• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skler's Incredibly Awesome Link Guide! Discussion too!

Skler

Smash Master
Well, it's up and running for now! Not sure how long the school will let me have my site up though >.>

Discuss the guide here, ask for things to be added, etc.

Skler's Link Guide

THE LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED!

Spife

Smash Master
I want to know how to love. Can you teach me how to love? I need to know how to love by this weekend....

xIcelinkx

Smash Cadet
Skip all the boring stuff that every single other person writes about (ie how to wavedash, the stats of EVERY move). Just tell us the combo potential that each move has? And the stuff that people missed (like actual help doing the bomb recovery).

Skler

Smash Master
Alright, so far we have (in addition to normal guidey stuff) doing the double nair effectively, combo potential of moves, how to bomb jump and how to love/my thoughts on love.

I might do some research on Link's insta-sweetspot hookshot, I have a new theory on it that will be tested today.

Spife

Smash Master
Although said, but I'd like to clarify, what % move A combos into move B. Like what percents link can downthrow to up b/tilt/air. I was going to find that out but had no one willing to do it with good DI.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Since you're including match-ups then I'd like CPs. I always have trouble with them. And maybe some tips on how to not suck when I'm off the stage. I don't play Link in teams because I usually get ***** or can't do anything. And since you're really good with his projectiles; I'd like some info on which and when to use.

Skler

Smash Master
Bam, first post updated with the current requests my initial list didn't cover.

Keep things coming if you can think of them! I should be able to get at least half of it done this week. ****'s going to be intense.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
OoS stuff? what to do when pressured in shield?

This is a handy thing people dont usually put in guides.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i dont rly use link that often, but i support his metagame 100000%. just as much as ALL the other characters. well except ness.

point is, this will be ****. name it "Gihad me at hello"

Spife

Smash Master
You guys are expecting waaaaay to much out of Link and Skler. Most of it's going to be like "Okay so in this match up you're going to want to nair... A LOT!". That'll actually probably be the ENTIRE guide.

lulz, skler, bair > dj > X uses.

N64

Smash Champion
So Skler's guide will basically stop all conversation on the link boards?

Skler, pls include how to play link.

Edit: ok for serious, recovery options/tactics. Namely how you ALWAYS make it back to the stage, regardless of how many jolts/ftilts/whatevers i throw at you.

Skler

Smash Master
Fun fact: Writing guides takes a long time. I got the recovery and moves in combos sections out of the way. I included my thoughts on Link's potential anyways, so hah.

I feel I should warn everybody right now that this guide will blow your minds ten ways to next Tuesday. That's being modest, too.

Spife

Smash Master
what about our *****? Will it blow our ***** too?

new section of the guide, how to blow minds (and *****) 10 ways till tuesday with Link.

-___- why is ***** not censored?

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
I don't think using arrows to block projectiles is all that good. It doesn't stay in the ground very long and these days Players like Falco don't do standing projectile spamming.

Top Bottom