• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skler's Incredibly Awesome Link Guide! Discussion too!

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
A Falcon main being converted to Link? =D
And this guide better be amazing-er then Lord HDL's Link guide if you're giving this much Hype!

Skler

Smash Master
This guide is still in progress. Going to do some WORK at mass madness before writing up more. Expect it to be finished next week depending on school.

HiIH

Smash Lord
How bout a Link cosplayin guide? This sounds like useful info so we can recognize each other at a distance.

Spife

Smash Master
Skler we were going to get a chain of "I'm pretty sure..."s going on and you RUINED IT!

ohshi purple

rhan

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure it was a joke Rhan
I'm pretty sure he was being ironic by saying color doesn't matter and posting in purple onedayafter7.
Mindgamez!

It makes a little bit of a difference on certian stages. Ex: Green on Yoshi's, Red on Kongo Jungle (64). Either it's harder to focus in on your character or the opponents. I tend to do this when I'm trying to watch where I'm at and the opponent at the same time. Watching my projectiles and making sure I'm able to recover.

I mainly do that with Samus though.

Speaking of purple...<flexes>
Sexy! Congrats. You deserved it for real.

Skler

Smash Master
This should be done by Friday. The key word being should.

Character matchups are taking forever though. Half the low tiers are going to end up being something like "camp and then win vs approach." Oh low tiers, camping is so easy against you!

Edit: <3 Rhan

Skyson

Smash Ace
Pretty sure Link's arrows only cancel some projectiles because they have HP shells like Sheik's needles do. o_o

Converting from a Sheik main to a Link main, so I carry some knowledge about what I keep hearing is [one of] his worst match-up. Link is so absurdly fun to play. Recovery tactics will be amazing to read about, most.def.

There should be a section on how ****ing amazing Dair is. A section on bans/CPs, for sure. I keep banning Battlefield; the whole "bottom wrecks your [cooler] recovery options" thing isn't so nice. =(

This guide will = <3.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
IT'S FRIDAY COUGH IT UP! D:<
jk take your time.
And this whole Color coordinated thing sounds very interesting...
But White sexy Tunic all day. =D

Skler

Smash Master
Blah blah blah, guides are a lot of work, blah blah blah, homecoming weekend, blah blah blah, matchups take up almost a page each on MS word, blah blah blah, constantly editing stuff to make sure it's comprehensible, blah blah blah.

Expect it Monday depending on how long it takes me to do a project and some other things.

rhan

Smash Hero
my bad Rhan
It's all good. I get bored easily at my house. ;)

Blah blah blah, guides are a lot of work, blah blah blah, homecoming weekend, blah blah blah, matchups take up almost a page each on MS word, blah blah blah, constantly editing stuff to make sure it's comprehensible, blah blah blah.

Expect it Monday depending on how long it takes me to do a project and some other things.
I'll be waiting. Maybe I could put some of the info into my YOung Link play. :)

HiIH

Smash Lord
Rhan said:
Mindgamez!

It makes a little bit of a difference on certian stages. Ex: Green on Yoshi's, Red on Kongo Jungle (64). Either it's harder to focus in on your character or the opponents. I tend to do this when I'm trying to watch where I'm at and the opponent at the same time. Watching my projectiles and making sure I'm able to recover.

I mainly do that with Samus though.
Try fighting a black doc on BF or a Green GaW ducking on Dreamland.

Skler

Smash Master
What are your thoughts on Pikachu love?
You of all people should know my thoughts on Pikachu love.

It's true, IM did beat me on Brinstar. Unfortunately one can't ban both Mute city and Brinstar. Peach is full of silly counter picks.

Writing the guide when I wake up, woooooooooooooo.

rhan

Smash Hero
Link does well with a Young Link on his side! :D *Bias* Until a Marth and a Sheik come along.....

But in general Link is probably my most favorite character to team with. As long as I can read his projectile usage and I'm able to dodge them fluently then it's a web of ****.

Skler

Smash Master
Link is pretty decent in teams. He just isn't decent against teams where the characters completely counter him. Link can deal with floaties really well, and since most teams have a jiggs/peach hanging out Link is better in teams than he is in singles. He also saves people decently and makes teammates escape combos like crazy.

More on this in Skler's Link Guide! Coming eventually to a screen near you. Probably after this weekend, I'm more than halfway done now. It's already 14 pages long (MS word) and doesn't include a list of moves and details on the moves. The closest it has to that is a section on moves in combos.

Skler

Smash Master
I underestimated the amount of work guides take. I've been working on it for about an hour a day every day. It isn't easy to include only relevant information and get the information people actually need in there. This guide is going to be setting a new standard, ****it.

Also school.

I should add a donate button to the guide.

Skler

Smash Master
This will probably be finished tomorrow (it's currently 22 pages in MS word, single spaced in font 11, I expect it to be maybe 24 pages once it's finished) and then it's just formatting it and other fun things.

It's been a lot of work, and putting it online will be even MORE work. Maybe I'll release the teaser/foreword when I finish writing it.

Skyson

Smash Ace
I'm going to sit here and watch this thread until it's posted.

Massive awesome Link guide. yes please. :]

Top Bottom