• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Okay, I don't understand how you have fun camping but to each his own.

BTW, I'm not in the minority for my opinion. Most players hate camping with a passion.
That was a phase that died out once people realized that most players can't camp worth a ****.

They only get *****y about it when it when a player actually starts doing it properly and the opponent can't punish them well enough for it.

And I'm not a minority either. I've a whole metagame backing me up.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Fortunately for me, I don't see too many campers. As for ROB, most ROBs aren't that campy. They may move over to the ledge and fire their 2 projectiles when the opponent approaches but switch back to aggressive mode within very little time. At least that's how OverSwarm plays ROB, and he's considered the best ROB.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Fortunately for me, I don't see too many campers. As for ROB, most ROBs aren't that campy. They may move over to the ledge and fire their 2 projectiles when the opponent approaches but come back at their opponent within 10 seconds or so. At least that's how OverSwarm plays ROB, and he's considered the best ROB.
You think Overswarm is not campy?

Wwwwwooooooow.

And it may be that you're not seeing campy R.O.B.s because either they're not very confident in their camping abilities or they are simply using better options against a given opponent's strategy.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
OS is a very defensive ROB, but that does not mean he is campy. And when he stays away from his opponent to charge the gyro, that doesn't count as camping.
At least he is always constantly moving horizontally and actually tries to approach often.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
OS is a very defensive ROB, but that does not mean he is campy. And when he stays away from his opponent to charge the gyro, that doesn't count as camping.
At least he is always constantly moving horizontally and actually tries to approach often.
No. He's really campy. And he's good at it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I have to agree with DRaGZ.
Successfully camping an opponent is something that is rewarding. At least to me.

And yes, campers annoy they **** outta me when I play a pressure based character like Diddy.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
None of my characters can camp so it's never been an issue for me. All Robs camp......that's just the way the character is played.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, I don't understand how you have fun camping but to each his own.

BTW, I'm not in the minority for my opinion. Most players hate camping with a passion.
I LOVE to camp.
<---- see avi

It's only not fun when your opponent stops thinking rationally on how to get past it, they just give up all together, or they give up on brawl entirely...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yo inui you said you were gonna win and get snake madd points, what happened?
I lost Snake dittos to Yes! because I never played them before and he has.

Atomsk lost in winners to Keitaro, putting him losers near me at the 4th place spot, so I lost to him.

like a very close friend of mine would say,
"Come on! Step it up!!"
you didnt even get money....
if the guy loses to an MK and a D3 that only shows that those guys were better players... it doesnt prove much
There was no money involved, or else I would have used MK at least against Yes! and Atomsk.

you were talking madd smack on keitaro too, you were supposed to beat him

im disappointed in you...
I didn't play Keitaro.

on the brightside, tell Blue to keep repping sonic, and eventually ill play him and show what sonic can do. lol. who did he lose to anyway?
Blue lost to Atomsk and I.

p.s. you only beat blue because you know his style, and he plays a terribad character
I can beat all of his characters with multiple characters. I'm a lot better than him and he'll admit it.

TOURNAMENT: The Last Hurrah - Cyberden
LINK: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201678
DATE: October 26th, 2008
LOCALE: Atlantic North
ENTRANTS: 52
ENTRY: $10.00
RESULTS:
1 Forte (Meta Knight)
2 Chu Dat (Kirby)
3 Korn (Meta Knight/King Dedede)
4 Boss (Mario/Luigi)
5 Candy (King Dedede/Snake/Meta Knight)
5 NEO (Marth)
7 Chillin (Snake)
7 Yooster (Meta Knight)

That's an example I have yet to see.
Yup. Forte won. Mew2King considers him the 2nd best MK main in the nation and Forte is good enough to take out players like Azen and Chillin. It's worth noting that Forte lost in winners to a SNAKE.

Keitaro said:
Oh, and Blue went Snake and took Inui to 3rd match last stock. It was Blue's first time using Snake ever too, lmao!! Too good!!
You're a prick.

You know I SD'd literally 5 times at under 30% damage in that set. That's 5 out of 9 stocks completely wasted. If anything, that shows how much better I am than Blue if I could win with less than half of the stocks allowed in the set.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey Inui, you say you don't care about if people respect you or not, then you go and john to everyone about why you lost a GAME to someone. If'n ya didn't care, why do you have to go so far as ta talk about why you should't've lost? Just stop losin', ze.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Yup. Forte won. Mew2King considers him the 2nd best MK main in the nation and Forte is good enough to take out players like Azen and Chillin. It's worth noting that Forte lost in winners to a SNAKE.
Okay? But why did that matter? I didn't use that data as an example to show MK is better/worse than snake. I used it to show you were biased, and you're still ignoring the win %. =/ However, it seems the tournies have been shaken up a bit lately and MK isn't going as strong upon the opening days of november. He may yet have a chance to not be banned.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I smell a scrub.

Brawl is a more defensive game, with tons of emphasis on camping. The idea that you can put yourself in a position of power by camping, and choosing not to because it's "unfun" is ****ing ********. A good player uses his characters and defense in harmony, which includes camping.

Side note- When the **** are you guys going to try to stay on the ****ing topic, instead of having a pissfest with Inui.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I might learn perfect camp ROB to experiment against MK and various characters. ROB is a really gay character, but a lot of people in our region don't play him. He may have some potential, like Olimar. Snake, Olimar and ROB are probably the best MK campers. Falco's lasers aren't as effective against MK.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I lost Snake dittos to Yes! because I never played them before and he has.
John
Atomsk lost in winners to Keitaro, putting him losers near me at the 4th place spot, so I lost to him.

this was the only time you didnt john, was when you said he knew the match better than you

There was no money involved, or else I would have used MK at least against Yes! and Atomsk.

this is not only johntastic, but also the reason why ankoku doesnt include no money tourneys in his rankings...

I can beat all of his characters with multiple characters. I'm a lot better than him and he'll admit it.

Its really not a good look when you have to stroke your own ego like that.... also, if you are really SOOOOOO good than you should do what atomsk does...

its also worth noting that atomsk lost to a falco, does that mean anything? no... because he won the tourney anyway.

You're a prick.
and youre a hypocrite.
You know I SD'd literally 5 times at under 30% damage in that set. That's 5 out of 9 stocks completely wasted. If anything, that shows how much better I am than Blue if I could win with less than half of the stocks allowed in the set.
sip some more haterade please, you shouldnt talk like that about your friends. btw, this could also show that both of you suck at the game since you SD 5 out of 9 stocks in atourney match, but what evs...
Hey Inui, you say you don't care about if people respect you or not, then you go and john to everyone about why you lost a GAME to someone. If'n ya didn't care, why do you have to go so far as ta talk about why you should't've lost? Just stop losin', ze.
this
keep winning like me XD
and super-this

EDIT for lulz
salaboB is too good!!

salaboB

Smash Champion
However, it seems the tournies have been shaken up a bit lately and MK isn't going as strong upon the opening days of november. He may yet have a chance to not be banned.
He's being soft banned relatively successfully.

Even Inui got in on it, not bringing out MK against people who he failed to win against without him.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
How does this relate to MK being banned or not
Well, let's see. If he wins a lot, then it proves that he's dominating the Metagame and since it's by such a wide margin, he might deserve a ban.
However, lately, his rankings have gone down due to a soft ban. This could be good and bad because although it stops him from winning everything, it also skews the data so we can't see Metaknight's potential at the highest level of play if those players don't play him. =/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I might learn perfect camp ROB to experiment against MK and various characters. ROB is a really gay character, but a lot of people in our region don't play him. He may have some potential, like Olimar. Snake, Olimar and ROB are probably the best MK campers. Falco's lasers aren't as effective against MK.
I will slap you so hard.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
TOURNAMENT: The Last Hurrah - Cyberden
LINK: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201678
DATE: October 26th, 2008
LOCALE: Atlantic North
ENTRANTS: 52
ENTRY: $10.00
RESULTS:
1 Forte (Meta Knight)
2 Chu Dat (Kirby)
3 Korn (Meta Knight/King Dedede)
4 Boss (Mario/Luigi)
5 Candy (King Dedede/Snake/Meta Knight)
5 NEO (Marth)
7 Chillin (Snake)
7 Yooster (Meta Knight)

That's an example I have yet to see.
Chu Dat and Boss are too good. Really, they are two of my favorite players... ever.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
I don't see this soft ban at all, thats complete bull.
People, including top players, are still using metaknight frequently, the only difference is that now metaknight is being used as a crutch. The character has become 'i could have beaten you, but i don't want to be cheap and use metaknight' regardless of whether or not he would have actually won with metaknight.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I am for the ban but one thing that worries me is... say there was a poll saying Snake should be banned, or Wolf, Ness, Kriby or who ever, what would the votes look like? Odds are there would be far less saying "ban him"for the most part i would hope/think, but you would get those people who just can't beat ness, wolf, ect. ect. saying ban him. Say that most people say ban Snake just like most people say ban MK right now, do we? Snake isn't nearly as hot a topic as MK for this but some people do say ban him too. But what about D3 or Pit alot of people say they is cheap with arrows, and an amazing chain grab and hate to fight them so say either of those 2 have more people saying ban them what then?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I am for the ban but one thing that worries me is... say there was a poll saying Snake should be banned, or Wolf, Ness, Kriby or who ever, what would the votes look like? Odds are there would be far less saying "ban him"for the most part i would hope/think, but you would get those people who just can't beat ness, wolf, ect. ect. saying ban him. Say that most people say ban Snake just like most people say ban MK right now, do we? Snake isn't nearly as hot a topic as MK for this but some people do say ban him too. But what about D3 or Pit alot of people say they is cheap with arrows, and an amazing chain grab and hate to fight them so say either of those 2 have more people saying ban them what then?
Well, then you would bring up more points against it, like what their matchups look like (if they get hard countered by anybody then they're obviously not broken), how they preform on different stages, and general weaknesses of the character (Marth's lackluster recovery for example).

Spellman

Smash Ace
It'll be a shame if we lose Meta-Knight as I am pro-keep Meta-Knight. However, if it's really making the experience of Brawl less enjoyable for the majority of players, then that settles it. There will be a lot of disappointed Meta-Knight players though, and disappointed people who worked their ***es off to try and come up with counter strategies.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Yes it does, if more people are "angry at Meta-Knight" then there are people who are "angry at people who are angry at Meta-Knight", the game will shift accordingly. I think the ban of a character or game play element(items) is enough to show what anger and frustration causes.

Edit: I think what you are saying is, "Angry minorities mean nothing."

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Well, then you would bring up more points against it, like what their matchups look like (if they get hard countered by anybody then they're obviously not broken), how they preform on different stages, and general weaknesses of the character (Marth's lackluster recovery for example).
I know it would bring up more points against banning MK, but it is important to understand both sides and not be bull headed.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
about snake

we will cross that bridge when we get to it, if he dominate like MK, yes if not no, but we arent talking about that right now, and it doesnt serve any purpose to bring up hypothetical situations like that. worry about it when it happens

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Snake cannot be as overwhelming as MK, simply because he is seriously cp'able. Snake does not have the overpowered strategies and metagame-shifting presence that MK has. Snake has exploitable - and that's the key word - weaknesses. MK has a huge combination of factors which lead to the desire for him to be banned. None of them are absolutely insane, but all of them are problematic for the game. No other character in the history of smash has had that combination of factors. No other character in the history of smash has been nearly this controversial, nor nearly this bad for the game itself. No other character has the combination of problematic factors that MK has.

Banning MK won't change the fact that MK, DDD, G&W, etc. all have exploitable weaknesses, all do not benefit from certain overpowered strategies (such as ledge camping) to anywhere near the extent that MK does, and are all able to be significantly countered by certain other characters/stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom