• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Don't think you can just do this alone, you have to work together on this one. And even if you decipher it, you may not know what to do with it. I'd suggest you look to your other members for help.

Overswarm, in the portion above(at least I think this quote is from OS), may not be talking to us. Instead he may be kind of speaking to the character or about him/it/her and their followers(members). Why else would he say members rather than something less complicated?

If this is true I think that it leaves two possibilities for characters, those with groups.

1) Olimar(my favorite pick other stuff seems to fit better)
or
2)Ike(He has a group in his game dont forget)

As Overswarm put it, "I find it hilarious that we give you guys the moon and you look at it with a microscope." But it doesn't stop there. We've laid out a trial of breadcrumbs to lead you to the final answer, and although you may get sidetracked here and there... you'll know the real answer when you see it..
The bolded part seems to further my theory, especially with Olimar, as he finds a group of parts in his first game that he puts back together to fix his ship. However it is not that simple as he is sidetracked by things like managing his army and defeating enemies etc

With Ike fire emblem is also a chain of events that is really following a breadcrumb trail through usually every continent in the game to defeat the final bad guy and traditionally Fire Emblem has Gaiden chapters which are not relevant to the main storyline and could be considered sidetracks

Finally from what I remember Olimar gets a little emo in his journals wondering if he will ever return home, seemingly fitting the song style.

My (probably wrong) 2 cents

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
This was a therapeutic chain of events... - What is treatment?
Guess I’m not the fighting kind... -
...Will we always say we tried? -
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance... -
We tried to wash our hands of all of this... - scrub
Doors inside my head, bolted from within... -

FrogsterKing, if you need all that stuff you're not on the right track.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm a bit out of the loop with all this new stuff (SP you might need to keep this hint going for another week.... altho some will complain... I want us to actually figure this out lol).....

There's a bunch of stuff I think you've all missed. For example, Overswarm wanted to tell someone they were "close but no cigar". He posted:
He put the _ _ _ _ _ _ so everyone would look through the poem and make a bunch of stupid posts about how the six letter words support their main.

I do think it was another hint though, probably finding certain letters to make a word, or a word earch.
[img]http://www.american.edu/TED/images4/cigar.gi[/img]
Notice how when he quotes Frogsterking, in the last word "search" the letter s is missing. That's not true in Frogsterking's original quote. That's an error that OS added. Then OS gives us a broken URL link to what would be a cigar picture, except the last f is missing.

Something's going on, but I don't have time to dig around figuring out what. :/

Edit: Halloween Captain, if we were to follow your approach, I think it would be something like:

This was a therapeutic chain of events... - trying to get better
Guess I'm not the fighting kind... - not playing competitive
...Will we always say we tried? - johns
And I've lost all doubt in a chemical romance... - bad habits
We tried to wash our hands of all of this... - scrub
Doors inside my head, bolted from within... - mindgames

But I think this is the wrong approach. In fact I even followed that line of reasoning to a particular thread on SWF and it seemed like a dead end. :/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Time to Band together.

_ _ _ _ _ _

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Okay, now I understand why most of the regular posters have stopped posting. I'll check this thread again in a week. Bye.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Dude, he was close but no cigar. Its not a single six letter word from the hint they're looking for. There are 6 lines from this hint guys. One letter per line. GO GO GO!

Maybe the 6 letters that abut an elipse. Then rearranged.
This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

s d w e s n?

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
there really is no reason to hold back. they even said you would need help. if you are worried about someone taking the credit it was obviously you who got it.
I'm waiting to see if Halloween wants to post it.

Dude, he was close but no cigar. Its not a single six letter word from the hint they're looking for. There are 6 lines from this hint guys. One letter per line. GO GO GO!

You are right thats what I figured out about an hour ago. I guess I'll just post the rest of the stuff I found.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman

This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

s d w e s n?
I found two ways of looking at it, Halloween found a third. You can look at each letter next to a dot, or each capital letter. Halloween reccomended finding a word that fit each line.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Either DWNess, SNES dw, or other. Try to was you hands, right Infzy?

Youko - Maybe you're right. Anything (preferably smash related) to get six words that can be turned into letters.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty rough even still.

TGWAWD

sdWesn

The second one can spell ness but theres an extra W and d. Lets also remember that the answer should be very clear.

Sorry about withholding what I found, that was a dumb idea:(

infomon

Smash Scientist
In case y'all have missed it, there have been many hints telling us that we need to "search". In addition to the recent OS hint where he changes a quote to remove the 's' from the word "search". For example:

It's time to start searching...
You should just give them the good ol word _ _ _ _ _ _ Panda =P
Word search, anyone? I'm not sure if it's another hint that he dropped the letter 'd' from "old".
Now look closely at this:

I'll help you guys out, even for the people that COULD be helping out in this thread that aren't posting! It'll take all your brainpower to do this, so you guys really need to play off each other but not subscribe to just what you "feel". Find answers!
I think he's telling us we need to look at threads we might not be "subscribed" to. That is, the next step or hint or whatever is somewhere on SWF. Who are the people that COULD be helping out but aren't? Possibly the character's mains.

And then there's this gem:
Everyone can take a word out of something.
What's up with the letter dropping / word search stuff? Frogsterking, what's the first step? :(

Errrr, nevermind, I've also tried many many ways to pick out key "letters" from the hint, and it's been to no avail. So we're at the same spot.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
And after I realized six letters I immediately looked through the posts before OS again and found what the post that had solved the first step (at least I am pretty sure)
I guess its about time I explain my theory for the people who didn't catch my sarcasm. *cough*everyone*cough*

OS is hinting that we need to follow a trail in order to lead us to figuring out who the character is. In other words, there are actually hints that will lead us to the real hint. In other other words, the 6 lines Panda posted are not the actual hint. And basing your answer off of those lines would be incorrect.

What you need to do is use the "current" hint as a hint to find the real hint...

...But how do you do that, you ask?

...Well, I'm showing you right now.

Breadcrumbs. Little pieces, little dots, one could say, that are left in a trail to lead us somewhere...Look at the hint. This has been said countless times before, but look at the dots trailing behind and in front of the hint. Dots? Breadcrumbs? What we need to do is follow those lyrics to the real hint. And I feel a little redundant repeating myself (and the words of others) like this, but its only because people have been throwing this answer off as just another theory.

However, it is the only theory that makes logical sense. Riddle me this: why would Panda put ellipsis at the end of each line? Why would he put those ellipsis before one of the lines, but after for all the rest? It makes little sense, unless it was placed purposefully to lead us to the real hint. (Or its just a mindgame) Comments from the SBR prove this.

Follow the breadcrumbs.

None of you are finished yet.

All point to the fact that we still have somewhere to go before we can actually start solving the hint.

So get to following them breadcrumbs, people.
The six letters probably have something to do with the dots. Using the letters next to them however (sdWesn) don't seem to work.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Time to Band together.

Panic at the Disco
Keane
LostProphets
The Used
Verve
Audioslave

?

infomon

Smash Scientist
If it's that dumb PK LUVA thing I'm gonna be sad.

Hmm, but it might fit. If we look at it not as the whole hint, but as the first step. Is there something in the Ness/Lucas character specific boards we should be trying to find?

Edit: Hahaha, PKLuva is the name of a smashboards user with 1 post, that says "I fight for my friends." His only friend on the boards is Overswarm. I think we've got it :)
Problem is he joined on Sep 30th which is the day after the hint was posted?

Edit 2:
I fight for my friends.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Hahaha, PKLuva is the name of a smashboards user with 1 post, that says "I fight for my friends." His only friend on the boards is Overswarm. I think we've got it :)
0.o your right. Congrats that was clever:)

And remember Samurai..."check the other members for help"...

Now all we have to do is figure out what "I fight for my friends means".
....don't worry I only jest everyone knows Lucas says that.

Snail

Smash Lord

Hmm, but it might fit. If we look at it not as the whole hint, but as the first step. Is there something in the Ness/Lucas character specific boards we should be trying to find?

Edit 2:
xD Very clever! I wonder if you're right?

Tenki

Smash Hero

Edit 2:
XD

But, I couldn't find the post "I fight for my friends."
edit:
LOL didn't think of searching in the forum without +postcount. good shot, infzy.

PKluva said:
This is the end of the line for you, buddy. I'll show you what oli oli oxen free really means.
that is on OS's user profile.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
09-30-2008 02:39 PMPKluva
This is the end of the line for you, buddy. I'll show you what oli oli oxen free really means.

I actually can't find his one post, though, so I can't find the "I Fight for My Friends."

Ah, I forgot about those non +1 forums.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
I like the use of Oli there. :p

So, is the end of the line Ike, or is something still missing?

Top Bottom