• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash League - Registration Has Begun

Toby.

Smash Master
I think the original idea is fine, although I question how reasonable it is to expect to kill DK on one of his super stages, especially with the damage ratio so low.

For the moment though I think its fine. Thanks for getting it together cobalt :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
should use charizard, cause at least he has a rock type attack...

@toby: pretty sure thats the idea of the pitfalls (instant spike)

Toby.

Smash Master
Yeah I know the function of the pitfalls, they just aren't that effective against DK since his recovery lets him get back from almost anywhere, as long as he can get out of the water for a second.

It's still fine though. After a certain percent they will kill anyone, so I'm not too worried about it.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I updated Ricky's rules. I suggest you all go and feast your eyes on their incredible wonder.
No guys, I will not accept alcohol if that's what anyone was thinking haha.

Registration for the event begins now people!

Just as a reminder I'll give you all a little reminder of the character limit.

**The Character Restriction**

As with any Pokemon game you will be expected to choose your "party" wisely. We have this restriction in place because character choices play a large part in Brawl, and in order to keep the difficult nature of the Smash League in tact, we have guidelines in place to prevent challengers from hard-countering every gym leader they play. The limit for the event is 3 characters, and they must be chosen before upon registering yourself in this thread as a trainer.

To clear up a common error people have made regarding these rules, you do not need to use any of your 3 choices to select a character to fit Cao's challenge. The Thunder Badge and Volcano badge challenges bypass the 3 character limit. This means your party can consist of Snake, Marth and Donkey Kong, while still giving you the freedom of choosing any character you want if you were to challenge Cao as long as it fits his special gym conditions.

Also, for you wimpy second-rate trainers, if there are any of you who wish to change a character in your party mid-league, you will have to forfeit all badges you won using the character being changed. If this were to happen during the Elite 4 challenge, you will have to gather the badges you lost AND restart the entire Elite 4 challenge.

Finally, Random can be counted as a character in your party if anyone's silly enough to choose it.

GET TO REGISTERING.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
As a small note to the trainers, it may be best to register and get your badges as early as possible while the challenges are still in their early stages. I know if my challenge is too much of a pushover I might raise the bar a little. =P

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
DID SOMEONE SAY EPIC HYPERBEAM FROM DRADRADRAGONITE
Beats out Storm Badge (Snake), Beats out Boulder (I MEAN HARD COUNTERS BOULDER), Beats out Rainbow (**** yeah chaingrabs, who cares if they're illegal, **** YEA.), Beats Soul (lol bad diddy kong stages), beats WELL Marsh, and destroys Earth Badge.

You sure I can't just bring 3 dededes? I'm sure as things are now, **** would be so cash.

KEIKAKU DOORI

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I might change my tag to Gold for this

Trainer Gold: Jigglypuff, Marth and Sheik

Bjay

Smash Lord
I shall register then.

Trainer ID: Bjay

Party:
- Wario
- Wolf
- Random

Toby.

Smash Master
IMO Ted's bio is the best. It's very succinct.

and omg this bio thing is probably a bad idea. I just realised how many people will probably register for this. bah!

probably better of just making it leaders and elite 4. we shall see.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think my bio should be altered slightly, its not that I get tired easily, its that I'm nocturnal and have trouble staying awake during the day, so I infuse myself with adaptogenic herbs so compensate.

Also I will award my badge to anyone who can get Big Boss rank in MGS 1 on europian extreme mode.
and I just had a great idea for ricky's challenge lol, cant wait.

all us gym leaders should have a motto or winning catch phrase, I think attlia's already got one lol.

Afropony

Smash Lord
IMO Ted's bio is the best. It's very succinct.

and omg this bio thing is probably a bad idea. I just realised how many people will probably register for this. bah!

probably better of just making it leaders and elite 4. we shall see.
If you don't want all of the trainers to take up the list then I suggest using the
Code:
 feature.

Does anyone who kind of knows me want to make me a bio?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
lol love my bio. not normally so proud, but scoot definately deserved it ;)

look forward to challenging cao on saturday :D

Toby.

Smash Master
Thanks for the sticky!

I've decided to make a trip to see my parents today, so I might not have time to update before tomorrow.

I'm floating the idea of getting each person to pay 1 dollar for each challenge they partake in. It's a tiny amount per person, but over the course of the event it will add up to a decent amount and allow me to get you guys some prizes and such. If just 10 people challenge every leader and elite 4 thats already $130. Since we'll be seeing mulptiple challenges per leader per tournament, this should work out nicely. It also won't put much strain on anyone's budget.

The only problem is that whenever people need to pay money there is the inevitable issue of it not being paid. To solve this I would need:

1. Tournament Organisers to collect the money for me, OR the Gym Leaders to collect it.
2. They would need to tell me that the money has been paid, and then the result of the challenge.

This was even if people win a challenge, they won't get their badge unless they've paid. That should make things fairly reliable.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this.

Depending on how many people take part in the competition, there's the possibility of seperate prizes being awarded outside of the traditional winners prize. I'll talk more about it later.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Trainer: Sieg.

Pokemon:
Captain Falcon
Captain Falcon
Game and Watch.

Also I will award my badge to anyone who can get Big Boss rank in MGS 1 on europian extreme mode.
I'll have your badge within a week.

tedeth

Smash Master
I dont think the money idea is a good one. (Even though I think it was my idea in the first place)

It will deter people from challenging the better players because they will be like "why waste a dollar?"

Ant1

Smash Ace
Can i join? I'm everyone's favourite person to hate lol.
can just call me ant. In my description i'd like something about being an arrogant annoying person, thanks :psycho:

Pokemans-
Pink Captain Falcon
Oldmanandorf
Martin Luther Kong

Top Bottom