• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Newcomer prompt:

Submit a fighter from the most obscure-ist PBS Kids series you can think of!

So far, every fighter we've had are from some well known PBS Kids shows, but apart from Betsy, who's show is already very obscure as it is, and Cheeko's site being also pretty obscure, I feel like the most obscure PBS Kids shows don't have anything yet! We need to fix this by adding a fighter from the most obscure PBS Kids show one can think of!

Also, AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's newcomer prompt is almost exactly what I have in mind at one point, I could gladly go with that first

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Newcomer prompt:

Submit a fighter from the most obscure-ist PBS Kids series you can think of!

So far, every fighter we've had are from some well known PBS Kids shows, but apart from Betsy, who's show is already very obscure as it is, and Cheeko's site being also pretty obscure, I feel like the most obscure PBS Kids shows don't have anything yet! We need to fix this by adding a fighter from the most obscure PBS Kids show one can think of!

Also, AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's newcomer prompt is almost exactly what I have in mind at one point, I could gladly go with that first
Wouldn't this newcomer prompt be a little too similar to what we recently did? Plus, I do not really want the next fighter to be from an obscure series given we just added one. If you can come up with another newcomer prompt, I would like that. But, if not, we'll go with mine for the next fighter unless anyone else has another idea.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Wouldn't this newcomer prompt be a little too similar to what we recently did? Plus, I do not really want the next fighter to be from an obscure series given we just added one. If you can come up with another newcomer prompt, I would like that. But, if not, we'll go with mine for the next fighter unless anyone else has another idea.
Honestly, I have no ideas left at the moment 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, well, based on this, I will leave the fighter prompts job open. If no one else has any ideas, we will go with my prompt for the next fighter. Also, my event matches for the V.Tech content will be used as well.

Now, it's time for our next job:

This one is going to be a fun one!

Job 271

Based on the success the V.Smile Classic has, lots of edutainment companies who are particulary into edutainment video games are planning on making comebacks in the video game market! Consider this a renaissance of old edutainment products! Because of this, we here at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! development team are now planning on helping these edutainment comapnies promote their new products based on older products by adding free content into PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Therefore, for our next job:

Nominate an edutainment company to recieve content in a free update after the fourth Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter comes out!

This edutainment company must have a connection to PBS Kids such as either distributed products for a PBS Kids show, made a video game based on a PBS Kids show, even made a PBS Kids show (e.g. Scholastic), etc. and have a bit of, if not focus in video games.

For this job, you must:

• Nominate an edutainment company with the above requirements
  • Post a picture of the logo of the company
  • Describe the PBS Kids connection the edutainment company has and a bit about the company.
  • What is the tie-in product this company is making?
  • Why is this company deserving of getting free content?
  • List the free content that will come into this update like how many assists, how many stages, etc. Also, list specifically what you want as well.
With that said, get submitting and use your imagination!

My edutainment company:

Scholastic

6095155553a8bf00040ff389.png

Oh my goodness, where to start with this edutainment company...they have been a HUGE part of my childhood and I'm sure it's the same for most of us. Scholastic is primarily known for being a book publisher but they are also known for the book fairs that come to elementary school across America, another huge part of my childhood. They have made lots of shows in associate with PBS Kids such as The Magic School Bus, Maya and Miguel, Clifford the Big Red Dog (The 2000 and 2019 series) and WordGirl. They also have experience with edutainment titles based on their properties as well as some original IPs like I Spy (which is also a book series), Math Missions, Animal Genius, etc. They even made games based on non-Scholastic IPs. Heck, they even made a Dragon Tales PC game (well, published and distributed) which is in the PBS Kids Archives. They should be deserving of free content because of the deep connection Scholastic has had to PBS Kids as well as on the world of edutainment.

The tie-in product:

Scholastic's PC Game Collection

s-l500.jpg

Basically, this compilation of past Scholastic PC games is coming to modern consoles and PC to celebrate the old edutainment era of PC games. There will about 25-30 ish games on there ranging from Scholastic's IPs and some of the non-Scholastic IP games such as Dragon Tales: Learn and Fly With Dragons, Nickelodeon: Toon Twister 3-D, Disney's Adventures in Typing with Timon and Pumbaa, etc.

Alongside this, there will be a collector's edition packaged in a Limited Edition Brain Play-esque box with various posters of the PC boxart, some anthology books about Scholastic PC games and making of the collection, a statue of a Scholastic character whether it's Ms. Frizzle, Clifford, one of the characters from Math Missions, a retro PC inspired boxart with the Scholastic characters, etc.

As for the content I want with this update:

• 1 assist based on a non-licensed Scholastic character from a Scholastic video game
  • 2 items based on items from non-licensed Scholastic video games (I Spy can count for this too)
  • 2 stages (1 based on a non-licensed Scholastic video game and 1 additional stage from a PBS Kids show made by Scholastic)
  • Additional content to the PBS Kids Archives can be decided but specifically, I would want 1 non-licensed Scholastic PC game and we can add video games from the Scholastic PBS Kids shows
  • 2-3 Legacy Skins based on Scholastic's IPs

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok ok, so I was actually going to submit SOMETHING to this, being the Learning Company, but because I don't think they're active anymore, I guess I can just go with Scholastic, since we're running behind and it's good enough for my shoes.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, we will go with Scholastic since that was the company I submitted. I will have to admit, The Learning Company is a great choice….however, I want to give them BIGGER treatment in PBS Kids: Brawltime! as me and Pop have talked about before in this thread.

But, regardless, whenever Pop is ready, it’s time for our fourth Learner’s Pass Vol. 1 fighter job prompt! This fighter will also be announced at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit finale so get excited PBS Kids: Brawltime! fans!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Boy, I am SOOOOOOOOO late on this, but believe me, this next fighter job is gonna be a rather interesting one.....

Job # 272: For our 3rd Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter, please submit a character who's PBS Kids franchise is only represented in a minor way currently!, like an item or an assist! Surely with this character job, it can give those minimum-represented PBS Kids franchise the content and recognition they deserve! As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:
Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why)
1682107754107.png

Previously submitted as a fighter by multiple users and her show is only represented with the vegetable soup item currently. I originally was going to submit Super Why, but I have a good feeling somebody else my submit him for this time around. I went with her since modern PBS Kids shows still need more representation and.......well, she's cute! She'd make a very good choice for sure.

How I envision her fighting style? Given she has natural rabbit instincts, she can have a really high amount of mobility, meaning she can go pretty fast and can jump pretty high, like a permanent Bunny Hood, and her attack style can revolve around aerial combo with high momentum, being able to hop between different fighters to damage them one-by-one. Also given the theme of her show, an observation and research gimmick would come in handy for her, but I have yet to think of how it actually works without feeling like a rip-off of Betsy's gimmick.

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
Super Why

It's not fair to only have the Princess Presto assist represent Super Why, so now's his chance!

For his gimmick, one idea I have is he can have the most aerial control than any other fighter currently, being able to slowly descend to the ground and having multiple "fast flights" which replace double jumps with several straight aerial fast flights that can be aimed in any direction. He loves books too, that's another thing to take to consideration.

Also, if we do get him in, he already has an orange alt waiting.

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
Sarah Phillips (Liberty's Kids)

I think only a "gun" represents her at the moment, but I think she should get in because I watched the show a lot in elementary school AND she's a cute female protag.

Gimmick-wise? No real clue, but maybe something to reference her studies and those stuff?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm late to the party on this one but here's my submission:

Sid (Sid the Science Kid)

png-transparent-liberty-science-center-youtube-child-television-magnifying-purple-television-c...png

This young boy is quite a science enthusiast as well as aspiring comedian. We only have his signature magnifying glass in the game as an item but this iconic PBS Kids show which was one of the three shows produced by The Jim Henson Company involving motion capture graphics. Sid the Science Kid first premiered back in 2008 and recieved 2 seasons that spanned over 4 years. Funny thing is, Sid's name was supposed to be Josh and the show was initally going to be titled What's The Big Idea? Plus, he also recieved a movie in 2013 which starred Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Bonanodon.

It's important to note that this fighter we are submitting for will be revealed at the Championship Circuit Finale for PBS Kids: Brawltime! and Sid the Science Kid still airs in reruns on PBS Kids networks. Thus, he's a super iconic PBS Kids character known to both older and younger generations. He has a lot of content to go through with science tools for items, stages (I have an idea for his stage), assists (I have an idea for this too), etc. He is filled with content.

As for Sid as a fighter, he would be a middleweight, slighty a little heavy but not as heavy as Ruff Ruffman. His moveset will revolve around inquiry based topics covered in the show as well as science tools.

As for his gimmick:

Looking For My Friends

Based on the song sang in every episode, Sid will simply gather the assistance of his three friends Gerald, Gabriella and May to help him fight. It's similar to the part in Sid the Science Kid episodes where he asks them questions about the episode's topic. By using a science tool, one of his friends will show up. There will also be a little card like shown in the recess parts of the episodes to show each friend Sid talked to about helping him fight. Get all three friends and Sid will become a super scientist by gaining access to a specific science tool for his special move!

You can also do a gimmick for science tools but I feel my idea is a bit more unique. I was considering submitting Super Why but someone beat me to it so Sid was the next best option for me.

As for more ideas for anyone wanting to submit, here are some PBS Kids shows represented in the roster with miminal representation that can be looked into to recieve a fighter:

• Pinkalicious and Petterrific
  • Caillou
  • Berenstain Bears (although it has an assist and item)
  • Adventures from The Book of Virtues
  • Hero Elementary (not sure if this one will be allowed)
  • Boobah
There's not many but this is a definitely fun way to fill a hole in terms of representation for one of these PBS Kids shows here in PBS Kids: Brawltime! So, happy submitting and thank you to everyone who submitted thus far for this job!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Boy, I am SOOOOOOOOO late on this, but believe me, this next fighter job is gonna be a rather interesting one.....

Job # 272: For our 3rd Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter, please submit a character who's PBS Kids franchise is only represented in a minor way currently!, like an item or an assist! Surely with this character job, it can give those minimum-represented PBS Kids franchise the content and recognition they deserve! As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:
Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why)
View attachment 371109

Previously submitted as a fighter by multiple users and her show is only represented with the vegetable soup item currently. I originally was going to submit Super Why, but I have a good feeling somebody else my submit him for this time around. I went with her since modern PBS Kids shows still need more representation and.......well, she's cute! She'd make a very good choice for sure.

How I envision her fighting style? Given she has natural rabbit instincts, she can have a really high amount of mobility, meaning she can go pretty fast and can jump pretty high, like a permanent Bunny Hood, and her attack style can revolve around aerial combo with high momentum, being able to hop between different fighters to damage them one-by-one. Also given the theme of her show, an observation and research gimmick would come in handy for her, but I have yet to think of how it actually works without feeling like a rip-off of Betsy's gimmick.
Super Why

It's not fair to only have the Princess Presto assist represent Super Why, so now's his chance!

For his gimmick, one idea I have is he can have the most aerial control than any other fighter currently, being able to slowly descend to the ground and having multiple "fast flights" which replace double jumps with several straight aerial fast flights that can be aimed in any direction. He loves books too, that's another thing to take to consideration.

Also, if we do get him in, he already has an orange alt waiting.
Sarah Phillips (Liberty's Kids)

I think only a "gun" represents her at the moment, but I think she should get in because I watched the show a lot in elementary school AND she's a cute female protag.

Gimmick-wise? No real clue, but maybe something to reference her studies and those stuff?
Alright, I'm late to the party on this one but here's my submission:

Sid (Sid the Science Kid)

View attachment 371113

This young boy is quite a science enthusiast as well as aspiring comedian. We only have his signature magnifying glass in the game as an item but this iconic PBS Kids show which was one of the three shows produced by The Jim Henson Company involving motion capture graphics. Sid the Science Kid first premiered back in 2008 and recieved 2 seasons that spanned over 4 years. Funny thing is, Sid's name was supposed to be Josh and the show was initally going to be titled What's The Big Idea? Plus, he also recieved a movie in 2013 which starred Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Bonanodon.

It's important to note that this fighter we are submitting for will be revealed at the Championship Circuit Finale for PBS Kids: Brawltime! and Sid the Science Kid still airs in reruns on PBS Kids networks. Thus, he's a super iconic PBS Kids character known to both older and younger generations. He has a lot of content to go through with science tools for items, stages (I have an idea for his stage), assists (I have an idea for this too), etc. He is filled with content.

As for Sid as a fighter, he would be a middleweight, slighty a little heavy but not as heavy as Ruff Ruffman. His moveset will revolve around inquiry based topics covered in the show as well as science tools.

As for his gimmick:

Looking For My Friends

Based on the song sang in every episode, Sid will simply gather the assistance of his three friends Gerald, Gabriella and May to help him fight. It's similar to the part in Sid the Science Kid episodes where he asks them questions about the episode's topic. By using a science tool, one of his friends will show up. There will also be a little card like shown in the recess parts of the episodes to show each friend Sid talked to about helping him fight. Get all three friends and Sid will become a super scientist by gaining access to a specific science tool for his special move!

You can also do a gimmick for science tools but I feel my idea is a bit more unique. I was considering submitting Super Why but someone beat me to it so Sid was the next best option for me.

As for more ideas for anyone wanting to submit, here are some PBS Kids shows represented in the roster with miminal representation that can be looked into to recieve a fighter:

• Pinkalicious and Petterrific
  • Caillou
  • Berenstain Bears (although it has an assist and item)
  • Adventures from The Book of Virtues
  • Hero Elementary (not sure if this one will be allowed)
  • Boobah
There's not many but this is a definitely fun way to fill a hole in terms of representation for one of these PBS Kids shows here in PBS Kids: Brawltime! So, happy submitting and thank you to everyone who submitted thus far for this job!
Alright, I know I am ending this job a little earlier than I planned but I wanted to move on with this thread. We have our usual four contributors with the newcomers and now we must vote on a newcomer. Vote for your top 2 newcomers but you may only put own submission in second!

Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick/Quirk: Mobility/Aerial Combo-Themed Gimmick

Super Why CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick/Quirk: Aerial Control or Fast Flights Gimmick or a gimmick involving books

Sarah Phillips (Liberty's Kids) IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick/Quirk: History-themed Gimmick

Sid (Sid the Science Kid) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick/Quirk: Looking For My Friends/Science Tools-Themed Gimmick

Now, onto our next two jobs! One of them will be a job we have done before that I thought was really fun and that I hope to do again now!

Job 273:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the update for our fourth Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter. Similar to the other jobs, make the prompt specific but leave room for creativity.

Job 274:

Can you believe we already got done with the first year of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Series? It seems due to the success of the first four Sponsorship Packs that were a part of the sponsors for the circuit, fans love the content they get! Now, more companies who have had history with sponsoring PBS Kids programming as well as companies with no history with the network are contacting the e-sports team behind the Competitive Circuit as well as the Brawltime! development team for content in the form of a Sponsorship Pack!

For this job:

Submit up to two companies to sponsor the second year of the
PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! One company must have had history with sponsoring PBS Kids programming and one company must have had no history at all with sponsoring PBS Kids programming.

As for the companies, submit a logo for each. Explain a bit about each company, why you think the company/companies would want to sponsor the Competitive Circuit and give content to PBS Kids: Brawltime! and what their Sponsorship Pack will entail whether it would be an item, stage reskin, Legacy Skin, etc.

For the company that has had history sponsoring PBS Kids programming, add in which shows the company has sponsored as well.

The top two companies from each category will get in so we will have a total of four sponsors once again!

I know this is a lot but it'll be a lot of fun! Get voting and submitting and use your imagination!

1. Super Why
2. Sid the Science Kid

All great submissions but I feel the fighter that should be revealed at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit finale should be iconic to all audiences. Sarah Phillips is a great choice but I see her moreso working with James Hiller as a tag team fighter. Elinor is a cute idea too but I feel we should save her for later potentially. Both of the characters I voted for are LONG overdue for more major representation in the game.

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids system cue/ID/interstital that is NOT something along the lines of a "Coming Up Next" bumper.

Basically, we do have some stages based on bumpers but they are both the Coming Up Next bumpers. How about more content for the other minor bumpers of the channel such as the famous system cues or obscurer IDs that are like "Coming Up Next" bumpers but not explicitly.

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Sponsors for Year 2:

Sponsor with PBS Kids History:

Chuck E. Cheese's

b1273200c8bb0c09a904bb6f5e383dad.jpg

Literally one of the most iconic sponsors and was one of the most prevalent companies that showed up in PBS Kids funding credits. I'm surprised no one has submitted this famous restaurant/arcade chain for kids the first time around. Anyhow, Chuck E. Cheese's has been entertaining children since 1977 and was a proud sponsor of PBS Kids for almost two decades straight from 1995 to around 2013ish. The company has sponsored a MULTITUDE of PBS Kids shows such as Barney and Friends, Caillou, Arthur, Berenstain Bears, WordGirl, Clifford the Big Red Dog (The 2000 series) and more. You have probably seen the Funding Credits bumpers so many times. I do even recall seeing the "Proud Sponsor of PBS Kids" at some Chuck E. Cheese locations and some of them still have them up, if I recall correctly but maybe they might have been taken down. They have decided to come back since after all since Chuck E. Cheese himself is a gamer! Truly, it's quite awesome to bring back some of that magic 2000s nostalgia right here in PBS Kids: Brawltime! so Chuck E. Cheese's is the company who without NO hesitation would love to come back and visit their old friends once more.

As for the Sponsorship Pack content if Chuck E. Cheese's were to become a sponsor:

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 Item
  • 1 Stage Reskin
Yes, I know that is more but I feel Chuck E. Cheese's deserves a big treatment due to how long and how BIG of a sponsor they have been for PBS Kids. I have cool ideas for the content of the sponsorship pack for the company and I even have a cool tie-in promo idea for the company to do as well that will bring back nostalgic memories.

Sponsor with no PBS Kids History:

Chipotle Mexican Grill

Chipotle_Mexican_Grill_logo.svg.png

It's funny that I nominate this company as a prospective sponsor for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit as I did have Mexican food for dinner (but it was not from Chipotle). Anywho, Chipotle is a fash food chain that specializes in tacos, bowls and Mexican burritos. They have been around since 1993 so this year marks 30 years being a business! Alongside this, it is important to note Chipotle will be a main sponsor for EVO this year. Therefore, given this company is putting their mouth where the money is...they would surely want to sponsor another big fighting game event (well, platfighter event) so the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit seems like a perfect fit. Mexican food is good.

As for the Sponsorship Pack for Chipotle, I see them getting:

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 Item
It's not much but I feel it is appropriate for the company. The tie-in promotional stuff for this company is obvious but appropriate for them. I give credit to Pop for the idea but I really liked it as well so overall, a solid choice here. There's fun ideas for Legacy Skins and items for this company for sure!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Super Why
2. Elinor

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on a console or handheld PBS Kids video game that isn't V-Smile

As far as I know, there's a stage based on a PC game, being Carnival Chaos as we got a V-Smile stage, so I thought why not include a stage from a console or handheld PBS Kids game? Such as the Super Nintendo, Game Boy Color, PlayStation or anything that fits in those range? I mean, since PBS Kids: Brawltime! is on PC AND consoles, we might as well give some console game representation!

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Sponsors for Year 2:

Sponsor with PBS Kids History:

Kraft Foods (Or the Kraft Heinz company)
1682383091542.png

Ok, so only a few of the food brands they own sponsored PBS Kids shows in the past, that being Ore-Ida and Caprisun, HOWEVER, I envision that if Kraft were to be a sponsor, it would come at a stretch. So not only they would come with the two brands I just mentioned, but they can also bring in some of their other famous food brands as well, such as Jell-O, Kool Aid, Lunchables, and their ever-iconic boxed Mac-and-Cheese. As far as I know, they've done mac-and-cheese tie-ins with other kids' show or movie properties that feature pasta shapes in the shape of different animated characters, such as Spongebob, Spider-Man, Shrek, TMNT, Paw Patrol, Pixar, Star Wars and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, but it kinda surprises me that they haven't done mac-and-cheese tie-ins for PBS Kids shows! What a rip! So if they were to get in as a sponser, maybe that can be all amended, and Kool-Aid tie-ins would be cool

For the Sponsorship Pack content if Kraft were to become a sponsor:

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • Several items (Since they own many iconic food brands)
  • 1 Stage Reskin

Sponsor with no PBS Kids History (I REALLY want to go with Chipolte, but I'm having so much fun with this):

Olive Garden

1682384329361.png

So far, we've had Japanese, New York, and potentially Mexican food as sponsors, but not Italian. Ok, this one is a personal pick from me, but I want a restaurant chain that specializes in Italian food to sponsor a gaming event (I know that Pizza is very technically Italian, but still), even though Olive Garden has no history of sponsoring gaming events before. What they specialize in hit true Italian fashion, pastas, salad, breadsticks, you name it. Around since 1982, they've been around for a little over 40 years!

As for the Sponsorship Pack for Olive Garden, I see them getting:

• 1 Legacy Skin
  • 1 or 2 Items

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hello all,

I just want to let you all know that I will be leaving voting, the stage prompt job and the sponsors job open until Thursday potentially. Please get your submissions in when you can! I am hoping to get a good amount of stage prompts as well as potential sponsors for our Competitive Circuit! Happy submitting!

CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so it seems the four sponsors me and Pop submitted will be our sponosrs for Year 2 of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit! So, huge thanks to Chuck E. Cheese's, Kraft Foods, Chipotle Mexican Grill and Olive Graden for being our four new sponsors! Also, the two stage prompts me and Pop submitted will be used as well! I just need to come up with a third stage prompt or recycle an older one.

Now, enough time has passed and it's time to reveal the fourth Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Elinor: 1
Super Why: 4
Sarah Phillips: 0 :(
Sid the Science Kid: 1

Princess Presto is not alone anymore! The leader of the Super Readers, Super Why will be our fourth Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter so congrats to CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 and their submission!

Now, onward to our triple jobs like usual!

Job 275:

Submit a home stage for Super Why. Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 276:

Submit a job prompt for an assist to come with Super Why!

Job 277:

Submit a job prompt for an item to come with Super Why!

As usual, get submitting and use your imagination!

Super Why Stage:

Storybrook Village

maxresdefault.jpg

This village is the home of Super Why and his fellow super readers! Basically, I envision this stage having the layout being similar to Yggdrassil's Altar. It wouldn't make it competitively legal due to the platform layouts being bizarre but you get a tour of all the various books the Super Readers are from as well as cameos from other fairytale characters alongside the Super Readers that appear.

You will travel through these fairytales. Traveling through each fairytale changes the stage a little.

Jack and The Beanstalk: The home of Whyatt's older brother, Jack and Whyatt's adopted dog, Woofster! Beanstalks will grow and act as additional high platforms for anyone looking to camp.

Little Red Riding Hood: The home of Wonder Red! Trees will appear and apples will fall allowing fighters to consume them to restore health

The Princess and The Frog: The home of Princess Presto! You'll be close to the pond so watch out as water splashes on stage to push you off!

The Three Little Pigs: The home of Alpha Pig! Platforms of straw will appear that can be destroyed! But, watch out as it gets windy as you will feel the Big Bad Wolf's huff and puff push you off the stage!

The cycle repeats.

Assist Job Prompt:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing seen exclusively in a PBS Kids system cue/ID/interstital/bumper.

Item Job Prompt:

Submit an item based on a character or thing seen exclusively in a PBS Kids system cue/ID/interstital/bumper.

Basically, I decided to go all out with content from the PBS Kids system cue/IDs/interstitals/bumpers/etc. since that part of PBS is a little bit underrepresented in other areas aside from Dash being in the game. Why not add more content from that area of PBS Kids history?

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Honestly, I don't have any better idea for a stage for Super Why than StoryBrook Village, so I'll do it for the others (Thought maybe for Wonder Red's section, fighters can also throw some apples, just like on Green Greens, where some of Whispy Wood's apples can be thrown and some can be eaten, albeit rarer)

Assist Job Prompt:

Submit an assist based on a robot or anything with bionic elements or robotic features

Item Job Prompt:

Submit an item based on a character or thing seen exclusively in a PBS Kids PC or console game that isn't V-Smile

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my Super Why stage will be used alongside Pop's ideas for the Little Red Riding Hood section so well done to the both of us. Also, both me and Pop's assist and item job prompts will be used. Now, time for the triple stage prompt job! Believe it or not, Pop came up with a really fun third stage prompt for this round so let's get going!

Job 278:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids system cue/ID/interstital that is NOT something along the lines of a "Coming Up Next" bumper.

Job 279:

Submit a stage based on a console or handheld PBS Kids video game that isn't a V-Smile game based on a PBS Kids show or a PC game based on a PBS Kids show.

Job 280:

Submit a stage based on a dream world or imagination/imaginary world, basically a world that only exists in a PBS Kids character's imagination or a dream they had at night! Basically, something along the lines of worlds like Tickle Me Land, Zobooland, etc.

As for all stages, describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks if any! Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

PBS Kids System Cue/ID/Interstital/etc. Stage:

Everyone's A Winner Wheel

Screenshot_2017-05-06-22-22-47.jpg

Based on one of the obscurer PBS Kids IDs comes a stage based on the Everyone's A Winner Wheel! In this stage, fighters fight on top of the wheel. There are lots of ledges. Occasionally, the wheel will be spun. There are no hazards, just a fun, simple stage with a simple gimmick of the wheel spinning. The wheel will also show faces of the PBS Kids characters that were on this ID.

If Barney is used as a character in the fight, Barney will appear on a panel of the wheel when stopped.

If Mr. Rogers is used as a character in the fight, Mr. Rogers will appear on a panel of the wheel when stopped.

If Ord is used as a character in the fight, Ord will appear on a panel of the wheel when stopped.

If The Teletubbies are used as a character in the fight, Po will appear on a panel of the wheel when stopped.

If Donkey is used as a character in the fight, Tillie will appear on a panel of the wheel when stopped.

If Gilbert is used as an assist in the fight, Caillou will appear on a panel of the wheel when stopped.

If LeVar Burton is used as an assist in the fight, LeVar will appear on a panel of the wheel when stopped.

Occasionally, Theodore Tugboat will appear on the wheel as well.

The only characters that won't appear on the wheel for now are Noddy, Dooley and Alberado as we don't have any content for Noddy, Dooley and Pals and Plaza Sesamo yet.

If none of the fighters and/or assists are used in a fight on this stage, the wheel will choose the characters at random when the wheel is spun.

PBS Kids Console/Handheld Video Game Stage:

Countdown (Sesame Street)

Sesame_Street_Countdown_-_NES_Gameplay.youtube.jpeg

I was considering resubmitting The Number Carnival stage I submitted a while back but I feel like the next Sesame Street stage should be dedicated to another famous Muppet who is actually an assist in the game, Count Von Count! This stage is obviously based on the Nintendo Entertainment System game, Sesame Street Countdown. In this stage, players fight on the various levels in the game with walkoff blastzones. Occasionally, you will hear The Count's voice announcing a number that you either must find or attack that either is that number or is the sum of two numbers you must attack. The fighter who attacks that number or does the right addition will get an item to appear! The numbers will spawn as they do in the game.

The digitized voice clips will play that are from the game as well. Also, as a special treat, the stage can be played in the graphic form of PBS Kids: Brawltime! or in the original 8-bit form the game appeared in! When played in the 8-bit form, the Sesame Street songs will also recieve 8-bit arrangements as well!

Dream World/Imagination World Stage:

Swellwood City Mall (Arthur)

ezgif-1-20a824e9f1.jpg

So, I was considering doing the Bubble Land location from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, the Imaginary Spots from Arthur are just TOO iconic! Plus, this mall exists within one of the assists that is from Arthur being The Brain! This is a very big stage (think Great Cave Offensive) size where you can tour around the mall and see the various stores. The stores will give you free things like items as they do in the mall within The Brain's imagination. There are tons of walkoffs here so have fun shopping and brawling!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

Tubbytronic Superdome 32 (Play with the Teletubbies)

1682905082600.png

Just a random Teletubbies video game I stumbled upon when looking up PS1 games. Since in terms of Teletubbies stages, no "main" location is represented, so here is the dome itself! Layoutwise, it can take place in the dome as you see it. Fighters can bounce around and around the more damage and knockback they take, with the opening to blastzones being a small portion of the top-middle or any of the small semi-circle windows on the sides.

Frankly, I REALLY tried to come up with a dream world/imaginary place, but I think the mall one is just so relatable to me, as I had several strange dreams about giant neon malls, no joke.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Countdown (Sesame Street)

View attachment 371494

I was considering resubmitting The Number Carnival stage I submitted a while back but I feel like the next Sesame Street stage should be dedicated to another famous Muppet who is actually an assist in the game, Count Von Count! This stage is obviously based on the Nintendo Entertainment System game, Sesame Street Countdown. In this stage, players fight on the various levels in the game with walkoff blastzones. Occasionally, you will hear The Count's voice announcing a number that you either must find or attack that either is that number or is the sum of two numbers you must attack. The fighter who attacks that number or does the right addition will get an item to appear! The numbers will spawn as they do in the game.

The digitized voice clips will play that are from the game as well. Also, as a special treat, the stage can be played in the graphic form of PBS Kids: Brawltime! or in the original 8-bit form the game appeared in! When played in the 8-bit form, the Sesame Street songs will also recieve 8-bit arrangements as well!

Tubbytronic Superdome 32 (Play with the Teletubbies)

View attachment 371556
Just a random Teletubbies video game I stumbled upon when looking up PS1 games. Since in terms of Teletubbies stages, no "main" location is represented, so here is the dome itself! Layoutwise, it can take place in the dome as you see it. Fighters can bounce around and around the more damage and knockback they take, with the opening to blastzones being a small portion of the top-middle or any of the small semi-circle windows on the sides.

Frankly, I REALLY tried to come up with a dream world/imaginary place, but I think the mall one is just so relatable to me, as I had several strange dreams about giant neon malls, no joke.
Alright, I shall close the stage jobs for now so we can keep moving. Everyone's A Winner Wheel and the Swellwood City Mall join the Super Why update! Now, we need to vote on a stage from a video game based on a PBS Kids show to join the update. These stages were from PBS Kids show video games that were on console and handheld. Please vote on the poll below!

Stage Based on Handheld/Console PBS Kids Show Video Game
Countdown (Sesame Street) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tubbytronic Superdome 32 (Play with The Teletubbies) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, it's time for our triple assist job as usual!

Job 281:

Submit a second assist for Super Why! We have Princess Presto but Super Why can do with two assists given how iconic the show is.

Job 282:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing seen exclusively in a PBS Kids system cue/ID/interstital/bumper.

Job 283:

Submit an assist based on a robot or anything with bionic elements or robotic features.

As for all assists, please describe their functions and what they do as usual! Get submitting and use your imagination!

Super Why Assist:

Alpha Pig

hqdefault.jpg

It's another one of the iconic Super Readers from the quintet of fairy tale heroes in Super Why! Being an aspiring construction worker like his dad, he will build you tools (which will really be a smaller melee-based item) from his alphabet toolbox to assist you. However, when the assist meter gets full, he will build you a temporary brick house for super protection making you secure from any attacks for a few seconds. You won't be able to move for a few seconds due to you being trapped in the house but it's worth it for the defense.

System Cue/ID/Interstitial/etc. Assist

Paco and Paco's Train (PTV P-Pals)

ezgif-5-5df161e0a8.jpg

I feel that also, we should have a bit more content for the PTV Park era of idents as well. This time, here's one of these being the PTV P-Pal Paco and his train. Funny thing is, I cannot imagine this assist on the Island of Sodor stage but regardless, PTV Park is a world of imagination.

Anywho, when used, Paco will simply puff around on his steam engine carrying freight cars. His train can ramp into opponents giving them damage and minor knockback. Once the assist meter is full, it's full steam ahead! Paco's train will speed up and any opponent that gets hit by the cowcatcher on the steam train will go flying. Even the coal from the freight cars will fly out causing additional damage too. So much for some more confusion and delay (yes, intentional Thomas reference there).

Robot/Bionic or Robot Based Assist:

Click (Between the Lions)

Unknown.jpeg

I know we have a computer mouse assist already and I was considering submitting Pop's assist for Bionic Bunny he submitted in the past but I feel I had a different idea. Specifically, this was due to the fact that I wanted Lionel to have Click the Mouse as his main gimmick in his moveset.

When Click is used as an assist, she can "click" on various items to gravitate towards you as she is...well, a computer mouse! She can even drag and drop you closer to opponents but at the cost of slow freefall making you more vulnerable to attacks. When the assist meter is full, she can hold up your opponents in midair for a short period of time making them more vulnerable to attacks! You can always count on her! Thanks, Click!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, I REALLY want to go with Alpha Pig here, he's cute! So I just have a robot assist that I think also fits in with the System Cue/ID/Interstitial/etc. Assist

Dot Bot
1683254755395.png

A PBS Kids bumper classic! As an assist, he'll use his magnet arms to attract items for his fighter to use or other fighters for finishing them off. He can also slam his arms hard to the ground to bury opponents, similar to the Gigavolt stage in Kirby Fighters 2. When the assist meter is full, he'll preform a hand slam on an area of opponents before swiping them to send them flying! Because of this, his assist meter takes a little more time to charge than other assists.

pikachu9999

Banned via Warnings
Elmo would play like Snake
Barney would play like Incineroar
WordGirl would play like Captain Falcon
Elinor would play like Villager

This is too easy.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
System Cue/ID/Interstitial/etc. Assist

Paco and Paco's Train (PTV P-Pals)

View attachment 371568

I feel that also, we should have a bit more content for the PTV Park era of idents as well. This time, here's one of these being the PTV P-Pal Paco and his train. Funny thing is, I cannot imagine this assist on the Island of Sodor stage but regardless, PTV Park is a world of imagination.

Anywho, when used, Paco will simply puff around on his steam engine carrying freight cars. His train can ramp into opponents giving them damage and minor knockback. Once the assist meter is full, it's full steam ahead! Paco's train will speed up and any opponent that gets hit by the cowcatcher on the steam train will go flying. Even the coal from the freight cars will fly out causing additional damage too. So much for some more confusion and delay (yes, intentional Thomas reference there).
Ok, I REALLY want to go with Alpha Pig here, he's cute! So I just have a robot assist that I think also fits in with the System Cue/ID/Interstitial/etc. Assist

Dot Bot
View attachment 371725

A PBS Kids bumper classic! As an assist, he'll use his magnet arms to attract items for his fighter to use or other fighters for finishing them off. He can also slam his arms hard to the ground to bury opponents, similar to the Gigavolt stage in Kirby Fighters 2. When the assist meter is full, he'll preform a hand slam on an area of opponents before swiping them to send them flying! Because of this, his assist meter takes a little more time to charge than other assists.
Alright, so enough time has passed. Alpha Pig and Click have been added as assists. Alongside this, I have to decided to add Pop's stage for the Tubbytronic Superdome 32 into the game as we still do not have a main location for the Teletubbies as a stage so congrats to him and to me as well. Now, we need to vote on an assist based on a system cue/ID/interstital on PBS Kids. Vote in the Strawpoll below!

System Cue/ID/Interstital/etc. Assist Poll
Paco and Paco's Train (PTV P-Pals) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Dash Bot PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, time for the triple item job!

Job 284:

Submit an item based on something from Super Why!

Job 285:

Submit an item based on a character or thing seen exclusively in a PBS Kids system cue/ID/interstital/bumper.

Job 286:

Submit an item based on a character or thing seen exclusively in a PBS Kids PC or console game. You CANNOT submit any items based on anything from any V-Smile games based on a PBS Kids show.

Describe what each item does as usual.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Super Why Item:

Lucky Letter Lasso

kids-mezzannine-16x9_287.jpg

I know we have Alpha Pig as an assist...but a major item of his that he does not use while his assist is in action is his Lucky Letter Lasso. Thus, it can be an item in PBS Kids: Brawltime! When picking up this item, it is quite versatile as a fighter can grab it and reel in fighters for a closer fight or even items to assist them. A handy item for reaching anything far away. In fact, it can be used in midair akin to a tether recovery to grab onto the ledge of a stage. A super handy item!

System Cue/ID/Interstitial/etc. Item

Rube Goldberg Mouse Trap

sddefault.jpg

An obscurer station ident that can make a fun trapping themed item. Basically, a fighter can pick this up and simply place it on the ground. When ready, a picture of a PBS Kids character will appear similar to the ID. Heck, even fighters who did not get this item will get their picture on the ID and such as well as some series not represented by fighters will occassionally appear as well just for fun! After placed on the ground, the mopuse trap acts a stun trap to stun opponents for a brief second. It's no mouse trap but a good way to get a better edge on your opponents, even for a brief second!

Item Seen Exclusively in PBS Kids Console/PC Game:

Balloons (Barney)

1970500-barneys-hide-seek-game-genesis-dont-shoot-the-balloon-please.png

Okay, there are probably a ton of PBS Kids shows that have focused on balloons in one episode or another but I got this idea from Barney's Hide and Seek Game for the SEGA Genesis. Basically, it's a recovery item allowing a fighter to fly up super high distances albeit you can only do vertical recoveries, not horizontal. However, you are super vulnerable to spikes as well as to your balloon popping if another fighter hits it, so watch out!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
So frankly, I only have an Item Seen Exclusively in PBS Kids Console/PC Game at the moment (Even though I want to go with balloons, they're a lot of fun), so here it is.

Bionic Bunny Card (Arthur! Ready to Race)
1683375898135.png

I can only describe this item's function in one sentence, as the old saying goes: May the odds be in your favor!

It'll give you ANY item in the game via random selection (though for healing items that tend to spawn in large quantities, like cookies, donuts or Tubby Toast, it'll spawn three of them!), but also to mix things up, like Hero's Hocus Pocus, it may grant the one who picked it up random effects, which may be positive, like increase in size or invincibility, negative, like size decrease, constant damage for a short time, and other negative status effects, or neutral, like invisibility. It might also summon a random assist that uses its charged meter move before disappearing afterwards.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so the system cue/ID/interstital assist that will be joining the Super Why update with the two other updates will be the Paco and Paco's Train assist by me so congrats to me! Also, all four items will be joining the update so well done to me and Pop! I apologize for the late update as life outside Smashboards has been quite busy so yea, that's why this thread wasn't updated around its usual time. With that out of the way, onward to our next job!

Job 287:

Create/design a moveset for Super Why. Keep in mind his gimmick/quirk/hook/whatever you want to call it should involve Aerial Control or a flight gimmick or even books. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Super Why
Series:
Super Why
Debut:
Pilot Episode: 1999/2000
Official Debut on PBS Kids: The Three Little Pigs (September 3rd, 2007)

df2aqjt-cddad46b-d772-43d7-8a3a-ce2669bbf951.png

"Super Why, with the power to read!"

Super Why or Whyatt is an overall middleweight towards the lighter side of the things with some of the best aerial stats in the game. His mobility is one of the best and also has multiple "fast flights" which replace double jumping. The fast flights can be aimed in any direction. He excels in the combo game but overall can be hit hard when in disadvantage. He simply is like WordGirl in stats but just overall better. May I also mention the other Super Readers are assisting him in the battle with their powers appearing in some of his moves as well?

Gimmick:

Super Reader Power!

Another idea I had for his quirk is that his gimmick is based on vocabulary/reading. Basically, he kind of plays like an inverse Hero. He gives fighters "bad words" that give the other fighter or fighters nerfs while he gets buffs from the "good words". He practically is using his power as Super Why in battle!

Moveset:

Light Neutral: Reading Time!

From the library, Super Why will simply take out a book since he loves to read. The stronger variant of this move involves him pulling out the book more vigorously.

Light Up: Alphabet Power

From Alpha Pig, Super Why can simply attack by lifting up one of her letters from the alphabet. The move is similar to Big Bird's Light Up but way more faster and spammable, making it great to start combos. The letter changes each time but it doesn't change the property of the attack. The stronger variant is the same but it does more damage and knockback.

Light Down: Word Power

From Wonder Red, Super Why can pull out a word family ending like "OP", "AT", "UG", etc. The word family changes each time but it doesn't change the property of the attack. It is spammable and good for comboing. The stronger variant involves both the letter at the beginning of the word as well as the word family ending being pulled out increasing damage and knockback.

Neutral Special: The Power to Read

The main gimmick of Super Why is right here in this move! Basically, Super Why will gain a word that can affect a nearby fighter in a bad way. These can range from "tiny" which will make an opponent small for a short time, "confused" which will lead to another fighter gaining reverse controls for a limited time, etc. Once Super Why applies the nerf on a fellow fighter, he gains the opposite of the word which results in a stat buff such as "big" which will increase his size for a short time, "good" which will give him a tiny stat buff, etc. We can come up with a list of words for this move like Hero's Command List.

Up Special: Why Flyer Flight

Super Why will simply shoot straight upward in his Why Flyer, similar to Barney's Up Special. However, it lasts for a little longer and has a bit more complex of a flight pattern, similar to Meta Knight and Steve's recovery in the Smash games. Super Why will damage anyone in his path when using the move.

Down Special: Dictionary Power

With the assistance of Woofster, Whyatt can help learn new words from Woofster's dictionary. When using this move, a dictionary will be pulled out by Woofster. Then, a word will be found. Either one of two things will happen. Super Why will get an item after finding out what it means (typically an item that does not do much) or a word for his Neutral Special. This move has incredibly slow startup and is not best to use fast so be careful when using it!

Entrance:

Super Why appears out of a bookshelf and hops down from it onto the stage as Whyatt ready for battle and then transforms into Super Why!

Taunt:

Super Why shows off his phone to the other fighters as well as to you, the player.

Victory Animation:

Super Why and the other Super Readers gather in a circle, put their hands in and lift their hands up to celebrate Super Why's victory and for being super!

Losing Animation:

Super Why claps, being a good sport as he rarely does get sad or mad and is usually happy.

This was a little tough as I have not watched Super Why in a while and I may have made him super broken. But, I am all ears to hear other ideas for a Super Why moveset for sure!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
If I'm being honest, AlteredBeast's Super Why moveset is almost everything I envisioned for him, minus the alts, which I have below. Can you tell which is whom? My favorite one is the orange one!
super-why-costume-coloring-page copy.jpg
super-why-costume-coloring-page copy 2.jpg
super-why-costume-coloring-page copy 3.jpg
super-why-costume-coloring-page copy 4.jpg

Oh, in terms of the Power to Read, I have a list of Potential Words below:
EFFECT (Super Why's effect/Opponent's effect)SIGNIFICANCEFUNCTION
big/tinyPositiveOpponent is shrunk while Super Why is Super-Sized!
confused/precisePositiveOpponent has reversed controls while Super Why ups his movement speed.
strong/weakPositiveSuper Why gets an attack strength buff while the opponent gets an attack strength debuff!
mend/harmPositiveHeals Super Why while Opponent receives 14% damage.
speedy/slowpokePositiveSuper Why's running speed increased while the opponent has Timer-effect
protected/vulnerablePositiveSuper Why takes less damage than usual and can reflect projectiles while the opponent can receive more damage than usual.
up/downPositiveSuper Why preforms a super-strong uppercut while the opponent has a meteor effect applied to them, as long as they're not in front of Super Why.
asleep/awakeNegativeSuper Why goes to sleep.
micro/megaNegativeSuper Why is made smaller while the opponent grows in size.
slow/fastNegativeSuper Why has a Timer-effect on him while the opponent's speed is amped up.
invisible/visibleNeutralSuper Why is invisible
mix-upNeutralCan be any other word, let the odds decide your fate!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my moveset for Super Why will be used for him. Also, thanks to Pop for the alternate costumes and for extra words for Super Why's Neutral Special! Now, onto our next two jobs! Sorry about the long wait; once again, all my responsibilities outside Smashboards, especially college has been taking a toll on this thread and my activity on here. I thank you all for your patience!

Job 288:

Write a Learning Book set for Super Why.

Job 289:

Submit a DLC story mode chapter focused on Super Why. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and for the other DLC fighters, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination and get submitting!

Learning Book Set for Super Why:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • More Reading (Super Why’s Light Neutral will come out faster)
    • Alphabet Power (Super Why's Light Up will deal more damage.)
    • More fuel for the Why Flyer (Super Why will gain more height for his Up Special and stay in air longer.)
    • More Word Families (Super Why's Light Down will come out faster and he can form more words faster!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • More Power Means More Reading! (As for his Neutral Special, Super Why will have more words to assist him.)
    • Super Readers Ready to Help! (Now, Super Why gains a stat buff to assist him, thanks to the other Super Readers!)
    • Dictionary Power! (For Super Why's Down Special, he can pull out two items or two words)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Super Reading! (For Super Why's Neutral Special, he will be more likely to get positive words to effect him!)
    • Double the Alphabet! (Now, for the Light Up, Super Why will hold up two letters causing more damage!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Super Invincibility! (Now, at the beginning of the fight, Super Why is invincible and has maxed out stats for a short time!)

Super Why Story Mode DLC Chapter:

The Story of How We Stopped the Anomaly

This story takes place throughout the entire Story Mode. Remember that PBS Kids: Brawltime! Story Mode Contest we posed a while ago? This would be an idea from someone who would have won the contest for sure given it's a great "What If?" scenario if Super Why and his friends were the saviors of the Story Mode instead of Cheeko to attack the Anomaly monster allowing Xavier Riddle and WordGirl to destroy the monster.

The chapter starts off with the regular Super Why opening with the usual opening remade. We then go to the library where Super Why takes place and then we see Whyatt appear out of a bookshelf.

Whyatt: Oh hi, Whyatt here!

We then pan to see the view of Storybrook Village similar to a Super Why episode.

Whyatt: Welcome to my home of Storybrook Village! Come on, let's go find my friends!

We then see Whyatt passing by various buildings, waving hello to the residents until we see him meet up with his friends.

Whyatt: Hello everyone!

Alpha Pig: Hi Whyatt!

Woofster, Princess Presto and Wonder Red: Hello there!

Princess Presto: How are you doing today?

Whyatt: I'm swell. Say, it seems none of us are really having any problems today.

Woofster barks.

Then...we see the sky turn all purple.

Alpha Pig: Uh, Whyatt? What's up with the sky?

Whyatt: Oh no....we must all take cover.

It seems the sky has turned into the purple goo where it's taking over Storybrook Village.

Super Why: Everyone, run!!!!

The Super Readers initially refuse to run when we see Princess Presto use spelling magic to try and stop the purple goo, Alpha Pig tries to build a house, Wonder Red uses rhymes, and Woofster uses the dictionary.

All the other Storybrook Village residents run away from the purple goo and it catches everyone, including the Super Readers except Whyatt.

The other Super Readers: Whyatt!!!!

We then see them all get attacked by the Goo but then we see Whyatt stuck in an abandoned wasteland. Whyatt looks depressed.

Whyatt: Alpha Pig? Wonder Red? Princess Presto? Woofster????

He then actually looks sad for once looking around the world of nothingness. He still had his phone on him trying to contact the other Super Readers.

Whyatt: Well, if there is anything left to do....it's time to become...

We see Whyatt transform into Super Why!

Super Why: Super Why, with the power to read!

We then see various Anomaly minions approach him.

Super Why: It's time for me to become Super once more!

After the cutscene, you then have to play as Super Why to traverse through a platforming section. You will fight the Anomaly's Minions along the way. It is just a typical platforming section.

After the platforming section:

We see Super Why explore the area a little more looking for anyone.

Super Why: Hmmmm....no sign of anyone here.

He then uses his phone to detect....Princess Presto about to be captured by the Anomaly!

Super Why: Oh no! Princess Presto is in trouble!

Princess Presto then gets enslaved by the Anomaly Goo.

Anomaly-Enslaved Princess Presto: I̴͔̘͆͗́̇̑̒ ̵͚͋̏͂̆̈́̍́̋̉̓͑̈͝l̶̬̯̥͖̘̭͖̝̣͈̀͋͛̐͋̈̐̆́͌́̂̚͝ͅợ̵͖̭̹̖̠̖̭̹͈̺͙͗̓̍̾̋͘̕͝v̶̰͖̼͕̬̯̘̄̉̑̚e̴̬͔̞̤̹̞̞͚̫͈̼̖͋̆̀͝͝ ̴̢̺͖̲͚̫̥͉̮̝̎̔̓͆̃͌̐̊̈́̍̕ͅt̴̡̧̯̯͖̺͔̜̭̓̽̿́̄͝ọ̷̘̊̔͂͌͌͆͐ ̵͍̗͚̲̗̣͈̙̰̌ͅṣ̴̩̞̞̠͖̼̪͆̊̑̈̎̈́̋͊͘͜ṕ̶̘̩̿͑͛̏̀̓̉͘ĕ̵̛̲̯̗̳̘̲̂͒̇̓͠ļ̸̺̹̔͊̔̽̐̿͊̈́͆l̵̩͚̊̒͐͒̽̈͆͂̽͐͒͐͝.̶̛̫͉̲̯̇͌̈́̂̋̎͊̍͌̎͌̕͜ ̶͇͚̙̒̎̀͂͊̎͋̈́̚͘͜Ļ̸̡̧̖͉̲̳̦̟̮̆͒̀̎̈́̌̚͜ͅē̴͕̰̤̱̱͛̊͊̐͐̐̈͘ţ̴̫̱̟̫͇̟̻͙̪͚͂̈́͗̀̉'̷̢̬͇̹̪͒͊̋̄̾͒̓̒͗̄̿̕s̵̡̡̛͈̜̰̲͓̈́̇͌͊̓̒̋̑̽̈́̎͐͊̉ ̴̥̽̊̾͛ś̶̨͕͍͉͓̖̗̞͉͔̺͍̀̽͛̅́̀̈́̚̕͝p̵̫̳̋̏̒͠e̷̩̜͍̙͔̣̟̯͈͓̹̊̽͑̄̚l̵͇͇̪̬̣̘̗͓̞̦̝͎͈̏́̋̇̈́͊́̐̅̾̄̉͝͠͝l̷͎̻̠̝̻̲̖̖͓̐̌̒̑̎̓̕ ̴̛͔̬̀̃̔̉͊͛ͅd̶͖͕͙̼̦͖̮̺̜͚̖͍̰́ȃ̵͓̑̍̀̓̓̀̈́̈͘n̸͓̟̱͔͕̤̔̔̈́̓̆͑͒ģ̸̨̫̱̦͈̬̣̉͊̈͘ͅë̸͙͔̫͉̟͈̠̫̫̯̝͍́͛r̵͉̭̪͊̎̾̅͝!̷̛͙̹̇̀́̾̑̏̓͝

Super Why looks frightened but not faced at all.

Super Why: Well...it seems that Princess Presto is in danger...but I will rescue her!

After the cutscene, you enter a mini boss-fight against Anomaly-enslaved Princess Presto. She will spell words to put you at harm/give you damage. Alongside this, she will spell the names of various Super Readers to come out and attack you as well as other Anomaly minions.

After the boss fight:

Princess Presto is freed from the Anomaly goo and is seen to be returned back to normal.

Princess Presto: Oh goodness, why would I have gotten into that mess? Thank you, Whyatt!

Super Why: No problem, Princess! Say, do you think our other fellow Super Readers are around here somewhere?

Princess Presto: Possibly...

Alpha-Pig's voice heard faintly: Whyatt! Princess!

Super Why: Sounds like Alpha Pig is over there! We must rescue him as well!

Princess Presto nods.

Princess Presto: Together, we can do anything as we Super Readers always come to the rescue!

After the cutscene, you then have to play as Super Why to traverse through a platforming section with Princess Presto following you as your assist. You will fight the Anomaly's Minions along the way. It is just a typical platforming section through the wasteland area once again.

After the platforming cutscene:

We see Alpha-Pig once again in the area he was calling Whyatt and Princess Presto from.

Alpha-Pig: Hey, you two found me! I knew we would all be reunited!

Super Why: I knew we could find you two! After all, Super Readers are always together!

They notice a fork in the road that leads to some sort of portal in a strange dimension.

Princess Presto: Hey, Whyatt?

She points to the fork in the road.

Super Why: It seems the path goes in two different ways.

We see the view of the different paths, one of which involves a bunch of letters and one of which involves a lot of letters to be put as platforms.

Princess Presto: I can take the path with letters as I love to spell!

Alpha Pig: And I'll take that path with all those letters on those platforms! We will both meet in the same area at the end!

Super Why nods but knew he had to make a choice about which path to go down.

After the cutscene, you are then given a choice of which platforming section to go down: Princess Presto's path which will involve collecting letters to help find your way toward the portal, or Alpha Pig's path which involves more platforming-esque elements as well as the usage of the Lucky Letter Lasso item. Anomaly-Enslaved minions will appear as well to attack and hinder your journey.

The three Super Readers meet at the strange Anomaly-shaped dimension.

Super Why: Well, it seems we are safe here.

Princess Presto: Yeah...no more purple goo to attack us or...

Alpha-Pig points out something.

Alpha-Pig: Guys, look! The purple goo is forming some sort of portal...

The portal sucks the three Super Readers into the strange portal.

All three of them: AHHHHHH!

We then see the three of them waking up until they were awoken by...Wonder-Red and Woofster.

Wonder-Red: Whyatt? Princess? Alpha-Pig?

Super Why then wakes up.

Super Why: Red? Is that you?

Woofster: And me too! Woof!

Super Why: Woofster!

All the Super Readers then hug and then have a short reunion until they notice a strange-looking animal in the same place. It appears to be Cheeko himself. Whyatt approaches him.

Super Why: Excuse me, Mr. Monkey? Was your world captured by some strange goo minions as well?

The strange creature responds.

Cheeko: Why yes, I remember that monster destroying the EekoSystem. My name is Cheeko. It seems we are stuck where the main monster is.

Super Why: My name is Whyatt and these are my fellow Super Readers!

The other Super Readers: Hello!

Cheeko: Nice to meet you all! But, now, we do not have much time to chat but...

They see the Anomaly-monster approaching them.

Anomaly: R̶͉̰̣̗͈͛̂͊̍̎̀͂͆̓̓̉͜͝o̵̙͒ä̷͔̫͉͇̺̳̪̺̺̹͙́̓͗̑̐͆̈́̄͜ͅṙ̵̺̻͔̼̩̹̙̳͙̭͋ȓ̵̭͈̝̖̞̯͓̻̭̬̬̟̟̦͛̑̊͐̐͂͒̇͝ͅr̶̡̺̯̞̠͍̖̥̝̱̩̫̱͚͋͛̒́̈̾͜r̶̛̞̭͓̥͍̲̮͙̺̊̊̎̈́̂͠ȓ̵̨̮͚͎͓̫̹̙̋́̊̇͗̓͊̐͜ŗ̵̼͖̳̠̱̻̫̂͒͗̈̌͒̎͋̈́̽͐͝r̷̡̗̯̦̣͍̝̱̖̩̣̖̦̮̬̆̌̑͑̊!̶̠͍̤̘̺̦͓̻̃̄͊̅͆̓͌̒̄́̃

Cheeko: We gotta run!

Super Why and his team nod.

After the cutscene, you then have to play as Super Why or Cheeko to traverse through a platforming section with Alpha-Pig or Princess Presto as your assist to run away from the Anomaly monster while the Anomaly minions attack you. One hit from the Anomaly monster and then you get KOd.

We see Super Why, the other Super Readers and Cheeko hide. We see Cheeko all tired out from all the running.

Cheeko: Must...stay..safe...

Super Why then rests as well. Then, they spot other survivors (all the base game fighters) running away from the Anomaly now.

We then cut back to the cutscene seen in Chapter 15 of the Story Mode.

Teletubbies: Uh oh!!!!

Elmo: Elmo thinks everyone's doomed!

Ruff Ruffman: Well, this is truly the end, no more hosting all those amazing shows.......

Buster: Maybe I can try to talk to that alien thing into now attacking us! After all, we come in peace!

We then zoom back to Cheeko, Super Why and the Super Readers.

Cheeko: I must go save them! Two of them need to make the sacrifice to that monster!

Super Why: Wait...we can do it.

All the Super Readers nod.

Super Why: You can hide, we will protect you.

Cheeko nods.

Then, everyone looks up into the sky.

WordGirl: Wait...are those more superheroes?

Chris: There's a princess, a pig, a little girl and a super dog!

Martin: Maybe...

We then see all the Super Readers use their respective powers until Super Why attacks the Anomaly with a huge blow!

Everyone looks in positivity.

Dash: Super Why? I did not know you were stuck here!

Super Why: Well...me and my Super Readers found some strange portal to that dimension and then we found this strange monkey-looking creature that was here as well.

Dash: Oh, you mean Cheeko?

We then see Cheeko attack the Anomaly minions with his EekoCreatures as well.

Dash: Hey, Cheeko! How did you even end up in here??

Cheeko: Well, some new friends of mine came over to the EekoHouse to invite me to your Brawltime party, but then, some giant purple thing just came in and attacked all of the house and somehow, I was banished here in this dark place!

A flashback plays where we see Cheeko flying away from the Anomaly when it enters his world until he got swooped into the Anomaly Dimension.

Wordgirl: Oh yeah....I sorta remember being in that house....

Arthur: Me too!

Buster to Arthur: Don't you think he's an alien too?

Arthur: Buster! He rescued us, no time for your alien theories!

Soon, there were hundreds of amalgamation-animals from EekoCreature swooping down on a pinned-down Anomaly Final to have its opening open once more by trying to hold it out along with the Super Readers assisting.

Princess Presto: Quick! Two of you need to enter the Monster!

Woofster: We can't keep the monster open for a while!

Wordgirl: I'd love to help out with that! After all, this is my moment to truly feel SUPER!

Xavier Riddle: we'll help you keep this Anomaly down, Cheeko!

Cheeko and Super Why nod.

You then choose between Wordgirl, Xavier Riddle, Super Why or Cheeko to help keep the gateway open with the assistance of Princess Presto or Alpha-Pig by fighting off the Anomaly's minions and allowing the opening to remain clear.

After the fight:

Wordgirl and Xavier make salute poses to the others before running and flying into the Anomaly's opening to make the sacrifice.

Cheeko: Good luck you two!

Super Why: We will be here if you need anything!

All the characters look at Wordgirl and Xavier with sad, teary eyes knowing that they might lose Wordgirl and Xavier, but knowing that can do it. They all cheer and wave to them as we zoom into Wordgirl and Xavier entering the monster.

We then see the other 18 fighters, Super Why and the Super Readers together.

Super Why: Ok, let's guide you all to safety before that monster gets destroyed!

Everyone nods.

After the cutscene, you then play as Super Why trying to guide everyone in a platforming section to a safe area away from when the Anomaly monster explodes. It's a mad dash section and you only got a minute to guide everyone there!

We cut to the events of the Epilogue chapter where the Anomaly explodes. Everyone sees the explosion and hides from it. Just then, we see a close-up of Dash's face as his eyes are closed before opening up as if he were waking up from a nap. Confused and dazed, he gets up and looks around to see where he was at. The land is now all clear blue skies, grass and sun with no signs of the other's worlds in sight.

We see everyone reunited. Super Why is talking to the Super Readers.

Super Why: Well, I don't see Storybrook Village anywhere.

Wonder-Red: Well, I just am glad we are all safe though, that's what counts.

Woofster barks.

Ord: Hold on a minute, what's that over there?

We then see the same neon city seen in the Epilogue chapter.

Super Why: Woah! A new city!

Wonder-Red: Seems like a new life for us!

Alpha-Pig: Yeah! Let's head over there!

Elmo: Elmo wants to go to this colorful city! Come on everybody, let's go!

Arthur: Yeah! Let's go everyone!

Everyone cheers as they all start to rush towards that city in complete joy and excitement.

Ruff Ruffman: Woah-ho! wait for me!

Six Months Later......

We see a library in the city that still owns physical books and even eBooks. We hear the Super Why! theme in the background as we see the Lion family running the library. Lionel approaches Whyatt.

Lionel: Hey Whyatt?

Whyatt: Yeah, what's up Lionel?

Lionel: Look at this new book Dash made about us!

It appears to be a purple physical book called The Story of How We Stopped the Anomaly.

Whyatt reads the title.

Whyatt: Wow...seems we all became super then!

Lionel: Isn't it cool? Say, do you and your friends want to come to our dance party tonight?

Whyatt nods.

Whyatt: Sure thing.

The music then cuts to a more upbeat hip-hop-esque version of the Super Why theme as the Lion family, Arthur and co and the Super Readers all dance.

The music then ends with the Super Readers all striking a pose and everyone cheering for their great dancing as well as for all them becoming heroes.

The screen fades to black.

End of Chapter

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, Im not gonna lie, I think AlteredBeasts story mode chapter for Super Why basically captured everything I had in mind for it, and I think it nails the whole "what if" scenario actually better than I thought, so I'll pass for now. I have an awesome reveal trailer in mind for Super Why though.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my Learning Book Set for Super Why as well as my Story Mode chapter for him will be used so yay for me! I had fun writing the Story Mode chapter honestly. Now, onto our event matches job!

Job 290:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Super Why. Similar to the past two bonus fighters and the first three Learner's Pass DLC fighters in a way, I feel the events should be focused around the content that comes with him. So, any event can involve Super Why himself, the assists that come with him, stages, items, etc. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

My DLC Event Matches for Super Why:

Event #Extra01: Are You Fit to Be A Princess?
Event Description:
Princess Presto has her annual Junior Princess Competition to win a golden crown. However, some rowdy visitors to Storybrook came by to interrupt it. Can Princess Presto alongside Super Why prove Princess Presto is truly fit to be a princess or will Storybrook face an eternal disaster?
Player: Super Why
Assist: Princess Presto
Stage: Storybrook Village
Opponent(s): 3 Random Opponents for Every Playthrough
Event objective: As Super Why, you need to KO your opponents with Princess Presto's assist function when the assist meter is full. If you KO an opponent without using Princess Presto, the opponent will respawn. However, if you get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event match. An overall, simple, no-frills event match
References: The Super Why episode The Princess and The Pea

Event #Extra02: An Alphabetic Adventure with the Anomaly
Event Description:
Super Why just ran into Alpha Pig while on his quest to save the other Super Readers from the Anomaly monster. They must get to the source of the destruction of their world....but it seems they are quite short on time. Can Alpha Pig and Super Why get there before they get caught by the Anomaly goo or will they be doomed forever?
Player: Super Why
Assist: Alpha Pig
Stage: The platforming section from Super Why's Story Mode Chapter where it's Alpha Pig's path
Event objective: Basically, you are playing the section of Super Why's Story Mode chapter where you travel down Alpha Pig's path. The typical Anomaly minions will attack you. However, there will be the Anomaly goo chasing you. Touch that and you automatically get KOd...thus, you would fail the event.
References: Super Why's Story Mode Chapter plus Alpha Pig's skills with the alphabet and the Lucky Letter Lasso as it appears in the platforming section a lot.

Event #Extra03: A Tubby Toast Mess
Event Description:
Eh oh! It sounds like there is a problem in the Tubbytronic Superdome! The Tubby Custard Machine made a huge mess and thus the Teletubbies must clean it up! With the help of Noo-Noo, can they clean it up before it's too late?
Player: Teletubbies
Assist: Noo-Noo
Stage: Tubbytronic Superdome 32
Opponent(s): 3 random opponents (5 on a harder difficulty)
Event objective: In this event match, you must clean up the Tubby Custard Machine's mess by using Noo-Noo's assist function when the assist meter is full. Tubby Custard Machine items will spawn and cause more of a mess. Simply clean up wherever you see a mess of Tubby Custard and use Noo-Noo's assist function to clean a spot. If you get KOd, you fail the event.
References: The Teletubbies video game Play With the Teletubbies. Specifically, this event is referencing the House activity called Tubby Custard where the Tubby Custard Machine makes a mess and you have to get Noo-Noo to clean it.

Event #Extra04: Everyone's A Winner!
Event description:
Or can there be only one true winner?
Player: Choice
Stage: Everyone's a Winner Wheel
Opponent(s): Barney x2 (one Barney represents Rexy), Mr. Rogers, Ord, Teletubbies, Donkey, Dash
Opponents' Assist(s): Gilbert (for Barney), LeVar Burton (for Dash)
Event objective: In this event match, it's a simple no-frills battle similar to the Dash's PBS Kids World Tour events. When the Winner's Wheel spins, it will show a character at random. You must fight that character that appears on the wheel, the character that comes from that series, etc. Thus, the character shown will spawn. Once you have KOd that character, their icon will be displayed on the top left corner of the screen. You fight one opponent at a time. If you get KOd, you fail the event.
References: An overall reference to the Everyone's A Winner/Wheel ID and all the characters that presumably got IDs from this.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Sorry, was busy at a comic con last weekend, but those are all good, I could go with them.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my event matches will be used for Super Why! Now, time for our typical next two jobs dealing with new additions to the PBS Kids Archives!

Job 291:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Super Why update. We'll need one episode from Super Why despite the show already having an episode in the Archives due to the fact the series got an assist in the base game. There were no new PBS Kids shows receiving first-time content in Super Why's update besides more content for already represented series. Therefore, we will have many bonus episodes based on the content that comes with him! Submit episodes from the PBS Kids shows based on the new content. Also, you can also submit one additional episode that has nothing to do with the content coming with Super Why.

Job 292:

Submit 4 PBS Kids Website games and 2 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 4 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 2 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

PBS Kids Archives Episodes:

Super Why:

The Princess and The Pea

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood:

Episode 1531 (A Visit to the Trolley Museum)

Arthur:

Binky Goes Nuts/Breezy Listening Blues

Teletubbies:

Painting with Hands and Feet

Between the Lions:

City Mouse and Country Mouse/Happy Hocky Family Moves to the Country!

PBS Kids IDs/System Cues/Interstitials/Bumpersetc:

A collection of Coming Up Next bumpers as well as things like a collection of IDs and their variants such as the Everyone's A Winner/Wheel ID and so on.

Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends:

Navigation (Which Way Now?/Thomas and The Shooting Star)

For the Super Why episode, I was considering submitting the episode where Super Why tells the story of how he and his friends became the Super Readers. However, I feel it's best to go with an episode that focuses on one of the event matches that come with Super Why and it's the source material as well.

The Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episode was chosen as a bonus based on the event that came with Malik, Zadie and Zeke, as that inspired the "When To Stop and When To Go?" event match. Same with the Thomas and Friends episode as that episode has the song Navigation in it which is referenced in the event match title.

The Arthur episode I chose was primarily due to the second half as that does feature the Swellwood City Mall in The Brain's imagination.

The Teletubbies episode has a funny segment involving Tubby Custard similar to the event match that comes with the Super Why update despite it not being based on the Teletubbies video game,

The Between the Lions episode was chosen for the Click assist. I do feel we should include an episode from the Season 5-10 era despite me not liking those episodes as much as the first four seasons of the show. The episode I chose is cute as the first half does focus on Click.

Finally, the collection of Coming Up Next Bumpers and IDs come as we do have some more content from that area coming in this update. Thus, I feel it's time we add a collection of those IDs/system cues/bumpers/etc. to the Archives.

Website Games:

Super Why: Super Why Saves the Day

maxresdefault.jpg

Between the Lions: Pounce!

ezgif-5-6ac9e96c15.jpg

Teletubbies: As a surprise, the whole webpage with games and fun activities!

ezgif-5-8727128211.jpg

Dragon Tales: The Dragon Games

ezgif-5-5b1ed9429d.jpg

The Super Why website game I chose was at random and it's still on the PBS Kids webpage of the show to this day! It's just like an episode of Super Why.

I chose the Between the Lions website game Pounce! at random as I remember playing it as a kid. Plus, the show still needs a website game.

The Teletubbies webpage does not have many separate games so why not showcase off the whole webpage from the early 2000s?

Finally, we need a Dragon Tales website game so why not a game about stories as after all, Super Why is a show about stories.

Video Games:

Super Why: The Power to Read! (PC)

51T6Wm2ROdL._AC_.jpg

Arthur! Ready to Race (PlayStation 1)

41WTqkUxV7L.jpg

Surprisingly, I recently learned about there being a Super Why PC game based off of the Supe Why webpage from the obscure subscription service PBS Kids Play. So, why not have a video game based off of the show where our fighter is coming from?

Also, I chose an Arthur video game as I am surprised Arthur does not have any video games yet in the Archives besides website games. Plus, we need more console video games as opposed to PC games.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Just gonna pick a Super Why online game, that's it for me ¯\(ツ)

Princess Presto's Spectacular Spelling Play
1685068490160.png

Spelling is a whole lot of fun! I mean, it is a fun spelling game in general and it features the only Super Why character at launch.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I have decided that we will add all of my episodes, the bulk of the website games, and all the video games I submitted to the PBS Kids Archives. However, I have decided to let the webpage page for Super Why! Pop submitted join as well.

Now, I have a set of two jobs, one familiar and one new but with a twist as we are now at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale! Alongside this, our usual trailer side job comes as usual but with a twist as well!

Job 293:

Time for the fourth round of Legacy Skins! Submit up to 3 skin ideas based on majors or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things not from their shows. The top 3 ideas will be added to Super Why's pack.

However....there will be a Special fourth Legacy Skin revealed at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! Introducing Championship Legacy Skins! These skins are special as in each circuit, there will be one character receiving a skin based around the Championship Circuit. You can do any character and describe how the skin would look so no limits here. There must be something super special about it as this is a "Premium" Legacy Skin that will be free for those who purchased Super Why's pack before the Championship Circuit or attended the Championship Circuit finale. Otherwise, everyone else will have to buy the skin for $5.99. These skins will be separate from the Learner's Pass fighters! The top idea for this one will become our first Premium Legacy Skin!

The characters you can NOT submit Legacy Skins for (meaning the traditional three skins that come with a fighter) are:

• Big Bird
  • Elmo
  • Mr. Rogers
  • Arthur
  • Barney
  • The Kratt Bros
  • WordGirl
  • Digit
  • Lionel
  • Xavier Riddle
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Ord
  • Bob the Builder
All these fighters already have Legacy Skins so I feel we should give other characters a chance to show off their legacy!

Job 294:

There will also be a new mode showcased at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit finale that will come with the Super Why update! Submit an idea for a new mode! It must be something that can be showcased and it must be appealing for our fans!

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Super Why. There is a catch though! The reveal will be built up throughout the event so include some sort of live-action component to it as it will lead to the finale of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale! Make this build-up hype!

Legacy Skins

Super Smash Con Dash (and Dot)

images.jpeg
Super_Smash_Con_logo.png

I'm surprised PBS Kids' former mascot has not received a Legacy Skin yet. What better way to give him and his sister one based on a big Smash Bros/platform fighter major located in Virginia where the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale will be held! Basically, Dash just gets the Super Smash Con logo on his shirt, and the same with Dot. All his attacks (same as Dot's) have the comic-cartoony effect similar to the boxart from Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 64. A simple yet effective Legacy Skin.

Tingalayo Donkey

the_close_up_donkey_on_a_island__by_kidsongs07_dfrzy18-375w.jpg

Ok...this is definitely a very fun crossover skin I have had in my mind for a while. Based on the Barney and the Backyard Gang video Rock With Barney, we have a fun crossover skin for the Tots TV Donkey. Basically, Donkey gets the vacation hat as well as the colorful saddle and tropical wear he has. No visual effects to his attacks, just a fun, cute, skin.

Robot School Wear Betsy

maxresdefault.jpg

99-9-mian-pose-layout.jpg

Basically, as seen in Betsy's Story Mode chapter, we get Robotic School Wear Betsy. She simply wears the hi-tech robotic anime-esque suit she wore in Mrs. O'Connor's class in the Neon City. She simply gains anime-esque visual effects for all her attacks.

Premium Legacy Skin

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit Finale Host Ruff Ruffman!

ruff_ruffman_in_a_tuxedo_by_skaterdude25_dfpq6yf-fullview.jpg

What better way to give the Premium Legacy Skin to a character who is a gameshow host and will presumably be hosting the festivities for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit finale! Ruff Ruffman will wear a tuxedo with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo as well as have special gold effects to all his attacks. However, what makes this alternate Legacy Skin special is that one of the special visual effects is for his Down Special. For the explosion visual effects, each time it's used while playing, using this Legacy Skin for Ruff Ruffman, the explosion will showcase off the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo as well as logos of other PBS Kids shows!

New Mode

Brawltime Party Combo Contest

hb8cxag3y9yd57mwbj0g.gif

Inspired by NBA Dunk Contests as well as the Smash 64 Combo Contests at Super Smash Con comes the Brawltime Party Combo Contest mode! There are two different ways to play:

Free Play: The easier of the modes where you choose your character to do combos with, your stage and the items you use.

Combo Master: There is a preset character, preset stage and preset items for you to make the most optimal and flashiest combo possible!

You have two minutes each round to impress the judges with your cool combos. You will be scored from 1 to 10 based on the combos. Unlike the Smash 64 Combo Contest, there are only four players max and all players have a chance each round.

The judges in this mode are the same judges who judged Ernie in the PBS Kids: Ready to Learn ad Star Finder!

mqdefault.jpg

Theo Lion and Emily Elizabeth are easy to please but they will be fair with their scores. Oscar however will be tough to impress so really do your best to put on a show!

You can play this mode offline by yourself against CPUs, offline with friends or online against random players or your own friends online!

Super Why Reveal Trailer

The Quest to Find Princess Presto!

Sometime before the Top 8 of the PBS Kids: Brawltime Competitive Circuit Finale

The host is seen on the camera.

Host: Well, it seems to have gotten down to 8 but our friend Ruff Ruffman here found something strange. Ruffman, would you care to share?

Ruff Ruffman: Certainly, it seems we have a book here!

Ruffman is seen holding a book.

Ruff Ruffman: But Dash has a note on top of it that says: Do Not Read till there is a winner crowned! Huh...guess there is some sort of anticipation here. What do you say?

The camera zooms back to the host:

Host: I guess we'll have to wait till the winner of the Championship Circuit is crowned but let's get back to the action!

Before the Grand Finals of the Championship Circuit

Host: We are now down to two winners but

The screen starts showing Ruff Ruffman barely containing his excitement.

Ruff Ruffman: Sir...I can't wait too much longer!

Ruffman is seen readying his suit for this occasion and tries to slip open the book. However...Ruffman gets sucked into it like the Warp Pipe from the Mario Movie (2023).

Ruffman: WOAHHHHH!

Ruffman is sucked into it and we see the book close without seeing much of the book cover. The screen turns to black.

The camera zooms back to the host.

Host: I hope Ruff Ruffman is okay but now it's time for Grand Finals!

After Grand Finals

The host is seen congratulating the winner until we see Announcer Bunny pop out of his hat (actually appearing live like a Muppet) making an announcement.

Announcer Bunny: I have just received word that we found where Ruff Ruffman as well as some other Brawltime Party attendees are currently! One of our assists is lost somewhere and is in need of someone who is qualified to join the Brawltime Party!!! Let's see what's up!

We zoom into the screen where we see the cover of the book saying "Brawltime Party World" (as a reference to the Mario World games).

We see Ruff Ruffman, Mr. Rogers, Ms. Frizzle, and Xavier Riddle in some sort of 3D platformer game environment. All the dialogue said is seen on screen as subtitles as well similar to Super Mario Sunshine

Ruff Ruffman: Hey...where are we?

Mr. Rogers looks around.

Mr. Rogers: Certainly not the neighborhood...

He notices a castle over in the distance.

Mr. Rogers: There's a castle over there though.

Ms. Frizzle: Ah yes, adventure...my favorite! Even without my bus, I'm sure my assistance will be appreciated!

Xavier Riddle: I fear nothing...but we can get through this...TOGETHER!

The four friends nod and we see a montage of them going through different platforming worlds similar to the Mario 3D games. We see them jump and dodge obstacles and use their attacks.

While after going through the worlds, we see them approach the castle. There is Dash.

Dash: I'm sorry, but the person or should I say...PRINCESS you are looking for is in another castle!

They all sigh.

Ruff Ruffman: Well, what are we going to do?

Xavier Riddle: Let's keep going then!

We see them go into the final castle after a while where there we see....Princess Presto!!!

Mr. Rogers: There's that princess we were looking for!

Ms. Frizzle: Task completed! Wahoooo!

Ruff Ruffman runs over to her.

Ruff Ruffman: So...we're glad to rescue you. Now, what's the next challenge your highness?

Princess Presto: Well, I'm looking for someone worthy of this invite to some Brawltime Party! And, because you all came here, you unlocked a new hero to join your quest!

Suddenly, we see the castle doors open to a familiar green hero. We see him fly forward.

Mr. Rogers: A superhero?! What's your name?

Super Why: Hi, I'm Whyatt! But, everyone calls me Super Why!

Princess Presto: Whyatt! Glad you made it! Here, I have something for you!

Super Why: Really? What is it?

We see Princess Presto hand Super Why the familiar green invite.

Super Why: An Invite to Dash's Brawltime Party?! You were here but I wasn't? Well, better late than never but time to be super!!!

We then cut to Super Why making his iconic pose and then:

Introducing Super Why! (Super Why stands next to the text while Announcer Bunny says "Super Why!")

We then cut to gameplay footage of Super Why fighting against Ruff Ruffman, Mr. Rogers and Ms. Frizzle on the PTV Park stage with a remix of the Super Why theme with lyrics/music from Super Readers to The Rescue mixed in as well!

Super Why: Well, it's now time for me to become super as I usually am!

We see him use various moves on various fighters such as his Light Moves on Lionel and Elmo on the Busterfield Library stage and his Up Special on the Tarrytown Sky Parade Stage. He even uses his Down Special with the Martha Speaks assist against WordGirl on the WordGirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout stage.

Then, we cut to the reveal of Storybrook Village where we see footage of the event match "Are You Fit to Be A Princess?" where Super Why is with the Princess Presto assist where we see him fight against Arthur, Ms. Frizzle and Marvin. We see all the various hazards and settings of the stage.

Princess Presto: I will gladly help you Whyatt, with spelling power!

Super Why: When the Super Readers stick together, anything is possible!

Afterward, we see Alpha Pig come in.

Alpha Pig: Alpha Pig here, with alphabet power!

Super Why: Woah! Alpha Pig, you came too?

We then see more gameplay footage where Super Why has the Alpha Pig assist on the Once Upon a Restaurant stage fighting against Ord, the Kratt Bros, and Hacker using his assist function. There's even footage of Super Why's Story Mode chapter with the platforming section with Alpha Pig as your assist.

We even see footage of the Lucky Letter Lasso and its functions across different stages.

Super Why: Your lasso is quite handy, Alpha Pig!

Alpha Pig: Thanks Whyatt!

Finally, we cut to footage featuring Super Why's gimmick being The Power to Read! Each word shown off is displayed in the top left corner while being used.

We see Super Why use:

• big/tiny on Barney on the Mother Goose Land Stage
  • speedy/slowpoke on Donkey on the Tots TV House Stage
  • up/down on Elmo on the Tickle Me Land Stage
  • slow/fast on Ms. O on the Precinct 13579 stage
  • invisible/visible on himself on the Magical Events stage
During the usage of the words, Super Why will say:

Super Why: I have the power to read and I'm ready to be super!

We cut to final gameplay footage of Super Why traversing through different stages such as hanging out in the Secret Museum, him posing with Princess Presto in front of Bobsville Castle and even Super Why with Alpha Pig as well as with the Piggley Winks assist helping Lionel on the Busterfield Library stage.

As we cut to the final notes of the theme, we cut back to the 3D video game animation where we see Super Why do a pose similar to Mario as well as Mr. Rogers, Ms. Frizzle, Mr. Rogers and Xavier Riddle alongside Princess Presto and Alpha Pig posing and smiling celebrating Super Why joining the Brawltime Party!

As the last note hits, we see Super Why be added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters, Donkey, Ms. O, Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke and Betsy there.

We then cut to copyrights and the black screen.

Host: Well...wasn't that something? Super Why will be joining PBS Kids: Brawltime! very soon! We have covered almost everything that will be coming with his update! BUT, there may be more surprises coming soon! We hope to see you all next year for another fantastic PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! Keep on brawling and good night!

This trailer introduces:

• Super Why as a fighter, his moveset and the Power to Read gimmick
  • Storybrook Castle as his home stage and the hazards
  • Alpha Pig as an assist and his function
  • The Lucky Letter Lasso as an item and what it does
  • A look at one of the Event Matches that comes with Super Why "Are You Fit to Be A Princess?"
  • A look at Super Why's Story Mode Chapter (specifically the Alpha Pig platforming section)
Notes:

• For the non-livestreamed version of this trailer, it simply starts with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with all 20 base roster characters, Donkey, Ms. O, Bob the Builder, Malik, Zadie and Zeke and Betsy by it and we cut right to where Ruff Ruffman gets sucked into the book and we get right into the action.
  • Super Why's trailer pays homage to the 3D Mario games/3D platformers (specifically 3D World). Hence, you may notice the four characters selected are similar to Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad. Even Xavier Riddle says the quote "I fear nothing." like Toad said in the 2023 Mario movie. There's even a focus on a princess similar to how Princess Peach is stuck in castles.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, sorry Im SOOOO late on this, but I actually love the entirety of AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's submissions, with my most favorites being Betsy's robo-school wear, Theo Lion and Emily Elizabeth as hosts of the new game mode as well as Super Why's reveal trailer referencing the Super Mario movie. Because of those, I'm good with them, we can move on.

My reveal trailer I had in mind initially for Super Why was So Creative Using Meticulous Manstrength to get Victory that is Marvelous, but oh well, I guess I'll just save it for the next fighter, no problem.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my Legacy Skin ideas as well as the Brawltime Party Combo Contest mode and my reveal trailer idea for Super Why will be added to our list of ideas so well done to me! Now, it's time for our second round of Sponsorship Packs!

Job 295:

If you remember, we submitted sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit's second year! Once again, there will be "Sponsorship Packs" where players can buy various minor content related to the sponsors of the game. Each sponsor has a different content ratio in terms of what theywill give to their Sponsorship Pack. Remember, each purchase gives the prize pool for the Competitive Circuit finale a huge boost! You can submit content for all sponsors. As a bonus, you can also describe how promotions can work for PBS Kids: Brawltime! in the actual products of these brands.

Our sponsors for the second year of the Championship Circuit are:

• Chuck E. Cheese's
    • Pack will come with one Legacy Skin, one item and one stage reskin
  • Kraft Foods
    • Pack will come with one Legacy Skin, several items and one stage reskin
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill
    • Pack will come with one Legacy Skin and one item
  • Olive Garden
    • Pack will come with one Legacy Skin and one item or two items
Also, you CANNOT submit Legacy Skins for:

• Arthur
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Bob the Builder
These characters already received Legacy Skins in Sponsorship Packs. You cannot submit another Stage Reskin for the Tower of Learning as that stage already received a sponsorship pack reskin.
Get submitting and really use your imagination!

I will be putting all Sponsorship Pack ideas in spoiler tags due to the text/image heaviness of these.

Legacy Skin:

Barney in Chuck E. Cheese's Outfit

bob-west-auditioned-for-the-role-of-barney-1665112690.jpg

avenger_chuck_e__cheese_png_by_coolteon2000_dfmpx3q-fullview.png

What better character to give a Legacy Skin based on Chuck E. Cheese himself than another character who loves singing, dancing and fun? Funny thing is, one of Barney's former voice actors being Bob West also voiced Jasper and Pasqually, two other Chuck E. Cheese characters.

Basically, Barney will sport Chuck E. Cheese's outfit from the mid-late 90s to 2012ish where he gains Chuck E's hat, signature shirt and shorts. His attacks stay the same except there is a confetti effect at the end of the attack for a visual change to reflect how Chuck E. Cheese's has birthday parties.

Item:

Chuck E's Skateboard

ezgif-4-5d52079486.jpg

Seen in some of the sponsorship funding credit ads for Chuck E. Cheese's, we get Chuck E's skateboard. A fighter can simply ride it and then...when pressing the attack button, they can do a sick skateboard trick causing some damage! However, watch out as once you get on the skateboard, you can't get off till your time is up on there!

Stage Reskin:

PTV Park Chuck E. Cheese's Variant

I feel Chuck E. Cheese's pack should get a stage reskin for a competitively legal stage due to Chuck E. Cheese himself being a gamer. It's simply PTV Park but the background will change and have the backgrounds seen in various funding credits ads for Chuck E. Cheese's seen over the years.

(HiFiMov.co)_arthur-season-11-closing-and-funding-credits-itunes.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

You will even see Chuck E. Cheese himself in the background doing some cool sports tricks!

As for some in real-life promotional marketing, there is a lot. Basically, various kiddy rides will return for Barney as well as for other PBS Kids shows that got kiddy rides at Chuck E. Cheese's like Bob the Builder and such. Even the old "Proud Sponsor of PBS Kids" picture frames will come back to the walls of Chuck E. Cheese locations.

There will also be goody bags themed around PBS Kids: Brawltime! and such which will give people discounts on the game and some fun promotional content.

Finally, there will be a limited edition token set for older fans looking for nostalgia with various PBS Kids characters from shows that have been sponsored by Chuck E. Cheese's! It's a limited edition set as well!

ezgif-4-577fc80356.jpg

The characters that will appear on the tokens include:

• Barney
  • Arthur
  • Buster
  • Chris and Martin Kratt
  • WordGirl
  • Maya and Miguel
  • Clifford
  • Ruff Ruffman
  • Gilbert
  • Wishbone
  • Papa Bear
  • Super Why
  • Martha
Additionally, each token will have the year of the character's respective PBS Kids debut on it as a fun Easter egg. Each purchase of this token set for hardcore fans will have a portion of it placed in the pot for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit finale!

There will also be a compilation of the Chuck E. Cheese sponsorship ads added to the PBS Kids Archives with this update!

Legacy Skin:

Kraft Foods Connoisseur Mr. Rogers

MV5BZjgzNjhkYWQtODRmOS00MjNjLWEwOWEtMjlhODllY2I2MGZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg
1200px-Kraft_logo_2012.svg.png

A bit of a stretch here, but there was once an episode of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood where Mr. Rogers learned about how macaroni was made. Therefore, since I feel there are not that many opportunities for this gentleman to receive Sponsorship Pack Legacy Skins, why not give him one based off of Kraft Foods? He will simply gain a sweater with the Kraft logo on the back of it. As for his Light Neutral move, the items he will share will be various food products from Kraft as product placement as well as the Kraft logo appearing in the background of his Down Special alongside the kind messages as just a visual effect.

Items:

Ore Ida Potato Clock

ezgif-1-8c9491337c.jpg

Based on a thing seen in the Bill Nye the Science Guy funding credits comes the Ore Ida Potato Clock. A fighter can simply hold the attack button and set up the potatoes to make it start the clock. Then, after a little while, the clock will "electrocute" the surrounding fighters. Great for attacking multiple fighters at once! The funny thing is, Mr. Rogers did meet Bill Nye once so it's perfect I chose Mr. Rogers for the Legacy Skin.

Capri Sun Juice Pouch

GUEST_5505c348-d94a-43d3-a9c4-70e2fa71da5c.jpeg

A versatile item based on another brand that sponsored a PBS Kids show, Nature Cat I believe. A fighter can simply pick up a Capri Sun pouch and drink it to restore some health or it can be used similarly to the commercials in the 2000s-2010s where you step on the Capri Sun pouch and juice will splash on the fighters giving them damage and pushing them a smidge away from you!

Kraft Mac and Cheese

220622114834-kraft-mac-and-cheese.jpg

It's the iconic mac and cheese itself! You can eat the bowl of mac and cheese to restore health but if you eat too much of it, your stats will be nerfed as mac and cheese isn't the most nutritious.

Jell-O

kraft-jello-gelatin-strawberry-85g.jpg

Basically, it's another versatile food item! A fighter can consume it to restore a little or throw it at another fighter to give them damage or get them stuck.

Kool-Aid

kizggkgflcjst0elfzpl_1000.jpg

It's the iconic drink that when drank by a fighter, you will restore some of your health and gain some stat buffs. Oh yeah!!!!!

Stage Reskin

Land of Make-Believe reskinned into Kraft World

Basically, for the stage reskin, I was thinking since Mister Rogers' Neighborhood had some connections to Kraft, why not give his home stage the reskin? All the same background is still there with the Land of Make-Believe characters. However, the stage will have the Kraft logo on it as well as the logos of various Kraft products appear. Similarly, even some Kraft mascots will appear in the background cheering you on like the Kool-Aid man or the Cheeseasauraus Rex! It's a simple reskin for a competitively legal stage honoring Kraft as a company!

There will also be the addition of the Ore Ida and Capri Sun sponsorship ads added to the PBS Kids Archives to further our collection of funding credits in the Archives.

As for real-life tie-in promotions, there will be tie-in products for several of Kraft's brands like their mac and cheese, Kool-Aid, Capri Sun, etc. There, you can get coupons for the game as well as other goodies about it. In fact, you could win yourself a free copy of the game! Furthermore, Lunchables will be holding a sweepstakes where you could win the ultimate PBS Kids: Brawltime! Party Package where you win a copy of the game with the first Learner's Pass as well as an all-expenses paid trip to the Championship Circuit finale alongside VIP treatment there where you will get access to additional goodies, chat with the developers, etc.

Legacy Skin:

Chipotle Mexican Grill: Chipotle Pepper Ord

maxresdefault.jpg

Chipotle_Mexican_Grill_Logo.jpg

An idea I had in mind for a while and since Dragon Tales has a character from Mexico being Quetzal, Ord is the PERFECT character to gain a Legacy Skin for this popular Mexican fast food chain!

He simply gets colored in the colors of the Chipotle logo as well as gets the logo on his belly. Each of his attacks have a bit of a visual effect similar to queso. In fact, for his Light Neutral and Neutral Special, the food is all Mexican food (a burrito replacing the cupcake for the Light Neutral and the chips for the Neutral Special).

Item:

Queso Blanco

106068582-15652676122491.jpg

This dip is surely a Mexican classic and it's a versatile item right here in PBS Kids: Brawltime! As for the item itself, your fighter can eat the queso with a chip which will recover your health and give you shorter fire breath in your mouth to attack opponents or you can choose to throw the item and give your opponent a quick queso burn. If you choose to throw it on the ground, you can create a queso puddle for some burning as well so watch out if a flying queso is coming your way!

As for real tie-in promotions, I can imagine Chipotle making a special "Dragon Land Queso" for Ord since he is the character getting a Legacy Skin here with a special color themed after Dragon Land cuisine. Also, throughout the Championship Circuit, you could win yourself free Chipotle similar to what they are going to do at EVO!

Legacy Skin:

Olive Garden Goer Buster

0537ee17109613dfd5ed772dbfa7e921.jpg
Olive_Garden_Logo.svg.png

What better character to give a Legacy Skin too for one of our restaurant sponsors than a character who loves food? Look no further than Olive Garden Goer Buster! He simply will have the Olive Garden Logo on his shirt as well be in the green and black of the new logo. His attacks that have food in them will all have various Olive Garden foods in place of the regular foods seen in his attacks for that good product placement! He seems to love the food from there!

Item:

Breadsticks

d-parties-to-go-dozen-breadsticks-dpv.jpg

These signature breadsticks can be used as either a healing item as food or as a melee item like a sword. However, if used as a melee item, the breadstick will break in half and will be deemed unconsumable so watch out!

As for the promotion, I was thinking that the kids' menu at Olive Garden locations will gain some PBS Kids activities and some stuff related to PBS Kids: Brawltime! In fact, you could even get Buster's Amazing Spaghetti off the kids' menu. Additionally, you can get coupons from PBS Kids: Brawltime! to receive a discount on your food from Olive Garden! Finally, like Chipotle, there will be chances throughout the Competitive Circuit to win free Olive Garden as well!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Since I'm satisfied with AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's submissions for both Kraft and Chuck E. Cheese's, I'll submit things for the others

Though for AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Kraft submissions, I do have some ideas. One is to make the Jell-O item also being able to turn into a cube trampoline, just to embrace the nature of Jell-O itself, and another idea I have is to make a Kraft mac-and-cheese that has pasta shaped into the heads of the PBS Kids: Brawltime fighters, since you know, Kraft didn't do any PBS Kids tie-ins with their mac-and-cheese!

My ideas are mostly just items

Item:

Chipolte's signature Burrito

1686261229741.png

I feel like Chipotle's burrito is just way too iconic that it has cemented into other people's minds. As an item, it won't spawn very frequently, but it'll heal a whopping 80%-120% damage AND buff your strength AND defense for a short time, it's just THAT filling.

As for real tie-in promotions, Chipotle could make a special "Anomaly Burrito", featuring a special purple-colored tortilla filled with stuffings based on the various PBS Kids: Brawltime! fighters, heck maybe even the other characters the Anomaly has captured! Like what Chipotle is doing at EVO, you could have a chance to win a free Chipotle during the Championship Circuit!

Item:

Breadstick Sandwiches

1686262222606.png
1686262215177.png

A Limited-Time dish at Olive Garden that doubles as a healing item AND a projectile item. As a projectile item, it is used to shoot out its contents, but will render it unconsumable, so choose wisely!

As for the promotion, why not bring back the fan-favorite sandwich again for a limited time as well as give away coupons for the Competitive Circuit and various flyers and table placemats with PBS Kids and PBS Kids: Brawltime stuff on them? In the Competitive Circuit itself, you can have the chance to win a Free Olive Garden too!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so the majority of my content will be added to the Sponsorship Packs. However, Pop's ideas for the items for Chipotle and Olive Garden will be added to my item ideas. Heck, I LOVE the idea of the Anomaly Burrito tie-in marketing for Chipotle for sure. I wonder how the Anomaly Burrito would taste.

Now, we must move on to our free update content for Scholastic! First, we are starting off with a double-stage job!

Job 296:

As for one of the stages to come with the free update with Scholastic content, submit a stage based on a non-licensed Scholastic IP that recieved a video game. This includes anything such as the I Spy games, Math Missions, Animal Genius, etc.

Job 297:

As for the second stage to come with the free content update, submit a stage from a video game published by Scholastic based on a PBS Kids show. Preferably, I would like the stage to be from a PBS Kids show that was produced by Scholastic as well.

Describe the stage(s)' layout, hazards and/or gimmicks if any. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Scholastic Original IP Stage:

I Spy

ispy_screenshot1.jpg.png

Yes, I Spy is technically a book series but it's worth noting the iconic PC games that came with it as well. Basically, it's a walkoff stage where you fight across pages on an I Spy book but the layout changes periodically as the game goes on. Throughout the fight, the child's voice from the game will announce the item you are looking for. You can attack the object as said. If you find the right item, you get a tiny stat buff or useful item. If you find the wrong item, you get penalized!

Also, if you hold down the X button at the stage select screen, you can change the I Spy stage theme based on the various I Spy games such as a layout based on I Spy School Days, I Spy Mystery, etc. All the pages and puzzles come directly from the game itself.

PBS Kids Show Scholastic Video Game Stage:

The Magic School Bus Lands on Mars Activity Center

ezgif-5-d5fad454c2.jpg

This is the Magic School Bus PC game that got added to a Brain Play collection. It's similar to how the I Spy stage has interactive elements. However, the layout of the stage is similar to the WarioWare layout and there are no walk-offs. Each activity will be the same as the PC game itself. However, only the player who completes the activity gets rewarded. There are no penalties as Ms. Frizzle believes in making mistakes! All activities from inside and outside the bus are seen and can be interacted with.

The only part of the stage where you can take damage is the Land on Mars activity where the lander may crash so watch out! If you are in the way of the crash, you will be sent flying! If stage hazards are turned off, this could be a counter pick stage for tournaments. The Magic School Bus is iconic so it deserves a competitively legal stage.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I must say, I only have something for Job 296:

I Spy
Fantasy
1686365445072.png

This stage features 3 layouts that are chosen at random, though you can hold certain buttons to pick a stage formation! The Outer Space formation resembles Garden of Hope, with the rocket sometimes blasting off and landing at certain times. The Medieval Castle formation is like the first part of Castle Siege, where you can see a dragon flying by or even the princess trying to escape from time to time. The Underwater formation is similar to the Steel Diver stage from SSF2, along with the reduced gravity gimmick too! Also, during certain moments on stage, the young woman's voice from the game will give a small rhyme featuring a specific item. Hitting the right item will offer the fighter who did it a small stat buff or a random item, but hitting the wrong one will result in some penalties!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

I Spy

View attachment 373132

Yes, I Spy is technically a book series but it's worth noting the iconic PC games that came with it as well. Basically, it's a walkoff stage where you fight across pages on an I Spy book but the layout changes periodically as the game goes on. Throughout the fight, the child's voice from the game will announce the item you are looking for. You can attack the object as said. If you find the right item, you get a tiny stat buff or useful item. If you find the wrong item, you get penalized!

Also, if you hold down the X button at the stage select screen, you can change the I Spy stage theme based on the various I Spy games such as a layout based on I Spy School Days, I Spy Mystery, etc. All the pages and puzzles come directly from the game itself.
I must say, I only have something for Job 296:

I Spy
Fantasy
View attachment 373140

This stage features 3 layouts that are chosen at random, though you can hold certain buttons to pick a stage formation! The Outer Space formation resembles Garden of Hope, with the rocket sometimes blasting off and landing at certain times. The Medieval Castle formation is like the first part of Castle Siege, where you can see a dragon flying by or even the princess trying to escape from time to time. The Underwater formation is similar to the Steel Diver stage from SSF2, along with the reduced gravity gimmick too! Also, during certain moments on stage, the young woman's voice from the game will give a small rhyme featuring a specific item. Hitting the right item will offer the fighter who did it a small stat buff or a random item, but hitting the wrong one will result in some penalties!
My Magic School Bus stage will get in. However, we need to vote on an I Spy stage to join the Scholastic update so please vote in the Strawpoll below!

I Spy Stage Poll
I Spy AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
I Spy
Fantasy PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto our jobs for an additional assist and two items!

Job 298:

Submit an assist based on a character from a non-licensed Scholastic IP that is mostly centered around Scholastic's video games. Describe what the assist does and its function.

Job 299:

Submit an item based on something from a non-licensed Scholastic IP. Describe what the item does.

Job 300:

Submit an item exclusive to a PBS Kids show video game published by Scholastic. Describe what the item does as well.

Scholastic IP Assist:

Ada (Math Missions)

129268488_pcmac---math-missions-grades-k-2-overstockcom.jpg

Ok, as a kid I loved Math Missions so I'm biased with picking the young girl who's the guide in the game. Basically, Ada will follow you around with the (@)Pet and will allow you to answer math questions/solve math problems based on the various activities/games you can play in Math Missions: The Race to Spectacle City. If you answer a question correctly, you gain money similar to how you gain money in Math Missions: The Race to Spectacle City. With the money, you can purchase items with it. More powerful items are more expensive! When the assist meter is full, it's double or nothing! Complete an activity correctly and you get double the money to buy items with! Fail and you lose it all! A very risk/reward based assist.

Scholastic IP Item:

Animal Genius

51CDy8YPWdL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

This idea is a bit of STRETCH but hear me out. Basically, a copy of the Animal Genius PC game falls on the battlefield. When a fighter opens up the PC game box, you basically get the chance to summon a random animal to assist you. Summoning the animal will create an "Animal Alert" like in the game since the animals are out of their habitats and in the fight which is the wrong habitat for most. There will only be five out of the 25 animals in this item that you can summon to assist you. Each has equal probabilities to be summoned except the polar bear which would be the most uncommon animal.

The animals that you can summon:

• Zebra: it can trot around the stage and run into fighters giving them minimal damage and knockback
  • Monkey: it will climb on other fighters and give them damage for a short time to any fighter the monkey latches onto.
  • Clownfish: it will trap fighters in a bubble for a short time
  • Raccoon: it will steal items from any nearby fighter
  • Polar Bear: the most powerful of the five animals, it will slide across the stage and try to catch the fighters causing a lot of damage as well as throw the fighters similar to Etalus's Throw in Rivals of Aether where you can picked up in midair and be thrown downward off the stage.
PBS Kids Show Scholastic Video Game Item:

Manny's Boombox (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

sddefault.jpg

As far as I'm aware, Manny's Boombox seems to be exclusive to the PC game Clifford's Learning Activities. Basically, any fighter who picks this up can throw the boombox on the stage either causing it to explode to send fighters flying or they can place it on the ground somewhere to cause the fighters to "dance" making them unable to fight for a few seconds, giving you the upper advantage for attacking! However, this boombox can be easily destroyed and give you damage in the process so be careful!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
All those submissions are good, so I'll go with them. ;)

I just await the next set of jobs.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so for the I Spy stage, since the vote ended in a tie, I will go with Pop's stage as it was more specific towards a specific I Spy game so well done to him. Alongside this, my items will all be added.

Now, before I announce the next slew of jobs being Legacy Skins and PBS Kids Archives content to come with the free Scholastic update, I have an update regarding Pop himself who has been a super active contributor here as well as my co-runner for this thread. As of June 30th, Pop will no longer be able to co-run this thread as well as contribute at all due to his commitments in real life along with him going away for four months with his family. This is no longer sustainable for him sadly and wish him the best of luck with his other commitments. Thus, we all want to give a big thanks to Pop for all he's contributed, the ideas he posed, and such. However, this means I am looking for a new co-runner for the thread. If anyone is interested, please contact me about it via PM on Smashboards. Also, I am hoping more of you contribute like Pop did as he inspired me to continue with this idea. Hopefully, I want to get more activity in this thread because of this and I want to see this idea 100% completed and so does Pop.

I will be sending him emails regarding the updates of his thread. Everyone, let's all thank Pop for all his contributions to this thread and hopefully, we can use some of his ideas for other stuff. But, for now, I am looking for more thread participation as well as a new co-runner for the thread. Please tell your friends to be potential contributors if they are interested in contributing so I can keep this thread alive.

With that being said, time for the next order of jobs!

Job 301:

Submit 2-3 Legacy Skins based on Scholastic's IPs whether based on a PBS Kids show produced by Scholastic or an original Scholastic IP.

Job 302:

Submit any Scholastic-related content to the PBS Kids Archives as well as minor content for other modes like the Photo Album and such.

Legacy Skins

Scholastic Origins Ms. Frizzle and WordGirl

500.jpeg
wordgirl001.gif
scholastic-logo-png-transparent.png

Basically, I was thinking that both of the Scholastic girls on our roster should get skins with the Scholastic logo on their clothing.

Ms. Frizzle will simply gain the Scholastic logo on her dress as well as her appearance being more based on her appearance in the Magic School Bus books compared to the TV shows. The dress will be black and red colored as well. Her attacks will have the visual appearance of a book illustration as well since she is an illustrated character more than a TV show character in this Legacy Skin.

WordGirl will simply gain the Scholastic logo on her chest as well as on her cape. She will have a comic outline since she is well...a superhero alongside comic-themed attack bubbles.

PBS Kids Archives Scholastic Content

Website Games

WordGirl: WordGirl/Miss Power Face-Off

wordgirl.png

Clifford the Big Red Dog (2000 Series): Clifford's Buried Treasure

Video of the game

Maya and Miguel: World of Sports

sddefault.jpg

Video Games

The Magic School Bus Lands on Mars Activity Center

511ESDPREFL.jpg

Clifford the Big Red Dog: Learning Activities

510M1EQXWHL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I Spy Fantasy (unlockable after beating the two event matches that come with the Scholastic free content update)

51K2EEGY5VL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

As a special surprise, a special interactive book of the WordGirl Marvel Comic!

wordgirl001.gif

I felt for website games, I chose some from the Scholastic PBS Kids shows. I don't think Magic School Bus has any but I remember the Clifford's Buried Treasure as a game. I think the WordGirl game I chose looks cool as well as vaguely remembering the Maya and Miguel game chosen. Speaking of which...if this is chosen to be the slew of content added, this will be the first time shows not represented by fighters in this game will have website games join the PBS Kids Archives!

The video games are pretty self-explanatory as they have gained content in this update. But, the big surprise is the WordGirl comic. I may be hinting at some other ideas for free content from other edutainment companies here but....like in the style of various interactive books from edutainment brands, the Narrator from WordGirl will read the comic along with the cast reprising their voices for the characters in the comic to take a look at this rare piece of Scholastic and PBS Kids media for sure!

PBS Kids Episodes to join the Archives

Magic School Bus

Taking Flight

WordGirl

The Rise of Miss Power

Clifford the Big Red Dog (2000 Series)

Cleo Comes To Town/False Friends

Maya and Miguel

Soccer Mom

Also, there will be bonus clips of commercials/demos of various Scholastic PC games and such like the VSmile/VTech update had as well.

I do feel the Magic School Bus episode I chose is based on an episode that got a Magic School Bus PC game based on it. It's one of my favorites as I like planes.

We need more movies/specials based on PBS Kids shows in the Archives so why not have a WordGirl movie since it does star a WordGirl villain seen in the WordGirl website game I submitted?

The Clifford episode stars Manny in it who has an item based on his character; the boombox specifically. Finally, the Maya and Miguel episode was chosen based on the website game as well.

Bonus content added to the photo album:

• Pictures of Scholastic game/Original Scholastic IP content (anything Scholastic, as well as Scholastic PBS Kids, show related content)
  • Pictures of the Scholastic game boxart and such, gameplay footage, renders of the characters, etc.
  • Renders for all content that came in the update
Basically, similar to the same content that came in the VSmile/VTech update in a way.

Top Bottom