• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros: Mugen Brawl - A Brawl With Them All

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
i know a brawl + base was voted on by majority by is there any chance we can have 2 teams, one working on brawl + and the other working on vbrawl? If you think about it the poll was held in a biased section <_<. The reason i started hacking my wii was because i found out about psa chars and im sure other vbrawlers would want to try this project if they knew about it.
Should vbrawlers miss out because they prefer the regular game mechanics?

^^^wow. i hate when something like that happens. Ever since i lost a ps picture i worked on for like ever i always back up important data

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
@ Clone engine remark: Umm... that makes this all the better?
That works too lol

you could have one folder for b+, one dedicated mugen brawl folder (ie /mb/ or something), and up to 674 other folders, each of which can contain PACs for every character. You're only limited by the number of buton combinations you can figure out, as well as the space on your SD Card

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
i know a brawl + base was voted on by majority by is there any chance we can have 2 teams, one working on brawl + and the other working on vbrawl? If you think about it the poll was held in a biased section <_<. The reason i started hacking my wii was because i found out about psa chars and im sure other vbrawlers would want to try this project if they knew about it.
Should vbrawlers miss out because they prefer the regular game mechanics?

^^^wow. i hate when something like that happens. Ever since i lost a ps picture i worked on for like ever i always back up important data
I'm personally for a vBrawl base as well so when the Brawl+ base gets released, I'll try and make a vBrawl base as well.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
starting over on blastoise... not gonna be fun -_-
**** computer..
well i do know who i'll be making later tho.

Metal sonic (too many shadow's already lol)

oh and to toondiddy.
after we balance for + i believe we're gonna balance for V separatelly.

but personally i think you should give it a try with the balancing for + untill we get to v

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Sorry to hear about that Kyzon. I hope your other characters come out all right, and hopefully better than the ones you lost. It's a ***** dealing with PSA.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Even though it will suck to try to do, I'm gonna go for making a Shadow Queen Peach when I get back on the PC.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
oh i lost my entire Cdrive in my computer -_-
so its back to the beginning for anything i didnt upload

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
oh i lost my entire Cdrive in my computer -_-
so its back to the beginning for anything i didnt upload
One character at a time Kyzon. Characters that have been voted in already can be swapped out, only if a vote is strong enough. The current voting process is for MBrawl's starting roster. Once we begin balancing and such, we'll change things as needed.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
It seems pretty obvious that Rosalina has won the Peach poll but I'll leave it to Sacr3d S3rph1m to officially close the poll...

Right now I'm gonna go to sleep and closs my eyes...

*snores*

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
It seems pretty obvious that Rosalina has won the Peach poll but I'll leave it to Sacr3d S3rph1m to officially close the poll...

Right now I'm gonna go to sleep and closs my eyes...

*snores*
All right, that poll is closed. Next poll needed is for Bowser.

Candidates, that have been mentioned are:

Giga Bowser/Kooplus
Blastoise
Koopa Kid

...any others before Fusion makes the poll?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Do you think you guys can show me to the PSA Rosalina character link? Thanks.

Ehic

Smash Cadet
This looks like a cool idea. I just downloaded the PSA program but still have no idea how to use it. Once I figure it out would gladly help. Also if any knows of a tutorial for PSA that would be awesome.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
All right, that poll is closed. Next poll needed is for Bowser.

Candidates, that have been mentioned are:

Giga Bowser/Kooplus
Blastoise
Koopa Kid

...any others before Fusion makes the poll?
The name for it is Giga Kooplus, lol. not Giga Bowser. It was originally Gige Boowser, but I changed it. Just clarification.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
starting over on blastoise... not gonna be fun -_-
**** computer..
well i do know who i'll be making later tho.

Metal sonic (too many shadow's already lol)

oh and to toondiddy.
after we balance for + i believe we're gonna balance for V separatelly.

but personally i think you should give it a try with the balancing for + untill we get to v
i tried regular brawl + and didnt like it. i doubt muegan brawl + will be much different

There isn't one, she's going to be made by our PSA team. (If we get enough support for this... spread Mugen Brawl around people.)
im with ehic. find me a good complete tutorial video would be hekpful too and ill help

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Oh, I forgot to mention that I can set up the actual code, and help with balancing. I am almost done with the code, lol. I really haven't done much to it yet, but it loads to folder MB, short for Mugen Brawl, of course, and the button input is R+A. I can't do anything else until we get all of the characters done. Without further ado, the code:

Code:
Alternate File Data
0657A000 BYTECOUN
XXXXXXXX YY00E27B
01A04D42 00000000
Loads to folder MB. Input to load alternate files is R+A.
Lol, not very impressive, anyone can do it, but I did it just because I have nothing better to do, lol.

Oh, and I believe that MB must be in caps. the values are different if MB is lowercase.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Oh, I forgot to mention that I can set up the actual code, and help with balancing. I am almost done with the code, lol. I really haven't done much to it yet, but it loads to folder MB, short for Mugen Brawl, of course, and the button input is R+A. I can't do anything else until we get all of the characters done. Without further ado, the code:
Are you certain this works? I've had no success getting it to work anytime I wasn't player 1 on a wired GC controller. I think the issues with the code should be sorted out before adding it to a large project like this. (Unless you have the code working flawlessly. In which case, ignore everything I just said.)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Are you certain this works? I've had no success getting it to work anytime I wasn't player 1 on a wired GC controller. I think the issues with the code should be sorted out before adding it to a large project like this. (Unless you have the code working flawlessly. In which case, ignore everything I just said.)
Of course it doesn't work. I haven't added the BYTECOUN and the character values in yet. All I did was provide the basic framework. I didn't add the bytecoun or the character stuff because this is not released yet. Once it is released, I will finish the code. And we need to have a single CSS screen, I recommend the Brawl+ one, because it affects the code.

I could also change the code to work with vBrawl. Whatever you guys want. Although I think that you guys would want a Brawl+ version.

I could finish the code over the weekend and give some sample characters (some that are already voted for) in with a .rar download, if you guys want. Just for the fun of it.

Too bad I can't do it now; I have a history paper due on friday, and I have to work on it.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
'Kay. I just meant the code in general. I was afraid someone'd spend a lot of effort filling the values out for what's done so far, so I raised my concerns.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
'Kay. I just meant the code in general. I was afraid someone'd spend a lot of effort filling the values out for what's done so far, so I raised my concerns.
Thank you, but I will, of course, test it before I put the finished version in the thread.

And, correct me if I am wrong, is there a difference between "mb" and "MB" in hex? I think there was, but I can't be 100% sure.

Oh, and Eldiran, did you just test out the code as I posted it, or did you fill in all of the values?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
The name for it is Giga Kooplus, lol. not Giga Bowser. It was originally Gige Boowser, but I changed it. Just clarification.
Ignorance is not bliss sometimes, so tell me why Kooplus>Bowser when it comes to the name?

Or is it a play on words, since it was meant for B+?

Also, thanks for joining the project. I'm glad to see more people want in on this.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Ignorance is not bliss sometimes, so tell me why Kooplus>Bowser when it comes to the name?

Or is it a play on words, since it was meant for B+?

Also, thanks for joining the project. I'm glad to see more people want in on this.
I decided on Kooplus for just a couple simple reasons. Firstly, we alreay had a Giga Bowser, and another name similar to that (even though Giga Boowser is slightly different) would cause confusion. Secondly, it was meant for Brawl+, as I do nont play Brawl at all anymore, and I personally like how he played in Brawl+ more.

Not a problem. I can help balance a bit, but I am woefully unknowlegable on editing certain things such as frame speeds. Perhaps others could help with that sort of thing. And I can test and make suggestions. However, I have school, and I do, in fact, have a life, so I cannot spend all of my time on this.

And I think that we should be able to get out a beta in what, two-four weeks? Not many people like waiting too long for a project to be released.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I decided on Kooplus for just a couple simple reasons. Firstly, we alreay had a Giga Bowser, and another name similar to that (even though Giga Boowser is slightly different) would cause confusion. Secondly, it was meant for Brawl+, as I do nont play Brawl at all anymore, and I personally like how he played in Brawl+ more.

Not a problem. I can help balance a bit, but I am woefully unknowlegable on editing certain things such as frame speeds. Perhaps others could help with that sort of thing. And I can test and make suggestions. However, I have school, and I do, in fact, have a life, so I cannot spend all of my time on this.

And I think that we should be able to get out a beta in what, two-four weeks? Not many people like waiting too long for a project to be released.
We're gamers, of course we have lives. lol.

About frame speed, from what I undeestand 6000=1 frame. I may be way off on the matter, but I'm pretty sure of it. If you already knew that, then I can't help much further than that.

I'm just the idealist and organizer. Without you guys helping, it won't work.

Also, how are we going to release this in two to four weeks, when we haven't finished the voting for the PSAs or do you want there to be a release with the set characters, and we'll update as they come out? Discuss.

Ehic

Smash Cadet
I think what cookie meant by beta was demo with 4 or so characters then eventually a full release. Aside from the stickied forum here does anyone know of a good guide or tutorial for PSA, I'm still clueless on how it works. I gonna go mess around with it now.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Green Thunder Luigi? He's so much like normal Luigi, except that he has lightning o_O.
That's like...so creative...

I'd suggest Mr. L instead.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I think what cookie meant by beta was demo with 4 or so characters then eventually a full release. Aside from the stickied forum here does anyone know of a good guide or tutorial for PSA, I'm still clueless on how it works. I gonna go mess around with it now.
That's exactly what I meant.

And yay, Giga Kooplus is winning in the polls :) lol, i hope he wins. haha

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
That's exactly what I meant.

And yay, Giga Kooplus is winning in the polls :) lol, i hope he wins. haha
This is day two of voting, so after tomorrow it closes. And a demo sounds nice, to get some hype for it. :)

EDIT: @Smash: I'll put the Echo Blade PSAs into the demo, so on the first page it'll say demo next to their names, since they haven't been voted in yet.

EDITx2: Give me demo PSAs that aren't broken for those that haven't been voted for.

EDITx3: OP edited with Echo Blades as DEMO characters.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Is it just me, or does it seem highly logical to put the link to the poll in the OP?

An I'll check the Character Submission Thread for characters. lol.

Oh, Wisp for Jiggy. OBV.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Is it just me, or does it seem highly logical to put the link to the poll in the OP?

An I'll check the Character Submission Thread for characters. lol.

Oh, Wisp for Jiggy. OBV.
It's highly logical, but I'm using WiiNet, so that's not going to happen. I'll organize more when I get on a pc again.

And consider Wisp added to the DEMO.

Top Bottom