• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This^. It's either PT or Olimar. Notice the reference to "we".
How many times do I have to say the lyrics of the song have nothing to do with the character?

Geez.

I really wish character fanatics would just stop trying everything possibile to make it their main.

Seriously it isn't helping anyone.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
How many times do I have to say the lyrics of the song have nothing to do with the character?

Geez.

I really wish character fanatics would just stop trying everything possibile to make it their main.

Seriously it isn't helping anyone.
See... it's Jigglypuff... because Jigglypuff sings. That's all that matters.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
If the lyrics have nothing to do with the character, than perhaps it has to do with experiences.

After all, what is a song, except a complicted story?

Tenki

Smash Hero

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
*sigh*

It's time to start searching...

Hit973

Smash Cadet
See... it's Jigglypuff... because Jigglypuff sings. That's all that matters.
I've already guessed twice before that this was the answer, and about 10 minutes after the second time saying it, Overswarm commented saying that no one had guessed the first step correctly in a while (Jiggs could still be the character, but our steps to figure it out were wrong.)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
OK, I guess lucas, because it's way too ****ing obvious, and thats all. Later kiddos.

Step 1 (i found it): It's lucas
Step 2: Leave.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
yeah, but wouldn't the experiences just be about the character then?
Not neccesarily.

Perhaps it is not those lines that matter.

The first step could be finding the songs. The second step could be finding the lines that actually matter.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Hm, first define the words independent of how they come together maybe. Then combine these definitions into independent phrases. This might be what the hint is expecting.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. So OS basically just tells us that all our conclusions are wrong. So maybe I can't throw out the ellipsis and the I/we thing yet.

Which brings us to the fact that the only thing we really know is that sometime before OS's post on page 603 in the default numbering, someone said something that was on the right track.

I looked through a bunch of old posts, didn't see anything inspiring... http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5462615&postcount=9019 ? http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5461936&postcount=8990 ? http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5461864&postcount=8978 ? http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5461792&postcount=8959 ?http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5458175&postcount=8854 ?

Maybe go back and look at the full songs again? Those were posted, it's certainly an obvious first step, but then they were ignored (everyone just looked at one or two lines of them).

Eh, I'm out for today though, this is enough for me. It's been fun, cyalls later.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Ugh. So OS basically just tells us that all our conclusions are wrong. So maybe I can't throw out the ellipsis and the I/we thing yet.

Which brings us to the fact that the only thing we really know is that sometime before OS's post on page 603 in the default numbering, someone said something that was on the right track.

I looked through a bunch of old posts, didn't see anything inspiring... http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5462615&postcount=9019 ? http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5461936&postcount=8990 ? http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5461864&postcount=8978 ? http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5461792&postcount=8959 ?http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5458175&postcount=8854 ?

Maybe go back and look at the full songs again? Those were posted, it's certainly an obvious first step, but then they were ignored (everyone just looked at one or two lines of them).

Eh, I'm out for today though, this is enough for me. It's been fun, cyalls later.
IDEA!!!!

Probably a long shot, but do the songs share any common lines, or any lines that more or less mean the same thing?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I think step one is looking at the "poem" backwards.

I think the last step is to know that its Jigglypuff. Panda said that once you figure it out, you'll have no doubt in your mind about who it is, and if it isn't Jigglypuff, then this game is no longer any fun.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure the first step is to look at the poem backwards.

Also seriously, I'm sure it's Jigglypuff. Unless there's some major development in the case, Jigglypuff is the culprit.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
ok, so i just read through all the lyrics. a common theme seems to be that in the lyrics they talk about losing something (relationship, a loved one, hope, etc.), Anyway, I remember a while back someone mentioned that maybe it was being implied that this character was nerfed from Melee. Also, that post was pretty largely ignored.

Maybe this should be reconsidered?

edit: I've got to finish some homework and then sleep, so I'll let this go for a little. Good night.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
I THINK I'M ON TO SOMETHING!!!

This is my pattern of thinking:

This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

sdwesn

Ness, don't worry.

Edit: Nevermind. I've been reading the hints that the other people have been giving. Changing my train of thought:

Hmm. I'm guessing there's a word in this sentence that is significant. My guess is the word "always", at the moment. The ellipses contains three dots. The third word of the sentence is "always". I'm thinking that the first hint that leads to the next hint is just one single word.

Perhaps an anagram.

always

say law

wwwast

sat www

wats ww

I know this seems like gibberish, but I'm just trying to figure out the first part of the hint that will lead to the next parts of the hint. We need to ignore most of the lines, and definitely need to stop looking at the meaning of the lyrics. Actually, we shouldn't even look at them as lyrics. Anyways, I haven't even gotten the first part yet. You guys have to help me out.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I noticed the the first few vertical lines of text all have some sort of addressing thing like "we" or "I've" in them.
Probably useless. =/

J4pu

Smash Champion
lolz. You guys are so serious.

This thread belongs here---> http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

We're not learning anything. We're not a part of the conversation in the br. This isn't a debate nor a matchup thread.

I think it's Olimar. I've been saying this for three months now. Is that so bad? :ohwell:
I think this one is Olimar.
OMG it's Yoshi
the phenomenon is back, but this time it's Olimar

OMG it's Yoshi the sequel: This one is Olimar

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Smash Back Room: Equal Parts Laughing At Hint Guessers and Pro Tournament Discussion!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I get the feeling that Roy doesn't get as much love as Mewtwo, so probably not.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh he didn't just...

I'm out.

EDIT:

I'm halfway finishing the cross word, although, I don't think finishing it will reveal anything.

Snail

Smash Lord
Thiswasatherapeuticchainofevents...
GuessImnotthefightingkind...
Willwealwayssaywetried?
AndIvelostalldoubtinachemicalromance...
Wetriedtowashourhandsofallofthis
Doorsinsidemyheadboltedfromwithin…

None of the characters left can be found in this horizontally from left to right. Perhaps it's written from the right to the left, diagonlly, vertically... I also don't know what to do with the spaces and periods >_> Of course, I might be completely wrong here as well.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I doubt the hint is an actual word-find. That would just be giving it away. My guess is he's just trying to get us to look at it as a puzzle.

Snail

Smash Lord
Not vertically either.

Thiswasatherapeuticchainofevents...
GuessImnotthefightingkind...
Willwealwayssaywetried?
AndIvelostalldoubtinachemicalromance...
Wetriedtowashourhandsofallofthis...
Doorsinsidemyheadboltedfromwithin...

Tgwad
Huineo
ieldto
Sslirr
Wswvis
Aieeei
Smaldn
Anlots
Towstoi
Htatwd
Etyaae
Rhslsm
Aeslhy
Pfadoh
Eiyoue
Ugwura
Thebhd
Ltttab
Cirino
Cnindl
Hgeast
Akdcoe
ii?hfd
Nneaf
Odmlr
Filo
Ecom
Vafw
Elti
Nrht
Toih
Smsi
An

Leaving “nce” at the end of Romance.

Hmm... >_> It could just be a word puzzle but since horizontal and vertical are out that would leave right-to-left and diagonal. We don't know what to do with the spaces, and it could still be an anagram or something. <___<

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Yes I realise that actually finishing it means little.
Or it could mean a great deal.

Look at what letters are left over, what's being used.

Look at the shape of the answers.

Look at the theme. Transportation?
Sounds like Olimar to be honest.

Olimar's goal was to get his mode of transport working.
The words are like Pikmin, in a sense that they need to be found and collected to achieve a goal (In this case, the puzzle). Also, the words had to be 'found' and put together in a way to make the shape of the train. This is also another similarity to Olimar's quest to gather the ship parts and put them together.

(Correct me if I'm wrong. Sadly, I don't know a great deal about Pikmin)

Also, think about the title 'Take a vacation'.
Olimar did just that. Kind of.

If it's not Magikarp this week, I'd wager it's Olimar.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
OK, what sounds more likely to you?

Overswarm : OK I'm going to do seek and find puzzles until I can find one that the answers make a shape that will remind people of this character! Or maybe I'll search for one that looks like a train so people will make the connection between trains and (olimar). That'll do it for sure.

option 2:

Overswarm: OK, they're really not understanding that this hint is a puzzle. And they won't listen to my hints. Maybe if I just SHOW them a ****ing puzzle, they'll get the message and stop trying to do literary criticism on terrible emo songs.

My vote is for 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a double post.

OK, what kind of puzzle could this be? The prevailing sentiment seems to be not to switch around the lines. So what kind of patterns do we have?
first line, seven words
second line, six words
thrid line six words
fourth, nine words
fifth, ten words.
sixth, seven words

ok, maybe not that, but it could be a start.
There is the blaringly obvious third line, with the goofy lead in and punctuation. I'd say it probably carries significance of some sort.

OK maybe putting words together from similar places.
First words: This guess will and we doors
second: Was I'm we I've tried inside
Third: a not always lost to my
Fourth: theraputic the say all wash head
Fif: chain fighting we doubt our bolted
Sixth: of kind tried in hands from
Seventh: events x x a of withing
Eighth x x x chemical all x
Ninth: xxx romance of x
Tenth x x x x this x

hmmm

Top Bottom