• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This might've already been posted, but Ultimate sold 5 million copies the first week. I have a feeling just one fighter's pass isn't all we'll be seeing if Nintendo wants to capitalize on a game this successful.
I wonder, are there any records on how many times the Fighter Pass was pre-ordered post Joker, or?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Zinith, Rie Sonomura, Luigi the President, Noipoi, Mr. Wario and osby. A shout-out to all of you! You're all amazing people! :)

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Ah **** I forgot NineS NineS Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura and @TotsBS

Sorry about that!!!
I can feel the love.
It'll almost make me forget all about singles awareness day.

**** I FORGOT NineS NineS

I LOVE YOU NineS NineS
It's okay. Forgetting me makes me feel more special, because it means I get a post all of my own.

is there any way to thank @everyone who has used this thread?
If I was to do a thank you post, I'd need an entire page to myself.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just thinking out loud here, but if Lara Croft was in Smash as DLC, what if she could climb walls with her climbing gear instead of wall jumping?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Holy tag almighty. What's going on here?
Thread will be closing soon enough and as you can see its brought fond memories so people are reflecting back to everyone they've made friends with.

Sure a new thread will be made but no doubt this one left an impact.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"Why do we celebrate New Year's? It's just a day, we're still going to be alive tomorrow guys."

...:p

I consider these shout-out posts a celebration of what has come before. Ringing in the new thread with statements of appreciation for others.
(Granted, by this logic they're probably coming a day earlier than they need to. :laugh:)
I know you're joking, but that's my exact thought on New Years, right before I go to bed at eleven.

At least I'm consistent.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This might've already been posted, but Ultimate sold 5 million copies the first week. I have a feeling just one fighter's pass isn't all we'll be seeing if Nintendo wants to capitalize on a game this successful.
That makes me curious to see where the game will land once we get Nintendo's quarterly earnings. In one week Ultimate is already knocking on Smash 64 and Wii U's door, I imagine a full month of shipping data will be even more impressive.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So in honor of Ultimate and the good times speculating who'd get in. Who do y'all think had the best reveal?

For me you all obviously know its my boi :ultkrool:whose fan demand was so strong it brought him back from the shadows of obscurity ready to make a new future again.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Thread will be closing soon enough and as you can see its brought fond memories so people are reflecting back to everyone they've made friends with.

Oh. Alright then.

Shutout to my dumpster diving marsupial Opossum Opossum for knocking over my garbage can last night. I still love you.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Having talked to many casual fans who got turned off by diehards: Let people like things. You started somewhere.
Oh I know. As I said, I don't relate on the hissyfit side. I just understand the feeling. I'm glad they like Daredevil, and I don't pull some sort of elitist card when talking with them. People are absolutely allowed to like things and don't need to justify liking said things.

It's just something where you think you've found a friend to share this passion with, but then you bring up Frank ****ing Miller and they say, "Who?"

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So in honor of Ultimate. Who do y'all think had the best reveal?

For me you all obviously know its my boi :ultkrool:whose fan demand was so strong it brough him back from the shadows of obscurity ready to make a new future again.
In my opinion, Simon and Richter. Great animation, great lighting, great build up, it's all really great.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So in honor of Ultimate and the good times speculating who'd get in. Who do y'all think had the best reveal?

For me you all obviously know its my boi :ultkrool:whose fan demand was so strong it brough him back from the shadows of obscurity ready to make a new future again.
Best reveal is the last few seconds of the Everyone Is Here trailer

Where my boi was last

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Are we still 'memberin and reminiscing? We've still got like 60 plus pages til until the thread kicks the bucket ...

Gotta be K Rool tbh what with the way it ended out that direct and the Dedede fakeout. Though shoutout for Ridley having the best tagline for any reveal.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Simon/Richter, though Ridley and Chrom come close for me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

For me you all obviously know its my boi :ultkrool:whose fan demand was so strong it brought him back from the shadows of obscurity ready to make a new future again.
Ken and Incineroar. We saw it coming, but the reveal was still awesome and it immediately afterward opened the floodgates for DLC.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is the site getting kinda slow for anyone else?
It's probably this thread's absurd amount of pages.

They should really do something about that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Oh :O

So.. threads can't go up to 10 000 pages?

Noipoi

Howdy!

EVERYONE IS HERE, Simon/Richter, K Rool and Ken/Incineroar had the best reveals.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
GUYS I'M GONNA BE WATCHING BROLY IN THREE HOURS.

And by that I mean I'm gonna go get ready and get some dinner and stuff. If the thread closes before I return high on Broly, I love you all very much and I hope you go on to do amazing things or whatever.

D

Deleted member

Gotta be K Rool. At that point he was probably the number 1 most requested character by the fanabse at the time, and his rveeal was absolutely perfect. Even if airport WiFi pretty much ruined the entire presentation for me grumble grumble.

NineS

Smash Lord

The best reveal to me? Ridley's. Hands down. Having my hopes for the big guy crushed and taken away from me by sakurai made me give up on him.

Then I see that at E3 sakurai pulled the ol' 1-2 Switch-aroo.

Best reveal in terms of how it was presented? Going with K. Rool's, another hype one for me but the animation itself was the best, just because of Dedede's fake-out. Well his, or Piranha Plant's

Least favorite is going to have to be Isabelle's. I didn't dislike it, I don't hate it. And not being a big animal crossing fan (yet) it kind of bore me. It did amuse me how they tried to confuse us at first, though.

In order of reveals for me: Ridley, Joker, K. Rool, Piranha plant, Simon/Richter, Kencineroar, Isabelle.
sans undertale tops all of them though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The best reveal to me? Ridley's. Hands down. Having my hopes for the big guy crushed and taken away from me by sakurai made me give up on him.

Then I see that at E3 sakurai pulled the ol' 1-2 Switch-aroo.

Best reveal in terms of how it was presented? Going with K. Rool's, another hype one for me but the animation itself was the best, just because of Dedede's fake-out. Well his, or Piranha Plant's

Least favorite is going to have to be Isabelle's. I didn't dislike it, I don't hate it. And not being a big animal crossing fan (yet) it kind of bore me. It did amuse me how they tried to confuse us at first, though.

In order of reveals for me: Ridley, Joker, K. Rool, Piranha plant, Simon/Richter, Kencineroar, Isabelle.
sans undertale tops all of them though.
When Sans is revealed this thread is gonna lose it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Super Smash Bros. (1999)::mario64::dk64::link64::samus64::yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::luigi64::ness64::jigglypuff64::falcon64:
Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001)::peachmelee::bowsermelee::icsmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)::metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake::ike::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):diddy::lucas::sonic::dedede::olimar::lucario::rob::toonlink::wolf:
Sm4sh (2014)::4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4mii::4mii::4miif::4palutena::4darkpit::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4ryu::4corrin::4cloud::4bayonetta:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018)::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:Joker ??? ??? ??? ???

Smash has come a long way hasn't it? Who would had thought it'd reach a roster of 82 playable characters!?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anyways going to sleep now, goodbye forever lads never going to see you again in my life love ya no homo though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom