• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With this thread coming to a close, I think it’s really nice that everybody is sharing their thanks with all the users that they felt made a difference.

While I won’t be making a shout out, I would just like to say “Thank you” to everybody who took the time to read my posts, respond, and took part in some interesting conversations and or made me laugh. It’s totally been a pleasure to check out this thread throughout my days, stressful or not, and pick up on some good conversation or some laughs.

That said, look at it as not an end but a new beginning. As I said previously I might try out just chilling in a social thread. I don’t normally do that because previously I only posted here during speculation periods. Granted, life gets busy once you work full time and have to “adult”, so there’s always that.

I must say though, I quite enjoyed playing online with some of you and would love to do that again at some point. I may host one tonight but that also depends on if I can beat Red Dead 2 before the Sabres play tonight.

So not to anyone in particular, but thank you everybody for making it a fun 9 months of nonsense, laughs, and intense moments. Not just a thank you for thanking me (I mean, aren’t I just great? /s) but because it gave me something to look forward to when I was bored or felt like talking about something I love. Unless I have friends around who are just as into Smash as I am, I don’t get to do that often.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for being awesome!

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So in honor of Ultimate and the good times speculating who'd get in. Who do y'all think had the best reveal?

For me you all obviously know its my boi :ultkrool:whose fan demand was so strong it brought him back from the shadows of obscurity ready to make a new future again.
It was Ridley for me. Seeing so long for how his fans had to take a lot of crap then seeing him outright murder a couple characters in his reveal just made things super exciting. Helps I wasn't aware of the leaks at the time so it was a complete surprise to me

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh I know. As I said, I don't relate on the hissyfit side. I just understand the feeling. I'm glad they like Daredevil, and I don't pull some sort of elitist card when talking with them. People are absolutely allowed to like things and don't need to justify liking said things.

It's just something where you think you've found a friend to share this passion with, but then you bring up Frank ****ing Miller and they say, "Who?"
At least you get to be the guy who says: "Man, I can't wait until they get to covering [character not introduced yet]." and when your casual friends say "Who?" you get that incredible feeling of Smugness knowing that your Comic Book brain is far bigger than their's.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh I know. As I said, I don't relate on the hissyfit side. I just understand the feeling. I'm glad they like Daredevil, and I don't pull some sort of elitist card when talking with them. People are absolutely allowed to like things and don't need to justify liking said things.

It's just something where you think you've found a friend to share this passion with, but then you bring up Frank ****ing Miller and they say, "Who?"
I'm not a big comic book guy (unless it's manga), and even I know who Frank Miller is!!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
if tsundere is your type then i'm sorry, but to get us to dislike you, you must try very hard

that will be difficult because this:

you gifted us with this image. the star of the show is the cat, though.
NineS: *claims ClaTheBae ClaTheBae "gifted us with [the shown] image", which clearly contains what appears to be a girl*
ClaTheBae: *has sex set to "Male" in their Profile*
Girl in Picture: *is wearing an Emil head*
NineS: *known for sporting Emil in their PFP and Sig, Profile is also set to "Male"*

Okay, I know I shouldn't be, but I'm confused. Is that Cla's girlfriend or something?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Welp, Will be looking forward to see some random lurker coming out of nowhere randomly liking some of my posts in a few years time after this threads long been archived as well as reminding me of whatever cringey stuff I may have posted back then and forgot about but oh well, guess that's part of the course...

See ya'll in the next thread once that goes up, Its been a blast.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah yes, the Goblin.

I like Pearl too, but there's something about calling her a Goblin that is too funny.
She's the Splatoon fandom's goblin queen.

She's the most adorable little forehead gremlin ever:

DuNM5QCVYAA0_2V.jpeg

NineS

Smash Lord
Welp, Will be looking forward to some random lurker coming out of nowhere randomly liking some of my posts in a few years time after this threads long been archived as well as reminding me of whatever cringey stuff I may have posted back then and forgot about but oh well, guess that's part of the course...

See ya'll in the next thread once that goes up, Its been a blast.
I'm promising you right now that it'll be me doing that.

Write this down somewhere so you can remember it in about a year or two. Because I am.
I'm dead serious.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I almost felt bad making my last post because I tried really hard not to come off as guilt trippy, but all the responses and likes I got from it do make me feel better. Thanks for the meaningless internet points everyone!
And also, ZephyrZ ZephyrZ is dope, yo. I'd swipe right on that.
Woah slow down there buddy. I'm cool and all (you can tell because my avatar has sunglasses in it) but I'm not someone you'd wanna date. Just trust me on this one.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're all good people.

Also, don't say goodbye, just go to Nintendozone Social on here, you sillies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Getting my last words in before it all closes.

This was a short but sweet hype cycle (if a bit mid loaded) and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Here's to Piranha Plant, Joker and the other 4.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So in honor of Ultimate and the good times speculating who'd get in. Who do y'all think had the best reveal?

For me you all obviously know its my boi :ultkrool:whose fan demand was so strong it brought him back from the shadows of obscurity ready to make a new future again.
For me it was :ultridley:. He was the character I've been wanting ever since before Brawl and seeing him finally revealed was truly a dream come true. What also helped was that the tone of the trailer really fit the character as well as it had an Alien-esque feel to it with three characters marching through a dark area while getting silently picked off, the emphasis on brutality with that element, as well as a nod to his sadistic sense of humor which hasn't been seen since the manga. Altogether it was a great reveal trailer for a character I've wanted for so long so I was very happy with how it turned out.

After him would be :ultsimon:/:ultrichter: and :ultkrool:.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What also helped was that the tone of the trailer really fit the character as well as it had an Alien-esque
It's really no surprise really considering Metroid takes lot of inspiration from the franchise especially being Ridley is named after Ridley Scott and his design is kind off based on the xenomorph.

Last edited:

etano

Smash Cadet
For me it was :ultridley:. He was the character I've been wanting ever since before Brawl and seeing him finally revealed was truly a dream come true. What also helped was that the tone of the trailer really fit the character as well as it had an Alien-esque feel to it with three characters marching through a dark area while getting silently picked off, the emphasis on brutality with that element, as well as a nod to his sadistic sense of humor which hasn't been seen since the manga. Altogether it was a great reveal trailer for a character I've wanted for so long so I was very happy with how it turned out.

After him would be :ultsimon:/:ultrichter: and :ultkrool:.
I think it was :ultkrool:. But we never know what the future holds!

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

:ultsimon::ultrichter: for me, until I get Ryu Hayabusa. An NES legend, Simon is, and we got two Belmonts instead, so that was nice. The Luigi death memes were something too. As well as Bloody Tears for how good it is.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

K.Rool is the only correct answer. I couldn't care les about the character, but I was on the edge of my seat. That Dedede bit had me laughing, but then seeing the king himself, the most requested character finally getting in, unleaked even, was amazing to see.

Plus I silently hoped that they were throwing a curveball and revealing Kamek, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom