• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

mimic_king

Smash Lord
How does the white one work?
White people try to be as smart as asians. They usually aren't. They have always tried though.

Speaking of white people, this theory about colors could lead us to think that the character may be a stupid white person.

The answer is Lucas.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I love how this was almost completely ignored.
A bunch of smart posts have been completely ignored.

This is the scent of dead skin on a linoleum floor

Where will I meet my fate?

Will we make a mark this time?

I can't stop itching at the thoughts of tarnished hope

And how we're guilt stricken sobbin' with our heads on the floor

Every drop of flame lights a candle in memory of the one who lived inside my skin
Now this sounds more song-like (as in the lines can be in the same song) than the hint. I'm not sure if this is the right way to go considering that people thought of this 30 pages ago and we had no success.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
*Facepalm*

My actual hints have been helpfull. The only time I was messing with you guys I said I was and that was when I posted that long riddile lol.

Seriously though, the Lyrics have nothing to do with the character. It's just a step.

Someone has already figured out that step, yet no one has figured out what that step was.

You need to take step 1 and find step 2 with it.

Find the path.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Someone has already figured out that step, yet no one has figured out what that step was.
Because there have been too many f***ing useless posts that are just one line random guesses and not ways to figure out the hint. Also, the same theories have been posted over and over again at times.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Seriously though, the Lyrics have nothing to do with the character. It's just a step.

Ok. <_> I still want an explanation for those elipsis though...

Anyways, time to delve into the wonderful world of massive amounts of text! *groans*

I will resurface (hopefully with the first step) soon.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Simple solution:
Go back to the first time the hint was given to look at previous posts,discredit all the stupid ones, discredit repeated posts.

Easier to find the right one that way.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
^^ nowai, there's not enough characters left for that, and these tricky puzzle-hints are totally interesting and awesome! gg Panda.

Does noone else think this hint refers to a thread on SWF?
No.

It has something to do with us though. Look at Dawza's post. And I love these puzzles, don't change them.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The hint was given at page 580...

Yes, there were that many one line posts.
No, I mean start from where Hylian says its like we're looking through a needle in a haystack, but the needle is under out bed, and end with when he gives us step two.

Step 2 is the reason I think "lost all" becomes "loSTALL"

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I think it's Olimar. When I read the poem, I imagine a moment where an Olimar player gets edge-hogged, uses his Up+B pikmin chain, fails, and falls to his doom.

This was a therapeutic chain of events... (Referring to getting launched off of a stage and edge-hogged. It may also refer to Olimar's pikmin chain)

Guess I’m not the fighting kind... (Olimar mainly uses Pikmin for fighting)

...Will we always say we tried? (Referring to Olimar's attempt to tether the edge, but failed)

And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance... (Referring to white Pikmin - poison type. Perhaps there was a white Pikmin at the end of the chain. All Olimar players know that a well-placed pikmin chain can spike edge-hoggers off and kill them. However, a white Pikmin on the front of the chain cannot spike opponents)

We tried to wash our hands of all of this... (Referring to Olimar's failure in using the Pikmin chain again)

Doors inside my head, bolted from within... (Referring to Olimar's helmet)
This is obviously the post that OS was talking about. Now let's see what we can do from here.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I love how this was almost completely ignored.

I'll start reposting this stuff incessently unless someone can tell me why the hell Panda put ellipsis in his hint. Excluding mindgames. Cause seriously, I got nothin', other than the reasoning above.

And if no one else can think of another reason...why are we still analyzing the original lyrics? Let's get cracking on deciphering the lyrics that lead from the elipsis! (or something else, if Hylian is to be believed).

And here they are :

This is the scent of dead skin on a linoleum floor

Where will I meet my fate?

Will we make a mark this time?

I can't stop itching at the thoughts of tarnished hope

And how we're guilt stricken sobbin' with our heads on the floor

Every drop of flame lights a candle in memory of the one who lived inside my skin
The reason that's been ignored is because nobody can figure out anywhere to go with these lyrics other than more random guesses. It's been brought up at times, but nobody's been able to run with it to get anywhere.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
This hint isn't very fun. It's fun to try to guess, but the guesses people have been making aren't getting anywhere.

Im just going to say Olimar and just lurk around here.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think you might want to post what you know to be true

then look at the new hints you've been given

and find how those two may correlate? It's obvious from my perspective, so think backwards and just look to your friends when you don't know what's going on and need more guidance.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Except someone's hint did get somewhere. We just have to find which one :)

Like Sir Bedevere, I'll be digging through this thread in about an hour and report if I find a good candidate for OS-Approved First Step post :)

Sadly it looks like there's only a few of us trying to be productive in moving this "we need everyone's help" discussion forward >.>

Edit: My post is in response to mimic_king above.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

and find how those two may correlate? It's obvious from my perspective, so think backwards and just look to your friends when you don't know what's going on and need more guidance.
Hindsight is 20/20 Overswarm.....

mimic_king

Smash Lord
It was either that post about Lucas where OS giggled right after it or the post I quoted about Olimar on 612

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

All I know about the hint is that if we look at it the way we have been, my "Mario because it is from the FLUDD's point of view" would be total win. I know the words can be used in odd ways to mean something completely different from what it looks like it means. I know that the words link together kinda oddly.

After that, everything else I know kinda comes from BRoom clues.

I also know you missed something in Samurai's clue that Dazwa immediately got, and the first thing to come to mind was "Cipher" from the word "Decipher." It seems like this clues either uses the unusual ways words can be linked or the sounds the words make to indicate things other than that which is written.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You're looking for ideas to get your way to step 2.... not words.... but you need to all get together and figure out which one actually makes sense to be step 1.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Step 1 is perspective (?)
Step 2 is pronunciation

Step 1 is to recognize that the speaker or character most directly refered to at a given point in the song is not the character of the week, but a hint towards the real one. Step 2 two is to look at the hint phoenetically, by the sound. Step 3 is to take all this to their respective character boards, and follow the bread crumbs.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I really think it has to do with the bands and/or the songs the lyrics are from. Someone figure out what Panic at the Disco, Keane, LostProphets, The Used, Verve and Audioslave have to do with Smash Bros. quickly!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I think I read Panic at the Disco plays Smash 64 on their tour bus. They even invite fans back for money matches. XD

It was definitely SOME band that does that. But yeah... that has nothing to do with anything. Just a tidbit of useless info.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
After a quick scan through...the thing that seems the most likely is actually infzy's reasoning for Wario. o_O That this is a collection of lines from different songs, just like how Wario's stage is a collection of minigames.

However, this does not account for the fact that there is another step; that way of thinking only opens one door, when there are clearly at least two that need to be opened. I'll go through each post more carefully. I must have missed something...

By the way, the time period in which the hint was posted and when OS said that someone solved the first step is from page 579 to 603 (for 15 posts per page).

Also, did anyone notice OS edited the post he made saying someone got the first step? o_O

CR4SH

Smash Lord
OK I just got back from work and I think I'm really on to something here. The hint overswarm gave that said "everything you need is in panda's hint" tells me, with certainty, that all the puzzle BS, the bands, the extra lyrics, are just a red herring. On top of that, it doesn't seem to be SBR's style. They're not nearly that esoteric.

Well, ok maybe they're extremely esoteric, but there hints don't seem to be. Even the most out there stuff, was straightforward and right in front of you. The ICs hint was still exactly describing the ice climbers, just not the brawl ones. The DK stuff was the effing chorus of the song. So we need to stop complicating things (thinking like rembrandt anyone?)

So what I really really think, is that the "poem" is a direct description of the character. So I went about trying to figure that out. But all I could really remember was the first line lol, but I feel fairly confident that I figured it out.

This was a therapeutic chain of events

The way I see it, it's referring to brawl itself, from the character's perspective. Specifically, a character that got buffed from melee to brawl. Or, a character that had a major flaw, that got fixed. I don't remember all the characters that made it, that are still left. So thats your thing

And then, he said follow the bread crumbs, which suggests, that one line might lead into another, or maybe just to listen to him. But I feel fairly confident that each line is just a discriptor of the character themself, fairly directly, but through the use of symbolism and metaphor.

Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

So yeah. I'm not sure of the rest, but I really really think the first line refers to a buff the character received from melee to brawl.

Edit: general ideas without a specific character in mind.
Doors inside my head, bolted from within... Possibly a secret character, unlockable that is.

Edit edit: went back through and read the discussion, struck through things that suck. But we need to listen to these people, they have more information than we do.

Top Bottom