• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Gaiden is one of the last super-famous third-party NES games left that doesn't have a playable character in Smash, especially now that Castlevania has two fighters in. I'd be down for it if Ryu Hayabusa was portrayed primarily by the NES games, with some specials based on the Xbox reboot.
Same here.

Having the classics Art of Flame wheel, Doppelganger and/or Windmill shurikens for his specials would be great + taking inspiration from the reboot for sword based attacks and grabs would be perfect (including his signature Izuna drop as down throw).

Edit: Perfect outfit for a mix between retro and reboot:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Huh, that's cool.

I don't know all the spirits, i've just seen baby Mario before and he wasn't legendary.
He's enhanceable.
I just drop them off at the gym and wait a day or two for them to beef up so I can level them.

D

Deleted member

I give up on trying to configure My Music to my liking. My fingers hurt way too much from scrolling the bars back and forth for so long.
I've been doing it slowly. If it's a franchise that has music I know I like a lot, I just usually turn all of the music on and will then over time sort through my favorites later.

Like, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Splatoon, and DK don't have bad music. No such as a bad song from those franchises IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ninja Gaiden is a big necessity if you're if you want to make a trifecta of 3rd Party NES Legacy characters with :ultmegaman::ultsimon: and capped off with Hayabusa. Pretty simple moveset to make as well, but if I'm being honest I feel like I'm leaning more towards the Chief or Doomguy that reflects more on modern legacy characters with how big shooters are nowadays.

But unless it's Banjo or Geno people will always complain that the fighter's pass isn't worth it and that they're literal whos in the end. :drshrug:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
There's always gonna be that debate over "legacy vs. popularity" but I think that Ryu Hayabusa is one of the few that is simultaneously both pretty well. I mean hell, at this point they tied the NG games with DoA6 so he's probably gonna be popular forever now.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why isn't the Ghirahim spirit able to enhance into his weapon form? That would have been an awesome legend spirit. Although I guess if that was possible they'd make him two-star and make the transformation an Ace so it makes no difference. Afterall, they decided Demise himself wasn't worth Legend rank. Meanwhile there's two Ganon Legends (TP and BotW), and a third one as an Ace (OoT).

And why do I care so much about spirits? :laugh: What the hell?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I give up on trying to configure My Music to my liking. My fingers hurt way too much from scrolling the bars back and forth for so long.
Just drug your hands with some super soldier serum so that you can continue on

How is Snake in this game?
I don't have the game yet but from what i read in the Snake forums, he feels pretty much like in Brawl except for his D-Smash.

Oh and Nikita seems way more efficient this time around, it also seems easier to stick C4 on opponents (you can even stick it on shielding enemies) which opens possibilities for some sick combos:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I think Ninja Gaiden has enough legacy to carry a DLC spot, and even if he didn't, the aspect of a pure Ninja with a katana and shadow clones would sell it.
He has so much to work with, with the ninpo attacks and everything.

I'd love to see Sakurai make him functional with the shadow clone mechanic. It'd be such a cool gimmick.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As for Pichu?
It's ****ing Pichu you expecting me to say he's a god?
the more accurate term is demigod because he's just a worse pikachu and that's already good

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I take it were still discussing the same ol' stuff as usual? DLC? What y'all think of Ultimate? Yes?

Last edited:
As for Pichu?
he's just a worse pikachu and that's already good
Pretty much, he may be quicker than Pikachu but he have the range of an actual mouse... plus the self inflicted dmg is quite a big disadvantage since he's one of the lightest fighter in the game (if not the lightest).

I don't see why people would pick him instead of Pikachu tbh.

Cuteness may be a determining factor here.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ninja Gaiden is a big necessity if you're if you want to make a trifecta of 3rd Party NES Legacy characters with :ultmegaman::ultsimon: and capped off with Hayabusa. Pretty simple moveset to make as well, but if I'm being honest I feel like I'm leaning more towards the Chief or Doomguy that reflects more on modern legacy characters with how big shooters are nowadays.

But unless it's Banjo or Geno people will always complain that the fighter's pass isn't worth it and that they're literal whos in the end. :drshrug:
people trying to argue geno is more iconic than any of the current third parties is hysterical tbh

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Pretty much, he may be quicker than Pikachu but he have the range of an actual mouse... plus the self inflicted dmg is quite a big disadvantage since he's one of the lightest fighter in the game (if not the lightest).

I don't see why people would pick him instead of Pikachu tbh.

Cuteness may be a determining factor here.
Because Pichu adds extra humiliation to your opponent when you beat them. It's like picking Dan in Street Fighter

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Pichu is no longer a joke character. Him and pikachu are both ****ing stupid now.
He still has the traits that made him a joke. He's just built off Ultimate Pikachu rather than Melee Pikachu, making him much better.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man. Cloud's classic mode route even feels empty.

The reference to Cloud saying ''Not interested" a lot is also one I probably wouldn't have went with either.

Then you just top off the fact everyone else battles to epic music from their series and he doesn't.

D

Deleted member

Man. Cloud's classic mode route even feels empty.

The reference to Cloud saying ''Not interested" a lot is also one I probably wouldn't have went with either.

Then you just top off the fact everyone else battles to epic music from their series and he doesn't.
It's stuff like this that makes me doubt Verge's 2nd SE rep. They seem like they've been the hardest 3rd party to work with by far with how stingy they've been.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's stuff like this that makes me doubt Verge's 2nd SE rep. They seem like they've been the hardest 3rd party to work with by far with how stingy they've been.
How does Square being unable to use music thats legally someone else's make them stingy exactly?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You can choose the track you want to play before selecting a stage with the Y button. It's more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom