• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skler's Incredibly Awesome Link Guide! Discussion too!

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
wouldn't the germ (falling nair off the stage) work if you predict the sheik recovering low? I know I've done it a couple of times.

Skler

Smash Master
The one true way to edgeguard Sheik is either jump out and nair at her before/during her double jump (only done if she's close) or hang on the edge and ledgehop into an upB or dair during her massive recovery lag. You can dair Sheik by pure reactions if you just wait on the edge, her recovery is that laggy.

During winter break I might elaborate on things in the guide more. My last stretch is going to be rough this semester.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. I actually think that Link is a fairly good counter for pika. I have a friend who mains pika and my link does well vs him. If mango decided to main link...well im fairly certain axe wouldnt have stood a chance.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
So like I've been playing my friends Peach a lot and I've been wondering how do you kill her?
I've tried like everything to edge guard.
I mean it's all gravy when we're on the stage but once she gets off stage that floating **** and what-not is just dumb. From time to time an up-B got her when she used the parasol, but that's about it.
But yeah the guide didn't really tell me anything on that besides saying I'm pretty screwed.

Also ty for the info about F-tilting being a **** edgeguard.
It was hard to get into the habit but it payed off a loooooooot. =D

Spife

Smash Master
just keep doing damage till you can kill her. Or downthrow uair after 100%. Probably not guaranteed but it'll do it's job.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Ahahaha seriously?
I never knew what it was called.
Then again I still don't say SKRAAAAAAAA yet.
I'll get into it and become a real Link main. ;D

Spife

Smash Master
There might be a more serious name used but we here call it SKRAAA hogging

Skler

Smash Master
So like I've been playing my friends Peach a lot and I've been wondering how do you kill her?
I've tried like everything to edge guard.
I mean it's all gravy when we're on the stage but once she gets off stage that floating **** and what-not is just dumb. From time to time an up-B got her when she used the parasol, but that's about it.
But yeah the guide didn't really tell me anything on that besides saying I'm pretty screwed.

Also ty for the info about F-tilting being a **** edgeguard.
It was hard to get into the habit but it payed off a loooooooot. =D
That's because you are screwed! All you can really do is throw things and wait for her to get above you for some uair fun. Also stop her from just grabbing the edge.

Edit: The real term is spin hogging, but since I'm me it's called the SKRAAAAAAAAA! hog. It isn't the SKRAAAAAAAA! hog or the SKRAAAAAAAAAA! hog, it's the SKRAAAAAAAAA! hog.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'd say she's more screwed than you are. I mean, she's the one offstage and you're just waiting for her to get closer so you can uair or nair her back where she came from.

But yeah, I see where you're coming from. You honestly can't edgehog peach easily. That's one of her biggest perks. The only thing I can really reccomend is to just do what you can and hit her harder next time.

lol, SKRAAAAAA! hogging. I like it. xD

Edit: Mango's link really is just 'meh.' People are ridin his junk sayin 'oooh, mayngo's zelda is liek freakign amazing!!!11' but it isn't anything to write home about. Axe's pika is awesome, though.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I'm serious here.
I'm going to a tourney on like the 2nd or something.
I want to rock Link all the time.
But should I switch to my Ganon when I see Sheik?
I mean I'd like to do well also.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
be link all the way if THE GERM can beat dsf sheik so can u (lol old match but still epic)

The GERM(Link) vs DSF(Sheik)FD(July05)Round1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCzNI18mpaw

The GERM (Link) vs. DSF (Sheik) FOD (July '05) Round 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlT4EPqQNs&feature=related

GERM(Link) vs DSF(Sheik) Dreamland(July05)Round3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBx9SUDiq8&feature=related

WATCH OUT FOR CG
Germ (Link) vs BoA (Shiek) 2 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY0aV87N5dE

144 - Kou (Sheik) vs Aniki (Link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bVKmA9kNQ

just trying to help u out if u need to see how to fight shiek if it helps awesome :)
if it didnt dont flame me :ohwell: im just tryin to help! stick with link to make him low mid tier hope u do good and im going to a melee tourney i think next week or the week after im going link all da way =)

Skler

Smash Master
You can go Link vs Sheik if you're confident in the matchup. Know what you need to do and just do it, most Sheik's don't know it very well and will play kind of sloppy.

rhan

Smash Hero
Skler go to Pound. :(

Lol

I'm gonna rep Link a few times just for my Link homboiz!

Skler

Smash Master
The hookshot is slow enough that you can throw it out after the bairs and nairs and still expect to grab characters if they don't DJ/dodge or if they fall fast enough. Most people don't like burning double jumps (especially gimpable spanimals) so it works a lot.

Also, it's the mother****ing Germ. That's how.

Skler

Smash Master
It wouldn't be difficult to transition but they have almost the same exact bad matchups. You'd be better off grabbing Fox, Falco or Sheik as a secondary. ICs or Samus can also make a decent secondary if you really hate using the top tiers for some reason.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
It wouldn't be difficult to transition but they have almost the same exact bad matchups. You'd be better off grabbing Fox, Falco or Sheik as a secondary. ICs or Samus can also make a decent secondary if you really hate using the top tiers for some reason.
I've got Samus down pretty well. Maybe I'll use her... But I still fail to see how Fox is just top tier. I mean, sure, he's got The Shine. But he is easily chaingrabbed, comboed, and Fairly easy to gimp. I think Link should pwn that matchup.

Skler

Smash Master
Fox can combo and gimp the entire cast, has great mobility, high priority, fantastic kill moves and combos that lead into those kill moves. He has a move that lets him punish you for trying to punish him!

He is the best character in the game.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Fox can combo and gimp the entire cast, has great mobility, high priority, fantastic kill moves and combos that lead into those kill moves. He has a move that lets him punish you for trying to punish him!

He is the best character in the game.
As much as I hate to admit it, he probably is the best. :(

But if I ever got a hold of 'im.... >:D hehehe....

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
So today I was practicing the SKRAAAAA! hog and stuff.

I noticed that when you fall off and you don't push back you just keep falling and up as if you're standing up.

I just that was something I should share.

And Skler you said you were going to update the guide or something iirc?

Skler

Smash Master
I'm going to add some stuff, I just got back from substitute teaching the next generation of Link players. Give me timeeeee.

HiIH

Smash Lord
On the subject of secondaries, I really really enjoy Doc/Mario, but I find myself playing alot of Captain. Of course I seem to hardly ever play my Link in friendlies = \

Top Bottom