• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
I must say, I like ALL those submissions, guess you can move on?....

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so all the free content I proposed will be added to the update. Now, onto our next two jobs!

Job 303:

Submit two event matches based on the free Scholastic content. It must be centered around the content similar to the V.Smile content update so it can be focused on the stages, assists, etc. These event matches will be coming in the free update!

Job 304:

Submit a newcomer prompt for our fifth Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter! We are soon nearing the end of the first Learner's Pass! Make it specific but leave room for creativity!

Get submitted and use your imagination!

Event #Extra01: The Trouble with Landing
Event description:
It seems Dorothy Ann wants to land a lander on Mars. However, it seems some rowdy fighters came to make it impossible! Can you help Ms. Frizzle make the landing possible?
Player: Ms. Frizzle (in Scholastic Origins Legacy Skin)
Stage: The Magic School Bus Lands on Mars Activity Center (only on the Land on Mars section of the stage)
Opponent(s): Random Opponents x3
Event objective: Basically, it's a no-frills fight for the first part as you must KO the three opponents! Then, you have to attack the lander to land on the appropriate pad! Get KOd, SD, or cause the lander not to land safely or make the lander land in the wrong place, you fail the event match.
References: The PC game The Magic School Bus Lands on Mars Activity Center, specifically the Land on Mars game.

Event #Extra02: I Spy, You Spy...
Event description:
Let's all play I Spy!
Player: Choice
Stage: I Spy Fantasy
Opponent(s): Ms. Frizzle, WordGirl (both in their Scholastic Origins Legacy Skins)
Opponent(s)' Assist(s)'s: Ada (for WordGirl)
Event objective: Basically, you have to solve the I Spy riddles on each section of the I Spy Fantasy stage. In total, you must solve 7 riddles correctly (12 on harder difficulties) by attacking the right object on the I Spy Fantasy stage. If you get a riddle wrong, you get a strike! Get KOd, SD or get three strikes, you fail the event match.
References: The I Spy video game I Spy Fantasy. The event match and the description are a reference to the 2002 I Spy series theme song. The series aired on HBO and is based on the books.

The funny thing is, the second event would be the first event to reference a non-PBS Kids show but it's fine since it's based on a Scholastic book series represented in the game already.

Newcomer Prompt:

Submit a fighter from a PBS Kids show that aired on PBS Kids that was distributed by American Public Television or not distributed by PBS Kids and/or American Public Television at all.

Sort of a semi-guest character round. American Public Television shows did air on PBS Kids like The Big Comfy Couch, Zula Patrol, Bloopy's Buddies, Mack and Roxy, etc. We have Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables as an assist and that show was distributed by American Public Television as well as PBS Kids. However, the APT side of PBS Kids is barely represented so I feel this round will give this side of PBS Kids more content in this game. This does fall into a prompt idea Pop submitted in a way as some of the APT shows are SUPER obscure like Wunderkind Little Amadeus, The Huggabug Club, Adventures with Kanga Roddy, etc. I believe even some of the APT shows recieved Coming Up Next bumpers like The Big Comfy Couch, The Huggabug Club (I think), Anne of Green Gables, etc. Heck, I even think The Dooley and Pals Show supposedly got a variant on the Everyone's A Winner/Wheel ID.

For this round, I believe I will let characters from Pocoyo and Peep and The Big Wide World be eligible as those shows were distributed by American Public Television as well. This round could be a fun way to bring up some super obscure names to the forefront yet again.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, it really pains for me to say this but......

As of today, I'm sadly dropping out as a contributor to this thread, for now that is.

Frankly, even I didn't want things to end this bittersweet, I WANT to see this thread complete, but sadly, this thread is just a commitment I can no longer maintain in my life, so.......yeah, it's painful for me to say goodbye at this point, but, it's just reality at this point. :(

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so about a week has past since our last two jobs and it has almost been a week since Pop's departure from contributing to this thread. We will use my Scholastic themed event matches. Like I said before, I want this thread to be 100% complete but it's going to rely on the good people of Smashboards. But, without further ado, let's move on to our fifth Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter job!

Job 305:

Get ready for a round of some obscure favorites! The round for a technically semi-guest character coming from the world of American Public Television! Submit a fighter from a PBS Kids show that aired on PBS Kids that was distributed by American Public Television or not distributed by PBS Kids and/or American Public Television at all. As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Don't forget to say your character's gimmick/quirk/etc. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My character:

The Zula Patrol

p188596_b_v8_ab.jpg

Yep, it's basically a four or five in one fighter here. The Zula Patrol was an American animated television series that aired on PBS Kids but was distributed by American Public Television from September 2005 to June 2008. The show was designed to teach kids about the basics of science and astronomy. I believe this show is still airing on sone PBS channels via reruns (or it recently ended its reruns...I don't really know). But, this show is quite obscure. However, it has aired on Qubo as well from 2008 to 2012.

I do know someone submitted just Bula last round. Contrary though, my idea for the Zula Patrol as a fighter would consist of the whole group which will include Captain Bula, Zeeter, Multo, Wizzy and Wigg and Gorga. A whole team of alien scientists ready to fight! I simply believe we need some more obscure names from the PBS Kids library so The Zula Patrol works well. While we have a fighter who represents a show based on science being Ms. Frizzle as well as a ton of characters from PBS Kids shows from the 2000s, the Zula Patrol are unique for their quirk/gimmick being:

Gimmick:

The Lead Scientist

Basically, you can choose between Bula, Zeeter or Multo to be a fighter. They all share the same Light attacks and specials. However, the Neutral Special will be similar to how Ginyu is from Dragon Ball FighterZ. They are different variations of the Neutral Special involving the various members of the Zula Patrol that will go in a cycle as in that they are assisting in the fight which is a science experiment. They are all involved throughout the moveset.

As for their general playstyle, it's similar to what IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen posed. They could play a bit like the space animals (Fox, Falco and Wolf) like they do in the Smash games. I was also thinking that their playstyle would be a little unpredictable like Ginyu from Dragon Ball FighterZ. The lead scientist is weak without assistance...but with assistance, they are super strong.

Now..for some ideas, here are some PBS Kids shows that were distributed by American Public Television as well as shows not distributed by PBS Kids or APT at all:

• The Big Comfy Couch
  • Redwall
  • Pocoyo
  • Peep and The Big Wide World
  • Wunderkind Little Amadeus
  • The Huggabug Club
Those are just some of the shows you can look forth for inspiration for a fighter submission. However, have the whole list on Wikipedia to search for a character that fits this criteria.

List of PBS Kids shows

Regardless, I am excited to see everyone's submissions as well as want to make Pop proud so let's get to it! Get cracking on those submissions!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hello all,

I will leave submissions open for the next character until around Thursday! Please submit as I want to keep this thread alive!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I’m going to push entries for an extended period of time until Monday or so. With that being said, please get submitting!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright....since I have recieved no submissions for characters, I think I will just let The Zula Patrol be our fifth fighter for the First Learner's Pass so yay to me! Now, onto our next three jobs:

Job 306:

Submit a homestage for The Zula Patrol. Describe the stage's layout, hazards and/or gimmicks.

Job 307:

Submit a stage based on a show that was distributed by American Public Television. Describe the stage's layout, hazards and/or gimmicks.

Job 308:

Submit a stage prompt for a stage to come with the Zula Patrol. Be creative but don't be too vague or specific.

Get submitting and use your
imagination!

I'll submit stages later but here is my stage prompt:

Submit a stage based around a Sesame Street character. However, the stage cannot be affiliated with Big Bird, Elmo, or Kermit.

Sesame Street deserves another stage as Arthur has more stages than one of the older PBS Kids franchises. This would be a free-for-all stage submission round with some limits as Big Bird, Elmo, and Kermit have stages dedicated to them. This can be from any piece of Sesame Street media so it can be from any Sesame Street episode, home video special, video game, etc.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
I'm not sure how this project works, but I think Shining Time Station deserves representation if that hasn't been brought up already. The closest anything Thomas-related could have to a fighter would probably be Mr. Conductor, and I could see elements from Magic Railroad play into the scenario/possible story.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how this project works, but I think Shining Time Station deserves representation if that hasn't been brought up already. The closest anything Thomas-related could have to a fighter would probably be Mr. Conductor, and I could see elements from Magic Railroad play into the scenario/possible story.
Hello there,

Welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Creation Thread. This thread is a brainstorming thread about a hypothetical platform fighter involving characters from tv shows that aired on PBS Kids.

We are currently on the DLC phase or Learner’s Pass phase with The Zula Patrol as the 5th fighter of the first Learner’s Pass. Currently, the jobs are to:
  • Submit a home stage for The Zula Patrol
  • Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids Show distributed by American Public Television
  • Submit a stage prompt for a stage to come with the Zula Patrol pack
As for the stages, please describe their layout, hazards and/or gimmicks. For the stage prompt, be specific but not too specific or broad. Creativity is important! I am hoping you can contribute when you can.

As for Mr. Conductor/Shining Time Station content, we do have a good amount of Thomas and Friends representation so far. Shining Time Station however will have its chance soon to get its representation. I have some ideas for newcomer and stage prompts that will allow for that Shining Time Station content.

Regardless, welcome to the thread and hope you can contribute some ideas! Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hello everyone....

I know it's been a long while but I thought I would revisit this thread. Recently, the renaming of PBS Kids's block to the famous name of PBS Kids happened just about 24 years ago. So, now, I attempt to bring this thread back to life. As many of you may know, PopCultureCorn and I were the only two major contributors to this thread. Currently, PBS Kids: Brawltime! has been on creative block hiatus due to Pop leaving the dev team and me being left alone. Since we added the Zula Patrol into this game, there have been no contributions. Thus...we need to discuss what should/will happen to PBS Kids: Brawltime! going forward.

There are a few options:

• I restart the thread soon and continue onwards with the hope of more contributors.
  • Someone steps up to be the new co-leader of the thread.
  • Someone takes ownership of this thread.
  • This thread becomes toast.
I REALLY want to see this project 100% complete and so does Pop. However, we cannot do it without the interest of fellow Smashboards users. So, tell us, what should happen to this thread? How can I improve the experience? Please let me know as I want to revive Brawltime!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, well, now that I have a bit more muse in me. I will submit my ideas for a Zula Patrol stage and an American Public Television show stage.

Alongside this, have 2 more stage prompts for stages that will come with the Zula Patrol Learners Pack!

Job 309

Submit a stage based around a Sesame Street character. However, the stage cannot be affiliated with Big Bird, Elmo, or Kermit. This stage can be based on any piece of Sesame Street media so it can be from any Sesame Street episode, home video special, video game, etc.

Job 310:

Submit a stage based on a movie/special episode of a PBS Kids show that aired on PBS Kids or American Public Television. The only shows not allowed are any Sesame Street specials or any PBS Kids shows not yet represented in the game yet.

Look here for inspiration!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Zula Patrol Stage

Zula Patrol Headquarters and Spaceship

x360.jpeg

Basically, it's a stage where you get a tour of the headquarters as well as the spaceship the Zula Patrol uses. The stage layout will be similar to Lylat Cruise's layout making it competitively legal maybe...but I don't know. It's a traveling stage showcasing the headquarters as well as cameos from various Zula Patrol characters.

American Public Television Show Stage

Kidsongs TV Show Set

x1080.jpeg

Kidsongs is a pretty iconic preschool IP of the 1980s and 1990s. I remember watching a DVD of the Kidsongs TV show when I was younger and did not know the show aired on PBS Kids via syndication until later in my life. I did see some of the Kidsongs VHS tapes (pre-PBS Kids) when I was younger too.

But, this stage is based on the TV set where the Kidsong TV show takes place in. You are shrunk down to the size of the Biggles and fight on the news table. Various kids cameo in the back as their hands and props are hazards. There are ledges on the news table though. Various Kidsongs green screen drops make background appearances as well.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I'll leave the stage job open a little longer but here are the other two stages for the other two prompts.

Sesame Street Stage

Resubmitting Countdown

Sesame_Street_Countdown_-_NES_Gameplay.youtube.jpeg

I feel like the next Sesame Street stage should be dedicated to another famous Muppet who is actually an assist in the game, Count Von Count! This stage is obviously based on the Nintendo Entertainment System game, Sesame Street Countdown. In this stage, players fight on the various levels in the game with walkoff blastzones. Occasionally, you will hear The Count's voice announcing a number that you either must find or attack that either is that number or is the sum of two numbers you must attack. The fighter who attacks that number or does the right addition will get an item to appear! The numbers will spawn as they do in the game.

The digitized voice clips will play that are from the game as well. Also, as a special treat, the stage can be played in the graphic form of PBS Kids: Brawltime! or in the original 8-bit form the game appeared in! When played in the 8-bit form, the Sesame Street songs will also recieve 8-bit arrangements as well!

PBS Kids/American Public Television Movie/Special Stage

Hot Air Balloon Chase (Barney's Great Adventure)

hqdefault.jpg

Barney's Great Adventure did air once via American Public Television so this counts. The movie is awful but the most memorable scene was the hot air balloon chase for that egg. Basically, the fighters fight on top of the hot air balloons but the balloons go up and down. It's like the Tarrytown Sky Parade except the log plane that Barney and his friends flew in will fly by you. Barney will appear in the log plane if he is not chosen as a fighter. If you get in the way of the log plane, you get some damage and knocked back too! So, be on your toes!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll just add all my stages to the game. Now, time to move on to assists.

Job 311:

Submit an assist based on a Zula Patrol character.

Job 312:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a show distributed by American Public Television.

Job 313:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from a movie/special episode of a PBS Kids show that aired on PBS Kids or American Public Television. Specifically, I am looking for things exclusive that only appeared in that movie or special episode. You are allowed to submit anything exclusive to any Sesame Street specials that aired on PBS Kids but you CANNOT submit anything from any PBS Kids shows not yet represented in the game yet.

Describe what each assist does and its function. Get submitting and use your imagination!

I'll submit mine soon.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I'm still in shock that we're even discussing this as a possibility.
To be fair, dark did have a good point. I got inspired by a Reddit post made by PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn and one of my friends in real life proposed the idea. I do feel a PBS Kids platform fighter COULD happen but it would be a NIGHTMARE to make.

Anyway...thanks to this discussion, time to put some life back into this thread with my ideas for assists.

Zula Patrol Assist

Dark Truder

Dark_Truder.png

The main villain of the Zula Patrol comes in as an assist. When used, he will have his sentient trouppe Taxie assist him in creating a VERY disastrous situation for you to put the other fighters in by doing various dangerous deeds like creating bad energy blasts across the stages, shoot dangerous lasers and targeting fighters, etc. When the assist meter is full, he will create the WORST black hole known to man to really be that devious! He is the biggest threat to the Zula Patrol for a reason!

American Public Television Assist

Major Bedhead (The Big Comfy Couch)

images.jpeg

The Big Comfy Couch deserves some crumb of content here. While I don't want to deconfirm Loonette completely right now, I want to go with one of my favorite characters from the show being Bedhead himself! When used as an assist, Bedhead will deliver you some mail as in some items (usually healing ones and some not so powerful offensive items) to your need. Occassionally, he will go about his unicycle and ram into the other fighters giving them damage. However, when the assist meter is full, he will give you way stronger items and eventually do more damage with his unicycle!

PBS Kids Movie Exclusive Character Assist

Larry's Amazing Animals (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 7.03.41 PM.png

This talented circus troupe of animals from Clifford's Really Big Movie come as assists here in Brawltime! When summoned, they will stand in a stack like this and do their tricks which will cause damage to opponents in their way. They will even lift your opponents and throw them very high! When the assist meter is full, they will do their true tightrope walk. Any opponent caught in the act will be...well, a star of being blasted off the stage via an arousing performance!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, I never thought this would happen, but.......I'm back. When I left the thread initially, I thought it would be easy to move on with my life, but believe or not, I think it was kind of a mistake! My original plan was that I WANTED to see this thread 100% completed before doing whatever commitments I wanted to follow.

Now if only I know how much left there actually is to completing the game.......

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my assists will be added by default. Also, with what was said yesterday, Pop is back on board! We dearly missed him and we're happy to have him back! Therefore, this thread is back in action after being in an on/off hiatus for about 4 months! It's time for items!

Job 314:

Submit an item based on something (character or thing) from The Zula Patrol!

Job 315:

Submit an item based on something (character or thing) from a PBS Kids show distributed by American Public Television.

Job 316:

Submit an item based on a character or thing
from a movie/special episode of a PBS Kids show that aired on PBS Kids or American Public Television. Specifically, I am looking for things exclusive that only appeared in that movie or special episode. You are allowed to submit anything exclusive to any Sesame Street specials that aired on PBS Kids but you CANNOT submit anything from any PBS Kids shows not yet represented in the game yet.

Describe what each item does as usual.

Zula Patrol Item

Zula-Scooter

Zeeter2.png

Hop on board this vehicle for a fun ride! As an item, it's versatile for recoveries (primarily horizontal recoveries) and for ramming opponents and giving them moderate damage and knockback (15-20%). However, if you are attacked while using the Zula Scooter, the scooter itself will gain some damage and not be as effective. After some strong blows to it, the Zula Scooter will explode. It's made of iron and can be super effective but be careful when using it!

American Public Television Show Item

SAVO Watch (Danger Rangers)

20170302_194250-1-.jpg

We are truly gonna get some obscure PBS Kids shows in this batch of items here. Basically, similar to how the Savo Watches are in Danger Rangers, a fighter can put on the watch and be alerted of danger. This occurs by a red aura flashing around the fighter warning of deadly attacks. With the watch, if the "danger" is prevented without being attacked, you will be rewarded with a minor stat buff for a short time. However, if you are attacked, the watch breaks! It's a risk and reward item.

PBS Kids Show Movie/Special Exclusive Item

Twinken and Twinken's Egg (Barney)

twinken_s_egg_by_yuiharunashinozaki_d373cbt-fullview.jpg

Straight from Barney's Great Adventure, it's the alien who comes down to Earth every 1000 years to grant wishes, Twinken! When this very rare item spawns on a stage, a fighter can pick it up and stand by it. If you hold, you'll have to make sure no one attacks you as the egg is pretty fragile. However, if you get it to hatch, Twinken will awaken granting the fighter's "wish" of whoever held it by healing you health completely and giving you a temporary MASSIVE stat buff. A super powerful item with a lot of risk in it!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Whooo, I sure am late, but I only have a Zula Patrol item and a American Public Television Show Item

Zula Patrol Item
Space Seesaw
Screenshot 2023-11-28 204713.png

While it might look passive at a glance, it can actually provide some great support! It starts out small, but when picked up and thrown, it can either mount itself on the ground or float in the air like in outer space! This nifty simple machine can act as a spring, to when others jump on it, it can help the other gain more height and potentially lead into a surprising aerial attack!

American Public Television Show Item
Barrel of Honey (RedWall)
Screenshot 2023-11-28 204719.png

Redwall is one of those kids shows that does explore plenty of somewhat darker and more serious themes than other shows out there, but I feel the barrel of honey can sure get a good laugh! When broken, it'll release a huge amounts of honey for health and lots of bees for a stinging carnage of damage! The bees seem to attack others at random, so be careful!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so to keep the thread moving, I feel Pop's Zula Patrol item is way more creative than mine. I wil;l also add both APT items from me and Pop as well as the Twinken item so yay to me and Pop!

Now onto the next job:

Job 317:

Create/design a moveset for the Zula Patrol. Keep in mind that their gimmick/quirk/hook/whatever you want to call it should be sort of them have a fighting style similar to Ginyu from Dragon Ball FighterZ but with them playing like spacies in a way (Melee Fox and Falco, Project+ Wolf in a way, etc.). Get submitting and use your imagination! I may write a moveset later.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I'm a little late on this, but here's my moveset for the Zula Patrol. It was a little tricky to put together.

The Zula Patrol
Series: The Zula Patrol
Debut: A Comet's Tale / A Job for the Zula Dudes (September 4, 2005)

the-zula-patrol-ss1.jpg

Captain Bula: "This is a job for the Zula Patrol!"
Zeeter: "Ohh, that's it! It's time to deal with Truder!"
Multo: “Oh, my stars!”

The Zula Patrol are a three-in-one fighter with all three members being middleweights but having slightly different stats. Bula is the heaviest being a middle-heavyweight, Multo is a middleweight and Zeeter is a light-middleweight. They excel at having a great advantage state but are glass cannons. Precisely, they are great for mix-ups with them working together by putting in pressure on their opponents by putting them in the corner. Alongside this, they have some good tools to zone and keep their distance. Simply put it, they play like the spacie archetype in platform fighters. However, if the Zula Patrol is not working together, you will be at a severe disadvantage if you do not get assistance from your fellow members!

Gimmick:

The Lead Scientist

At the beginning of each match, you can choose between Bula, Zeeter and Molto to be the Lead Scientist. You cannot swap between them in battle. But, the other two members of the Zula Patrol who were not chosen as the Lead Scientist can provide mini-assist attacks when they will provide help when the Spaceship Fuel gauge is filled for the other members to arrive. You do not need to press any buttons, they will just come the next time you use any of the light moves!

Light Neutral: Entering the Multopedia!

When this move is used, the member of the Zula Patrol will grab the Multopedia and open it up, summoning various objects seen in the book. The stronger variant involves the book being open more vigorously and the object comes out faster. All objects give the same damage. This move is not spammable.

As for assists for this move, Bula and Multo allow for more exploration by summoning more objects from the book. Due to Zeeter being the go-getter of the trio, she will give the most assistance by giving the most damage when summoning objects from the Multopedia. A good move for some wonderful damage on your opponents!

Light Up: The Multo-Grabber

When this move is used, the member of the Zula Patrol being used will use the Multo-Grabber and grab an asteroid to attack fighters from above with the member lifting it above his/her head! The stronger variant involves the Multo-Grabber being more vigorous, causing more damage! A great move for covering the upper parts of a stage and for starting combos as it is spammable.

As for assists for this move, Bula and Zeeter will grab one more asteroid. However, Multo will be the best assist if he is not chosen as he will rapidly grab asteroids.

Light Down: Litter Clean-up

When this move is used, the member of the Zula Patrol being used will use a litter clean-up machine to clean up garbage on the ground. This move has a bit of range, but not too much. The stronger variant will involve the machines to be a bit more vigorous with their grabs.

As for assists for this move, Bula will really get to work on litter cleaning with the machines helping you get more damage on your opponent, Multo and Zeeter will only use one other machine to extend the range.

Neutral Special: Shooting Stars

Similar to the Neutral Special for Falco being Blaster in the Smash games, the member of the Zula Patrol will summon the stars to shoot across the stage. Each one gives an opponent some damage but not too much. It gives off some hitstun and electric damage due to the stars attacking. It’s also a great zoning tool as well!

Up Special: Blast-Off!

Basically, this move is similar to Fire Fox, Fire Wolf, etc. Overall, the member of the Zula Patrol being used will blast off in their spaceship to recover. It can go in different angles so it’s good for mixups. Also, any opponents in your way will get damage. However, the height is dependent on the Spaceship Fuel gauge so be careful when recovering as you need a certain amount of fuel to recover as well as for distance!

Down Special: Shadow Play

When this move is used, the member of the Zula Patrol will create a shadow so they can distract their opponents from attacking them. This doesn’t cause damage but it causes you to temporarily escape from a situation so you can trick your opponent! Another great mix-up tool!

Entrance:

The member of the Zula Patrol being used will arrive in a miniature version of their Spaceship.

Taunt:

The member of the Zula Patrol will play with Wizzy, Wigg and Gorga.

Victory Animation:

All the members of the Zula Patrol as well as with Wizzy, Wigg and Gorga will celebrate by doing the rotation dance they did at Bula’s Zula Spin Party!

Losing Animation:

All the members will be a good sport and clap for their opponent for winning the battle.

Basically, they are sort of the anti-Pokémon Trainer. I tried going for a Ginyu from Dragon Ball FighterZ based around assist moves as well as the space animal archetype here.​

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
TBH, I think AlteredBeast's moveset is good enough, since I JUST rejoined the thread, I think I need a little more time before I can finally post full movesets. So if things are all good, maybe we can move forward?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
It feels so good to be back in the swing of things. With that being said, my moveset will be added. Now, onto the next two jobs:

Job 318:

Write a Learning Book set for The Zula Patrol

Job 319:

Submit a DLC story mode chapter focused on the Zula Patrol. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and the other Learners Pass fighters, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination and get submitting!

Learning Book Set for The Zula Patrol:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • Faster Research (The Zula Patrol's Light Neutral will come out faster!)
    • A Better Blast-Off (The Zula Patrol's Up Special will deal a bit more damage!)
    • Faster Stars (For their Neutral Special, the stars will come out a bit quicker)
    • Faster Clean Up! (The Zula Patrol's Light Down will come out faster and deal a bit more damage!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • More Fuel for the Spaceship! (Now, the Zula Patrol's Spaceship Gauge will fill up faster!))
    • An Out-Of-This World Buff! (Now, the Zula Patrol gain a stat buff to assist them!)
    • A Bigger Shadow! (For their Down Special, the Zula Patrol can create bigger shadows and they will be out for a longer time!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • More Asteroids! (The Zula Patrol's Neutral Up will cause more damage as well as is more spammable!))
    • Bigger Research! (For their Light Neutral, there will be more damage given to opponents with the research being bigger!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • The Best Team Ever! (Now, assists will come in faster to help and cause more damage when the assist gauge is full for the Zula Patrol's Light attacks!)

Zula Patrol Story Mode DLC Chapter

The Biggest Job for the Zula Dudes

This chapter takes place after the initial story mode in the neon gaming city.

The chapter starts off with a view of the neon gaming city where we zoom into a certain building in the city. It turns out the city is the planetarium that is there. We see various fighters as revealed from before such as Betsy, Ms. Frizzle, Lionel, Elmo, Barney, etc. checking it out. We then pan over to where we see the aliens who are in charge of running the place, the Zula Patrol! We then cut to a cinematic with a remix of the Zula Patrol theme playing making it feel like the opening to the Zula Patrol.

We then cut to a title screen that says "The Biggest Job for the Zula Dudes". As we start, we see the Zula Patrol relaxing at their spaceship right nearby the planetarium.

Bula: Good morning, team!

Zeeter and Multo: Morning, Captain Bula!

Bula: It's another fine day here at the planetarium where....

They suddenly get interrupted from a voice coming from one of the machines in their spaceship!

The voice from the spaceship: Zula Patrol, there is an interesting discovery coming from outer space tonight! There seems to be the rare spotting of a colorful egg coming from outer space that comes down every 1,000 years! Can you all possibly go investigate what this is?

Bula: We're on it! This is a job for the Zula dudes!

The voice from the spaceship: That's great! However, Dark Truber may want this....mysterious egg as well so be careful!

Zula Patrol: We're on it!

Multo: I'll need all my inventions...and we'll need to gather enough fuel for our spaceship!

Bula: Good idea, Multo!

They all nod.

As the cinematic ends, you choose a member of the Zula Patrol to play as. You go through a platforming section where you explore a section of the neon gaming city nearby the planetarium where you must collect fuel for the spaceship. Watch out for the street thugs and some minor debris in the city! After you get all the fuel, you must return back to the planetarium!

After the platforming section:

We then zoom into a certain villain's spaceship being none other than Dark Truder...

Dark Truder: Hmmm....this colorful egg...seems to grant people's wishes in whoever's possession of it! Time for my most dastardly plan! I will send everything against those Zula Patrol aliens and stop them!

He then evily laughs.

Afterwards, we head back to the Zula Patrol preparing for lift-off. Suddenly, they spot a few other people coming to the planetarium being none other than Barney and his friends, Ms. Frizzle and her class, Elmo, Lionel and his family and Buster.

Multo: Oh, my stars! We have company!

All the other characters wave at the Zula Patrol.

Barney: Tonight's gonna be super-deeeeee-duper! That colorful egg is coming down from the sky tonight! The one with the alien who grants everyone's wishes!

Ms. Frizzle: Hmmm....I have not been to space in so long with my class.

Lionel: Going to outer space has always been my dream.

Leona: Like that one story we read about how the queen touched the moon.

Lionel gets startled.

Lionel: Ok....she did not REALLY touch the moon.

Elmo: Elmo would love to go to outer space!

The Zula Patrol are shocked and then they head to Barney.

Bula: Say, you know something about this egg?

Barney: Sure, I do! I remember when it came down to me a long time ago...my name is Barney by the way!

Bula: Pleasure to meet you, Barney! I'm Captain Bula, leader of the Zula Patrol and captain of the planetarium here!

Multo: I'm Multo!

Zeeter: And I'm Zeeter! I really, really, wanna see this egg unless that Dark Truder gets it....

Barney: Who's he?

Bula: The worst villain in the galaxy....but, we have no time to lose. We all need to go to space.

We then see everyone boarding the Zula Patrol's spaceship and then they blast off into outer space. Everyone is examining the various cool gadgets in there. Buster in particular is talking to Zeeter.

Buster: So, I was RIGHT!!!! Aliens ARE real!

Zeeter: What are you talking about? We're not-

Suddenly, Multo and Bula notice something strange.

Multo: Asteroids!!!!

Everyone gets scared and when they realize the asteroids are coming from none other than....Dark Truder....

Dark Truder: Move it, you asteroids! We do not have all day! We must stop those pesky Zula Patrol members!

We even see Wizzy, Wigg and Gorga hide.

Wizzy: This is not good!

Wigg: Not good at all!

Gorga wimpers.

Bula: Multo, do you have your Multo-Grabber?

Multo: Yes, I do captain! I just upgraded it to make it SUPER! But...someone must have misplaced it.

Bula: Then, we must set it on top of the spoaceship to grab those asteroids! We must find it...fast!

Everyone nods.

After the cutscene, you can choose between the Zula Patrol (you must choose a member to play as), Barney, Lionel, Elmo, Ms. Frizzle or Buster. You must go travel through the spaceship to find the Super Multo-Grabber and place it on top of the spaceship. When you are up on the spaceship, you MUST watch out for the asteroids as they are coming in very fast and can knock you off. Once you place the Super Multo-Grabber on there, the level will end.

After the section:

Everyone cheers as the Super Multo-Grabber gets all the asteroids.

Dark Truder: Gah!!! If those fools think they are gonna get that egg, I might as well go there first!

Ms. Frizzle: That evil alien is going away! We must chase him!

Barney: He's going towards that egg that will grant everyone's wishes!

The Zula Patrol nod and make a plan to chase him and get to that egg.

A bit later...we see them get closer to Dark Truber's ship and then....BAM! They collide right into his ship!

Dark Truder: What are they up t-?

We then see the Zula Patrol get right into his spaceship with everyone else while Wizzy, Wigg and Gorga take control of the ship.

Bula: You will NOT get that egg! Not the most evil man in the galaxy will ever get his wish granted!

Lionel: I will not have you as a patron at my library!

Theo: You will NOT hurt my cubs at all!

Dark Truder: Hmmmm...you must fight me for that egg then!

Zeeter: That Truber...we will defeat you in the best fight possible!

Everyone gets prepared to fight.

After the cutscene, you can choose between the Zula Patrol (you must choose a member to play as), Barney, Lionel, Elmo, Ms. Frizzle or Buster to fight against Dark Truder in a boss fight. You must attack Dark Truder in the head. He will summon evil forms of space objects and other things related to space. His attacks are very powerful and have some range.

After the boss fight:

Dark Truder retreats and everyone jumps back to the Zula Patrol's spaceship.

Dark Truder: I....I.....I....

With him lost for words, he collaspes and Truder's spaceship falls down in the galaxy.

Everyone cheers.

Bula: Now then, let's get that egg!

Everyone nods and we see them reach the colorful egg. Barney takes hold of it.

Multo: I'll pull out my Multopedia to read up on it!

Multo then does his research and he reads.

Multo: Apparently, as Barney said, this colorful egg has an alien named Twinken in it that grants people's wishes! However...we must get to Earth before sundown to get our wishes granted!

Bula: Then, we better move fast!

We see them move through space at lightning speed until....we see more space debris.

Zeeter: More space debris! Not fair!

Bula: Well, this is space after all. We must make a clear path!

Everyone then gets prepared to clean it.

After the cutscene, you can choose between the Zula Patrol (you must choose a member to play as), Barney, Lionel, Elmo, Ms. Frizzle or Buster to clean up the space debris on top of the spaceship. There are platforms but they float away. There is a counter on the top right screen showing you how much you need to clean. The space debris can attack you so be careful! Also, the egg will be there so watch it before it cracks! If it cracks, you fail the level!

After the section:

We see the gang travel home just in time to see the egg hatch and land safely.

Barney then does the honors of watching it hatch. We then see Twinken appear and spin around.

Multo: Oh, my stars! This is going to be....

We then see a montage of everyone's dreams:

• Barney's dream is for everyone to be happy and be family.
  • Lionel's dream is to run the library and dance club with his sister Leona when they get older.
  • Elmo's dream is for all his friends to be happy forever.
  • Buster's dream is to become a famous astronaut and open the first grocery store on the Moon.
  • The Zula Patrol's dream is to keep educating others about space.
Afterwards, we see Twinken go back up into outer space with everyone waving. Fast forward to the next day where the Zula Patrol prepare a new exhibit about the egg with a 3D model of the egg and Twinken himself. We then cut to the Zula Patrol giving a presentation about it in the main room to all the fighters seen in the chapter and their friends.

Bula: So, basically, if your able to get this rare space egg, you will have your dreams seen and fulfilled.

Multo: Yeah, it was thanks to Barney that we knew more about this egg.

Zeeter: Well....it was you too, Multo! And, we stopped that Truder from getting it!

Bula: Thanks to some fellow friends!

Barney just blushes and giggles.

Everyone claps.

After the presentation, Bula announces...

Bula: We have an exhibit about Twinken if anyone wants to see it.

We then cut to everyone going out there to see it and then we see Barney out there saying.

Barney: Well, even if we all had fun today, the best part was spending it all with my friends, old and new, the people who you truly love...

We then cut to Barney singing "I Love You" to everyone with everyone joining in the second verse. The remix is akin to the remix heard in Barney's Great Adventure.

After the song:

Bula: Well, it's time to close up the planetarium! See you all then!

Everyone waves goodbye and then we hear the ending cue from various Barney episodes. As the Zula Patrol head back to their spaceship...

Multo: This was one for the books!

Zeeter: Quite a fun day! Especially when I saved all of us!

Bula: I suppose we should do space explorations more often!

We then cut to the Barney ending theme heard in Barney episodes play as we see a picture of everyone on the Zula Patrol's spaceship with then Barney doing his wink from the Barney episodes and the Zula Patrol smiling as the chapter ends.

End of Chapter

Basically, since we have the Twinken item, I felt since Barney's Great Adventure was distributed by American Public Television, why not have be a Zula Patrol/Barney crossover with other characters here? Also, this is my first time writing a story mode chapter in forever. I'm a little rusty but I hope you all enjoy it.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Again, this all sounds good to me, I don't mean to sound like I don't really want to contribute to these things at the moment, but once we get to Learner's Pass Vol 1. Fighter 6, I'll be more confident then ever to submit things again. Until then, if we're good, we can move on.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, now with no more submissions and my ideas added, time for our next job!

Job 320:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for the Zula Patrol. Similar to the past two bonus fighters and the four Learner's Pass DLC fighters in a way, I feel the events should be focused around the content that comes with them. So, any event can involve the Zula Patrol themselves, the assists that come with them, stages, items, etc. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

My DLC Event Matches for the Zula Patrol:

Event #Extra01: A Brawling Tale for Comets!
Event Description:
After a long day of exploring, the Zula Patrol are ready to head back home to their planetarium in the neon gaming city. However, some comets are going to attack them on the way as some got too close to their spaceship! Can you help them survive the attack so they can get home safely with some help from their new friends?
Player: The Zula Patrol (you choose who you want to play as before the event begins)
Allies: Barney, Ms. Frizzle, Lionel, Elmo, Buster
Stage: Zula Patrol Headquarters and Spaceship
Opponent(s): N/A
Event objective: As the Zula Patrol, you must survive the attack from the comets going towards the stage for 90 seconds (120 on harder difficulties) with assistance from your allies. You can attack or dodge the comets. If you get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event!
References: The Zula Patrol episode A Comet’s Tale but it takes place after the events of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Story Mode. Also, the allies are a reference to the various PBS Kids: Brawltime! Fighters that appear in the DLC Story Mode chapter for the Zula Patrol.

Event #Extra02: The Case of the Lost Mailbag
Event Description:
Oh no! It seems Major Bedhead has lost his mail bag! He seems to be clumsy but if you can teach him how to retrace his steps, maybe you can find where he last left it?
Assist: Major Bedhead
Stage: Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival (just the big top section)
Opponent(s): 3 random opponents (5 on harder difficulties)
Event objective: Major Bedhead will have a thought bubble by his head telling you what opponent may have the mailbag. You will have to hit the opponent that Major Bedhead is thinking about. If you hit the wrong opponent, you get a strike! If you get 3 strikes, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event! However, if you hit the opponents in the right order Major Bedhead tells you, you can get the mail bag and complete the event.
References: The Big Comfy Couch episode, Ain’t It Amazing, Gracie?. The stage choice is at a big top where clowns usually perform.

Event #Extra03: The Countdown Begins….
Event Description:
Will you count down or will you keep your number up? Ah! Ah! Ah!
Player: Elmo
Assist: Count Von Count
Stage: Countdown
Opponent(s): Digit, Hacker (in vampire costume), Ms. O
Event objective: As Elmo, you need to solve 5 (7 on harder difficulties) math problems that are announced by the Count in the background of the stage and then KO your opponents. You can solve the math problems by finding or attacking the number that appears on stage. If you get a problem wrong, you get a strike! If you get 3 strikes, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event!
References: The Sesame Street game for the NES, Sesame Street Countdown. All your opponents are from PBS Kids shows that teach math alongside Hacker in his vampire outfit as Count Von Count is a vampire himself.

Event #Extra04: Barney’s Battle for The Egg
Event description: It has now been 1,000 years and a magical egg has come down from outer space to Barney and his friends. Some thieves however have appeared to take this egg for their own as they heard it can show you your dreams and grant them! Can Barney and his friends protect the egg long enough so they can get their wishes granted to beat the scoundrels?
Player: Barney
Assist: BJ
Allies: Arthur, Dash (In Dot alt.), Wordgirl (represents Cody, Abby and Marcella)
Stage: Hot Air Balloon Chase
Opponent(s): 3 random opponents (5 on harder difficulties)
Event objective: In this event, you need to protect the Twinken egg item that appears on the screen and hold it long enough. The Twinken egg item will take a bit longer to hatch in this event.Once you gain the stat buff from Twinken, you must defeat all the opponents with your allies that are left when the egg hatches. If the egg breaks, you get KOd or you self-destruct, you fail the event!
Reference: Barney’s Great Adventure

The fourth event is similar to something Pop submitted way back when PBS Kids: Brawltime! was still in its infancy stages but now, since we have the Twinken item, it works wonders here! I give credit to Pop for the idea for the fourth event honestly. :)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, for my event matches, I figured I'd base those two around the two items I submitted, since, well....... (I still ike AlteredBeast's event matchs and I can totally go with them)

Event #Extra01: SeeSaw We-Saw Launch Potential!
Event Description:
SeeSaw physics can be a lot of fun! Especially when you take to account that when one is heavier on one side compared to the other which is lighter, the heavier one goes down, or in this case, can launch the lighter one to great distances! What fun! Use the SeeSaw item with the rock provided to gain enough weight to send your opponents flying!
Player: The Zula Patrol (you choose who you want to play as before the event begins)
Stage: Zula Patrol Headquarters and Spaceship
Opponent(s): Ms. Frizzle, Hacker, Xavier Riddle
Event objective: Using the Space SeeSaw item as well as a special heavy rock item specifically to this event, you have to carefully position the opponents, who are easier to launch in this event, on the lowered side of the seesaw, than, carrying the rock item, you can jump on the raised side of the seesaw with your opponents on the lowered side to send them flying! If the opponents are KO'd any other way, they'll just respawn. Getting KO'd or self-destructing fails the event as usual.
References: The Zula Patrol episode Giant Litterbugs from Space, the episode where the Space SeeSaw makes an appearance.

Event #Extra02: Hey Invaders, Honey-ya doing?
Event Description:
Attention! Invaders are storming to the castle! They've got rams, but you've got bees! Pour the honey barrels on the invaders below to make them steer clear of the sticky obstacles ahead!
Stage: Bobsville Castle
Opponent(s): 10 random opponents (15 on harder difficulties), Up to 3 in play at a time
Event objective: You are stationed on top of the Castle where falling to the ground below where the "invaders" come in fails the event, aside from getting KO'd or self-destructing. Using a constant supply of Honey Barrels, you are to drop them on the opponents below as the main means of defeating them with the bees provided with the barrels.
References: The Redwall episode, Captain Snow, where the item makes an appearance

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, enough time has passed for event submissions. My third and fourth event ideas will be used for the Zula Patrtol update. However, we will need to vote on the Zula Patrol event match as well as the other American Public Television Show match. Pop's ideas are really creative as well.

Zula Patrol Event Match Poll
A Brawling Tale for Comets! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
SeeSaw We-Saw Launch Potential! PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

American Public Television Show Event Match Poll
The Case of the Lost Mailbag AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Hey Invaders, Honey-ya doing? PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto our next two jobs, off to the PBS Kids Archives!

Job 321:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Zula Patrol update. We'll need one episode from The Zula Patrol as well as episodes from Kidsongs, The Big Comfy Couch, Redwall and Danger Rangers as they also got content in this update. Feel free to submit episodes from shows already represented in this game who got content in this update alongside adding one bonus episode as well that has nothing to do with the content.

Job 322:

Submit 4 PBS Kids Website games and 2 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 4 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 2 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

PBS Kids Archives Episodes

The Zula Patrol:

A Comet's Tale/A Job for The Zula Dudes

Kidsongs:

A Kidsong Kid's Best Friend

The Big Comfy Couch:

Ain’t It Amazing, Gracie?

Redwall:

Captain Snow

Danger Rangers:

Where the Fun Never Stops

Now for beyond just the new shows added....

As a surprise....

Barney and Friends:

Barney’s Great Adventure
(You have to beat the Zula Patrol DLC Story Mode chapter and the Barney event match to unlock this movie into the Archives)

Clifford the Big Red Dog (2000):

Clifford's Really Big Movie

Sesame Street:

Episode 4411

Between the Lions:

Out in Outer Space

Okay...we have a lot of content here to suffice. The Zula Patrol episode is referenced in the Story Mode chapter (the latter half) as well as the first half is referenced in my event match. The Big Comfy Couch episode I chose focuses on Major Bedhead. The episodes for Redwall and Danger Rangers focus on the items we added to the game. Plus, I just added a random episode from Kidsongs as any episode would work.

For the other shows....the big surprise are the two movies. We don't have too many movies but the fans are getting two movies which have gotten content in the game this update. The Barney movie will have to be unlocked but the Clifford movie is there. The Sesame Street episode focuses on the Count and it's a decade old but still...pretty in tune with modern Sesame Street. The Between the Lions episode acts as the odd one out and not really since its an episode that has to do with outer space and Lionel makes an appearance in the Zula Patrol DLC Story Mode chapter but Between the Lions got nothing new in the update game wise aside from the episode if we choose to get it in.

PBS Kids Website Games

As a surprise, a nostalgic tour of ZulaWorld and all the ZulaWorld games (Zula Patrol)

6a00e54ee632ab883301156f8faf22970c.jpg

Odd Invasion (Odd Squad)

maxresdefault.jpg

Whoahler Coaster (FETCH! With Ruff Ruffman!)

Flash.PNG

Detective Elmo: The Cookie Case (Sesame Street)

The_Cookie_Case.png

The Zula Patrol does not have a webpage on PBS Kids....so as a surprise, everyone will get a tour of ZulaWorld but not all the features will be accessible. All the games though on it will be playable. I do feel this is a fair consolation and can be allowed as an exception if everyone agrees.

Odd Squad and Ruff Ruffman both don't have games yet so why not give them both some games. The game for Odd Squad looked cool. The second Sesame Street game is a modern website game and it has focus on Elmo. We need more modern PBS Kids website games.

PBS Kids Video Games

Sesame Street Countdown (Sesame Street) (NES)

maxresdefault.jpg

Play With The Teletubbies (Teletubbies) (PS1/Microsoft Windows)

il_fullxfull.3666068327_sjf1.jpg

The Sesame Street game was a no-brainer here. The Teletubbies game felt appropriate to add now as we add the Tubbytronic Superdome 32 stage in the last update. If you beat the Teletubbies event match from that update, you will also unlock the Windows version of this game automatically once downloading the Zula Patrol update.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Man, I am SOOO late on this, but aside from the web games (Which I'm totally on-board with), most of what AlteredBeast submitted is what I would've submitted to, but I would submit.......

Zula Patrol

Giant Litterbugs from Space

I mean, that's the episode where the Space SeeSaw appears, so why not have that?

Also, I really do love the idea of having to clear the Zula Patrol DLC Story Mode chapter and the Barney event match in order to watch Barney's Great Adventure in the archives, it at least rewards you for something that feels like a surprise :)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright so, for event matches, my second, third and fourth event matches have been added but Pop's Zula Patrol event match has been chosen for the Zula Patrol so congrats to him! Also, for the PBS Kids Archives content, all my content has been added aside from the Zula Patrol episode which I'll let Pop's episode join it. Alongside Giant Litterbugs from Space, the episode RV of the Giants will be paired with it as well as it has aired on TV. Well done to the both of us! Now, it's time for Legacy Skins!

Job 323:

Time for the fifth round of Legacy Skins! Submit up to 3 skin ideas based on major platfighter/fighting game tournaments or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things not from their shows. The top 3 ideas will be added to The Zula Patrol's pack.

The characters you can NOT submit Legacy Skins for (meaning the traditional three skins that come with a fighter) are:

• Big Bird
  • Elmo
  • Mr. Rogers
  • Arthur
  • Dash/Dot
  • Barney
  • The Kratt Bros
  • WordGirl
  • Miss Frizzle
  • Digit
  • Lionel
  • Xavier Riddle
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Ord
  • Donkey
  • Bob the Builder
  • Betsy
All these fighters already have Legacy Skins so I feel we should give other characters a chance to show off their legacy! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My PBS Kids: Brawltime! Legacy Skins

GOML X Agent Ms. O

p0683bb3.jpg
AY773BxN_400x400.jpg

Since Odd Squad is a Canadian show filmed in Toronto and there is going to be a fourth season of the show taking place in the United Kingdom, it's perfect time for some Odd Squad promotion with Ms. O sporting a snazzy gold and white suit based on the logo for the popular Canadian Smash/FGC tournament series Get On My Level that is held in Toronto. Specifically, her jacket is based off of the logo honoring the 10th anniversary of the tournament series (odds and events meet, heh).

Aside from a change in appearance, Ms. O's attacks have a gold and white-ish visual effect to them where you can faintly see the GOML X logo. The attacks will make like a gold slash sound. Ms. O's transport sphere for her Up Special in this skin is changed to a more gold-esque color. An overall fun Legacy Skin to promote an upcoming anniversary for the Smash/FGC scene this year!

Robot Repairman Hacker

6plqunv7wni81.jpg.webp.jpeg
s-l1200.jpg

Based off of the end of the story mode as well as Ms. O's chapter in a way, we see Hacker sporting a repairman jumpsuit instead of his usual outfit seen in Cyberchase alongside a vibrantly colored hat (like a baseball cap) he would wear that's blue and white, sporting the logo of his robot repair shop.

When in this Legacy Skin, Hacker's attacks will have an electric-esque visual effect to them given how much he's repairing robots and mech. His Up Special has a shock visual effect to it as well.

Animal Sanctuary Helpers Malik, Zadie and Zeke

dg5s8uv-fcf36dfb-b3fc-4e95-8202-a6a1356f9333.png
classd.jpg

The simplest of the 3 Legacy Skins I submitted being based on Malik, Zadie and Zeke's Story Mode chapter. They basically sport an outfit given to the three of them by the Kratt Brothers for helping them out with repairing the animal sanctaury in the neon gaming city after Zach Varmitech attacked it. No visual effects to attacks, they just simply sport a cool outfit (see the photo next to the wombats) with hats sporting the logo of the animal sanctuary seen in the Story Mode.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, call me fast, but I have a few Legacy Skin ideas under my belt at this very moment ;) Besides, I have been slow on these things anyway, so I guess me being able to contribute to this almost immediately is a way to freshen things up

Marvin the Riptide Water Horse
1702008825793.png
1702008456599.png

Ok, this is probably my most random Legacy Skin, BUT I just think it would look fun otherwise. It changes Marvin's legs and hooves into magical water hooves and it colors Marvin a light blue with his mane and tail having the other colors in the Riptide logo, and some of his attacks have a water splash effect to them!

Anomaly Possessed-Cheeko (Mirrorverse image for style-reference only)
1702008131042.png
1702008187170.png

Guess you can call it the Bad Ending Cheeko, since Cheeko didn't show up at first in the story mode until the climax where everyone is in the Anomaly Dimension, so I think this makes a lot of sense to me ^^ This skin could give an alternative take on if the Anomaly took control of Cheeko.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright so, for event matches, my second, third and fourth event matches have been added but Pop's Zula Patrol event match has been chosen for the Zula Patrol so congrats to him! Also, for the PBS Kids Archives content, all my content has been added aside from the Zula Patrol episode which I'll let Pop's episode join it. Alongside Giant Litterbugs from Space, the episode RV of the Giants will be paired with it as well as it has aired on TV. Well done to the both of us! Now, it's time for Legacy Skins!

Job 323:

Time for the fifth round of Legacy Skins! Submit up to 3 skin ideas based on major platfighter/fighting game tournaments or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things not from their shows. The top 3 ideas will be added to The Zula Patrol's pack.

The characters you can NOT submit Legacy Skins for (meaning the traditional three skins that come with a fighter) are:

• Big Bird
  • Elmo
  • Mr. Rogers
  • Arthur
  • Dash/Dot
  • Barney
  • The Kratt Bros
  • WordGirl
  • Miss Frizzle
  • Digit
  • Lionel
  • Xavier Riddle
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Ord
  • Donkey
  • Bob the Builder
  • Betsy
All these fighters already have Legacy Skins so I feel we should give other characters a chance to show off their legacy! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My PBS Kids: Brawltime! Legacy Skins

GOML X Agent Ms. O

View attachment 381428View attachment 381429

Since Odd Squad is a Canadian show filmed in Toronto and there is going to be a fourth season of the show taking place in the United Kingdom, it's perfect time for some Odd Squad promotion with Ms. O sporting a snazzy gold and white suit based on the logo for the popular Canadian Smash/FGC tournament series Get On My Level that is held in Toronto. Specifically, her jacket is based off of the logo honoring the 10th anniversary of the tournament series (odds and events meet, heh).

Aside from a change in appearance, Ms. O's attacks have a gold and white-ish visual effect to them where you can faintly see the GOML X logo. The attacks will make like a gold slash sound. Ms. O's transport sphere for her Up Special in this skin is changed to a more gold-esque color. An overall fun Legacy Skin to promote an upcoming anniversary for the Smash/FGC scene this year!

Robot Repairman Hacker

View attachment 381430View attachment 381431

Based off of the end of the story mode as well as Ms. O's chapter in a way, we see Hacker sporting a repairman jumpsuit instead of his usual outfit seen in Cyberchase alongside a vibrantly colored hat (like a baseball cap) he would wear that's blue and white, sporting the logo of his robot repair shop.

When in this Legacy Skin, Hacker's attacks will have an electric-esque visual effect to them given how much he's repairing robots and mech. His Up Special has a shock visual effect to it as well.

View attachment 381432View attachment 381433

The simplest of the 3 Legacy Skins I submitted being based on Malik, Zadie and Zeke's Story Mode chapter. They basically sport an outfit given to the three of them by the Kratt Brothers for helping them out with repairing the animal sanctaury in the neon gaming city after Zach Varmitech attacked it. No visual effects to attacks, they just simply sport a cool outfit (see the photo next to the wombats) with hats sporting the logo of the animal sanctuary seen in the Story Mode.
Ok, call me fast, but I have a few Legacy Skin ideas under my belt at this very moment ;) Besides, I have been slow on these things anyway, so I guess me being able to contribute to this almost immediately is a way to freshen things up

View attachment 381440View attachment 381436
Ok, this is probably my most random Legacy Skin, BUT I just think it would look fun otherwise. It changes Marvin's legs and hooves into magical water hooves and it colors Marvin a light blue with his mane and tail having the other colors in the Riptide logo, and some of his attacks have a water splash effect to them!

Anomaly Possessed-Cheeko (Mirrorverse image for style-reference only)
View attachment 381434View attachment 381435
Guess you can call it the Bad Ending Cheeko, since Cheeko didn't show up at first in the story mode until the climax where everyone is in the Anomaly Dimension, so I think this makes a lot of sense to me ^^ This skin could give an alternative take on if the Anomaly took control of Cheeko.
Alright, with enough time passed, it's time to vote for the Legacy Skins joining the Zula Patrol. Vote for your top 3 and you can put your own in first.

GOML X Agent Ms. O
Robot Repairman Hacker
Anomaly Possessed-Cheeko

Now, onto our next job and a side job:

Job 324:

Submit an enhancement to a mode already in PBS Kids: Brawltime! to be a major part of the Zula Patrol's update. Similar to the thing we did for the Bob the Builder update, it will further enhance a mode and improve it.

Side Job:

Write a reveal trailer script for the Zula Patrol!
These characters can be revealed in a PBS Kids: Brawltime! presentation or even at another gaming event.

1. GOML X Agent Ms. O
2. Anomaly Possessed-Cheeko
3. Robot Repairman Hacker

Enhancement for Mode

Online Tourneys

That's right! Similar to Super Smash Bros Ultimate, there will be a mode dedicated to online tournaments...but even better! This mode will allow for fun (tournaments with items, wacky rulesets, etc.) as well as tournaments for serious competitors.

However....there are even greater features including:

• Tournaments with double elimination
  • Tournaments that allow for in-game streaming capabilities on streaming sites like Twitch or even YouTube
  • There will be tournaments held for qualifiers for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit
  • Also, there will be tournaments where players can even earn an all-paid expenses trip to gaming events that have PBS Kids: Brawltime! as one of the games having a tournament.
This mode will coincide with Year 3 having a new way for players being able to partake in the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit finale being regional qualifiers, similar to the Smash World Tour. PBS Kids: Brawltime! has lag tests as well as just better rollback netcode so we are all prepared for everyone to have a fighting chance to be a part of the Championship Circuit!

Zula Patrol Reveal Trailer

May The Brawling Be Wigg You!

We start off with a montage of all the characters revealed fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus the two free bonus characters, Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Betsy and Super Why.

Then, it cuts to Announcer Bunny appearing out of the system nearby the PKES once again by an old CRT TV.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to tell you all that I recently got a new game for the PKES (PBS Kids Education System)! This game is called PBS Kids Space Adventure! From what I hear, there are some new friends that are on this game! Let's play this game, shall we?

Announcer Bunny blows on the cartridge and pops the cartridge in the PKES. Then, he boots up the system as we see the CRT turn on. We then start off the game where we see Barney's face in the 16-bit style similar to Fox's appearance in the original Star Fox game for the SNES with the purple rocket ship seen from the Barney home video, Barney in Outer Space in a space-esque background.

FEpjH3eXsAEYtiB.png

The characters have text boxes similar to the Star Fox game and speak like the Star Fox characters (just mumbles and they don't actually read their lines). When a character speaks, it will say their name and show their face.

Barney: Well friends, it looks like we are going into outer space for an adventure!

BJ: Alright! I always wanted to go into outer space again!

Baby Bop: Yay! Outer space! This is going to be fun!

Barney: Alright team, it seems we have some special friends coming in with a call!

We then see a UFO coming in where Buster and Dash supposedly met some other aliens.

Dash: Hey guys, we have to deliver a special invite that came a little late. I forgot to deliver it for some reason as I am not too familar with these guys.

Buster: I suppose I'll get to meet more aliens and tell my friends at home about it in Elwood!

Barney: This is SUPER DEE DUPER! Let's get going!

We see the spacecrafts fly.

Then, it cuts to a screen that says:

Level 1

Planet Zula

We see a 16-bit image of the orange planet.

We then see it cut out to 16-bit gameplay of Barney's spaceship having to dodge comets and asteroids as well as Dash and Buster's spacecraft dodging it as well. Then, as the level is completed, we see a familar looking spaceship as the gameplay ends.

We then see Barney, Baby Bop, BJ, Barney's friends, Dash and Buster all in the familar spaceship as we see three aliens appear before them with two fly pets and a space dog.

Dash: Here we are, guys!

Buster is seen looking at the aliens (we do not see the aliens yet): So, they ARE real? Do you really tell astronauts to go to Seattle?

Barney: These aliens remind me of other friends we met, especially one alien I remember that was named Moonkin.

We then see a 16-bit cutscene of Dash exchanging the invite with a green alien.

Bula: Huh? So we are invited to this Brawltime Party?

Mutlo: With my inventions and knowledge, we will be able to know everyone there, with the power of science!

Zeeter: What's there to lose? I'm raring to go!

Barney: I'm Barney! What are your names?

The purple alien first speaks.

Zeeter: I'm Zeeter.

Then, the orange alien.

Multo: I'm Multo

Finally, the green alien.

Bula: I'm Bula! And, together, we are....

Just as they are about to say that, we cut to the three aliens making poses and then, the text appears:

Introducing The Zula Patrol! (The Zula Patrol stand next to the text while Announcer Bunny says "The Zula Patrol!")

We then cut to gameplay footage where we see Bula on the Magic School Bus stage in the space section fighting against Barney, Dash and Buster with a super smooth jazzified remix of The Zula Patrol theme.

We see Bula use his Special moves first on the opponents.

Bula: Woah! This Brawltime Party is out of this world!

We then cut to Bula showing off the Light moves and the assist gimmick a little more where we see him fight against Ms. Frizzle, Digit and Ms. O on the Cyberspace stage.

Bula: When we work as a team, anything is possible!

Multo: For sure, with the power of all my inventions!

Zeeter: And teamwork!

We then cut to the reveal of the Zula Patrol's homestage being the Zula Patrol Headquarters and Spaceship. We also see footage of the event match "SeeSaw We-Saw Launch Potential!" with Ms. Frizzle, Hacker and Xavier Riddle as opponents. There is also the reveal of the Space Seesaw item and its function.

Bula: It's that space seesaw we used to remove litter!

Multo: Now, we're showing you physics and our home!

The gameplay stops for a second with it freezing on Bula on the stage.

Zeeter: But wait...how can we get in on the fun?

We cut to the Character Select Screen where it shows the Zula Patrol and how the Lead Scientist function works.

Bula: We can take turns as to who will be the Lead Scientist of our experiments!

We see some gameplay footage of Multo being used for the Zula Patrol on the Busterfield Library stage against Lionel, Betsy and Ruff Ruffman alongside Zeeter being shown off on the PTV Park stage against WordGirl and Arthur.

More of the assist function is shown as well as the Spaceship Gauge which affects the Up Special.

Bula: The more power we have, the better for attacks!

Zeeter: And, for the spaceship!

Finally, the big surprise gets shown off, Dark Truder as an assist where we see Bula as the fighter using him with Hacker using Delete on the Zula Patrol stage.

Dark Truder: Well, if it isn't those worms? I guess helping you is pro bono here.....for now....

Multo: Aren't you a softie, Dark Truder?

Dark Truder grumbles.

We see his assist function and what he can do.

We then cut to other scenes such as:

• Footage of the Zula Patrol's Story Mode chapter (the first section where you collect fuel for the spaceship) with Multo being used.
  • Bula taunting alongside Buster on Buster's Video Postcards
  • Zeeter looking around WordGirl's Super Secret Hideout Stage with WordGirl there
  • Their Up Special being used on Cliff's Cliff to try to rescue Cliff Hanger (as our sort of running gag)
  • Multo doing his idling pose alongside Ms. Frizzle with the Ralphie assist
Then, we see the Zula Patrol do their Vicotry Animation as the Zula Patrol theme ends. The screen cuts to black.

We then cut back to the 16-bit game where the Zula Patrol are talking to Barney.

Barney: I heard that some time soon, there is going to be a special egg coming from outer space.

BJ: Yeah! It could grant wishes like what happened to us!

Multo: Hmmmm....we can help you all with that!

Bula: For sure, as long as Dark Truder does not impede our plans.

We then cut to a 16-bit cutscene of Dark Truder on his ship.

Dark Truder: Those worms will never stand a chance. When I get my hands on that space egg, IT"S OVER! They will not win as I am the greatest villain in space EVER!

We then hear a 16-bit version of Dark Truder's laugh as we zoom out of the CRT TV and the TV glitches. As soon as the TV shuts off, it cuts to a black screen.

Then, we see the Zula Patrol be added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters, Donkey, Ms. O, Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Betsy and Super Why there. There is a familiar music cue from a certain logo as they get added.

We then cut to Announcer Bunny again.

Announcer Bunny: I wonder if that egg can grant my wish as well and that Dark Truder does not get his hands on it. However, the Zula Patrol are here as your fifth fighters in the first PBS Kids: Brawltime! Learner's Pass! Their Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well as the update containing them will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

The presentation continues.

This trailer introduces:

• The Zula Patrol, their moveset and their Lead Scientist gimmick
  • The Zula Patrol Headquarters and Spaceship as their home stage
  • Dark Truder as an assist and his function
  • The Space Seesaw item as its function
  • A look at the event match SeeSaw We-Saw Launch Potential!
  • A quick glimpse at their Story Mode DLC chapter and a hint of Dark Truder being a boss/main antagonist of the chapter
  • A hint of Twinken and Twinken's egg playing a major part in the Story Mode DLC chpater for the Zula Patrol as well as an item

Notes:

• This trailer pays homage to rail shooter and space themed video games such as Star Fox, Gradius, etc.
  • Dash being "unfamilar" with the Zula Patrol is a reference to the Zula Patrol being distributed by American Public Television on PBS Kids. The music cue as they get added is a reference to this as well as the logo played at the end of the Zula Patrol episodes on PBS.
  • Barney referencing Moonkin is a reference to the Barney and the Backyard Gang video, Three Wishes.
  • The name of the trailer is a reference to the Zula Patrol episode May The Force Be Wigg You alongside it being a Star Wars reference, a piece of media referenced in pop culture and sometimes referenced in the Zula Patrol.
  • Barney and Buster being in this trailer hints at their roles in the Zula Patrol's Story Mode DLC chapter, particulary Barney playing a huge part in it.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. GOML X Agent Ms. O
2. Robot Repairman Hacker
3. Animal Sanctuary Helpers Malik, Zadie and Zeke

Other than that, I'm good with what AlteredBeast has submitted

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my reveal trailer as well as my idea for online tourneys have joined Brawltime!

As for the Legacy Skins...

GOML X Agent Ms. O: 6
Robot Repairman Hacker: 3

Animal Sanctuary Helpers Malik, Zadie and Zeke: 1
Marvin the Riptide Water Horse: 0 :(
Anomaly Possessed-Cheeko: 2

The Legacy Skins in bold are the ones joining PBS Kids: Brawltime! with the Zula Patrol update so congrats to me and Pop! Now, onto our next two jobs!

Job 325

Based on the success of the two edutainment brand collaborations we had with VTech and Scholastic promoting their tie-in products, it’s time for more edutainment brand collaborations. However, this time….

Nominate an edutainment website with some form of a relationship/connection to PBS Kids to receive content in a free update after the sixth fighter of the first Learner’s Pass comes out!

For this job, you must:

• Nominate an edutainment website with the above requirements
  • Post a picture of the logo of the website
  • Describe the PBS Kids connection the edutainment company has and a bit about the company (even if it is tenuous)
  • Will they have some form of a tie-in for PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • Why is this website deserving of getting free content?
  • List the free content that will come into this update like how many assists, how many stages, etc. Also, list specifically what you want as well.
Also, this update will be a little smaller compared to the other edutainment brands. That means you can have 2 max per category, so no more than 2 Legacy Skins, 2 stages, etc.

Job 326:

Submit a newcomer prompt for our sixth Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter! This will be our last fighter from a PBS Kids show this pass. Don't make it too broad but leave it open for creative ideas and submissions!

With that said, get submitting and use your imagination!

Edutainment Website Submission

ABCmouse.com

abcMouse_logo.png

ABCmouse.com first launched in 2010 and is an educational website that covers all sorts of subjects from language arts to math to social studies, science, etc. You may recognize this website as a proud sponsor of PBS Kids programming such as Arthur, Curious George, Elinor Wonders Why, Super Why, Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum, etc. They still currently fund many programs on PBS Kids and have done so for more than a decade.

With that being said, ABCmouse.com will not just be giving us new content, they would be a surprise 5th sponsor for this year's PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! They will be in charge of the first casual Online Tourney involving the content they give us and throw in a good sum of money to the prize pool. They will also add read-aloud stories based on the PBS Kids shows in Brawltime! that have recieved funding from them as an additional bonus for them. Finally, those who are first-time purchasers of PBS Kids: Brawltime! can recieve a 50% discount on an ABCmouse.com membership for their youngsters or themselves.

Basically, they have been long-time sponsors and the PBS Kids connection is there. Thus, it's a no-brainer to include ABCmouse.com.

Content:

• 1 Assist from the ABCmouse.com website
  • 1 Item based on the games or such from there
  • 1 stage based on something from the website
  • 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 Event Match
  • 2 Website Games added to the PBS Kids Archives from ABCmouse.com alongside additional content
Newcomer Prompt:

Submit a character from a PBS Kids show from the NET and/or PTV Park era. The show must have never aired during the PBS Kids rebranding that started in 1999.

Another big area underrepresented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! are shows that did not air during the PBS Kids rebrand. The only fighter that represents this era is Ms. Frizzle. There are not a ton of choices but it's a good way to churn out some more iconic and some lesser-known names for content. These include the original Electric Company, Shining Time Station, Ghostwriter, 3-2-1 Contact, Newton's Apple, etc. It's a good way to end off the PBS Kids content by pulling out one of the very older names before our final character for the first Learner's Pass who will be a guest fighter.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Curious World

1702354713356.png

While not TECHNICALLY a website, it is a mobile and web app that contains tons of educational videos, ebooks, games and lots more. They of course had their share of sponsoring PBS Kids shows in the past, like Wild Kratts.

They could help sponsor the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit, throwing in a good sum of money to the prize pool and they could add many videos, ebooks and games based on the characters and properties of PBS Kids: Brawltime! They could even give out a discount on memberships to the app itself!

Content:

• 1 Assist from any of the Curious World games, videos or books (Excluding Curious George, he's already there)
  • 1 Item based on the games, videos or books
  • 1 stage based on a character from one of their games or videos or books!
  • 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 Event Match
  • 2 or 3 Games added to the PBS Kids Archives from the Curious World app itself!
Newcomer Prompt:

Submit a female character from a modern PBS Kids show!

Ok, this one is probably very personal for me, but in terms of female representation AND modern PBS Kids representation, there's still not enough! There are plenty of great characters that fit in this catagory, like Luna and Elinor, so why not give this a go?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my reveal trailer as well as my idea for online tourneys have joined Brawltime!

As for the Legacy Skins...

GOML X Agent Ms. O: 6
Robot Repairman Hacker: 3

Animal Sanctuary Helpers Malik, Zadie and Zeke: 1
Marvin the Riptide Water Horse: 0 :(
Anomaly Possessed-Cheeko: 2

The Legacy Skins in bold are the ones joining PBS Kids: Brawltime! with the Zula Patrol update so congrats to me and Pop! Now, onto our next two jobs!

Job 325

Based on the success of the two edutainment brand collaborations we had with VTech and Scholastic promoting their tie-in products, it’s time for more edutainment brand collaborations. However, this time….

Nominate an edutainment website with some form of a relationship/connection to PBS Kids to receive content in a free update after the sixth fighter of the first Learner’s Pass comes out!

For this job, you must:

• Nominate an edutainment website with the above requirements
  • Post a picture of the logo of the website
  • Describe the PBS Kids connection the edutainment company has and a bit about the company (even if it is tenuous)
  • Will they have some form of a tie-in for PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • Why is this website deserving of getting free content?
  • List the free content that will come into this update like how many assists, how many stages, etc. Also, list specifically what you want as well.
Also, this update will be a little smaller compared to the other edutainment brands. That means you can have 2 max per category, so no more than 2 Legacy Skins, 2 stages, etc.

Job 326:

Submit a newcomer prompt for our sixth Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter! This will be our last fighter from a PBS Kids show this pass. Don't make it too broad but leave it open for creative ideas and submissions!

With that said, get submitting and use your imagination!

ABCmouse.com

View attachment 381563

ABCmouse.com first launched in 2010 and is an educational website that covers all sorts of subjects from language arts to math to social studies, science, etc. You may recognize this website as a proud sponsor of PBS Kids programming such as Arthur, Curious George, Elinor Wonders Why, Super Why, Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum, etc. They still currently fund many programs on PBS Kids and have done so for more than a decade.

With that being said, ABCmouse.com will not just be giving us new content, they would be a surprise 5th sponsor for this year's PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! They will be in charge of the first casual Online Tourney involving the content they give us and throw in a good sum of money to the prize pool. They will also add read-aloud stories based on the PBS Kids shows in Brawltime! that have recieved funding from them as an additional bonus for them. Finally, those who are first-time purchasers of PBS Kids: Brawltime! can recieve a 50% discount on an ABCmouse.com membership for their youngsters or themselves.

Basically, they have been long-time sponsors and the PBS Kids connection is there. Thus, it's a no-brainer to include ABCmouse.com.

Content:

• 1 Assist from the ABCmouse.com website
  • 1 Item based on the games or such from there
  • 1 stage based on something from the website
  • 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 Event Match
  • 2 Website Games added to the PBS Kids Archives from ABCmouse.com alongside additional content
Newcomer Prompt:

Submit a character from a PBS Kids show from the NET and/or PTV Park era. The show must have never aired during the PBS Kids rebranding that started in 1999.

Another big area underrepresented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! are shows that did not air during the PBS Kids rebrand. The only fighter that represents this era is Ms. Frizzle. There are not a ton of choices but it's a good way to churn out some more iconic and some lesser-known names for content. These include the original Electric Company, Shining Time Station, Ghostwriter, 3-2-1 Contact, Newton's Apple, etc. It's a good way to end off the PBS Kids content by pulling out one of the very older names before our final character for the first Learner's Pass who will be a guest fighter.
Curious World

View attachment 381583

While not TECHNICALLY a website, it is a mobile and web app that contains tons of educational videos, ebooks, games and lots more. They of course had their share of sponsoring PBS Kids shows in the past, like Wild Kratts.

They could help sponsor the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit, throwing in a good sum of money to the prize pool and they could add many videos, ebooks and games based on the characters and properties of PBS Kids: Brawltime! They could even give out a discount on memberships to the app itself!

Content:

• 1 Assist from any of the Curious World games, videos or books (Excluding Curious George, he's already there)
  • 1 Item based on the games, videos or books
  • 1 stage based on a character from one of their games or videos or books!
  • 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 Event Match
  • 2 or 3 Games added to the PBS Kids Archives from the Curious World app itself!
Newcomer Prompt:

Submit a female character from a modern PBS Kids show!

Ok, this one is probably very personal for me, but in terms of female representation AND modern PBS Kids representation, there's still not enough! There are plenty of great characters that fit in this catagory, like Luna and Elinor, so why not give this a go?
Alright, enough time has passed. Please vote in the Strawpolls which education website you want to get content alongside which newcomer prompt we should do first!

Educational Website Poll
ABCmouse.com
Curious World

Newcomer Prompt Poll
A character from the PTV Park/NET era
A female character from a modern PBS Kids show

In the meantime, I have some discussion questions regarding some PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Discussion Questions:

1. How should we handle guest character content and how it should be submitted? Should we pre-select categories for this job without nominations or should all users be given a chance to submit a category for our first guest character? Where should our first guest character be revealed, on an online presentation or at a big PBS Kids: Brawltime! event?

2. Regarding future free updates, should we expand future updates to include PBS Kids content and not just have free updates for
edutainment companies? Should this expand to modes too?

3. In terms of the PBS Kids Archives content, how do we think we have handled the additions of episodes as well as website games and video games? What do you want to see specifically game wise in the Archives? Should we up the count to 5 games in the future? Should we have specific jobs regarding website and/or video games?

4. What is your opinion on Legacy Skins? Should we have more special jobs for them or keep doing what we are currently doing for them? Is there anything specific you want to see?

Please discuss your answers so I can make this thread more enjoyable and better! Get discussing!

1. Personally, I feel for the guest character job, I feel we should all submit a category for the guest category and give sort of the gist of the content that would come with the character (number of assists with jobs, number of stages with jobs, etc.) since this a collaborative effort. For PBS Kids Archives content, we can determine how website games and video games can work based on the category. I do believe it would be a strong move to reveal the guest character at our second Championship Circuit finale for sure. It would get us a bigger crowd. For those wondering about potential categories for guest characters, there are...

• A PBS Kids Sprout character (one of the big ones)
  • A character from the Learning Company (the second of the big contenders)
  • Other kids media characters that would work as PBS Kids shows (one of the ideas I loved when Pop proposed it, there are lots of cool ideas here)
  • A PBS adult block rep (probably the trickies one that will be VERY case-by-case)
  • Characters with connections to PBS Kids in some way (another case-by-case, Bob and Larry from Veggietales, Snoopy, The Gruffalo, etc.)
  • Characters from other kids media on other kids networks /in other forms (some may be in favor of this, I am against this but I am not opposed to anyone submitting this as their category)
6 categories in general.

2. Personally, I would love some free updates based around some PBS Kids content every now and then besides just edutainment company content. I was thinking for these updates, we can have a theme to the updates based around an era of PBS Kids with a stage, maybe an assist and an item. Themes can range from eras of PBS Kids like the Preschool Block, Idents, PTV Park era content, website content, etc. It can be really beneficial to squeeze in some content in there to represent as much of PBS Kids as possible without impeding the other DLC fighters left.

3. I think we have handled the additions of content in the PBS Kids Archives quite well. We have a wonderful collection of website games, video games and episodes too. Personally, for the future, I want to have 5 website games and 3 video games. 1 website game and 1 video game will be for a PBS Kids show represented in Brawltime! not represented by a fighter for when we get to the Second Learner's Pass fighters. As for some specific stuff, I really want some content based around the lost piece of media, PBS Kids Play, lost bumpers and media found, definitely some more Thomas and Friends game (personal bias), etc. This will be a PBS Kids game vault here!

4. I like how we are doing Legacy Skins. Personally, I love the creativity behind them. I really want us to consider possibly dedicating at least 1 Legacy Skin per update to a video game tournament/event. I also love the Legacy Skins based around the Story Mode, always creative. We can decide on this later on.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. I mostly agree with all the same points AlteredBeast has, but in general, I think having some guest characters would be tons of fun! ^^

2. whatever works, I guess

3. I do think we have handled this very well. I also agree with much of AlteredBeast's points for that one

4. I think they're very fun to make AND they would be very fun when implemented, since they all provide a unique spin to a character and they fell very "premium" in an endearing way.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Based on the polls, ABCmouse.com will be the next small edutainment update after the 6th Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter! Now, it's time for the submission round for our 6th Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Oooooh boy, I am SOOOOO late on this one, but anyways, here goes........

Job 327:

Well, we've come so far to the point where we will start adding guest characters, BUT, before we do that, we have to cover ONE MORE area of PBS Kids first before we move to that territory.....

For this character job, please submit a character from a PBS Kids Show the NET and/or PTV Park era! As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:
Carmen SanDiego (Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego? (1996) )
1702608453644.png

The worldwide cunning thief and leader of V.I.L.E herself whom, although still relevant today with her Netflix series, was actually quite a big deal back in the day, starting out with a series of computer games made by Broderbund with the goal of teaching children world geography and stopping Carmen from stealing worldwide treasures alongside with the players' companions, the ACME agents. She even had a game show on PBS Kids back in 1996, where middle-school-aged kids compete in a series of games involving geography questions to determine where the red thief is.

She should get a spot in the game, because, well.....she's frankly just that popular and relevant even today! Not much of a comment on that matter.

In terms of her playstyle, I don't really have that much ideas, but considering she's a very swift thief who seems to be VERY good at hiding, she can possibly have a gimmick that involves having to move fast, use advanced stealth techniques, including becoming invisible and even have a system where she needs to be doing things undetected, otherwise she doesn't want her opponents catching her, and dare I say it....."red-handed" 🥁 ;)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Letterman (The Electric Company)

Electric-Company-The-Adventures-of-Letterman.jpg

Before there was WordGirl, there was Letterman. Letterman was a character who appeared in the skit The Adventures of Letterman on the 1970s PBS show The Electric Company. He would stop the Spell Binder from ruining an everyday situation by changing the letters of a word to make things right. I was waiting to represent The Electric Company with a fighter as I feel we need more pre-PTV Park/NET-era PBS reps which this job will cover. We would then complete the trifecta of the 70s PBS shows (Sesame Street, Mister Roger's Neighborhood, and The Electric Company). There were even Sesame Street and Electric Company crossovers before too with Big Bird, Oscar, and Grover appearing on the show! Therefore, Letterman fits the bill for this job. He can come with a fun Electric Company-based stage and even a Spell Binder boss fight for the story mode although we would need to redesign Spell Binder's looks to make him less racist and controversial. This pick is kind of cheating too as there was the Electric Company reboot in 2009 but that did not have Letterman in it as the reboot's original run was from 2009 to 2012 (reruns ran until 2014).

The Electric Company was meant to be Sesame Street for older kids but was never that popular due to not having one main character or a selling mascot. Therefore, it was not that popular but the 70s show ran reruns on Noggin when it first debuted as a network on TV. It teaches kids reading skills, phonics, etc. (similar to Between the Lions in a way). If Letterman gets in, we will also have our first animated segment character as well who's not a main character.

He would be a middle-heavyweight (think Terry Bogard weight) with super speed and great aerial mobility but have a poor disadvantage state. Overall, a solid choice for PBS Kids: Brawltime! I also have a fun reveal trailer idea for him as well that's been in my head for a long time.

As for his gameplay gimmick/quirk, he would not have much of a gameplay gimmick. However...his attacks will be clear references to The Adventures of Letterman.

The big visual quirk for him though...

Hand Drawn Fighter

I would assume that PBS Kids: Brawltime's animation would be based around the PBS Kids webpage games (think a hybrid between the flash animation on the websites with clean 2D models). Letterman would be based more around the 70s style of animation with hand-drawn-esque animation as he will appear as he does in The Adventures of Letterman segments and such. A more visually appealing fighter than stylish gameplay gimmicks.

As for ideas for fighters for people who want to submit, here are a few series you can look at:

• Shining Time Station (the biggest one here)
  • Lamb Chop's Play-Along/The Charlie Horse Music Pizza Show (could be a case of a side character getting in over a main character maybe)
  • 3-2-1 Contact
  • Square One Television
  • Ghostwriter
Just some ideas to get you all submitting!

Last edited:

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
My submission (boy, it's a LOOOONG time since I submitted ANYTHING)
Mr. Conductor (Shining Time Station)

Haha, funny small man narrates some of the best train stories, lol. I do really love how the actor for Mr. Conductor is always parallel to the current narrator of Thomas the Tank Engine (Ringo Starr in season 1, George Carlin in Seasons 2-3)

Even though he's tiny, when has that ever stopped anyone from being a fighter?

Top Bottom