• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash League - Registration Has Begun

Toby.

Smash Master
It's up to Cao, since its his challenge. If he considers everything below peach (so all of C, D, E and F tier) to be the extent of his challenge then so be it. Its not so much about us choosing which characters are actually low tier, its more a case of Cao just saying "from here down" and us going with it.

Since I haven't heard anything from Cao about it, for the time being assume you can use anybody in C, D E and F tiers.

And given the crazy amount of pummels people are getting in stamina mode I'm inclined to ban the icies infinites. I'll have a final decision for you by teds tournament.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
As a reminder, the Storm Badge, Marsh Badge and Earth Badge challenges will be up for grabs at the Western Sydney tourney on Sunday.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yay I won the storm badge today.

To be honest I thought these gimmicks would be kind of lame, but after ****** people with pitfalls for like 2 hours i'm really starting to like them :p

S.D

Smash Master
I could very easily have had 4 badges by now.

Sadly I only have 1.

Stupid invisible mode.

Stupid Spear Pillar stage ****.

Stupid Toby with his stupid Squirtle.

So many lolz from these challenges though - it's good fun :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah we should really do something about mine, in metal mode meta knight can chain down throw (with a huge frame window so its impossible to stuff up the chain) to over 400%
and Ice climbers and equally gay

I LAG

Smash Lord
Just play around with gravity and damage ratios. OR you could just ban metaknights dthrow chain grab. Pretty simple.

and lol sam. Get ***** :p

Ill update peoples profiles with badges later.
thats ****ed. mk needs the chain grab coz snake can F-tilt all of mks moves except d-smash and f-smash. so that would limit mk to 2 moves and throws

Vermy

Smash Champion
Couldn't agree with you more Attila.
I could rant on about how someone is actually complaining about Metaknight's lack of attack options, but instead i think this image will suffice:

I LAG

Smash Lord
read the ****ing thread douche bags. this is in metal mode so snake doesn't even flinch or get decent knockback from all but 2 of mks moves and the throws

swordsaint

Smash Master
I_LAG, go die.

Metaknight, disadvantage? LACK OF OPTIONS??!!?!?! This is why I slap you in the back of the head when we play and you complain so much. Seriously, to think you're 15 is very disgraceful to me considering your only a single year younger than me, but oh so stupid.

I LAG

Smash Lord
alright for all you stupid people out there i'll explain metal mode and mk vs snake

in metal mode there is less hitstun and flinching and less knockback so to not get insta f-tilted back by snake you need to give him enough knockback or hitstun so he cant hit you back straight away or you can at least shield it. now as you know metaknights moves have little hitstun and knockback ESPECIALLY IN METAL MODE. only his throws and f-smash and d-smash have enough hitstun and or knockback to not get insta hit my snakes f-tilts.
you know what would be easier, go into metal mode and practice with snake and mk and see how snake can insta f-tilt all of mks moves except the d-smash, f-smash and the throws.
i think the only thing that needs to be changed in the rules is no chain grabbing over 150% which is about half your stock.

tedeth

Smash Master
It's clear that some characters will be better than others for certain challenges. There's no point in changing a challenge because 1 character does slightly worse in it than in usual brawl.

You pick 3 characters for a reason.

Splice

Smash Hero
Tedeth is right.
Its like types.
Your MK has a large disadvantage over these metal types,
And so you will need to use another character to win.
Just like in pokemon, you don't just rely on one pokemon.

I LAG

Smash Lord
i give up. i dont care anymore . i won the badge and there are no other mk mains who only use mk so there is no point in me sticking up for them when they can just use other characters. but i think alot of these challenges are VERY ANTI MK!!!
lukes metal mode ***** mk
lukes invisible mode makes snake ungimpable
teds bull**** pit fall makes mk die on 40%
meteors spear pillar with its stage **** kills mk early and mk can be camped like crazy on spear pillar
cobalts the same as ted with all those pitfalls
and
cao's bull**** rules YOU CANT EVEN USE MK!
same with accelerates YOU CAN ONLY USE CAPTAIN FALCON!!!

so what i have worked out from the gyms the best characters to use are snake, d3, dk, peach and captain falcon. the low tier characters and the heavy characters with high knockback benefit the most. imo there should be more lower damage ratio gyms and no character restrictions

Vermy

Smash Champion
lukes invisible mode makes snake ungimpable
So kill him the traditional way. Or you know, use your SIX JUMPS to chase him offstage and flail wildly at the air. Youll hit him eventually, it works for every other MK in existence.

teds bull**** pit fall makes mk die on 40%
So dodge. Or learn to meteor cancel. you're MK. you have six jumps and all your B moves are for recovery.

meteors spear pillar with its stage **** kills mk early and mk can be camped like crazy on spear pillar
Spear pillar kill everyone. MK being camped? As far as i was aware, Tornado isnt stopped by any of lucas/ness' projectiles. Approach with that. And again. YOU'RE MK.

cao's bull**** rules YOU CANT EVEN USE MK!
same with accelerates YOU CAN ONLY USE CAPTAIN FALCON!!!
Omg, boohoo. God forbid the "perfect" character isn't allowed. You have 2 other slots in your party, use them. Find a low tier character youre comfortable with and go for it, you lose, bah. Try again another time.

so what i have worked out from the gyms the best characters to use are snake, d3, dk, peach and captain falcon. the low tier characters and the heavy characters with high knockback benefit the most. imo there should be more lower damage ratio gyms and no character restrictions
Peach? Really? Is that because she's the highest on the "low tier list"? if that is, you're being stupid. Stop being stupid. You really want to take on CAO in Peach dittos?! GET *****.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Spear pillar kill everyone. MK being camped? As far as i was aware, Tornado isnt stopped by any of lucas/ness' projectiles. Approach with that. And again. YOU'RE MK.
Actually, PK Fire does work... Still, MK has more than enough options. Has it a lot easier than I do.

i would sign up to this,
if accelerate didnt live in QLD =\
He would be coming down to Melbourne for Rocky. As would many other gym leaders.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lukes metal mode ***** mk
oh ilag, your so funny.

lets not forget that in metal mode mk can dthrow snake to killing percent and that having dsmash is all you need since you can hit me offstage with it even after being hit from an ftilt, so 1 grab 1 dsmash and edgeguard away.
if you forgot, you 3 stocked me in metal mode, I think thats more than enough proof that your wrong.

so stop crying and get on with life.

I LAG

Smash Lord
this is all for fun anyway but i really think there should be gyms which benefit light weight, high tier characters. and luke i was talking about if mks chain grab was banned.

vermiis: i'm not worried about pitfalls spiking mk i'm worried about getting stuck in the ground for 2-3sec and getting charged d-smashes and f-smashes
and peach is good at pitfalls coz she is in the air more than any other character in the game

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
mk can only use fsmash, dsmash and throws? god forbid he would have to spam his 3 frame lagless killmove with outrageous knockback... what a disadvantage...

he lost fair and dash attack, get over it.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I Lag, EVERYONE suffers from the problems you are complaining about, just as much and even WORSE than Meta Knight would.

Vermy

Smash Champion
this is all for fun anyway but i really think there should be gyms which benefit light weight, high tier characters. and luke i was talking about if mks chain grab was banned.

vermiis: i'm not worried about pitfalls spiking mk i'm worried about getting stuck in the ground for 2-3sec and getting charged d-smashes and f-smashes
and peach is good at pitfalls coz she is in the air more than any other character in the game
kirby, jigglypuff, squirtle.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol dumb**** metaknight can stay in the air the whole game and has a much better aerial game than peach

Vermy

Smash Champion
i can't believe i didn't say that first. -_-

but judging by I_Lag's claim of Peach, his MK game must be grounded. I'm guessing Dtilt, Dsmash and Dthrow is all he's using.
[/flame]

Top Bottom