• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Trillion

Smash Ace
I may be 100% wrong here, but this is my guess: Olimar

Quote: "As Overswarm put it, "I find it hilarious that we give you guys the moon and you look at it with a microscope." But it doesn't stop there. We've laid out a trial of breadcrumbs to lead you to the final answer, and although you may get sidetracked here and there... you'll know the real answer when you see it."

They give us the moon = In space
We look at it with a microscope = Really Tiny
Breadcrumbs = Tiny
You may get sidetracked = Pikmin can get kind of side tracked.
You'll know the real answer when you see it = Olimar is hard to see because he is so small but when you see him, you'll know it's him.

Quote: "Don't think you can just do this alone, you have to work together on this one. And even if you decipher it, you may not know what to do with it. I'd suggest you look to your other members for help."

Don't think you can do this alone = Olimar can't do anything without his Pikmin
You have to work together on this one = Olimar needs the Pikmin's help
Even if you decipher it you may not know what to do with it = Even when a singular Pikmin accomplishes something he doesn't know what to do next.
I'd suggest you look to your other members for help = Pikmin must work with each other to accomplish larger feats.

I think it all points to Olimar

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
OSNAP: look at PKluva's profile page... Samulai commented "I feel bad for you.", and in the same minute, PKluva comments back "who r u guyz??/" (after a bunch of us left him visitor messages LOL)

Also, he's added me as a friend. Yay!
I reeeeally hope we're not just trolling some n00b lol.
Hahaha that would be hilarious.

My understanding is that they've all but admitted we finally figured it out. If there was anything more to be discovered, I think they would give us some indication at this point.
Yeah I thought so.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I think they're saying the SBR room wins because still not everyone agrees on the answer, even though it's supposedly obvious.

We could be missing something, but I sort of doubt it at this point.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Whoa.... are you people really still making guesses?

The dedicated hint followers here already figured out that it's Ike.

Key hints (in no particular order) include:
- lyrics have nothing to do with the character.
- they give us the moon, we look with a microscope.
- bread crumbs.
- something about a first step.

The lyrics have nothing to do with the character, which they don't, and the first step was to figure out where the lyrics came from, which they did. It was concluded that the names of the bands that did each lyric was a key, and the key to that was to use the first letters of their to find something. What was found? PKLUVA.

PKLUVA was merely more bread crumbs. Someone eventually found out that PKLUVA had a profile, and "he" had a single post that says, "I fight for my friends." That right there is the victory. There is no coincidence that this profile was made of the same day of the hint, and it's no coincidence that the post was made at around the time the hint showed up, maybe a little later, but it's not like anyone was gonna figure the hint out in 2 seconds anyway.

The mindgames that were played, however, are SP posting the visitor message, "I feel bad for you," and PKLUVA saying, "Who are u guys?" Those are simply mindgames to keep you from thinking that Ike is the answer.

The answer is Ike. Point blank. End of week.

Now since that's settled, can someone please explain to me how 2:44 in the video for the last hint refers to Donkey Kong? I still don't get that...

CR4SH

Smash Lord

- bread crumbs.

The lyrics have nothing to do with the character, which they don't, and the first step was to figure out where the lyrics came from, which they did. It was concluded that the names of the bands that did each lyric was a key, and the key to that was to use the first letters of their to find something. What was found? PKLUVA.

PKLUVA was merely more bread crumbs. Someone eventually found out that PKLUVA had a profile, and "he" had a single post that says, "I fight for my friends." That right there is the victory. There is no coincidence that this profile was made of the same day of the hint, and it's no coincidence that the post was made at around the time the hint showed up, maybe a little later, but it's not like anyone was gonna figure the hint out in 2 seconds anyway.

The mindgames that were played, however, are SP posting the visitor message, "I feel bad for you," and PKLUVA saying, "Who are u guys?" Those are simply mindgames to keep you from thinking that Ike is the answer.

Now since that's settled, can someone please explain to me how 2:44 in the video for the last hint refers to Donkey Kong? I still don't get that...
/agree.

I still, however, vote dr. mario.

oh well at least ive tried a different answer even if i am wrong

It's not that you did it wrong, its the fact that you took the hint "look at the moon under a microscope" and put it under an even more ridiculous microscope.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um..first step = Giant step from earthbound (first sanctuary) Jeff always analyzes everything closely (if you use his spy option) and the moon is awesome (just like earthbound) Also, the doors bolted from within are Ness's limitations which he breaks at Magicant

Demenise

Smash Journeyman

- bread crumbs.

^ This. I now say that it's Ike.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
It cannot be Ike...it just doesnt.

Also SBR better explain their hint on monday when this is all over (but if I'm right and it is Sonic then NVM, cus I got the hint then)

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
It cannot be Ike...it just doesnt.

Also SBR better explain their hint on monday when this is all over (but if I'm right and it is Sonic then NVM, cus I got the hint then)
Then what explains the fact that PKLuva has one post that says "I Fight For My Friends", artists that lead directly to his name, and admins who actually post in the comments of the person who has (what it says) zero posts?

AND Overswarm was quoted saying "You may want to look at your other members for help."

[/week]

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Then what explains the fact that PKLuva has one post that says "I Fight For My Friends", artists that lead directly to his name, and admins who actually post in the comments of the person who has (what it says) zero posts?

Because for the Lyrics to have absolutely no merit, that would make the SBR's BS liars.
Which hurts their credibility, at least with Mewtwo, it wasn't stupid, and was cool.

Wait wut...the artists lead to his name? WUUUUUUUUUT?
I know Panic at the Disco...who's the rest?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Because for the Lyrics to have absolutely no merit, that would make the SBR's BS liars.
Which hurts their credibility, at least with Mewtwo, it wasn't stupid, and was cool.

Don't remember the rest, but in all seriousness...

Editted previous post. It's now official.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

Panic...
Keane
Lost Prophets
Used
Verve
Audioslave

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I changed my guess from wario to lucas.

I just reread it and thought about mother 3 for a bit.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
If it's that dumb PK LUVA thing I'm gonna be sad.

Hmm, but it might fit. If we look at it not as the whole hint, but as the first step. Is there something in the Ness/Lucas character specific boards we should be trying to find?

Edit: Hahaha, PKLuva is the name of a smashboards user with 1 post, that says "I fight for my friends." His only friend on the boards is Overswarm. I think we've got it :)
Problem is he joined on Sep 30th which is the day after the hint was posted?

Edit 2:
Here's the epic post of FBM that solved the "first step":

And I agree with Tenki, the updated hint says "I'd suggest you look to your other members for help." which pretty much cements this as the right track.

(although it's not a very long trail of breadcrumbs....)
So, to sum it all up, and reiterate what others have said, it's IKE.

Overswarm alluded to the"six letter word" and when someone re-quoted his hint and explained how we need to pull a word from letters in the lyrics (or something to that effect), Overswarm replied with a broken link to the cigar photo.

This meant, "Close but no cigar". Overswarm also said previously that someone had figured out step one.

Step one was to get this 6 letter word. and as many people have pointed out, the band names form the word PKLUVA.

What's the next step? To apply it. Like infzy (i think) pointed out, PKLUVA is a member on these boards who joined the SAME DAY THE CLUE WAS POSTED.

His only quote? "I fight for my friends" (Ike's taunt)

So, there's your bread crumb trail. It led to PKLUVA's profile which led to IKE.

The answer is IKE, i don't think there's much question about it...no?
Daaaaaaaaaamn.

It was right under my nose. :( I sneezed it out in the beginning of this thread and left it to hang there...not knowing it was the very thing I needed most. :'( lolmetaphors

I say Ike, for obvious reasons. But I think I'm going to snoop around a bit more to make sure.

BTW, a few tidbits that now make sense (that weren't already posted):

Panda said this hint required set up. He was referring to the creation of this faux-member, and the posting of the messages in the Lucas and Overswarm's...wall thing (I dunno what it's called '_' ).

The breadcrumbs refer to the "band names>PK LUVA> Member called PK Luva > Post about fighting for his friends> Ike" trail of clues that were left for us.

Overswarm posting a lot. Perhaps he was baiting us to click on his profile and notice that a user named "PKLuva" added him as a friend...

The only thing I need closure on is THOSE GOD DARN ELIPSES! :mad:

EDIT: Also, this was a test to see if we all use the search function.

We failed.

Hard.

:urg:
no...the fight for my friends quote from PKluva clearly shows that its Ike. Oly Oly Oxen Free is just SP/OS telling us that its the end of the line, meaning that if we hit that, its a dead end...PKluva is speaking to US, not Overswarm. He's saying its a dead end if we find his quote.

Scenario #1:
Somebody clicks on OS's profile, and see this message, but not his actual post...they assume that since PKluva wrote Oli Oli, its olimar. However, that's a dead end ("end of the line for you buddy")

Scenario #2:
Somebody searches PKluva and finds his "I fight for my friends"...they assume its Ike. In this scenario, nobody realizes PKluva has talked to OS

Scenario #3(what actually happened):
Somebody finds both the message and the post...one is a dead end, the other is the real hint for the week

**** ill be so angry if im wrong. Its Ike, end of story
I found him with an "Advanced Search" for member PKLUVA. Actually, you start typing it into the box, and javascript shows PKluva as an option in the list. I was happy when I saw that happen :)

[PKluva's profile]
Panic at the Disco
Keane
Lost Prophets
The Used
Verve Pipe
Audioslave

that's how they got pkluva.

First letter of each band's name, not including articles.

though, it sure would be interesting if...
My understanding is that they've all but admitted we finally figured it out. If there was anything more to be discovered, I think they would give us some indication at this point. Instead, I see this:

I interpret that to mean that the backroom has not failed us; we've reached a dead-end answer that fits all their hints and gives a definite conclusion (unless you're thinking too hard about the Olimar thing).

OSNAP: look at PKluva's profile page... Samulai commented "I feel bad for you.", and in the same minute, PKluva comments back "who r u guyz??/" (after a bunch of us left him visitor messages LOL)

Also, he's added me as a friend. Yay!
I reeeeally hope we're not just trolling some n00b lol.

- bread crumbs.

look through all this evidence. Then tell me it's not Ike

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Hey, even more evidence for you non-believers...

DK is up. I have an EPIC hint planned for this week, but it will take a bit of setup, so I can't guarantee it will be up today (as I have an exam tonight :/).
Pkluva's profile was the setup.

Anyway, someone still has to explain last week's hint to me.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I give up... This whole hint is meaningless and the weird interpretations only make it harder...

I shall now choose : Oliwarneslucluimarzssfoxtrajigpeason

Ike

It doesn't seem to be working...

I lied I know it's Olimar, Wario, Ness, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Zero suit samus, Fox, Pokemon trainer, Jigglypuff, Peach, Sonic or whoever else is still not done that I didn't mention

I'm going with Ike...

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ooh! Ooh!

So the post on OSs profile by PKLuva says Oli Oli.

Clearly, those words are incomplete. The character's full name is oliMAR. Yes, the missing letters are MAR.

It's MARio. Duh. Thanks to Ref for giving me this idea.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
C'mon. We need to work together for this like Panda said. Of course I don't have any ideas right now, but I will.

The answer is one of these:

Olimario
Lucasonic
Nessamus
Peachlypuff
Warigi
Ikefox Trainer

Scramble the first letters of each and you get: OLI PWN.

Olimar pwns!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
C'mon. We need to work together for this like Panda said. Of course I don't have any ideas right now, but I will
reeeeeed teh threeeed d0000000000d

We already have this hint figured out, pretty much. A large, quoted summary of it is on the previous page.

:/

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I love how all of us who were around when this was figured out, assuming that it is right after all, (I'd love to take some credit, but I didn't really do anything for it...) are sticking around and laughing at those who come in later and don't know.

I so see why the SBR finds this thread hilarious. You win a lot, SBR.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
You guys have no IDEA how much I'd love it if the SBR have NOTHING to do with the PKLUVA account.
I'd thought about this (and a number of members have said something similar), and it would be hilarious if it was true (maybe that's why they were saying the SBR has won and such? :laugh:) but there are too many clues for it not to be PKLuva.

All the members of the SBR were hinting that you need to search.

Panda said to look towards our other members.

And as soon as we were on the right track (as in, as soon as infzy said "lol, member called PKLuva") they stopped posting as frequently.

There are a number of other reasons, but basically, it is too obvious with all the info given to us that PKLuva is the person we were meant to find.

Now, where we CAN be wrong is our interpretation of PKLuva's comments...were we supposed to get "Oli" as a refrence to Olimar? Or "I fight for my friends" for Ike? Are there more steps to the hint? Or maybe something else? It's hard to tell for 100%.

But to me, the answer that is most clear and correct is...

Ike.Climbers.

Yup.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I may be 100% wrong here, but this is my guess: Olimar

Quote: "As Overswarm put it, "I find it hilarious that we give you guys the moon and you look at it with a microscope." But it doesn't stop there. We've laid out a trial of breadcrumbs to lead you to the final answer, and although you may get sidetracked here and there... you'll know the real answer when you see it."

They give us the moon = In space
We look at it with a microscope = Really Tiny
Breadcrumbs = Tiny
You may get sidetracked = Pikmin can get kind of side tracked.
You'll know the real answer when you see it = Olimar is hard to see because he is so small but when you see him, you'll know it's him.

Quote: "Don't think you can just do this alone, you have to work together on this one. And even if you decipher it, you may not know what to do with it. I'd suggest you look to your other members for help."

Don't think you can do this alone = Olimar can't do anything without his Pikmin
You have to work together on this one = Olimar needs the Pikmin's help
Even if you decipher it you may not know what to do with it = Even when a singular Pikmin accomplishes something he doesn't know what to do next.
I'd suggest you look to your other members for help = Pikmin must work with each other to accomplish larger feats.

I think it all points to Olimar
*facepalm*
It's reverse psychology I tell you. It's Olimar. Oli Oli, OS giggling after someone said Olimar, which means that person was on the right track, and then this.

It is obvious that OS knows that magnificentmarth has the correct answer, but the wrong reason. All I know is that it can't be Ness or Lucas thanks to the obviousness of PKLuva. There is no way that the clues point toward Mario, Sonic, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Peach, ZSS, Wario, Luigi, or Fox.

It has to be Ike or Olimar, and I say Olimar.

None of the posts that OS said could be it had anything to do with Ike. It's Olimar.

BTW, it's obvious that Panda knows PKLuva personally. He said "I feel bad for you" because he knows that all of these people are going to annoy PKLuva. Or, PKLuva is an alternate account made by OS or Panda. Just to mess this up, I'm goin to create a mindgame of my own.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
We like Ike! We like Ike!

And we don't like complex hints that make no sense, so it can't be Ike.

(JK, actually, I liked this hint, GJ again sbr :) )

Top Bottom