• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My vote is for 2 as well. That post made me lol.

I'm sure Vyse is just being sarcastic as well. (And Vyse, aren't you in the BR? O.o; )
Whatchu talking about Willis?

I'm totally srs.
And definitely not apart of the BR.

I'm like that poor dog that sits at your door step that you don't have the heart to shun away, but at the same time, don't want to let inside the house either.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It just means I'm a 'Smash Writer'.
I won the last iteration of 'Write With Your Power' which is a long running writing competition held by the wonderful people inside the 'Creative Minds' forum.

WWYP IX has started already, so you should go take a look and enter something.
If you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you get an Orange name. So everybody reading this should go check it out.

[/plug]

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

Yes I realise that actually finishing it means little.
Or it could mean a great deal.

Look at what letters are left over, what's being used.

Look at the shape of the answers.

Look at the theme. Transportation?
Sounds like Olimar to be honest.

Olimar's goal was to get his mode of transport working.
The words are like Pikmin, in a sense that they need to be found and collected to achieve a goal (In this case, the puzzle). Also, the words had to be 'found' and put together in a way to make the shape of the train. This is also another similarity to Olimar's quest to gather the ship parts and put them together.

(Correct me if I'm wrong. Sadly, I don't know a great deal about Pikmin)

Also, think about the title 'Take a vacation'.
Olimar did just that. Kind of.

If it's not Magikarp this week, I'd wager it's Olimar.
lol oh wow, amazing

Callumm

Smash Rookie
This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

Take a look with the dots blacked out. Can no-one see 8-bit Mario's head? (image for comparison:

Callumm

Smash Rookie
It could also be Olimar or Luigi. In fact, lots of nintendo characters' heads look like that. It'd be spot on if lines 4 and 5 were reversed.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol @ people taking the wordsearch as a hint

edit/lol@nextpost
vvv lololol

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

Take a look with the dots blacked out. Can no-one see 8-bit Mario's head? (image for comparison:
See, this is a step in the right direction. We need to ignore the lyrics, themselves, because they are red herrings.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
*sigh* I'm not going to beat around the bush with you guys. The actual puzzle itself has no relevance to the hint this week.

It looks like I may need to update the first post itself to help you guys along.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Since Overswarm's crossword puzzle formed a picture with the words, perhaps it is the same with this week's hint. I like the 8-bit mario idea.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Well, Mario took a vacation in Sunshine...but I dont remember any trains.
In Paper Mario 2 there was a train he had too take.

Edit: how does that have anything to do with the hint?

As a matter a fact, screw this hint, I'm not even gonna try. Good job BR (seriously I should never have complained about the easy ones).

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
*sigh* I'm not going to beat around the bush with you guys. The actual puzzle itself has no relevance to the hint this week.

It looks like I may need to update the first post itself to help you guys along.
nah leave it as is panda. i really enjoy watching all these theories.

EDIT: ^like those^

Double Edit: V Sad and funny. and no i have no clue what this hint is, but these guesses are too good lol V

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
No offense, but if you feel it is necessary to edit the hint, that means that the original hint/puzzle was poorly designed. Creating challenging puzzle is one thing, but you also have to consider the audience for which you are giving the puzzle to. You have to consider that the majority of the people in these forums are students, under the age of 18, and are not puzzle-solving fanatics. I'm sure you put a lot of time and effort in constructing your hint for this week, but if it is not compatible with the audience, then the difficulty of the hint is inappropriate.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Edited. It seems like the more "abstract" hints we've been giving you guys hasn't worked, so I've put it rather bluntly. Time is running out, people. I'm tempted to just extend this hint to next week if nobody can figure it out.

And Gazelle, I'd go into my motivations for why the hint is constructed the way it is right now, but that'd give away too much.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
What would actually help, is if there was a spammy "I think its Olimar, just gonna throw that out there;)" thread, and an intelligent thread for people actually trying to solve the puzzle. I mean its ridiculous that people keep making long posts trying to anaylize the hints red/purple people give us and figure out the clue, and are immediately bumbed back a page after six different people say its "insert character here".

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
That's not the problem Gazelle. People can't see the forest for the trees. It's kind of obvious to me at this point that this hint is merely a step to the REAL hint or if nothing else, the next hint in the path. We're too used to the solve hint/get character pattern.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You should just give them the good ol word _ _ _ _ _ _ Panda =P

I don't think they'd get it then etiher though. :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
He put the _ _ _ _ _ _ so everyone would look through the poem and make a bunch of stupid posts about how the six letter words support their main.

I do think it was another hint though, probably finding certain letters to make a word, or a word earch.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
The bread crumbs are innocent! Don't put them on trial! ...even if it would be funny to see a bread crumb try to give a speech.

/end spellingsnark

(unless that's intentional...)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Remember when this thread was actually a character tactical discussion? :(
It's inevitable though. It's hard to make a hint like before with so few characters wihout giving it away so easily. I understand.
But it was fun
nier than this.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Remember when this thread was actually a character tactical discussion? :(
It's inevitable though. It's hard to make a hint like before with so few characters wihout giving it away so easily. I understand.
But it was fun
nier than this.
What was the picture?

And I like this better. Its fun, and there are plenty of other places for character tactical discussion.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
You guys gotta start using your brains. Someone here should be able to see that picture, or at least figure out what it is.
The first thing I assumed was a "fail" sign. Thats probably what it is. My dad has our computers crawling with parental controls/virus safety features, and its amazing I can get on this site without being blocked.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The first thing I assumed was a "fail" sign. Thats probably what it is. My dad has our computers crawling with parental controls/virus safety features, and its amazing I can get on this site without being blocked.
*facepalm*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hahahahaha

stealthraptor, your post is my favorite in this thread so far

Top Bottom