• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
You have one hint. Figure it out. :(
I just thought i would point this out for frogsterking. OS said that this is one hint not many small ones. they even gave the analagoy that we are looking at the moon (whole hint) with a microscpoe (the 6 parts)

I also have a question for the SBR people. if you were to give us the char, how easy would it be to sea how the hint fits?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Let me take a crack at it. It's Pokemon Trainer.

This was a therapeutic chain of events...

It was a sequence of events. This sequence is the sequence of first choosing your first Pokemon, catching them in the wild, fighting trainers, earning badges, then beating the Elite 4.

Guess I’m not the fighting kind...

Pokemon Trainer NEVER fights. The Pokemon do.

...Will we always say we tried?

They tried to battle and beat the opponent as a team. Never giving up. However, they lost.

And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...

Referring to potions and other manmade items used for Pokemon, either for healing or curing.

We tried to wash our hands of all of this...

Tried to make it right by challenging the opponent to a rematch in an attempt to beat him.

Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

Pokeball. It's referring to a Pokemon inside a Pokeball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably not right, but I tried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: It seems that Frog said this before me. Ah, well. I clarified a few parts.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I know that. But are you assuming that one of the characters is "reciting" these words?
Yes. But it could be the SBR though, so I'll try them. I'll also try Jigglypuff.

1) The speaker somehow involved with a therapeutic (which could mean drugs/chemicals) chain reaction or sequence of events.

2) The speaker is either not the fighting type (of pokemon), not a very violent person or a peaceful person, or not a fighting kind of race.

3) The speaker is involved with something (chemicals/drugs maybe? that keeps coming up) that has tried to stop and failed, or a mission that could not be accomplished, or always tries their best.

4) The speaker is addcited to drugs/chemicals and has lost doubt that a chemcial romance can exist, or fully supports them.

5) The speaker is a plural, or is talking about itself and for someone else, that tried to redeem themselves or forget something

6) The speaker can't remember something it needs/wants to know, wants to discover something it needs/wants to know, or has limitations it cannot overcome.

The speaker is SBR:

1) The chain of events could definately refer to this, maybe therpeutic somehow means they need therapy after reading all our bad guesses.

2) They don't fight themselves...but one would wonder way they play a fighting game if they're such peaceful people.

3) They tried to give us a clue but its failing?

4) The SBR are addicted to drugs?

5) They tried to redeem themselves because of the bad clue we got last week?

6) They want US to overcome our limitations and figure out the clue!

The speaker is Jigglypuff/person Jiggly is putting to sleep:

1) Potions/Stat Ups again. Person is being put to sleep, somewhat medicated.

2) She's not a fighting type, and Jigglies in general are really not fighters. The person she's putting to sleep is convincing itself its not a fighter, and should stop trying to overcome sleep.

3) Jiggly is addicted to making people fall asleep. The thing being put to sleep cannot stop itself from falling asleep.

4) Potions/Stat Ups again. Dunno for person being put to sleep.

5) Jiggly I don't know. Person falling asleep will redeem themselves for succumbing to sleep.

6) Jiggly I don't know. Person falling asleep doesn't want to be falling asleep and would like to know how to stop or overcome it.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Ok,

So I really, really think we need to step away from this hint for awhile.

The SBR is not going to give a hint that can simply be found thru de-coding. Taking the name's of the songs and anagraming the first letters of the titles together is something everybody can do, it takes 2 minutes of work on the internet, if they wanted us to know the name and band they would have told us in the original hint.

Now there has to be a reason that panda chose these six lines and place them into a poem.

Now we all need to remeber highschool poetry.

This hint can be one of two things.

1) The Speaker could be describing a character
OR
2) The character can be the speaker of the poem.
OR
3) The Speaker is FLUDD and THC figured it out already.

Personally i believe it is the second reason because all the lines are said from the first perspective.

Now, i am going to guess Luigi.

Luigi could easily have written this poem.

So if we look at the poem as a whole, and not try to analyze it line for line.
The poem is obviously depressing, and seems to be about a character who is having mental troubles and is upset.

Its something to think about, but personally, bet Luigi.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
the three little dots seemed like a good idea but whatever just go on analysing the hint word by word like you were told not too...

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
the three little dots seemed like a good idea but whatever just go on analysing the hint word by word like you were told not too...
I just thought i would point this out for frogsterking. OS said that this is one hint not many small ones. they even gave the analagoy that we are looking at the moon (whole hint) with a microscpoe (the 6 parts)
Ugh your right. I'll try to see what they mean as a whole...

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
It's Luigi! C'mon! Look at what he's saying! He's in the shadow of his brother all the time, so he's a bit down on himself, as shown like, EVERYWHERE!

Luigi, fo sho. 'Bout time they did one on the green machine!

Nicole

Smash Champion

Just looking at the various usages of 'we' and 'I' it has to be a Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, or Fox. Seems like there's a leader speaking the words, but speaking them about how he and his "team" have had their emo troubles.

And notice the middle line "...Will we always say we tried" That is the only line where the ... is before the phrase, not after. I don't really know what to make of it, but it's probably there for a reason.

Fox really seems right to me for some reason.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
I've got the first part of it already.

I know it's right b/c OS said one person had already gotten the first step not long after I wrote my guess and when you guys started going back to analyzing it line by line.

This is it:

In the poem, Panda is the "I," the Backroom is the "we," and the "therapeutic chain of events" is the weekly discussion thread.

A chemical romance is also a one-sided relationship in which one party uses the other. I think the whole poem is about how Panda feels about the hint-making process.

How this ties into the fact that those are song lyrics (which might have just been misinformation) and what the doors in his mind are, I don't know yet.

My guess at this point is that Panda has hidden the answer in one of his posts somewhere. I already checked the OP of this thread, and there's nothing. I might go through each of the Backroom discussion threads, but I hope it's not that much work.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I've got the first part of it already.

I know it's right b/c OS said one person had already gotten the first step not long after I wrote my guess and when you guys started going back to analyzing it line by line.

This is it:

In the poem, Panda is the "I," the Backroom is the "we," and the "therapeutic chain of events" is the weekly discussion thread.

A chemical romance is also a one-sided relationship in which one party uses the other. I think the whole poem is about how Panda feels about the hint-making process.

How this ties into the fact that those are song lyrics (which might have just been misinformation) and what the doors in his mind are, I don't know yet.

My guess at this point is that Panda has hidden the answer in one of his posts somewhere. I already checked the OP of this thread, and there's nothing. I might go through each of the Backroom discussion threads, but I hope it's not that much work.
I'm not sure...but I'll look through Panda's non-SBR posts.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

I also have a question for the SBR people. if you were to give us the char, how easy would it be to sea how the hint fits?
When you get the character this week, you'll know who it is for sure. You won't even doubt it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
FBM: I like your approach. This very well might be a clue about stuff that's been going on in this thread, and/or around SWF.

The last line: "Doors inside my head, bolted from within..."
A password!

Edit: I was going to suggest we look at PassWurD's posts, but he doesn't seem to participate in this thread. Hmmm.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I like how I say "someone got the first step of the hint" and no one looks back to figure out, they just keep guessing :(

Take the first part of the hint, and figure out what to do there.

infomon

Smash Scientist
A-ha! I think we're on the right track here!! Each line of the poem is part of a metaphor for something on SWF. So let's follow the bread crumbs....

This was a therapeutic chain of events...: There is a thread on SWF that helps people get better.

Guess I'm not the fighting kind...: It's not particularly about fighting/Brawl; it could be more defensive in nature.

So look at SamuraiPanda's thread "The MOST IMPORTANT Thread You'll Ever Read."...

..Will we always say we tried?: The thread that fits is "Keep Losing? Try This..."

And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...: Not sure about this, but it could be referring to how we're all stuck in bad habits :) as described in the thread.

We tried to wash our hands of all of this...: Again, not sure about this, but it could be describing how we need to clean up our gameplay.

Doors inside my head, bolted from within...: Mindgames! It's our strategy that holds us back from becoming good. We need to unlock our mental potential to get better at Brawl.

As you can see, those last three options are pretty weak. I think I'm partway there but not quite right. The trailing three lines might describe a particular post. I might be looking in the wrong thread, but I suspect we're looking for something talking about the Brawl metagame. "Doors inside my head, bolted from within..." could be talking about mindgames / metagame, or that the thread is locked, or both.

But if I had to go off the "Keep Losing? Try This..." thread, I'd guess Ness because that's the OP's avatar. (assuming he hasn't changed it recently.....)

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ :(

Also notice how the thread "Keep Losing? Try this..." has that trailing ellipsis ("...") just like all the lines of the hint. :)

FBM

Smash Apprentice
^^ :(

Also notice how the thread "Keep Losing? Try this..." has that trailing ellipsis ("...") just like all the lines of the hint. :)
Cool idea, but as Panda said, it will obvious when we find it. If it is a hidden message it will probably say "26 = so and so" or something that clear.

I'm done with this for now... I've spent too much time on it already and it's just running me in circles.

infomon

Smash Scientist
wow idiots

google helps
huh? What's this referring to?

on another note what are we looking for?
Well, I looked for references to drugs or getting clean. I found [this post].

It's from Sudsy86_ (soap suds = washing), who uses a Toad avatar (toad = mushroom = drugs... okay that's pretty dumb lol), who writes about how so many n00bs get owned by mediocre single-strategy Ike users because they can't learn to adapt around his game. Which suits the "door inside my head, bolted from within" IMO.

Pretty weak, but that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. Although my current guess is now Ike, I might just be leading y'all down a path of lose. I'll try and look for the post that OS claims is the correct first step.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
huh? What's this referring to?

Well, I looked for references to drugs or getting clean. I found [this post].

It's from Sudsy86_ (soap suds = washing), who uses a Toad avatar (toad = mushroom = drugs... okay that's pretty dumb lol), who writes about how so many n00bs get owned by mediocre single-strategy Ike users because they can't learn to adapt around his game. Which suits the "door inside my head, bolted from within" IMO.

Pretty weak, but that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. Although my current guess is now Ike, I might just be leading y'all down a path of lose. I'll try and look for the post that OS claims is the correct first step.
I think we're on the right track, but then we veered off here.

I've been checking it and there are a few possibilities, but I think its either you or whoever said it was the SBR speaking, or me but their comments don't support my ideas so I'm pretty sure its you.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yes, and it didn't seem to get anywhere. It was like the current hint but a little worse :-)

Edit: (unrelated, but avoiding a double-post)
I think I went past the answer before. The first three lines point us to the "Keep losing? Try this..." thread, but I think the last three are just meant to reinforce that:

And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance... Without a doubt we are trapped in bad gameplay habits.
We tried to wash our hands of all of this... We're a scrub; get it?
Doors inside my head, bolted from within... This just says we need to unlock our mental potential to play better.

It all points to that thread IMO. But perhaps not uniquely... and identifying the character by the OP's avatar is too weak for it to be "absolutely 100% sure it's that character"....... ergh so in posting this I already convinced myself I'm not right yet lol

Wait: The "trying to wash our hands of all this" = scrub thing is too good though. We're either looking for a particular scrub, or just a thread full of scrubs, which would fit the pluralization of this line better. Hummm....

nightSN

Smash Ace
okay uhmm how about this?

try reading it backwards o.o "within this romance will kind events" i think it goes on to more?

and on "...Will we always say we tried?" i put "will" instead of "tried" because of the "..." placed differently and because this one makes more sence >_>

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
"Guess I'm not the fighting kind" are not the people who avoid fighting. These are the people who are NOT kind, so words that would describe them are merciless, ruthless, all around unkind.

Will we always say we tried? - will we keep lying to ourselves?

The more I talk, the more I think Wario.

I no longer doubt a chemical romance - your high

Doors bolted from within ironically doesn't describe Wario, until I can figure out what this statement really means.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Sonic.

The first line is from Panic at the Disco right?
Which is an Indie group I believe.
I then assume that all the other lyrics are from Indie songs.

I then Assume sonic has some relation to Indie music.

I then Assume that Indie can lightly be considered Rock, which is a music genre used in Sonic games.

I then assume I win and should get a cookie.

I then assume my above assumption is fail.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
Figured I would throw my very lazy "omg im eating chips and have nothing to do for an hr, let me spend five minutes makin a lousy guess and then find some real food for 55 minutes" guess into the mix. Just lazily referring to the bands those songs are from:

Panic!
Keane
Lostprophets
Used
Verve
Audioslave

PK LUVA, who loves PK? hahaha god I'm dumb....

Top Bottom