• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros: Mugen Brawl - A Brawl With Them All

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Will the Water do damage this time or will it have more wind knockback on it?

And what are you going to do about waterfall?
i was thinkin of trying to give the water damage and recovering would be different... it wouldnt play like squirtle at all..

like rapid spin would sit in one place probably and reflect anime style... perhaps. i havent thought it through yet.. but i'll grab ideas from the show

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
i was thinkin of trying to give the water damage and recovering would be different... it wouldnt play like squirtle at all..

like rapid spin would sit in one place probably and reflect anime style... perhaps. i havent thought it through yet.. but i'll grab ideas from the show
Sounds interesting... I think it'd be do-able. We'll just have to wait until they allow manipulation of the Pokemon Trainer's .pac files.

Also, would squirtle be the base? Or Bowser? I've seen a Blastoise texture hack on bowser before.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Sounds interesting... I think it'd be do-able. We'll just have to wait until they allow manipulation of the Pokemon Trainer's .pac files.

Also, would squirtle be the base? Or Bowser? I've seen a Blastoise texture hack on bowser before.
In all honesty, I think he should do it on Bowser, to be on the safe side, just in case it doesn't work out for the PT.pacs. Bowser's UpB qualifies as a great Rapid Spin, but should have more vertical recovery than horizontal, like Samus, and should sit in one spot, while grounded, and is capable of reflecting, whether or not he's grounded.

Fire Breath should be removed, and you could make that a Hydro Pump, that's chargeable.

Bowser's side B could become Metal Claw, with invincibility frames.

Just a few ideas, being thrown out there.

By the way, the poll for voting should end when? I was thinking this Sunday.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
In all honesty, I think he should do it on Bowser, to be on the safe side, just in case it doesn't work out for the PT.pacs. Bowser's UpB qualifies as a great Rapid Spin, but should have more vertical recovery than horizontal, like Samus, and should sit in one spot, while grounded, and is capable of reflecting, whether or not he's grounded.

Fire Breath should be removed, and you could make that a Hydro Pump, that's chargeable.

Bowser's side B could become Metal Claw, with invincibility frames.

Just a few ideas, being thrown out there.

By the way, the poll for voting should end when? I was thinking this Sunday.
That's what I was thinking along the lines of. The only problem with the Blastoise texture hack if I remember correctly, was that the spikes were still there. I think they'd be able to remove them now with the advances in texture hacking having been made.

Also, down-b might be given an animation similar to bowsers dash attack, were he lunges forward (skull bash).

As for the poll, Sunday what time zone? It seems as if Brawl + has got it in the bag though... I don't really think continuing with the poll would change the results much. Maybe we could de do both a vBrawl set and a Brawl + set. It would just involve changing gct's and maybe tweaking (minorly) some character's .pac files. I'd be happy to work on the vBrawk front (collecting codes, making the SD pack, minorly tweaking some characters). I'd also be happy putting together a premade SD pack for the Brawl + version of Mugen brawl.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
That's what I was thinking along the lines of. The only problem with the Blastoise texture hack if I remember correctly, was that the spikes were still there. I think they'd be able to remove them now with the advances in texture hacking having been made.

Also, down-b might be given an animation similar to bowsers dash attack, were he lunges forward (skull bash).

As for the poll, Sunday what time zone? It seems as if Brawl + has got it in the bag though... I don't really think continuing with the poll would change the results much. Maybe we could de do both a vBrawl set and a Brawl + set. It would just involve changing gct's and maybe tweaking (minorly) some character's .pac files. I'd be happy to work on the vBrawk front (collecting codes, making the SD pack, minorly tweaking some characters). I'd also be happy putting together a premade SD pack for the Brawl + version of Mugen brawl.
Yeah, I don't think keeping it up longer will change anything either.

My reasoning is, balancing the character vBrawl would allow us to balance them against an official tier list that is legit, whereas I don't know what the tier list for Brawl+ is, and there's no telling who's top and who's bottom. That wouldn't give us a range, since the characters are already balanced out.

You should probably do the premade pack for the Brawl+ version since this is where it's leaning toward, so far.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I don't think keeping it up longer will change anything either.

My reasoning is, balancing the character vBrawl would allow us to balance them against an official tier list that is legit, whereas I don't know what the tier list for Brawl+ is, and there's no telling who's top and who's bottom. That wouldn't give us a range, since the characters are already balanced out.

You should probably do the premade pack for the Brawl+ version since this is where it's leaning toward, so far.
Yeah ok :). I'll just wait until we decide/finalize which characters we are using and then I'll post it. I've got the rest of the format ready.

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
Umm....isn't the point not to use vBrawl characters? If you are going to use all PSA characters, save the ones you can't edit, why don't you just collect them all, then balance them against each other.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Umm....isn't the point not to use vBrawl characters? If you are going to use all PSA characters, save the ones you can't edit, why don't you just collect them all, then balance them against each other.
I've collected as many as I can collect, but not all the characters have been covered so far. Plus we're going to agree on which PSA character covers which original, so that nobody's crying unfair. Roy vs. Jin is going to be an issue. Some will say Roy, because he's already balanced, while others will vote Jin. Same for some other characters.

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
I've collected as many as I can collect, but not all the characters have been covered so far. Plus we're going to agree on which PSA character covers which original, so that nobody's crying unfair. Roy vs. Jin is going to be an issue. Some will say Roy, because he's already balanced, while others will vote Jin. Same for some other characters.
But then how can you know if Wisp has a vunerablity to Roy, and not to Jin, and Roy is balanced to all other characters except him? If you are breaking away from the other characters of Brawl, you don't need the same kind of balance they have, you'd have their own, and that would completely change the playstyle of the game. Broken moves may very well be countered by broken moves.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
But then how can you know if Wisp has a vunerablity to Roy, and not to Jin, and Roy is balanced to all other characters except him? If you are breaking away from the other characters of Brawl, you don't need the same kind of balance they have, you'd have their own, and that would completely change the playstyle of the game. Broken moves may very well be countered by broken moves.
We'd have to give it some time. I know people are pretty excited about this project, and would like to see it come to fruition, but right now, we have to first select the roster. Balancing would begin afterwards.

The poll won't be needed anymore, since B+ is killing vB in votes. I suppose we could start by choosing which PSA will override Mario, and then we'll go down the list on the OP.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Is Phoenix Mario considered balanced? Because i'm actually trying to make a map on my laptop with the name ''Balanced PSA's''. Mewtwo, Roy, Geno and Wisp are in it already.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman

Hmm i was thinkin Squirtle.. but bowser would work to.. if i could get rid of all but 2 spikes..
that would actually work VERY WELL.. hmmm i'll look into this

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Wisp is not balanced <_<

And I personally think Jin and Rachel should be on there too, once they fix a couple things.
Rachel is... terrible! None of her attacks do anything to kill. Either her learning curve surpasses my intellect or she is a terrible PSA, that needs some more work. Sorry about being blunt, but I can't handle how much more of a nerfed version of Peach she is. Upsmash is awesome, Gooey Bomb is awesome, but other attacks are useless, period.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Tell me why Wisp isn't balanced? I don't see anything broken about him? Heck, it's even hard to play Wisp yourself since you don't know which side your facing 'n stuff like that. Imo, Roy should be the Marth PSA. Jin is just, blergh. I don't like him for some odd reason.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I once again nominate Giga Kooplus for Bowser. I can get a link to it and balance it more if you guys would want.

Oh and Roy for Marth obv.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
I think we're starting with Mario. When Sacr3d S3raph1m says we're on to other characters, then we'll discuss them. This means that we should only really be debating which Mario character to use.

As for Mario, the current PSA hacks we should vote on are:

Pheonix Mario
Flamethrower FLUDD Basically the same but with a flame thrower...
Star Spinning Mario Haven't even tried him out yet lol. I'm not sure if he'd balanced or not...
Super Assimilated Mario (SAM) Haven't tried this guy out either... not sure if he's balanced
Doctor Mario I don't think it uses PSA though. We'll have to wait and see.

Now I know alot of people like Pheonix Mario, but it is important to discuss the other options as well so that everything is considered.

I think we should allow another day (or two) for submissions then 2 days for voting. I'm almost positive that Pheonix Mario will win but it can't hurt to give the other's a sporting chance as well.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Sorry, I meant Doc. As in Doctor Mario.

I think we would all like to see him again.

And I personally don't really like any of the Mario movesets. But thats just my opinion.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I meant Doc. As in Doctor Mario.

I think we would all like to see him again.

And I personally don't really like any of the Mario movesets. But thats just my opinion.
I think there was a Doc PSA... I'll see if I can dig it up. Ah, here it is... But it's not PSA, just codes. We can do alot more with PSA now then when this original was made... We'll have to wait until the .pac is up. (I'm not talented/smart enough to do him myself)

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I'd normally vote on this, but i'm not gonna. My diea isn't reality yet :(

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
I'd normally vote on this, but i'm not gonna. My diea isn't reality yet :(
And what may I ask would your dream be?

Also, just reiterating, here is the current list of Mario PSA suggestions (well, the ones I've found anyway)

Pheonix Mario
Star Spinning Mario Haven't even tried him out yet lol. I'm not sure if he'd balanced or not...
Super Assimilated Mario (SAM) Haven't tried this guy out either... not sure if he's balanced

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix mario would be pretty bomb if it were balanced.
and if the DownB didnt have "moves character" checked

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
My Echo Blade Sheik is viable, though I balanced it for vBrawl. And Echo Blade Zelda should be done soon. ^-^

Two possible candidates, I hope? =P

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
And what may I ask would your dream be?

Also, just reiterating, here is the current list of Mario PSA suggestions (well, the ones I've found anyway)

Pheonix Mario
I slightly worked on a PSA for Doc, but i didnt do much (uet). It's in the newest video uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/user/NeonTogepi

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
My Echo Blade Sheik is viable, though I balanced it for vBrawl. And Echo Blade Zelda should be done soon. ^-^

Pocket those. We'll get to Zelda/Sheik over time. I like Echo Blade, because she reminds me of Psylocke... PSYLOCKE would be AWESOME! lol.

@Fusion Blastoise: Thanks so much for the help. I need it, as I won't be online everyday.

Okay, so we're choosing a Mario PSA, and right now we're stuck between Doc, Flamethrower FLUDD(which IMO could easily be incorporated with Phoenix Mario), and Phoenix Mario.

My personal vote is for Phoenix Mario, as a tribute to Phantom Wings for making this possible, and since Phoenix Mario was the first PSA to be made, hence his broken-esque moveset.(to my knowledge)

Can I get someone to start a poll like Shadic did for Doc vs. Phoenix Mario(with chargeable Flamethrower FLUDD)?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman

they actually work pretty well in Brawl +

Sheik is made alot more balanced by her super fast falling speeds and high gravity.. it gives her a high learning curve but pays off nicely when you get used to her

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
ToonLink: Geno/My Young Link (unfinished)
Lucario: Mew2
Marth: Roy
Jiggs: Wisp
Sonic: CC Shadow (3.0)
Mario: Phoenix Mario
Luigi: Mr. L

Top Bottom