• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How does Square being unable to use music thats legally someone else's make them stingy exactly?
Oh, is that what the problem is? I had no idea, lol. I assumed it was SE being difficult. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/...re-details-about-smash-ultimates-development/

Yeah, I'm cool with waiting a decade for the next game IF it means we get a lengthy DLC window to pad out this game's experience. I don't mind paying quite a bit over the next 2-3 years.
Even then, I still can't expect the game to be as big character-wise. It just seems like so much will be thrown on the wayside, and it's not like anyone who missed the mark for Ultimate will get a chance later. They're went from "Never-Ever" to "Forever-Never (and Ever)"

D

Deleted member

I have two very big reasons to doubt her inclusion.

This was the least bouncy I could get.
Oh gosh why.

She's perfectly still, there's not even a logical reason for them to bounce. Just...why?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Honestly it just comes down to the Bayonetta question

Just how sexy is too sexy

That's fake ain't it? Not just for the text but the Cammy spirit I have aint like that. lol
Can't verify but it's real in my heart

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

but if I'm being honest I feel like I'm leaning more towards the Chief or Doomguy that reflects more on modern legacy characters with how big shooters are nowadays.
You just had to make the worst "you can only choose one" decision. Why can't we have both.
Please, I can't choose one beefcake over the other.

D

Deleted member

So here's a question. If you could turn any Legendary Spirit into a playable character, who would you choose?

I'd pick Caeda.
Since neither Wonder-Red, Lyon or Shovel Knight are Legendaries, Alucard wins by process of elimination.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Oh, is that what the problem is? I had no idea, lol. I assumed it was SE being difficult. Apologies if I'm mistaken.
SquareEnix particularly their Japanese divisions seems to operate their music differently from other game companies who tend to claim ownership over the music featured in the game. Rather they seem to retain the rights to the original compositions but to remix, use in other games, or allowing third parties to use requires involvement of the composer themselves.

You can make a argument whether or not this is a reasonable approach or not but it does make certain crossover elements for things like Smash just a wee bit harder and more expensive.

They nerfed how naked she gets when she uses hair attacks, so I guess she was a little too sexy.
Skin exposure seems to be be the main thing, it's why Mythra from XB2 was given leggings and less revealing of a top in the Spirits form.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

I still stand by my head-canon that Futaba's a Woomy in disguise.
This is exactly why I want the Persona stage to have Futaba's analysis. I want this joke immortalized.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If it's an SNK character and not Leona Heidern, it's a wasted slot.

In all seriousness, Terry Bogard would probably be the best choice to represent SNK.

D

Deleted member

Even then, I still can't expect the game to be as big character-wise. It just seems like so much will be thrown on the wayside, and it's not like anyone who missed the mark for Ultimate will get a chance later. They're went from "Never-Ever" to "Forever-Never (and Ever)"
If characters like Rayman and Shantae are Spirits and Heihachi is a taunt cameo, then I do get your point.

I'm just saying that if you feel like that this is the only chance you will ever have to have a line-up of this nature, I'd probably try to keep the project going as long as possible. The console is very young, and unlike the Wii U, which was pretty much DOA, there is a lot of money potentially there for Nintendo to be interested in keeping Smash Bros. operating on a limited capacity until at least 2021 or 2022, even. It's whether or not Sakurai is up to taking time off during this time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom