• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros: Mugen Brawl - A Brawl With Them All

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i've actually updated the pac file now so i'll post that up/change the links eventually.

the only real changes are faster ice blocks and different fsmash animation (old neutral b instead of home run bat).

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP CREATE THE CODE FOR ME. Thank you.

I have all of the files set up, but I am currently having trouble with the code (Alternate File Loader). If anyone has thourogh knowledge of the code, please pm me. Keep in mind that I need help specifically with the BYTECOUN.

And IndigoFenix, I am not including your version in Beta 1. The reasoning behind this decision is that, despite your version having ideas that Shadic's version does not, your version is in beta, and Shadic's version is more evolved. I do, however, appreciate your input, and I will get back to you after you edit your version a bit more.

Who knows: in the next beta release, your version may be used.

EDIT:

In case anyone wants to know who the characters used in the beta are:

------------------
------DEMO 1------
------------------

REPLACED CHARACTERS

Snake = Kakashi
Bowser = Giga Kooplus (with texture: BE ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Lucario = Mewtwo
Marth = Roy
Toon Link = Geno (by Shadic, with texture: BE ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Shiek = Echo Blade Shiek
Zelda = Echo Blade Zelda
Ike = Ragna the Bloodedge (with texture: BE ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Yoshi = Angel Yoshi (with texture: BE ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Ness = Avitar Ness
Jigglypuff = Wisp

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I have all of the files set up, but I am currently having
And IndigoFenix, I am not including your version in Beta 1. The reasoning behind this decision is that, despite your version having ideas that Shadic's version does not, your version is in beta, and Shadic's version is more evolved. I do, however, appreciate your input, and I will get back to you after you edit your version a bit more.
Oh, is that the problem? When I called it 'Beta' I was just emphasizing the point that there was room for improvement. My plan was to have a fully playable, bug-free version done by beta 0.5 and take suggestions for things like balancing after that, releasing the perfected version afterward.
Anyway, I'm done with that version. Since in accordance with normal practice a 'complete' version can still be improved later, I'll release it as Finished Version 1.

So my point is: This version is not beta but can still be improved for balancing purposes. So you can test it out and put it in Mugen if you like it. Or, if Shadic doesn't mind, we can begin to work on that collab idea...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjnhoewyelf/CosmicGenoVersion1.pac

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Oh, is that the problem? When I called it 'Beta' I was just emphasizing the point that there was room for improvement. My plan was to have a fully playable, bug-free version done by beta 0.5 and take suggestions for things like balancing after that, releasing the perfected version afterward.
Anyway, I'm done with that version. Since in accordance with normal practice a 'complete' version can still be improved later, I'll release it as Finished Version 1.

So my point is: This version is not beta but can still be improved for balancing purposes. So you can test it out and put it in Mugen if you like it. Or, if Shadic doesn't mind, we can begin to work on that collab idea...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjnhoewyelf/CosmicGenoVersion1.pac
Ah, i see. I would appreciate it if you two did a combination of both versions would be greatly appreciated.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey, I could edit the name of the characters and upload the file when you guys need it. okay? I wont do it until were ready for release of a beta, or at least, until we stop adding characters for beta 1.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Hey, I could edit the name of the characters and upload the file when you guys need it. okay? I wont do it until were ready for release of a beta, or at least, until we stop adding characters for beta 1.
I can release a beta when I get the code working. I still need help with the code, people!

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Something like this is already happening guys, but it is much better than this.

This is JUST movesets that have already been made, correct?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Something like this is already happening guys, but it is much better than this.

This is JUST movesets that have already been made, correct?
No, they are also being edited for balance. Not in the beta, though.

And, link for the thing that you were talking about, please?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
If I am mistaken, Vile is probably talking about Smash Bros Clash by Starshadow. Vile, correct me if I'm wrong.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
They're not out yet. The Mugen Brawl PSA team is still working on them

Ehic

Smash Cadet
Since Yoshi has been skipped, lets start voting for Donkey Kong. Any nomimatons?
I vote a Funky Kong PSA. (Don't think there is one though.)

Ehic

Smash Cadet
Do you think we should start designing the characters we voted in already (Rosalina)

King Kong with a grab game base sounds like alot of fun to play.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Just to let you know, if I ever learn this blasted PSA program, which will be soon, I will be making a Mallow PSA. So hold the Kirby votes if possible!

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on Blanka DK, so I guess I'll nominate that.

However, that King Kong DK sounds like a lot of fun. Granted, DK's throw section in the PSA is quite...large. Possibly complex.
Should be fun.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
i also saw a donkey kong that throws barrels..
so i think a 4 way poll would be pimp..
also PKMN are able to be edited now :3

so after i finish with kyzon i think i'll make blastoise outta squirtle rather than bowser unless someone objects

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, are there a lot of Diddy hacks out there? I haven't seen too many, so I'd like to nominate Jet Diddy for that position, even though he began as a minor side project. He probably needs to be edited for balancing purposes, though.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Just wondering, are there a lot of Diddy hacks out there? I haven't seen too many, so I'd like to nominate Jet Diddy for that position, even though he began as a minor side project. He probably needs to be edited for balancing purposes, though.
Yeah, just send him into freefall state after the Shuttle Loop. Other then that he's balanced.

Sorry to hear that Cookiemonster, best wishes to you.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
i also saw a donkey kong that throws barrels..
so i think a 4 way poll would be pimp..
also PKMN are able to be edited now :3

so after i finish with kyzon i think i'll make blastoise outta squirtle rather than bowser unless someone objects
and sorry for the double post. But
Please. Giga Kooplus will then be used
And everyone's happy

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
smashbox even works on MH3 so i bet you can just pull out the character and resize and overlap pieces with photoshop, to get the character texture to work in brawl

JOE!

Smash Hero
isnt barrel dk just dk with 1 move changed?

doesnt seem worthy IMO (no offense to the creator)

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is the nature of Mugen Brawl?

Are we specifically looking for different, independently existing characters to put in the game, or are we simply looking for major moveset changes? Not that it would really make much of a difference, I mean, Dr. Mario and Mario are generally considered to be two different characters, so...

AssaultFalcon

Smash Cadet
Mario isn't top tier, he is. Id like to see an axe weilding marth, kinda like Hector from FE. Maybe even a Lyndis, or an assault archer link with light arrow's, possible???

Ehic

Smash Cadet
DK Poll

Feel Free submit characters, even incomplete ones, but please wait till we get to the character they are replacing. Next will be Diddy Kong so anyone have ideas for him?

Top Bottom