• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
That first point is some cool info. If it's legit, thanks, now I have something to KO him with. (I main Sheik, I can just transform.)

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Zelda beats Dedede because her Ballroom Kick is almost a guarenteed tipper.
Her Din's Fire is highly spammable and powerful.
Her Smashes and Tilts are powerful, strike behind and in front of her as well, and are instant.
I'm also going to jump on the Zelda/TL for #11 bandwagon.
yeah, pretty much. He's so big that if you are close to him a SH bair or fair is almost a sure sweetspot and kills him at 100% instead of his typical 140-infinite%

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
It's definitely Zelda.

The hint even shows that Ankoku helped create the SBR character summary that will be posted. Ankoku plays Sheik, and he knows his stuff.

It's gotta be Zelda!

(Though I don't quite understand the "watch out Dedede" part. Does Zelda do well against DDD? Lol, I'm not quite sure. TL would definitely fit that clue, but not the "surprisingly good KO potential" part. TL's KO potential is marginally good.)
Hey you've got the grimer icon which means you're in the Back Room! So obviously you're trying to trick us by saying it's zelda!

Can't you just tell us lol?

EDIT: I quoted the wrong person :S

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Relax guys (even though I am impatient, but im always like that). Quite a few times before, they've revealed chars within less than a week, so this balances out at least a little.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
I think the #11 is going to be Sheik.

She has a awesome close range game with F-Tilt, U-Tilt, and D-Smash, and has a decent ability to KO (Vanish, gimping with aerials and tether) other people despite having a majority of her kill moves in Melee nerfed in terms of knockback. Needle storm provides Sheik with a nice long range game, allowing her to rack up quick damage and pressure enemies to approach. I find Sheik to have a lot of potential (being my main), but hasn't been holding up too well in tournaments if you look at Ankoku's updated Character Ranking list. Sheik doesn't have too many glaring weaknesses and they can be overlooked by her flexible recovery options, and the ability to F-Tilt lock and out maneuver a good deal of characters.

In terms of matchups, I find Sheik to excel in a number of match ups (especially characters like DeDeDe, Fox, Ganondorf), but has trouble against a variety of foes like Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, and Olimar due to their size, weight, and priority. Sheik definitely needs to work to win the tougher match ups.

Go Sheik!!

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
I think the #11 is going to be Sheik.

She has a awesome close range game with F-Tilt, U-Tilt, and D-Smash, and has a decent ability to KO (Vanish, gimping with aerials and tether) other people despite having a majority of her kill moves in Melee nerfed in terms of knockback. Needle storm provides Sheik with a nice long range game, allowing her to rack up quick damage and pressure enemies to approach. I find Sheik to have a lot of potential (being my main), but hasn't been holding up too well in tournaments if you look at Ankoku's updated Character Ranking list. Sheik doesn't have too many glaring weaknesses and they can be overlooked by her flexible recovery options, and the ability to F-Tilt lock and out maneuver a good deal of characters.

In terms of matchups, I find Sheik to excel in a number of match ups (especially characters like DeDeDe, Fox, Ganondorf), but has trouble against a variety of foes like Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, and Olimar due to their size, weight, and priority. Sheik definitely needs to work to win the tougher match ups.

Go Sheik!!
The only thing that sheik doesn't exactly fit with is the potential part. Don't get me wrong she does have alot of potential, it's just that when Brawl was released alot of people claimed she wasn't that great(some even claming she was low tier lol) and very few people felt she would be able to do well in tourneys.

Other than that part it could very will be sheik, but toon link is still the best contender.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
It's DEFINITELY Donkey Kong OR Jigglypuff OR Captain Falcon!!!

Edit: And again, i ask, what's with this 10XXXX thing? I don't get where the joke came from or how it's a joke. :(

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
It's DEFINITELY Donkey Kong OR Jigglypuff OR Captain Falcon!!!

Edit: And again, i ask, what's with this 10XXXX thing? I don't get where the joke came from or how it's a joke. :(
The message has to be 10 characters long. I believe the original was "10char" for "10 characters." It's evolved from that to be stupid or reflect the attitude of the post.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
It's not a joke it is serious business.

Well SWF doesn't allow you to post less than 10 characters (char{s} [I found out that it doesn't stand for Charizards] <parenthesis overload>). I just change it up, ex. someone lies (read: Godly Jiggly in Gen Brawl) I would do something like 10lies or w/e.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
OK, thanks a lot you guys! :)

And at first i thought it meant char as in characters, like playable characters in the roster. and u mean the 10char is serious business?

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
The minimum amount characters in any post in this board is 10. The phrase "10char" is a free 6 characters to fill in otherwise short posts. Since then, people have been embellishing 10char into stuff like the pun "10charizards" and the more recent little jab at Brawl "10landmasters."

People also like to post this little blurb even when it isn't necessary to fill in their post to meet the minimum. Welcome to the internet. Pointless little things like this live here.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't guess these anymore :(.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Sorry for yet another delay, people, but the SBR has been quite busy recently. We're currently knee-deep in threads as we're working on the official ruleset. I'm not exactly sure when Lee plans on writing the summary, but as soon as he does I'll do the update. Until then, please try to be patient.

Also, because ya'll been waiting quite awhile, here is the identity of character #11:
Toon Link FTW.

Top Bottom