• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skler's Incredibly Awesome Link Guide! Discussion too!

rhan

Smash Hero
Jesus the Link boards are sooo cooooooooool. =D
See I would get a tattoo but I'm too young and plus I think a Triforce or something would be kinda dumb.
I mean iunno. Mad props to someone who does it though.
I plan on getting the Triforce.

But another sweet *** tat would be the windfish from Link's Awakening. I have no idea why but It looks amazing to me.

But Triforce has top priority.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
i am actually getting this on the front of my left leg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/theunseencasualtie/stainedglass8.jpg?t=1256841962

luckily being a catcher for 5+ years gave my big enough legs to do that. the trim under link is actually going to say Ordo Arcanum, which was the name of a group of friends of mine that stuck together throughout highschool, we all are getting ( some already have theirs ) there nerd tattoos that have ordo arcanum in it. It was either that or the fox hound symbol on my arm.

Spife

Smash Master
I'm gonna get frame 4 of the nair on my *****, that way ladies will know what it's about ;)

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I've meet a kid with a glow in the dark tri force tattoo on the back of his hand. Kid's all business! Too bad he's not as cool as his tatoo.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Skler, I read that entire thing and I feel 3 times smarter than I did. XD.

HiIH

Smash Lord
About to rep Link in a tourney tomorrow. Wish me luck guys.

I don't have my tattoo yet, so my victory isn't assured = (

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
nun just chillin', focused and what not. Anyways, I see theres lots of Link ******* going to Pound 4. Goodluck to all. Also Skler, I read bits of the guide (no way im reading the whole things cause its probably gonna get back into smash if I read your printed knowledge about Link) but yeah I like :)

Edit: I expect lots of videos from Pound 4.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
That double SH bair is very difficult for me to pull off with the C-stick. I use the A button for bairs from now on, just in case I want to double up the pain. Is this what everyone else is doing or am I just really slow with the C-stick?

HiIH

Smash Lord
I won my first set. Next is probably lambchops.

I'm using the sklr tag and blue link. Wish me luck.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
That double SH bair is very difficult for me to pull off with the C-stick. I use the A button for bairs from now on, just in case I want to double up the pain. Is this what everyone else is doing or am I just really slow with the C-stick?

lolololol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I0oR3r0k3k

Jump and bair right away. I use the A button for the backair. On the other hand, the double jump is really really late.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Got knocked outta winners by Lambchop, 2-0 instead of 2-1 this time. I wasn't thinking with my counterpick. = \

Anyway, made it to losers quarters before I ****ed up. Sorry guys = ( My Link made an impression though.

Skler

Smash Master
Just go to the temple of time and try again.

It's pronounced exactly the way it's spelled, Chival. Skler, One syllable. Sounds similar to slur (best alliteration ever), but with a K added in.

HI JFOX!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Ah. For some reason, I thought it was like an abbreviation or something, and I've been pronouncing it skuller. >_>

I feel dumbish.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Link's jump is a 7 frame jump, that means he's airborne on frame 7. Meaning you can input an action on that 7th frame. So really having a 7 frame jump means "6 frame jump startup".

Link's Nair out of shield comes out on frame 10, not 11.

[/nitpick]

HiIH

Smash Lord
@Skler:About the instant Hookshot suck to you can see it in this video about 4:40. It's just a LITTLE slack in the line just as you start to fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH99z_j7CKQ
(I messed up in the second match a little more because my crewmate was coaching Toasty on how to fight a Link, but I had him so shook up he went Pikachu match three and got 4 stocked on DL. No johns though, I was greedy <.<)

Skler

Smash Master
If Link's jump is a 7 frame jump, that means he's airborne on frame 7. Meaning you can input an action on that 7th frame. So really having a 7 frame jump means "6 frame jump startup".

Link's Nair out of shield comes out on frame 10, not 11.

[/nitpick]
Eff, I thought it meant airborne frame 8. Interesting frame tidbit: Link can let go of edges on frame 3 (maybe 4) after grabbing it. Other characters have to wait until 7 or 8. **** yeah, Link.

@HiIh, that was also battlefield though. I practiced this recently (and have been looking at other stages) to figure out how it works. It has something to do with the spot you hookshot, but it's looking different for each level. If somebody has an AR I'm sure they could figure it out much faster...

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Eff, I thought it meant airborne frame 8. Interesting frame tidbit: Link can let go of edges on frame 3 (maybe 4) after grabbing it. Other characters have to wait until 7 or 8. **** yeah, Link.
Whoa. Is there a list of these frame anywhere, and could this possibly give Link an infinite stall?

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
How to fight Captain Falcons that can shuffle and gentleman and moonwalk and do that stupid stomp to knee so fast that i cant get a utilt out. oh and general tips against a peach. im about 50/50 on that match up and i want an edge.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Fwiw, you have to kinda predict when the falcon is gonna approach from his DD to hit him with the utilt. Don't just randomly utilt unless you're outside of his DD range enough, or you think you can hit him or he'll punish you.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
LOL im the only one who knew how to pronounce his name.

and make the falcon think ur vulnarable so he goes for the (insert move). like wd back>dashforward>moonwalk or something.

edit- STICKY. NOW!

Impp

Smash Ace
When you guys do full hopped rising neutral airs, do you hold x then press a, or do you use up on the joystick, let go then press a?
I'm having trouble with it. And it seems important. I don't hold x long enough and always short hop, and I want the move to come out as soon as it can. With the fair and bair I use up and c-stick, but it doesn't work because either the move doesn't come out fast enough or I up air. I probably just need to practice pressing x and a at the same time, but any input on your guys part would be appreciated.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I just press X with the right side of my thumb and roll it over to A. Simple.

My Y button is so underused.

Top Bottom