• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

XienZo

Smash Lord
LOL, we're going off a non-hint lead since that's easier... I wonder how many times the SBR have facepalmed cuz of us and our wonderful riddle-solving skills.

I mean, we haven't gone anywhere at all... at least not by much.

If only we had big neon signs indicating where the bread crumbs are...

infomon

Smash Scientist
Well, I guess it isn't Sonic then :laugh: it took them way too long to close certain threads that should have been closed, and there's still a few survivors floating around.
Shhhh!!! The Sonic boards are awesome, and you know it. :laugh:

In all seriousness it was kinda sad when Anther came to our boards and was like wtf? where's the real info?

Edit: @Dekuu: In your second-last comment, you quoted DanGR but claimed it was Hylian with a link to an irrelevant Hylian post. Just pointing that out ;-)

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I don't think that's relevant. The same thing could be said for every board. They close threads if someone reports them or are REALLY offtopic/useless/flamewar. Stupid threads just die in 3 days.
why does it say you quoted hylian, when you quoted DanGR?

The arrow links back to an old Hylian post about the lyrics not being a direct hint for which character it is

edit: haha, looks like infzy caught that too

bebo27

Smash Cadet
NNID
imkewlhuh
Guys I've figured it out:
"follow the bread crumbs"
bread crumbs=dots
dots=lines that follow/precede
outcome=
This is the scent of dead skin on a linoleum floor
Wouldn't mind it
Will we make a mark this time?
I can't stop itching at the thoughts of tarnished hope
We never talk of our lack in relationships
Every drop of flame Lights a candle in
Memory of the one
Who lived inside my skin

all capital letters=TWWIWEMW
subtract unnecessary W's=TIME
HERO OF TIME=LINK
LINK=MASTER SWORD
SWORD=only character left with a sword(Ike)

Therefore,its obviously Roy.

^_^

infomon

Smash Scientist
Clearly we've discovered DanGR's secret identity................

I'll guess Olimar for this week; if it's Ike, well... it's not as if I didn't figure it out. Unless PKluva's two messages (the Ike one, and the suggestive Oli one) were supposed to lead us somewhere else. But I'm outta time anyway so I'll assume that Oli is the end-game message.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second...I thought we had confirmed that Ike was the answer. What could have happened since then thats made everyone switch from Ike to Olimar?

Edit: I see now people think its the visitor message. Well I agree theres a chance but I feel the Ike reference is more solid.

Also, Sir B just ignore my post I don't know what I was thinking :ohwell:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Lets go simple....again.

This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...

Guess I'm not the fighting kind...

Assuming that refers to the character coming..it needs to be a character that generally doesn't fight in there game. SO I'd be more inclined toward Peach and Olimar. or maybe even sonic if the term fighting is literal. as well as PT i guess.

And I guess that all this talk of romance and "will we always say we tried?" makes me a bit peachey to be honest.
Ima go Peach :036:

P.S. Some of the stuff is also switching my mind onto Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door... tho i cant really articulate it well. ergh but i dont think it shud b indepth as making links to Peach in that game :(

PPS we tried to wash our hands of this.. maybe when luigi was gettin a bit friendly with peach in a couple of games.....ergh which 1's were they now?

Tenki

Smash Hero
PK LUVA was a creation of overswarm to mess with us. Don't fall for it.

Two possibilities -
1. some of the words are missing a letter, as indicated by ...
2. The lines each represent a word.
Ehhh.... it's Ike. I searched around and couldn't find anything from "Oli Oli Oxen Free" on SWF (btw I think it's more commonly spelled Oly Oly Oxen Free). Besides, that phrase means the hiding culprit has been caught and can come out into the open.
Oly Oly Oxen Free can mean that. But it also means this:
"Alle, alle auch sind frei!", (literally, "Everyone, everyone also is free!")

because lolimarangers saved the day.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
It's Yoshi. It's always Yoshi, Since Day 1, to Now, this will never change.

No just kidding, it's Sonic.
If you think I am wrong pfft.

Look at Sonic then Look at the clues.
You shall find the truth.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I think it's Wario because of all the things that happened to Wario.

First when the game came out nobody thought he had potential but many wario mains changed that.
Then the infinite stuff came.
Wario didn't really fight he's just greedy and he'd probably eat a trail of bread crumbs

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
no...the fight for my friends quote from PKluva clearly shows that its Ike. Oly Oly Oxen Free is just SP/OS telling us that its the end of the line, meaning that if we hit that, its a dead end...PKluva is speaking to US, not Overswarm. He's saying its a dead end if we find his quote.

Scenario #1:
Somebody clicks on OS's profile, and see this message, but not his actual post...they assume that since PKluva wrote Oli Oli, its olimar. However, that's a dead end ("end of the line for you buddy")

Scenario #2:
Somebody searches PKluva and finds his "I fight for my friends"...they assume its Ike. In this scenario, nobody realizes PKluva has talked to OS

Scenario #3(what actually happened):
Somebody finds both the message and the post...one is a dead end, the other is the real hint for the week

**** ill be so angry if im wrong. Its Ike, end of story

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You guys shouldn't even post.
Then the mods/ other whatever people will get bored.
They'll just give us that answer. =D

And no laughs for them. =)

Tenki

Smash Hero
People need to learn patience.
Thats the true point of this thread. >__>;
AHA! Patience was the final step!

we have to wait for Ike's F-smash to come out.

10ikefsmashs
+fake guess lol

edit to laugh
vvv lol we did ice climbers already.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I've got it. It's MARIO.

Look at the hint. It's made of letters. You know what else you can spell with letters? That's right, MARIO.

TP

Smash Master
AHA! Patience was the final step!

we have to wait for Ike's F-smash to come out.
I've already said (jokingly) that it's Wario. Now I am more serious. Patience is not waiting for half a second, it's waiting for 1:50. Additionally, look at the new hint. They gave us the moon? Yeah. Uh-huh. Moon. Right. Got it. Butt. Wario.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m nOt the fighting kind...
...WilL we always say we trIed?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a cheMical romance...
We tried to wAsh our hands of all of this...
DooRs inside my head, bolted from within...

Coincidence? I think not.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Wario didn't really fight he's just greedy and he'd probably eat a trail of bread crumbs
:laugh: gg :laugh:

no...the fight for my friends quote from PKluva clearly shows that its Ike. Oly Oly Oxen Free is just SP/OS telling us that its the end of the line, meaning that if we hit that, its a dead end...PKluva is speaking to US, not Overswarm. He's saying its a dead end if we find his quote.
I think you're right. Ike! (the backroom fails us if this is wrong)

Oh Gawd, ya know, I reeeeeally hope that PKluva isn't someone just screwing with us. I mean like, one of those sneaky ZSS mains like Dazwa or DeliciousCake just making an account to give us a wrong track.

Track! like a train track; remember all those references to trains and tracks from hints in this thread?
Bawwwwwwwwww
jk it's ike

As for the Ice Climbers guess above...... I think we have a challenger ready to face the mighty lOlimarangers:

"I fight for my YUP!"

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The backroom wins again.

Top Bottom