• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So in my "Getting Into Persona to Prepare for Smash DLC" entourage, YouTube randomly recommended me that one maid service scene from the Persona 5 anime.

It actually was funny and not like the thousand other maid service scenes in anime.

**** I really don't want to buy Persona 5 on the PS4 so I can get the Switch version on the go. Please Nintendo. Come on.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Guys I'm in my
So in my "Getting Into Persona to Prepare for Smash DLC" entourage, YouTube randomly recommended me that one maid service scene from the Persona 5 anime.

It actually was funny and not like the thousand other maid service scenes in anime.

**** I really don't want to buy Persona 5 on the PS4 so I can get the Switch version on the go. Please Nintendo. Come on.
wish I could say you aren't missing out but you are because P5 is phenomenal

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
do we have a list of unlockable songs? I want to know if I should go out of my way to get some of them
I’m wondering the same too. I checked Google for a list but couldn’t find anything related to that aside from having to unlock Calling to the Night by beating classic as Snake at 5.0 intensity (Sakurai, why? Not that it’s difficult but I suck at Snake. Guess I better start practicing). I remember getting a few from the shop though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

wish I could say you aren't missing out but you are because P5 is phenomenal
This is something that gets me after the whole Joker DLC reveal is that it seems that universally Persona 5 is accepted as a fantastic JRPG, like I hear literally no bad things about the game.

If you ask me, that's pretty rare and on some Chrono Trigger ****, which is why I hope Nintendo shelled out the big bucks for a Switch port.

NineS

Smash Lord
Nier Automata isn't a good example though. It was never meant to be a PS4 exclusive. The game's director simply decided it would be easier to focus on only one console for development to stick to the game's smaller budget. He's said multiple times before the Xbox version ever released that he wanted the game to be on other consoles.

Back me up here, NineS NineS .
Sorry to keep you waiting for over... 100 pages? Still playing Smash.

Overall, though, the evidence you need for Yoko Taro (And the rest of the team that worked on NieR: Automata) saying he wants to see NieR on switch is in my signature.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
This is something that gets me after the whole Joker DLC reveal is that it seems that universally Persona 5 is accepted as a fantastic JRPG, like I hear literally no bad things about the game.

If you ask me, that's pretty rare and on some Chrono Trigger ****, which is why I hope Nintendo shelled out the big bucks for a Switch port.
I mean the one thing I can say is that one of the palaces is kind of stupid.
Like, most of the palaces you visit are common places a thief would be, like a bank or a museum, but one towards the second half of the game is kinda dumb

Some people criticize the writing, but I don't think it's that bad. I think the concept of underdog kids getting back at society is really cool, and the protag's dialogue choices are amazing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

It's pretty good, but...
I do have some gripes with the plot and overall pacing.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
So pretty much, this high school kid wrote “December 7th time to (insert Smash Bros logo)”, and the school was all like “OMG school shooting!” All jokes aside, you can find out more here.

D

Deleted member

It's pretty good, but...
I do have some gripes with the plot and overall pacing.
I mean the one thing I can say is that one of the palaces is kind of stupid.
Like, most of the palaces you visit are common places a thief would be, like a bank or a museum, but one towards the second half of the game is kinda dumb

Some people criticize the writing, but I don't think it's that bad. I think the concept of underdog kids getting back at society is really cool, and the protag's dialogue choices are amazing.
Damn, so not even Persona 5 is safe from the "Writing Curse" then?

Man, I really hope one of these days we see another Chrono Trigger-level or maybe even Mother 3-level of writing. Though, I think the latter is far more of a harder task, since Mother 3 pretty much is the one perfectly written game Nintendo has ever put out.

I can't imagine many people anticipate him. People anticipate Banjo more. People are already anticipating some kind of representative from Microsoft. Heck, there's now a growing movement for Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.
Agreed, i was mostly joking. I think Ryu Hayabusa would be a perfect DLC pick imo but he isn't mentionned that much in DLC speculation for some reason.

Maybe the fact that the last Ninja Gaiden game got out in 2014 (arguably 'not recent') is going against him but idk... some people are also arguing that since he has crossover in other games before he wouldn't be a 'surprise/not anticipated pick' but that's twisting Reggie's words imo.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I suppose the Smash logo looks kinda like a bullet from the front if you squint really hard...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

"Nice to mee-ow-t you"

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The thing to remember with any character is Smashboards is like a walking database for random and obscure character references that probably very few outside of it would even think about as a possibility lol

D

Deleted member

I like how his credits theme is gangplank galleon. It's obvious now, but I didn't know each character had different songs play during the credits when I first did his classic mode. It felt really special because to me it solidified the fact that this isn't another remix for the DK series, this is K Rool's theme.
His credits should never be skipped. Doing so robs oneself of a good excuse to listen to some of Nintendo's best god-tier music.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Agreed, i was mostly joking. I think Ryu Hayabusa would be a perfect DLC pick imo but he isn't mentionned that much in DLC speculation for some reason.

Maybe the fact that the last Ninja Gaiden game got out in 2014 (arguably 'not recent') is going against him but idk... some people are also arguing that since he has crossover in other games before he wouldn't be a 'surprise/not anticipated pick' but that's twisting Reggie's words imo.
Ninja Gaiden is one of the last super-famous third-party NES games left that doesn't have a playable character in Smash, especially now that Castlevania has two fighters in. I'd be down for it if Ryu Hayabusa was portrayed primarily by the NES games, with some specials based on the Xbox reboot.

I suppose the Smash logo looks kinda like a bullet from the front if you squint really hard...
Specifically it looks like crosshairs, which is how I imagine the hysteria originated.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
do we have a list of unlockable songs? I want to know if I should go out of my way to get some of them
Check the wiki’s list.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Music_(SSBU)

Also, despite what the official blog says, Sheik is still considered female. I’m running Isabelle’s classic mode, and there she is.

Sidenote - they added a new feature on the site to see the costumes! I just noticed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On SSBWiki there's an incomplete list of spirits.
Don't know what it's missing, but this should give you a good idea.
Anyways, wishful thinking legendary spirit fighters:
  • Fierce Deity Link (Hyrule Warriors Style)
  • Skull Kid
  • Big Boss (I'm... ok with an echo. MGS3/MGS3Sneaking/MGS:pW/MGSV/MGSVSneaking as costumes)
  • Adult Isaac
  • SWORDMASTER LYN.
I had more, but they aint legendary.
Any ones from the Yoshi series?

If so, one of them :yoshi:
no.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So here's a question. If you could turn any Legendary Spirit into a playable character, who would you choose?

I'd pick Caeda.
>he wants the OP wing spear instead of the chad hector
disgusting

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright, that's it. I hate asking for advice on single player content but I just can't figure this out.

You know that attack Master Hand has where he flies strait down from the sky, spinning like a drill and burying you? How the heck do you avoid that? It follows your rolls, so I'm never able to dodge it. Being a multihit it always seems to chew through my shield as well. Master Hand and Crazy Hand have a lot of dumb BS but that move takes the cake for me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright, that's it. I hate asking for advice on single player content but I just can't figure this out.

You know that attack Master Hand has where he flies strait down from the sky, spinning like a drill and burying you? How the heck do you avoid that? It follows your rolls, so I'm never able to dodge it. Being a multihit it always seems to chew through my shield as well. Master Hand and Crazy Hand have a lot of dumb BS but that move takes the cake for me.
Dude, it's called running.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
I give up on trying to configure My Music to my liking. My fingers hurt way too much from scrolling the bars back and forth for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom