• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash League - Registration Has Begun

Zero

Smash Hero
He's under investigation at the moment tibs.

Only one set of rules to gooooo! Thanks for giving us your rules Hotdog. IMO there's nothing wrong with being misty. I got Ericka. All she did was play with flowers all day. Misty beat **** up.

=)
Erika is hands down the best leader. Girls only, what more can you want? She wasn't only playing with flowers ;)

But crossdressing to actually get in? Only for the extreme Pokemon masters.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I beat Cobalt in a GaW ditto on Smashville.
Hopefully his conditions are 'A ditto on a neutral stage'. Then i get a badge :D

Right?
What the.. Are you talking about the match at the end of the finals for that Nintendo Experience tournament? If you are then I remember that you were winning for most of the match but then on the last stock Cobalt went crazy and ended up killing you with 1 stock and like 6% left.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Erika is hands down the best leader. Girls only, what more can you want? She wasn't only playing with flowers ;)

But crossdressing to actually get in? Only for the extreme Pokemon masters.
LOOOOOOOL

I remember that now.
****, I wanna go watch some Pokemon.

Splice

Smash Hero
@Afropony
Who was brawling Cobalt? oh yeah me. It was a GaW ditto, i can see how you'd get confused.
I'm quite sure i won, ask Cobalt, although i doubt he would remember, he doesn't know who i am.

Are we allowed to win badges in any order? like, Volcano badge before Thunder badge? or strictly how was in the game? coz if Cobalt is 1st one to beat and he actually tries then its going to be pretty hard.

Toby.

Smash Master
lol theres no way that rule will actually work. Its not humanly possible for somebody to drop, do 10 proper pushups and then return in the time it takes to respawn. It only takes like 2 seconds to respawn lol.

I LAG

Smash Lord
@ splice: beating someone in 1 friendly when they aren't using their main doesn't mean ****.
if you beat him in tourney conditions in a best out of 3/5 and he was using his main then it would be worth bringing up.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@nix: better start training...

@toby: i tried and manage fine. but then again *flexes and rips shirt off* lol... maybe ill make it 7...

@SD: but then how would i punish them not being able to do enough or taking too long? and if there was a crowd watching, theyd absolutely love it guaranteed :D

I LAG

Smash Lord
@nix: better start training...

@toby: i tried and manage fine. but then again *flexes and rips shirt off* lol... maybe ill make it 7...

@SD: but then how would i punish them not being able to do enough or taking too long? and if there was a crowd watching, theyd absolutely love it guaranteed :D
you probably haven't seen the size of my arms. they are twigs as if i could do 7. i swear my muscle is like 3inchs max in width.

Toby.

Smash Master
It would also result in everyone using snake or d3 against you, because they are the only viable characters than have a punisher that strong =P

I'm cool with the pushups, but unless you do them whilst the game is paused its just a *giant* advantage to snake. remember, he doesn't care if somebody charges a fsmash. on the flip side his fsmash oooowns.

we want to make it entertaining, not unrealistic methinks.

Attila_

BRoomer
fully charged fsmash is not a ohko ever. id probably drop two grenades, blow up a c4 and follow with uair to take them to about 55% though :p

counters against me wouldnt work cause im a push ups machine. ill be done waaaaay before invincibility wears off.

watching someone struggle to do them in time would be funny as too, and the crowd would love it. everyone should start training for a challenge against me. consider it my way of helping the lacking fitness levels of people in our industry. someone, please get me a cape, cause i need to do a hero pose...

Toby.

Smash Master
it doesn't have to be an ohko for it to be a giant advantage. Snake is already *incredibly* good, you don't need a free 50% at the start of a stock. The pushups will still be funny if its paused. Otherwise its just a pointless advantage, in a challenge system that was supposed to keep things fair.

Its a lols idea, but I'm afraid it just wouldn't work :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
not really, I've been getting pretty fat and unfit lately, but how hard is 10 pushups, and you have heaps of invincibility when you respawn.

Toby.

Smash Master
I just timed it and im not as worried anymore.

i forgot that if you dont press anything your character just sits up there for ages. you have a bit over 8 seconds...

the problem is that you also need to factor in the time to get to the ground and get back up. So its probably more like 7 seconds for 10 pushups.

hmmmm.

i thought it was lik 2-3 seconds which is just silly. i dont think its possible to get off your chair, do 10 pushups and get back on controller in hand in 3 seconds =P

...might still need to drop it from 10 though. theres plenty of time to figure it out anyway.

Attila_

BRoomer
thats why i said above that ill change it to 7 pushups. youve got dying time, platform time, and invincible time to do them, so it shouldnt be an issue. at least at first.

tedeth

Smash Master
There's a strategy to it. If you get hit and you know there's 0% chance of you making it back then you should be able to start your pushups before losing the stock. Like if I'm wolf and im offstage and know im out of recovery range from the edge, i could upb and then use that extra like 2 seconds to add to my pushups. :)

Splice

Smash Hero
@ splice: beating someone in 1 friendly when they aren't using their main doesn't mean ****.
if you beat him in tourney conditions in a best out of 3/5 and he was using his main then it would be worth bringing up.
I wasn't serious. For a start, he'd have to make his Gym Battle conditions that specific, which i doubt.
And word on the street is, Cobalt mains everyone. And i doubt any of these Gym Battles are going to take place in a tournament, they'll probably be friendlies too, with items and such.

But if he does make the conditions '1 match any character ditto neutral stage' then i have a badge! *hint hint* Cobalt!!!!

Attila if i brawl you in an actual tournament, I will incorporate the push-up rule. I'm light so they're easy, and it it'll make my loss to a Snake with GaW fun, instead of mind crushingly frustrating... **** nades.

S.D

Smash Master
I can do 10 fair quick, I reckon when anyone loses a stock it should be a race between both people. Whoever wins gets the advantage. Plus people will get sore armsies and will lose dexterity maybe lol. If Attila so fast shouldn't be a problem, although loads of challenges in one day will = fatigue, but on the bright side you'll have sweet pecks.

Bonus points for power pushups?

Attila_

BRoomer
if we do it everytime someone loses a stock, thats like 35 pushups a round, 105 a set. if i do a couple of those, even ill be a little tired.

although i will say that if the challenger is female, i have to do clap pushups :)

S.D

Smash Master
Yeah would be good.

If you're a skirt and girl out you should incur a free 30% from Attila.

**** it lets bring a a bench press and MAN UP.

Edit: You get a decent break between sets (of pushups), depending on how ******** your opponent is of course, shouldn't be a huge issue?

If pushups is gunna be too tough maybe add some other stuff.

Eg: 1st stock pushups, 2nd Sit ups etc

Attila_

BRoomer
actually i dont mind either way, given that only people with 8 badges can take the challenge, i cant imagine having more than a few at any one tourny...

bring it fools!

Toby.

Smash Master
I smash out way worse at the gym, fitness and smash crossing over isnt the worst thing.
True that.

Belt wise I'm a nooby yellow, having missed the last two gradings because of uni and sickness. Bleh! It still doesn't stop my sensei from making me do crazy fitness work :p

We're taught a mixture of karate, jiu jitsu and muay thai, so despite my low belt I have a pretty broad education, so to speak. Further up in the style we get training in fighting with a jo and swords. Fun.

Attila_

BRoomer
ive been meaning to start some sort of martial arts, probs when i go to japan and have a bit more free time. most likely some sort of karate :)

Toby.

Smash Master
muay thai is lols, look into that. its the melee falcon of martial arts...lots of broken techniques involving elbows and knees. It breaks people.

Karate is cool too though.

Edit: My sensei did muay thai training in japan and that involved kicking steel posts as hard as he could, so on second thoughts you might not want to follow that path. Karate is much more sensible.

Splice

Smash Hero
Haha lolz at the Phsyco Mantis reference in Lukes challenge. That was a scary boss battle :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so its probably worth mentioning on the OP toby that because there are now 9 badges you only need to win 8 to challenge the elite four.
so Now getting 8 badges is actually possible (lol who can beat cobalt?)

also ted/anyone who doesnt think muay thai is the best, go watch ong bak. like seriously, watch it.
now.

Top Bottom