• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Rage?

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
lol i have been 'insulted' by being called defensive.
heres how to get someone quiet for a while. beat them with young link and use no more than one projectile a stock

DoctorBendz

Smash Cadet
Pick Marth and just space ONE move. like, ftilt. Over and over. He'll LOVE it, and it's really not that difficult to do against someone you're better than.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I rage when someone beats when they shouldn't an refuses to admit it. Like if I edgehog a luigi and I drop my controller and get killed from the edge by a misfire when I was at 25% or so.Then the person jumps up and say YEAH!! I kicked your ***!!!

@doctorbendz
I once grab-only'd someone until they rage quit..LOL

TheLake

Smash Master
wear headphones when you play

so your at ease and can play off a rhythme and you dont have to listen to negativity the whole time :D

soap

Smash Hero
im never frustrated in tourney. it is 2 quick and intense.

when i sit and play friendlies with the same person for hours i get pretty frustrated over continous mistakes.

then he'll be like, "ok dude last match" then i lose, and im like "sit your *** back down"

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
wear headphones when you play
Hey! me 2!

Anyway, i don't get mad when i lose alot.
My friend nearly always gets mad when he loses. The weird thing is, he always johns by saying that the game wouldn't input the button fast enough, even when he's not on wi-fi. Or he blames it on the controller, which i have to admit his the worst controller i've ever played with by far. Eventually, if he loses enough he just slams his controller (for the 5th time) and says, "ugh, i don't deserve to play. I suck and always will. I'll never get better!" and so on. Then me and my other friend just laugh and say, "dude it's a game, sure it's an awsum game but games aren't everything." which so far he fails to understand.
I'd say there is definitely smash rage.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
jesus lake, you are so optimistic lol

I think I just found my trolling arguement for when Nakamaru beats me with his CF though.

sheik just isn't that good ;( </sarcasm>

In all seriousness I would LOVE to see how this guy plays sheik, if he only does over B he is my new hero.

Xposure

Smash Cadet
I rarely get mad. The only real instances where I get mad is; (example) I'm playing Falcon on my last stock, and I side+B off the stage and just Start > L+R+A+Start. I dun see why I should die if I know I've lost. And then my friends get mad at me for rage-quitting. I explain they did not kill me, I killed me on accident and left. What's wrong with that?....

Other than that, I don't really get mad. Although, I might have to start purposely losing to everyone so i can trick them into playing more. :\ I usually dominate them to the point of, after 3 rounds they're done. :(

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
It's not specifically a smash rage. It's moreso just an inferiority/superiority complex. I have a friend that thinks we're even or he's better when I've proved it time and again he only wins when I play characters I don't use....ever. (i.e. Fox/Falco, etc.) Then when I beat him with my secondaires he whines and says, "He only does it because he doesn't want me to beat his Peach. Because if I did that, he can't say anything." However, he'll go off and say, "I can't beat his Sheik...so I hate playing his Sheik."

When people FEEL they're better than you instead of realizing the truth it's hard to bring the attention to them. Despite me 3-4 stocking him with my Peach when I go all out. (Very rare occasion for me to go all out) They'll come up with any excuse in the book to justify their loss and maintain their own mental facade that they are the superior player. It happens in every game. I had a guy quit Streetfighter because he couldn't accept that I was better. (When we faced off endurance style he had no choice but to accept.) People do it all the time. It's even worse for them if you don't talk trash back and they're just talking up trash only to lose. Needless pride is a horrible thing.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
It's not specifically a smash rage. It's moreso just an inferiority/superiority complex. I have a friend that thinks we're even or he's better when I've proved it time and again he only wins when I play characters I don't use....ever. (i.e. Fox/Falco, etc.) Then when I beat him with my secondaires he whines and says, "He only does it because he doesn't want me to beat his Peach. Because if I did that, he can't say anything." However, he'll go off and say, "I can't beat his Sheik...so I hate playing his Sheik."

When people FEEL they're better than you instead of realizing the truth it's hard to bring the attention to them. Despite me 3-4 stocking him with my Peach when I go all out. (Very rare occasion for me to go all out) They'll come up with any excuse in the book to justify their loss and maintain their own mental facade that they are the superior player. It happens in every game. I had a guy quit Streetfighter because he couldn't accept that I was better. (When we faced off endurance style he had no choice but to accept.) People do it all the time. It's even worse for them if you don't talk trash back and they're just talking up trash only to lose. Needless pride is a horrible thing.
Don't you feel pressured to always beat him now too so that he doesn't run his mouth/.? You should start volleying him. Try my game above

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Don't you feel pressured to always beat him now too so that he doesn't run his mouth/.? You should start volleying him. Try my game above
Pressure? Nah...reason being is because everyone that watches us play can tell I'm the better player. They see I have better control when I play and also I make better decisions. He can talk all he wants...I don't feel pressure to beat people I don't care about beating, xD. I just have fun with it. I'll use Zelda or like...Roy.

I haven't played him in a while, but I've proven myself to him in many occasions. He just knows how to throw me off because he does stupid stuff. I get frustrated when someone who knows what they're doing does stupid stuff intentionally. (Hence why I rarely ever play my main against him.)

Last time he played he got so mad because he was missing techs he was forced to ask me questions on it, xD. I just chill unless they get in my face about it. It's all fun to me because I know for the most part my friends can't play fighting games as well as I can. (This one in particular can...but sometimes he...iunno.)

I promote chill play now...I picked up Ganon as of late, and use spacies for people I don't wanna think too hard on.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i can't lie. this was pretty funny. though you should hope he doesn't see it, because he'll probably 'ask you to leave' next time you're there. lol

but yeah he's totally biased saying sheik isn't broken. i used to main fox then i mained sheik and i'm like, "wow this is so much easier", yet you can still do everything just as efficiently. i'm not saying she takes no skill. she does. just not as much as marth and not near as much as spacies/cf. because being able to auto combo from so many of your moves into your best killing move (fair) on nearly every character (especially the ones that matter) is pretty broken. you can do pretty much whatever you want and then just fair them.

conclusion on sheik - she doesn't take as much skill as the other top tier characters, but in order to play her at a high level you still have to have a lot of skill. see? i'm the most reasonable man in america.

also i love how he thinks marth is so easy to play. every time he's marth, all i have to do is just run towards him and wave dash back when i'm just in the range of his fsmash and then i just go grab him. and he just thinks marth is so easy to be it's absurd

PS:

lol watch icg just go off on you lmao
imo what u have to say about sheik is COMPLETELY wrong

fox is one of the easier characters in top tier

however, i agree with ur sentiments on marth

thelake's idea is excellent. Just ignore him, and force HIM to take off your headphones next time he wants to kick you outta his house

...that is, if u ever go back there. make him invite you, and only go over if he apologizes for that ****. i bet he lives with his parents; its not even his house.

the only time u should take off ur headphones is at the end of a match where u can critique his mistakes. if he responds with "idc ur gay/that move/character is gay," then i would gently try to explain how different matchups require different approaches/knowledges about the game, etc. If he still wont listen, then just put the headphones back on and ****.

BUT the FIRST thing you should do is show him this thread and THIS post (lol)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I've got this friend who constantly talks about how easy falco fox and peach are to play.
Peach is understandable but I play a very fast and technical peach so I don't think he should say that when I play.
My fox and falco are also very technical, and I don't think anyone here thinks fox is easy to play

He plays falcon BTW, in case none of you guessed LOL

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I've got this friend who constantly talks about how easy falco fox and peach are to play.
Peach is understandable but I play a very fast and technical peach so I don't think he should say that when I play.
My fox and falco are also very technical, and I don't think anyone here thinks fox is easy to play

He plays falcon BTW, in case none of you guessed LOL
Yeah I don't like Antiverbs either. Amirite?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
There is this one guy that I smash with, he plays the most annoying fox.

None of us do anything or really like to john, but Ive heard, ppl asking him "how do you live with yourself", and "do you have fun playing this game".

Its because he sidesteps and just plays super safe and campy.

One person was like "****, dude! look what youve won, NOTHING!"

the sound fox makes when he sidesteps started to make ppl mad. There is definitely smash rage.

other examples AZ anger anyone.

S l o X

Smash Champion
If I was that Fox I'd tell them to **** off. Honestly, anyone who says that to ANYBODY is just a **** and bad at the game. Playing campy / safe is part of the game, they should die in a fire.

Octave

Smash Ace
If I was that Fox I'd tell them to **** off. Honestly, anyone who says that to ANYBODY is just a **** and bad at the game. Playing campy / safe is part of the game, they should die in a fire.
Speaking of smash rage.. :rolleyes: iloveyouslox

I used to rage all the time, and if I lose 5 or 6 times in a row I get kinda depressed and a little angry when I know I should be winning, but I don't explode. Took care of that when I went into PVP in Ragnarok and just died a bunch of times.

RO has lots of rage, though. God ****.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
I tend to laugh at people who blow up like that. I can understand that if someone walks right in front of the tv screen just as you are attempting to recover, or unplugging you controller just as you are getting combo or are starting one, smash rage is most definitely permitted, in fact smash murder should be conducted in those cases, you just don't do stupid ****e like that. But if you have Pichu and you are owning a fox main there is a tiny problem there, and every single taunt should be allowed if you are getting *** ***** by an electric yellow rat, and you have arguably the best character in the game, and that's your main. I never experience smash rage, only smash annoyance. Camping, running, spamming, y'know the usual ****e that ******** people do and they know they are being ******** and they just wanna piss you off. Normally I SD and wait for my next turn or not do anything, until they stop ( i am not that skilled to make a person stop yet ^^).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea, thats why its kept to a low rumble, they are good players and know that how the game is played.

Just sometimes in friendlys they take it easy just a little bit to have fun. This particular fox, never, he has never done anything tight ever lol. Except win.

The reaction to it is just too priceless.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Just to throw this out there, sometiimes I NEED to rage in order to win.

The other day I was playing as falcon vs marth and my little brother is rude and bugs me when smashing and he got me uber p***ed off like the most in over a month and it was clearly effecting me I was down to my last stock and finally so F***ing P***ed I falcon kicked myself to death and yelled at him to get out.

Another match right after at FoD were falcon sucks and marth is even better. I JV 3 stocked him very solidly. and I started playing better than when i wasn't mad.

I've only rage quit like 7 times (includes vs cpus) and it nomrally sets me up better after words. But it's heathlier than what this guy does.

Maybe because it's because I can control myself amazingly well most of the time

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Have you ever played all-star on very hard as young link vs marth,falco, and young link on FoDs? I lost like over 300 coins on it till I gave up. They F***ing cheat and I couldn't get any pokeballs or warp stars and they even did the hand-off on me a bunch and spiked me at uber low percents.

Also jonas don't talk about kaostar that way he doesn't know

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I've rage quit before. typically after something dumb happens or I'm tired of being smushed for 30 matches straight or something. i usually have a good sense of humor about it; you don't learn anything by playing people worse than you after all.

however I've NEVER rage quit in tourny or seriouslies or in money matches no matter how badly I get beaten. its rude and unsportsmanlike. in freindlies I'm all johns, usually jokes/trash talk tho. E.G. Peach's D-smash hitting you on the ledge when she's not even on the ledge but a little further away. Me: what the heck? how'd THAT happen? I've annoyed some people that way but if you're expecting me to stay nice and quiet in friendlies than you shouldn't play me.

Can't say I've ever complained about the sheik falcon match-up though. once I learned it it's easy. D-throw tech chase D-throw to **** to edgeguard. *shrugs* stay in his face and there isn't much he can do about it unless you mess up. Falcon has AWESOME offense, poor defense basically.

your freind needs to relax and play some tetris or something. if he's going to continue playing smash he must realize that loosing is part of learning.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
LOL at all you people who try to reason with the rage guy,just pick samus and missile him till he drops,that will force him to do something instead of jhoning(and also LOL at theLake`s idea)

also,i do think theres a smash rage,just more obvious on noobs and top tier mains...

personally,i ve raged a LOT vs dudes i know i can win to,but then they talk **** when i SD a stock while doing flasy stuff and as some say... those who anger you control you...

Top Bottom