• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Sliq

Smash Master
These hints are sooo ******** nowadays. You actually have to do this much research for it to figure it out... Uhhhh... -.-
Are you kidding? In order to solve this puzzle, you only need to search google and youtube.

Just because you don't have your GED doesn't mean we have to lower our standards.

So, wait, was there a significance with the TODay at the end?

GAAAH, I can't let all the remaining characters pass by without solving at least ONE of them!!!
Tod is the name of the Fox in the novel and Disney movie The Fox and the Hound. So, technically, this puzzle could've been solved by simply googling Tod then "character name." Fox is like the only character that makes any sort of sense. So, this could've been solved in like 2 seconds without any sort of advanced reasoning at all.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Are you kidding? In order to solve this puzzle, you only need to search google and youtube.

Just because you don't have your GED doesn't mean we have to lower our standards.
What did you have to search youtube for? I think I did it with only google and my love of Scrubs, except for my pointless Makoto Wario youtube find.

Tod is the name of the Fox in the novel and Disney movie The Fox and the Hound. So, technically, this puzzle could've been solved by simply googling Tod then "character name." Fox is like the only character that makes any sort of sense. So, this could've been solved in like 2 seconds without any sort of advanced reasoning at all.
You beated me to it.

Consolation prize for OS, since he's feeling unappreciated: Nom Nom

Happy Holidays!

Sliq

Smash Master
What did you have to search youtube for? I think I did it with only google and my love of Scrubs, except for my pointless Makoto Wario youtube find.

You beated me to it.

Consolation prize for OS, since he's feeling unappreciated: Nom Nom

Happy Holidays!
Well, if you searched youtube for Makoto and Street Fighter, the first result is one of J's matches, but you figured out it was J from the tutorial videos on the Makoto page. Also, if you search bink the Scrubs clip is the first result, also.

Bajef8

Smash Ace

so it's fox. i win.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Aah, this hint was pretty sneaky. Especially since there were multiple ways to figure it out, yet most of us could hardly find any of them... >_<

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
When did the updates go from once a week to one every 7 weeks?

sam4

Smash Cadet
Lol be patient... maybe a New Year's gift? :D ???

By the way, I had this question earlier, but it was completely ignored: are the past hints archived in any way so that people who are interested in figuring them out for themselves can look at them?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
It's not fair to ask one to be patient when one has been patient long enough.

Didn't we think this next reveal would be revealed by Christmas? I'm not even going to assume it'll be done by NYE/NYD.

sam4

Smash Cadet
WolfCypher said:
It's not fair to ask one to be patient when one has been patient long enough.
Eh. Everyone's different, I find things to do in my spare time. Oh well, bite me for not knowing how long it's been since the last discussion. :p

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Why is this taking so long?
I'm assuming that with finals and the holidays, the discussion about Fox from the SBR has been minimal. Most of them probably had quite a bit of traveling to do, in addition to spending time with friends and family. They don't want to shaft a character's community by putting out a crappy weekly discussion with nothing useful in it...that's resulted in some pretty intense QQ'ing in the past.

Relax, it's going to come sooner or later. I've generally been impressed with these discussions, they're doing a positive thing for the whole community, and getting nothing in return but QQ's and general negativity. Cut 'em some slack.

(Not directed specifically at Riko, just at everyone posting worthless stuff like "Y thar no talk bout da Fox yet?". It's seriously really spammy and annoying.)

Lol be patient... maybe a New Year's gift? :D ???

By the way, I had this question earlier, but it was completely ignored: are the past hints archived in any way so that people who are interested in figuring them out for themselves can look at them?
Unfortunately, as far as I know the hints aren't archived. If anyone would know, it's SamuraiPanda. Overswarm did a couple of hints involving website puzzles, you could ask him if they're still around. Otherwise, I think you might be outta luck. :( Sorry.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
If you want some of the more recent ones, you can go to the character specific discussion thread. Sometimes the admin will post about his hint, or tell how you were supposed to solve it. Of course, reading that might ruin the idea of "solving it by yourself" as you said, but if you are looking for some recent ones for friends you should look at the thread posted by the summary.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
What if we're viewing 40/page?
:p
Then it's post # 13050, or what I'm quoting below. Spoiler alert!

I'm tired of this nonsense, and I've already been PM'd by several people asking for the answer, so I'm going to post the answer to the puzzle to save myself some effort. I'll post it in spoiler format so you can figure it out for yourself if you want. And no, Sliq didn't tell me himself, but once you hear the answer and reasoning, there's little doubt as to who it is.

The first hint is that a Makoto guide is the exact hint with some things replaced. The thing to learn from the guide is that "J" is one of the best Makoto players in Japan, so just remember that J is important.

If you start looking around and googling for J and all of the characters remaining (e.g. J Wario, J Ness, etc.), you'll find Michael J. Fox. That's one way to solve the puzzle. I found this early on, but didn't think it would be that easy.

Another way is to use the hints that Sliq started to give out yesterday. "Bink" (Sliq's first hint) is a word used over and over in Season 3, Episode 13 of Scrubs, which is written by Bill Lawrence (Sliq's second hint). There is a guest doctor in that episode, who is played by Michael J. Fox.

It's Fox.

Should be revealing it soon anyway, but there you go.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I was just kidding you, I already saw the spoiler XD Just decided to inject some more fun (i.e. spam) into this thread while we're waiting...

Top Bottom