• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash League - Registration Has Begun

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I wanted to use pikachu ;_;. Been practicing my epic qacing tech skills, but I always end up doing some epic **** to a SUICIDE :(

I guess I'll be able to Pikachu against CAO <3.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Trainer ID: Toshi

Pokemon:
Mankey (Diddy)
Jigglypuff (Jigglypuff)
Missingno (Random)

Bjay

Smash Lord
Just read my trainer info that you wrote for me Toby! I like it! Thanks very much! :)

Also, I like tedeth's one a lot as well lmao.

Great stuff hahaha.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
pretty sure i should be elite 4, i beat attilia with pikachu

actually regester me on the list as the rival you get to play after you beat the elite 4

Redact (gary mother ****ing oak)
dedede
olimar
rob

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I won the earth badge too, in fact I was the first smasher to win a badge :)
and I successfully defended my badge against 3 people. win.

Ant1

Smash Ace
pretty sure i should be elite 4, i beat attilia with pikachu

actually regester me on the list as the rival you get to play after you beat the elite 4
FINALLY someone else also remembered that there is someone u fight after the elite 4, i was wondering how long it would take, unless someone else wrote it and i missed it?

To be put in the elite 4 u should have, u know, won multiple tournaments, but that's not the case, so why not! U should be the rival.
If only i lived in one of the eastern states, god**** S.A., why do u have to be so far away from the other states.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
FINALLY someone else also remembered that there is someone u fight after the elite 4, i was wondering how long it would take, unless someone else wrote it and i missed it?
The would be the champion. And there can't be a champion until somebody has taken out the elite four.

Ant1

Smash Ace
But in pokemans, there was already a champion. I don't remember anything about the champion having already beaten the elite four.

edit- redact u just need to win 1 tournament in melbourne and u'll be undeniably the best brawler in Australia! lol coz everyone knows melbourne has the best players of everything.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
yeah im going to declare myself the gary oak of this **** since i can
i mean holy smoke im a professional

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
But in pokemans, there was already a champion. I don't remember anything about the champion having already beaten the elite four.
Um, R/B/Y, the champion is your rival, who gets where he is at the end by beating the elite 4 first. There may have been another champion before him, who knows? Point is, we've already given people their positions, and we can't really just outright give someone the title of champion. That's like declaring someone the all round best player. And we aren't the types to pick favourites when nobody has truly proved themselves better than EVERYONE else yet.

Ant1

Smash Ace
but redact beat attila's pikachu i think that makes him the champion, if someone can become elite for off winning one tournament he should be tournament by beating one character.

And i was more referring to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, the champion wasn't ur rival, he was just some guy.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
yeah man i smashed his marth with my falco
plus im the only one amazing enough to be the rival
totally legit vouch from cobalt:
"man redact is amazing holy smoke"
see?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
redact has not beaten my pikachu, namely because i have never used pikachu (like seriously, never). even in friendlies, there is only about 8 characters that i will use, and pikachu is not one of them.

the person who defeats the e4 first will become the champion, and then if someone beats him, they will become the new champion, just like in the game.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
but redact beat attila's pikachu i think that makes him the champion, if someone can become elite for off winning one tournament he should be tournament by beating one character.

And i was more referring to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, the champion wasn't ur rival, he was just some guy.
1. Attila doesn't main Pikachu.
2. Attila isn't the only person who makes up the Elite 4
3. There's no evidence saying that Steven didn't become champion in R/S/E by beating the Elite 4. Whereas to become the champion you had to beat the Elite 4 and the previous champion yourself to claim the title. We haven't had a previous champion, so its up to the best challenger to fill that position by beating everyone else.

Well, ****, Attila seems to have beaten me to it.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
x5 beat 214 tonight 5-0 on cp_fastlane for the title holder of div1 ozfortress
by that logic the elite 4 should be become the elite 5 and ill be the 5th member
totally works if you think about it

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm going to register with only Ice Climbers on the assumption that I can add pokemon characters to my team later as I decide on them.

Speaking of which, for Toby's challenge, can I still do regular infinites (stuff that's are infinite already without stamina mode, such as, obviously, Icies' chain grabs)?

Also, how does the new tier list affect Cao's challenge?

Toby.

Smash Master
That's what I'm trying to decide at the moment. What you need to realise is that since the knockback of attacks never increases in stamina mode, the inherent icies weakness of light weight and the ability to seperate nana don't really exist anymore. As such the chain grab becomes pretty ridiculous.

At the same time I realise that cutting out an entire section of the icies metagame could be unfair.

I'll think about it.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Toby - Fair enough.

Although I just realised: wouldn't the lack of increasing knockback mean Icies don't have an infinite in stamina to begin with, since they are easily escaped <50%~? lols at stamina removing an infinite. (I know that has nothing to do with knockback, I'm assuming all things that scale normally don't in stamina.)

If my assumption is correct, I can't think of anything Icies can do grab-wise that isn't escapable at some point. Something to think about?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Awh, that sucks. Oh well, I look forward to your decision.

btw, before this completely derails, what IS the verdict on Cao's challenge + new tier list?

Top Bottom