• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash League - Registration Has Begun

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
first or second at stigma? please dont talk like that unless youve been there. we all saw his mk in teams and it wasnt as good as chris', and chris didnt even win.

and cobalt hasnt played in a long time, and the standard has risen considerably. if he actually turns up to the next meet, we'll see if hes still good enough. besides, if he rarely comes, no one will ever get to challenge him anyway.

Toby.

Smash Master
Ant1 here,

Yeah, not one s.a. player mentioned. Seriously whats with not even DJB being a leader? He has like 3500 posts so u'd think he'd get mentioned. I didn't expect to be, as i rarely use smashboards. It's just a popularity contest!
Anyway... I'll get u **** kids for this! Ur all gonna die!!11!

except ur missing djb, easily better than a lot of people mentioned there (if he went MK at sitgma he prolly woulda get 2nd or first) as i am also.
And desert eagle, best fox in aus by far.
According to my brother Vyse has only placed 4th once. Yet he gets on the list.
This is serious businezz!!!
Don't think i'm getting angry about this, not at all, im just giving some critique on choices for gym leaders. If ur aim was to put the 12 best brawlers in aus as gym leaders, u did a half good job. I'd only change a few people myself.
and why is cobalt a measly gym leader, wasn't he regarded as being best in aus?
I've answered this question so many times now. SO MANY TIMES.

It's not because we think that you're worse than the other states. It's because SA barely ever travels at all, which makes it almost impossible for people in other states to get your badges. Thats the reason. It's 100% a case of practicality.

The only reason cobalt isn't elite 4 is because he hasn't attended anything in a million years. I'm sure he understands that.

Ricky and I decided that the gym leaders would be spread out amongst the states evenly. As I have stated before, this isn't a '12 best players' system. Its 'a couple high quality players from each state' system.

I wanted DJB to be a leader. From a practical standpoint it would have been a poor decision though.

Zero

Smash Hero
If I can do 50 pushups then so can Shaya. :]

Toby, what do you think about having dedicated time at the HV tourney for gym challenges? It would certaintly be more convenient for you, Ted, Luke and Ricky instead of having to take time out of your tourney matches and rests.

Toby.

Smash Master
That sounds fine. I'm cool with getting their early for that as well. Could also do it during the standard lunch break or somesuch.

Whatever is most convenient for you is the most convenient for us :)

EDIT: DJB. If you want to be a gym leader and can say with some accuracy that you will continue to travel to melbourne and/or QLD and NSW, then there is nothing wrong with you becoming a leader. We have 9 badges at the moment anyway, so theres no hard in a 10th. It will only work if you travel though.

Browny

Smash Hater
first or second at stigma? please dont talk like that unless youve been there. we all saw his mk in teams and it wasnt as good as chris', and chris didnt even win.
to be fair to myself, my MK only did fractionally worse than chris' did. I checked all the stats, on a damage dealt/damage received basis, I actually did very well, my stats were only in the order of about 3-5% lower than chris', while better in some aspects of the matches in my matches vs you and tibs.

of course my MK isnt as good as chris' lol, people play differently in teams than singles. its a completely different playstyle. My john is that I only didnt use him in singles coz i wanted to be nice to people :p

also its safer if you just ignore stuff my brother says lol... however the '12 best players in australia' is more like '12 best players on the eastern states' for accuracy. even then its still subjective lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's barely the 12 best anyway.

It's 12 high level players.

High level is a lot less ambiguous/arguable than "the best".

Because I'm sure, right now, there are more than 12 people in Australia who can beat Vyse, meteor master, whoever.

I'm sure there are more than 4 people who could beat me in the elite 4, etc etc.

But the leaders/elite 4 are high level players, or well-known players, community leaders, etc etc. They're easily known and easily accessible.

Most of the leaders/elite 4 travel, they're known to a wide array of players from the eastern states, or talk on the forums often, or do well in tournaments in general.
As the East Coast is mostly segregated from Adelaide and Western Australia, it's just how it works out. DJBrowny taking the first step of travelling to Melbourne was 'huge', it opened up a bridge that should hopefully continue to develop.

However, case in point;
Everyone knows CAO.
Whilst players like Desert Eagle, corpscreate (WA), etc etc are high level players who no one really knows. YOU GOTTA BE AN INTERNET CELEBRITY, GUYS.

tibs7

Smash Champion
the likeness factor comes in to! Everyone loves Cao and toby etc. .........wait a sec how did shaya get in

EDIT: lol djb stats like that really depend on who you versed but i do agree that you are one of the better players and should be a gym leader.
ps: your bro is really annoying,no offence.

I LAG

Smash Lord
some of these gyms have stupid rules. i dont think there should be any character restrictions on the challengers. one of them was like captain falcon only and another was like low tier only. sif i am going to even think about using low tier. i do like teds rules though.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Learn to play a low tier character or don't get your badge lol.

Captain Falcon only is the most manliest match ever.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah bro. This isn't meant to be super serious, GAWD.

It would be dumb to only have the best players rofl, otherwise it wouldn't be as fun.

And Shaya's right.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I like djbrowny, he makes me want to go to adelaide <3

Tibster - Shaya's the guy everybody LOVES to hate. :grin:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I like djbrowny, he makes me want to go to adelaide <3

Tibster - Shaya's the guy everybody LOVES to hate. :grin:
I'm the Dark Knight, whilst you're the other guy who everyone looks up to but is secretly a two faced jerk, that only a certain few people are aware of, *cough*.

BUT OUR GOAL IS THE SAME.

TO SING AND DANCE TO THE
"BAT TWO SEE":chuckle:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
mine is almost done, I just need one more idea for the final round... if anyone wants to send me such an idea...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol I already thought of that and tested it out but it was way too good, funnily enough I tested it on diddy, 46% death due to uptilt

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If Premium Memberships get passed in you'll be able to.
:)

Setting control schemes to turn shield off would be scary against Snake.

Toby.

Smash Master
As soon as I saw the premium membership poll I voted. Then I wished that I could vote again and again and again. I hope it gets organised soon :(

incidentally theres a person with the username Toby.

Join Date 11-11-2001
Last Activity: 01-01-1970 09:00 AM

1970 wtf

and lol ted I know. Oh how I know.

Toby.

Smash Master
^ I'm pretty sure I've got that covered.

So at the moment it looks like people will be getting 3 characters for all the challenges, except for Accelerate and Cao's challenges which has specific rules bypassing character choice.

So total characters used across all challenges = 5...That's not bad. Could be too easy with all those characters :p

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'd have to say I'm quite happy with how my challenge now looks. People beware! You're going to get a face full of Saturn. =P

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Ahh Tee Cranter you are a funny guy. :p
so are you tea death, ahh subtle humor...
(edit- I realise that I just made an idiot of myself)

3 character huh? so toby's 3 are charizard squirtle and ivysuar?
can I use luigi for cao's challenge?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Sad I'm Misty now =(

Gym Leader Characters: Kirby
Match Count: 3
Stage: Jungle Japes
Time Limit: N/A
Stock Count: 3
Other Conditions:
- Bumpers set to High
- Constant Curry mode on
-Damage Ratio set to 0.2

Will prob change later if I think of something better.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shmot sounds Hebrew.

Cobalt is the gym leader thats like better than the Elite 4, Giovani style, with his Mewtwo in the back, pimps out the front, and team rocket doing his dirty work, he's too GOOD for the elite four.

COBALT IN HIS SPARE TIME:

Toby.

Smash Master
He's under investigation at the moment tibs.

Only one set of rules to gooooo! Thanks for giving us your rules Hotdog. IMO there's nothing wrong with being misty. I got Ericka. All she did was play with flowers all day. Misty beat **** up.

=)

Splice

Smash Hero
I beat Cobalt in a GaW ditto on Smashville.
Hopefully his conditions are 'A ditto on a neutral stage'. Then i get a badge :D

Right?

Top Bottom