stage. You only get about a minute in the Cave section before you move on to the other areas. Fear not, if you did not defeat all the strong Anomaly minions on the first go, you can go at them again and pick up where you left off. Then, once you have defeated all the Anomaly minions, you must defeat an event match exclusive boss that's an Anomaly monster that has attacks themed around cave creatures like bats (Anomaly bats flying out) and attacks themed after rocks. When you get to the boss fight, you stay in the cave section for the rest of the Event Match. After that, you must pick up Harold in 10 seconds. If you self-destruct, get KOd or do not pick up Harold in time at the end of the Event Match, you fail the Event Match.
References: The Nature Cat episode Cave Conundrum with the Anomaly invading. The event description is also a reference to Nature Cat breaking the fourth wall throughout his show as well as his Story Mode chapter where he got invited to the Brawltime Party initially.

Event #Extra02: No Bite and Bark for Letters
Event Description:
Peg and Cat have an important job to deliver some letters. But, a big dog keeps getting in their way and they can't seem to deliver them on time. Can you help them before it gets too late?
Assist: Peg + Cat
Stage: City Island
Opponent(s): Giant Ruff Ruffman (Represents Big Dog)
Event objective: In this event match, you have to simply collect the four important letters throughout the match and use Peg + Cat's assist function on the giant Ruff Ruffman who is exclusive to this Event Match. You can only KO him by using Peg + Cat's assist function. Giant Ruff Ruffman is bigger, is more grounded and does not get knocked back easily, etc. and has a stamina gauge so you must defeat him by lowering his stamina down to 0 HP. If Giant Ruff Ruffman delivers a big blow, you lose your letters and they scatter across the stage. At the end of the boss fight, you must grab the important letter for Mum at the end. You have 10 seconds to do so. If you self-destruct, get KOd or do not get Mum's letter in time, you fail the event match.
References: The Peg + Cat episode The Big Dog Problem.

Event #Extra03: A Slim Chance for Some Slime
Event Description:
Chris and Martin are out on their greatest discovery yet by answering the question "Why do earthworms come up to the surface after a rainstorm?" The only way to answer that is to study a worm whom they met named Pinky. However, some bird took Pinky away and he is about to die! With Aviva's invention of the Sliminator, you must revive Pinky in time and answer their question FAST!
Player: Chris and Martin
Stage: Original Event Stage taking place on sidewalk pavement
Opponent(s): Big Bird x5 (smaller Big Birds) (representing the various birds in the Wild Kratts episode Mystery of the Squirmy Wormy), regular and more powerful Big Bird (represents the robin in the same episode)
Event objective: You have two minutes to complete this Event Match. You must defeat the Big Birds who are easier to defeat but still pack a punch. Then, you must defeat a regular-sized Big Bird who is more powerful. Then, after doing so, you must use the Sliminator item on Pinky who appears in the event match. You have about 30 seconds by the time you defeat all the Big Birds to use the item on Pinky to save him. It is also important to note Pinky will be on the sidewalk but the Big Birds can attack him as they are going to eat him. If Pinky gets "eaten" by one of the Big Birds, you self-destruct, you get KOd or fail to rescue Pinky with the Sliminator in time before the elapsed time is over, you fail the Event Match.
References: The Wild Kratts episode Mystery of the Squirmy Wormy.

Event #Extra04: It's Time to Ketchup With You!
Event description:
It's time for Animal Town's Town Picnic and Ari is getting impatient for Ms. Llama's ketchup. It seems the ketchup got all goopy so it cannot leave the bottle so fast. Perhaps you can find water to make the ketchup go by faster but...it seems some other folks intruded the picnic and want the ketchup too.
Stage: Animal Town
Opponent(s): Big Bird, Arthur, Barney, Lionel, Ord, Cheeko, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Curious George
Event objective: In this event match, you simply need to defeat your opponents in the spots Elinor and her friends tell you to KO them to find the source of water to deliver to Ms. Llama to make her ketchup less gooey. After you defeat all the fighters, you will see the water bucket appear and recieve it and complete the event match. If you KO the fighter(s) in the wrong areas, self-destruct or get KOd, you fail the event match.
Reference: The Elinor Wonders Why episode The Town Picnic. All the opponents are also animal characters who love food as well and would go on a picnic and bring their favorite foods too.

I was going to do a Big Comfy Couch event match if the Big Comfy Couch stage got in referencing the Ten Second Tidy segment on the show but maybe next time I will do that if we get a Big Comfy Couch stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom