• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ball: Does it make you or Break you?

WeeGeeSmash

Smash Apprentice
The Smash Ball was the highly "Godly" item that made Brawl fans craved up to get.

But after a year of having Brawl, here's a good question....

Does the Smash Ball make you or Break You? It might depend on who ya play with.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
On the rare occasion that I do play with items, it normally breaks me. I mean, I main Ganondorf... He's not the best at chasing stuff.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I think many competitive people occasionally play with items in their free time.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Competitively, it probably breaks you.
For fun, it probably makes you. I think.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
It generally breaks me due to my most frequent opponent maining Zelda and as I'm sure you know Din's Fire is very good at hitting the Smash Ball.

ook

Smash Lord
Usually makes me.

Most people I play with suck with items, so they're always like "OMG smash ball" and drop what they're doing to run after it and hit it first.

so I just wait for them to hit it a couple times, then jump up and crack it.

if only my main's final smash was better (DK) :(
it's not bad... but rarely KOs anyone

brinboy789

Smash Champion
on the rare occasion that i do use items, yes. double nair for MK = my smash ball, and MK is good at chasing stuff, and nair doesnt send it fall. win. although his FS is sucky :\

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I bet the Tierlist would be changed dramatically if it wasn't Tabuu to play with the Smashball on, set to like "Super Low" or something. :p

As for me personally? Any of my friends can tell you that I stop using Aura Sphere completely when the ball appears. I fight using just my a moves. And I save the Aura Storm for a Finishing Move. But usually, it helps me more than it hurts, since people rush after it and get smashes in the process.

finalark

SNORLAX
I can't say it makes me or breaks me because of my main. Yeah, it might get one or two KO's but it's not terrible because it's easy to set up.

Mashour2

Smash Apprentice
The smashball ALWAYS helps me because whenever it shows up, people are distracted by it.

Once, when I chose Snake,(all items on) a partyball fell and a BOOMBOX and the smashball came out. My opponent was like "OMGOMGOMG! SMASH BALLZ!" and I snuck a C4 under the boombox. When he was near it, I detonated my C4 and won the match.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
It breaks me....because I always get it and people don't want to play with me anymore =/

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It breaks me, because I only get it in 10% of all cases as I always have very bad luck with items. The Smashball always appears when I'm on my way of the Star KO, offstage or on the other side of the stage while my opponent is right next to it.

Smash Master
Ike doesn't mesh well with Smashball. It's hard to get and when you do he makes sure his FS gives his opponent's forever to DI properly.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Luckiest smasher here for smash balls. my opponent never hits them when he needs to and some how a projectile will hit it and it'll be mine.
it's ridicules

Nicole

Smash Champion
I rarely get the thing, but I play GW and Diddy - their final smashes aren't all that great. GW's is funny, at least. And items are fun to play with at times, loosen up.

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
Most of the time it just breaks me. I can't bother breaking it in time unless my opponent isn't chasing/attacking me, otherwise I rarely hit it.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
It depends on which character I'm playing. With Samus, I'm screwed either way when the Smash Ball shows up for two reasons:
1.) The opponent gets it.
2.) I can't use Zamus worth jip.
At most, all I can do is just try to survive.

But Samus is the only one that breaks me. With just about any other character it doesn't really hinder me.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Makes. Especially at high percentage, cause then one D-Air can break it, and at high damage it's usually an OHKO. On the increasingly rarer occasions I play with items (if I turn on items, the most that'll get turned on is the Smash Ball, Poke Ball, or Assist Trophies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If I'm ness, I usually become even godlier than the sonic who plays with items on in my area, either that or if I play as marth. Usually it breaks me a bit more often tho, because most of the chars FS I play with suck in the situation (like lucario's FS against someone with good jump ability to get nearly no damage from it.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
It breaks you mostly, because there's always that off chance that Link's FS will cancel, or that you'll SD yourself on the Landmaster because it slips through the cracks.

Top Bottom