• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
For some strange reason, I'm thinking Fox all of the sudden. I'm most likely wrong, but there's something about him that makes it feel like it's him.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Odd how Hylian mentioned steps and "stairway to heaven", and how we're being given the "moon."

Step 1: Super Mario Sunshine, FLUDD's point of view?

EDIT: What does !: mean?

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
This was a therapeutic chain of events...
According to the dictionary, therapeutic means relating to treatment of disease or disorders by various medical people. It also means the desire or relative desire of medical drugs, which seemed interesting. It seems to me like chain of events could be referring to the character weeks, and SBR desiring medical treatment because our horrible guessing disabled their minds, (:laugh:) but I don't want to start making assumptions, thats whats stopped us from figuring anything out.

Odd how Hylian mentioned steps and "stairway to heaven", and how we're being given the "moon."

Step 1: Super Mario Sunshine, FLUDD's point of view?

EDIT: What does !: mean?
No, please. I need help with this. They are 6 separate hints. We need to work on them in order. Help me with the first one.

M@v

Subarashii!
closing your eyes and using the force != solving this hint :\
Lucas closes his eyes when he does a lot of his energy attacks O_O. But odd you use a star wars reference. As for those who think fox...Only I can see it, as I mentioned, is the hint referring to star fox commands story. But I doubt it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
!= is used to denote "does not equal". It comes from many programming languages, where ! is often used as the "not" (negation) symbol. Just fyi.

If we've solved the first step of the hint somewhere, I'd guess it's that the trailing three lines each use a metaphor/figure of speech. That has to be relevant somehow, IMO.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I need someone to help me with this first one.

Therapeutic = To attend, treat / of or realting to the medical disease or disorders by remedial agents or methods / a measure of the relative desirability of a drug or the attaining of a particular end that is usually expressed as the ratio of the largest dose producing no toxic symptoms to the smallest dose routinely producing cures

Need help from there.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
!= is used to denote "does not equal". It comes from many programming languages, where ! is often used as the "not" (negation) symbol. Just fyi.

If we've solved the first step of the hint somewhere, I'd guess it's that the trailing three lines each use a metaphor/figure of speech. That has to be relevant somehow, IMO.
No... its six separate hints. Someone help me with the first one:(

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I need someone to help me with this first one.

Therapeutic = To attend, treat / of or realting to the medical disease or disorders by remedial agents or methods / a measure of the relative desirability of a drug or the attaining of a particular end that is usually expressed as the ratio of the largest dose producing no toxic symptoms to the smallest dose routinely producing cures

Need help from there.
I'd have to say it was a traumatic or struggling chain of events. Referring to what I don't know yet. I guess I'll move on.

Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
Looking at it separately from the others, this appears as a major hint to pokemon trainer and Jigglypuff (not fighting kind...) it could also mean the character is more docile and peaceful. Kind could also mean "race" so it could be a race that isn't made to fight.

infomon

Smash Scientist
No... its six separate hints. Someone help me with the first one:(
I'm not convinced. The lines are all taken from songs about deep regret and suicide (at least implications of it). He took a line from each to make his own little emo poem.... although admittedly it's not very self-consistent... hummm

But still I think the idea of taking bits of songs to make something new is like rehashing minigames to make a new game. Which could be WarioWare, or alternatively a party game like Mario Party, or the trash minigame in Sonic and the Secret Rings :/

Meh, you might be right. If each line is a hint, I'd guess they each point to a specific game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Well, start with FLUDD. FLUDD was developed by E. Gadd, who also developed Luigi's vaccuum. Luigi's actions could also be considered "therapeutic" towards the house, and he isn't the fighting type himself.

The real question that should be raised is how these events link into possibly a therapeutic chain - for it is more likely that the process to the solution is a chain than the character described. this one gives me a headache, but I notice some similarities to the computer in Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, namely, that the last part of the hint literally corresponds with the computer, and the part about the "chemical romance" actually happened. The computer is also conveniently on the moon.

That supports Peach well, but the chain is making it tough to be sure of any such answer.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
one thing i learned from smash, whenever you're not sure what to do, just dsmash and react to whatever happens

/dsmash

also, its a pain in the *** when you realize that you got it right a long time ago, but you're not sure when you got it right. multipart hints ftl

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
...Will we always say we tried?

What about the third one? I don't have much for this. I thought occured to me that it could be from the person Jigglypuff is putting to sleeps perspective. But then it couldn't be Jigglypuff saying "guess I'm not the fighting kind". I don't know. But I need to figure out what this third one means.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

What about the third one? I don't have much for this.
well,to help you out with the word therapeutic...

it has the root word "therapy." Hmmmmmm...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's Olimar. Each of the individual lines refer to a different color of Pikmin. :olimar:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's Olimar. Each of the individual lines refer to a different color of Pikmin. :olimar:
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Hm. You know, that makes sense. How does the white one work? Purple for fighting, red for fire (chemicals), blue for water (wash), yellow for lightning (bolt)... a chain in the first line. Is there any ordering to the pikmin that would go that way?

If not, I'd guess it's got to be the next/previous lines, as indicated by the ellipsis. Follow the breadcrumbs.

On the other hand, I looked at the lines that go there, and I got nothin'. Maybe someone else can do better.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
This was a therapeutic chain of events:

Guess: I’m not the fighting kind.
Will we always say we tried? /sarcasm/
I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance.
We tried to wash our hands of all of this.
(I made) Doors inside my head, (and) bolted from within.

EDIT: Feel free to mess with the punctuation!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
This was a therapeutic chain of events:

Guess: I’m not the fighting kind.
Will we always say we tried? /sarcasm/
I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance.
We tried to wash our hands of all of this.
(I made) Doors inside my head, (and) bolted from within.

EDIT: Feel free to mess with the punctuation!
Hmm..they said we didn't have to over analyze it.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Here are the hints (I think) we have to work with:

1) The narrator somehow involved with a therapeutic (which could mean drugs/chemicals) chain reaction or sequence of events.

2) The narrator is either not the fighting type (of pokemon), not a very violent person or a peaceful person, or not a fighting kind of race.

3) The narrator is involved with something (chemicals/drugs maybe? that keeps coming up) that has tried to stop and failed, or a mission that could not be accomplished.

4) The narrator is addcited to drugs/chemicals and has lost doubt that a chemcial romance can exist, or fully supports them.

5) The narrator is a plural, or is talking about itself and for someone else, that tried to redeem themselves or forget something

6) The narrator can't remember something it needs/wants to know, wants to discover something it needs/wants to know, or has limitations it cannot overcome.

The narrator matches all of these criteria. Note: the narrator not the character, though the character may be the narartor.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Don't think you can just do this alone, you have to work together on this one. And even if you decipher it, you may not know what to do with it. I'd suggest you look to your other members for help.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Don't think you can just do this alone, you have to work together on this one. And even if you decipher it, you may not know what to do with it. I'd suggest you look to your other members for help.
Olimar cannot fight without his members (Pikmin). Even if you pluck them off the ground, you need a strategy to win by combining their abilities. Using every Pikmin is a good advice.

:confused:

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
1) The speaker somehow involved with a therapeutic (which could mean drugs/chemicals) chain reaction or sequence of events.

2) The speaker is either not the fighting type (of pokemon), not a very violent person or a peaceful person, or not a fighting kind of race.

3) The speaker is involved with something (chemicals/drugs maybe? that keeps coming up) that has tried to stop and failed, or a mission that could not be accomplished.

4) The speaker is addcited to drugs/chemicals and has lost doubt that a chemcial romance can exist, or fully supports them.

5) The speaker is a plural, or is talking about itself and for someone else, that tried to redeem themselves or forget something

6) The speaker can't remember something it needs/wants to know, wants to discover something it needs/wants to know, or has limitations it cannot overcome.

I'm going to try applying random people to my criteria and see if I come up with anything.

Pikmin speaker:

1) Doesn't really match all that well, unless its describing a boss battle and when Olimar uses spray on his pikmin.

2) Fits perfect

3) Maybe describing a boss battle where Olimar used spray on the pimin and the pikmin lost

4) Pikmin feel pretty certain the spray helped them

5) The Pikmin are plural, maybe its from the perspective of only one pikmin left who's the narrator and he mourns for his lost comrades.

6) He is limited on his own without his fallen comrades:( poor pikmin:( Or he just wishes he could lead better than Olimar

Yaaaaaa that probably isn't it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yes, I know that. But are you assuming that one of the characters is "reciting" these words?

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
1) The speaker somehow involved with a therapeutic (which could mean drugs/chemicals) chain reaction or sequence of events.

2) The speaker is either not the fighting type (of pokemon), not a very violent person or a peaceful person, or not a fighting kind of race.

3) The speaker is involved with something (chemicals/drugs maybe? that keeps coming up) that has tried to stop and failed, or a mission that could not be accomplished, or always tries their best.

4) The speaker is addcited to drugs/chemicals and has lost doubt that a chemcial romance can exist, or fully supports them.

5) The speaker is a plural, or is talking about itself and for someone else, that tried to redeem themselves or forget something

6) The speaker can't remember something it needs/wants to know, wants to discover something it needs/wants to know, or has limitations it cannot overcome.

Pokemon (Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard) Speaker:

1) The potions/stat ups like someone said earlier could be their therapeutic chain reaction, or maybe their at a PokeCenter.

2) Their not a fighting type

3) They work together and always try their best?

4) Potions/Stat Ups again

5) There are three of them working as a team. Dunno what they want to redeem though.

6) They are limited unless they work together?

Top Bottom