• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Am i not in any of these..... that's ok i can listen to this
https://youtu.be/PmUxUI99UW0
It brings me joy
****, I forgot you. :laugh:
Wait the topic is closing?

Well this maybe a lazy post but if you are reading this post you’re on my list.
The topic is closing for a Social Thread that will take it's place because it's being reaching 10'000 pages.
On a less sad and emotional I'm not crying you're crying shutup note:

WHO'S SEEING BROLY TONIGHT????

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!
I ****ing wish I could go see Broly.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I wanted to do a proper thank you post but I'm terrible at remembering people off the top of my head. It's not that I forget you guys, I can obviously recognize almost everyone by just looking at their usernames, but my brain is just bad at listing so I'm bound to forget someone. Still, I want to try it before it's too late.

@Cutie Gwen Opossum Opossum @Swamp Sensei @Luigi The President Noipoi Noipoi KMDP KMDP @Ura @tehponycorn @Nekoo @Onereasonanddone AndreaAC AndreaAC @Rie Sonomura Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy @Mr. Wario @Iridium @Smashing Ramen @GoldenYuiitusin @Indecisive Fisher @praline @Scoliosis Jones staindgrey staindgrey @JDCabrera @osby

I might have forgotten some(if I did, please tell me if you enjoyed my presence, I likely enjoyed yours as well) but if you're here, know I never wanted to rip you in half over videogame characters in a videogame which is my way of saying your presence here made speculation enjoyable.
Since this thread is another step closer to being archived, I’d like to say a few things and it may sound cheesy but the hell with it.

This thread has truly been a wild ride. There were indeed good times and bad times but through it all, I’ve come to meet a lot of very charming and wonderful people here Idon Idon AndreaAC AndreaAC Noipoi Noipoi @Smashing Ramen @osby @Zinith @Iridium Opossum Opossum @Cutie Gwen Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo @Luigi The President @ToasterBrains

I’m very glad to have met you all through all the game speculation, discussions, and *ahem* questionable topics. Surely there will be more of all that and then some when the new thread arrives but I am ready for another round of this wild, yet fun experience. Cheers!
School had me for a while.

Anyway, still haven't spent a year here. Even that hasn't stopped me from being familiar with more people than I was expecting. Does anybody else ever think "what if [insert anything] never happened?" to themselves? If I never considered buying Smash and watching tourneys, I probably would have never been here at all. Not the most emotive person in the world, but I can say I have made friends here. I don't know if I'll be posting here frequently in the future, but who knows?

So, thanks to:

Okay, back to the edgy personality.
Wanna give a shoutout to some of my fave peeps on here too

@tehponycorn KMDP KMDP @Pega-pony Princess Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Noipoi Noipoi @Smashing Ramen @Flyboy @faygoshill @P.Kat @NintenZ AndreaAC AndreaAC @Pakky @NonSpecificGuy and there’s probably a few more I’m forgetting but y’all are awesome <3

I’ll probably make some posts in the hypothetical new thread too from time to time. It was fun here nevertheless with you guys and here’s to more awesome times together!

welp better get back to this fanfiction im writing instead of playing smash
Happy1.png

You guys are going to give me a meltdown with all those mentions. :> I am glad I was somehow part of this group! Even though I haven't been here for long! :3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It would take waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to @ everybody on this thread to make a shout-out list for the cool people on this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Oh, it's happening? Well, I guess I'll have more shoes to eat in the next world *Disintegrates as melancholic music plays*

*Pops back in* Also Waluigi shouldn't be playable *Disintegrates again*

Also, I make you tube videos (not looking for subs) so if you like my sense of humor you might enjoy some of my videos. Will be doing some about gaming, but not a gaming channel.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Link to your channel?
Also, to be honest, door to door sub trading isn’t really the best way to do it imo. I wanna earn the subs, not just trade for them, :p
Well I was joking. ;) I only personally know maaaaaaaybe fifty of our subscribers. Getting to 3000 is actually really flattering in a way. But here it is. You'll see one of the videos has Noipoi Noipoi 's art.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I'm basically hated by everyone, I hardly see whats such a big deal considered were all gonna be on the new thread, and I am still waiting for Smash Land Forum Game entries sooo...

@YourNameHere.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh yeah, that movie. Is it awesome?
I don't know! I haven't seen it yet!!

Avoiding spoilers from the Japanese version has been hell. But I've avoided basically everything but who all appears in the movie.

D

Deleted member

I expected to wake up to an archived thread, but the thread is still up and running, which makes that goodbye I made kind of pathetic, but oh well.

How’s everyone holding up?
This place looks a bit messy.

D

Deleted member

Are the next 64 Pages just going to be this i hope. so this is honestly more fun than talking about smash

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I’d say my final goodbye message...

But I’m not quoting 50+ plus names on my phone (that would literally take me like an hour).

If I get access to my computer prior to this thread’s archiving, then I’ll do my big goodbye.

For now:
I love you all :)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm really good at bandwagoning and being bored at work so I'm gonna list a few folks in a big post and be off-topic because that's just how it be.

First off, I wanna say that this thread was a delight to hang out in during pre-release. I know I'm mostly in the Newcomer Speculation forum now that the game is out but through all the highs and lows this thread provided tons of laughs, smiles, and definitely the heated debate or two. Weird yelling people who hate World of Light, Grinch infighting, people who like Wave Race and other obscure wants as much as I do, dumb jokes and puns and wacky theories, all of it made my foray into the deeper Smash fandom for the first time since Smash 64/Melee a blessing.

Shoutouts to Noipoi Noipoi for the art and avatar. You're a positive force and this place is better for having you.

Shoutouts to the people I see in the support threads jamming about headcanons and theories and generally having a good time even when the chips are down, people who I've really grown to treasure the opinions of like @Luigi The President @osby @Rie Sonomura @Smashing Ramen @ToasterBrains @NineS

Shoutouts to the people who I just love reading whether it's because they make me laugh or they always have something thought-provoking to say - @Cutie Gwen @Scoliosis Jones @ClaTheBae @Onereasonanddone

Shoutouts to the folks I've met through this thread and hang out with in the Joker discord - Robertman2 Robertman2 @tehponycorn @Nekoo

And a special shout-out to the people who don't always see eye to eye with me but always are down for a spirited discussion and a good time - particularly @GoodGrief741 and @Alastor017

And of course plenty more people who I'll feel bad about forgetting later.

See all y'all in various support threads, maybe the new thread, and just around. And hopefully, maybe, maybe the Ryota Hayami/Wave Race thread? Eh??

Seriously though, this place has been a blast. It's been almost a decade since I've become part of a new online community and almost two since I've been involved in Smash and I've loved every second of it and yeah, this thread is a huge part of it. Nothing but love, now and in the future.
Ayyyy

D

Deleted member

Damn it, I had something to say, and now it’s gone.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone seen Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events?
Crap it’s good.
So true to the books.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay but for real why wasn't Frederick a spirit?

Just a penguin

Smash Master

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone seen Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events?
Crap it’s good.
So true to the books.
Not smash related, but yes, yes, yes, and yes. It's like if the movie were 1000000 times better. Every actor is flawless, every scene is delightfull, and every music score deserves an award.

D

Deleted member

Crap it’s good.
So true to the books.
I was going to but i decided it was to scary so instead i watched the Super Mario super show best life decision I ever made

D

Deleted member

Thread-closing confession time

TBH I feel like the Grinch leak was overall a good thing for speculation. It kept discussion alive even during the dark days of Kencineroar and box theory. And even though Kencineroar and box theory turned out to be real, it still felt nice to have some actual, real discussions happen for once. Of course, some people took it just a bit too far, and the teams were a bit much, but I felt it was an overall positive experience. Also whoever made that **** must've had like 5000 iq

I feel bad for Eric Bricard though...

Roberk

Smash Champion
Okay but for real why wasn't Frederick a spirit?
Because he's DLC, duh. Didn't you know that any somewhat memorable character that doesn't have a spirit is an obvious choice for the fighter's pass? /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom