• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

mimic_king

Smash Lord
the first four letters can be arranged as PLUK. olimar plucks, but OS said that all we need is the hint. no outside thinking.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1) You included a double negative. It cancels itself out.

Reread plzkthx

2) Why do we continue to make new technology when we know the Large Hadron Collider will destroy the world? Same reason as why we try solving riddles: because we can.

Hydron Collider is for the lulz...
I guess you can assume that this is the same thing then, eh?

-----

For the sake of being on topic:

I'm gonna guess Sonic every week until I get it right...

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Figured I would throw my very lazy "omg im eating chips and have nothing to do for an hr, let me spend five minutes makin a lousy guess and then find some real food for 55 minutes" guess into the mix. Just lazily referring to the bands those songs are from:

Panic!
Keane
Lostprophets
Used
Verve
Audioslave

PK LUVA, who loves PK? hahaha god I'm dumb....
Well, just think. Ness speaks some pretty broken English, so someone could interpret PK Thunder or Fire as LUVA...

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Wait: The "trying to wash our hands of all this" = scrub thing is too good though. We're either looking for a particular scrub, or just a thread full of scrubs, which would fit the pluralization of this line better. Hummm....
hmm...You're looking at most of Brawl tactical, lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's Olimar. Each of the individual lines refer to a different color of Pikmin. :olimar:
This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...
Don't think you can just do this alone, you have to work together on this one. And even if you decipher it, you may not know what to do with it. I'd suggest you look to your other members for help.
lol you silly people.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

This sounds a bit like it could be the first few posts of a character forum, romanticized.

Well, here goes nothing.

This was a therapeutic chain of events. - A therapeutic chain is a.... I don't know, "Time Heals all Wounds?"
Guess I’m not the fighting kind. - I guess I'm not a kind fighter
...Will we always say we tried? - Will we always lie to ourselves?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance... - chemical romance - science romance - scifi. "I don't doubt scifi"
We tried to wash our hands of all of this... - scrub is good
Doors inside my head, bolted from within... - hmmm, its a stretch, but bolted means jostled or escaped...

So can anyone add this up?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
wow.
this whole writing the hint thing in every 5 posts is very annoying. =/

edit:
Wario or Peach. take your pick.
I say Peach

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
this poem is specifically relating to all the aspects of mother 3 story, lucas's game, so trust me its lucas, it makes sense in every way

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ nowai, there's not enough characters left for that, and these tricky puzzle-hints are totally interesting and awesome! gg Panda.

Does noone else think this hint refers to a thread on SWF?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's obvious we shouldn't be making those line by line analyzations. STOP MAKING them.

Maybe we should figure out what exactly was the first part that has been solved already?

I don't believe it's a character forum since that wasn't mentioned when that guy (sorry I forgot your name) posted that the first part (whatever that is) was solved. Look at all the posts b/t that post and the announcement of the hint and one of those will lead to some answer.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Watch the SSE scene: The Two Captains. This hint really depicts Olimar. It says WE and I'm not sure if they will do the Pokemon(Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur) separately or together, so it is most likely to the Pikmin & Olimar.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The "beautiful" and "Don't think you can just do this alone, you have to work together on this one. And even if you decipher it, you may not know what to do with it. I'd suggest you look to your other members for help." are obviously extra hints.

And like I said before, the last one refers to Olimar and the Pikmins (IMO)..and they are beautiful...because they are flowers? =\

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Here's a thought...

Does this have anything to do with Fox and Krystal? Just a random brain fart...

peeup

Smash Lord
There are alot of ideas that say that its PT, but somebody earlier (I don't know who or when) said that samurai panda said that he was going to do each one separately. Other than that, I've seen 3 good ideas: Olimar, Lucas, and Mario. Lucas has been the most flawless so far, though.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Since I don't really give a **** what the answers to these hints are anymore, I'm just going to muddy up the water.

All of the songs referenced in the hint can be construed to be about suicide on the part of someone. There is only one character left who can suicide KO.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Don't think you can just do this alone, you have to work together on this one. And even if you deCIPHER it, you may not know what to do with it. I'd suggest you look to your other members for help.
This was AETHERapeutic chain of events...

Hmm...

EDIT: GuesSIMNAt the fighting kind...
And I’ve loSTALL doubt in a chemical romance...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll help you guys out, even for the people that COULD be helping out in this thread that aren't posting! It'll take all your brainpower to do this, so you guys really need to play off each other but not subscribe to just what you "feel". Find answers!

Someone has solved the first part of the riddle already; you just have to figure out what that is and where it sends you.

Panda is the most trustworthy of us all.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Aaaaah I just want to say Lucas so bad. All of thee mentions of love, fear, and minds is just throughing my train of thought off.

I can think of a few things that fit Olimar except for the 4th and 5th line.

nightSN

Smash Ace
wait a minute o.o something just hit my mind. the hint kind of reminds me of the end of metroid vs halo, i have a feeling its zamus now. LOL

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm sick of reading the same thing over and over again.

OS is right by the way.

Oh and here is a big hint:

The lyrics have nothing to do with the character.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
^^ nowai, there's not enough characters left for that, and these tricky puzzle-hints are totally interesting and awesome! gg Panda.

Does noone else think this hint refers to a thread on SWF?
I agree, it sounds a lot like a help thread. There's been a lot of those though. I'm gonna start looking into them.

edit: SP made the "Most Important..." thread, so maybe that's a good place to start?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
._.
Hylian man.
He said to discredit your posts or whatever, and now your saying hes right.
wtf.
ahh whatever

Someone stated something before about all the different lyrics being like Wario games or something.
Maybe its that. >_>

infomon

Smash Scientist
The hint is not going to require advanced knowledge of some game like Metroid or Earthbound. It will be something we are all capable of figuring out, not just the few that have played these games. The only hints that have required game-specific knowledge were classics everyone should know something about, and also had their games in Brawl's Masterpieces.

I wish people would actually listen to Panda and OS and start helping with working out the actual hint, rather than giving up and throwing out random guesses. If you guess at random there's no achievement for getting it right, ya know :/

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I figure it leads us to the next hint in the chain. It's just annoying to siphon through all the posts.

You've said that Panda's hints are all we need the entire way but his posts are few and far between and it's a ***** going through all the posts to try and figure this out.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I wish people would actually listen to Panda and OS and start helping with working out the actual hint, rather than giving up and throwing out random guesses. If you guess at random there's no achievement for getting it right, ya know :/
That's been happening since the last 30 pages and it won't stop. If we could get rid of all those useless random guessing posts, we could actually have a better chance at figuring this out.

Edit-Was the person who found out the first part of the hint been found? I'm too lazy to look through all these pages.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The hint is not going to require advanced knowledge of some game like Metroid or Earthbound. It will be something we are all capable of figuring out, not just the few that have played these games. The only hints that have required game-specific knowledge were classics everyone should know something about, and also had their games in Brawl's Masterpieces.

Contradiction duuuuuuuude.

What if he meant help each other out by using our combined knowledge of games, like Metroid or Earthbound, to solve the hint? Individually, it isn't something we would all be able to figure out, but all together, we can brainstorm and figure out the right answer.

Anyways:

Guys guys GUYS.

What's 1 + 1?

Do you just throw out random numbers to find the answer? -_^

Follow the bread crumbs.

Wait...

Follow the bread crumbs...

...I think there may be a meaning to that.

Oh hey what are these little dots I'm leaving behind...

...Wait, what did I just say. : O
I guess its about time I explain my theory for the people who didn't catch my sarcasm. *cough*everyone*cough*

OS is hinting that we need to follow a trail in order to lead us to figuring out who the character is. In other words, there are actually hints that will lead us to the real hint. In other other words, the 6 lines Panda posted are not the actual hint. And basing your answer off of those lines would be incorrect.

What you need to do is use the "current" hint as a hint to find the real hint...

...But how do you do that, you ask?

...Well, I'm showing you right now.

Breadcrumbs.
Little pieces, little dots, one could say, that are left in a trail to lead us somewhere...Look at the hint. This has been said countless times before, but look at the dots trailing behind and in front of the hint. Dots? Breadcrumbs? What we need to do is follow those lyrics to the real hint. And I feel a little redundant repeating myself (and the words of others) like this, but its only because people have been throwing this answer off as just another theory.

However, it is the only theory that makes logical sense. Riddle me this: why would Panda put ellipsis at the end of each line? Why would he put those ellipsis before one of the lines, but after for all the rest? It makes little sense, unless it was placed purposefully to lead us to the real hint. (Or its just a mindgame) Comments from the SBR prove this.

Follow the breadcrumbs.

None of you are finished yet.

All point to the fact that we still have somewhere to go before we can actually start solving the hint.

So get to following them breadcrumbs, people.

------

Btw, is everyone sure that those lyrics could not possibly come from another song? That those are the only songs that have those lyrics?
I love how this was almost completely ignored.

I'll start reposting this stuff incessently unless someone can tell me why the hell Panda put ellipsis in his hint. Excluding mindgames. Cause seriously, I got nothin', other than the reasoning above.

And if no one else can think of another reason...why are we still analyzing the original lyrics? Let's get cracking on deciphering the lyrics that lead from the elipsis! (or something else, if Hylian is to be believed).

And here they are :

This is the scent of dead skin on a linoleum floor

Where will I meet my fate?

Will we make a mark this time?

I can't stop itching at the thoughts of tarnished hope

And how we're guilt stricken sobbin' with our heads on the floor

Every drop of flame lights a candle in memory of the one who lived inside my skin

Top Bottom