• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

etano

Smash Cadet
Shoutout time:

Have I liked your posts? You're in it
Have I replied to your posts? You're in it
Have you liked my posts? You're in it
Have you posted here? You're in it
Do you enjoy Smashboards? You're in it
Are you human? You're in it
Are you not human? You're in it
Preach!! ( ͡°Ɛ ͡°)

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
While the number of pages in this thread is impressive, I just glanced at the actual post count and almost couldn't believe it at first sight. That's almost 400,000 posts in this thread.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I legitimately have enjoyed my time with everyone here and will show that by continuing to be in their presence after this thread closes because it's just a ****ing thread the site is still going to be open guys.

And also, Zachmac is dope, yo. I'd swipe right on that.
"Why do we celebrate New Year's? It's just a day, we're still going to be alive tomorrow guys."

...:p

I consider these shout-out posts a celebration of what has come before. Ringing in the new thread with statements of appreciation for others.
(Granted, by this logic they're probably coming a day earlier than they need to. :laugh:)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Sorry to break up the wholesomeness going on in this thread, but I want directions; is there a thread discussing/debating the potential of Assist Trophies as DLC somewhere on the site? I've got a few things I'd like to throw out there.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sorry to break up the wholesomeness going on in this thread, but I want directions; is there a thread discussing/debating the potential of Assist Trophies as DLC somewhere on the site? I've got a few things I'd like to throw out there.
Not currently.
If you want, you could nominate that for discussion on the RTC thread.

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
I mean, there is a newcomer speculation forum under the Character Discussions. Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but there may be specifics in it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh god, I don't know if I can do a mass tag thank you message justice as I'll forget so many of you

GAH, but with the power of friendship, I'll do my best

Noipoi Noipoi @Alastor017 Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth @Mr. Wario Iridium Iridium staindgrey staindgrey KMDP KMDP ZephyrZ ZephyrZ PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 @Wademan94 KingofKoopas KingofKoopas @Sniper_Fox Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @TheCJBrine @faygoshill NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @GothFluttershy @Blade of Evil's Bane RyuhoFox RyuhoFox Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman Idon Idon DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon MSmariosonic MSmariosonic @Thesaurus30 @Shroob @PeridotGX and anyone I forgot

And you two may get on my nerves several times, but Will Will and TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 as well

:yoshi:
Someone tagged me in a thank you post.

This is the best thing to happen since the last time it happened.

Cries tears of being included.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Not currently.
If you want, you could nominate that for discussion on the RTC thread.
I mean, there is a newcomer speculation forum under the Character Discussions. Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but there may be specifics in it.
Danke. I'll just go to the speculation thread, but maybe I'll start up a thread for making counterarguments if the fanbase becomes a smidge too riled up again.

[FLASHBACKS TO DECEMBER 15TH 2015 AND NOVEMBER 1ST 2018]

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
You think that was stupid?
That's nothing

Anyone remember my dumb "Naive biased speculation" rant, where I was complaining that most leaks/evidence only got looked as legit, if there was a highly requested character involved?

My goodness, how much I've changed
I find it amazing how many leaks make a leaked character highly requested retroactively. When you think about it that way sales and popularity are better routes than polls.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Oh god, I don't know if I can do a mass tag thank you message justice as I'll forget so many of you

Noipoi Noipoi @Alastor017 Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth @Mr. Wario Iridium Iridium staindgrey staindgrey KMDP KMDP ZephyrZ ZephyrZ PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 @Wademan94 KingofKoopas KingofKoopas @Sniper_Fox Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @TheCJBrine @faygoshill NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @GothFluttershy @Blade of Evil's Bane RyuhoFox RyuhoFox Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman Idon Idon DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon MSmariosonic MSmariosonic @Thesaurus30 @Shroob @PeridotGX and anyone I forgot

And you two may get on my nerves several times, but Will Will and TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 as well

like i said to RyuhoFox RyuhoFox , love you too man now help me get a RL amusement ride to pair with Yoshi for Smash Land :p

D

Deleted member

Okay I won't lie, seeing all these shoutouts and not getting named once is making me feel a little anxious about my self esteem. I'll chalk it up to me not being that active or funny though and not take it personally.

I shouldn't have a right to be upset when I'm not planning on a shoutout post myself though.
You're pretty cool, Zachmac. Your posts are always really interesting, and some of my favorite in the thread.

You also have excellent taste in mains; Pokemon Trainer and Bowser are dope.

D

Deleted member

thanks for the shoutout!
also i love your new pfp it's amazing

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
In a sense, I get it. Not the volatile responses to people they deem casuals or the hissyfits they're known to throw, but more the idea of "I was here first and I'm more of a fan than you." It's somehow disheartening when a clearly more casual fan talks about how much they love something despite not being able to keep up with you in a conversation about it.

Ever since Daredevil came to Netflix, I've run into so many huge Daredevil fans who can't name a single character who wasn't in the show. As a comic book nerd who ****ing loved Daredevil since middleschool, those conversations annoy me.
Having talked to many casual fans who got turned off by diehards: Let people like things. You started somewhere.

Uh okay. King K. Rool's Gang-Plank Galleon
Apparently some amusement park in France has this ride:

Blares the Smash remix of Gang-Plank Galleon full force 24/7
Great job, that would look and be amazing.

Any mainstream advertising and coverage for DK and the Kremlings uglee dezignz is an instant like :p

I vaguely remember skimming over one.

Also there is a thread here: https://smashboards.com/threads/assist-trophies.457413/

It is dormant though, if suitable perhaps make your own one and see how you go.

So thread is closing soon.....not surprised tbh, the discussion was at times quite stale and repetitive.

Oh well thanks all, it was generally a good and sometimes....interesting read most of the time.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
School had me for a while.

Anyway, still haven't spent a year here. Even that hasn't stopped me from being familiar with more people than I was expecting. Does anybody else ever think "what if [insert anything] never happened?" to themselves? If I never considered buying Smash and watching tourneys, I probably would have never been here at all. Not the most emotive person in the world, but I can say I have made friends here. I don't know if I'll be posting here frequently in the future, but who knows?

So, thanks to:

Okay, back to the edgy personality.
You know what? Let me just add some more people.

Uh...

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I just rediscovered this and it's been stuck in my head ever since. Take me back to the good ol' days, man.

But to keep it Smash related...I like Smash. It's a fun game.
I've just been murdered by nostalgia. I had forgotten that this existed.

D

Deleted member

Aw, thank you so much man!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>Gets back online after a day
>10 ****ING MENTIONS IN A ROW
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 4.17.31 PM.png
>Finds out thread is closing

Here's some music for the bittersweet post I feel obligated to write.

Smash Speculation is always something...special. That statement is imbued with some sarcasm, but there is truly something about Smash Bros. speculation that sets it apart from speculation for other games, or other aspects of internet culture in general because everyone is brought together to hype over this one game where anything can happen. This speculation phase was definitely one of, if not the most exciting speculation cycle given how short it was. We went from a tease in March, to a reveal in June, and the game came out that same December. Compared to the multi-year speculation cycles of past games, this one was much shorter, and all the more passionate because of it. While completely predictable in every sense (fans get their hopes up astronomically high, desperately revolt against evidence of a roster that falls short, and then rage when it happens), I still had a good time debating, arguing, and ****posting with everyone here.

I returned Pre-E3 because it was the summer before college and I had nothing better to do with my time. I had no idea I'd go on to become a "leak" aficionado or a face in speculation, or that I'd make real friends this time around. During Sm4sh speculation I really kept to myself, and while I remember some people, this time around I feel like I really got to know some of you guys, and that's cool. Special shoutouts to Luigi The President Luigi The President , Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , Nekoo Nekoo , osby osby , and Noipoi Noipoi for being really cool people.

Other shoutouts go to BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 KMDP KMDP Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones vaanrose vaanrose ChronoBound ChronoBound Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Flyboy Flyboy NintenZ NintenZ Robertman2 Robertman2 Idon Idon Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Cyn Cyn Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ClaTheBae ClaTheBae Pyra Pyra Will Will Calane Calane Fatmanonice Fatmanonice NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @GoldenYuiitusin Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy @Onereasonanddone @Shishœ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo @Alastor017 Opossum Opossum Ura Ura praline praline staindgrey staindgrey shinhed-echi shinhed-echi @liquidmetalslime Ovaltine Ovaltine Sigran101 Sigran101 Artsy Omni Artsy Omni Pakky Pakky ZephyrZ ZephyrZ PsySmasher PsySmasher @Mr. Wario Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Imadethistoseealeak Imadethistoseealeak GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 @JDCabrera @ryumo PushDustIn PushDustIn @TotsBS Zinith Zinith LetterO LetterO Teeb147 Teeb147 NineS NineS and...
YOU! YES, YOU! THE PERSON READING THIS!

Thank you all for making this website the lovable mess that it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Speculation is always something...special. That statement is imbued with some sarcasm, but there is truly something about Smash Bros. speculation that sets it apart from speculation for other games, or other aspects of internet culture in general because everyone is brought together to hype over this one game where anything can happen. This speculation phase was definitely one of, if not the most exciting speculation cycle given how short it was. We went from a tease in March, to a reveal in June, and the game came out that same December. Compared to the multi-year speculation cycles of past games, this one was much shorter, and all the more passionate because of it. While completely predictable in every sense (fans get their hopes up astronomically high, desperately revolt against evidence of a roster that falls short, and then rage when it happens), I still had a good time debating, arguing, and ****posting with everyone here.

I returned Pre-E3 because it was the summer before college and I had nothing better to do with my time. I had no idea I'd go on to become a "leak" aficionado or a face in speculation, or that I'd make real friends this time around. During Sm4sh speculation I really kept to myself, and while I remember some people, this time around I feel like I really got to know some of you guys, and that's cool. Special shoutouts to Luigi The President Luigi The President , Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , Nekoo Nekoo , osby osby , and Noipoi Noipoi for being really cool people.

Other shoutouts go to BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , KMDP KMDP , Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , vaanrose vaanrose , ChronoBound ChronoBound , Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei and Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Flyboy Flyboy , NintenZ NintenZ , Robertman2 Robertman2 Idon Idon Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Cyn Cyn Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ClaTheBae ClaTheBae Pyra Pyra Will Will Calane Calane Fatmanonice Fatmanonice NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @GoldenYuiitusin
Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy @Onereasonanddone @Shishœ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo @Alastor017 Opossum Opossum Ura Ura praline praline staindgrey staindgrey shinhed-echi shinhed-echi @liquidmetalslime Ovaltine Ovaltine Sigran101 Sigran101 Artsy Omni Artsy Omni Pakky Pakky ZephyrZ ZephyrZ PsySmasher PsySmasher @Mr. Wario Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Imadethistoseealeak Imadethistoseealeak GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 @JDCabrera @ryumo and...

LOOK MA IM ON TV
Seriously though, you’re one of the most insightful and intelligent guys here. You really helped to spice up this Japan Time. Thanks!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just rediscovered this and it's been stuck in my head ever since. Take me back to the good ol' days, man.

But to keep it Smash related...I like Smash. It's a fun game.
How dare you remind me of the Real Boomerang...from Cartoon Network?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Other shoutouts go to BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 KMDP KMDP Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones vaanrose vaanrose ChronoBound ChronoBound Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Flyboy Flyboy NintenZ NintenZ Robertman2 Robertman2 Idon Idon Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Cyn Cyn Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ClaTheBae ClaTheBae Pyra Pyra Will Will Calane Calane Fatmanonice Fatmanonice NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @GoldenYuiitusin Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy @Onereasonanddone @Shishœ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo @Alastor017 Opossum Opossum Ura Ura praline praline staindgrey staindgrey shinhed-echi shinhed-echi @liquidmetalslime Ovaltine Ovaltine Sigran101 Sigran101 Artsy Omni Artsy Omni Pakky Pakky ZephyrZ ZephyrZ PsySmasher PsySmasher @Mr. Wario Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Imadethistoseealeak Imadethistoseealeak GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 @JDCabrera @ryumo PushDustIn PushDustIn and...

Hmm...

okay then...

*sad Yoshi*

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't visit this thread that often, so not sure what's going on, but most of the time it's moving too fast to have time to be sentimental about people on it :p XD

As long as people are having fun :)

Roberk

Smash Champion
This might've already been posted, but Ultimate sold 5 million copies the first week. I have a feeling just one fighter's pass isn't all we'll be seeing if Nintendo wants to capitalize on a game this successful.

D

Deleted member

Honestly though, I think there are too many shout-out posts right now. Where’s the drama? Where’s the beef? I want to see people ****ing tearing into each other!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom