• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

keeper

Smash Champion
Well I don't like it, so I'm picking this back up again. Next character discussion starts next week, and then it's going to be weekly again.

Now I just have to think of what character to do...

That's awesome to hear. It used to be one of my major incentives to check this forum ever Tuesday and read the write-up, then skitter around other threads. Now I check it daily like a small child waiting at a window, haha.

Good TL write-up, seeing as how there's a TL in my state. I'll keep that stuff in mind.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
wow we have done 11 out of what.....39 or less depending on how you want to count it and 3 out of the 5/4 (depends on how you want to count it) LoZ characters have already been chosen.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
It's totally gunna be Sonic. I mean really, how could it not be.

Well I mean it COULD technically be any one of 25 other characters, but it's so gunna be Sonic. I mean yeah...

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
toon link really is beastly. all of his options are good too.

i think the next character should be kirby. because he doesnt have many mainers and he has a lot of potential.

good recovery, can copy spamming attacks like lasers and such, has awesome ko moves in the air and on the ground and has some good combos and chaingrabs. he should be discussed so we can reveal his potential.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I came to this thread hoping to be the first that suggested a character...

Lol, yea right.

But, I guess I have the chance of anyone else...

DO WARIO. He has been from the worst, to medium, some people think he is even high tier! We don't know where to go with him! So your review would certainly help us out, please Mr. Overswarm.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
toon link really is beastly. all of his options are good too.

i think the next character should be kirby. because he doesnt have many mainers and he has a lot of potential.

good recovery, can copy spamming attacks like lasers and such, has awesome ko moves in the air and on the ground and has some good combos and chaingrabs. he should be discussed so we can reveal his potential.
Kirby has a chaingrab? i dont think so :)

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Kirby has a chaingrab? i dont think so :)
Actually, against some characaters (Spacies, Sheik, Cap Falcon, Ganon), Kirby can use Forward Throw and immediately Up-Air (as it jumps him into the air a little). At low percentages, this does not knock your opponent back, it simply stuns him for long enough to get another grab. I think you can get three grabs off this way from 0, and with pummeling and the upair damage, it's a fairly hefty percentage they end up at.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Actually, against some characaters (Spacies, Sheik, Cap Falcon, Ganon), Kirby can use Forward Throw and immediately Up-Air (as it jumps him into the air a little). At low percentages, this does not knock your opponent back, it simply stuns him for long enough to get another grab. I think you can get three grabs off this way from 0, and with pummeling and the upair damage, it's a fairly hefty percentage they end up at.
Actually it's f-throw, u-air, f-throw, u-air, f-smash. If non staled, this does 51%.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hint for #12 be up. LeeHarris made the thread again this time. I've tried a different approach for this hint, and there are tons of subtle parts too it that lead to the correct answer. Hopefully this isn't too hard, but we'll see. I haven't been happy with how many people could easily guess the last 3-4 hints, but this is harder than it seems :/

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
"this character can KO without much of a problem. In the future, this character could very easily rise in the tiers and tournament rankings if more players learn how to use the character well."

Obviously Kirby.

Kirbycide FTW! xD

cutter

Smash Champion
Sounds like the Ice Climbers to me:

This character may be doomed to mid tier because despite all the incredible strengths and abilities that this character possesses,
ICs are doubles, have disjointed hitboxes thanks to their hammers, and have very damaging moves. However, ICs haven't exactly proven they are high tier yet.

the character is lacking any sort of approach game, and the character's air game, which seems great on the surface, is actually severely lacking. Although, if the player can use this character well, these flaws may not actually be too much of a disadvantage because this character can KO without much of a problem.
ICs' projectile is alright, and they don't seem to have too many good ways to approach. ICs have very good smashes that can KO quite easily, especially when you still have Nana.

In the future, this character could very easily rise in the tiers and tournament rankings if more players learn how to use the character well.
Hylian has shown that you CAN win with the ICs. I love watching him pilot the duo. :)

Also, there are some unusual strategies that are not often used can be taken to balance this character's weaknesses, although very few people who use this character use these strategies as they are difficult to do in a real match, and require quite a bit of skill.
ICs have all sorts of chaingrabs that can easily let them catch up in a match or take an easy stock which mitigates a lot of their weaknesses. The chaingrabs are insanely difficult to pull off, and they require tons of practice on each character (timing is different on each character) to successfully pull them off.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
C. Falcon definitively no, he can't grow up too much.

I agree with cutter's theory, the char may be Ices.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Yea, i knew about this, i didnt think you call it a chaingrab though since it's more then grabs. I just call it pure kirby ownage.

edit: Wahoo.... it's so kirby next week. :)

kal2000

Smash Rookie
I hope it's ICs. They certainly have lots of strengths and difficult/interesting ways to use them (i.e. dsynching). Their approach game is also kind of weak. As for killing, I'm not so sure, but with grab, fsmash, usmash, bair, fair, up b, and uair all good killers, with dmash and ftilt not bad, I'd say ICs have decent killing ability.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
I thought it was Lucario for a second, but really no chance, his air game is NOT severely lacking, and he does have problems KOing.

Its looking to be IC's nicely. The major hint is that the char has difficult tachniques to use in a real match.

Top Bottom