• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
This is such an incredibly helpful alternate Overswarm. PKLUVA Fights for his Friends, and knows what the true meaning of Oli Oli Oxen free really is! That can definantly limit the hint down to one character, and is in no way related to our earlier, wrong guesses about anagrams. /new level of sarcasm/

Tenki

Smash Hero
just for fun

Well, "iffmf" is a kind of hint where, once read, screams a character. It was mentioned that, once you get the hint, you'll know it 100%.

now that that's over with,

"Alle, alle auch sind frei!", (literally, "Everyone, everyone also is free!")

because lolimarangers saved the day.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I like the use of Oli there. :p

So, is the end of the line Ike, or is something still missing?
It would be nice if my "discovery" turned out to be right and I didn't look like an idiot after all, but unfortunately that won't happen.:laugh:

I will try to redeem myself next time. Which WILL be just as difficult, right Panda?

infomon

Smash Scientist
... but I found the Ike post and not the "Oli Oli" thing. I would never have found that if you hadn't. I'm... not sure we're done here o_O

but lOlimarangers definitely saved the day. I can't say that word without smiling or lol'ing irl.
Go Go lOlimarangers!

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so if we are not done, where do we go now?

Olimar is the end of the line, fights with his friends, and has shorthand Oli. I like that. :p

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
PK LUVA was a creation of overswarm to mess with us. Don't fall for it.

Two possibilities -
1. some of the words are missing a letter, as indicated by ...
2. The lines each represent a word.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ehhh.... it's Ike. I searched around and couldn't find anything from "Oli Oli Oxen Free" on SWF (btw I think it's more commonly spelled Oly Oly Oxen Free). Besides, that phrase means the hiding culprit has been caught and can come out into the open.

Edit: Hummmm, the Captain's right.... why wouldn't SamulaiPrada have created the PKluva? He made the hint, not OS!

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
PK LUVA was a creation of overswarm to mess with us. Don't fall for it.

Two possibilities -
1. some of the words are missing a letter, as indicated by ...
2. The lines each represent a word.
Quite possibly. We can keep working on it. Seems kind of simple and not the whole moon.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Wyvern = first person to guess Ike.
No reason given, but, he gets the first person to guess Ike award.
I say it's Ike.
cr4sh carpet guessed Mario, Luigi, and Ike.
Well I'm glad I came to this page before I finished doing that. I was in the middle of tracking them all down.

My first reaction though, is mario. (or luigi :chuckle:)

Theraputic chain of events make me think of dr. mario immediately. The rest sounds vaguely "<3 princess peach"ish. All that emo stuff sounds like something luigi would say (to mario probably).

Another thought is that the whole thing sounds like a story from some japanese lameo RPG. I didn't ever play fire emblem, but does that sound at all like whatever game Ike is from?

I'll try some more later.
Totally for the wrong reason, but lol:
Conspiracy #2

Red = Samurai
Blue = Tenki

This was a therapeutic chain of events......This is the scent of dead skin on a linoleum floor
Guess I’m not the fighting kind......I was fighting but I just feel too tired to be fighting
Will we make a mark,this time......Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance......I can't stop itching at the thoughts of tarnished hope
We tried to wash our hands of all of this......We never talk of our lack in relationships
Doors inside my head, bolted from within... ...every drop of flame lights a candle in memory of the one who lived inside my skin

Assuming the ellipses mean something, I pieced them together.

Reading these lyrics, I keep thinking
"Dead metagame"
"No hope"

and

"I fight for my friends"

Have fun! :bee:

I actually have 3 character guesses in light of this, and one of them is not one I want.

infzy wins the game for solving it the way it was supposed to be solved, apparently lol.

I really doubt that PKluva is a false hint.
Really, the "search" theme, "steps to find another hint", 'other members for help', it's silly.
You know the answer 100% when you know it. There is no doubt.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Terios: you talkin to me? I meant I couldn't find anything else involving that line on SWF. Yeah I saw it on OS' user page, altho only after Frogsterking pointed me there.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
That wasn't a very logical hint. I mean, we still don't completely understand what the first hint means.

sdwesn ?

I suggested "ness dw (don't worry)", yesterday, but the "dw" doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't see how that hint was supposed to be the MOON that Overswarm kept taunting all of us with. The first part that supposedly leads us to the PKLuva poster still doesn't make sense. Overall, I'm still not very satisfied.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Here's the epic post of FBM that solved the "first step":

And finally, Ness is a

(using the band names)

Panic! At The Disco
Keane
Lost Prophets
Used
Verve Pipe
Audioslave

(he loves PK spells!)

So it's either Ness or I just BS'd that really hard.
And I agree with Tenki, the updated hint says "I'd suggest you look to your other members for help." which pretty much cements this as the right track.

(although it's not a very long trail of breadcrumbs....)

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman

And I agree with Tenki, the updated hint says "I'd suggest you look to your other members for help." which pretty much cements this as the right track.

Yep. That pretty much wraps it all up, in my opinion.

Tenki

Smash Hero
That wasn't a very logical hint. I mean, we still don't completely understand what the first hint means.

sdwesn ?

I suggested "ness dw (don't worry)", yesterday, but the "dw" doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't see how that hint was supposed to be the MOON that Overswarm kept taunting all of us with. The first part that supposedly leads us to the PKLuva poster still doesn't make sense.
What if your interpretation of the first hint was wrong and nessdw didn't have to do with it? lol

Hylian said:
Time to Band together
if you take the bands in the order of the lines that they were given and take the first letters, it forms "PKLUVA".

I don't know why they'd do this, but the username 'pkluva' has one post in a non-post-count section, and it is...

pkluva said:
I fight for my friends.
That's alot clearer of a 'giveaway' than any previous 'hint' lol.

testo024

Smash Cadet
So, to sum it all up, and reiterate what others have said, it's IKE.

Overswarm alluded to the"six letter word" and when someone re-quoted his hint and explained how we need to pull a word from letters in the lyrics (or something to that effect), Overswarm replied with a broken link to the cigar photo.

This meant, "Close but no cigar". Overswarm also said previously that someone had figured out step one.

Step one was to get this 6 letter word. and as many people have pointed out, the band names form the word PKLUVA.

What's the next step? To apply it. Like infzy (i think) pointed out, PKLUVA is a member on these boards who joined the SAME DAY THE CLUE WAS POSTED.

His only quote? "I fight for my friends" (Ike's taunt)

So, there's your bread crumb trail. It led to PKLUVA's profile which led to IKE.

The answer is IKE, i don't think there's much question about it...no?

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
So, to sum it all up, and reiterate what others have said, it's IKE.

Overswarm alluded to the"six letter word" and when someone re-quoted his hint and explained how we need to pull a word from letters in the lyrics (or something to that effect), Overswarm replied with a broken link to the cigar photo.

This meant, "Close but no cigar". Overswarm also said previously that someone had figured out step one.

Step one was to get this 6 letter word. and as many people have pointed out, the band names form the word PKLUVA.

What's the next step? To apply it. Like infzy (i think) pointed out, PKLUVA is a member on these boards who joined the SAME DAY THE CLUE WAS POSTED.

His only quote? "I fight for my friends" (Ike's taunt)

So, there's your bread crumb trail. It led to PKLUVA's profile which led to IKE.

The answer is IKE, i don't think there's much question about it...no?
Nope, no question.

Good summary. I see I did play a small role after all.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341

Oh, I remember that. Okay, now that makes complete logical sense.

I think SamuraiPanda unintentionally created a multi-tiered hint for us, this week. Lots of arrows pointed to Ness. Using all of the letters that are next to an ellipses, the word "Ness dw" can be spelled. Other anagrams within the verses also led to the spelling of "ness". I don't think Panda intended that.

I don't understand how we were supposed to know to search for the PKLuva member, though. Nothing in the original hint pointed at searching for PKLuva as a forum member. Without Overswarm and the other in-crowd people's help, we would not have been able to solve it.

I would've preferred a hint where people can solve, without extra help from the in-crowd. Oh well. Thanks for putting in the time and effort of creating this week's hint, though.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
for the record, Sir Bedevere (sp?) and I both posted the PKLUVA thing first within a minute of eachother :p
Halloween also deserves honorable mention because he was close the whole time (looking for a member/thread, figuring out "scrub"). Actually, everyone contributed and the only people that don't deserve honorable mention are the "How about Lucas? Just thought I'd throw that out there;)" people.

Oh, the fun has just begun :).
Neat. Hopefully they will be getting more and more difficult, correct?

And is there anyway for us to have our own thread to privately work on?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

I don't understand how we were supposed to know to search for the PKLuva member, though. Nothing in the original hint pointed at searching for PKLuva as a forum member. Without Overswarm and the other in-crowd people's help, we would not have been able to solve it.

I would've preferred a hint where people can solve, without extra help from the in-crowd. Oh well. Thanks for putting in the time and effort of creating this week's hint, though.
I think the Ike conclusion might be wrong. Or if not wrong added later. i.e. if Ike IS right it's just because we couldn't figure out the real hint. OS said ALL WE NEEDED WAS PANDA'S HINT. If we got the answer from other means we still lost.....

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Halloween also deserves honorable mention because he was close the whole time (looking for a member/thread, figuring out "scrub"). Actually, everyone contributed and the only people that don't deserve honorable mention are the "How about Lucas? Just thought I'd throw that out there;)" people.
yeah, I know. we've all definitely worked hard on this one. everyone (except the random "omg it's ____ because i said so" posters) contributed

good work everyone :)

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
I think the Ike conclusion might be wrong. Or if not wrong added later. i.e. if Ike IS right it's just because we couldn't figure out the real hint. OS said ALL WE NEEDED WAS PANDA'S HINT. If we got the answer from other means we still lost.....
Exactly my point, thank you. That's why I believe the original hint was not set up very logically. We would never have been able to figure the original hint out, all by itself. It's okay though. It was SamuraiPanda's first time trying this out, so now that I think about it, it was a really great effort. He is really putting in a lot of hard work to create these hints.

I'm sure he will learn from the small logical mistakes of his past couple of hints and create extremely difficult, perfect logically-sound hints in the near future. :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm is now silent. I hope your six letter word is correct.

You guys might want to say who you really are guessing now, it ends soon :)

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
I'm going against it and saying it's really Olimar, for the reasons I just said a few posts back, just for the fun of it and so I can laugh and laugh whether it's right or not. :D

Snail

Smash Lord
I'm going against it and saying it's really Olimar, for the reasons I just said a few posts back, just for the fun of it and so I can laugh and laugh whether it's right or not. :D
Mh ^^ It might still be Olimar. I'd love it actually. Ive been waiting for Olimar's discussion forever ):

JLynn943

Smash Ace
yeah, I thought we were supposed to be able to be 100% certain, but there's both an Olimar and an Ike reference in a Lucas related name lol

infomon

Smash Scientist
Exactly my point, thank you. That's why I believe the original hint was not set up very logically. We would never have been able to figure the original hint out, all by itself. It's okay though. It was SamuraiPanda's first time trying this out, so now that I think about it, it was a really great effort. He is really putting in a lot of hard work to create these hints.

I'm sure he will learn from the small logical mistakes of his past couple of hints and create extremely difficult, perfect logically-sound hints in the near future. :)
The original hint wasn't so bad. It just involved some creativity. Just because SP doesn't spell out all the details doesn't mean the hint isn't fair. In particular, it was on the very first day that people noticed the PK LUVA thing. Searching Smashboards for PKLUVA is not an illogical way to try and solve a puzzle, is it? If the hint had told us to do that search we would have solved it right away.

I look forward to more puzzle hints!! I <3 this thread :)

Top Bottom