• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash League - Registration Has Begun

Toby.

Smash Master
BJJ is good in a 1v1 competition setting. Once you step outside the ring it has some obvious drawbacks.

It's still really good though. This should probably be in FFFF btw.

Oh and I updated the OP to include info about badge requirements. Thanks luke.

tedeth

Smash Master
Most fights outside the ring are 1 on 1 anyway.

If you ever find youself in a situation where you're outnumbered, it would be better to be an olympic sprinter than a fighter. :p

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
lol ong bak is a mad movie =o there also other movies by tony jaa which is epic (lol at how they alllways slow down + repeat a hit to emphasise how much it would of hurt, and how he can jump over frigging cars)

but yeah.. screw that lets go Tai Chi! woo lol

and lol Lukes challenge is just gold! (no pun intended)
stealth is going to be so fun lol hmm..

so do we just need 8 badges (excluding generation)?

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
but we all kno guns >sprinting> martial arts.. =[ lol dam guns.. lol unless they're stupid enough to let u get in arms length of u :D lol

ah.. modern technology says hi

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah and nukes> guns and mass cockroachs > nukes ... and martial arts > cockroachs..

its like RPS of the Real world.

plus i heard mu thai pwns? or shaolin monks lol (ones from shaolin soccer)

btw kendo > fencing

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
apprently its been proven that if one person has a knife and is 10 meters or less away from a guy with a gun, the knife fighter can get to him and stab him before he has time to draw, take the safety and fire.
either way, the BJJ is pro, the gracies pwn, but tony jaa is win. watch the protector as well or whatever its called, this one scene he fights like 100 guys and pretty much breaks their arms/legs/whatever in 100 different ways. how pwn.

I think you mean RTS arrow?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
IMO it goes katanas > sabers/epees/rapiers/foils etc...

fencing > Kendo.

iaujitsu on the other hand, now thats pwnage.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
RPS - rock paper scissors...

katanas are bad *** =P

i like kendo cause to much anime :X and fencing's form seems girly..
but i do like it when zorro uses it...

tibs7

Smash Champion
fencing is sick!! requires agility, reaction, patience and more - these are so important!

UFC is nuts, i was gonna do it but i have no moneyzz =(

Sieg

Smash Champion
Joining late on this convo.

Muay Thai is awesome lol, I have a friend who does it at work, so brutal haha.

Also, Spear > Sword lol.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah no offence to asian people but honestly, they never fight 1 v 1 they will ALWAYS have backup its unfair...
moving on i guess

unreon

Smash Ace
BJJ is good in a 1v1 competition setting. Once you step outside the ring it has some obvious drawbacks.
In my training camp I heard of a story from a blue belt who works as a bouncer at a pub.

Two very pissed in the face guys tried to pick a fight with him. Blue belt managed to easily rear naked choke one guy, then moved on to the other and just as easily rear naked choke the other. He did all this standing up.

The kicker? He had the time to put the first guy in recovery position before dealing with the second.

So badass.

apprently its been proven that if one person has a knife and is 10 meters or less away from a guy with a gun, the knife fighter can get to him and stab him before he has time to draw, take the safety and fire.
What if you faced Bob Munsen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H0dYEjR-jA&feature=related

yeah no offence to asian people but honestly, they never fight 1 v 1 they will ALWAYS have backup its unfair...
Hey mate, we breed like rabbits so we fight like them : DDD

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Back on topic people.
Anyway Items? Metal mode? 2v1? Sounds epicly crap too me. Good idea though (the person who originally did it)

No SA love :(

Some of those setting are so stupid anyway I wouldnt even want to play.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Back on topic people.
Anyway Items? Metal mode? 2v1? Sounds epicly crap too me. Good idea though (the person who originally did it)

No SA love :(

Some of those setting are so stupid anyway I wouldnt even want to play.
If it so stupid, why do you complain that you aren't in it lol.

Seriously, this game is designed for fun lol.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
In my training camp I heard of a story from a blue belt who works as a bouncer at a pub.

Two very pissed in the face guys tried to pick a fight with him. Blue belt managed to easily rear naked choke one guy, then moved on to the other and just as easily rear naked choke the other. He did all this standing up.

The kicker? He had the time to put the first guy in recovery position before dealing with the second.

So badass.

What if you faced Bob Munsen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H0dYEjR-jA&feature=related

Hey mate, we breed like rabbits so we fight like them : DDD

i dunno whether i believe the story, takes atleast 5 seconds to rear naked choke someone and if his friend actually wanted to punch the guy doing it, it wouldnt take him 5 seconds when he's standing next to his friend to punch the bouncer guy.

Zero

Smash Hero
For the QLD guys, yeah.

For us sad NSW folk, it'll be at your tourney the following week, I'd bet. I've set aside formal time for it at my tournament on the 7th too.

Be prepared.

Zero

Smash Hero
There's no Hunter in Kanto :p

Although maybe after awhile Australia could develop an Australia based Smash League.

Pokemon is way way cooler than Australia though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
zero is just waiting to pwn some leader constantly and take his badge and gym leader status.
much more satisfying imo.

Splice

Smash Hero
interesting idea!
If a leader was beaten 3 times in a row by the same person, that person would obtain their status.
Maybe?

I LAG

Smash Lord
interesting idea!
If a leader was beaten 3 times in a row by the same person, that person would obtain their status.
Maybe?
nah because what if that person mained d3 and could beat ted easily coz of the match up but ted is better overall than that person. and then everyone would pick mk and nado spam the d3 player and everyone would then get that badge

tedeth

Smash Master
nah because what if that person mained d3 and could beat ted easily coz of the match up but ted is better overall than that person. and then everyone would pick mk and nado spam the d3 player and everyone would then get that badge
OMFG you actually said something useful and not stupid. Is there hope for Fake Scar?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Leader Characters: Donkey Kong/Bowser
Match Count: 2
Stock: 2
Time Limit: N/A
1st round: vs Donkey Kong in Jungle Japes
2nd round: vs Bowser in Norfair
Pitfalls set to High
Damage ratio set to 0.5
White DK and silver Bowser is reserved for gym leader. In order to obtain the Boulder Badge, trainer must be victorious in both rounds.

White DK is supposed to represent geodude while silver Bowser represents Onix. This was a tough one to come up with since there aren't many rock-type objects/characters in Brawl. Instead I chose the heaviest characters and reduced damage ratio.

lol I think I made it too easy. Then again I'm only the Boulder Badge so...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Leader Characters: Donkey Kong/Bowser
Match Count: 2
Stock: 2
Time Limit: N/A
1st round: vs Donkey Kong in Jungle Japes
2nd round: vs Bowser in Norfair
Pitfalls set to High
Damage ratio set to 0.5
White DK and silver Bowser is reserved for gym leader. In order to obtain the Boulder Badge, trainer must be victorious in both rounds.

White DK is supposed to represent geodude while silver Bowser represents Onix. This was a tough one to come up with since there aren't many rock-type objects/characters in Brawl. Instead I chose the heaviest characters and reduced damage ratio.

lol I think I made it too easy. Then again I'm only the Boulder Badge so...
the badges were'nt suppossed to be in difficulty order, but this is good because if it was against snake nobody would win the badge :)

Top Bottom