• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros: Mugen Brawl - A Brawl With Them All

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Welcome to Smash Bros: Mugen Brawl! Here we are working on nominating, balancing, and agreeing on which characters from Project Smash Attacks, later on seen as PSA are going to be in Smash Bros Mugen Brawl.

-The balancing base is going to take place on Brawl+ settings.

-Characters are going to be balanced against mid-tier characters, so that it gives the metagame a chance to develop and unravel their true potential.

-Only one PSA character can replace an original so a voting system will be in place to properly place which PSA character everyone wants on the original.

-Rules that apply across SWF globally, apply here.

-More to add, when input is provided.

Below is each originals' icon and next to them will be the name of the PSA character they will be replaced by, that we have voted and agreed on. Voting for each will last 3 days.

Smash Bros: Mugen Brawl

:mario2: - Phoenix Mario
:luigi2: - Green Thunder Luigi
:peach: - Rosalina
:bowser2: - Blastoise Giga Kooplus (DEMO)
:yoshi2:
:dk2:
:diddy:
:kirby2:
:dedede:
:metaknight:
:link2:
:zelda: - Echo Blade Zelda (DEMO)
:shiek: - Echo Blade Shiek (DEMO)
:ganondorf:
:toonlink:
:fox:
:falco:
:wolf:
:marth:
:ike:
:samus2:
:zerosuitsamus:
:ness2:
:lucas:
:sonic:
:olimar:
:pit:
:popo:
:wario:
:gw:
:snake:
:rob:
:falcon:
:pt:
:squirtle:
:ivysaur:
:charizard:
:lucario:
:jigglypuff: - Wisp (DEMO)
:pikachu2:

homeless hobo

Smash Rookie
I had this idea. I wanted to replace every character with one PSA character and that way, I'd have an entirely new game just by popping in an SD card. If Almis' clone engine ever gets released, then I could have one moveset for every costume and have hundreds of characters.

Now all someone needs to do is find out how to change the portrait name when you select a character.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Lol Roy is sooo gonna be in this.

But wait. Is this styled after Brawl or B+

And obviously this is going to be called Super Mugen Bros Brawl.

mofo_

Smash Ace
jiggz = wisp
lucario = mew2
sheik = shinigami
marth = roy
zelda = echoblade
:D

idk any other well balanced PSA chars

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
The only balanced ones i know are: Mewtwo, Wisp and Roy. All the others i've played are way overpowered. I'd like to learn how to make a PSA so i can do one myself xDD. I'll probably make Skull Kid Toon Link, since i like him. But for now, Mewtwo, Wisp and Roy are the balanced ones.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lolololl. Yea guys, Geno is pretty balanced/underpowered.

Mewtwo is kinda on the neutral side...Roy is on the good side...Wisp is on the WTF? side.

>_> Yea...
-DD

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
PSA characters... Balanced? :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

That's a whole new project on its own. Good luck :chuckle:
Roy's the only one I know will be balanced but like others mentioned, Mewtwo's going that way too.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Wisp isn't balanced...just saying.

Geno is underpowered as well, really he does worse then Tink.
Roy&Mew2 I haven't played, so I don't know.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget about Doc, guys. Someone, somewhere, is working on him. I think...

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Guys, hate to break it to you, but Almas stopped working on clone engine a long time ago. He also can't make anymore codes. I have an idea for a clone engine, but I'm pretty sure everyone would think it is stupid.

If you want, I'll post it as I sent it to Almas (Unless Almas says no).

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I'd like to see your idea Shadow.

Making an entire roster of PSA characters would be cool.

(So far all the Ness hacks I've seen were pretty broken and not well put together.)
I'm working on a Ness hack and so far it's not overpowered.
(Back throw angle is changed so it's not broken in conjuction with my edits)

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
So I came up with an Idea for a clone engine since you didn't want to continue yours.

Firstly, it should detect what .pac is loaded, like FitXXXX00.pac

And then it looks in the SD card for a corrasponding moveset.

Like So:

The Game Says:Load FitMario00.pac
The Code Says:FitMario00.pac detected, replacing fitmario.pac (This Is on the disk, not the SD Card) with fitmariomoveset00.pac (which IS from the SD card.)

I know that Isn't actually how it works lulz, but you get the idea...

And for custom character slots, something along the lines of CSS modifier should work, just change it to automatically load a costume with different character slots...

Too much?
Personally, if I were writing a file swapping code, I would use the already existing File Replacement code. It already comes with the ability to specify the folder the files were in. I could then use a series of conditionals to change the folder the file is loaded from (probably setting up simple conditionals like checking an 8-bit address, and using another set of codes to fill in those values by looking at details like costume).
invis10char

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Characters I currently have are:

Jin - Marth
Ragna - Ike
Wisp - Jiggz
Geno - Toon Link
Xin - Link
Phoenix Mario - Mario
Electric Luigi - Luigi
Dark/Ice Samus - Samus
Static - Pikachu
Another BlazBlue Char - Peach
Triforce Unleashed Ganon - Ganondorf
Melee G&W - Game & Watch
Jet Diddy - Diddy Kong (Pretty Balanced, IMO)
Dark Super Sonic - Sonic (Great Char, just needs balancing in some areas)
Giga Bowser - Bowser
Angel Yoshi - Yoshi
Shishigami - Sheik
Time Mage(Long Version) - Zelda(Mildly Broken)
Galacta Knight - Meta Knight (Broken and needs some toning down)

I think those are all that I currently have. I would like to nominate Viewtiful Joe for Captain Falcon's slot, and helping with production would be nice.

Also, does anyone wish to start a Xat for Mugen(PSA) Brawl?

EDIT: Topic Title Changed. Credit to GHNeko.

EDIT: Nvm, can't change topic title, clearly... : /

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Actually I'm pretty sure Almas gave up on it because of the complications brought by PSA. I think at this point we may have to wait for Phantom Wings to bail us out again.

homeless hobo

Smash Rookie
I nominate Avatar Ness for Ness. And Phoenix Mario would have to be tweaked to work as his down B stalls.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Phoenix Mario is broken in my opinion. I mean, his Fair kills way too early and easy, and his DownB stalls like a bish. Geno is pretty balanced, i tried him out, and he's actually pretty awesome. (not broken, just awesome), Any other PSA's i have to try out? I like to do that :D

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna release an updated version of My Kyzon.
biggest fix will probably be Lag when he teleports. idk what else to nerf or anything tho :(

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
Who would judge this, eveyone
Can we make a list of characters,
with polls so that people can judge how balanced they are in mass

Post Characters
with character rating ((1-10) ,5 perfectly balanced, 8 too strong, 3 too weak)
Something like stage finder
where other people can judge a PSA Character

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm gonna release an updated version of My Kyzon.
biggest fix will probably be Lag when he teleports. idk what else to nerf or anything tho :(
Is there a way for you to make the extra swords appear when he attacks, instead of them being glued to his shield?

I don't know much about the character you based him off of, but he seems well done. His smash charges max out too early.

Wisp glitch: When grabbed and thrown, the texture for Wisp dies during the throw animation. Any clue why? or has this been fixed and updated?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Wisp glitch: When grabbed and thrown, the texture for Wisp dies during the throw animation. Any clue why? or has this been fixed and updated?
It's required. Otherwise, when Wisp grabs and throws somebody, it screws up the model for a lot of characters, and has the potential to freeze some.

When I removed Geno's sword and shield in all of his actions, throwing Mario would make his head disappear, and throwing Ganon would freeze the game, among other things. I had to re-add the equipment while he's being thrown.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
This is because certain subactions refuse to execute commands; thus, the graphics won't execute. Unfortunately there's no fix I know of.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
You know guys, this will require a massive amount of work. No PSA character is truely balanced. Replacing the entire cast with PSA characters would require balancing EVERYONE with the others. 37 or so characters to balance. Think about it.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't like the idea. It just requires too much time and attention to do this properly without possibly compromising some work currently being done for Brawl +.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way for you to make the extra swords appear when he attacks, instead of them being glued to his shield?

I don't know much about the character you based him off of, but he seems well done. His smash charges max out too early.

well i'm going to finish removing the sword and shield completely with the next update. and the Upsmash i believe is the one that maxes out too early right? i'm going to slow that animation down by about 1/2

and i was gonna have the swords appear and disappear but the file was huge... overall i MAY just do a huge update because i wanted his swords green and i'm gonna use the Zsaber pac

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Clone Engine is being made by Almas and its not done :V
ALMAS IS NOT ****ING MAKING THE ****ING CLONE ENGINE!!!
jesus christ you people are behind he said like 3 months ago he is giving up on it because it is "above his skills"

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Shadowtroop said:
So I came up with an Idea for a clone engine since you didn't want to continue yours.

Firstly, it should detect what .pac is loaded, like FitXXXX00.pac

And then it looks in the SD card for a corrasponding moveset.

Like So:

The Game Says:Load FitMario00.pac
The Code Says:FitMario00.pac detected, replacing fitmario.pac (This Is on the disk, not the SD Card) with fitmariomoveset00.pac (which IS from the SD card.)

I know that Isn't actually how it works lulz, but you get the idea...

And for custom character slots, something along the lines of CSS modifier should work, just change it to automatically load a costume with different character slots...

Too much?
Quote:
Personally, if I were writing a file swapping code, I would use the already existing File Replacement code. It already comes with the ability to specify the folder the files were in. I could then use a series of conditionals to change the folder the file is loaded from (probably setting up simple conditionals like checking an 8-bit address, and using another set of codes to fill in those values by looking at details like costume).
Mind if I contact you about this?

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
that won't work morons. for one fitmario00.pac is marios default costume not his moveset and another thin g the wii isn't smart enough to replace a memory with another without modding your wii.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Smashmaniac, please don't be so disrespectful to the posters.

Returning to the topic at hand, I reiterate that PSA characters should be balanced against the vBrawl cast, excluding Metaknight and Snake.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Smashmaniac, please don't be so disrespectful to the posters.

Returning to the topic at hand, I reiterate that PSA characters should be balanced against the vBrawl cast, excluding Metaknight and Snake.
I agree, but wouldn't it give Mugen Brawl more spice if some characters were actually able to measure up to the two?

I think Jin from Blazblue has potential.

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
as it is
Meta should be toned down period
Snake I think is fair enough though

even so, balanced characters should not be based on a certain character
they should be based on how they fair with normal game play
thats why I want many people to choose
for example, metaknight most people would say he is too powerfull

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I think what makes a character balanced is on how good he does against the whole cast. For example, if he has a positive match-up against the whole cast, then it is broken in my opinion (MetaKnight in vBrawl). If a character has good match-ups, and bad ones, then i consider it balanced. For example Marth in vBrawl is pretty balanced. Jin is obviously way to powerfull, i'd even find it sad for MetaKnight to be treated like that lol. Jin should get toned down, i mean a freezing thing on like half his moves is too much. SideB spam with Jin anyone?

Top Bottom